PDA

View Full Version : CCL QF 2nd Leg - TFC @ Tigres Tue March 13th 10pm - Hold That Tiger

Pages : [1] 2

OgtheDim
03-08-2018, 07:12 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AJ0YNaK5tAU

Have At It People

ensco
03-08-2018, 07:38 AM
Nice music choice.

Muerte a los gatitos!

OgtheDim
03-08-2018, 07:47 AM
Thanks....prefer the all instrumental version. And that group was really really good.

Seriously people, listen to that whole song & each time you hear another player start up on their bit, think of one of our players and how TFC plays together.

cmonyoureds
03-08-2018, 08:39 AM
This team isn't built to park the bus. It's built to go forward and create chance.
Gonna need a Vasquez/Bradley master class in Mexico to keep Tigres wary of sending the whole team forward.
Pushing the ball straight back on counter attacks is gonna be crucial.

ensco
03-08-2018, 12:05 PM
The Juve v Spurs game yesterday was pretty interesting. Spurs played their game, dominated the first 60 minutes, had a two goal edge.... and then the better team just beat them.

But that's the way to play it. Spurs played their game, played their best version of their game, and went out on their shields. Heads held high.

I think, if we play our game, that means we try to win this game. Our edge is our elite talent, so we turn our guys loose. Be your best, play your best. Let the chips fall where they may.

(If we need to go catenaccio for the last 20 minutes, sure.)

Lennon
03-08-2018, 12:13 PM
10pm? Thought it was at 11. That's good.

We can do this. If a a 0-9 2012 TFC team can take a 2-1 lead vs. Santos Laguana anything is possible. Key is not to concede early. The longer we can keep it at 0-0 the more likely that we catch Tigres on the break.

I feel like Zavaletta needs to be benched. His passing was woeful last night. I can see him costing us the game with a silly giveaway. Can VDW play right CB?

pfk
03-08-2018, 12:22 PM
What a fun game last night! Has anyone heard of any places showing the game Tuesday: Wheatsheaf? Joe's? Paupers?

ryan
03-08-2018, 12:28 PM
Vazquez interview: https://www.tsn.ca/soccer/video/vazquez-says-tfc-s-confident-heading-to-mexico~1343310

Mavinga interview: https://www.tsn.ca/soccer/video/mavinga-excited-for-new-contract-with-tfc~1343333

Jack
03-08-2018, 12:29 PM

We can do this. If a a 0-9 2012 TFC team can take a 2-1 lead vs. Santos Laguana anything is possible. Key is not to concede early. The longer we can keep it at 0-0 the more likely that we catch Tigres on the break.

I feel like Zavaletta needs to be benched. His passing was woeful last night. I can see him costing us the game with a silly giveaway. Can VDW play right CB?

We might have no choice as he left injured. I don't think VDW can play CB.

Canary10
03-08-2018, 12:33 PM

People around me were giving Zavaletta shit all night. And admittedly, I think he had a bad game. He looked like he had been touched by the scythe of the grim reaper every time he touched the ball. He was just looking to get it anywhere but on him as fast as he possibly could. Confidence looked really shot to me. I actually doubted whether he was injured or whether the pressure got to him and he pulled himself.

paul-collins
03-08-2018, 12:43 PM
People around me were giving Zavaletta shit all night. And admittedly, I think he had a bad game. He looked like he had been touched by the scythe of the grim reaper every time he touched the ball. He was just looking to get it anywhere but on him as fast as he possibly could. Confidence looked really shot to me. I actually doubted whether he was injured or whether the pressure got to him and he pulled himself.
No, he definitely went to ground hard in the box, and was limping for the rest of his stint.

I think his timing is off. He didn't look good on Saturday either. I also think the soft turf affects his ability to recover, and he's used to playing a style that requires recovery (he's not terribly conservative). He can't get traction to get to speed fast enough.

He's been better for us, and I'm sure by May he'll have found his confidence again. But for now I go with Hagglund instead.

Jack
03-08-2018, 12:56 PM
No, he definitely went to ground hard in the box, and was limping for the rest of his stint.

I think his timing is off. He didn't look good on Saturday either. I also think the soft turf affects his ability to recover, and he's used to playing a style that requires recovery (he's not terribly conservative). He can't get traction to get to speed fast enough.

He's been better for us, and I'm sure by May he'll have found his confidence again. But for now I go with Hagglund instead.

I agree. Zavaleta has proven he can do the job there and his passing and control with the ball at his feet is usually much better.

RealG-TFC
03-08-2018, 12:57 PM
While Tigres will be much more improved on a match-ready pitch and many people are mentioning that, I am looking forward to seeing our squad play on it as well. I expect them to come at us strong, but a part of me expects us to connect much better and we might see even better dribbling from Giovinco.

Canary10
03-08-2018, 12:58 PM

Ah, thanks for the observation. His passing was really off last night. As I said, he was just looking to get it to anyone else as fast as he could. At one point he tried a switch about 15 yards outside our own box. That was just a bad idea. Hopefully he gets his confidence back.

Kaz
03-08-2018, 01:16 PM
It will be interesting to see how they do on a better pitch. BMO was really rough. I have to wonder if that is why Gio is missing free kicks he should be nailing.

Get in there.. play hard be ready to absorb pressure and counter harder. This is doable but it will not be easy.

notthesun
03-08-2018, 01:21 PM
Vanney has a big decision in midfield, assuming Vazquez is fully fit. We need to defend as well as possible, yet the value of an away goal is tremendous.

No way we stray from the 3-5-2 now, so who plays with Bradley?

Vazquez increases our chances of scoring by a ton, but he hasn't been that great so far. Delgado is crucial to remaining balanced and defensively solid. Osorio has been our best player, but on paper he appears perhaps less crucial in a way. And no disrepect to Aketxe but he's clearly in desperation, we-need-to-score super sub territory for this one.

My guess for now is Vanney puts out the same midfield (and same roster except Hagglund for Zavaleta) and Vazquez comes off the bench first if needed.

Detroit_TFC
03-08-2018, 01:22 PM
OT - that is one of my favorite early jazz tunes, well done!

paul-collins
03-08-2018, 01:34 PM
Vanney has a big decision in midfield, assuming Vazquez is fully fit. We need to defend as well as possible, yet the value of an away goal is tremendous.

Vazquez increases our chances of scoring by a ton, but he hasn't been that great so far. Delgado is crucial to remaining balanced and defensively solid. Osorio has been our best player, but on paper he appears perhaps less crucial in a way. And no disrepect to Aketxe but he's clearly in desperation, we-need-to-score super sub territory for this one.

My guess for now is Vanney puts out the same midfield (and same roster except Hagglund for Zavaleta) and Vazquez comes off the bench first if needed.
I don't know what I find more shocking, that you're talking about sitting Vazquez in favour of Osorio and Delgado, or that I'm agreeing with you.

Joe Kool
03-08-2018, 01:39 PM
While Tigres will be much more improved on a match-ready pitch and many people are mentioning that, I am looking forward to seeing our squad play on it as well. I expect them to come at us strong, but a part of me expects us to connect much better and we might see even better dribbling from Giovinco.

I was thinking the same thing. TFC haven't played on a good pitch yet in MLS or CCL. Alot of people talk about conditions here favoring TFC but they really aren't favorable that much at BMO, at least not in terms of surface. Aside from being in Mexico and all that goes with that, the improved pitch favors both teams and I think Tigres may not realize how much better TFC can also be with a good surface to play on. Tigres coach said he is confident they will advance because they only need one goal so he obviously doesn't think TFC will be able to score in Mexico. I hope we run them ragged down there because on a good day I think we can.

