PDA

View Full Version : Match Day 6 - Chicago Fire @ TFC Saturday April 28 3pm - Coming Back Home

OgtheDim
04-23-2018, 04:19 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9W6Jl3beOlY

For once I'm being personal with this choice - that's my neighbourhood today. My library -my subway stops. My memories.

My city. Our city.

Fuck this shit today.

Welcome back to the boys from the journey. Whatever happens Wednesday, you rep this city.

See you all on Saturday.

Have at It people

cherono
04-23-2018, 05:43 PM
Nice one, Og. Great sentiments in on an awful day.

Detroit_TFC
04-23-2018, 06:21 PM
Nice one, Og. Great sentiments in on an awful day.

Seconded.

Auzzy
04-23-2018, 09:30 PM
Thanks for that video, I needed that!

Fort York Redcoat
04-24-2018, 10:00 AM
Well said Og. Thanks for posting Game Threads as always.

Carter
04-25-2018, 04:12 AM
We’re Back!!!!

RPB Tailgate

https://i.imgur.com/2oFLiZPl.jpg

Saturday April 28th @ 11:30am (Toronto FC v Chicago Fire 3:00pm Kick-Off)

You heard it right. Tailgates are back with some sweet eats to match the sweet taste of success as reigning MLS Champs!! Everyone is welcome to attend.

** Food available until 1:30pm **

Planned Menu
Supporters Shield Pulled Chicken Sandwiches
MLS Cup Champion Tacos
Glenn M’s Ribs!!
Burgers & Hot dogs (vegetarian available)
Salads
Water & Pop
Snacks

We will be set up in our usual location in the parking lot on the east side of BMO field. (Nunavut Rd.) We hope to see you there!

RPB Tailgate Team

** Note: Times and dates subject to change depending on weather or events on CNE grounds **

Red CB Toronto
04-26-2018, 08:18 AM
Its time to look forward and not worry about what happened yesterday. Put out the best 11 available and douse the Fire. Can't wait for Saturday.

TFC Tifoso
04-26-2018, 08:25 AM
Hopefully the South End can take the lead on this for Saturday....

Rather than lead off the game with "Reds Go Marching In" as usual, would be nice to give the team a couple minutes of ovation for the CCL run, then get into the chants.
Might take a bit for the rest of the stadium to catch on, but I think it would be great.

Canary10
04-26-2018, 09:53 AM
Its time to look forward and not worry about what happened yesterday. Put out the best 11 available and douse the Fire. Can't wait for Saturday.

Will be interesting to see who that best 11 is at this point given all the CCL carnage.

OgtheDim
04-26-2018, 10:32 AM
Defence is going to be Hernandez & whom ever else they can patch up.

I suspect Oso & Delgado get a day off. Bradley, Vasquez Hasler, Aketxe, Morgan

Seba & Hamilton I would hope but I suspect its going to be Ricketts & Seba.

Even patched up, we are a better team then Chicago.

pfk
04-26-2018, 11:55 AM
Given the state of our injuries on defence, the team may be asking a few people from the stands to sub in. Who is match fit on these boards? ;)

saint2e
04-26-2018, 01:52 PM
Will be there this weekend with my family. My 2 year old's first game, and my birthday. Looking to purchase a kit for my b-day present. :)

Random question: We're coming in from out of town for the weekend and would love to take the Go Train in rather than the car. Is there a place with lockers nearby that we can stash our bags before the match?

C.Ronaldo
04-26-2018, 03:48 PM
Will be there this weekend with my family. My 2 year old's first game, and my birthday. Looking to purchase a kit for my b-day present. :)

Random question: We're coming in from out of town for the weekend and would love to take the Go Train in rather than the car. Is there a place with lockers nearby that we can stash our bags before the match?

can try fan services at the stadium, but I would just take them to the seats if not too big.

C.Ronaldo
04-26-2018, 03:50 PM

If Im Delgado, I watn to get back out there asap

benito
04-26-2018, 04:20 PM
The pitch might still be an issue this weekend. I saw it on Thursday night and, not surprising, it looked to be in rough shape.

portu
04-26-2018, 08:27 PM

Irwin; Telfer, Hernandez, Zavaleta, Hasler; Bradley, Fraser, Chapman, Aketxe; Seba, Hamilton is what I think we'll end up with. Hamilton being subbed in over Ricketts in a Champions League final is signal enough that Vanney rates him over Ricketts.

Auzzy
04-26-2018, 09:17 PM
Irwin; Telfer, Hernandez, Zavaleta, Hasler; Bradley, Fraser, Chapman, Aketxe; Seba, Hamilton is what I think we'll end up with. Hamilton being subbed in over Ricketts in a Champions League final is signal enough that Vanney rates him over Ricketts.

Zavaleta also has an injury: quadriceps. He was only good enough for the bench last night. After the long trip back from Guadalajara, he may get a break for this weekend to fully heal. I think we may actually see Dunn again.

Anybody know why Hernandez didn't play vs. Chivas, wasn't even on the bench? Was he not eligible because he wasn't named to the CCL roster in time?

OgtheDim
04-26-2018, 09:21 PM
Vanney says Telfer is an offensive winger & not really a defender.

portu
04-26-2018, 09:22 PM
Zavaleta also has an injury: quadriceps. He was only good enough for the bench last night. After the long trip back from Guadalajara, he may get a break for this weekend to fully heal. I think we may actually see Dunn again.

Anybody know why Hernandez didn't play vs. Chivas, wasn't even on the bench? Was he not eligible because he wasn't named to the CCL roster in time?

Jesus Christ please not Dunn again, he's not ready for this level Nikolic will destroy him. I'd rather us do a rotation at CB like VDW for 45 and someone else for 45 than have Dunn out there.

red-o
04-26-2018, 09:31 PM
He was listed as being out for “match fitness”

OgtheDim
04-26-2018, 09:39 PM
Current forecast - 8 degrees, partly sunny and no rain.

GET OUT THE SUNSCREEN :cheers:

Auzzy
04-26-2018, 10:36 PM
Jesus Christ please not Dunn again, he's not ready for this level Nikolic will destroy him. I'd rather us do a rotation at CB like VDW for 45 and someone else for 45 than have Dunn out there.

