PDA

View Full Version : CCL Final First Leg - Chivas G @ TFC Tuesday 17 April 8pm- So Bring Your Good Times

Pages : [1] 2

OgtheDim
04-10-2018, 11:35 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3GwjfUFyY6M

After all the years, all the frustrations, all the mess, all that...crap

Its Time. Win or lose, its time to have a good time.

So bring your good times, and your laughter too
We gonna celebrate your party with you

Have at It People

OgtheDim
04-10-2018, 11:42 PM
Tickets in the Account Manager for SSH already

$40 for 221 - no gouging.

azorean
04-10-2018, 11:44 PM
Leafs are off that night, more eyeballs on TFC, hope Raptors are off too.

catz4ever
04-10-2018, 11:46 PM
Just got mine

Kaz
04-10-2018, 11:51 PM
I missed MLS Cup last year... so I better get tickets to this.

I wish it was a week further away so I could prepare better severe Social and General Anxiety is a bitch when you don't have enough time to prep but I don't care if I'm curled in a ball in a corner after I'm going to this game.

Red CB Toronto
04-10-2018, 11:54 PM
Season ticket price is $27 for the south end.

SirBobSaget
04-11-2018, 12:03 AM
Gutted because I'm away for work.

Red CB Toronto
04-11-2018, 12:05 AM
Gutted because I'm away for work.

Fly home early sick ( :

OgtheDim
04-11-2018, 12:07 AM
https://twitter.com/KristianJack/status/983933188610379778

Red CB Toronto
04-11-2018, 12:17 AM
https://twitter.com/KristianJack/status/983933188610379778

Great to hear , so Ben Spencer and JHams up front Saturday.

tfcfans
04-11-2018, 12:43 AM
Section 220 -only $30 - not too bad for the Finals considering the earlier rounds were $27.....tickets are purchased already!

portu
04-11-2018, 12:49 AM
Are tickets already available / when are they available desperate to finally catch a game of consequence given I'm always away during the playoffs.

Also, is it just me or does anybody else feel antsy for Club World Cup. God, that's the big carrot at the end of the stick for me with all this.

If we win we go straight into the quarters to play in the side of the bracket which gets either the AFC or CAF winner or the side of the bracket which plays the host (UAE league champs) or winner of OFC.

molenshtain
04-11-2018, 12:57 AM
The first game of the CWC will be 2-3 days after the MLS cup final, if we're going on the last few years as evidence. Could be quiet something if we win it all again and the immediately jet off to Dubai to play in the CWC.

portu
04-11-2018, 01:14 AM
The first game of the CWC will be 2-3 days after the MLS cup final, if we're going on the last few years as evidence. Could be quiet something if we win it all again and the immediately jet off to Dubai to play in the CWC.
The tournament goes from the 12-22 December this time around and MLS Cup is usually first Saturday/Sunday of December, which this year is December 8th/9th.

The first game, though, is the play-in game between the host team (UAE league champs) and the Oceania champions. In 2017 there were 3 days between the play-in and quarter-final so we'd have about a week or so depending on the date of MLS Cup and of course whether or not we make it that far.

For those interested the two teams currently competing for the UAE title are Al Ain ( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Al_Ain_FC ), featuring Swedish international Marcus Berg, and Al Wahda ( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Al_Wahda_FC ), featuring Hungarian international Balász Dzsudzsák.

Here's a link to the current teams in contention for CWC places (and underneath that section of the wiki article is the tournament format): https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2018_FIFA_Club_World_Cup#Teams_in_contention

OFC, UAE and UEFA are the only associations relatively close to confirming their representative.

FootBallAZ
04-11-2018, 01:42 AM
Smh mine increased in price from $ 148 to $166.

Seems like I'm the only one paying up the nose .

James17930
04-11-2018, 04:43 AM
The tournament goes from the 12-22 December this time around and MLS Cup is usually first Saturday/Sunday of December, which this year is December 8th/9th.

The first game, though, is the play-in game between the host team (UAE league champs) and the Oceania champions. In 2017 there were 3 days between the play-in and quarter-final so we'd have about a week or so depending on the date of MLS Cup and of course whether or not we make it that far.

For those interested the two teams currently competing for the UAE title are Al Ain ( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Al_Ain_FC ), featuring Swedish international Marcus Berg, and Al Wahda ( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Al_Wahda_FC ), featuring Hungarian international Balász Dzsudzsák.

Here's a link to the current teams in contention for CWC places (and underneath that section of the wiki article is the tournament format): https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2018_FIFA_Club_World_Cup#Teams_in_contention

OFC, UAE and UEFA are the only associations relatively close to confirming their representative.

There's a team in Bolivia simply called 'Club The Strongest.' :rofl:

Blindside16
04-11-2018, 04:47 AM
FWIW ESPNFC is reporting leg 2 will be on the 24th in Guadalajara. I am perfectly fine with them fielding TFC2 for the next 2 league games

twistedchinaman
04-11-2018, 05:27 AM
Spent 90% of the game tonight with my face covered with a menu at Newcastle Pub here in Calgary.
Not sure if I can handle another two games of this...I cried when we won the Cup. I'm not sure what I'd do if we won the whole kit and caboodle. Or what I'd do if we don't. We've come so damned far, it'd just be crushing to not see them finally go all the way.

BTW; watch party in Calgary will be at Home & Away on 17 Ave SW. At least for the first leg, anyway.

molenshtain
04-11-2018, 06:03 AM
There's a team in Bolivia simply called 'Club The Strongest.' :rofl:

Not nearly as funny as the Peruvian team called "Deportivo Wanka". Their jerseys are very popular in Britain.

Primavera
04-11-2018, 06:06 AM
Smh mine increased in price from $ 148 to $166.

Seems like I'm the only one paying up the nose .

Per ticket?!?

Lower 111s are $34.00 (Not yet sure what the face value is on those tickets.)

ensco
04-11-2018, 06:37 AM
Times are not yet confirmed. Only dates.

Second leg is Wednesday April 25

https://www.concacafchampionsleague.com/en/article/2018-scotiabank-concacaf-champions-league-final-set

Laiping
04-11-2018, 07:00 AM
Paid for our tickets in #111 for $34.00 each/$68.00 for the pair. Loving it!

FootBallAZ
04-11-2018, 07:00 AM
Both so $83 each . Section 206 row 12 . Almost on center line. I feel like I'm the only on here paying out the ying yang

cmonyoureds
04-11-2018, 07:06 AM
Holy crap this thread exists. Never thought I'd see the day.....
Just. Holy. Crap.

GerMc
04-11-2018, 07:24 AM
Both so $83 each . Section 206 row 12 . Almost on center line. I feel like I'm the only on here paying out the ying yang

I paid $90 per ticket in Section 109...so you are not alone! I am confident it will be well worth it!

Joe Kool
04-11-2018, 07:37 AM
So build a good lead at home. Don't let the Mexican team get an away goal this time. Go to Mexico and play smart and take it home. Sounds like a plan. I think the series all rides on the outcome of this home game so TFC need to bring the pain in the first leg and make Chivas nervous about their home leg.

Richard
04-11-2018, 07:39 AM
Can we get the same referees for the 2nd leg final? Those guys were the 2nd man of the match, they simply laughed off all the bullshit CA tried to pull.

Auzzy
04-11-2018, 08:22 AM
Does anybody know what's up with vdW? I just read through the whole game thread but it wasn't clear. Was he injured last night, or was it a formation change?

paul-collins
04-11-2018, 08:29 AM
Wow. I'm 205 row 11 right beside 206 and mine are only $52 each. Only difference is the smaller seat.

Cas87
04-11-2018, 08:37 AM
Does anybody know what's up with vdW? I just read through the whole game thread but it wasn't clear. Was he injured last night, or was it a formation change?

I haven't seen or heard anything but can only assume a bit of formation change and a bit of rest for him (has been going mad in every game, and with the majority of his experience in Europe probably has not been near that altitude for soccer before).

trane
04-11-2018, 08:42 AM
I love this. This is what I was dreaming of in 2007.

Now we have to stay focused and take it home.

How is Jozy????

trane
04-11-2018, 08:47 AM
We have to take Chivas seriously. They will work hard and be organized and will not make the mistake that America and Tigres to think that they deserve to win just because they from the better league.

I like their Coach he is a serious.

KingLedley
04-11-2018, 09:04 AM
Am I dreaming? Just Woke up and the Finals tix were ready in the SSH portal already???
$40 for 221 - can't imagine being at a Finals match without the rain, wind and a touch of snow anymore. COYR!