OgtheDim
03-08-2018, 01:41 PM
The ball went to Zavs and everybody around me clenched a little bit. He has regressed passing wise. Defending? Still good. But in our system, the back 3 have to be able to make a pass.

If he's injured, he'll sit & Haglund will have to figure out how to pass.

Joe Kool
03-08-2018, 01:42 PM

I agree with this. Auro will come in later as well. Pretty much the same as last night. Ricketts was supposed to come in until Zavaleta got injured. Maybe he will be the third sub depending on how the game goes.

Jack
03-08-2018, 02:00 PM

I don't know what I find more shocking, that you're talking about sitting Vazquez in favour of Osorio and Delgado, or that I'm agreeing with you.

I agree with both of you. Vazquez is obviously the superior player offensively, but he doesn't have the dogged work rate of either Osorio or Delgado on the defensive side of the ball. Osorio has really stepped up his game this season and is stronger defensively than Vazquez. I think Vanney will stick with the same lineup unless Vazquez really progresses in training. A fit, in-form Vazquez is what we all want to see, but if he isn't there, you have to look at what Osorio has done so far.

TFC Tifoso
03-08-2018, 02:12 PM
I agree with both of you. Vazquez is obviously the superior player offensively, but he doesn't have the dogged work rate of either Osorio or Delgado on the defensive side of the ball. Osorio has really stepped up his game this season and is stronger defensively than Vazquez. I think Vanney will stick with the same lineup unless Vazquez really progresses in training. A fit, in-form Vazquez is what we all want to see, but if he isn't there, you have to look at what Osorio has done so far.

I think we'll see Vasquez in on Tuesday.....during the game last night, Wileman said the reason Vasquez didn't start last night was because Vanney did not want to risk any further Vasquez's injury or his status for Leg 2.....

RealG-TFC
03-08-2018, 02:22 PM
I think we'll see Vasquez in on Tuesday.....during the game last night, Wileman said the reason Vasquez didn't start last night was because Vanney did not want to risk any further Vasquez's injury or his status for Leg 2.....

He also has LigaMX experience and I think he mentioned in his TSN interview that he's played at their stadium before. Tough call though, I'm glad I'm not the one making the decisions lol.

Jack
03-08-2018, 02:28 PM

He also has LigaMX experience and I think he mentioned in his TSN interview that he's played at their stadium before. Tough call though, I'm glad I'm not the one making the decisions lol.

Both good points. Either way, it's nice that we have these dilemmas to discuss. Imagine having selection issues because of how well our players are playing! I still sometimes have to give myself a little pinch when someone refers to TFC as the best team in MLS.

TFC Tifoso
03-08-2018, 02:42 PM
Both good points. Either way, it's nice that we have these dilemmas to discuss. Imagine having selection issues because of how well our players are playing! I still sometimes have to give myself a little pinch when someone refers to TFC as the best team in MLS.

ya no kidding.....the other day I actually YouTubed the media scrum with Koevermans from the day after he gave the "worst team in the world line".....though to myself, "my god", followed by "damn, this feels good!".....

Fort York Redcoat
03-08-2018, 02:52 PM
What a fun game last night! Has anyone heard of any places showing the game Tuesday: Wheatsheaf? Joe's? Paupers?

Joe's. I'd be at Joe's.

But this time I'll be at "El Volcan" stadium.:scarf:

Joe Kool
03-08-2018, 02:54 PM

Vanney also said postgame though that even in the 10 min that Vazquez played he started to feel the issue come back again. Doesn't sound like someone we will take a risk on starting next game when we have other guys that can fill in.

TFC Tifoso
03-08-2018, 03:20 PM
Vanney also said postgame though that even in the 10 min that Vazquez played he started to feel the issue come back again. Doesn't sound like someone we will take a risk on starting next game when we have other guys that can fill in.

thanks for that....never heard it....and in that case, for sure there's no need to force him in.....lots can happen in 5 days though....comforting thing is if VV can't go, we already know Oso and Delgado can do the job.....

TFC1154ever
03-08-2018, 05:04 PM
I agree. Zavaleta has proven he can do the job there and his passing and control with the ball at his feet is usually much better.

This is the one and only problem TFC has. Hagglund, Mavinga, and especially Zavaleta are not good ball movers. Moor is an ok ball mover, but when we play teams that press our CB’s, we end up losing possession, more times then not. I think Mavinga is the best defending CB in the league, and it’s even close. Hagglund is also a very good defender, and is a monster in the air. Zavaleta is ok in my books. He is the 4th CB of the 4.

I would love to see TFC get a great CB, that can move the ball. We would literally be unstoppable when we were are on.

Davenport
03-08-2018, 05:06 PM
The Juve v Spurs game yesterday was pretty interesting. Spurs played their game, dominated the first 60 minutes, had a two goal edge.... and then the better team just beat them.

But that's the way to play it. Spurs played their game, played their best version of their game, and went out on their shields. Heads held high.

I think, if we play our game, that means we try to win this game. Our edge is our elite talent, so we turn our guys loose. Be your best, play your best. Let the chips fall where they may.

Spurs never had a two goal lead. I believe they thought they'd already won the tie, but when Juve scored 2 so quickly they were unable to respond, especially as Juve suddenly started to defend like lions. Their heads were not held high, they were gutted.

A brilliant result last night, but it will be very difficult to keep them quiet at their place. I'm not sure if we have enough defensive quality to keep them out for 90. Hope I'm wrong !

Jack
03-08-2018, 05:24 PM
This is the one and only problem TFC has. Hagglund, Mavinga, and especially Zavaleta are not good ball movers. Moor is an ok ball mover, but when we play teams that press our CB’s, we end up losing possession, more times then not. I think Mavinga is the best defending CB in the league, and it’s even close. Hagglund is also a very good defender, and is a monster in the air. Zavaleta is ok in my books. He is the 4th CB of the 4.

I would love to see TFC get a great CB, that can move the ball. We would literally be unstoppable when we were are on.

Maybe the speed of the CL caught Zavaleta off guard yesterday, but I've found he's usually more reliable at moving the ball. Certainly better than Hagglund on that front, although Hagglund is probably a better defender and better in the air. I mean, he's not great at it, but he's never stood out to me as terrible at it, either.

Edit: And defenders who can't distribute very well isn't a TFC-only problem. It's an MLS problem.

benito
03-08-2018, 05:49 PM
And defenders who can't distribute very well isn't a TFC-only problem. It's an MLS problem.

Definitely an MLS problem. With limited payroll, most money is spent on offensive marketable players. Last night, all the defenders had trouble moving the ball and they couldn't do much beside giving a short pass to Bradley to let him move it forward.

ensco
03-08-2018, 05:59 PM
There isn’t a “problem” if our excellent homegrown defenders can’t 100% handle a team like Tigres.

They have a payroll of $75M+, and a 100 year old academy. It’s not a fair fight.

Jack
03-08-2018, 06:04 PM
There isn’t a “problem” if our excellent homegrown defenders can’t 100% handle a team like Tigres.

They have a payroll of $75M+, and a 100 year old academy. It’s not a fair fight.
The fact that MLS defenders don't have the best distribution isn't exactly a new thing. It's a problem in the league because of the salary limitations. Our guys did their best and battled very hard against a very difficult attack.