I'm not saying Dunn because I think it's a good idea. I just don't think anyone else is available. Apparently even Hernandez was out Wednesday due to "match fitness" so though he'll probably play CB on Saturday it's not like he's super fit either. VDW also had a recent injury. Anyone still nursing an injury, or at risk of injury after all the recent games and flights, should not be playing Saturday. We have a real crisis at the moment at CB with Moor, Mavinga, Hagglund, Zavaleta all injured, as well as Morrow who can also play CB; and Hernandez and VDW not too fit either. We need to think of the whole season and get everybody healthy. Who else would you play at CB?

portu
04-26-2018, 10:39 PM
I'm not saying Dunn because I think it's a good idea. I just don't think anyone else is available. Apparently even Hernandez was out Wednesday due to "match fitness" so though he'll probably play CB on Saturday it's not like he's super fit either. VDW also had a recent injury. Anyone still nursing an injury, or at risk of injury after all the recent games and flights, should not be playing Saturday. We have a real crisis at the moment at CB with Moor, Mavinga, Hagglund, Zavaleta all injured, as well as Morrow who can also play CB; and Hernandez and VDW not too fit either. Who else would you play?
I understand the crisis, but playing Dunn is almost like giving up on 3 points. You can get a couple guys to push through 45 minutes at CB I'm sure. Otherwise screw it just play Bradley there.

notthesun
04-27-2018, 12:39 AM
Yeah Dunn is not close to ready and we don't need to throw him to the wolves again.

If we don't have 3 healthy CBs move Bradley back there and play Fraser at DM.

General Woolfe
04-27-2018, 02:58 AM
Now we turn our full focus back to domestic action it may be worthwhile taking note of the fact that the league has gotten stronger than last year with several teams improving, some substantially. We’re pretty banged up right now so I expect a hybrid 1st eleven/reserves on Saturday. I’m bracing myself that it might not go our way after our exertion on Wednesday. Going forward we will need all the strength, courage and resolve to retain our crown. We need to play at the same level as we did in the CCL to keep the MLS Cup, which surely must be our priority. Hell even the Voyagers might not be a walk in the park with Vancouver looking revitalized in the early weeks of the season. However if we play like we know we can we can reel back the deficit, little by little, step by step. I truly believe we are the best team in MLS but there are some serious challengers this season. We’d do well to take no one lightly and play every game like we did on Wednesday night in Guadalajara

Derko
04-27-2018, 06:35 AM

I agree, Dunn is just way out of his element here, To throw a 17 year old in, he has to be an exceptional defender, which to be fair Dunn is not, more time needed in the lower leagues.

See we do agree Portu, :scarf:

portu
04-27-2018, 06:46 AM
I agree, Dunn is just way out of his element here, To throw a 17 year old in, he has to be an exceptional defender, which to be fair Dunn is not, more time needed in the lower leagues.

See we do agree Portu, :scarf:
Haha good to see :canada:

Joe Kool
04-27-2018, 06:57 AM

Wouldn't Zavaleta be part of that pairing? Noticed he was in the 18 on Wednesday but didn't play which seemed odd with Bradley playing CB. Assuming he had a knock.

Joe Kool
04-27-2018, 07:03 AM

Always best to call TFC FO first during the week to confirm but you should be able to use Fan Services. They check in strollers/umbrellas and all that stuff you are not allowed to bring to your seats on game days because of restrictions at the stadium.

Auzzy
04-27-2018, 07:49 AM
Wouldn't Zavaleta be part of that pairing? Noticed he was in the 18 on Wednesday but didn't play which seemed odd with Bradley playing CB. Assuming he had a knock.

Yes, Zavaleta has a quadriceps injury, was only on the bench vs. Chivas in case of absolute emergencies.

I have no idea who they will play on Saturday, anywhere on the field.

saint2e
04-27-2018, 08:21 AM
Always best to call TFC FO first during the week to confirm but you should be able to use Fan Services. They check in strollers/umbrellas and all that stuff you are not allowed to bring to your seats on game days because of restrictions at the stadium.

Looks like we'll be able to bring in our bags after an "excessive search". We'll pack lightly to avoid any issues. Thanks for the heads up.

langilleski
04-27-2018, 10:06 AM
Does anyone know if I can log in to Bell and watch this game say at 8 pm tomorrow?

Mike_S
04-27-2018, 10:23 AM
^^
Yes, if you record it beforehand.

You can log in to TSN.ca and find it in their On Demand section.

ensco
04-27-2018, 05:18 PM
I hope everyone goes easy on our guys if TFC cough up a furball tomorrow

We are exhausted, we are missing our top 5 CBs, Altidore is clearly hurting, Vazquez is not 100%, they just played the most gut wrenching game imaginable, they flew 6 hours yesterday...

SarniaTFC
04-27-2018, 06:26 PM

We are exhausted, we are missing our top 5 CBs, Altidore is clearly hurting, Vazquez is not 100%, they just played the most gut wrenching game imaginable, they flew 6 hours yesterday...

All very true and valid points but I think it's time we start picking up points in the league. We can't just keep dropping poInts and then expect the boys to win 15-20 games straight.
Tomorow we play the guys who are itching to get back out there after Wednesday night and get back into the winning column.
Its not a season ending loss tomorrow but against a team like Chicago we need to be taking all 3 points. Because they will be up there at the end of the season.

Auzzy
04-27-2018, 07:00 PM

I agree! In addition to having no idea who is healthy enough to play tomorrow, I'm also wary of the cumulative load and strain on a few guys who have NOT had any injury trouble yet, especially Bradley and Giovinco. In previous seasons, we have seen them get injured during a long season; or at least seen them not looking 100% probably due exhaustion and the like.

For all our top players, for me it's much more important that they are available at close to 100% from May through December, than if they play or how they do on April 28th.

OgtheDim
04-27-2018, 08:21 PM
The likely starters tomorrow can beat Chicago - they are not really that good.

anto7
04-27-2018, 08:44 PM
Anyone else see that VDW could be our answer to replace Moor at CB? I prefer him there rather than at RB plus I really like what Auro brings in that position. I don’t think Moor is done yet btw.....and maybe he should partner with VDW. Hopefully a long term partnership of VDW and Nick H could be the answer. Nick’s power in the air combined with VDW’s finesse and passing ability sounds good to me. And of course I think eventually MB is made for the CB role.

Richard
04-27-2018, 09:26 PM
I hope the club does something to recognize the awards Osorio and Giovinco received.

BenRhodes23
04-27-2018, 10:10 PM
Anyone else see that VDW could be our answer to replace Moor at CB? I prefer him there rather than at RB plus I really like what Auro brings in that position. I don’t think Moor is done yet btw.....and maybe he should partner with VDW. Hopefully a long term partnership of VDW and Nick H could be the answer. Nick’s power in the air combined with VDW’s finesse and passing ability sounds good to me. And of course I think eventually MB is made for the CB role.

All very good points.

