PDA

View Full Version : Match Day 4 - TFC @ Colorado 14 April Saturday 3pm - Rocky Mountain High

Pages : [1] 2

OgtheDim
04-10-2018, 11:17 PM
https://media.giphy.com/media/axRq8XLrnxgD6/giphy.gif

Have at It People

Red CB Toronto
04-10-2018, 11:24 PM
Will be interesting to see what type of lineup Greg runs on Saturday. Wonder if we may see a TFC2 call up or two on a short term deal.

Ponderosa
04-10-2018, 11:32 PM
Will be interesting to see what type of lineup Greg runs on Saturday. Wonder if we may see a TFC2 call up or two on a short term deal.
Any chance they’d postpone to rest boys for Tuesday?

OgtheDim
04-10-2018, 11:37 PM
More likely they postpone the Houston game that falls between. 3pm in Houston on a Saturday afternoon, and having to wear Earth Day black tops? No thanks.

Red CB Toronto
04-10-2018, 11:38 PM
Any chance they’d postpone to rest boys for Tuesday?

Nope they are flying straight there. Even if the squad was completely healthy you have to sit a bunch of guys, especially with only two days between games.

Red CB Toronto
04-10-2018, 11:41 PM
More likely they postpone the Houston game that falls between. 3pm in Houston on a Saturday afternoon, and having to wear Earth Day black tops? No thanks.

The Dynamo would have to agree to it, wonder if the league would mysteriously offer up say 50k of GAM to make it an easy choice.

molenshtain
04-11-2018, 12:20 AM
I hope they put out a youth team lineup. No one who's going to start on Tuesday should start in this game.

Red CB Toronto
04-11-2018, 12:23 AM
I hope they put out a youth team lineup. No one who's going to start on Tuesday should start in this game.

Maybe even sign MF Julian Dunn on a short term deal who made the trip to Mexico.

molenshtain
04-11-2018, 12:25 AM
Maybe even sign MF Julian Dunn on a short term deal who made the trip to Mexico.

Yup. I wanna see Fraser, Akinola, Irwin, Dunn, Chapman, Hamilton. Whoever else that's interesting from TFC 2 should get a look if that's possible too.

portu
04-11-2018, 12:44 AM
Play scrubs please I beg you Vanney.

Ideal line-up for me: Irwin; Morgan, Hernandez, Zavaleta, Auro; Hasler, Fraser, Chapman, Aketxe; Ricketts, Hamilton

Bench: Patterson-Sewell, Akinola, Spencer and sign some guys from the academy to fill out the bloody bench

Don't even bring Seba, Bradley, VDW, Morrow, Vazquez whomever the fuck is important. Wrap these guys in bubble wrap let them fully recover. The last thing these guys need is another game at altitude. As far as I'm concerned somebody should be tasting their food for them to prevent an upset stomach.

molenshtain
04-11-2018, 12:48 AM

Ideal line-up for me: Irwin; Morgan, Hernandez, Zavaleta, Auro; Hasler, Fraser, Chapman, Aketxe; Ricketts, Hamilton

Bench: Patterson-Sewell, Akinola, Spencer and sign some guys from the academy to fill out the bloody bench

Don't even bring Seba, Bradley, VDW, Morrow, Vazquez whomever the fuck is important. Wrap these guys in bubble wrap let them fully recover. The last thing these guys need is another game at altitude. As far as I'm concerned somebody should be tasting their food for them to prevent an upset stomach.

Unfortunatly we never re-signed Hernandez. No clue why. seems very risky to regularly play 3cb's but only have four total on the roster.

Auzzy
04-11-2018, 01:10 AM
Unfortunatly we never re-signed Hernandez. No clue why. seems very risky to regularly play 3cb's but only have four total on the roster.

They did just re-sign Hernandez in the past day. He flew down to Mexico.

molenshtain
04-11-2018, 01:18 AM
They did just re-sign Hernandez in the past day. He flew down to Mexico.

no way! awesome. Glad he's back.

twistedchinaman
04-11-2018, 05:48 AM
I hope Houston agrees to the move...and yeah, meanwhile, bring in the Second XI for this game.

WE NEED TO WIN CHAMPIONS LEAGUE DAMNIT

C.Ronaldo
04-11-2018, 07:40 AM
They will probably fly and training. With them to stay at the high altitude

paul-collins
04-11-2018, 08:25 AM

Vanney has already said (per Larson) that they are prioritizing the CCL Final over this game, so you (we) will get your wish.

I would say that I would probably consider giving Morrow and Mavinga some sub minutes to test their health, and I think you have to hold Morgan and Auro in reserve for the final, given their form - but otherwise have at it. Not sure who plays for Morgan and Auro though.

Cas87
04-11-2018, 08:33 AM

I feel as though the Hernandez re-signing will happen before Saturday.

I agree with the line up above, with maybe Morrow and Vazquez getting cameos only to get their legs under them (20-30 minutes max).

Red CB Toronto
04-11-2018, 08:38 AM
Vanney has already said (per Larson) that they are prioritizing the CCL Final over this game, so you (we) will get your wish.

I would say that I would probably consider giving Morrow and Mavinga some sub minutes to test their health, and I think you have to hold Morgan and Auro in reserve for the final, given their form - but otherwise have at it. Not sure who plays for Morgan and Auro though.

Everyone is already in Denver or on route.

Areathrasher
04-11-2018, 08:46 AM
I wonder if they can use the hardship rule if they say Morrow, Mavinga, Vazquez, Jozy, VDW can't play Sat.

Red CB Toronto
04-11-2018, 08:48 AM
I wonder if they can use the hardship rule if they say Morrow, Mavinga, Vazquez, Jozy, VDW can't play Sat.

Plus they do have a few roster spots open if they just wanted to sign a TFC2 player or two to an off budget contract.

Red CB Toronto
04-11-2018, 08:55 AM
Anyone heading to Denver for the game, do we need a pregame meet up spot?

notthesun
04-11-2018, 09:16 AM
Brainwash Bradley Clockwork Orange style to convince him to sit out. Pretty much no one expected to start on Tuesday should start here.

-------------------------Irwin-----------------------
-------Zavaleta------Hernandez---------?????----
Hasler----Chapman---Fraser---Aketxe---Morrow
--------------Hamilton------Spencer---------------

Best guess. Zavaleta can play if we expect Mavinga and VdW to return, Morrow in if we give Morgan the start on Tuesday also. 100% start Fraser and Aketxe. I'd rather just start Akinola over Spencer but I know that's probably not gonna happen. Ricketts can come off the bench, we should keep him pretty fresh in case he's needed Tuesday.

Don't think I've ever cared less about an MLS game.

On calling up USL guys, Short Term Agreements are supposed to only be allowed for league games when we have less than 14 available outfield players. I count 16. We'd need to have the league show some leniency.

Oldtimer
04-11-2018, 09:35 AM
I don't see TFC calling up anyone and flying them to Colorado, even if the league allowed it. I fully expect them to play the scrubs, except that Bradley will probably play.

If I was Colorado, I'd be super happy to be playing TFC st their most beatable. However they should not underestimate the depth of this team. They've pulled out results with a B squad before.

PawTar711
04-11-2018, 09:41 AM
Although we won in the CONCACAF Champions league, I think we need to stir the pot a bit going forward in the regular season. I think that we are a good side, and we have the chance to win it all, but we need to do better because our return legs are resulting in ties as opposed to 4-0 wins.

Red CB Toronto
04-11-2018, 10:28 AM
I don't see TFC calling up anyone and flying them to Colorado, even if the league allowed it. I fully expect them to play the scrubs, except that Bradley will probably play.

If I was Colorado, I'd be super happy to be playing TFC st their most beatable. However they should not underestimate the depth of this team. They've pulled out results with a B squad before.
Dunn is already with the team, made the trip to Mexico, so could be in the mix for Saturday.

OgtheDim
04-11-2018, 11:08 AM
This game is a scheduled loss. Playing "guys that need minutes", as Vanney said.

Expect to see a mishmash of Hamilton, Fraser, Chapman, Morrow, Aketxe, Hasler, Irwin, Hernandez & whoever else we can rope in. Would not be suprised if we lose this one 3-1.

Fort York Redcoat
04-11-2018, 11:45 AM
Fun little kickabout. Play the hungry kids and I bet they can get a point.

Canary10
04-11-2018, 12:00 PM
Fun little kickabout. Play the hungry kids and I bet they can get a point.

It's really like a preseason game.

Areathrasher
04-11-2018, 01:49 PM
https://twitter.com/KristianJack/status/984138575867506699

So I guess some players have been sent back to Toronto instead of going to Denver with the rest of the team.