ManUtd4ever
03-08-2018, 06:34 PM

Agreed 100%. It's obviously going to be much more difficult in the high altitude with their home crowd, but we proved that we could expose their backline countless times last night.

Fuck parking the bus. I say we go for the jugular. Even if we lose a high scoring game by one goal, we still advance.

noimpactinmtl
03-08-2018, 07:32 PM
Maybe the speed of the CL caught Zavaleta off guard yesterday, but I've found he's usually more reliable at moving the ball. Certainly better than Hagglund on that front, although Hagglund is probably a better defender and better in the air. I mean, he's not great at it, but he's never stood out to me as terrible at it, either.

Edit: And defenders who can't distribute very well isn't a TFC-only problem. It's an MLS problem.

I guarantee any CB with size and can dribble or pass would be in Europe. Even European teams have to choose between two of aerial presence, technical skill or pace. Very few have all three. We're lucky enough to pick a gifted CB who is down on his luck in Mavinga.

Auzzy
03-08-2018, 09:13 PM
Agreed 100%. It's obviously going to be much more difficult in the high altitude with their home crowd, but we proved that we could expose their backline countless times last night.

Fuck parking the bus. I say we go for the jugular. Even if we lose a high scoring game by one goal, we still advance.

There isn't really any altitude to worry about in Monterrey, it's at 540 m. (Mexico City, where the trained, is around 2,250 m.) I think Monterrey is very hot & humid in the summer, but fine now. So far for next Wednesday they're predicting a high of 17 C (feels like 17 C, i.e. minimal humidity); low of 12, but a 90% chance of pretty heavy rain.

InDa_110
03-08-2018, 10:51 PM
Anyone who believes Vasquez will not start if he is even 50 percent healthy is really not in touch with reality. I'm sorry. As the guy from Italy who was with me last night at the game said once Vasquez came on: "He is clearly the director, they play so much bigger with him in the game".
Also, Tigres is so much more like the competition Aketxe is accustomed to, as opposed to Columbus, that I will bet he starts too. Where does that leave Osorio and Delgado...I don't know. Even as well as Osorio has been playing, he probably will not start.

James17930
03-08-2018, 11:24 PM
Anyone who believes Vasquez will not start if he is even 50 percent healthy is really not in touch with reality. I'm sorry. As the guy from Italy who was with me last night at the game said once Vasquez came on: "He is clearly the director, they play so much bigger with him in the game".
Also, Tigres is so much more like the competition Aketxe is accustomed to, as opposed to Columbus, that I will bet he starts too. Where does that leave Osorio and Delgado...I don't know. Even as well as Osorio has been playing, he probably will not start.

No offense, but I completely disagree. Vanney has shown many times before that he will stick with a winning starting line-up. I'm pretty confident he'll run out the same 11 next time and make his sub decisions based on the way the game is going.

Starting VV at only 50%, then having to sub him off 20 mins in would be semi-disastrous.

Hamilton_Red
03-08-2018, 11:58 PM

Monterrey isn't high altitude - it's not Mexico City. The conditions will be excellent. The only issue is that they have a very good team with great support. It will be amazing.

I made a few posts about parking the bus...I have no confidence that we could do it. I watched the second half again this evening and we really dominated them...Giovinco...Altidore...Osorio..Delgado could all have had additional goals. We turned it up a gear big time after they scored. It could have been 5-1 with a bit of luck. This TFC has so much character - our confidence and swagger came back. Let's have a goal...an early go will scare the crap out of them.

Hamilton_Red
03-09-2018, 12:02 AM
No offense, but I completely disagree. Vanney has shown many times before that he will stick with a winning starting line-up. I'm pretty confident he'll run out the same 11 next time and make his sub decisions based on the way the game is going.

Starting VV at only 50%, then having to sub him off 20 mins in would be semi-disastrous.

You have to start Osorio and Delgado... the ballsy decision would be to start Giovinco on the bench and only bring him on if we need a goal. Vasquez as the number 10 feeding Altidore could get the job done.

Hamilton_Red
03-09-2018, 12:03 AM
[QUOTE=Auzzy;1864918 but a 90% chance of pretty heavy rain.[/QUOTE]

Bring on the rain...we always win in the rain!

Hamilton_Red
03-09-2018, 12:10 AM

AS much as Zavaletta has had some very poor clearances...he's got job 1 done for the most part. He defended very well. Mavinga as much as he had a game saving tackle at the end to save a goal.... was at fault for the first goal. Yes it was a brilliant goal - but he shouldn't have had the chance. I think Zav's injury is more the issue. You have to play 100% fit.

Bigger question for me is whether you start Auro over VdW?

notthesun
03-09-2018, 12:21 AM
You have to start Osorio and Delgado... the ballsy decision would be to start Giovinco on the bench and only bring him on if we need a goal. Vasquez as the number 10 feeding Altidore could get the job done.

Need Giovinco for his free kick ability in this type of game IMO.

OgtheDim
03-09-2018, 06:57 AM
Seba is the player you can see they all fear.

He's also the one MLS player that Liga Mx fans mention, enjoy watching, admire & wish they could have (thus the rumours this week).

Jack
03-09-2018, 07:47 AM
While I agree that you start a fit Vazquez, he’s nowhere near that. Osorio and Delgado played some pretty dogged defence against Tigres and we need that. Delgado made the key pass for Jozy’s goal and Oso made a couple of dangerous plays and of course scored (and he was soooo lucky it worked). Aketxe will probably force things eventually, but he’s not quite there yet. On paper, Vazquez/Aketxe are the better pair, but on current form, Delgado/Osorio make a strong case. Either way, it’s a positive thing that we can even have these discussions.

ensco
03-09-2018, 08:10 AM
Somebody wants to sit Seba!... now I have seen everything.

JT Red127
03-09-2018, 08:30 AM
the ballsy decision would be to start Giovinco on the bench and only bring him on if we need a goal.

I would use another word rather than "ballsy".

Red CB Toronto
03-09-2018, 08:45 AM
Somebody wants to sit Seba!... now I have seen everything.

Man, that notion just leaves me shaking my head, who would ever think that would be a good idea.

Globetrotter
03-09-2018, 08:55 AM
We saw the benefit of having Vasquez out of the lineup. It forced Bradley to move to the center of the midfield and put him in some attacking situations. When VV is on the field, Bradley tends to play deeper - and we've witnessed some very big disconnect in terms of moving the ball forward creatively in the middle of the field. Delgado being in last game gave Bradley some freedom to roam.

It's a game like this that having Cheyrou on the field would mean the world. Bradley could do what he did last game - with even more comfort knowing that Cheyrou would be more than capable of back filling.

Bradley needs to play higher like he did last game... but there HAS to be coverage. If Delgado isn't on the field, what shape do we need, or what players will support Bradley? VV wont. Osorio wont. AA wont. So how do you keep Delgado out of the game? If VV or AA are in the starting lineup, that means you pull Osorio. Can either of them be a workhorse the way Osorio has been tracking the ball?

Hamilton_Red
03-09-2018, 09:39 AM
Man, that notion just leaves me shaking my head, who would ever think that would be a good idea.

Tigres coach thought it was a good idea to play Gignac off the bench. 30+ caps for France. We get stuck with a tactical rigidity by having to start two undroppable strikers.

gmacpheetfc
03-09-2018, 09:45 AM

Yes but this is a $75 M payroll in Mexicoo I'd argue it translate to a $30 M payroll in Toronto. From the perspective that you'd have to double or triple my salary for me to move to Monterrey.

