PDA

View Full Version : Member of the Match!

tfcfans
03-27-2018, 11:24 AM
I was just told that I will be a member of the match for an upcoming home game!! --- hopefully either July 1st or September 1st (to be confirmed) --- has anyone had this experience before? any tips to maximize the day?

My daughter and I are "super excited" (:) her words), and will proudly represent RPB in scarf and potentially other gear if possible that day depending on the weather (jacket/hat/RPB Treble Shirt?! etc.) ----- apparently we get tunnel access so if I'm there on July 1st against NYRB I will be sure to film all the potential "action" inside....ha ha ha.....

:scarf:

Voodooman
03-27-2018, 12:23 PM
Congrats man! Hope you 2 have fun

tfcfans
03-27-2018, 12:34 PM
Thanks!

C.Ronaldo
03-27-2018, 12:53 PM
trip a NYRB for us

tfcfans
03-27-2018, 12:58 PM
^ Will do (smirk) ---should I say "courtesy of the RPB" when I do it?!....ha ha ha.....

jabbronies
03-27-2018, 01:03 PM
I was just told that I will be a member of the match for an upcoming home game!! --- hopefully either July 1st or September 1st (to be confirmed) --- has anyone had this experience before? any tips to maximize the day?

My daughter and I are "super excited" (:) her words), and will proudly represent RPB in scarf and potentially other gear if possible that day depending on the weather (jacket/hat/RPB Treble Shirt?! etc.) ----- apparently we get tunnel access so if I'm there on July 1st against NYRB I will be sure to film all the potential "action" inside....ha ha ha.....

:scarf:

Tunnel Club food is decent.
They have different grub pre game vs half time vs post game.

pfk
03-27-2018, 01:16 PM
Congrats! Did you win a contest?

magmadragon
03-27-2018, 02:33 PM
I did it a few years back. Worth it for the free jersey and food alone. The seats we got were down low so we only stayed for the first half, then went back to our own seats for the 2nd (personally, watching a game from the front row sucks, you can't see any depth). No tunnel club access for us, but we were pitchside for the warmups which was cool. They do a quick interview before the game so you get to be on the big screen. We had access to the east club, not the tunnel though, but enjoy the delicious goodies wherever they put you. When we did the tour, we got to meet Bitchy and her handler, which was great. I don't think we have Bitchy anymore. Lastly they give you a plaque type thing with your name on it.

tfcfans
03-27-2018, 05:34 PM
Tunnel Club food is decent.
They have different grub pre game vs half time vs post game.

.....So I need to bring my “big” wallet to eat Club food (maybe no Joes that day pregame?!), and to make sure I eat multiple meals and sample it all!? Maybe I’ll even watch the game....Ha ha Ha.....it’s once in a lifetime so I’m going all in.....my daughter will probably just get popcorn.....:facepalm:

magmadragon
03-27-2018, 05:40 PM
.....So I need to bring my “big” wallet to eat Club food (maybe no Joes that day pregame?!), and to make sure I eat multiple meals and sample it all!? Maybe I’ll even watch the game....Ha ha Ha.....it’s once in a lifetime so I’m going all in.....my daughter will probably just get popcorn.....:facepalm:

It should be free so indulge.

tfcfans
03-27-2018, 05:45 PM
I did it a few years back. Worth it for the free jersey and food alone. The seats we got were down low so we only stayed for the first half, then went back to our own seats for the 2nd (personally, watching a game from the front row sucks, you can't see any depth). No tunnel club access for us, but we were pitchside for the warmups which was cool. They do a quick interview before the game so you get to be on the big screen. We had access to the east club, not the tunnel though, but enjoy the delicious goodies wherever they put you. When we did the tour, we got to meet Bitchy and her handler, which was great. I don't think we have Bitchy anymore. Lastly they give you a plaque type thing with your name on it.

Thanks for the details - we are normally in 220 and I understand the perspective comment, I actually think the front of 222-224 is the best place to watch a game (I can just afford light grays so I’m in 220 but the height does help to see the whole field). I wish I got to meet “the Bird” :) with my daughter, as I’m sure before the last few years, Bitchy was the highlight over some of the football taking place on the pitch back in the day....ha ha ha....I’m sure it will be a cool experience for my daughter and I which is the point of the whole thing anyways....

To answer the other question - I did win the member of the match contest (just got the email today from the team) - I did not get the July 1st game which was my first choice but instead my second choice which was the September 1st game, which is during the EX which is always a good time (I was given a few choices but most were weeknights while my daughter is still in school, and I preferred a summer game if possible) - so no tripping a Red Bull:rolleyes:; maybe a pat on the back for Beita......

jabbronies
03-28-2018, 09:27 AM

It should be free.

Tunnel Club food is way better than East side club food - but both are free so who cares!!