Red CB Toronto
04-11-2018, 02:01 PM
https://twitter.com/KristianJack/status/984138575867506699

So I guess some players have been sent back to Toronto instead of going to Denver with the rest of the team.

It just says it's a flight, was it to Toronto or Denver ?

ensco
04-11-2018, 02:58 PM
It just says it's a flight, was it to Toronto or Denver ?

AC only flies to Toronto, Montreal and Vancouver from Mexico City

There is no nonstop weekday flight between Mexico City and Denver, btw. This has been a very rough stretch. It is theoretically possible that some guys are coming back to Toronto on that flight, and going back to Denver tomorrow. It's not like anyone is seriously practicing today or tomorrow, and while it's three hours extra flying, vs changing in Dallas or something, you get to sleep in your own bed for a night.

I know lots of people that might do that in the middle of a gruelling 10 day business trip.

Red CB Toronto
04-11-2018, 03:03 PM
AC only flies to Toronto, Montreal and Vancouver from Mexico City

There is no nonstop weekday flight between Mexico City and Denver, btw

Overlooked the AC part, makes sense now. Air Canada would not even be allowed to do a Mexico City Denver flight.

Red CB Toronto
04-12-2018, 08:48 AM

As per Kurt’s article expect to see a few TFCII signings , which makes sense.

69Chevy396
04-12-2018, 09:12 AM
As per Kurt’s article expect to see a few TFCII signings , which makes sense.
When will Vanney provide injury status updates? That, in my opinion, will determine everything

Graeme
04-12-2018, 09:18 AM
When will Vanney provide injury status updates? That, in my opinion, will determine everything

This is in Larson's article (in addition to some comments on the severity of some injuries):

"Jozy Altidore (foot), Victor Vazquez (back), Chris Mavinga (lower body), Gregory van der Wiel (Achilles), Justin Morrow (calf), Jonathan Osorio (fatigue), Auro (fatigue), Sebastian Giovinco (fatigue), Alex Bono (fatigue) and Marky Delgado (fatigue) all could miss this weekend’s Mile High fixture, leaving general manager Tim Bezbatchenko no choice but to add players."

Red CB Toronto
04-12-2018, 09:25 AM
This is in Larson's article (in addition to some comments on the severity of some injuries):

"Jozy Altidore (foot), Victor Vazquez (back), Chris Mavinga (lower body), Gregory van der Wiel (Achilles), Justin Morrow (calf), Jonathan Osorio (fatigue), Auro (fatigue), Sebastian Giovinco (fatigue), Alex Bono (fatigue) and Marky Delgado (fatigue) all could miss this weekend’s Mile High fixture, leaving general manager Tim Bezbatchenko no choice but to add players."

I am not expecting anyone who started at CA to play this weekend. It simply makes no sense with a huge game just three days later.

Areathrasher
04-12-2018, 09:31 AM
https://twitter.com/plattoli/status/984430750450663424

Fill out the rest of the line up....

C.Ronaldo
04-12-2018, 09:32 AM

MB would never allow a statement like fatigued

Mike_S
04-12-2018, 09:46 AM
Wait, they're not flying charter? Aren't CCL matches exempt from that silly charter rule? I'm hoping only some of the team members are on that flight and the majority flew directly to Denver via charter...

Super
04-12-2018, 09:56 AM
CCL > MLS for the next couple of weeks. When the CCL is over and done with we can focus on the MLS again. I'm fine with fielding a B side on Saturday for that reason.

Cas87
04-12-2018, 09:56 AM
https://twitter.com/plattoli/status/984430750450663424

Fill out the rest of the line up....

4-3-3

Irwin
Hasler - Hernandez* - Dunn (TFC2) - Kubel (TFC2)
Ager - Fraser - Chapman (Ager and Chappy more foward)
Akinola - Tosaint - Hamilton

* if signing isn't done would love to see Lars Eckenrode or Aikim Andrews up instead.
Patterson-Sewell, Spencer, Hundaal (TFC2), Bradley, Seba, Oso, Delgado (could also have Auro on bench)

C.Ronaldo
04-12-2018, 09:58 AM
4-3-3

Irwin
Hasler - Hernandez* - Dunn (TFC2) - Kubel (TFC2)
Ager - Fraser - Chapman (Ager and Chappy more foward)
Akinola - Tosaint - Hamilton

* if signing isn't done would love to see Lars Eckenrode or Aikim Andrews up instead.
Patterson-Sewell, Spencer, Hundaal (TFC2), Bradley, Seba, Oso, Delgado (could also have Auro on bench)

whipping boy is back

theaub
04-12-2018, 10:28 AM
Wait, they're not flying charter? Aren't CCL matches exempt from that silly charter rule? I'm hoping only some of the team members are on that flight and the majority flew directly to Denver via charter...

I would think it would be the other way around. You probably aren't allowed to fly via charter to Colorado since its a MLS game, but can fly charter to anywhere else.

Canary10
04-12-2018, 10:31 AM
I'd really like to see Akinola. Haven't seen him play yet.

C.Ronaldo
04-12-2018, 11:23 AM
I'd really like to see Akinola. Haven't seen him play yet.

hoping to see chapman and hamilton link up

Canary10
04-12-2018, 12:56 PM
I really, really, really want Vanney or whoever ends up coaching us on Saturday to say we are playing the kids because this is like a pre-season game to us.

OgtheDim
04-12-2018, 01:06 PM
Just a note on the "playing the kids" thing.

TFC has asked for the game off that is between the CCL matches. The team wants to fly down to Mexico early again, like it did for the other matches.

The Houston game is on the Saturday afternoon - in Houston - and we would be playing in one off Earth Day jerseys that happen to be all black.

Houston & MLS may not agree to this. TFC has indicated that if that game in Houston goes ahead, the USL team would get a mass call up & TFC would send an assistant coach.

YYZ_Fan
04-12-2018, 01:45 PM

TFC has asked for the game off that is between the CCL matches. The team wants to fly down to Mexico early again, like it did for the other matches.

The Houston game is on the Saturday afternoon - in Houston - and we would be playing in one off Earth Day jerseys that happen to be all black.

Houston & MLS may not agree to this. TFC has indicated that if that game in Houston goes ahead, the USL team would get a mass call up & TFC would send an assistant coach.

Chivas are scheduled to play in El Clásico Tapatío between CCL Games. Any word if they will move that one?

Red CB Toronto
04-12-2018, 01:47 PM

Would the league not have to approve a mass call up of players from TFCII along the lines of the CSA approval they got in 2010 with the academy players vs Vancouver?

Oldtimer
04-12-2018, 02:08 PM
Would the league not have to approve a mass call up of players from TFCII along the lines of the CSA approval they got in 2010 with the academy players vs Vancouver?

Yes, but if they've turned down moving the game they will approve a call up. They want TFC to win the CCL.

Canary10
04-12-2018, 02:14 PM
Maybe we can send an all-star team of TFC players from the years 2007-2014?

Cas87
04-12-2018, 02:25 PM
Maybe we can send an all-star team of TFC players from the years 2007-2014?

Dig into the media, and former media as well?

Craig Forrest in goal (Greg Sutton back-up)
Adrian Cann, Jim Brennan, Jason Devos in the back 3
Terry Dunfield, Benoit Cheyrou in Midfield
De Rosario, Dichio up top

Pretty good start.

Red CB Toronto
04-12-2018, 02:38 PM
Yes, but if they've turned down moving the game they will approve a call up. They want TFC to win the CCL.

But that has to be clear cut from the league , don't need any bs. But at the end of the day this in Houston's hands and based on Vanney's comments why would they agree to a move when they know they will get a much easier match if they don't.

ensco
04-12-2018, 03:10 PM
Our DCU game move was done with 16 days notice. The ticket fallout/situation (there will always be hundreds of people inconvenienced by moves like this) was ours to manage, and our fans were inclined to be sympathetic.

But this Houston game is a road game, and it's only 9 days away. Plus Houston has already done its bit - their NYRB game last Saturday was moved to August.

In my opinion it's really unfair to Houston and their fans, if the league were to allow us to move the April 21 game. I wouldn't support that, as a neutral.

Just get the league to let TFC play the kids, and drive on.

C.Ronaldo
04-12-2018, 03:20 PM
Our DCU game move was done with 16 days notice. The ticket fallout/situation (there will always be hundreds of people inconvenienced by moves like this) was ours to manage, and our fans were inclined to be sympathetic.

But this Houston game is a road game, and it's only 9 days away. Plus Houston has already done its bit - their NYRB game last Saturday was moved to August.

In my opinion it's really unfair to Houston and their fans, if the league were to allow us to move the April 21 game. I wouldn't support that, as a neutral.

