PDA

View Full Version : Who’s going to Mexico?

FluSH
03-08-2018, 06:45 AM
What a night!!!!

I know two people heading down to Mexico! And I am sure I wasn’t the only one looking for flights yesterday!

If you are going post up! Get your roadtrip banner and flags ready and hunker down!

gmacpheetfc
03-08-2018, 12:35 PM
Delta via Atlanta Sunday Wednesday trip is $556...........................

FluSH
03-08-2018, 06:29 PM
Delta via Atlanta Sunday Wednesday trip is $556...........................

Oh man!!!

Jcm144
03-14-2018, 09:29 AM
Oh man!!!

https://nextdeparture.ca/flight-deal/toronto-or-montreal-to-cancun-or-mexico-city-226-to-297-cad-roundtrip-including-taxes-non-stop-flights/

Starting at $270 booking it in Spanish. Not bad

Red4ever
03-14-2018, 10:11 AM
$450CDN out of Buffalo

JT Red127
03-14-2018, 10:28 AM
$478 Toronto to Mexico City
Mon April 9 to Thurs April 12

Justin10000
03-14-2018, 12:38 PM
Highly likely.
Just need to confirm the date tomorrow.

JT Red127
03-14-2018, 02:14 PM
Interjet...decent airline actually. Go to their site, but select the Mexican site in Spanish. You can find a flight that week for $260 return.

FootBallAZ
03-15-2018, 07:58 PM
Is visiting Mexico, dangerous? Tickets being under 500 seems reasonable being a couple weeks out ,other half says its so dangerous..

Any insight would be appreciated .

FluSH
03-15-2018, 08:48 PM
Is visiting Mexico, dangerous? Tickets being under 500 seems reasonable being a couple weeks out ,other half says its so dangerous..

I’ve never been to Mexico aside from Cancun and Mayan Riviera. I would say you just be street smart and don’t trust strangers. I wish I could go, but I have a work event hat I can’t shake off.

There might be a couple of Spanish Speaking RPB’s going that’s always a bonus.

JT Red127
03-16-2018, 06:47 AM

As Flush said, just dont be stupid. I've been a couple times, last year was down and went to the USA/Mex match when Bradley scored that ridiculous goal. All good, take ubers around, they seem easiest, safe and cheap. Stay around Condessa or Roma Norte, great safe neighbourhoods. Basically in the areas you want to be in and would stay in its a fairly safe place.

Justin10000
03-16-2018, 10:24 AM
Flights and hostel booked. I want to find out who is going so, we can coordinate tickets. Club America is, a huge club,and they have an English page. we might be able to secure excellent tickets as a group.
Keep in mind, Mexico city is safe. It's a world class city with significant economy and strong culture. It's no different than other major cities.

ChrisFizik
03-16-2018, 10:28 AM
Flights and hostel booked. I want to find out who is going so, we can coordinate tickets. Club America is, a huge club,and they have an English page. we might be able to secure excellent tickets as a group.
Keep in mind, Mexico city is safe. It's a world class city with significant economy and strong culture. It's no different than other major cities.

Look for a new thread and info from the Away team soon as they're back from Monterrey and MTL this weekend! Road Warriors up!

Fort York Redcoat
03-16-2018, 12:54 PM
Monterrey was fantastic. I wish I was going to Mexico City but...

Next time we get a Mexican team in CCL I'll be learning more Spanish though. Picking out a word here and there wasn't enough for me.

TheRenter
03-16-2018, 02:07 PM
I'd like to be counted in, if we're doing group tickets.

Right now I'm thinking to hit up Acapulco for 7 days, and in between fly out to Mexico City and back for the match.

Going to try and get a buddy to join, but willing to make the trip solo and meet up with other TFC Supporters.. so please keep me in the loop.....

Thanks,

Johnny

Fort York Redcoat
03-16-2018, 02:30 PM
I'd like to be counted in, if we're doing group tickets.

Right now I'm thinking to hit up Acapulco for 7 days, and in between fly out to Mexico City and back for the match.

Going to try and get a buddy to join, but willing to make the trip solo and meet up with other TFC Supporters.. so please keep me in the loop.....