Canary10
04-11-2018, 09:08 AM
Am I dreaming? Just Woke up and the Finals tix were ready in the SSH portal already???
$40 for 221 - can't imagine being at a Finals match without the rain, wind and a touch of snow anymore. COYR!

isn't it nice to be in a final and just have your regular seats conveniently there to buy, rather than fighting the whole stadium to sit somewhere near your season seats?

Eastend
04-11-2018, 09:08 AM
After paying for your tickets, anyone else not see them available?

Red CB Toronto
04-11-2018, 09:10 AM
After paying for your tickets, anyone else not see them available?

They are not available yet, will be once the game details are confirmed.

NolbertoS
04-11-2018, 09:52 AM
Not nearly as funny as the Peruvian team called "Deportivo Wanka". Their jerseys are very popular in Britain.

I take offense to that. The Huanca or “Wanka” people were the one of the few tribes in South America to beat the Incas in battle until they were defeated by overwhelming numbers. They helped the Spanish defeat the Incas, because they valued their independence and rhe Spanish left there territory untouched during colonial times and gave them free land to work. The team is a testament to the people, who’s descendants lived in Mid Peru, like myself.

Back to CCL, well its 180 minutes of Canadian and MLS glory for TFC. Would be sweet irony that a Canadian MLS team would go to a CWC where other American teams have failed. Should be a great final.

molenshtain
04-11-2018, 10:01 AM
I take offense to that. The Huanca or “Wanka” people were the one of the few tribes in South America to beat the Incas in battle until they were defeated by overwhelming numbers. They helped the Spanish defeat the Incas, because they valued their independence and rhe Spanish left there territory untouched during colonial times and gave them free land to work. The team is a testament to the people, who’s descendants lived in Mid Peru, like myself.

Back to CCL, well its 180 minutes of Canadian and MLS glory for TFC. Would be sweet irony that a Canadian MLS team would go to a CWC where other American teams have failed. Should be a great final.

I'm aware of the history/origin of the name. I wasn't insinuating the comedy derived from mocking the name of those people, but rather the the fact that there is a team named after a group of people that coincidentally is pronounced the same as a British slang insult for someone who jerks off too much. If you don't see the comedy in that then I don't know what to do for you.

paul-collins
04-11-2018, 10:02 AM
So, any thoughts on how to maintain/improve the altitude performance? Guadelajara is not quite as high as Mexico City but it's still on the threshold of altitude effects (and in fact at about the same elevation as Commerce City Colorado)...

ensco
04-11-2018, 10:06 AM
I am not a member or a mod, so anyone can ignore this .... but I nevertheless declare a ban on CWC discussion until after the both Final legs are done.

There will be many months available to marinate in that, once job is finished.

GingerNinja
04-11-2018, 10:14 AM
Can we get the same referees for the 2nd leg final? Those guys were the 2nd man of the match, they simply laughed off all the bullshit CA tried to pull.

I loved that, at half time when Herrera went over to chat with him and he just laughed.
Amazing.
It also seemed like Club America knew and didn’t even try some of their regular bullshit.

ManUtd4ever
04-11-2018, 10:16 AM
I am not a member or a mod, so anyone can ignore this .... but I nevertheless declare a ban on CWC discussion until after the both Final legs are done.

There will be many months available to marinate in that, once job is finished.

Here, here. Chivas is no slouch, and they've given up only 1 goal in this tournament.

Still a daunting task ahead of us, especially with all the injuries we're contending with.

RedsYNWA
04-11-2018, 10:18 AM
It looks like the weather will be cold as usuall

ensco
04-11-2018, 10:26 AM

:thumbsup:

Lyners
04-11-2018, 11:49 AM
We shouldn't be playing for anything MLS. Remember what we all won last season, and we didn't get one of the CCL spots from them. If we didn't win the Canadian Cup we wouldn't be here. If we don't win it again this year, we don't attend next season. This should be strictly for Canada, showing MLS and the USSF that they should be spreading out fairly their MLS spots to EITHER a US or Canadian team while allowing 1 cup designated so each country has atleast 1 participant. Can't wait for this match and we cannot over estimate Guad... COYR.

Red4ever
04-11-2018, 11:56 AM
wW-ziSuqedc

Hopefully, fewer away fans.

azorean
04-11-2018, 12:14 PM
wW-ziSuqedc

Hopefully, fewer away fans.

They came from as far away as Spanish Harlem and Queens most likely.

OgtheDim
04-11-2018, 12:18 PM
That looks likec crappy non-existent secruity - when the yellow vests finally show up they have no idea what to do.

There will be a lot more Chivas fans up here then what we have seen so far this CCL - that's the nature of CCL. Unlike in Jersey, we will still outnumber them because our 25K SSH base tends to buy more into these games.

molenshtain
04-11-2018, 12:22 PM
Idk. The CA away support seemed to be mostly from Mexico. I think it's likely the incident in the video above is mostly down to poor security at RBA, which they've been know to have. We're pretty good at sectioning off the away section and surrounding away supporters with an overzealous amount of security. It'll be fine.

shwade
04-11-2018, 12:28 PM
Anyone know when tickets will become available on Ticketmaster?

Canary10
04-11-2018, 12:40 PM
Anyone know when tickets will become available on Ticketmaster?

The window for buying season seats ends tomorrow at midnight. Probably will be a short window for buying extra seats for SSH. I'm thinking Friday after noon maybe for general sale?

trane
04-11-2018, 01:09 PM
I am have been sitting in 211, and I have to tell you that for the CL games there have been a significant amount of Mexican supporters in the stands, they are a minority, but it could turn ugly if security is not vamped up. Mixing supporters is just a bad idea, even if it is a small number.

pfk
04-11-2018, 01:17 PM
I am have been sitting in 211, and I have to tell you that for the CL games there have been a significant amount of Mexican supporters in the stands, they are a minority, but it could turn ugly if security is not vamped up. Mixing supporters is just a bad idea, even if it is a small number.

There was a bit of a scuffle in 115 in the last game when a CA fan got into it with supporter. Not sure if he thought it was a good idea to be in the supporter section.

fergiejr
04-11-2018, 01:42 PM
On Friday, April 13th at 12PM you will have the opportunity to purchase additional tickets at a Membership discount for this match. You will receive an email on Friday morning containing your unique presale code prior to your presale time.

So sometime after that.

paul-collins
04-11-2018, 03:25 PM
204 was pretty Mexican for both Tigres and even more so CA. Pretty cool tbh.

Redcoe15
04-11-2018, 03:50 PM
The long range forecast for next Tuesday in T.O. Cloudy with sunny breaks, High: 3C, Low -3C, Wind: 30km W.

CD Guadalajara gon' be shiverin' next week. :devil:

OgtheDim
04-11-2018, 04:01 PM
204 was pretty Mexican for both Tigres and even more so CA. Pretty cool tbh.

Designated away section - probably less plastic then the rave green ones who were up there in December.

jazzy
04-11-2018, 06:12 PM
Thank you for the info amazing history which of course I wasn’t aware of . And if it offends you then it offends you , you don’t have to see the ‘comedy’ in anything . The Incas were fierce so the ‘wanka’ Must of been special .

Valdal
04-11-2018, 07:26 PM
Will we be without Mavinga and Vazquez?

Kaz
04-11-2018, 08:06 PM
On Friday, April 13th at 12PM you will have the opportunity to purchase additional tickets at a Membership discount for this match. You will receive an email on Friday morning containing your unique presale code prior to your presale time.

So sometime after that.

This is BS scalpers are just going to buy up all the damn tickets and regular people will never even get to the 2pm Presale let alone general public.

flatpicker
04-11-2018, 09:25 PM
Anyone else having trouble clicking the "continue" button when trying to purchase their tix in the Account Manager? Nothing is happening. Ticketmaster is taunting me!

ensco
04-12-2018, 06:25 AM
From Larson this morning...

“Chivas Guadalajara players are reportedly up in arms after claiming the club hasn’t paid bonuses and are booking cheap travel plans. Mexican sports outlet RECORD reported Chivas’ players were didn’t appreciate a long layover in Houston during their trip to Red Bull Arena …”

cmonyoureds
04-12-2018, 07:50 AM
This is BS scalpers are just going to buy up all the damn tickets and regular people will never even get to the 2pm Presale let alone general public.

Not sure on that one.
To the supporters and informed fans, this is the biggest game in TFC history.
To the casual, trendy place to be fan, this isn't the MLS Cup final. It's a midweek Tuesday game.
If the scalpers do buy em all up, I'd be tempted to wait till gameday. See if they still have a mitt full of tix and hopefully prices come down.