Just get the league to let TFC play the kids, and drive on.

not sure houston fans care to watch USL players in TFCs place either

ensco
04-12-2018, 03:22 PM
not sure houston fans care to watch USL players in TFCs place either

They'd probably prefer that. They'll figure they can win.

Let me slightly restate. What I am saying is that it should be their 100% call.

portu
04-12-2018, 03:35 PM
Bradley is in Denver right now.
https://www.sportsnet.ca/soccer/michael-bradley-toronto-fc-mls-major-league-soccer-club-america-concacaf-champions-league/

notthesun
04-12-2018, 06:00 PM
https://www.sportsnet.ca/soccer/michael-bradley-toronto-fc-mls-major-league-soccer-club-america-concacaf-champions-league/

His drive to compete and succeed is unmatched and worthy of respect... but for fuck's sake please sit this one out

InDa_110
04-12-2018, 07:02 PM
I have never cared less about a league game since since 2012

Red CB Toronto
04-12-2018, 09:15 PM
His drive to compete and succeed is unmatched and worthy of respect... but for fuck's sake please sit this one out

He is the captain and is non-stop. They would have to tie him up, knock him out to keep him off the pitch. It's just his makeup.

Shway
04-12-2018, 11:48 PM
My lineup prediction based on the injury report:
https://imgur.com/JrBHhsH

https://i.imgur.com/OhVQnzr.png or https://i.imgur.com/wlsedcS.png

Bench:https://www.buildlineup.com/shared/5ad0326d138c092e24ab1c64
Akinola, Patterson-Sewell, Fraser, Spencer, Dunn/Bjornethun, Telfer, Uccellohttps://www.buildlineup.com/shared/5ad0326d138c092e24ab1c64

James17930
04-13-2018, 04:07 AM
^I think we can still win with that team.

Derko
04-13-2018, 06:05 AM

Then why are you here, just asking the obvious question?

Red CB Toronto
04-13-2018, 06:16 AM

I agree, I have supported and loved this team from day one, regardless of who took the pitch. Looking forward to Saturday.

ensco
04-13-2018, 06:32 AM
Really? A guy saying he doesn’t “care” about Saturday needs to be discussed as some litmus test of fandom?

I am with him - I don’t care either. I hope we win, but I expect every decision made to be in the interest of the CL Final, and you won’t hear a peep from me if we lose all three of our next league games.

burlington Red
04-13-2018, 06:57 AM
Obviously there'll be a lot of changes for this game. I'd like to see Jeremy Brockie get a start up front.

TheGoodson
04-13-2018, 07:27 AM

The more important game is Tuesday and then the following Wednesday... Any MLS match between when we knocked out America till the end of CL is irrelevant. Bring up all of TFC II, call whoever. This season is 6 plus months long, we don't need to win the SS again we will make the playoffs and then lay everyone a beating...

All the motivation/energy and focus is on CL, TFC will cement their status as greatest team ever with the CL trophy period.

Hamilton_Red
04-13-2018, 08:04 AM
As much as I feel the SS is the most important trophy aside from fhe ConCACAF CL...it would be nice to play the MLS Cup final somewhere warm in December.

Red CB Toronto
04-13-2018, 08:12 AM
Really? A guy saying he doesn’t “care” about Saturday needs to be discussed as some litmus test of fandom?

I am with him - I don’t care either. I hope we win, but I expect every decision made to be in the interest of the CL Final, and you won’t hear a peep from me if we lose all three of our next league games.

It's not about caring more than I like to see our young players here and there when the opportunity arises which it has with the next two Saturdays , that's all.

barticusz
04-13-2018, 08:34 AM
I'm actually even more excited about these two next league games as it really forces us to change our lineup. Can't wait to see some of the bench guys get game time. Hoping to see Akinola get playing time too.

paul-collins
04-13-2018, 08:44 AM

TBH I'd hope all starters are in Colorado. The longer they're at elevation the better for game 2 of the CCL Final.

Not playing the game, but resting / recovering / training.

Joe Kool
04-13-2018, 08:56 AM
My lineup prediction based on the injury report:

https://i.imgur.com/OhVQnzr.png or https://i.imgur.com/wlsedcS.png

Bench:https://www.buildlineup.com/shared/5ad0326d138c092e24ab1c64
Akinola, Patterson-Sewell, Fraser, Spencer, Dunn/Bjornethun, Telfer, Uccellohttps://www.buildlineup.com/shared/5ad0326d138c092e24ab1c64

I don't think Moor will be playing due to age and need for recovery. Pretty sure I read somewhere he was on the list of guys that TFC said were pretty burnt out after Azteca. Hernandez and Zavaleta in the middle in a 4-4-2 I think. I don't think they will go with 3 CB's unless Mavinga is feeling better and needs some game time ahead of Tuesday. Same with Morrow, if he is ok and needs some game time he could also play CB if needed and they could switch to 3 CB's at the back.

Hamilton_Red
04-13-2018, 09:00 AM
I wouldn't play Moor or likely Zavaletta they need to fully rested for Tuesday.

For the players that are possibly coming back from injury but now have missed a few games...they are going to need to prove fitness. If Morrow and Mavinga are in contention for Tuesday. I'd have them on the bench on Saturday and bring them on for 30 minutes regardless of the score.

I'd likely do the same for Jozy. Little has been said about his injury and sub against CA. He was injured in in the warm-ups but started anyway. That was wreck-less and could have cost us. To be forced into a sub in the first 5 minutes and to lose the extra legs late in the game...or an injury time wasting sub that would have avoided the penalty wasn't good. He needs to really prove fitness if he is in contention for Tuesday. Again bench & maybe a run-out in the last 20 minutes.

Red CB Toronto
04-13-2018, 09:37 AM
I wouldn't play Moor or likely Zavaletta they need to fully rested for Tuesday.

For the players that are possibly coming back from injury but now have missed a few games...they are going to need to prove fitness. If Morrow and Mavinga are in contention for Tuesday. I'd have them on the bench on Saturday and bring them on for 30 minutes regardless of the score.

I'd likely do the same for Jozy. Little has been said about his injury and sub against CA. He was injured in in the warm-ups but started anyway. That was wreck-less and could have cost us. To be forced into a sub in the first 5 minutes and to lose the extra legs late in the game...or an injury time wasting sub that would have avoided the penalty wasn't good. He needs to really prove fitness if he is in contention for Tuesday. Again bench & maybe a run-out in the last 20 minutes.

Jozy is in Toronto.

InDa_110
04-13-2018, 09:41 AM
Originally Posted by Derko http://forums.redpatchboys.ca/images/styles/AnimatedArena/buttons/viewpost-right.png (http://forums.redpatchboys.ca/showthread.php?p=1868871#post1868871) Then why are you here, just asking the obvious question?

Hmmm.... Let me think about an obvious answer to your "obvious question"........hmmmm..

Oh yeah!!! Holy crap I almost forgot!!
We are playing in arguably the biggest game in club history on Tuesday night, and unarguably a top 3 game in Club history, so my mojo ain't cranking for Saturday's league match the way it normally does seeing the magnitude of the game 72 hours later, and I am left feeling as disinterested about Saturday's league game as I was since 2012..
ie. win=that's nice, tie=meh, loss = who really cares.

Why am I on this board? Because I have been for almost 10 years.

Why am I on this specific thread? General boredom at home or work, mild curiosity.

Is watching bench players going to be interesting...sure
Watching young guys start going to be intriguing...perhaps
But in the overall scheme of things win, lose or draw, it makes no difference.

I hope I provided a satisfactory answer somewhere in this post.

warmest regards,

Shway
04-13-2018, 09:57 AM
I don't think Moor will be playing due to age and need for recovery. Pretty sure I read somewhere he was on the list of guys that TFC said were pretty burnt out after Azteca. Hernandez and Zavaleta in the middle in a 4-4-2 I think. I don't think they will go with 3 CB's unless Mavinga is feeling better and needs some game time ahead of Tuesday. Same with Morrow, if he is ok and needs some game time he could also play CB if needed and they could switch to 3 CB's at the back.

(P. S. I didn't want to go full waking the red with my lineup.)

It was the Sun article, but I didn't see Moor mentioned.

My only thing is that if Morrow and Mavinga are questionable, I don't think Vanney would want to risk them, especially with GvW, Morgan, Auro all recovering from something.

Really I'm waiting to see who gets called up.

Detroit_TFC
04-13-2018, 10:03 AM
The circumstances around this game (CCL and injuries) are dictating what happens, no point in anybody getting bent out of shape. In fact it will be good for the young or marginal players to get some minutes.