BenRhodes23
04-27-2018, 10:53 PM
Is the TFC II game general admissision? I might try and stand in the south end for that game if I can :drum:

Blindside16
04-28-2018, 04:50 AM
Is the TFC II game general admissision? I might try and stand in the south end for that game if I can :drum:

It is, but if they do the same as they did in the past the move everyone to the West stands for the TFC II game

magmadragon
04-28-2018, 08:49 AM

Lower east side stands is what USL is using since it faces the camera. Expect to be moved there.

Carter
04-28-2018, 09:01 AM
Shameless plug...

Game Day!

We’re Back!!!!

RPB Tailgate

You heard it right. Tailgates are back with some sweet eats to match the sweet taste of success as reigning MLS Champs!! Everyone is welcome to attend.

Planned Menu
MLS Cup Champion Tacos
Glenn M’s Ribs!!
Salads
Water & Pop
Snacks

We will be set up in our usual location in the parking lot on the east side of BMO field. (Nunavut Rd.) We hope to see you there!

RPB Tailgate Team

barticusz
04-28-2018, 09:53 AM
Van Der Wiel in his last interview mentioned that he likes the cb role... feels less isolated and more involved in the buildup of play.

Hamilton_Red
04-28-2018, 11:25 AM
This is our 14th competitive game of the season. We walked into Guadalajara with 5 defenders injured...half fit Vazquez and Altidore... and won the game. New players have emerged as genuine talents Osorio - Morgan - Auro Jr - and VdW. While we shouldn't expect a win today given the level of exhaustion - we all know that they can do it. Bradley doesn't tire he seems indestrucible....Giovinco is looking hungry again (his goal in the run of play against Chivas was astonishing)

This is going to be a great season. I wouldn't trade the games against the three Mexican teams for anything - we have moved to a higher level than we ended last season. Teams should thank their stars they played against our Jr teams...they are about get steam rolled now,

oranje boven
04-28-2018, 01:07 PM
This is going to be a great season. I wouldn't trade the games against the three Mexican teams for anything - we have moved to a higher level than we ended last season. Teams should thank their stars they played against our Jr teams...they are about get steam rolled now,

Amen to that....

MightyDM
04-28-2018, 01:15 PM
Looks like the best possible line up out there. We could quibble: Hamilton, for example, or Chapman. But they are clearly playing the best possible lineup to win. Interesting formation too. Wonder if it’s 4-4-1-1 (Bradley as CD, Vasquez under Gio), 4-5-1, or 3-6-1 with Bradley in the 6?

Graeme
04-28-2018, 01:45 PM
Exciting line up! This is the home opener for me! (Have a 2.5 month old at home)

Super
04-28-2018, 02:07 PM
Any streams available?

ag futbol
04-28-2018, 02:21 PM
Yes! Great way to get the league going again.

Show ‘em we’re back!

Jcm144
04-28-2018, 02:23 PM
anyone got a solid stream?

ensco
04-28-2018, 02:25 PM
Party time

Leedsoronto
04-28-2018, 02:28 PM
I am starting to hate video reviews

Super
04-28-2018, 02:31 PM
This one is working for me:
http://myp2p.biz/soccer/bz21c14d-toronto-fc-chicago-fire?l=1676657240

MightyDM
04-28-2018, 02:38 PM
VAR is going to ruin soccer. Takes away the flow, pretends certainty where none exists, and in the case of offside, makes the game unequal because only goals get called back, not wrongly called offsides that stop a goal from happening

Hamilton_Red
04-28-2018, 02:39 PM
This is a statement game from the team. Brilliant display - Vanney is a magician.

Vazquez - Gio - Oso brilliant.

Davenport
04-28-2018, 02:52 PM
FFS. Can someone tell Delgado we're playing in red ? Other than that, all's good. What a save from Bono.

MightyDM
04-28-2018, 02:55 PM
That sequence shows the absurdity of VAR. The schweinstager tackle immediately prior was more of a foul than Morgan's, yet had a huge impact on the play. It will never be reviewed, yet Morgan's was - it's going to destroy the flow and feel of games. Terrible. (And was never a penalty)

Davenport
04-28-2018, 03:01 PM
That sequence shows the absurdity of VAR. The schweinstager tackle immediately prior was more of a foul than Morgan's, yet had a huge impact on the play. It will never be reviewed, yet Morgan's was - it's going to destroy the flow and feel of games. Terrible. (And was never a penalty)

I think it was a penalty. VAR is a joke, human error is part of the game. The linesman on the far side has put his flag away which isn't helping the ref.

General Woolfe
04-28-2018, 03:05 PM
Great response from the Reds to the disappointment of Wednesday. However, this refis shit! He looks a bit like David Brent and is acting like him. He can’t seem to make a decision for himself and goes to VAR for every single major decision

Nice to see Vazquez back and contributing. We missed him in the CCL

Redcoe15
04-28-2018, 03:13 PM
TFC is boss so far this match.

Vasquez is our thorough MVP. This game shows why.

About VAR. Either do it right, or don't do it at all. Those last two reviews were bullshit, and thank bloody God Bono stopped Schweinsteiger's PK, because that was justice for that call on Ashton Morgan in the box.

And Stephen Caldwell can go eat a bag of huge dicks! :mad5:

MightyDM
04-28-2018, 03:31 PM
that handball just outside the box shows why VAR is absurd. A free kick there would be highly influential. Totally arbitrary that it isn't reviewed

portu
04-28-2018, 03:40 PM
For anyone that says our CCL run was indicative of MLS as a whole, I present to you TFC vs Chivas at home and then TFC vs Chicago at home.

Hamilton_Red
04-28-2018, 03:49 PM
Nicolic was offside and interfering wiyj Bono on the goal. schweinsteiger was onside - the VAR got that wrong IMO.

Same with penalty. Nicolic didn’t play the ball he blocked Morgan from playing the ball. Indirect FK for TFc for interference was the right call.

Detroit_TFC
04-28-2018, 03:50 PM
So good to have Vazquez back. My imagination does picture what the CCL final legs would have looked like with him 100% fit.

Hamilton_Red
04-28-2018, 03:51 PM
Looking gassed now. Will have to hold on now.

Ajax TFC
04-28-2018, 03:58 PM
Wtf is Caldwell talking about? Reviewing both the offside call and potential penalty? You can't review a potential penalty on a player that was called offside

portu
04-28-2018, 04:06 PM
For anyone that says our CCL run was indicative of MLS as a whole, I present to you TFC vs Chivas at home and then TFC vs Chicago at home.
Spoke way too soon. But that was a pathetic way to capitulate wasted so many opportunities. With the way we've started the season we're really gonna regret losing that W.

adam1001
04-28-2018, 04:10 PM
And that's the icing on the cake.