Nevertheless, my email says my presale is Friday at 2pm.

ronimo
04-12-2018, 08:35 AM
Looks like Chivas will have 2 players suspended for the 1st leg on yellow cards. Their starting goalie and their left back who has started the majority of their games in the tourney.

Kaz
04-12-2018, 10:03 AM
Not sure on that one.
To the supporters and informed fans, this is the biggest game in TFC history.
To the casual, trendy place to be fan, this isn't the MLS Cup final. It's a midweek Tuesday game.
If the scalpers do buy em all up, I'd be tempted to wait till gameday. See if they still have a mitt full of tix and hopefully prices come down.

Nevertheless, my email says my presale is Friday at 2pm.

Mine says that too.. however it seems season ssh who have been able to get tickets since almost the final whistle on Tuesday, they get to buy extra tickets. For the MLS Cup this same thing happened and there was no Presale for non SSH or General Public seats and this game is a big one.

I hope I'm wrong because I don't want to spend stub hub mark ups. I missed MLS Cup last year because I refused to buy from scapling sites (and I've went to the 2010 MLS Cup, very different even but still a Cup game)

If it does sell out before 2pm then there is an issue and it needs to be dealt with.

Canary10
04-12-2018, 10:34 AM
Mine says that too.. however it seems season ssh who have been able to get tickets since almost the final whistle on Tuesday, they get to buy extra tickets. For the MLS Cup this same thing happened and there was no Presale for non SSH or General Public seats and this game is a big one.

I hope I'm wrong because I don't want to spend stub hub mark ups. I missed MLS Cup last year because I refused to buy from scapling sites (and I've went to the 2010 MLS Cup, very different even but still a Cup game)

If it does sell out before 2pm then there is an issue and it needs to be dealt with.

I'm sure ticket availability for the general sale will be better than the 96 tickets available for the Leafs' second playoff game!

Laiping
04-12-2018, 12:03 PM
I just printed our TFC tickets for the CONCACAF finals #111 face value $43.00 paid $36.00 from our Account Manager. :))

notthesun
04-12-2018, 12:26 PM
Per Vanney's conference call today as reported by multiple journos, Mavinga is making progress but it's not a sure thing, sounds like he'll be questionable. Morrow is really close, he'll probably be an option. Vazquez moving along slowly but surely, but needs time. Doubt he'll be able to play at this rate.

VoxPopuliCosmicum
04-12-2018, 01:13 PM
They came from as far away as Spanish Harlem and Queens most likely.

Bad hombres FTW!

ensco
04-12-2018, 02:50 PM
Chivas have put something out on their website that says that the first leg is at 8.15pm, and the second leg is at 9.30pm (all times ET). fwiw

http://www.chivasdecorazon.com.mx/noticias/30204/Listos-los-horarios-de-la-Gran-Final-

OgtheDim
04-12-2018, 04:20 PM
To me, this game is bigger then MLS Cup. We should be selling this game out with people asking each and every SSH if they can score tickets.

Shame its not going to be seen that way.

I would LOVE for this to be a sold out cold night like that game against Montreal.

ensco
04-12-2018, 05:20 PM
Rather than have this get a bit lost in the game threads, I thought I'd put this up stand alone (but if a mod wants it back in the game thread, no complaint)

So who are these guys?

They are owned by a serious billionaire, Jorge Vergara. We used to talk a bit about Vergara in TFC's early days, when Chivas USA were a weird experiment and a topic of conversation. Haven't heard his name much since then, he's big in the movie business (which is why he put a team in LA to begin with), but just to remind, the big controversial thing about the Chivas experiment in MLS was that....

Chivas only play Mexican players. No foreigners. Ever. This is a big deal for them, a major point of pride. Some people love that, for some other people, that stance is out of step with modern life and a major reason to dislike them. There is a Mexican nationalist element to how Chivas see themselves. Sort of like what TFC were trying to do in the beginning by being the "Reds", but multiply by 100 and do it for 100 years. Chivas definitely look down their nose at teams like Tigres and TFC that build with foreign hired guns.

Which makes their choice of Argentine manager Matias Almeyda weird ... especially since Almeyda does not have a lot of prior managerial experience (he managed at River Plate for a year before joining Chivas and .... that's pretty much it. But Almeyda was a star player. For this with longer memories, he played beside Simeone and in front of Zanetti on the 1998 and 2002 Argentine World Cup teams (he was also in front of Pocchetino in 2002 - those teams produced a lot of managerial talent). Notwithstanding his big career, he is probably most famous as a player for getting schooled by 18 year old Michael Owen in the 1998 England-Argentina World Cup game (the one where Beckham got sent off)- he's the DM, #5, in this clip ...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Uz2zdPjUC8

Almeyda had good early success but has been under a lot of pressure lately, because of Chivas' crappy league play this year, but winning the Gran Final might save his job.

Rodolfo Pizarro, their AM, is one of two Guadalajara players that could make the Mexico MNT going to Russia. He has not seen much time with the national team (he played 45 minutes in their last outing v Croatia) but has apparently had a great year at Guadalajara. He cost them $14M in a transfer from Pachuca. That's Pizarro making the interception and doing most of the work on the only goal in the NY tie.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XqGj5R-moiQ

Oswaldo Alanis is the other potential Mex MNT player on Chivas. He has been a longtime fixture but didn't make it off the bench against Croatia or Iceland last month. He has had a bitter contract dispute with Chivas, which is maybe affecting the team (more on that later). Alanis had the rocket FK that turned the tide in the Seattle-Chivas quarterfinal second leg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bq7LeA_0afI

(more to come later)

Alonso
04-12-2018, 05:43 PM
Rather than have this get a bit lost in the game threads, I thought I'd put this up stand alone (but if a mod wants it back in the game thread, no complaint)

So who are these guys?

They are owned by a serious billionaire, Jorge Vergara. We used to talk a bit about Vergara in TFC's early days, when Chivas USA were a weird experiment and a topic of conversation. Haven't heard his name much since then, he's big in the movie business (which is why he put a team in LA to begin with), but just to remind, the big controversial thing about the Chivas experiment in MLS was that....

Chivas only play Mexican players. No foreigners. Ever. This is a big deal for them, a major point of pride. Some people love that, for some other people, that stance is out of step with modern life and a major reason to dislike them. There is a Mexican nationalist element to how Chivas see themselves. Sort of like what TFC were trying to do in the beginning by being the "Reds", but multiply by 100 and do it for 100 years. Chivas definitely look down their nose at teams like Tigres and TFC that build with foreign hired guns.

Which makes their choice of Argentine manager Matias Almeyda weird ... especially since Almeyda does not have a lot of prior managerial experience (he managed at River Plate for a year before joining Chivas and .... that's pretty much it. But Almeyda was a star player. For this with longer memories, he played beside Simeone and in front of Zanetti on the 1998 and 2002 Argentine World Cup teams (he was also in front of Pocchetino in 2002 - those teams produced a lot of managerial talent). Notwithstanding his big career, he is probably most famous as a player for getting schooled by 18 year old Michael Owen in the 1998 England-Argentina World Cup game (the one where Beckham got sent off)- he's the DM, #5, in this clip ...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Uz2zdPjUC8

Almeyda had good early success but has been under a lot of pressure lately, because of Chivas' crappy league play this year, but winning the Gran Final might save his job.

Rodolfo Pizarro, their AM, is one of two Guadalajara players that could make the Mexico MNT going to Russia. He has not seen much time with the national team (he played 45 minutes in their last outing v Croatia) but has apparently had a great year at Guadalajara. He cost them $14M in a transfer from Pachuca. That's Pizarro making the interception and doing most of the work on the only goal in the NY tie.

Oswaldo Alanis is the other potential Mex MNT player on Chivas. He has been a longtime fixture but didn't make it off the bench against Croatia or Iceland last month. He has had a bitter contract dispute with Chivas, which is maybe affecting the team (more on that later). Alanis had the rocket FK that turned the tide in the Seattle-Chivas quarterfinal second leg

(more to come later)

Wow. Thanks for this. That's some serious research you've done... Scouting Report Central!

I had no idea Chivas only play Mexican players. I need to think about that a little bit more and see where I stand on the matter.

Richard
04-12-2018, 06:04 PM
Chivas would make the former USSR proud.

I'm not sure if its admirable but they sure are not not taking the easy route, I guess it depends if the decision is based on xenophobic attitudes or just national pride.

James17930
04-12-2018, 06:28 PM
Chivas would make the former USSR proud.

I'm not sure if its admirable but they sure are not not taking the easy route, I guess it depends if the decision is based on xenophobic attitudes or just national pride.

The latter is often a euphemism for the former (not always, but often).