C.Ronaldo
04-13-2018, 10:04 AM

he might want the run out

but a light job on the treadmill would be the safer option.

scratch that, he should be on the bike. low impact please.

C.Ronaldo
04-13-2018, 10:06 AM
im actually probably more interested now that we will see the youngsters have a run out

I dont expect any points, but it would be nice to see them compete and hold their own

C.Ronaldo
04-13-2018, 10:07 AM
is cheyrou allowed to play?

Canary10
04-13-2018, 10:15 AM
Funny that everyone is saying play the scrubs, and we have a guy like Aketxe in everyone's scrub line-up!

C.Ronaldo
04-13-2018, 10:30 AM
Funny that everyone is saying play the scrubs, and we have a guy like Aketxe in everyone's scrub line-up!
and our scrub keeper

Joe Kool
04-13-2018, 12:40 PM
is cheyrou allowed to play?

Do one of those one game contracts? Rick Titus I think was the guy's name last time right? Haha

OgtheDim
04-13-2018, 01:02 PM
I care but if we lose the next two games away to Western opponents, I'm not going to freak out.

Lose at home to Chicago after the CCL? Not happy. Fire at home is 3 points other teams are going to take.

ensco
04-13-2018, 01:19 PM
I care but if we lose the next two games away to Western opponents, I'm not going to freak out.

Lose at home to Chicago after the CCL? Not happy. Fire at home is 3 points other teams are going to take.

We will have played the second leg of the most massive championship in world history late on the Wednesday night in a place that is a 6 hour flight from here.

How do you think we are going to look 60 hours later, on Saturday afternoon?

(It would be nice if Chicago would let us play that game on Sunday.)

Areathrasher
04-13-2018, 02:55 PM
Toronto FC announced Friday that the club has signed midfielder Aidan Daniels, defender Julian Dunn and midfielder/forward Ryan Telfer. Daniels and Dunn become the 17th and 18th Homegrown players to sign first team deals from the Academy. In addition, they become the fifth and sixth players to complete the full player pathway designed at Toronto FC.

Telfer played some wingback for TFC II, yea?

ScarboroughRed
04-13-2018, 03:01 PM
Gonna get wacky with this...

4-2-3-1

Irwin
Kubel (TFC2) - Hernandez - Zavaleta - Bjornethun (TFC2)
Bradley - Fraser
Hasler - Aketxe - Chapman
Hamilton

Bench: :noidea:
Mavinga, Vazquez, Morrow (if healthy to give them a run out) Ricketts, Patterson-Sewell, Akinola

This is 100% not likely though lol

SilverSamurai
04-13-2018, 05:42 PM
Look guys. I found the subs for Saturdays game.
http://fmicfr.ca/wp-content/uploads/TC218.jpg

Luanda
04-13-2018, 05:49 PM
Gonna get wacky with this...

4-2-3-1

Irwin
Kubel (TFC2) - Hernandez - Zavaleta - Bjornethun (TFC2)
Bradley - Fraser
Hasler - Aketxe - Chapman
Hamilton

Bench: :noidea:
Mavinga, Vazquez, Morrow (if healthy to give them a run out) Ricketts, Patterson-Sewell, Akinola

This is 100% not likely though lol

NO Bradley, no Zavaleta please for tomorrow.
[Edit] Ricketts YES

notthesun
04-13-2018, 06:12 PM
Telfer played some wingback for TFC II, yea?

Yup.

Derko
04-13-2018, 06:41 PM

Ensco, it is not that you or him 'care' about Saturday's game, it is the comment that he hasn't cared about a league game since 2012, whereas you have cared about many league games. I just felt the comment was a bit odd. It's got nothing to do with, as you most eloquently put it, 'a litmus test of fandom', I am not really bothered whether we lose the next few league games also, yes TFC put all the effort into the CCL. Just seemed an odd comment. Maybe I was lost in the translation :noidea:

Red CB Toronto
04-13-2018, 07:21 PM
Ensco, it is not that you or him 'care' about Saturday's game, it is the comment that he hasn't cared about a league game since 2012, whereas you have cared about many league games. I just felt the comment was a bit odd. It's got nothing to do with, as you most eloquently put it, 'a litmus test of fandom', I am not really bothered whether we lose the next few league games also, yes TFC put all the effort into the CCL. Just seemed an odd comment. Maybe I was lost in the translation :noidea:

Now that we are likely going to see a bunch of kids I am looking forward to seeing the match and how they do.

ensco
04-13-2018, 07:27 PM
^All good. I dunno what I am doing policing here anyway, it was an ambiguous comment, everyone can take care of themselves!

I am overreacting to any perceived negativity because this is, quite literally, the best it will ever be. It is a thing to savour.

Some of you will still be here 75 years from now, and you will remember this time as the most special thing you ever saw as sports fans. We have gone from truly cursed to truly blessed.

Joe Kool
04-13-2018, 07:28 PM
Look guys. I found the subs for Saturdays game.
http://fmicfr.ca/wp-content/uploads/TC218.jpg

Nick Garcia is playing again?

Initial B
04-13-2018, 07:32 PM
^ :rofl:

Wouldn't it be something if we could beat the Rapids with a C team? I'd be happy with a draw, but I wouldn't be surprised if the kids come out hungry. However, I think they'll do well at first before getting smacked by the altitude.

Red CB Toronto
04-13-2018, 07:34 PM

Who will ever forget the night he got punched out cold by the Impacts Roberto Brown in 2010. I vividly remember him coming out gate 4 of BMO Field aided after the game looking like he had no idea where he was with a glassed over look.

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/soccer/impact-discipline-brown-for-punching-tfc-player-1.915093

Red CB Toronto
04-13-2018, 07:36 PM

Wouldn't it be something if we could beat the Rapids with a C team? I'd be happy with a draw, but I wouldn't be surprised if the kids come out hungry. However, I think they'll do well at first before getting smacked by the altitude.

Thats what I am looking forward to, the kids coming out jacked with something to prove. Much more enjoyable than an mashed up group of castoff scrubs like we have had in the past, especially against Chivas a mere 10 years ago.

paul-collins
04-13-2018, 09:32 PM

Yes, lost in translation. I interpreted the statement as it's been 6 years since he hasn't cared about a league game - but this one he doesn't care about.

Red CB Toronto
04-13-2018, 09:42 PM
The 11 players who will missing Saturday's match Altidore, Giovinco, Osorio, Delgado, Vazquez, Auro Jr., van der Wiel, Mavinga, Morrow, Hagglund, Bono.

rydermike
04-13-2018, 10:00 PM
Yes, lost in translation. I interpreted the statement as it's been 6 years since he hasn't cared about a league game - but this one he doesn't care about.

Agreed. That's what I took from his comment. This is the first league game he has not cared about since 2012. He's cared about every game since then. I think the response poster read it wrong.

Red CB Toronto
04-14-2018, 12:39 AM
With 11 players out of action, this is the 18 man roster by default assuming TFC dresses a full bench. Exactly who starts of these 18 and who begins on the bench has yet to be screen. I am also pretty sure the formation could/will evolve as the match goes on.

https://i.imgur.com/wlsedcS.png

Bench:
Akinola, Patterson-Sewell, Fraser, Spencer, Telfer, Daniels, Morgan.

Hamilton_Red
04-14-2018, 01:07 AM
We can still win with that line-up.

charlieocc
04-14-2018, 01:50 AM
This could be a huge breakout game for Aketxe imo.

Red CB Toronto
04-14-2018, 04:37 AM

Absolutely, it's all about having a vet at every level in the formation - backline, midfield and up front, directing the kids, keeping them in check. It's about shinning and making the most of your opportunity.

PizzaEatingYeti
04-14-2018, 04:44 AM
This could be a huge breakout game for Aketxe imo.

Should be!
I mean how long the guy has been with TFC now... 6-7 weeks?
That's more than enough for a good enough professional to adapt to all aspects of a new club.

I'll give him 3 games (with this one) in which he'll play at least 60 minutes to show us that he's not a bust for TFC.
Otherwise I really don't know what to say about him...

ensco
04-14-2018, 06:15 AM
^3 games? It took Vazquez 10 games last year, and that was with the team totally committing to him.

The only thing to say about Aketxe is that Delagdo and Osorio have played out of their minds, and he is not a winger (which is mainly why Hasler has seen more action).

Shway
04-14-2018, 06:18 AM
With 11 players out of action, this is the 18 man roster by default assuming TFC dresses a full bench. Exactly who starts of these 18 and who begins on the bench has yet to be screen. I am also pretty sure the formation could/will evolve as the match goes on.

https://i.imgur.com/wlsedcS.png

Bench:
Akinola, Patterson-Sewell, Fraser, Spencer, Telfer, Daniels, Morgan.