Davenport
04-28-2018, 04:12 PM
Nicolic was offside and interfering wiyj Bono on the goal. schweinsteiger was onside - the VAR got that wrong IMO.

Same with penalty. Nicolic didn’t play the ball he blocked Morgan from playing the ball. Indirect FK for TFc for interference was the right call.

I'd like to see their first again.

You're allowed to block a player from the ball, especially if he's behind you. If you're between the ball and the player and the player kicks you, it's a penalty. He got it right.

Not sure what Morgan was doing with that header, looked like he should have cleared it.

Hate to say it, but Chicago deserved a point.

C.Ronaldo
04-28-2018, 04:12 PM
Wow. Fatigue really showing. Vanney with no option but to put out a kid.

Ricketts is really close to losing my love, if he is not putting away games, what is he here for.

notthesun
04-28-2018, 04:13 PM
Just running on fumes at the end, CCL has us totally drained. We would've pumped them for 4 or 5 with more rest, never mind having a healthier squad.

OgtheDim
04-28-2018, 04:14 PM
Team was gassed. Should have had the 3 points but given what's gone on, going to be positive about how good we are compared to the league & move on.

Hamilton_Red
04-28-2018, 04:16 PM
I also think that Gio's goal should have been allowed. The VAR over ruled the lineseman who had a far better view and was n the perfect position. The camera angle that the used to rule offside was worse than the linesman's position. There are some real issues with VAR it will take a while and some training to get it right,

Hamilton_Red
04-28-2018, 04:20 PM
While it is hard to criticize anyone for that performance there were two plays that should have sealed this game for us. First was Ajer with bags of time on his left foot - we know he has a cracking left foot and it was his moment to kill the game. The second was Rickets...through on goal with a decent pass from Gio...he is half as fast as he was when he first cam to TFC. He pulled out of what should have been easy goal. Frankly at this stage I'd be looking to trade him...I'm afraid to say because I really liked his attitude when he first came.

We need to sign an extra CB before the deadline somehow...loan deal maybe?

General Woolfe
04-28-2018, 04:21 PM
Effin hell... how did we conspire to throw that away :mad:

im extremely disappointed by the side today. We get a perfect start only to blow it. It simply isn’t good enough. We deserve better from the payroll we are dishing out. Bez has had a terrible off season with his signings, and needs to move quickly to solve the problems he created.

CCL or not we should have had enough to see that game out with all three points. This is going to be a long hard season if we don’t get ourselves sorted out soon. Aketxe is a bust and needs put down to TFC II until we can move him out. I’m not convinced Auro is anywhere near the same level as Beitashour. Hasler is the better option at right back imo, but even still we’re much weaker at RB than we were last year. We can only hope that when the CB situation clears VDW can make that spot his own. That’s possibly the worst I’ve seen Bradley play for us and I might be more forgiving had he not ballooned that penalty into orbit in midweek but has to shoulder the blame for his part in the equalizer. Up front we need quality back up for Séba and Jozy as there is a massive drop off in quality from them and Ricketts, Hamilton, and Spencer. This is a priority imo before the window closes. We can make all the excuses in the world for today, but we had that game in the bag and let it slip. We’re doing this too often and it has to stop. We are thirteen points off the leaders which is massive in this league, and if we don’t buck our ideas up pronto, we’ll be fighting for a playoff spot let alone a home tie

im absolutely fuming at that collapse. This is not the same TFC that burned all before them last season and I want that TFC back! :mad: :mad: :mad:

Detroit_TFC
04-28-2018, 04:24 PM
Goddamit that's annoying.

ensco
04-28-2018, 04:24 PM
Would it make you feel better if Chicago had led 2-0, and we had come back to tie it? If yes, pretend that is what happened.

We tied, and played well in the first half. It exceeded my expectations.

So. Philly.

portu
04-28-2018, 04:28 PM
While it is hard to criticize anyone for that performance there were two plays that should have sealed this game for us. First was Ajer with bags of time on his left foot - we know he has a cracking left foot and it was his moment to kill the game. The second was Rickets...through on goal with a decent pass from Gio...he is half as fast as he was when he first cam to TFC. He pulled out of what should have been easy goal. Frankly at this stage I'd be looking to trade him...I'm afraid to say because I really liked his attitude when he first came.

We need to sign an extra CB before the deadline somehow...loan deal maybe?
Do we have any TAM left even?

nonc
04-28-2018, 04:30 PM
Vintage TFC clown show in 2nd half

portu
04-28-2018, 04:33 PM
Would it make you feel better if Chicago had led 2-0, and we had come back to tie it? If yes, pretend that is what happened.

We tied, and played well in the first half. It exceeded my expectations.

So. Philly.
On the balance of play, we were vastly superior not only in the first half but also in the second, even though we were gassed. We got way too cute in the second half around the box and the defence became borderline dysfunctional once Hernandez came on, but even then we still had better opportunities. Easily could have had 3 in the second half if we were more clinical. That was nothing like being down 2 nil and coming back, that's an entirely different game state from which to operate and you know that, Ensco.

Hamilton_Red
04-28-2018, 04:35 PM
Guys - chill out seriously. There is no doubt that we have the best team in the MLS. We absolutely destroyed that team then ran out of gas. Several very dubious VAR calls...a couple of misses ...it could of easily been 4 or 5 goals for us.

To say Auro Jr...isn't very good.. I have no idea what you are watching...coz he is night and day better than Beitashour and is young and will improve. That is an insane comment.

Davenport
04-28-2018, 04:39 PM
On the balance of play, we were vastly superior not only in the first half but also in the second, even though we were gassed. We got way too cute in the second half around the box and the defence became borderline dysfunctional once Hernandez came on, but even then we still had better opportunities. Easily could have had 3 in the second half if we were more clinical. That was nothing like being down 2 nil and coming back, that's an entirely different game state from which to operate and you know that, Ensco.

We were not vastly superior in the second half. They had more of the ball, created more chances, and Bono was far busier than their keeper. Did we have a shot on target in the 2nd half ?

Redcoe15
04-28-2018, 04:39 PM
I don't give a fuck that he once played for our side, Alan Gordon is made of douchebag. Period!

General Woolfe
04-28-2018, 04:53 PM
Guys - chill out seriously. There is no doubt that we have the best team in the MLS. We absolutely destroyed that team then ran out of gas. Several very dubious VAR calls...a couple of misses ...it could of easily been 4 or 5 goals for us.