Tigres es un chico equipo too. No es un Club America.

paul-collins
03-09-2018, 09:51 AM
We saw the benefit of having Vasquez out of the lineup. It forced Bradley to move to the center of the midfield and put him in some attacking situations. When VV is on the field, Bradley tends to play deeper - ...
Agreed that Bradley needs to be higher, but I don't believe the presence of VV is the reason he drops down. I actually think it's been more the 4-4-2 that has caused him to drop in between the 2 CBs.

In that regard, 3-5-2 with Moor on the field has given Bradley a little more forward freedom.

Canary10
03-09-2018, 09:59 AM

I agree with this assessment. Game was played at a way faster speed than we see in MLS games. I think a lot of his passing problems were due to fear of being caught in possession.

TFC Tifoso
03-09-2018, 10:01 AM
Tigres coach thought it was a good idea to play Gignac off the bench. 30+ caps for France. We get stuck with a tactical rigidity by having to start two undroppable strikers.

not quite apples to apples....Tigres has Valencia and Vargas with similarly impressive resumes to Ginac.

unless the skeptics (me included) are missing something, the suggestion here seems to be resting Giovinco and starting a (possibly not 100%) Vasquez, at the same time resulting in a formation that we've never played before, in a game of this magnitude.....doesn't seem to add up.....

Hamilton_Red
03-09-2018, 10:23 AM
not quite apples to apples....Tigres has Valencia and Vargas with similarly impressive resumes to Ginac.

unless the skeptics (me included) are missing something, the suggestion here seems to be resting Giovinco and starting a (possibly not 100%) Vasquez, at the same time resulting in a formation that we've never played before, in a game of this magnitude.....doesn't seem to add up.....

You are right - regarding 100% fit Vasquez..not an option to play him if not fit. Also right that this wouldn't be the game to try it out. A league away game to say Atlanta might be the place to try it out... if we were polished at playing with a single striker and having it in the arsenal of options we would be a stronger team overall. This is absolutely the type of game where you would consider "parking the bus".

MightyDM
03-09-2018, 10:39 AM
You are right - regarding 100% fit Vasquez..not an option to play him if not fit. Also right that this wouldn't be the game to try it out. A league away game to say Atlanta might be the place to try it out... if we were polished at playing with a single striker and having it in the arsenal of options we would be a stronger team overall. This is absolutely the type of game where you would consider "parking the bus".

if we want to play 3-6-1 the “1” has to be Jozy ( or Hamilton but not in a CCL game). So there is a logic to sitting Gio or playing 3-5-1-1. But not this match. He was incredible last game, worked hard, and dominant on the ball. Personally, I like him playing a little more withdrawn as he did in the first leg. Highly effective.

the interesting thing is how Delgado and Oso have stepped up and are becoming difficult to dislodge, particularly due to their defensive work rate. VV and AA have some competition and will have to contribute both ways.

next game I think it’s Hagglund for Zav otherwise unchanged line up.

Canary10
03-09-2018, 10:43 AM
if we want to play 3-6-1 the “1” has to be Jozy ( or Hamilton but not in a CCL game). So there is a logic to sitting Gio or playing 3-5-1-1. But not this match. He was incredible last game, worked hard, and dominant on the ball. Personally, I like him playing a little more withdrawn as he did in the first leg. Highly effective.

the interesting thing is how Delgado and Oso have stepped up and are becoming difficult to dislodge, particularly due to their defensive work rate. VV and AA have some competition and will have to contribute both ways.

next game I think it’s Hagglund for Zav otherwise unchanged line up.

Oso and Delgado are creating selection head aches. Lol.

TFC Tifoso
03-09-2018, 10:45 AM

Sure, having options is always good.....I just don't think our current group of players match well in a single striker set up....doing so would meant that Giovinco and Vasquez would be doing the same work, and probably step on each other's toes, so to speak.....also, Seba has made it pretty clear that he's an attacker, and he'd never be able to be effective playing alone up top....

I don't think the team needs to do much different from the first leg.....imo they need to play the exact same game.....my thinking is that Tigres is scoring 1 goal for sure at home, so we will need 1 at least on Tuesday....coming out with a park the bus mentality would make it too difficult to find the offensive rhythm when its needed.....

Canary10
03-09-2018, 10:49 AM
We've also shown to be effective in absorbing pressure for periods of the game within the 3-5-2 and not conceding. We did that a lot last year, then spring and score.

wopchop
03-09-2018, 11:53 AM
We need to play strong up front. They had great possession of the ball, and midfield control, but their defense was a major weakness and it showed with all of the chances we had.

xrisburn
03-09-2018, 02:34 PM
Almost positive this game is in fact at 11:00PM, not 10:00PM.
If you google "TFC Schedule" it says 11:00PM as well as the fact that the game is listed as a 9:00PM local time start on Ticket Master Mexico...
Monterrey is usually 1 hr behind us, meaning 9:00PM Local is 10:00PM here, however, they will be 2 hrs behind us next Tues as their daylight savings time isn't until early April...

Jack
03-09-2018, 02:50 PM
It's really something, isn't it?

If you google "TFC Schedule" it says 11:00PM as well as the fact that the game is listed as a 9:00PM local time start on Ticket Master Mexico...
Monterrey is usually 1 hr behind us, meaning 9:00PM Local is 10:00PM here, however, they will be 2 hrs behind us next Tues as their daylight savings time isn't until early April...

This sounds right.

OgtheDim
03-09-2018, 03:01 PM

Both TFC & the official CONCACAF site say 10 pm ET

All 4 CONCACAF quarter finals have been 8 pm eastern equivalent starts followed by 10 pm starts

Its the 2 hour window that is important here.

That having been said, it wouldn't put it past CONCACAF to not remember that its DST this weekend & not adjust the timing mentionned to US & Canadian markets.

xrisburn
03-09-2018, 03:16 PM
CONCACAF site says 10:00PM at the bottom where all fixtures are listed, but if you click the TFC match and click preview, it brings up this https://www.concacafchampionsleague.com/en/champions-league/game-detail/424595#tab_match=match-details
Where it says "23:00"
Both TFC & the official CONCACAF site say 10 pm ET

All 4 CONCACAF quarter finals have been 8 pm eastern equivalent starts followed by 10 pm starts

Its the 2 hour window that is important here.

That having been said, it wouldn't put it past CONCACAF to not remember that its DST this weekend & not adjust the timing mentionned to US & Canadian markets.

OgtheDim
03-09-2018, 03:50 PM
Yeah, I just saw that after I typed my quick response. Somebody needs to seek a response from the team on this.

My thread title went with what I saw on both sites yesterday morning but the admins will change it once clarification occurs.

Jack
03-09-2018, 04:53 PM
Fucking CONCACAF :facepalm:

ryan
03-09-2018, 04:57 PM
They are on CST, so currently one hour behind us. We turn our clocks ahead on the weekend, putting us 2hrs ahead of them because they don't do DST until April 1st.

Thus they are going to kick off at 8PM local time, 10PM EST in North America.

Oldtimer
03-09-2018, 05:08 PM
They are on CST, so currently one hour behind us. We turn our clocks ahead on the weekend, putting us 2hrs ahead of them because they don't do DST until April 1st.

That sounds correct. All CCL games so far have kicked off at 8 AFAIK.