Damn..... you could've quoted or at me.

InDa_110
04-14-2018, 06:55 AM

So if you actually read carefully you would understand that what i said was i have not cared less about a league game since 2012. Meaning in 2012, which was the dismal low point in club history, is when my interest in league games was at a low point and todays game is the same level of irrelevant consequence to me as in that year, because of what awaits tuesday, and it appears we are starting a sub filled lineup not reflective much at all of our real capabilities, hence: i do not care much about the result.

I did not say i havent cared about a league game since 2012, so please don't say things that are not accurate.

Derko
04-14-2018, 07:32 AM
So if you actually read carefully you would understand that what i said was i have not cared less about a league game since 2012. Meaning in 2012, which was the dismal low point in club history, is when my interest in league games was at a low point and todays game is the same level of irrelevant consequence to me as in that year, because of what awaits tuesday, and it appears we are starting a sub filled lineup not reflective much at all of our real capabilities, hence: i do not care much about the result.

I did not say i havent cared about a league game since 2012, so please don't say things that are not accurate.

Sorry No problem, as stated lost in translation, Cheers

Red CB Toronto
04-14-2018, 08:11 AM
Damn..... you could've quoted or at me.

I just used the graphic to show that there is an 18 man game day lineup by default due to 11 guys sitting out. My question is do they start Morgan or keep him fresh for Tuesday. Same could be said about Zavaletta?

InDa_110
04-14-2018, 08:32 AM
Sorry No problem, as stated lost in translation, Cheers

All good!

Cheers to you as well!

azorean
04-14-2018, 09:54 AM

This could very well happen. They are not very good. Joe Mason looks ! and runs ! very much like Andy Welsh did for us once upon a time, but Mason has already scored 2 goals in 3 appearances for them .

Richard
04-14-2018, 10:20 AM
Why is Bradley playing this pointless game. I'm really starting to hate this iron man bullshit.

You think Alex Ferguson got 20+ years out of Giggs, Scholes and Neville by running them into the ground?

Vanney needs to grow a pair and sit him down so he can be rested for the biggest game in MLS/Canadian history.

ManUtd4ever
04-14-2018, 10:26 AM

Agreed. I'm relieved that Vanney is doing the right thing. In fact I would pull Bradley, Moor, and Zavaleta at the half.

Red CB Toronto
04-14-2018, 10:27 AM
Why is Bradley playing this pointless game. I'm really starting to hate this iron man bullshit.

You think Alex Ferguson got 20+ years out of Giggs, Scholes and Neville by running them into the ground?

Vanney needs to grow a pair and sit him down so he can be rested for the biggest game in MLS/Canadian history.

Its all about him, he simply does not like to sit. He has the fitness to do it but I do see your point. It comes down to MB being the captain wanting to be out there.

Red CB Toronto
04-14-2018, 12:33 PM
It will be interesting, especially with Ashtone, Zavs and Drew. I kind of wonder how long they go to keep them fresh for Tuesday. I fully expect to see a number of the kids making their debuts today.

Shway
04-14-2018, 12:38 PM
It will be interesting, especially with Ashtone, Zavs and Drew. I kind of wonder how long they go to keep them fresh for Tuesday. I fully expect to see a number of the kids making their debuts today.

I'll be very surprised to see Ashtone, considering the state of our LWB. Just doesn't make any sense to see any players who started on Tuesday.

Areathrasher
04-14-2018, 01:04 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DawwHQgWkAAEFeD.jpg

4-3-3?

Shway
04-14-2018, 01:06 PM
Oh how could we all not put Ben Spencer in the line up lmao

-----------------------Irwin---------------------
Hasler-----Hernandez------Moor--------Tefler
----------------------Fraser---------------------
------------Chapman--------Aketxe---------
Ricketts-------------------------------Hamilton
-----------------------B.S.----------------------

anto7
04-14-2018, 01:08 PM
Its all about him, he simply does not like to sit. He has the fitness to do it but I do see your point. It comes down to MB being the captain wanting to be out there.

I am a huge fan of Bradley, he is the glue that keeps this team together, a true leader in every sense of the word. I have no doubt fitness or fatigue will not be a factor for him, however, I will be seriously pissed if he got injured today and missed one or both games of the final. I absolutely do not think he should be risked today, the risks totally outweigh the reward in my opinion.

anto7
04-14-2018, 01:10 PM
I am a huge fan of Bradley, he is the glue that keeps this team together, a true leader in every sense of the word. I have no doubt fitness or fatigue will not be a factor for him, however, I will be seriously pissed if he got injured today and missed one or both games of the final. I absolutely do not think he should be risked today, the risks totally outweigh the reward in my opinion.

LMAO........and now I see the line up 10 seconds after I post!! I’m really happy and relieved he is not in the line up

Detroit_TFC
04-14-2018, 01:12 PM
Having seen the starting 11, they might actually do ok.

OgtheDim
04-14-2018, 01:15 PM
I think that's a 3-4-3 that will look more like a 5-4-1

PizzaEatingYeti
04-14-2018, 01:23 PM
As always, please put here good quality streams if you'll have some...
I will too!

Oldtimer
04-14-2018, 01:24 PM
So Bradley not in the XI, but can be called on if in need.

Red CB Toronto
04-14-2018, 01:27 PM
So Bradley not in the XI, but can be called on if in need.

I am a little surprised but at least here is there, can in a way coach up the kids, work with them.

RealG-TFC
04-14-2018, 01:30 PM
I am actually a little excited to see how a midfield of Fraser, Chapman, and Aketxe is going to work. Maybe it's blind optimism but I've got a good feeling about it.

mowe
04-14-2018, 01:34 PM
Looks like a 4-3-3. Excited to see what Fraser can do.

Interesting Moor is starting though. Must mean Mavinga back in on Tuesday.

ensco
04-14-2018, 01:36 PM
I think Moor is in because Bradley isn't, and because they must be confident that Mavinga will be in the 18 Tuesday (ie if Moor takes a knock or is gassed Tuesday, they have a good move to make)

At some level, they are still trying to get a result today.

Bluenose13
04-14-2018, 01:37 PM
I am a huge fan of Bradley, he is the glue that keeps this team together, a true leader in every sense of the word. I have no doubt fitness or fatigue will not be a factor for him, however, I will be seriously pissed if he got injured today and missed one or both games of the final. I absolutely do not think he should be risked today, the risks totally outweigh the reward in my opinion.Agreed 100%.

Bluenose13
04-14-2018, 01:39 PM
LMAO........and now I see the line up 10 seconds after I post!! I’m really happy and relieved he is not in the line upAnd...Agree 100% g:D

molenshtain
04-14-2018, 01:42 PM
3 CF's to start the game and two playmakers behind them? this will be fun.

Glad all these guys are getting a game. They deserve it and the starters deserve their rest.

ensco
04-14-2018, 01:47 PM
Maybe Spencer can play some CB. He looks like one!

Red CB Toronto
04-14-2018, 02:00 PM
I think Moor is in because Bradley isn't, and because they must be confident that Mavinga will be in the 18 Tuesday (ie if Moor takes a knock or is gassed Tuesday, they have a good move to make)

At some level, they are still trying to get a result today.

You need a vet somewhere in the field to keep things in check, direct things from the pitch. Wonder if it will be a half each for Drew and Michael to keep them fresh.

notthesun
04-14-2018, 02:01 PM
Actually really looking forward to seeing this lineup, should be fun.

mauser09
04-14-2018, 02:01 PM
Just wondering, what ever happened to Endoh?

PizzaEatingYeti
04-14-2018, 02:04 PM
https://cricfree.cc/tsn-1-live-streaming

http://cricfree.sc/tsn-1-live-stream-

http://goatdee.net/252326/watch-colorado-rapids-vs-toronto-fc

http://giostreams.eu/members/l1.html?ch78

http://www.sportingvideo3.com/20180414/vv5ad125b35817c1.47410933-1951667.html

http://firstrowonly.eu/watch/644550/1/watch-colorado-rapids-vs-toronto-fc.html

ensco
04-14-2018, 02:04 PM
You need a vet somewhere in the field to keep things in check, direct things from the pitch. Wonder if it will be a half each for Drew and Michael to keep them fresh.

That could be. It all turns on fitness.

Do either Moor or Bradley have an undisclosed knock? We'll never know.

If Mavinga can go Tuesday, you can risk fatigue or an injury to Moor.
If not, then Bradley has to come on, you cannot risk burning Moor out.

Brandino88
04-14-2018, 02:13 PM
Well then

rydermike
04-14-2018, 02:14 PM
Irwin wearing a white jersey while team is wearing white also?

flatpicker
Hmmm... not an encouraging start.