To say Auro Jr...isn't very good.. I have no idea what you are watching...coz he is night and day better than Beitashour and is young and will improve. That is an insane comment.
Have you watched Atlanta or NYCFC this season? If you had I doubt you’d be making the “best team in the league” claim with such authority. Other sides in MLS made serious strides forward in the offseason whilst we allowed ourselves to be distracted by the CCL. IF we had won the trophy on Wednesday fair enough, you could make a case it was worthwhile, but we didn’t, we finished runners up, as losers, and the price has been far too great for merely a good showing. In retrospect Vanney should have been more balanced with his selections in CCL and MLS instead of putting all our eggs in one basket in a trophy that’s nothing more than a bonus. We’re 13 points off the lead in MLS, we might as well kiss the SS goodbye, and will do well to make the playoffs from here let alone guarantee a home tie

Hamilton_Red
04-28-2018, 04:53 PM
Fucking Gordon...plays for a different team every year. Looked like he had won the MLS Cupfinal after that goal...tosshead.

General Woolfe
04-28-2018, 04:56 PM

The insanity in my mind is saying Auro is anywhere close to the consistency of Beta. He might look good going forward (though nine times out of ten his poor decision making leads to nothing) but he ain’t a patch on SB defensively. I doubt we’ll see much of Auro when VDW returns to that spot. Even Hasler offers more imho

Hamilton_Red
04-28-2018, 05:00 PM
Have you watched Atlanta or NYCFC this season? If you had I doubt you’d be making the “best team in the league” claim with such authority. Other sides in MLS made serious strides forward in the offseason whilst we allowed ourselves to be distracted by the CCL. IF we had won the trophy on Wednesday far enough you could make a case it was worthwhile, but we didn’t, we finished runners up, as losers, and the price has been far too great for merely a good showing. In retrospect Vanney should have been more balanced with his selection in CCL and MLS instead of putting all our eggs in one basket in a trophy that’s nothing more than a bonus. We’re 13 points off the lead in MLS, we might as well kiss the SS goodbye, and will do well to make the playoffs from here let alone guarantee a home tie

Nope..not even close. We won the game away in Mexico on Wednesday...lost in penalties. We we weren't distracted at all..we were focussed on the real target. CONCACAF is far superior to the MLS in terms of a challenge. We will be in a playoff spot by June and will be in the hunt for the SS. Really we should be basking in the glow of what this team has done and is poised to continue. Take any other team in the league and pull out 5 defenders and two other starters and you would have a shambles of epic proportions. You do that to TFC and we came a balls hair from winning the CONCACAF Champions League and dominate Chicago a few days later. I am saying this & have been plenty critical of TFC over the years. Now isn't the time.

ag futbol
04-28-2018, 05:02 PM
I think that’s crazy. He’s been solid all the way around. Has the odd defensive lapse but so did beitashour. There is loads of potential there and he’s already contributing.

Honestly people. Ease up on this team a bit while we find our legs. These guys have been run into the ground over the past few months and deserve the benefit of the doubt.

I fully believe we’ll come around in MLS play.

notthesun
04-28-2018, 05:03 PM
Vanney post game mad about the first Chicago goal, saying Nikolic was offside and made a play towards the ball before Schweinsteiger headed it in, and it should've at least been looked at like they did our goals. Honestly, I think he has a point. Seen goals disallowed for less on influencing the play from an offside position (remember Cheyrou's goal away at NYRB last year when they called it back for Edwards stepping out of the way of the shot?).

Hamilton_Red
04-28-2018, 05:04 PM
Frankly..I find Hasler frustrating..he's got a bit of industry about him..but half the player that Auro is. There was no reason for him to be offside on Gio's goal...his mistake to be so close. Over rated IMO.

Hamilton_Red
04-28-2018, 05:06 PM
Vanney post game mad about the first Chicago goal, saying Nikolic was offside and made a play towards the ball before Schweinsteiger headed it in, and it should've at least been looked at like they did our goals. Honestly, I think he has a point. Seen goals disallowed for less on influencing the play from an offside position (remember Cheyrou's goal away at NYRB last year when they called it back for Edwards stepping out of the way of the shot?).

This is absolutely right. That goal should have been called back for sure. Schweinsteiger knew it as well...that why he tried to get he restart so quickly.

OgtheDim
04-28-2018, 05:20 PM
I have watched every team in this league more than 3 times this season.

IMNVHO,

We are the best team.

We currently have 4 CBs out injured. Even then, our defense is better than Atlanta & NYC & LAFC.

We have the strongest midfield in the league.

We have 2 of the best 5 strikers.

We are beat up & tired. We may not be able to get the supporters shield.

But we are going to kill this league for the next 6 months.

Hugh Jazz
04-28-2018, 05:33 PM
I think we'll still be a little shaky for the next little while due to the injuries and CCL but late in the season once defenders get back into the line-up we'll be back to our old selves. We're so deep at midfield and we can be deadly with just Gio or Jozy.

OgtheDim
04-28-2018, 06:07 PM
Hell, I've run out of gas and I'm just watching them. :frown:

Thomas
04-28-2018, 06:16 PM
I’m tired of people beating up on Auro and Ager. Give them a bit of time and they will be indepensable. When VV first started, people were all over him, and it took him some time to acclimitaze to MLS. Further on in the season, I will be the first person to admit Ager is a write off and a bust, but we’re no where there yet.

and it took him some time

Carter
04-28-2018, 06:17 PM

The VAR did look at it and said nothing. What I don’t understand, is how multiple times, the referee went to the VAR, yet only watched 1 replay (the penalty). All other calls were made by the VAR without the referee on the field actually watching the video.

I guess I don’t understand how VAR is to work and how an “official” not on the field can overturn calls on the field without the man calling the match reviewing the incidents himself.

OgtheDim
04-28-2018, 06:24 PM
The VAR did look at it and said nothing. What I don’t understand, is how multiple times, the referee went to the VAR, yet only watched 1 replay (the penalty). All other calls were made by the VAR without the referee on the field actually watching the video.

I guess I don’t understand how VAR is to work and how an “official” not on the field can overturn calls on the field without the man calling the match reviewing the incidents himself.

Agreed.

We were told last year that the middle official would always make the final call - that is no longer happening.

Auzzy
04-28-2018, 06:55 PM
TFC played with WAY more energy than I expected, with almost the same lineup as only 3 days ago in Guadalajara. That was a big positive. Sure they dropped off towards the end, but still had a bunch of chances to put the game away.