Personally, I think it's stupid. Like how Bilbao only plays Basque players. Maybe that could work in the past, but the world is different now and such policies are only going to hold teams back.

FootBallAZ
04-12-2018, 07:30 PM
I paid $90 per ticket in Section 109...so you are not alone! I am confident it will be well worth it!

sorry was mistaken section 207 so a bit further last year I was in 205 closer to 206. Seems like these are some what premium tickets. Face value is 105 each paid 83. Feel a bit better .

trane
04-12-2018, 08:05 PM
There was a bit of a scuffle in 115 in the last game when a CA fan got into it with supporter. Not sure if he thought it was a good idea to be in the supporter section.

If they do not start paying attention, there will be a problem one day. Supporters should not mix during matches, the emotions are running to high.

trane
04-12-2018, 08:07 PM
I remember Almeyda, he was a solid defensive mid. From what I remember.

ensco
04-12-2018, 08:08 PM
I remember Almeyda, he was a solid defensive mid. From what I remember.

Definitely. Played for Inter. World class.

Auzzy
04-12-2018, 08:42 PM

(more to come later)

Amazing free kick for sure, but Frei's positioning looked off for me. I think he was standing too far on the near side/wall side of the goal. I know it's different when the kick is that far from the net, but I still think he should have been more on the other side not covered by the wall.

ensco
04-12-2018, 08:46 PM
Amazing free kick for sure, but Frei's positioning looked off for me. I think he was standing too far on the near side/wall side of the goal. I know it's different when the kick is that far from the net, but I still think he should have been more on the other side not covered by the wall.

I have looked at a bunch of Chivas highlights, and one thing I notice is how crazy/loud the atmosphere is there. If Azteca is like the Olympic Stadium in Rome (ie a cavern that is only intimidating when it's full), Akron is like Anfield - tight to the field, and wilder. I think that crowd really messes with things like communication between the visiting GK and his defenders on FKs.

ag futbol
04-12-2018, 08:48 PM
From Larson this morning...

“Chivas Guadalajara players are reportedly up in arms after claiming the club hasn’t paid bonuses and are booking cheap travel plans. Mexican sports outlet RECORD reported Chivas’ players were didn’t appreciate a long layover in Houston during their trip to Red Bull Arena …”

https://www.thestar.com/content/dam/thestar/news/city_hall/2016/06/06/filmores-hotel-flirts-with-historic-designation/filmores.jpg.size.custom.crop.1086x748.jpg

ensco
04-13-2018, 08:01 AM
The more I think about this, the happier I am that we start at home.

I like how the last two series went. I want the lead going into the second leg.

That is our game, playing with the lead, bending not breaking, countering.

Canary10
04-13-2018, 10:53 AM
Is anyone trying to get extra tickets at the noon pre-sale? Anyone have a sense of the demand? Can't imagine it's MLS Cup final like demand, but probably tickets will go fast.

whositwhatnow
04-13-2018, 11:02 AM
@Canary10 going to try to get mine now

RealG-TFC
04-13-2018, 11:04 AM
Chivas play Tijuana tonight and apparently chartered a plane to get here tomorrow.

whositwhatnow
04-13-2018, 11:04 AM
UGH says my code doesnt work

TeeeGO
04-13-2018, 11:08 AM
Anyone have a code I can use?

kodiakTFC
04-13-2018, 11:09 AM
Not working. Too many people I presume.

Canary10
04-13-2018, 11:11 AM
My code works but I'm getting errors when trying to search.

We apologize. We are unable to complete your request on this device.So that you may continue to shop, we recommend using a different device (laptop, phone, tablet, etc.). Using a shared device? Make sure you’re logged into your Ticketmaster account.

Suds
04-13-2018, 11:13 AM
Same .. multiple browsers, change internet connection, incognito ... nothing working

My code works but I'm getting errors when trying to search.

We apologize. We are unable to complete your request on this device.

So that you may continue to shop, we recommend using a different device (laptop, phone, tablet, etc.). Using a shared device? Make sure you’re logged into your Ticketmaster account.

Canary10
04-13-2018, 11:16 AM
Same .. multiple browsers, change internet connection, incognito ... nothing working

Why does Tickermaster suck soooo baaaaaddddllyy.

ryan
04-13-2018, 11:17 AM
I got just fine in but guessing all southend were held back. There was a few in the corners though.

JT Red127
04-13-2018, 11:21 AM
Loads of tickets available...looks like a lot of SSH did not buy before the deadline?

craz11
04-13-2018, 11:26 AM
This is ridiculous.

We apologize. We are unable to complete your request on this device.So that you may continue to shop, we recommend using a different device (laptop, phone, tablet, etc.). Using a shared device? Make sure you’re logged into your Ticketmaster account.

Lyners
04-13-2018, 11:28 AM
Anyone have a code. Mines for 2pm. :) Thanks in advance. Hoping for another cold match, been amazing each match even though it's been S*** weather haha!

catz4ever
04-13-2018, 11:34 AM
It keeps on telling me my code is not valid when I just had tickets

Couchy81
04-13-2018, 11:41 AM
I just called my ticket rep to get tickets due to the error on both IE and Chrome. At work so can't spend all day doing this.

Canary10
04-13-2018, 11:43 AM
I've tried ever browser and ever device I have and still get that error.

craz11
04-13-2018, 11:48 AM
I just called my ticket rep to get tickets due to the error on both IE and Chrome. At work so can't spend all day doing this.

I did the same. What a gong show.

OgtheDim
04-13-2018, 12:17 PM
Funny, I just got in fine.

Canary10
04-13-2018, 12:34 PM
I never got in. Luckily I wasn't desperate for additional seats on top of my two seasons. I really hate Ticketmaster.

Chubbs
04-13-2018, 12:55 PM
Im struggling here. Disregard this post.

C.Ronaldo
04-13-2018, 12:55 PM
Loads of tickets available...looks like a lot of SSH did not buy before the deadline?

1) weather
2) yes, really short turnaround time

Couchy81
04-13-2018, 01:09 PM
1) weather
2) yes, really short turnaround time

Also competing with Raptors.

TeeeGO
04-13-2018, 01:09 PM
Same problems with the 2pm presale

leafsman
04-13-2018, 01:20 PM
There were a lot available when i got some extras for a coworker at noon but now checking the app presale and slim pickings. Wonder if they are holding back or its nearly sold out.

cmonyoureds
04-13-2018, 01:22 PM
"Unable to complete your request"
SORRY BUT I THOUGHT YOUR EXORBITANT FEES WOULD PROVIDE A DECENT ONLINE PURCHASING SYSTEM
*rant over, momentarily

Canary10
04-13-2018, 01:30 PM
"Unable to complete your request"
SORRY BUT I THOUGHT YOUR EXORBITANT FEES WOULD PROVIDE A DECENT ONLINE PURCHASING SYSTEM
*rant over, momentarily

Seriously. They do one thing - sell tickets online. Why are there almost always errors?!!!!!!

RealG-TFC
04-13-2018, 01:41 PM
If I use the mobile site the only tickets I can buy are over 100 dollar. Is anyone else seeing this?

Red CB Toronto
04-13-2018, 01:50 PM
Man I never tried, but feel for people who did and got messed up by TM, ain't technology sometimes beautiful.

C.Ronaldo
04-13-2018, 02:34 PM
Also competing with Raptors.

who? lol

with the leafs tanking raptors price just went up

i will cry if all 3 teams let me down

ensco
04-13-2018, 03:22 PM
i will cry if all 3 teams let me down

TFC just beat the best team in Mexico, then went and beat the next best team in Mexico.

I desperately want them to do this, but no way do I think these guys will ever have "let me down", no matter what happens.

C.Ronaldo
04-13-2018, 03:30 PM
TFC just beat the best team in Mexico, then went and beat the next best team in Mexico.

I desperately want them to do this, but no way do I think these guys will ever have "let me down", no matter what happens.

thanks true, Im passed let me down stage with TFC. But Im so use to eating my cake with ice cream on top now

whositwhatnow
04-13-2018, 03:36 PM
ticketmaster was brutal, i had tickets and when i went to get tickets i got either an error or saying ithey were taken by another fan. you wathc scalpers still got there take, they went pretty fast

ensco
04-13-2018, 03:59 PM

So who are these guys?

Which makes their choice of Argentine manager Matias Almeyda weird ... especially since Almeyda does not have a lot of prior managerial experience (he managed at River Plate for a year before joining Chivas and .... that's pretty much it. But Almeyda was a star player. For this with longer memories, he played beside Simeone and in front of Zanetti on the 1998 and 2002 Argentine World Cup teams (he was also in front of Pocchetino in 2002 - those teams produced a lot of managerial talent).

