PDA

View Full Version : FC Dallas Loose Toja

jabbronies
08-02-2008, 10:17 AM
FRISCO, Texas -- FC Dallas said goodbye to one of its most popular players Friday, finalizing the transfer of midfielder Juan Toja to Romanian club FC Steaua Bucuresti for an undisclosed amount.

"We wish Juan all the best in Europe and thank him for his contribution to FC Dallas, on and off the field," FCD general manager Michael Hitchcock said. "Juan is a special player who will have success wherever he plays. That said we're confident that we have a number of good young players who are ready to step up and fill the shoes that Juan is leaving."

http://web.mlsnet.com/news/mls_news.jsp?ymd=20080801&content_id=177331&vkey=news_mls&fext=.jsp

BigPoppy
08-02-2008, 10:24 AM
Thats a huge blow to FCD I thought he was their best player all season. I guess thats some good news for us on Sunday......

Dirk Diggler
08-02-2008, 06:58 PM
If they sell both Toja and Cooper, their championship hopes this season will most definitely be destroyed.

RedLion
08-02-2008, 07:38 PM
Good news for us, in our weakened defensive state. I was wondering who would be assigned the task of marking Toja.

I know people have criticized Tebily's reasons for leaving and he didn't play that much for us anyway, but regardless, it's a loss.
Part of the mental block the team is going through seems to involve getting panicky in defence in the last 10 to 15 minutes of the game. It's as though they're trying too hard and just losing the plot.

I thought Tebily added some composure to settle things down when the team's trying to shut up shop and get a point or three.

Hope Mo is looking for an experienced defender or two as well as another striker.

Sorry if this is going off-topic.

profit89
08-03-2008, 01:30 PM
If they sell both Toja and Cooper, their championship hopes this season will most definitely be destroyed.

With that money they'll sign a DP... Ariel Ortega

Roogsy
08-03-2008, 07:46 PM
They handled us fine without Toja.

ACSertL
08-03-2008, 10:48 PM
They handled us fine without Toja.

Didn't the P.A. announcer falsely introduce Toja as the second substitute...maybe I was just hearing things?

king10
08-04-2008, 09:07 AM
Didn't the P.A. announcer falsely introduce Toja as the second substitute...maybe I was just hearing things?

i could have sworn i heard the same thing.. but i was like was he not just sold

Nuvinho
08-04-2008, 09:11 AM
I was screaming.....saying, he can't play.....he already has been transferred!!!

colman1860
08-04-2008, 03:59 PM
Ya it wasnt him...but has our PA announcer ever gotten anyones name right?