Red CB Toronto
That was ugly !

molenshtain
Good thing we have so many attacking players on the field, I guess.

notthesun
Bad clearance but you need guys at the top of the box to pressure the second ball. Not great.

CBTFC
04-14-2018, 02:15 PM
Well that was unfortunate. That was a fantastic strike by Jack Price, really well placed

Time for the kids, vets and Aketze to show what they got!

molenshtain
04-14-2018, 02:17 PM
Me thinks we're gonna have tons​ of possession in this one but few good chances. Colorado will have their chances on the break.

Hamilton always impresses me. The game seems to move at a slower pace for him. love the little subtleties to his game.

notthesun
04-14-2018, 02:20 PM
Nice move and cross by Hamilton, that was close.

Red CB Toronto
04-14-2018, 02:20 PM
Just wondering, what ever happened to Endoh?

He is still kicking around on trial. Have seen him a number of times in the box at BMO on game day.

molenshtain
04-14-2018, 02:24 PM
more of a 4-2-3-1 for me. Chapman clearly lining up beside Fraser with Aketxe in front of them.

Aketxe has been shit.

oldtraffordPEI
04-14-2018, 02:25 PM
This TFC squad really reminds me of how good our starters are. Man, we are normally so composed on the ball. This is entertaining to say the least!

molenshtain
04-14-2018, 02:27 PM
I like Telfer so far. Could be good depth.

ooh and he's a hometown boy. Thought he was American. Even better.

InDa_110
04-14-2018, 02:29 PM
https:/youtu.be/TR-bsTkkXVY

Sums it up

CBTFC
04-14-2018, 02:30 PM
Yep I'm likin' this Telfer kid too. He made a great defensive play against Badji, took him shoulder to shoulder.

benito
04-14-2018, 02:30 PM
I like Telfer so far. Could be good depth.

He made a very good tackle on that breakaway.

notthesun
04-14-2018, 02:32 PM
Shame about the goal because we're doing pretty damn well here. Obviously just missing the creativity in the attacking third with all our top guys out.

ensco
04-14-2018, 02:33 PM
Better from Aketxe there

molenshtain
04-14-2018, 02:35 PM
Ricketts in Not a Winger Shocker!

Would have preferred to see Endoh in a game like this. He always played well when he was played in his position.

Red CB Toronto
04-14-2018, 02:37 PM
Man that was close, wonder if the Reds go down by two what Greg's approach is to the second half?

Ajax TFC
04-14-2018, 02:37 PM
Ricketts in Not a Winger Shocker!

Would have preferred to see Endoh in a game like this. He always played well when he was played in his position.
Endoh isn't a member of the squad

Red CB Toronto
04-14-2018, 02:40 PM

That is correct, still on trial.

notthesun
04-14-2018, 02:41 PM
Good try from Aketxe there.

The long balls over our back line are causing us real fits. Moor-Hernandez is a slowwwww CB pairing.

shwade
04-14-2018, 02:42 PM
Playing like a B squad would.

molenshtain
04-14-2018, 02:42 PM

But he's training with the team. I'd still prefer if we had him on the roster and he'd play today. Ricketts is doing nothing out there.

Ajax TFC
04-14-2018, 02:43 PM
Colorado fans trying the viking clap just failed miserably

OgtheDim
04-14-2018, 02:43 PM
I was wondering what was so familiar about this game, and then I realised:

This is like watching the rest of the league.

molenshtain
04-14-2018, 02:45 PM

Couldn't figure it out either but yeah, nail on head.

Ajax TFC
04-14-2018, 02:46 PM
But he's training with the team. I'd still prefer if we had him on the roster and he'd play today. Ricketts is doing nothing out there.
Still makes no sense to burn their last international spot so he can play this one game. My guess is they'll sign him if they get through the summer without needing to sign another international

rydermike
Man that was close, wonder if the Reds go down by two what Greg's approach is to the second half?
Patterson-Sewell in as striker

JavierMartini
can you hear toronto sing? lolol

rydermike
04-14-2018, 02:48 PM
How does this lineup compare to our 2007 squad lol. Still better haha.

wopchop
can you hear toronto sing? lolol
Yeah, I think so! Any idea how many are out there?

Ajax TFC

Funny thing is even with all the reserve and TFC2 players, we still look more competitive than every year prior to 2015

RealG-TFC
04-14-2018, 02:49 PM
Aketxe starting to show his quality but man Ricketts has got to wake up and get more involved.

Detroit_TFC
04-14-2018, 02:50 PM
TFC squad growing into this a bit, imo.

molenshtain
04-14-2018, 02:50 PM
Still makes no sense to burn their last international spot so he can play this one game. My guess is they'll sign him if they get through the summer without needing to sign another international

Do you see us splurging on a mid-summer international? we're miles ahead of pretty much everyone else in the league.I can't see us needing it.

Not letting Endoh play these games but keeping him on trial is just cruel. He deserves better.

Red CB Toronto
04-14-2018, 02:53 PM
Do you see us splurging on a mid-summer international? we're miles ahead of pretty much everyone else in the league.I can't see us needing it.

Not letting Endoh play these games but keeping him on trial is just cruel. He deserves better.

I think it may have to do with them trying to find a way to count him as a domestic like establishing residency.

OgtheDim
04-14-2018, 02:54 PM
The B team needs somebody a bit more dynamic up front. Spencer ain't it.

Oh, and not impressed with Akexte for not coming back after a play went wrong. Until he decides defence is important, he's not getting many minutes.

molenshtain
04-14-2018, 02:55 PM
I think it may have to do with them trying to find a way to count him as a domestic like establishing residency.

Couldn't we do that while having him on the roster?

oldtraffordPEI
04-14-2018, 02:56 PM
This reminds me of watching spring training baseball. You can literally hear individual voices having conversations. A few hard core supporters around, but mainly just a half empty stadium. A few players you know, but mostly unknowns. This does not seem like a regular season match at all.

Basically its like watching an impact game.

oldtraffordPEI
04-14-2018, 02:57 PM
The B team needs somebody a bit more dynamic up front. Spencer ain't it.

I dont get what they see in him. Sorry Spencer.

Ajax TFC
04-14-2018, 02:57 PM

A lot can happen between now and the end of the summer. For example if we lost Altidore to injuries we would definitely have to sign a replacement striker. The feelings of a marginal player don't concern me as much as being in the best position possible to be the best team possible.

nonc
04-14-2018, 03:00 PM
Ben Spencer is an absolute disgrace on the field, I think he is the worst TFC player ever, worse than Andy Iro! The fact that it's happening in 2017-18 is dumbfounding.

Hamilton_Red
04-14-2018, 03:01 PM
Aketxe starting to show his quality but man Ricketts has got to wake up and get more involved.

We could have had a couple of goals if Aketexe and Hmailton had been sharper. I'm worried for Ricketts - he seems off form in a bad way this season and today even more so. He needs to get his spark back or he will be moved on to one of the Junior teams (Montreal and Vancouver).

Overall pretty good half. We could get a result here if we keep at it.

molenshtain
04-14-2018, 03:02 PM
A lot can happen between now and the end of the summer. For example if we lost Altidore to injuries we would definitely have to sign a replacement striker. The feelings of a marginal player don't concern me as much as being in the best position possible to be the best team possible.

But that's the thing. If we lose Altidore (or any of the other DP's for that matter) to injury there is no like for like replacement we could sign with our cap-space that would make us competitive enough to win the cup. We'd just be doing another mildly expensive mercenary panic buy that doesn't do anything but take away minutes from guys who would be better served getting them in the long run, like Hamilton for instance.

I don't see the logic.

notthesun
04-14-2018, 03:05 PM
Aketxe grew into the half.

https://twitter.com/plattoli/status/985246166693507072

Think going the full 90 would do him a lot of good.

In a team full of subs and reserves, Spencer still stands out as not being up to it.

SKB
04-14-2018, 03:09 PM
Ok interesting game, overall I would say they played pretty well.

Good
Chapman
Hamilton
Moor
Irwin

Bad
Spencer: Just not good enough
Hernandez: Too old
Aketxe: Beginning to feel this was a mistake signing. He is too slow for this league and no hustle on the defensive side

The other off season signings were great. 2/3 is not bad.

People talk about our depth, and we do have it some positions but not at striker. If you take away Altidore and Giovinco we have nothing!

SilverSamurai
04-14-2018, 03:10 PM

LOL
Possibly, as a sack of potato's wasn't available due to being on such short notice...

What a start... Ouch...