(more to come later)

So, continuing....

Up front:

Alan Pulido is their main threat, he plays the false 9 in their 4-2-3-1. Pulido was supposed to be the next Carlos Vela but it hasn't happened for him. He has had a tumultuous career. He came up through Tigres and was a massive emerging star at 19 but then got into a huge fight with Tigres and the FMF over his contract. Sat out half a year then signed by a team in Greece who flipped him to Olympiacos. That summer he got kidnapped (!), then right after that got sold to Chivas.
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/may/30/mexican-football-star-alan-pulido-rescued-after-kidnapping

His strike rate at Chivas was outstanding at first, but right now the guy is cold as ice, he has not scored in almost two months.

Their forwards, Godinez and Zaldivar, are unremarkable, and have nowhere near the pedigree of Dominguez, Peralta, Valencia, or Gignac.

The main threat from Chivas comes from midfield.

At the back:

Edgar Hernandez and Jair Peireira, the first choice CB and LB, are both apparently decent players (not allstars though) but both are out of the BMO game (Hernandez on accumulation, Pereira because he got a two game suspension in the first leg against NYRB for grabbing a guy by the throat - https://twitter.com/JogaBonito_USA/status/983127039145373696).

So there will be massive pressure on Carlos Salcido, their 79 year old centre back. (OK. He is only 38.) Salcido is a Mexican legend, he played in three world cups, and the Olympics. (btw Carlos Salcido is not, fortunately, Carlos Salcedo, who I confused him with at first. Salcedo, a current Mex MNT starter at CB, also belongs to Chivas - Salcedo had a cup of coffee a few years ago at RSL, and currently is on loan at (and starts for) Eintracht Frankfurt. I have no idea why Chivas kept Salcido over Salcedo, or why they have two CBs named Carlos Salc*do, but it's good news for us that Salcido and not Salcedo is the guy we'll see Tuesday.)

In goal:

Their starting keeper is out on card accumulation. The back up, this guy, appears to have only played six times in three years.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miguel_Jim%C3%A9nez_Ponce

If I had to guess at what Vanney would like to do Tuesday, it'd be that he'd like to get anyone on Chivas' back line not named Alanis 1v1 vs Gio and/or Altidore. A lot. So I expect our buildup to be more on our left side (ie away from Alanis). Would be great if Morrow were available and 100% for this purpose - if not, Ashtone gets the biggest job of his life Tuesday night. (It would be even sweeter if somehow VV could play left mid. One can dream I guess.)

Bottom line. Need to keep a close eye on Pizarro, the one guy who seems capable of breaking us down solo the way Ibarguen did. Other than that, our strategy is obvious. We need to do exactly what we did in the both first legs against Tigres and America, we go balls to the wall forward, and if we get a goal or two, keep pouring it on.

RedsMan
04-13-2018, 04:09 PM
2-1 first leg at home vs Tigres, then 3-1 first leg at home vs CA, so isn't 4-1 pre-ordained first leg at home vs Chivas? ;)

Alonso
04-13-2018, 05:43 PM

Exactly they've already moved the needle!

But fuck I want them to leave no doubt and finish this miraculous run of play over the course of a year and half!

Initial B
04-13-2018, 07:30 PM
I want to see TFC put Chivas to the sword. 4-0 comb.

Red CB Toronto
04-13-2018, 07:38 PM
I want to see TFC put Chivas to the sword. 4-0 comb.

That would be quite nice to see, lets hope they do it.

SoccMan2
04-13-2018, 08:11 PM
This game should be a sellout, TFC a team that won everything there was to win in 2017 and just beat two very good Mexican teams to get to the CCL Final with a chance to go to the World Club Cup a sellout in a 28000 seat stadium should not even be a discussion. Montreal got over 61000 to their Champions league final in 2015. Montreal in 2009 before they were even in the MLS playing in North America's second tier got over 55000 for a I believe a semifinal Champions League game versus Santos Laguna. So anything but a sellout would be very disappointing for TFC considering its the Champions League final and it's TFC a team that has been on an incredible run since last season, no excuses especially when seeing the kind of attendances that the Impact got in their Champions League runs.

Red18andRed23
04-13-2018, 08:36 PM
Tickets have been SOLD!

Thank you!

Just posted a pair in the ticket trader section if interested!

Cheers!
Jen

Red CB Toronto
04-13-2018, 08:37 PM
This game should be a sellout, TFC a team that won everything there was to win in 2017 and just beat two very good Mexican teams to get to the CCL Final with a chance to go to the World Club Cup a sellout in a 28000 seat stadium should not even be a discussion. Montreal got over 61000 to their Champions league final in 2015. Montreal in 2009 before they were even in the MLS playing in North America's second tier got over 55000 for a I believe a semifinal Champions League game versus Santos Laguna. So anything but a sellout would be very disappointing for TFC considering its the Champions League final and it's TFC a team that has been on an incredible run since last season, no excuses especially when seeing the kind of attendances that the Impact got in their Champions League runs.

With standing room and the new big suite in the southend 30K would be great to see. At least what they got for the MLS Cup.

ensco
04-14-2018, 06:44 AM
Last night Chivas sat absolutely everybody who is playing Tuesday, ex the keeper (the guy needs the work, it's his seventh game in three years), and by doing so gave up whatever hope they had for making the Liguilla. They lost 3-0.

https://mexico.as.com/resultados/futbol/mexico_clausura/2018/directo/regular_a_15_232859/

They have actually been staying in San Diego, they went straight there from NY. Turns out they have had the pleasure of training on astroturf.

http://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/sports/sd-sp-xolos-chivas-0414-story.html

I'm guessing they fly today, and are looking to get a serious day of training in tomorrow. I hope they enjoy the ice storm.
https://www.google.org/publicalerts/alert?aid=2e33870463ddf241&hl=en&gl=CA&source=wweather

0bl1vious
04-14-2018, 10:18 AM
I haven't been following the news, the past little while. Any word if VV will be back for the final?

pfk
04-14-2018, 01:07 PM
The BMO pitch is going to be something else Tuesday given the ice, sleet, snow, and rain we are going to get today and tomorrow. The BMO pitch team have a job on their hands!

The forecast at kick off looks to be 3 degrees (feels like -2) with 10% of light rain.

Red CB Toronto
04-14-2018, 04:03 PM
Looks like the game will be starting after 8:30 pm on Tuesday as TSN been showing today.

PizzaEatingYeti
04-14-2018, 05:05 PM
Because in the Colorado game none of the long time missing Vazquez, Mavinga or Morrow had been given minutes, I have the bad feeling that none of them would play in the first leg more than 25-30 minutes at best.

I'm afraid that sooner or later the accumulation of injuries will catch us in this final.
I mean how long we can play in the tourney without 3 of the best players, to be not bitten in the ass by this?

Hamilton_Red
04-14-2018, 05:13 PM
Worried for Van der Wiel and Jozy. We are in big trouble without them. VdW had an achilles issue didn't he? Any word on either of them.

Morrow has been out too long to walk back in - same as Victor. They are scratches for me onTuesday.

molenshtain
04-14-2018, 05:21 PM
Worried for Van der Wiel and Jozy. We are in big trouble without them. VdW had an achilles issue didn't he? Any word on either of them.

Morrow has been out too long to walk back in - same as Victor. They are scratches for me onTuesday.

Vanney said Jozy will play on tuesday. Haven't seen anything about anyone else.

James17930
04-14-2018, 06:55 PM
I have a sneaking suspicion that most of these guys aren't hurt as seriously as they're letting on. This could be just mind games.

rydermike
04-14-2018, 08:35 PM
I have a sneaking suspicion that most of these guys aren't hurt as seriously as they're letting on. This could be just mind games.

While I'd be inclined to agree, I don't believe they'd risk keeping them out of the Club America game and being eliminated to play mind games against Chivas. You play for the game at hand not the one thats not guaranteed. They didn't play then, even on the bench, definitely serious enough

Redcoe15
04-14-2018, 09:42 PM
Because in the Colorado game none of the long time missing Vazquez, Mavinga or Morrow had been given minutes, I have the bad feeling that none of them would play in the first leg more than 25-30 minutes at best.

I'm afraid that sooner or later the accumulation of injuries will catch us in this final.
I mean how long we can play in the tourney without 3 of the best players, to be not bitten in the ass by this?

TFC...clap, clap, clap... TFC...clap, clap, clap... TFC...clap, clap, clap...