As others mentioned -- when you're going to have a VAR orgy like today, Schweinsteiger's goal definitely should have been called back. Nikolić was clearly offside, jumped for the ball, and was only inches away from it. That made it much harder for Bono to anticipate. Schweinsteiger's header was pretty soft, and if Bono only had one player to deal with, there's a chance he could have saved that.

I don't understand why Hasler came off when he did (similar to the game in Guadalajara). He still looked fresh & fit, and was effective both ways. Maybe they monitor activity levels and want to avoid overusing a player. But when Vazquez & Hasler came off at the same time, we totally lost control of the midfield and the ball. Look at the possession stats for the last 15 minutes to confirm that: https://matchcenter.mlssoccer.com/matchcenter/2018-04-28-toronto-fc-vs-chicago-fire/stats

Also Ricketts isn't very effective when Vazquez isn't on the field to put accurate balls over the top. I would have put Chapman on for Vazquez -- Chapman is pretty good at possession and at playing both ways -- and kept Hasler on longer. (Osorio looked more gassed than Hasler towards the end.) Sadly Hernandez still doesn't look mentally and/or physical up-to-speed after the long layoff. He's not the calming influence that he was last year.

paul-collins
04-28-2018, 07:01 PM
Ricketts lost that game when he didn't run into that space when Gio was receiving the ball. He should have had that, all day.

That is his bread and butter. If he's not getting those chances, he's not worth it on the field. Put Hamilton on instead. (And I've been a big Ricketts supporter up until now)

There was too much petulant arm waving in the last 10 minutes. We weren't getting the calls, true, but we needed to defend instead of arguing.

I might have tried Hasler up front in a 4-4-2 instead of the 4-5-1 we ran with.

I like Auro, and I think Akxete is going to work out.

vdW is still playing like a corner back, he lets players cut inside. He's getting better though - I'd have him automatically as part of our 3 in a 3-5-2, and he will be good in a 2-CB setup soon enough (he's decent now).

Osorio is the real thing. Delgado is not (right now).

I'm going to watch the replay to see where the offsides were or weren't. I think I know where the 2nd goal got called off, but I was certain that first Chicago goal was off also. But what do I know, I'm just a fan in the stands...

SoccMan2
04-28-2018, 07:25 PM
I hope the United Bid USA/Canada/Mexico gets the World Cup so that BMO Field gets another upgrade so a lot of the open spaces in the stadium gets seats to bring the capacity over 40000. Hopefully by filling in the open spaces with more stands it will help in shielding that crazy wind in that stadium on days like today. Moreover , it will make this stadium a lot more pleasing to the eye, because BMO fiend ranks pretty low on the stadium front comprare to many in this league expecially with some of the newer ones that are popping up and have popped up in the last few years.

Hamilton_Red
04-28-2018, 07:41 PM
Ricketts lost that game when he didn't run into that space when Gio was receiving the ball. He should have had that, all day.

That is his bread and butter. If he's not getting those chances, he's not worth it on the field. Put Hamilton on instead. (And I've been a big Ricketts supporter up until now)

There was too much petulant arm waving in the last 10 minutes. We weren't getting the calls, true, but we needed to defend instead of arguing.

I might have tried Hasler up front in a 4-4-2 instead of the 4-5-1 we ran with.

I like Auro, and I think Akxete is going to work out.

vdW is still playing like a corner back, he lets players cut inside. He's getting better though - I'd have him automatically as part of our 3 in a 3-5-2, and he will be good in a 2-CB setup soon enough (he's decent now).

Osorio is the real thing. Delgado is not (right now).

I'm going to watch the replay to see where the offsides were or weren't. I think I know where the 2nd goal got called off, but I was certain that first Chicago goal was off also. But what do I know, I'm just a fan in the stands...

Thought Delgado had a poor game and should have been replaced by Chapman. Though would defer to Vanney with regards to rehabilitating his damage psyche for missing the wining goal on Wednesday. If he doesn't keep up with Osorio I could see him being traded at some point. Though to be fair to the lad he was playing Bradley's role and that is a hard ask.

nonc
04-28-2018, 07:43 PM
Auro Jr has been very good since the start of the year, VDV needed a few games to get some confidence but is playing well now. I think Aketxe will come around. I see problems as injuries and some suspect play from TFC vets Moor, Delgado, Ricketts, even the inconsistency of Bono.

nonc
04-28-2018, 07:46 PM
Frankly..I find Hasler frustrating..he's got a bit of industry about him..but half the player that Auro is. There was no reason for him to be offside on Gio's goal...his mistake to be so close. Over rated IMO.

Hasler was amazing against Chivas, TFC were in complete control until he was subbed off for Hamilton.

I also think that Gio's goal should have been allowed. The VAR over ruled the lineseman who had a far better view and was n the perfect position. The camera angle that the used to rule offside was worse than the linesman's position. There are some real issues with VAR it will take a while and some training to get it right,

Agreed I thought this was the worst VAR decision of the day, there were a few..:facepalm:

nonc
04-28-2018, 08:07 PM
http://proreferees.com/uploads/K.TerryJr.jpg
https://img.meutimao.com.br/_upload/arbitro/kevin_terry_jr_l.jpg

This is Kevin Terry Jr the VAR official for today. Good old PRO only recruit the best!

paul-collins
04-28-2018, 08:10 PM

That Chicago goal was offside. No doubt. Not Basta but Nikolic. He made a play for the ball and distracted Bono. This was flagrant.

Hasler was barely offside but it wasn’t an egregious mistake to call it off - just weak. The Basta goal was egregiously wrong though.

I still am angry at Ricketts.

ElvistheEvilScotsman
04-28-2018, 08:25 PM
There needs to be more consistency on what constitutes gets VAR. In Hockey and Football can contest with the risk of losing a time out. Plus it feels like the NHL and NFL you can see all the angles and pretty much agree with the call before it happens except for the gray area ones which ultimately come down to the Referee. Today I felt the two VARs were wrong from the video I saw and most importantly the goal that should have been reviewed wasnt.

Does PRO actually respond to how they interpreted these decisions formally?

Its embarrassing that in this day in age with video replay you'd expect the calls to be right. It seems like its arbitrarily used and not really solving the problem of making sure the game is completely fair.

I dont think we can replicate a challenge system seen in the NHL and NFL but you'd like to think if VAR is used against you you could challenge a call going forward....

Thoughts other than VAR sucks?

Carter
04-28-2018, 08:28 PM
http://proreferees.com/uploads/K.TerryJr.jpg
https://img.meutimao.com.br/_upload/arbitro/kevin_terry_jr_l.jpg

This is Kevin Terry Jr the VAR official for today. Good old PRO only recruit the best!

