PDA

View Full Version : FC Dallas sign Dutch international!!

SLBuu
08-01-2008, 07:03 PM
okay.............

FORMER DUTCH INTERNATIONAL!!

Sikora Signs For FC Dallas

Victor Sikora is a FC Dallas player for at least the next four months. If the American team is happy with his performances, they have the option to extend the deal for up to an additional three years.

more... (http://www.goal.com/en/Articolo.aspx?ContenutoId=801257)

profit89
08-01-2008, 07:12 PM
kool

reggie
08-01-2008, 07:33 PM
and mo is signing dick.....

colman1860
08-01-2008, 07:40 PM
and mo is signing dick.....

Did you say the same thing last year when Dallas signed Denilson? Why not wait and see how this turns out before we start criticizing.

ag futbol
08-01-2008, 07:44 PM
Did you say the same thing last year when Dallas signed Denilson? Why not wait and see how this turns out before we start criticizing.
But at the same time how can you say Dallas didn't make a good move taking the chance on Denilson?

They set up the contract to sign him for half a season and when it didn't work out he was gone. Seems like a pretty good risk to me.

We sign Laurent Robert and he costs us more than Denilson against the cap and realistically is just as bad. We keep him for a full season. Is that supposed to be better?

At least they took the chance to sign a DP, while we sit around with an empty spot.

reggie
08-01-2008, 07:51 PM
yes i did.....if it was not for carver's connections what would we have nothing this season.
buy the way we have not won in 2 months and lost to a shit usl team...

I_AM_CANADIAN
08-01-2008, 07:51 PM
Not a bad signing, before he went to Ajax he was very highly rated. For the sake of the league, hopefully he does well against every other team but ours...

I_AM_CANADIAN
08-01-2008, 07:52 PM
But at the same time how can you say Dallas didn't make a good move taking the chance on Denilson?

They set up the contract to sign him for half a season and when it didn't work out he was gone. Seems like a pretty good risk to me.

We sign Laurent Robert and he costs us more than Denilson against the cap and realistically is just as bad. We keep him for a full season. Is that supposed to be better?

At least they took the chance to sign a DP, while we sit around with an empty spot.
You kid me. Denilson was a complete joke. He was one of the most overrated players in the world, the only reason he was famous was because he made so much money.

Ossington Mental Youth
08-01-2008, 07:57 PM
Robert cannot be even remotely considered close to Denilson in ineptitude.
Although Robert has his moments in which he looks a bit dragged out, Denilson did nothing while at Dallas. Wait until we have someone to receive Roberts balls.

Ossington Mental Youth
08-01-2008, 07:58 PM
Thats not to mention the fact that everyone got pissed when we didnt sign any south americans and a good half of south americans have gone back to where ever they came from (Caraccio anyone?)

Oldtimer
08-01-2008, 08:08 PM
Robert cannot be even remotely considered close to Denilson in ineptitude.
Although Robert has his moments in which he looks a bit dragged out, Denilson did nothing while at Dallas. Wait until we have someone to receive Roberts balls.

Denilson is widely mentioned as one of the worst, if not the worst all-time international signing. Even the Don has mentioned Denilson in this light.

ag futbol
08-02-2008, 09:16 AM
Denilson is widely mentioned as one of the worst, if not the worst all-time international signing. Even the Don has mentioned Denilson in this light.

You're missing the point, I'm pretty sure FCD had an idea that he might be bad, but they still USED their DP spot. Would you rather our club go out and use it's resources to try and sign a dp or sit on it's hands?

1/2 a season for DP slot that wasn't going to be used otherwise is a low risk / high reward scenario. I'm not complementing signing denilson, I'm talking about actually taking a chance on signing a player.

Thats not to mention the fact that everyone got pissed when we didnt sign any south americans and a good half of south americans have gone back to where ever they came from (Caraccio anyone?)
You know for a fact that for evey one guy who has left there have been a few that have stayed around and contributed. Let's not get started on that arguement.