James17930
04-15-2018, 04:34 AM
While I'd be inclined to agree, I don't believe they'd risk keeping them out of the Club America game and being eliminated to play mind games against Chivas. You play for the game at hand not the one thats not guaranteed. They didn't play then, even on the bench, definitely serious enough

Unless they were supremely confident the 2 goal advantage from the first leg was enough.

But I guess it would be slightly too risky.

whositwhatnow
04-15-2018, 08:25 AM
The BMO pitch is going to be something else Tuesday given the ice, sleet, snow, and rain we are going to get today and tomorrow. The BMO pitch team have a job on their hands!

The forecast at kick off looks to be 3 degrees (feels like -2) with 10% of light rain.

They tarp the turf, but seeing the use and beating it has gotten lately it probably will be the same as previous games.

ensco
04-15-2018, 09:03 AM
I haven't been following the news, the past little while. Any word if VV will be back for the final?

Sounds like maybe ... yes?!

http://torontosun.com/sports/soccer/mls/toronto-fc/rapids-top-depleted-toronto-fc-as-reds-turn-attention-to-champions-league-final

rydermike
04-15-2018, 09:19 AM
Sounds like maybe ... yes?!

http://torontosun.com/sports/soccer/mls/toronto-fc/rapids-top-depleted-toronto-fc-as-reds-turn-attention-to-champions-league-final

Greatest sentence in that article

Meanwhile, in Tijuana Friday night, Chivas plotted a lineup that included four prospects whose roster numbers on their backs were 302, 208, 287 and 296.
Video proof https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7TT6Ebp3nTs

pfk
04-15-2018, 09:36 AM
They tarp the turf, but seeing the use and beating it has gotten lately it probably will be the same as previous games.

Oh, I didn’t know that. Thanks for the info.

ensco
04-15-2018, 11:21 AM
I look out the window, and I picture these Chivas guys looking out the window, and what the look on their faces must be...

:tongue::tongue:

RedsYNWA
04-15-2018, 11:48 AM
The bookies have us as the favs at home at even money...TBH we need a win to take down to Mexico. I think Chivas will try to park the bus on Tuesday

Red CB Toronto
04-15-2018, 11:59 AM
I look out the window, and I picture these Chivas guys looking out the window, and what the look on their faces must be...

:tongue::tongue:

Welcome to the Toronto, check out the video one of the Chivas players posted on twitter when landing last night, have to think it was quite the shock to the system.
https://twitter.com/carlossalcido7

OgtheDim
04-15-2018, 12:15 PM
He said it reminded him of Holland. They are not going to like it and our guys should be more used to this but some of these guys have played outside of Mexico.

The field is going to be bumpy crud which will help with their game plan.

Richard
04-15-2018, 12:25 PM
Yeah welcome to the winter wonderland. Remember to drink and stay warm game day. :drinking:

Red CB Toronto
04-15-2018, 05:34 PM
Looking with a keen eye to how the pitch is when Chivas trains on it tomorrow. I assume the cover is on it here with all the snow over it taken earlier today.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Da1nlqAUQAAOZ7b.jpg:large

OgtheDim
04-15-2018, 06:12 PM
If you follow the responses to the tweet that comes from, there's a couple of interesting bits

ground does have in ground heating but it can only do so much
grass to be replaced May 26

ensco
04-15-2018, 10:39 PM
https://twitter.com/drewmoor/status/985596530554892288?s=21

Joe Kool
04-15-2018, 11:44 PM
Ohhh the pitch....what a disaster it will be. This weather we just had and are having plus what is on tap for Monday and Tuesday. No way it makes it through looking anywhere as good as the last game which was terrible. Man oh man. Guess my son’s soccer team has no practice this week either.

Oldtimer
04-16-2018, 07:20 AM
+13 in Guadalajara today.

JT Red127
04-16-2018, 07:27 AM
+13 in Guadalajara today.

+13 at sunrise. Its going to be a high of 32 today. :)

OgtheDim
04-16-2018, 08:14 AM
According to the Toronto Island Forecast

Rain today
Snow tomorrow morning
Rain tomorrow afternoon

3 degrees most of tomorrow feeling like -3

Yuck....

ensco
04-16-2018, 08:28 AM
According to the Toronto Island Forecast

Rain today
Snow tomorrow morning
Rain tomorrow afternoon

3 degrees most of tomorrow feeling like -3

Yuck....

Except for Salcido, who left England 6 years ago, I am not sure any Chivas player has ever seen conditions like this.

For us it’ll be the seventh or eighth game in 18 months in the cold and wet.

Super
04-16-2018, 08:56 AM
Except for Salcido, who left England 6 years ago, I am not sure any Chivas player has ever seen conditions like this.

For us it’ll be the seventh or eighth game in 18 months in the cold and wet.

We've been through 4 1/2 months (!!!) of miserable winter - that should hopefully have acclimatized our players. It should feel pretty brutal for the Chivas players though. No way this is not a huge advantage for us.

OgtheDim
04-16-2018, 10:35 AM
https://twitter.com/plattoli/status/985903322858110976

OgtheDim
04-16-2018, 10:42 AM
Platt follows up saying Mavinga, Altidore & VDW all there for training.

No Vasquez.

No VV tomorrow night it seems.

C.Ronaldo
04-16-2018, 11:08 AM

No Vasquez.

VV hasnt played in a while and with the boys gelling so well, no point introducing him anyways.
Woulda been a nice weapon off the bench though

Richard
04-16-2018, 12:22 PM
I hope Vasquez is alright, lower back injuries are no joke.

whositwhatnow
04-16-2018, 12:25 PM
Just train at the KIA grounds already lol

Richard
04-16-2018, 12:29 PM
You know what this shit weather means right? A big fucking win tomorrow.

We play the best games in these situations.

Red CB Toronto
04-16-2018, 12:33 PM

No Vasquez.

Would have been nice to get VV back, love the role he plays. Was a real game changer for the Reds last season as we all know.

paul-collins
04-16-2018, 12:44 PM
As much as VV was the path from Bradley to the strikers last year, and I want him back, I'm not in a hurry to mess with the pairing of Delgado and Osorio right now in the 3-5-2... Let him heal fully.

OgtheDim
04-16-2018, 12:46 PM
FWIW, maybe being at training not what we think it means

https://twitter.com/joshuakloke/status/985935905310490624

notthesun
04-16-2018, 01:32 PM
Very much doubt Vazquez starts but the others (and VdW) very well could. Mavinga returning would be the biggest boost.

Luanda
04-16-2018, 01:47 PM
Anyone know who are the refs for tomorrow night?

Red CB Toronto
04-16-2018, 02:08 PM
Thank god the game was not scheduled for today with the way the weather is causing havoc around the city. Even tonight’s Blue Jays game is in doubt after falling ice from the CN Tower out a hole in the roof, which is now leaking.

Joe Kool
04-16-2018, 05:29 PM
So I am only seeing this CCL final on RDS right now. How the hell can that be? Am I missing something? We make the final and have to watch it on a French channel? Normally I would be at the stadium but circumstances this time makes that impossible.

Red CB Toronto
04-16-2018, 05:33 PM
So I am only seeing this CCL final on RDS right now. How the hell can that be? Am I missing something? We make the final and have to watch it on a French channel? Normally I would be at the stadium but circumstances this time makes that impossible.

I am not seeing it anywhere either, I thought it was on TSN2. My channel guide shows it as The Brier. Not sure to think.

GerMc
04-16-2018, 05:43 PM
I am not seeing it anywhere either, I thought it was on TSN2. My channel guide shows it as The Brier. Not sure to think.

I see it on TSN2H--channel 407 on Rogers. At 8:30.

Oldtimer
04-16-2018, 07:17 PM
Very much doubt Vazquez starts but the others (and VdW) very well could. Mavinga returning would be the biggest boost.

Vazquez likely playing:

https://www.thestar.com/amp/sports/tfc/2018/04/16/tfc-braces-to-weather-storm-in-champions-league-final-opener.html

Red CB Toronto
04-16-2018, 07:19 PM
Anyone going to pull the fire alarm tonight down at the Royal York Hotel?

cincy
04-16-2018, 07:31 PM
Anyone know if this game will be broadcast in the US ? I’ll be down there tomorrow, can’t find the info

Areathrasher
04-16-2018, 07:36 PM
Anyone know if this game will be broadcast in the US ? I’ll be down there tomorrow, can’t find the info

On actual TV its only on in Spanish on Univision.

In English it'll be on the go.90 app/site

OgtheDim
04-16-2018, 08:26 PM
Anyone going to pull the fire alarm tonight down at the Royal York Hotel?

Maybe whomever did the Fireworks back in December?