Red CB Toronto
04-14-2018, 03:11 PM

Good
Chapman
Hamilton
Moor
Irwin

Bad
Aketxe: Beginning to feel this was a mistake signing. He is too slow for this league and no hustle on the defensive.

The off season signings were great. 2/3 is not bad.

People talk about our depth, and we do have it some positions but not at striker. If you take away Altidore and Giovinco we have nothing!

Reports are suggesting Aketxe is looking good. Take another look, has looked fine to me.

molenshtain
04-14-2018, 03:12 PM

Well, we do have Hamilton. Why he never gets a solid run off games at his actual position is a mystery, but he'd be a starting striker for a fair number of teams in the league.

Ricketts has also had one of the highest goals per minute ratio in the league the last two years, for what it's worth. Though my opinion is that the time may be coming where we should move on from him.

Carter
04-14-2018, 03:13 PM
Aketxe: Beginning to feel this was a mistake signing. He is too slow for this league and no hustle on the defensive side

LOL.

leads both teams with shots and chances created, as well as 95.7% pass accuracy and he’s bad?

Ill never understand you guys...

Red CB Toronto
04-14-2018, 03:13 PM
Zavs coming in for Hernandez.

molenshtain
04-14-2018, 03:14 PM
Must not be fit enough for a full 90.

notthesun
04-14-2018, 03:15 PM
Looks like we've switched to a 3-5-2 at first glance here. Fraser playing CB.

catz4ever
04-14-2018, 03:15 PM
I’m nervous that Moor and Zavalet are on the field considering Hagglund and Mavinga are injured

Ajax TFC
04-14-2018, 03:17 PM
But that's the thing. If we lose Altidore (or any of the other DP's for that matter) to injury there is no like for like replacement we could sign with our cap-space that would make us competitive enough to win the cup. We'd just be doing another mildly expensive mercenary panic buy that doesn't do anything but take away minutes from guys who would be better served getting them in the long run, like Hamilton for instance.

I don't see the logic.
I'm quite sure that we have a bit more cap space than Bez lets on. Plus probably of a million in TAM. Sure we won't get anyone approaching the quality of our current DPs if one of them goes down, but you can at least sign someone of significant quality that would keep us in the cup hunt if needed. Right now we're watching all three backups to altidore and it's highly underwhelming. Hamilton is the only one that looks the part. Ricketts is great coming in the 75th minute or later but crap as a starter. Ben Spenser should be playing in the CPL

molenshtain
04-14-2018, 03:19 PM
I'm quite sure that we have a bit more cap space than Bez lets on. Plus probably of a million in TAM. Sure we won't get anyone approaching the quality of our current DPs if one of them goes down, but you can at least sign someone of significant quality that would keep us in the cup hunt if needed. Right now we're watching all three backups to altidore and it's highly underwhelming. Hamilton is the only one that looks the part. Ricketts is great coming in the 75th minute or later but crap as a starter. Ben Spenser should be playing in the CPL

could be. I just don't see the point of having Hamilton on the team if you don't think he can at least be the 3rd striker on this team for the foreseeable future. Signing another forward means your killing his career here, basically.

rydermike
04-14-2018, 03:20 PM

MLSE should buy a European team. Altidore gets season ending injury, Send him on loan to Europe lol. Free cap space

Ajax TFC
04-14-2018, 03:21 PM
Reports are suggesting Aketxe is looking good. Take another look, has looked fine to me.
2nd game he's started in MLS and easily the most dangerous player. But I guess anything less than flawless is terrible to some people :confused:

Red CB Toronto
04-14-2018, 03:21 PM

Greg has a soft spot for Ben, that's pretty clear. At the end of the day it's his choice who he goes with and does not. I am not really worried about it since it would take a real disaster for him to get any real minutes.

rydermike
04-14-2018, 03:23 PM
I want to Aketxe get a free kick opportunity. Saw his highlights, but Gio will always get priority. This is his chance

Red CB Toronto
04-14-2018, 03:23 PM
Who would we like to see get a run out next, Daniels or Dunn?

Red CB Toronto
04-14-2018, 03:24 PM
Morgan coming on.

Ajax TFC
04-14-2018, 03:25 PM
could be. I just don't see the point of having Hamilton on the team if you don't think he can at least be the 3rd striker on this team for the foreseeable future. Signing another forward means your killing his career here, basically.
Eh, Hamilton is 3rd striker. It goes Altidore -> Ricketts -> Hamilton. If Altidore were to go down, you would need a new number one. Point of having Hamilton is that you need a 3rd striker. Sucks for Hamilton that he isn't handed the starting spot, but the job of Bez and Vanney is to win games/trophies

Red CB Toronto
04-14-2018, 03:25 PM
Ben is out

wynne
04-14-2018, 03:26 PM
I was never on the Spencer hate train but man was he bad today. Just does not belong anywhere near MLS. He was painful to watch

rydermike
04-14-2018, 03:27 PM
Is Akinola on the full season loan to TFC 2? Since he wasn't in the 18?

Red CB Toronto
04-14-2018, 03:32 PM
Is Akinola on the full season loan to TFC 2? Since he wasn't in the 18?

He is dealing with an injury.

SKB
04-14-2018, 03:35 PM
Boy Akextke is loosing every one on one battle. Too slow and not strong enough.

MightyDM
04-14-2018, 03:35 PM
For me, Hamilton always shows he belongs in this league and he gets his goals. Ricketts has been fabulous for us but in Mexico and again today looks like there is something wrong with him. I wonder if he is still suffering from the thyroid, he just looks off.

i though Spencer looked better than against NYFC, but still doesn’t look like he belongs. I actually feel bad for him.

Red CB Toronto
04-14-2018, 03:36 PM

Looks good to me, he was fouled in that play a few minutes ago.

MightyDM
04-14-2018, 03:38 PM

he is regularly out of position defensively and is also caught on the ball too often. On the other hand, has shown some nice skill going forward.

SKB
04-14-2018, 03:39 PM
None of his shots were on target, and since you like statistics look at the T/O and one on one battles lost. The non statistic is attitude and does he play at both ends of the field. I am unimpressed at the moment, but it is early.

molenshtain
04-14-2018, 03:44 PM
Dunn coming in for Moor I think

Red CB Toronto
Dunn is coming on, has the honour of being the 198th player to have played at least one game for TFC. Good to see for the U17 Canadian International.

rydermike
Who's the captain now? Zavaleta?

notthesun
Fraser is a tidy kid. Really like his game. Kind of like what Mark Anthony Kaye has been doing for LAFC.

edit: Aaaaaaaaaaaand I jinxed him. Sorry dude

molenshtain
04-14-2018, 03:45 PM
Okay, fuck off with that Aketxe. But it on the box buddy. You haven't earned the right to try shit like that yet.

Red CB Toronto
04-14-2018, 03:45 PM
Dunn coming in for Moor I think

What a contrast someone who is playing his first MLS match for someone who has seen action in 350 of them.

Red CB Toronto
04-14-2018, 03:46 PM
Dam feel bad for Liam.

Thomas
04-14-2018, 03:46 PM
Hamilton didn’t even bother to chase that one.

JavierMartini
04-14-2018, 03:47 PM
what a garbage call, shoulder to shoulder fucking toledo shouldnt have a job.

adam1001
04-14-2018, 03:49 PM
Irwin couldn't have been more predictable on that PK. Not surprised about the result, but no one in this game is making a case for a first team opportunity.

nonc
04-14-2018, 03:49 PM
Dunn got ravaged his first minute in MLS through no fault other than his own.

OgtheDim
04-14-2018, 03:50 PM
2nd game he's started in MLS and easily the most dangerous player. But I guess anything less than flawless is terrible to some people :confused:

I demand my midfielders give a shit about defence.

So does Vanney.

PizzaEatingYeti
04-14-2018, 03:50 PM
Fuck you Toledo.
Fuck you Video Review (for no review).
Fuck you MLS.

This call in Europe is in 95% of cases a shoulder to shoulder play, no penalty.
How many times was Seba and Altidore showed off like this in the box, and how many fucking peanlties got TFC from such situations?

PizzaEatingYeti
04-14-2018, 03:51 PM
what a garbage call, shoulder to shoulder fucking toledo shouldnt have a job.
THIS X 1000 times.

Red CB Toronto
04-14-2018, 03:53 PM
Toledo is such a loose cannon.

rydermike
04-14-2018, 03:58 PM
Fuck you Toledo.
Fuck you Video Review (for no review).
Fuck you MLS.

This call in Europe is in 95% of cases a shoulder to shoulder play, no penalty.
How many times was Seba and Altidore showed off like this in the box, and how many fucking peanlties got TFC from such situations?