32 yrs old, grade 3 “pro”, considered a 4th official only in MLS. Never worked a full game in the middle.

Blows my mind still how someone who has never worked a game a full game in the middle, can overturn calls.

burlington Red
04-28-2018, 08:46 PM

Watch the chivas game.

SoccMan2
04-28-2018, 09:32 PM
I know it’s still early and this really is the first game without having to worry about the CCL anymore, however, a lot of teams have improved and seem to be much better than last year, my biggest concern are all these injuries. Mavinga has been hurt for awhile now how much longer before he is 100%? What about Morrow , how many more games? Altidore is a big concern now and add in Moore and of course Haglund too. For this team to go on a run they need all these guys back, but when? How many more games with these makeshift lineups that basically make this team just an average MLS club not last years dominant club. The longer this team goes with these patched up lineups the longer they will go with dropping points they can’t afford to lose and the deeper the hole will get. Therefore let’s hope we can soon get all these guys back or else in no time just making the playoffs will be a struggle. I’m not blaming anyone here I’m just saying that we need all our injured guys back and soon because lineups like today with a few guys playing out of position and missing so many key players ain’t going to get you the 3 points you are going to consistently going to need to start getting, we need these players back and soon.

Auzzy
04-28-2018, 09:36 PM
Some folks seem to not be completely happy with Auro. Remember he's supposed to be our backup RB (and can also play a couple of other positions). GvdW was supposed to be our first-choice RB. Amazing how well we've done considering our whole backline is either "second string" or makeshift replacements.

I hope we get some of our CBs healthy soon. I guess Mavinga will get shut down now for a few months for his surgery? Bradley and GvdW have done fine, but sometimes they've looked a tiny bit off in terms of positioning, or coordination of the whole defense. Not at all a criticism of them; just saying that it really hurts to not have Mavinga, Moor and the others available. Also Hagglund and that whole bunch of tall CBs are missed on corner kicks & free kicks, both in defense & attack.

Prof
04-28-2018, 10:06 PM
Auro was the man of the match. Ager played well and so did Hasler. Not sure what game some were watching? Only week link was Morgan. He's never sure what to do when he gets the ball.

MightyDM
04-29-2018, 07:24 AM
Random thoughts:

VAR will destroy the game. It is no more certain than referees in the first place, and has huge delays and inconsistencies. Let it flow!

Osorio looked gassed near the end

We looked very good most of the game, dominant

Seba should have corner flagged in the 92d minute

Auro looked very good but akexte is still off - gave the ball away all the time in the first half

Hasler was an astute pickup, has been doing very well

VAR needs to be totally reconsidered. It ruined the flow of that game and made things less certain, not more.

Chicago, in the circumstance, deserved the point and of course it was Allan Gordon

OgtheDim
04-29-2018, 07:39 AM
I support the idea of VAR.

The implementation last year was good.

VAR says something needs to be looked at
Ref goes look.
Ref makes the decision.

This year, for some reason, they have given the OK for the VAR to tell the ref that there was a clear and obvious error and you don't need to look at the screen.

i.e. VAR's are making decisions in some cases and in others its the ref.

That's not what we were told was going to happen and its leading to complete inconsistency in application.

Hamilton_Red
04-29-2018, 09:41 AM
Og - you are spot on. the VAR is only looking at the specific incident from specific cameras. The referee and AR's see the whole game the bigger picture. They have to be the onese\ making the decision. For that GIO goal - the VAR ref should have looked at the position of the AR and realized that he couldn't have possibly had a better view. The linesman didn't call it - and was in the absolute best position to judge.

Abou Sky
04-29-2018, 10:24 AM

Ref goes look.
Ref makes the decision.

This year, for some reason, they have given the OK for the VAR to tell the ref that there was a clear and obvious error and you don't need to look at the screen.

That's not what we were told was going to happen and its leading to complete inconsistency in application.

I think that we are going to see changes to VAR, #1 is going to be that it will be a TEAM of VAR refs in a single hub in NYC, not different refs for each game.

As for the game, we dropped the points, it's our bad, next time we need to do better.

And... ALAN FUCKING GORDON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! FFS!!!!

shwade
04-29-2018, 12:58 PM

Dis. We were destroying them and then the fatigue set in - cut them some slack. They've been going HAM for over a month straight now...give them time to respawn.

ensco
04-29-2018, 01:08 PM
I love these guys for showing up at all yesterday. Seriously. That was an impossible situation.

Richard
04-29-2018, 01:24 PM
The gauntlet we just went through in the CCL will make MLS a cakewalk.

Fort York Redcoat
04-29-2018, 01:37 PM
Alan Gordon moved past Seba all-time with that goal.

MightyDM
04-30-2018, 12:06 AM

Ref goes look.
Ref makes the decision.

Og, I generally find that i agree with you, but not on this. VAR pretends a level of precision that never will apply to soccer. We have seen how screwed up it is at the moment . That is exhibit A

exhibit B: why dont they review every play? For example, just before the Chicago striker fouled Morgan in the box (earning a VAR penalty in the process) , Schweinstager made a two footed challenge studs up on Bradley just outside the box. Clearly important and possibly game changing.. What are the substantive reasons why it has been determined that an illegal challenge just just outside the box should not be reviewed, but a potential one three feet closer to the goal should be reviewed?

If you pursue these questions, it becomes very difficult to justify using it at all,\\.

Auzzy
04-30-2018, 07:12 AM
Og, I generally find that i agree with you, but not on this. VAR pretends a level of precision that never will apply to soccer. We have seen how screwed up it is at the moment . That is exhibit A

exhibit B: why dont they review every play? For example, just before the Chicago striker fouled Morgan in the box (earning a VAR penalty in the process) , Schweinstager made a two footed challenge studs up on Bradley just outside the box. Clearly important and possibly game changing.. What are the substantive reasons why it has been determined that an illegal challenge just just outside the box should not be reviewed, but a potential one three feet closer to the goal should be reviewed?

If you pursue these questions, it becomes very difficult to justify using it at all,\\.

A red card decision can actually be reviewed by VAR. I haven't seen the Schweinsteiger challenge in a replay so I don't know how blatant it was. But there also needs to be a break in play for the review.

We're hardly talking about the PK awarded to Chicago based on VAR, because Bono saved it. However what would have happened if Toronto hadn't kicked the ball out, and had maintained possession longer? How far back would they have reviewed that and changed the call?