Joe Kool
04-16-2018, 09:23 PM

TFC game preview on their website says TSN2 now so I guess that is what it is even though mine also says Brier. I guess that will be updated at some point.

stevep
04-16-2018, 09:52 PM
im trying to print out my tickets, account manager not working
is this happening for anyone else?

shwade
04-16-2018, 10:32 PM
Why didn't they consider the rogers centre? We got so many in there with such a shit squad a few years ago.

portu
04-16-2018, 10:36 PM
Why didn't they consider the rogers centre? We got so many in there with such a shit squad a few years ago.

Honestly hate the idea of the Rogers Centre but when it’s this bad then I don’t know why you don’t at least consider playing there

kodiakTFC
04-16-2018, 11:01 PM
On actual TV its only on in Spanish on Univision.

In English it'll be on the go.90 app/site

I was in AZ for the last game. The go.90 stream is total shit. Go to reddit.com/r/soccerstreams and find a decent stream come game time. Be ready to be upset.

leedsandTFC
04-16-2018, 11:14 PM
olympic stadium is indoors, bit different.

Red CB Toronto
04-16-2018, 11:42 PM

Blue Jays already had a home game there.

Red CB Toronto
04-16-2018, 11:44 PM
Honestly hate the idea of the Rogers Centre but when it’s this bad then I don’t know why you don’t at least consider playing there

Blue Jays have priority and always will have, simple as they, and after the issues on Monday they will be playing only the third double header in Skydome history on Tuesday.

PizzaEatingYeti
04-17-2018, 01:22 AM
I was in AZ for the last game. The go.90 stream is total shit. Go to reddit.com/r/soccerstreams and find a decent stream come game time. Be ready to be upset.

I have the exactly same experience with the go.90 stream, from TFC-s game in Mexico City.
It's such crap, that you should not lose even one minute trying it... otherwise you'll just bang your head on the walls.

Red CB Toronto
04-17-2018, 01:58 AM
I have the exactly same experience with the go.90 stream, from TFC-s game in Mexico City.
It's such crap, that you should not lose even one minute trying it... otherwise you'll just bang your head on the walls.
Totally advocate using a grey area stream for this historic match, don't put it to chance.

Kamp Berg
04-17-2018, 05:49 AM
Totally advocate using a grey area stream for this historic match, don't put it to chance.

What’s a grey area stream?

burlington Red
04-17-2018, 06:17 AM
102.1, just past 7.00 am this morning,host says "great time to be a Toronto sports fan, go leafs, go raptors".We've a pretty big match ourselves tonight mate, would have been nice to have got a mention, as we're actually in a final.Ah well, it's a marathon not a sprint with some of these people, we are doing better but still work to be done with the media.

ensco
04-17-2018, 06:35 AM
^Be careful what you wish for. You want to pay $350 for bad seats at playoff games?

michaeltfc91
04-17-2018, 06:55 AM
102.1, just past 7.00 am this morning,host says "great time to be a Toronto sports fan, go leafs, go raptors".We've a pretty big match ourselves tonight mate, would have been nice to have got a mention, as we're actually in a final.Ah well, it's a marathon not a sprint with some of these people, we are doing better but still work to be done with the media.

Z103... talked a couple mins about the leafs, the raptors game tonight, then oh my we have jays double header today and lastly "Toronto FC plays Guadalajara tonight in the CONCACAF Champions League final at 8pm, did I say that right?" then the girl says "not sure, but it's the last time we will talk about it anyways haha" and they go to a song... So about 6 seconds of TFC talk

Joe Kool
04-17-2018, 07:26 AM
Same on Q107. It was mentioned at the end that they play Chivas but no mention it was a final or anything. They had a replay of a goal that was scored in the Leafs game. Thought that was weird on a radio broadcast. A year ago TFC wouldn’t even have been mentioned but whatever.

OgtheDim
04-17-2018, 07:43 AM
on our field,
in our weather,
with our supporters,

Enuff said

paul-collins
04-17-2018, 07:43 AM
Metro Morning pumped up the game in their sports report.

CBTFC
04-17-2018, 07:47 AM
Despite having tickets for the previous 2 matches against Tigre & Club America, I couldn't make it to the games. Not missing this one though.

I am completely pumped and hyped that we have this weather, and these conditions. Our boys have already been playing in this for months!

Red CB Toronto
04-17-2018, 07:49 AM
With the snow wrapping up around 2 pm, looking like we are in for what should be an ok decent Tuesday evening compared to what the last few days have seen. Looking to forward to just under 12 hours from now.

Amir FC
04-17-2018, 07:52 AM
CP 24, mentioned the game, advertises the game and had a live view (only outside) from BMO field.

My only concern is why TSN 2? I know Raptors are playing but they're mostly popular in GTA so maybe TSN 1 or 5 could show TFC.

Leedsoronto
04-17-2018, 07:55 AM
Breakfast TV also pumped up TFC cup game along with Rapters and some other team with a bird on the badge

RealG-TFC
04-17-2018, 08:28 AM
On the flip side, plenty of media from Mexico covering the game. Looks like they are finally cluing in that the glue that holds this team together is Bradley (~11:50).

lyOnAh5yyZI

Red CB Toronto
04-17-2018, 08:35 AM
Breakfast TV also pumped up TFC cup game along with Rapters and some other team with a bird on the badge

It's a perfect sports day with the Reds in the evening, to kickoff things off hitting up the first game of the Jays double header in the afternoon.

leafsman
04-17-2018, 08:53 AM
why does TSN say 8:30. I thought kickoff is at 8:15?

Red CB Toronto
04-17-2018, 09:20 AM
why does TSN say 8:30. I thought kickoff is at 8:15?

I would not be surprised if that's just a way to get people into the stadium a little earlier, ease up things at the gate as kickoff gets closer.

portu
04-17-2018, 09:33 AM
Really hoping attendance breaks 18k tonight, weather, traffic and jays not helping

C.Ronaldo
04-17-2018, 09:36 AM
I would not be surprised if that's just a way to get people into the stadium a little earlier, ease up things at the gate as kickoff gets closer.

no respect for an old mans bed time :hide:

CBTFC
04-17-2018, 09:41 AM
I'm seeing a few conflicting times as well...but damn is this ever a late start. Latest kickoff time in TFC history?

currystain37
04-17-2018, 09:44 AM
We had 23k against America when it was pouring rain, cold and very windy. I think we will get more than 25k for the final.

peterlopes1979
04-17-2018, 10:09 AM
Last I heard, there will be close to 30,000 tonight

marquis
04-17-2018, 10:11 AM
Just checked ticketmaster, there are only a few resale tickets. There should be a full house tonight (or very close to).

ensco
04-17-2018, 10:17 AM
MLS Extra Time podcast has a very good match preview. Summary:

Guadalajara will not come out to play. That is what got America and Tigres in trouble in Toronto, and Chivas aren't as good anyway. Chivas will bunker, same as they did at NY and at Seattle, and try to create chaos, ie they want a very physical, out of control game, so that yellow cards start flowing. Expect a frustrating, very concacaf game. The key for Chivas, almost the only thing they care about, is to get 2 or 3 of Bradley, Altidore, Gio and Osorio suspended for second leg.

This is why we want VV. He is the key to unlocking the bunker.

Amazing that we still don't know who the ref will be.

El Diego
04-17-2018, 10:28 AM
MLS Extra Time podcast has a very good match preview. Summary:

Guadalajara will not come out to play. That is what got America and Tigres in trouble in Toronto, and Chivas aren't as good anyway. Chivas will bunker, same as they did at NY and at Seattle, and try to create chaos, ie they want a very physical, out of control game, so that yellow cards start flowing. Expect a frustrating, very concacaf game. The key for Chivas, almost the only thing they care about, is to get 2 or 3 of Bradley, Altidore, Gio and Osorio suspended for second leg.

This is why we want VV. He is the key to unlocking the bunker.

Amazing that we still don't know who the ref will be.

I think this prediction is correct on your part, and I think this strategy is correct on Chivas' part. If I were Vanney I would be very worried about the hot headedness of Giovinco and Altidore. Bradley usually is fine in scrums all things considered, but his position is inherently a yellow card magnet. I'm actually shocked he hasn't picked up that second one yet.