MLSE just sent out an email saying 10 pm.

xrisburn
03-09-2018, 05:43 PM
What makes you think they have any intentions of kicking off at 8pm local time? Here is the official verified link from TicketMaster to buy tickets to the game http://www.ticketmaster.com.mx/tigres-v-toronto-monterrey-nuevo-leon-13-03-2018/event/14005363C5AFB600?artistid=880686&majorcatid=10004&minorcatid=11&tm_link=search_msg-1_14005363C5AFB600
Quite clearly: Tigres v. Toronto (http://www.ticketmaster.com.mx/Club-Tigres-boletos/artist/880686?tm_link=edp_Artist_Name)
(http://www.ticketmaster.com.mx/Club-Tigres-boletos/artist/880686?tm_link=edp_Artist_Rating)Estadio Universitario de Monterrey (http://www.ticketmaster.com.mx/Estadio-Universitario-de-Monterrey-boletos-Monterrey/venue/163958?tm_link=edp_Venue_Name_1), Monterrey, NL
Mar 13 Mar 2018, 21:00

Hugh Jazz
03-09-2018, 07:56 PM
It's really something, isn't it?

Why are so many people finding this surprising? Take any run of the mill MLS youngster with a bit of potential, have him train with superior players every week, provide a great coach with a clear system of play and put him in a competitive and winning environment. As long as that player is willing to work they'll get more confident and consistent.

Oldtimer
03-09-2018, 09:47 PM
What makes you think they have any intentions of kicking off at 8pm local time? Here is the official verified link from TicketMaster to buy tickets to the game http://www.ticketmaster.com.mx/tigres-v-toronto-monterrey-nuevo-leon-13-03-2018/event/14005363C5AFB600?artistid=880686&majorcatid=10004&minorcatid=11&tm_link=search_msg-1_14005363C5AFB600
Quite clearly: Tigres v. Toronto (http://www.ticketmaster.com.mx/Club-Tigres-boletos/artist/880686?tm_link=edp_Artist_Name)
(http://www.ticketmaster.com.mx/Club-Tigres-boletos/artist/880686?tm_link=edp_Artist_Rating)Estadio Universitario de Monterrey (http://www.ticketmaster.com.mx/Estadio-Universitario-de-Monterrey-boletos-Monterrey/venue/163958?tm_link=edp_Venue_Name_1), Monterrey, NL
Mar 13 Mar 2018, 21:00

Well, Ticketmaster may not be the official agent of Tigres like they are for MLSE, so Ticketmaster may be wrong.

Obviously either MLSE is wrong or Ticketmaster Mexico is wrong.

OgtheDim
03-09-2018, 11:45 PM
Timing will work itself out and we will know well before kickoff.

We should not be favourites but we are in with a chance here I think.

portu
03-10-2018, 12:10 AM
Proud of the boys for the work they put in.

Don’t think you change Delgado or Oso. But maybe Auro for VDW and Hagglund for Zavs. Otherwise come into the game with the same mentality. If we concede then bring on Ager and Vazquez to chase a draw/penalties in the last half hour.

MightyDM
03-10-2018, 05:48 AM
Proud of the boys for the work they put in.

Don’t think you change Delgado or Oso. But maybe Auro for VDW and Hagglund for Zavs. Otherwise come into the game with the same mentality. If we concede then bring on Ager and Vazquez to chase a draw/penalties in the last half hour.

Thats what I think too.

Derko
03-10-2018, 10:27 AM

This is a nice headache to have, no?

Jack
03-10-2018, 11:06 AM
Why are so many people finding this surprising? Take any run of the mill MLS youngster with a bit of potential, have him train with superior players every week, provide a great coach with a clear system of play and put him in a competitive and winning environment. As long as that player is willing to work they'll get more confident and consistent.
I’m not surprised about the players, I’m happy that we have a deep team.

Auzzy
03-10-2018, 12:39 PM

Now you're really trying to confuse us. :D

Hugh Jazz
03-10-2018, 03:10 PM
I’m not surprised about the players, I’m happy that we have a deep team.

You and me both!

OgtheDim
03-10-2018, 06:32 PM
Tigres playing Tijuana tonight.

Speculation is both teams will put out youth squads.

RealG-TFC
03-10-2018, 07:46 PM
Tigres playing Tijuana tonight.

Speculation is both teams will put out youth squads.

Nope, full strength squad for Tigres

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DX94kkjVoAAomsJ.jpg:large

RealG-TFC
03-10-2018, 08:17 PM
Stream of the game fwiw

http://firstrows.xyz/soccer/xft-u-a-n-l-tigres-club-tijuana-fyz405c4d?l=3096575328

rydermike
03-10-2018, 08:34 PM
Hopefully Tijuana can pot a goal in, forcing Tigres to keep the big guns on the whole game

RealG-TFC
03-10-2018, 09:33 PM
Vargas and Sosa played a little over an hour. Gignac still on the field (who scored the game's only goal so far - a screamer from outside of the box).

Defoe
03-11-2018, 12:27 AM
This is a nice headache to have, no?

When they read Mark Bloom is now a financial advisor it get's them working a little harder lol

Yohan
03-11-2018, 08:49 AM
Vargas and Sosa played a little over an hour. Gignac still on the field (who scored the game's only goal so far - a screamer from outside of the box).https://twitter.com/LIGABancomerMX/status/972649674606858240/video/1

FluSH
03-11-2018, 10:37 AM
Anyone watch the highlights from yesterday?

That goal by Gignac was impressive... power from distance

Oldtimer
03-11-2018, 12:41 PM

Very Giovinco like.

DinamoTFC
03-11-2018, 03:21 PM

There are 11min youtube highlights that are pretty good for each league match. Seems like Tigres won their last two league matches but didn't play that great according to the highlights.

There's also a couple more youtube videos of Gignac vs Giovinco and its remarkable how many similar goals they both scored for their teams.

Great goal. Gignac is definitely a threat. Hagglund needs to stick to him like glue.

Oldtimer
03-11-2018, 03:45 PM
John Molinaro confirms 10pm start with the club.

https://twitter.com/JohnMolinaro/status/972916953235955712?s=20

Hamilton_Red
03-11-2018, 05:51 PM
Can’t seem like to find a TV listing for the game? What channel - anyone know?

wopchop
03-11-2018, 05:58 PM
Can’t seem like to find a TV listing for the game? What channel - anyone know?
I'm seeing it on TSN4/5 for Tuesday at 10pm.

ensco
03-11-2018, 07:43 PM
Gignac is a weird mystery. The guy seems to be lethal, has torn apart the Mexican league, was a dominant Ligue Un player for a big team there (Marseille), has a massive international resume with one of the top five international clubs in the world... yet has never played a minute in one of the four big leagues?

Look at the resumes of our DPs, or Valencia and Vargas ... it’s strange.

Defoe
03-11-2018, 08:58 PM
Gignac is a weird mystery. The guy seems to be lethal, has torn apart the Mexican league, was a dominant Ligue Un player for a big team there (Marseille), has a massive international resume with one of the top five international clubs in the world... yet has never played a minute in one of the four big leagues?

Marseille, Ligue 1 is pretty up there. Liverpool/AC Milan level of class. Ligue 1 is a probably the 5th football ranked league in the world.

charlieocc
03-11-2018, 10:00 PM
I saw someone on Twitter saying the game's actually going to kick off 11 our time, since Mexico won't have done daylight savings yet -- otherwise it'd be 10. Anybody know anything about that?

Defoe
03-11-2018, 10:31 PM
Good video up on TSN about the difficulties of playing in Mexico. It should be a packed 40 k I would think. A chance for them to see players such as Giovinco, Altidore, Bradley.