And in googling about the above, I found this, with quotes from Webb (who was/is in charge of VAR for MLS): https://www.whitecapsfc.com/post/2017/08/03/video-review-coming-mls-saturday-heres-how-it-works

If the VAR alerts the referee to a clear and obvious error or serious missed incident in one of the four categories, then the referee will either accept the VAR’s recommendation and change the call or he will review the play himself on a sideline monitor at the first natural stoppage or when the ball is in a neutral zone.

“We feel the centre referee in most cases should be the one who makes the final decision,” Webb said. ... “I think there’s credibility in the referee taking a look again at the play and making the final judgment on what has or hasn’t happened.”

“If it’s really clearly factual, for example if the ball was two yards out of play before coming back in and there’s a goal scored straight after or if a player was three yards offside, then we don’t advocate the referee on the field going to the pitchside monitor. We feel that would just add time that’s not necessary. But if there’s any element of interpretation needed, and that happens a lot in soccer, then we want the referee to go there and make the final determination.”

Once a review takes place, the final outcome – and decisive camera angle – will be shown on the videoboard in stadium and on the broadcast.

So in reference to Og's points:
- I would say all the VAR decisions on Saturday, going in either direction, were very close. However I believe the ref only went to the monitor once. That contradicts what Webb said above.

- In most of those VAR cases on Saturday, no decisive angles were shown in the broadcast, as far as I can tell in checking the highlights online. (I don't know about ever showing them in the stadium, as is mentioned in the article. Was that ever done, even when VAR was first implemented? I thought they never show controversial plays in the stadium.)

Blkndkr
04-30-2018, 08:58 AM
Went looking for the RPB tailgate on Saturday to sign up (gotta get those member benefits!) but had no luck finding anyone. In fairness, I didn't get to BMO until closer to 2pm. Was the weather a factor?

)
Shameless plug...

Game Day!

We’re Back!!!!

RPB Tailgate

Planned Menu
MLS Cup Champion Tacos
Glenn M’s Ribs!!
Salads
Water & Pop
Snacks

RPB Tailgate Team

ag futbol
04-30-2018, 10:26 AM

I support it to the extent it can be used to get rid of all the handbags / fakery stuff ... but generally agree with the above.

There seemed to be some thought that using video reply negates having a poorly funded and trained group of officials ... it does not.

MLS needs to get past the fact officiating needs to be invested in, heavily.

MightyDM
04-30-2018, 10:27 AM
A red card decision can actually be reviewed by VAR. I haven't seen the Schweinsteiger challenge in a replay so I don't know how blatant it was. But there also needs to be a break in play for the review.

We're hardly talking about the PK awarded to Chicago based on VAR, because Bono saved it. However what would have happened if Toronto hadn't kicked the ball out, and had maintained possession longer? How far back would they have reviewed that and changed the call?

And in googling about the above, I found this, with quotes from Webb (who was/is in charge of VAR for MLS): https://www.whitecapsfc.com/post/2017/08/03/video-review-coming-mls-saturday-heres-how-it-works

So in reference to Og's points:
- I would say all the VAR decisions on Saturday, going in either direction, were very close. However I believe the ref only went to the monitor once. That contradicts what Webb said above.

- In most of those VAR cases on Saturday, no decisive angles were shown in the broadcast, as far as I can tell in checking the highlights online. (I don't know about ever showing them in the stadium, as is mentioned in the article. Was that ever done, even when VAR was first implemented? I thought they never show controversial plays in the stadium.)
This is really interesting stuff.

The schweinstager challenge wasn't a red card offence, I don't think, but it sure looked studs up so could easily have been a foul or a yellow. I am just citing it because it was immediately before the Morgan incident and therefore the lack of call led to a potential goal scoring chance (and the penalty) but wouldn't be reviewed under the current rules. Why not? Because they are keeping circumstances narrow as they know that VAR by its nature interrupts the flow of games and is therefore to be limited to only where it is absolutely necessary. That's why all of these incidents drove me crazy: it wasn't absolutely necessary because none were clear cut. That's why it took a total of ten minutes for the reviews.

Finally, the Morgan penalty for me wasn't - it was arguably a foul on the Chicago guy who put his foot in to prevent Morgan from clearing the ball - Morgan was in mid strike before the Chicago player moved. Last year in a quite similar play a foul was called against Jozy. So at a minimum it isn't clear cut.

C.Ronaldo
04-30-2018, 10:55 AM
if i wanted all this VAR tech, I'd go watch an ea sports tourny.

Keep it simple and just improve, Its not menat o be perfect. add another ref on a screen calling in missed calls to even it out on another play if you must but I have enough tech in my life

similar reasons I dont use McDs kiosks unless i really have to

paul-collins
04-30-2018, 11:02 AM
MLS needs to get past the fact officiating needs to be invested in, heavily.
This.

jazzy
04-30-2018, 04:05 PM
Went looking for the RPB tailgate on Saturday to sign up (gotta get those member benefits!) but had no luck finding anyone. In fairness, I didn't get to BMO until closer to 2pm. Was the weather a factor?

)
It was scheduled 11:30 to 1:30 , but weather wasn’t great AND city grounds security told them to take down their tent . They had a lot of food left over , and the people involved really went out of their way . It usually sets up much earlier before the game .

Auzzy
04-30-2018, 05:54 PM
It was scheduled 11:30 to 1:30 , but weather wasn’t great AND city grounds security told them to take down their tent . They had a lot of food left over , and the people involved really went out of their way . It usually sets up much earlier before the game .

Holy crap that sucks, they had to take down the tent?! Maybe Manning or somebody can put in a word for us next time... I was hoping to go to the tailgate & wouldn't have minded the rain, but my whole weekend was insanely busy so I only made it to the game.

Carter
04-30-2018, 06:13 PM

)

we were there until about 2pm, then we dispersed and went into the stadium, we will be having other tailgates, you can always sign up on the board or at Joes pregame/away games when there isn’t a tailgate.

CoachGT is the Membership team leader, if you wanted to reach out to him if you want to get the process started sooner rather than later. :)

Carter
04-30-2018, 06:16 PM
Holy crap that sucks, they had to take down the tent?! Maybe Manning or somebody can put in a word for us next time... I was hoping to go to the tailgate & wouldn't have minded the rain, but my whole weekend was insanely busy so I only made it to the game.
yeah buddy busted out a “bylaw” infraction of erecting structures on Exhibition Place property, but couldn’t tell me what bylaw it was... I’m in the process of hunting down the bylaws, to see if it actually is true (I know the city of Toronto has one for semi permanent structures, but that doesn’t include tents). He also said they weren’t weighted down properly (so maybe we need some weights) hehe