I disagree. I'm the biggest proponent of shoulder to shoulder contact but you're allowed to push shoulder to shoulder not check. Fraser full on checked him

Red CB Toronto
04-14-2018, 03:59 PM
Man would have been nice to see TOS finish on that.

tfcfans
04-14-2018, 04:00 PM
Can we just start the MLS Regular Season on April 28th? — this is all just wasting time until then pretty much. Obviously we are all in for the 17th and 25th as it should be, as that is about our legacy as an “all time” team in this part of the world; but 1-5 seems like a given after the Houston game. I’m hoping the squad will not have a let down emotionally after the CCL (win or lose, it’s been the whole focus since the moment MLS Cup ended), as they can’t coast if they want to win about 18/28 to finish in the top few spots. A one game playoff on the road is still not a sure thing if we finish 5/6......again, I’m not saying to panic by any stretch as we are obviously the most talented and deepest team on paper, it’s more a situation of whether the quest of getting to the top of the mountain on April 25th will lead to an emotional let down afterwards.....they may need to build a new “empty trophy case” to try to fill.....ha ha ha.....

Red CB Toronto
04-14-2018, 04:00 PM
I disagree. I'm the biggest proponent of shoulder to shoulder contact but you're allowed to push shoulder to shoulder not check. Fraser full on checked him

I agree, but I am never going to pounce too hard on a kid making his first team debut, it's a learning experience.

PizzaEatingYeti
04-14-2018, 04:01 PM
Man would have been nice to see TOS finish on that.
Yeah, but only problem is that Tos is not Jozy...

JavierMartini
4 good saves for irwin today.

Derko

Good
Chapman
Hamilton
Moor
Irwin

Bad

The other off season signings were great. 2/3 is not bad.

You are kidding, right, Chapman invisible. Ricketts very invisible.

Ajax TFC
I demand my midfielders give a shit about defence.

So does Vanney.
But still the only player on the field able to turn it up going forward. No one else out there is showing anything that makes me want to see more of them. Certainly the front line has been completely toothless and by midgame Colorado was able to pour on the pressure in midfield because we have no one to threaten their back line

Red CB Toronto
04-14-2018, 04:02 PM
Yeah, but only problem is that Tos is not Jozy...

Completely agree, Jozy would have pushed his way through it.

OgtheDim
04-14-2018, 04:03 PM
But still the only player on the field able to turn it up going forward. No one else out there is showing anything that makes me want to see more of them. Certainly the front line has been completely toothless and by midgame Colorado was able to pour on the pressure in midfield because we have no one to threaten their back line

Yeah, I know.....its just bugs me because the guy could be starting if he had his head on straight.

Detroit_TFC
04-14-2018, 04:04 PM
1-0 would have been a fair scoreline. Garbage penalty from well known prick Toledo. Essentially a preseason team vs a crap side.

My hot taek is: I wonder if TFC would be better off scrapping TFC II and loaning players to independent USL teams. Might be better competitive environment.

MightyDM
04-14-2018, 04:04 PM
Ratings:

Irwin 7 good, except dove too soon on the penalty
Moor 6
Hernandez 5.5
Hasler 6
Telfer 5
Fraser 6.5 until the penalty, 5.5 with it
Chapman 6.5 strong defensively and good ball movement
Aketxe 5.0. Jury still out. Lost the ball too often for a player of his evident skill
Hamilton 6.0 generally good. But did not make enough happen
Spencer 4.0 poor
Ricketts 5.0. Off his game. Again

subs:

Zavaleta 6.0. Solid
Morgan 6.0. Solid
Dunn 5.0. Off the pace but congratulations on your debut, son.

tfcfans
04-14-2018, 04:05 PM
As an aside - if you want to see the 2017/2018 TFC squad at their peak level of “desire/motivation”, get yourself to BMO on Tuesday, as when this team is motivated and hungry as we saw last year (and in CCL games against Tigres/CA this year), they are incredible to watch....appreciate it, as who knows if we will come this way again — even if we do, there will never be another “first time”, in MLS/CCL if this team performs against Chivas as we want them too.....on to Tuesday....let’s dominate them and end this thing.....

nonc
04-14-2018, 04:07 PM
Hamilton was decent first half, terrible second half lots of poor decisions.

notthesun
Scheduled loss, so the result is what it is.

Fraser was great on the ball, had a bit of trouble in the tackle. He's a good player though.

Aketxe will come good eventually. He's talented and I'll always bet on talent.

Best thing about this game is Bradley coming away with 0 minutes played. On to Chivas.

RealG-TFC
Thought Chapman was good in the first half but sort of disappeared in the second, same with Hamilton.

nonc
04-14-2018, 04:08 PM
Irwin and Moor were half asleep for the opening goal, Irwin wasn't even close to the middle of his net hence why he wasn't even close on a savable shot.

Red CB Toronto
04-14-2018, 04:10 PM
1-0 would have been a fair scoreline. Garbage penalty from well known prick Toledo. Essentially a preseason team vs a crap side.

My hot taek is: I wonder if TFC would be better off scrapping TFC II and loaning players to independent USL teams. Might be better competitive environment.

I think what the TFC braintrust likes about having TFCII is that they are fully integrated in the setup at the training ground. Allows them to have full control on their development. Did Columbus not run into problems with loaning players to their USL affiliate and the coach there not playing them?

Detroit_TFC
04-14-2018, 04:14 PM
Scheduled loss, so the result is what it is.

Fraser was great on the ball, had a bit of trouble in the tackle. He's a good player though.

Aketxe will come good eventually. He's talented and I'll always bet on talent.

Best thing about this game is Bradley coming away with 0 minutes played. On to Chivas.

How did the coaching staff keep him on the bench? Duct tape? He must have been doing insane.

Detroit_TFC
04-14-2018, 04:17 PM
I think what the TFC braintrust likes about having TFCII is that they are fully integrated in the setup at the training ground. Allows them to have full control on their development. Did Columbus not run into problems with loaning players to their USL affiliate and the coach there not playing them?

That's a risk. Just seems to me TFC II is more like the old reserve squad set up than a quality USL side (ie all development, not much competitive success).

General Woolfe
04-14-2018, 04:21 PM
No sense in over reacting to a loss that was on the cards today. Ten changes and an away fixture at altitude meant it was always going to huge ask for TFC get anything out of today’s game. However, the worrying thing for me was our lack of cover in forward positions. Much has been made of the depth of our squad and rightly so, but whilst I’m comfotable with the replacement we have for the first team squad in defence and midfield, our striking options is a different kettle of fish. It strikes me that if we have to go without Giovinco or Altidore we are struggling. Ricketts is the best substitute option but he is some 2ay behind our two regular strikers. He might do fine in partnership with one of them for the last 15-20 minutes of a game, but on his own he lacks the quality to lead the line. This problem is compounded with the fact that Hamilton and Spencer are even further behind in quality than Ricketts. At least the Canadian international has pace on his side. I see nothing in the play of Hamilton and Spencer to suggest they can be regular MLS starting players. So perhaps the lesson from today’s defeat is to look at strengthening the forward positions in the transfer window, for if we have to go any length of time without both Séba and Jozy we will struggle to find the net.

I was also also extremely disappointed in Aketxe’s contribution today. It’s early days and he obviously needs playing time, but he’s no straight replacement for Vazquez that’s for sure. Today was his chance to prove it and he came up well short. Hopefully in time he can prove me wrong but the early signs are not positive. EDIT: Having just watched the Portland/Minnesota game, if its true we were chasing Darwin Quintero along with Minnesota we should have pulled out all the stops to get him. He looks like he would have been far value for our TAM than Aketxe. His acquisition would not only have solved the depth problem up front but he would have provided competition for Giovinco and Altidore for a first team place. (perhaps even complimenting them by playing alongside in a wide role) With Vazquez, Ososrio, Delgado, Chapman, and Hassler fighting for two places alongside Bradley in midfield, in not convinced we needed an extra player there as much as we need more quality up front. However, no use crying over spilled milk.

Anyway, although we cannot afford to disregard MLS play completely we all know Tuesday is the game that really matters, so let’s put today behind us and take another step towards the real immediate goal, champions of Concacaf.

Onwards and upwards TFC... onwards to victory!!! :scarf:

SoccMan2
04-14-2018, 04:22 PM
Yes of course you had to rest all the players they did with the first game of the final on Tuesday night, Chivas did the same thing last night losing 3-0 in their league game to Tijuana . The only negative is that guys like Chapman, Hamilton and Aketxe did not impress unfortunately.

molenshtain
04-14-2018, 04:24 PM
3/5th's of the way to meeting our total amount of losses from last year.

I'd be interesting to see if all of those people who thought we'd repeat the shield and do even better points wise this year still think that.