I think Giovinco, Bradley and Pierre-Andre Gignac are arguably the 3 best players in North America.

RealG-TFC
03-11-2018, 11:06 PM
I saw someone on Twitter saying the game's actually going to kick off 11 our time, since Mexico won't have done daylight savings yet -- otherwise it'd be 10. Anybody know anything about that?

It's been confirmed it at 10pm. Even Tigres released a tweet about it, much to the chagrin of supporters because their ticket stubs read (21:00) even though it's really kicking off at 20:00 local time (10pm for us)

ensco
03-12-2018, 12:28 AM
Marseille, Ligue 1 is pretty up there. Liverpool/AC Milan level of class. Ligue 1 is a probably the 5th football ranked league in the world.

We disagree on this. I kind of like Marseille, I have seen them play (all this long before Cheyrou), but Marseille sell all their better players to the likes of Liverpool and Milan, no way are they on or even close to that level.

Oldtimer
03-12-2018, 05:29 AM

Look up a few posts at my previous post and link. John Molinaro confirmed 10pm.

JohnnyEnglish
03-12-2018, 10:28 AM

Before his last two seasons at Marseille he was underwhelming. Bielsa told him at one point he needed to lose weight to get into the team, he was considered lazy. He turned down a few big clubs to move to Mexico though,Inter Milan being one.

Defoe
03-12-2018, 12:00 PM
We disagree on this. I kind of like Marseille, I have seen them play (all this long before Cheyrou), but Marseille sell all their better players to the likes of Liverpool and Milan, no way are they on or even close to that level.

Marseille is probably just a tiny notch below, imo

Greatest Ripoff
03-12-2018, 04:59 PM
Un Big Mac pour Gignac.

TheSloanRanger
03-12-2018, 05:47 PM
This game reminds me a lot of Atlanta away at the end of the year last year. The talk of the stadium and the crowd and the pressures on the team. Perhaps we'll see Seba having another sip of beer ..?
Big game for a big team...can't wait !!

Globetrotter
03-12-2018, 08:04 PM
We're very lucky to have a team and set of players that are this good to be playing in such a big and exciting game. Really looking forward to see what they bring to the field tomorrow night and how it stacks up.

Hamilton_Red
03-12-2018, 08:12 PM
Shit reason I couldn't find the listing was that I was looking on Wednesday! Almost missed it.

Feel that the team really found it's confidence and character last week. If they keep that up we can win this. The new players will learn fast what it means to play for the Champions...you have to bring your best or you sit.

GBV
03-12-2018, 10:21 PM
Line:
Toronto +639
Tigres -194
Draw +317

Oldtimer
03-12-2018, 10:29 PM
Line:
Toronto +639
Tigres -194
Draw +317

Odds very heavy against TFC. Just the way they like it.

TFC07
03-13-2018, 12:26 AM
X-factor for this game will be ref.

CONCACAF refs aren't the best especially in hostile environment. There's a good chance that TFC might be CONCACAF'd tomorrow night.

TFC07
03-13-2018, 12:27 AM
Line:
Toronto +639
Tigres -194
Draw +317

Damn, not looking good for TFC.

Offside goal
03-13-2018, 06:53 AM
X-factor for this game will be ref.

CONCACAF refs aren't the best especially in hostile environment. There's a good chance that TFC might be CONCACAF'd tomorrow night.

THIS is what I've been worried about all week. MLS site says refs are to be announced.

Is it even possible that the refs are US based and not from another CONCACAF country?

Initial B
03-13-2018, 07:29 AM
I'm hoping they get through, but dreading that they won't. I'm not going to get much work done today...

OgtheDim
03-13-2018, 08:21 AM
Last week, we had one of the more experienced CONCACAF refs - Costa Rican. In the game at BMO against Colorado, we had an experienced Mexican ref. In neither case did anybody really notice them.

We'll see what happens in this game but the days of every CONCACAF ref being incompetent are gone.

ManUtd4ever
03-13-2018, 08:21 AM
I'll gladly take a 3-2 scoreline in their favor tonight. Just go at them.

Derko
03-13-2018, 08:22 AM
THIS is what I've been worried about all week. MLS site says refs are to be announced.

Is it even possible that the refs are US based and not from another CONCACAF country?

Gieger and co.

JoesphNdo
03-13-2018, 08:33 AM
Odds very heavy against TFC. Just the way they like it.

That's to win the game, the bookmakers have us as the *very* slight underdogs in more or less a 50/50 coinflip to qualify for the next round which I think is a pretty great position for us to be in when you look at the draw initially

JT Red127
03-13-2018, 09:06 AM
Other than Shoeless any other ideas on decent places (west end) to catch the match tonight?

Rene Kingsriver
03-13-2018, 09:48 AM
Other than Shoeless any other ideas on decent places (west end) to catch the match tonight?

I saw on the Kings twitter that The Wheatsheaf will be showing it

EL DUQUE'----'
03-13-2018, 11:59 AM
I see Tigres...then remind myself, we have The Beast running at them...bold prediction of a penalty against Jozy tonight...

Xcalibur815
03-13-2018, 12:42 PM
anyone grabbing the game in Mississauga (SW) area?

Luanda
03-13-2018, 03:25 PM
I see nothing on the Tigres website (http://www.tigres.com.mx/) regarding tonight's game.
Correct me if I am wrong.
Would Tigres be underestimating TFC to such an extent?

Jack
03-13-2018, 03:35 PM
I see nothing on the Tigres website (http://www.tigres.com.mx/) regarding tonight's game.

I looked through their press and news area and there's nothing about the last match against us. Weird...

molenshtain
03-13-2018, 04:00 PM
I've been informed that Vazquez is still not ready to start tonight. Is this true? I can't find a source for it?

OgtheDim
03-13-2018, 04:13 PM
He travelled - there are pics. He was in training too.

Everything else is spec.

ensco
03-13-2018, 05:25 PM
Anyone tried streaming via go90.com before?

stegosaurus
03-13-2018, 05:55 PM

Works fine. Just use a VPN with a US IP.

mauser09
03-13-2018, 06:30 PM

I noticed they didn't post anything on Instagram either, they did post on their twitter though.

Yohan
03-13-2018, 06:41 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jL4KUmo_7iU

RealG-TFC
03-13-2018, 07:03 PM
I really wish that were produced after tonight's game. Like Bradley said, it's only half-time.

TheSloanRanger
03-13-2018, 07:07 PM
Pathetic crowd at Nyrb.... wtf!?!?

molenshtain
03-13-2018, 07:11 PM
Pathetic crowd at Nyrb.... wtf!?!?

It's New Jersey and it's a weekday. They're lucky to hover around 50% capacity on games like this.

Areathrasher
03-13-2018, 08:09 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DYNfRL5UMAUPmkn.jpg

Joe Kool
03-13-2018, 08:11 PM

I am using it right now with my VPN to watch the NYRB game. Works good.

Red CB Toronto
03-13-2018, 08:12 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DYNfRL5UMAUPmkn.jpg

Globetrotter
03-13-2018, 08:20 PM
Hamilton and no Ricketts?

Has Ricketts fallen out of favor? He hasn't played in FOREVER. If i remember, he was barely used late season/playoffs.

ensco
03-13-2018, 08:27 PM
I am using it right now with my VPN to watch the NYRB game. Works good.

Thanks.

wopchop
03-13-2018, 08:27 PM
Hamilton and no Ricketts?