Graeme
04-17-2018, 10:39 AM
Here's a random guess for tonight:

----------------------------Bono-----------------------------
--Auro---Van der Wiel------------Mavinga-----Morrow---
-----------------------Bradley------------------------------
--Delgado--------------------------------Osorio-----------
----------------------Vazquez------------------------------
------Giovinco--------------------Altidore-----------------

Bench: Irwin, Moor, Morgan, Hasler, Aketxe, Chapman, Ricketts

James17930
04-17-2018, 10:56 AM

--Auro---Van der Weil------------Mavinga-----Morrow---
----------------------Vasquez------------------------------

Bench: Irwin, Moor, Morgan, Hasler, Axetke, Chapman, Ricketts

No way Moor is getting benched, and I'm not sure if you start Morrow over Morgan at this point; Ashtone has played well and earned his spot, and Morrow is cold right now. I think you stick with Morgan for now and bring Morrow back in for league play.

Captain
04-17-2018, 10:57 AM
Manning was on 1050 this morning and mentioned that the guys have been sleeping in tents that restrict oxygen in order to prepare for playing at altitude. That's crazy!
I wonder if the Chivas guys have been sleeping in ice houses to prepare?:canada:

Captain
04-17-2018, 10:58 AM
Seems that TFC have cancelled their planned rally for tonight due to the weather. Too cold to march but not too cold to play!

Canary10
04-17-2018, 11:15 AM
Manning was on 1050 this morning and mentioned that the guys have been sleeping in tents that restrict oxygen in order to prepare for playing at altitude. That's crazy!
I wonder if the Chivas guys have been sleeping in ice houses to prepare?:canada:

That's actually common for endurance athletes before big events. IT mimics the benefits of training at altitude.

Bluenose13
04-17-2018, 11:23 AM

--Auro---Van der Weil------------Mavinga-----Morrow---
----------------------Vasquez------------------------------

Bench: Irwin, Moor, Morgan, Hasler, Axetke, Chapman, RickettsSexy!

Canary10
04-17-2018, 12:01 PM
I get that this weather is probably a strategic advantage in this match against a Mexican team, but ffs, enough!!

OgtheDim
04-17-2018, 12:17 PM
https://twitter.com/torontofc/status/986288177273950208

They are selling the General Admission tickets now.

notthesun
04-17-2018, 12:18 PM
Just need everyone to show up now.

Alonso
04-17-2018, 12:32 PM
On the flip side, plenty of media from Mexico covering the game. Looks like they are finally cluing in that the glue that holds this team together is Bradley (~11:50).

lyOnAh5yyZI

52% of their viewers think Toronto wins tonight's game.

paul-collins
04-17-2018, 12:46 PM
Just need everyone to show up now.
Fack!

Work tripping me up. Pair in 205. I'll post in the trader thread.

Couchy81
04-17-2018, 12:49 PM
Starting to get the pregame excited/anxious butterflies. I think it is finally starting to sink in what we're on the verge of doing. I am so damn proud of this team. ON TO GLORY! TFC!

azorean
04-17-2018, 12:55 PM

lyOnAh5yyZI

Chivas coach with the platitudes regarding the weather BUT you know deep down he is saying WTF is this ? ! My Players have sangre caliente, haha, we will see later amigo, about to get rocked.

Graeme
04-17-2018, 01:07 PM
Sexy!

That doesn't even include Zavaleta, who is probably starting, Hamilton or Fraser [who looked good in the recent loss (despite being responsible for a goal)] and the injured Hagglund. Also the promising Akinola.

icecoldbeer
04-17-2018, 01:42 PM
I want to see an orange ball tonight!

OgtheDim
04-17-2018, 02:04 PM
Will this afternoon never finish?

charlieocc
04-17-2018, 02:04 PM
Anybody hear anything about fireworks at the Chivas hotel last night?

https://twitter.com/victoria59l/status/986155987672424449

PizzaEatingYeti
04-17-2018, 02:05 PM
About 5 more hours!

:scarf:

ensco
04-17-2018, 02:38 PM
The second biggest game in MLS history.

Canary10
04-17-2018, 02:40 PM
Do I actually see, dare I say it, sunshine?

PizzaEatingYeti
04-17-2018, 02:41 PM
The second biggest game in MLS history.

Yes.
It would be the biggest one, if there would be no 2 legs, but just 1 game.

Yuushalinsky
04-17-2018, 02:42 PM
Ohhhhh boy.

I'm a little concerned about the game time decisions, I hope everyone is good to go. If not, we should be okay, we drew America at home with half of squad 1 but it's still worrying.

Joe Kool
04-17-2018, 02:57 PM
Seems like Mexican media are saying Chivas just needs to defend and not try to go on the offensive too much if my translate tools are working well enough. That sounds about right compared to what we thought they would do. Not going to be an open high pressing game like against America.

Red CB Toronto
04-17-2018, 03:01 PM
Will this afternoon never finish?

About 5 more hours!

:scarf:

I am killing this afternoon chilling at the Jays game, taking it easy before the storm, the calm of sorts.

Auzzy
04-17-2018, 03:03 PM
Anybody hear anything about fireworks at the Chivas hotel last night?

https://twitter.com/victoria59l/status/986155987672424449

Smirk...

azorean
04-17-2018, 03:04 PM
Yes.
It would be the biggest one, if there would be no 2 legs, but just 1 game.

This may very well be the last 2 legged continental championship of note. Europe is a one shot deal now. Copa Libertadores doing same i think next year. I kind of like the 2 legs myself.

Canary10
04-17-2018, 03:07 PM
This may very well be the last 2 legged continental championship of note. Europe is a one shot deal now. Copa Libertadores doing same i think next year. I kind of like the 2 legs myself.

Especially since it's two leg the whole way through. Why change up the final?

Areathrasher
04-17-2018, 03:10 PM
https://twitter.com/plattoli/status/986332171550928896

Couchy81
04-17-2018, 03:10 PM

Except for yellow card accumulation in a finals and away goal rule in a tie etc etc.

azorean
04-17-2018, 03:12 PM
Especially since it's two leg the whole way through. Why change up the final?

yeah, why? has to be money, always comes down to money, BUT would'nt they make more $$ over 2 legs? i'm not sure, maybe they want to make it an EVENT..one shot deal, neutral site, aka SuperBowl, more money that way...not sure. Good question.

OgtheDim
04-17-2018, 03:13 PM
Areathrasher sitting on the twitter like I am ......:)

This ref did a good job in the Tigres game. Done a lot of CONCACAF of late. Good choice.

PizzaEatingYeti
04-17-2018, 03:28 PM
Seems like Mexican media are saying Chivas just needs to defend and not try to go on the offensive too much if my translate tools are working well enough. That sounds about right compared to what we thought they would do. Not going to be an open high pressing game like against America.

Yes, it sounds like we'll see a "Seattle in the last 2 years' MLS finals" reactment from Chivas.
It's just one difference though: They don't have Frei! :party:

OgtheDim
04-17-2018, 04:02 PM
Enjoy the match every body....see you on the flip side.

portu
04-17-2018, 04:08 PM
If our backline is Morrow, Mavinga, Moor, VDW, Auro I think we can pull out a clean sheet and that's got to be the most important thing for me tonight. Next is scoring 2, anything over that with a clean sheet I struggle to see how we don't finish this tie in the first leg.

Areathrasher
04-17-2018, 05:14 PM
Is it 8:15 or 8:30 kick off. I've read conflicting things.

twistedchinaman
04-17-2018, 05:29 PM
https://itunes.apple.com/ca/album/champion/305840673?i=305840976

^ This is keeping my nerves in check rn

Areathrasher
04-17-2018, 05:39 PM
Is it 8:15 or 8:30 kick off. I've read conflicting things.

Just so this isn't lost at the bottom of the last page

Initial B
04-17-2018, 05:41 PM
I'm so nervous about this game. I feel just like before the MLS Cup sitting in the stands, but in front of my TV instead...

I think my TFC PTSD is kicking in from the last 10 years...

Redcoe15
04-17-2018, 05:52 PM
It's felt like winter around here, with freezing temperatures, overcast skies, and flurry activity today.

I hope Chivas is stunned shocked when they have to play in our weather tonight. Huge advantage for TFC! :scarf:

notthesun
04-17-2018, 06:42 PM
https://twitter.com/torontofc/status/986386527574933504

James17930
04-17-2018, 07:01 PM
https://twitter.com/torontofc/status/986386527574933504

Yep, that's basically what I thought it was going to be.

Only a few more minutes!

SirBobSaget
04-17-2018, 07:11 PM
Happy with the lineup especially Mavinga coming back in and Altidore & VDW continuing.

Luanda
04-17-2018, 07:18 PM
Streams?

Not particularly good https://cricfree.cc/channel-7-live-streaming (https://cricfree.cc/channel-7-live-streaming)

James17930
04-17-2018, 07:19 PM
Stream:

http://freezersports.com/mls/mls16.php

JavierMartini
04-17-2018, 07:25 PM
Can't find this game on tsn2 anywhere what the fuck