I_AM_CANADIAN
08-02-2008, 09:22 AM
Yeah, because as we all know, sick dribbles and mazy runs are the only things that matter in football. There is no substitute for quality, Robert isn't Ronaldinho and nobody expected him to be, but simply having him on the pitch makes us a better team. His crosses are good, so is his passing, and he's always a threat to score from around the box, he's been really unlucky not to score another goal.

v00d00daddy
08-02-2008, 11:50 AM

that's not the point. i think the point he was trying to make is that it doesn't seem as if mo is ever gonna sign somebody who used to play in a place like holland. it's the same argument over and over. mo only has ties in the U.K.....so what? we have to live with it, while we live with Mo (and Carver for that matter). I don't care where the player comes from as long as they're good...but the team isn't looking too good right now. Carver isn't having a good first year at TFC and Mo isn't having a good 1st year as manager...and the team is suffering for it.

DigzTFC!
08-02-2008, 12:13 PM
Didn't Mo try to sign Kiki Musampa at the beginning of the season. Give the UK crap a rest. Oh but he played an Man City....dutch international. Played in Holland as well. The reason they come from a British style background is because thats the style of TFC (for better or worse).

You don't hear people saying Laurent Robert played in france, portugal and spain for half his career.

ag futbol
08-02-2008, 12:20 PM
But that is totally rediculous.

Mo Johnston has been managing in MLS for a number of years now and should have some knowledge of markets outside the british Isles. There are plenty of other managers out there who have done as much.

Fact is we are continually signing players out of the most expensive market in world football.

The style of play in the lower english levels is not conducive to MLS. Most of our games are played in a hotter climate durring the summer while they play in a cooler climate durring the winter. The pace they are asking to play at can't be maintained given the conditions and the fact that the teams we play against use possession as a tactic makes it even worse.

The players can stay, fine. No problem with a Ricketts or a Dichio etc.. But on top of that we need players who can hold the ball, which is sorely lacking right now. It doesn't have to be South America, but that does fit in considering it's usually within their skill set and style of play.

SLBuu
08-02-2008, 12:52 PM
i think we need more Mongolians on the team.

they're always trying to break down walls...... it may help on free kicks.

DigzTFC!
08-02-2008, 01:03 PM

The players can stay, fine. No problem with a Ricketts or a Dichio etc.. But on top of that we need players who can hold the ball, which is sorely lacking right now. It doesn't have to be South America, but that does fit in considering it's usually within their skill set and style of play.

I agree with you to an extent, but Mo did this by bringing in Pachuco and the other Colombian striker on trial. He signed former MLS 2004 MVP Amado Guevara to play that role.

By reading your assessment of what's need it sounds to me that our CM position is lacking in holding ability. If we could get a guy with Senna like ability, I think it could so wonders in maintaining the ball. I know Mo went to Argentina and Brazil several times in the offseason. But there have been lots of flops from South America as well. Dallas is prime example of that style not finding the proper MLS balance

ag futbol
08-02-2008, 01:08 PM
I agree with you to an extent, but Mo did this by bringing in Pachuco and the other Colombian striker on trial. He signed former MLS 2004 MVP Amado Guevara to play that role.

By reading your assessment of what's need it sounds to me that our CM position is lacking in holding ability. If we could get a guy with Senna like ability, I think it could so wonders in maintaining the ball. I know Mo went to Argentina and Brazil several times in the offseason. But there have been lots of flops from South America as well. Dallas is prime example of that style not finding the proper MLS balance
Exactly. Although I'd say the biggest problem isn't the CM, it's actually our defenders who can't play possession.

If we can find that guy to play holder in the CCC or League1, fine with me as well.

I agree guevara helps, but by himself I don't think he's enough to hold it together. I look at our lineup, and while there isn't anything wrong with a lot of our players, the team overall lacks the ability to keep the ball. We've got to drop a few people in favor of some more possession orientated guys.

DigzTFC!
08-02-2008, 01:40 PM
I think two strong CB is important to this team. I really think Serioux would be the perfect CB for us. Canadian, can dribble (ala Brazil game), tough as nails, and can pass as we've seen some amazing balls over the top to Cooper in Dallas. That leaves another spot to be filled. Maybe go out and get and African defender.