Has Ricketts fallen out of favor? He hasn't played in FOREVER. If i remember, he was barely used late season/playoffs.

He had some type of thryoid issue in February that sidelined him.

I'm sure that I saw him suited up and about to sub on for the last game versus Tigres - right before they switched off Delgado and VDW.

ensco
03-13-2018, 08:33 PM
Works fine. Just use a VPN with a US IP.

Thanks.

Globetrotter
03-13-2018, 08:33 PM
He had some type of thryoid issue in February that sidelined him.

I'm sure that I saw him suited up and about to sub on for the last game versus Tigres - right before they switched off Delgado and VDW.

Both true. Do thyroid issues have flare ups? (I know nothing about them). He's not even listed as a sub. I guess it must be health, which is strange though as he was moments away from getting some time on the field last game.

MightyDM
03-13-2018, 08:37 PM
I've been informed that Vazquez is still not ready to start tonight. Is this true? I can't find a source for it?

He's been outplayed. By Osorio. Plus he is hurt.

MightyDM
03-13-2018, 08:40 PM
What a bench. Except for DeRo and Julian, none of our starters were that good just a few years ago

molenshtain
03-13-2018, 08:44 PM
Both true. Do thyroid issues have flare ups? (I know nothing about them). He's not even listed as a sub. I guess it must be health, which is strange though as he was moments away from getting some time on the field last game.

I don't know what type of Thyroid issue he had but if it has to do with hormone production (which almost all thyroid issues are) it would really effect an athlete's ability to perform. Intense exhaustion, lost appetite etc.

molenshtain
03-13-2018, 08:46 PM
He's been outplayed. By Osorio. Plus he is hurt.

through 4 games, only 2 of which Vazquez had any meaningful role due to his injury.

Alonso
03-13-2018, 08:53 PM

Dude I literally just came on here to share this with everyone after hearing about it on the MLS Extratime Radio Podcast.

Using Hola! chrome browser extension VPN

It's free to stream, and works great.

OgtheDim
03-13-2018, 09:01 PM
kickoff supposedly around 10:15

James17930
03-13-2018, 09:02 PM
Anyone have any bare bones, non-fancy VPN streams?

My regular site isn't updating properly right now.

ensco
03-13-2018, 09:03 PM
Dude I literally just came on here to share this with everyone after hearing about it on the MLS Extratime Radio Podcast.

Using Hola! chrome browser extension VPN

It's free to stream, and works great.

It is working great for me too!

Thanks all

PizzaEatingYeti
03-13-2018, 09:03 PM
Please post streams!
Thanks.

Defoe
03-13-2018, 09:05 PM
common TSN put on the damn game

molenshtain
03-13-2018, 09:07 PM
for streamers:

http://goatdee.net/

James17930
03-13-2018, 09:07 PM
I've only got a Spanish stream so far. I'll post English if I find it:

http://cdn.livetvcdn.net/webplayer.php?t=ifr&c=893212&lang=en&eid=640342&lid=893212&ci=248&si=1

Nico
03-13-2018, 09:11 PM
For a few suggestions, see https://www.reddit.com/r/soccerstreams/comments/849qfn/0200am_gmt_tfc_vs_tigres/

Defoe
03-13-2018, 09:15 PM
Are they not playing it on TV?

Boddington
03-13-2018, 09:15 PM
https://www.smashcast.tv/xcaliber93

Auzzy
03-13-2018, 09:17 PM

It's on TSN4

benito
03-13-2018, 09:17 PM

its on tsn4

benito
03-13-2018, 09:25 PM
The crowd seems pretty loud

wopchop
03-13-2018, 09:25 PM
Feeling tense! Love it.

Ajax TFC
03-13-2018, 09:26 PM
Not surprisingly, only thing Caldwell is interested in talking about is defense

Globetrotter
03-13-2018, 09:28 PM
Tigres is so fast to close in and cut off passes

Richard
03-13-2018, 09:30 PM
Great atmosphere at the stadium!

wopchop
03-13-2018, 09:33 PM
Morrow out with an injury - Auro coming on.

notthesun
03-13-2018, 09:44 PM
Zavaleta scares me at this level...

Richard
03-13-2018, 09:48 PM
Mavinga is such a gem.

wopchop
03-13-2018, 09:49 PM
Beautiful tackle by Mavinga! Damn

BenRhodes23
03-13-2018, 09:50 PM
I'm tired of the Tigres players diving. Not sure which player it was just now but he was rolling around like an idiot and the referee blew the whistle after a minute at least, and he jumped back up. I thought the rule was that you shouldn't stop play unless it's a head injury

MartinUtd
03-13-2018, 09:50 PM
Moor having a terrible game so far.

Richard
03-13-2018, 09:54 PM
For a team that's supposedly in mid season form they sure are not connecting. We are lucky this is still 0-0, their pace going forward is to much for us right now.

wopchop
03-13-2018, 09:59 PM
For a team that's supposedly in mid season form they sure are not connecting. We are lucky this is still 0-0, their pace going forward is to much for us right now.

Momentum has shifted a bit. Getting a bit scary with the chances.

benito
03-13-2018, 10:01 PM
Momentum has shifted a bit. Getting a bit scary with the chances.

half time can’t come soon enough!

OgtheDim
03-13-2018, 10:03 PM
Bono has had a bit of a shocker.

As important, we can't string two passes together - we did for the first 15 minutes and then after the Morrow injury, everybody seemed to lose confidence.

We don't look like scoring - that is bad.

Yohan
03-13-2018, 10:05 PM
jesus christ. Moor and Zavaleta having a shocker of a game so far

Richard
Alright close up shop. Play some Preki ball 2nd half.

notthesun
Yeeeesh... if that 1st half told me anything it's that we need to get a TAM CB.

MartinUtd
03-13-2018, 10:07 PM
I wouldn't put that on Morrow being injured, Auro has filled in quiet nicely.

Delgado playing with his head down again hasn't helped our outlets either.

wopchop
03-13-2018, 10:07 PM
jesus christ. Moor and Zavaleta having a shocker of a game so far
Yes, they need to use this half time to get back on the same page. Mavinga and Bono holding things together.

There is hope. We know these guys can do it. Need to refocus and play like that first quarter of the half.

mowe
03-13-2018, 10:09 PM
Nil-nil at the half, I'll take it. We need to make some adjustments though, Tigres are knocking.

molenshtain
03-13-2018, 10:09 PM
Yeeeesh... if that 1st half told me anything it's that we need to get a TAM CB.

we already have one.

tfcfans
03-13-2018, 10:10 PM
Like others have said - Moor and Zavaleta are terrifying --- all things considered though, I think we all would take 0-0 at the half.....

NolbertoS
03-13-2018, 10:10 PM
Can't see TFC parking the bus in the 2nd half. All Tigres needs is a goal and then forces TFC to open up, as they'll be eliminated and Tigres will carve them up. TFC has come along way, since the Aron Winter CCL Semi-final

RealG-TFC
03-13-2018, 10:12 PM
I feel like Van der Wiel has made a few good runs but Delgado never gives him that ball to get behind. This game is crying out for Vazquez. 1 goal and they go through. We need to score.

OgtheDim
03-13-2018, 10:12 PM
We have to score at least once because Tigres is going to score.

About Bono - I counted 3 times he didn't come for the ball on over the top passes - Gignac got to one but was so surprised, he flubbed the chance. And on at least two occassions, he did goal kicks right to the their FB's, who didn't have a TFC player within 30 yards. On one of those occassions, this led to sustained pressure and two chances.

He looks like the atmosphere is getting to him. Needs to play his game.

tfcfans
03-13-2018, 10:13 PM
This seems like a "first goal wins" kind of game.....

SoccMan2
03-13-2018, 10:14 PM
I’ve seen this story many times, Tigres is just the better team and now playing at home they are even more dangerous, the only way we have hope here is if we can score first we might have a chance if Tigres scores first I think the floodgates will open.

notthesun
03-13-2018, 10:14 PM
we already have one.

Need another.

edit: Actually is Mavinga even a TAM player? Not listed on the 2017 list of TAM players from the MLS site and his contract extension announcement didn't mention TAM either.

flatpicker
03-13-2018, 10:15 PM
Not nervous at all...

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BxrzV5eCMAElsEa.jpg

ensco
03-13-2018, 10:15 PM
Christ. This game is going to kill me.
We need to connect on the counter. We can do it.

molenshtain
03-13-2018, 10:17 PM
Need another.

we just pulled off the best season in MLS history and are taking the best team in this continents history to the brink of elimination. We don't *need* anything.

Initial B
03-13-2018, 10:21 PM
The game is making me want to take up smoking. Or drinking. Or both.

notthesun
03-13-2018, 10:21 PM
we just pulled off the best season in MLS history and are taking the best team in this continents history to the brink of elimination. We don't *need* anything.

I want to dominate this region. So okay, I want a TAM CB then.

Moor's showing his age. I love the guy, but he's getting up there now.

wopchop
03-13-2018, 10:22 PM
There we go. More of that counter boys.

Edit: and as soon as I say that, it never happens again! We need the ball. This is scary.

Yohan
03-13-2018, 10:36 PM
oh feck. Mavinga subbed out for Hagglund.

this is not good

benito
03-13-2018, 10:36 PM
Mavinga injured. Not good

burlington Red
03-13-2018, 10:37 PM
Ouch Mavinga off. Our best defender. Moor has been terrible

PizzaEatingYeti
03-13-2018, 10:37 PM
Take down Delgado, he was disaster today, put in fucking Vasquez, we had zero power going forward, and continuing like this we won't score in 100 years here.
Tigres will score at least 1!

Edit:
Maviga down, we are in huge pain, will be a miracle if we qualify!

flatpicker
03-13-2018, 10:38 PM
Fuck yeah!!!

Not pretty... but I'll take it!

tfcfans
WOW!!!!!

Richard
Oh thank god.

Oldtimer
03-13-2018, 10:39 PM
Yeah!!!!!

wopchop
Jesus!

burlington Red
Boom.

notthesun
Osorio creates ANOTHER goal.

BenRhodes23
03-13-2018, 10:40 PM
What a pass from Osorio to Giovinco

Globetrotter
03-13-2018, 10:40 PM
30 minutes of insanity to go. We need 1 more goal.

BenRhodes23
03-13-2018, 10:41 PM
Take down Delgado, he was disaster today, put in fucking Vasquez, we had zero power going forward, and continuing like this we won't score in 100 years here.
Tigres will score at least 1!

Edit:
Maviga down, we are in huge pain, will be a miracle if we qualify!

You sent that a few minutes early mate :)

Blindside16
03-13-2018, 10:41 PM
Fuck YES!!! Now just stay tight and ride this out

Ajax TFC
03-13-2018, 10:42 PM
Need a midfield sub. Anyone for anyone. Just get some fresh legs out there

wopchop
03-13-2018, 10:43 PM
Ah fuck.

Still in this ... Gotta keep focus.

tfcfans
03-13-2018, 10:43 PM
Crap ---- can we just fast-forward to the end so I don't have to watch this next 25 minutes or so.....:facepalm:

flatpicker
03-13-2018, 10:44 PM
Damn!

Ajax TFC
03-13-2018, 10:44 PM
Foly huck. Should have a drink every time Caldwell says momentum

wopchop
03-13-2018, 10:46 PM
They still need one just to go to penalties. Now they are gonna keep coming. Just listen to that crowd - they are fucking demanding it.

Globetrotter
03-13-2018, 10:47 PM
Ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

flatpicker
Fuck yes, Giovinco!!!!!

tfcfans
Wowwwwwwww

ag futbol
Bam!! What a goal!

benito
Bravo!

burlington Red
03-13-2018, 10:48 PM
Boom.

wopchop
Yes. Seba.

Oldtimer
Yes!!!!!!!!!!

BenRhodes23
Legend. Tigres now need 3 goals in 15 minutes

Richard
03-13-2018, 10:49 PM
That's why you pay him the big money.

Tyler
oh. my. word.

TMAN80
Unreal!

catz4ever
03-13-2018, 10:50 PM
Holy shit!!!! When things were looking bad! Can’t wait to party it up in Montreal

InDa_110
03-13-2018, 10:50 PM
Hold your balls boys!!!

NolbertoS
03-13-2018, 10:51 PM
Well, I think TFC has done to get this far. I honestly thing Tigres didn't take TFC seriously, only using Gignac and a few starters half the game for the 1st leg and they're paying it dearly now in the 2nd leg. I expect Club America, do not take TFC lightly and probably bring a full team for both legs. I think Club America will be harder, as Mexico City is higher elevation than Monterrey, so alot more people will be clasping for air. Good luck in the semi-finals.

Edit: It's good for MLS, that Liga MX will have to take the tournament seriously to have full teams for both legs, its a win-win for CONCACAF.

benito
03-13-2018, 10:55 PM
10 minutes to go!

tfcfans
03-13-2018, 10:56 PM
A yellow? for what?

James17930
03-13-2018, 10:56 PM
Whoo baby. A bit sloppy but damn, this game has been entertaining.

Oldtimer
03-13-2018, 10:58 PM
Tigres making desperate shots from distance.

James17930
Players have been slipping all game.

tfcfans
Yeesh.....

RedsYNWA
How does Gio not get a game on a shitty Italian National team ?

ag futbol
Profoundly stupid play there by hagglund. Time to dig in.

Ajax TFC
Hagglund...

wopchop
03-13-2018, 10:59 PM
Sheit!

They need two now.

PizzaEatingYeti
03-13-2018, 11:00 PM
Those fuckers can easily score 2 more goals if we are not 100% concentrated, they are going after every ball!

Tfc/lfc
Brutal from haggland.

flatpicker
Dear god! This is too much to handle!

Ajax TFC
03-13-2018, 11:01 PM
Holy fuck hagglund gives me anxiety

wopchop
Those fuckers can easily score 2 more goals if we are not 100% concentrated, they are going after every ball!
Yeah, definitely. Focus boys!

OgtheDim
Ugh...Vanney SCREAMING at the team to not play the ball back to the back line but take it forward. We had a 3 on 3 and then putzed around with it without using up the clock.

PizzaEatingYeti
03-13-2018, 11:03 PM
Can we play 5 more minutes without conceeding twice?

wopchop
03-13-2018, 11:04 PM
Dear God!

PizzaEatingYeti
03-13-2018, 11:04 PM
We are totally broken down, defense is shambles...

benito
03-13-2018, 11:05 PM
3 mins to go

wopchop
03-13-2018, 11:06 PM
Auro is a beast down that left side. Love it.

TFC really falling apart at the back, but we got a bad run of luck this one with injuries - really limited options.

tfcfans
03-13-2018, 11:06 PM
Yeesh.....

ag futbol
03-13-2018, 11:07 PM
Well he was generally an okay red until that point. Garbage decision.