Thanks,

Johnny

PM others that are going and find a way to stay connected when you're there. The more the merrier.

Share as much info as possible concerning tix.

We ended up just buying away tix at the match.

TheRenter
03-16-2018, 03:28 PM
PM others that are going and find a way to stay connected when you're there. The more the merrier.

Share as much info as possible concerning tix.

We ended up just buying away tix at the match.

Cheers!

FluSH
03-16-2018, 03:55 PM

Next time we get a Mexican team in CCL I'll be learning more Spanish though. Picking out a word here and there wasn't enough for me.

I’ll be shocked if we don’t have a couple of Spanish speaking members going... I wish I could go! I’m seriously dying that I will unfortunately miss this opportunity

Alonso
03-16-2018, 07:18 PM

I lived in Saltillo for six months through work and have family there. Saltillo is to Monterrey as Kitchener-Waterloo is to Toronto.

Monterrey can be dangerous but only if you're meddling in dangerous things. If you're going to watch a football match and hang out at some restaurants and pubs you'll be fine. No worries.

Alonso
03-16-2018, 07:55 PM

Have you tried the Duolingo app?

It's genius.

Great way to learn a new language and for "mostly" free.

Fort York Redcoat
03-17-2018, 10:50 AM
Have you tried the Duolingo app?

It's genius.

Great way to learn a new language and for "mostly" free.

Cheers, Alonso! I'll give it a go! I went with someone who spoke enough Spanish but I'd rather get in on the experience, too.

gmacpheetfc
03-19-2018, 10:29 AM
flight booked to Mexico city.

Anyone else going/know the away section for Azteca?

Justin10000
03-19-2018, 02:38 PM
Cheers, Alonso! I'll give it a go! I went with someone who spoke enough Spanish but I'd rather get in on the experience, too.

Im using Duolingo too. Great app. And also Google translate is amazing. Uses AR to translate signs through your phone.

beaver76
04-02-2018, 02:36 PM
Is there a separate thread for the April 10 game in Mexico City? I am planning on going and wanted to connect with others who will be there too.

Tunnelred
04-03-2018, 12:13 PM
Is there a separate thread for the April 10 game in Mexico City? I am planning on going and wanted to connect with others who will be there too.

Hey guys, any non Red Patch who are heading down to Azteca for the CCL game and are looking for tickets in the away section, reply to this comment or shoot me a PM ASAP. I’ll give you info on how to buy.

Cheers.

DTG
04-05-2018, 04:12 PM
sent a PM but info on away section seats for Azteca would be great!

gmacpheetfc
04-05-2018, 08:02 PM
here is the link to buy tickets; https://m.ticketmaster.com.mx/event/14005462EB93F30D?did=toront

Redpunkfiddle
04-05-2018, 10:21 PM
here is the link to buy tickets; https://m.ticketmaster.com.mx/event/14005462EB93F30D?did=toront

Many if not most would want to be in the away section- not general seating for home fans. The link by Tinnelred was for that section

DTG
04-06-2018, 05:46 PM
Does anyone have any idea how many people are making the trip? My group is 4

djcuse
04-06-2018, 08:26 PM
Does anyone have any idea how many people are making the trip? My group is 4

Hey there DTG, I will be making the trip solo but meeting up with Justin10000.

As a member of the Away Team I'll be putting together info for everyone while in Mexico City..

Feel free to PM me your phone number, as I have put together a WhatsApp group for keeping everyone up on the latest.

When do you arrive?

DTG
04-06-2018, 09:19 PM
On the 840 AC on Monday. Being a Tourist on Monday then would be great to meet up with some supporters. Will shoot over my #

Carefree
04-08-2018, 02:39 PM
My wife and I arrived in Mexico City yesterday and have been doing tourist stuff. There was a guy on my flight wearing a TFC hat but I didn’t get a chance to talk to him.

is anyone planning a meeting before the match? Also, Ticketmaster says I have to pick up the tickets at the stadium on game day. Is that the case for everyone? I bought tickets in section 423, which I believe is the away section.

gmacpheetfc
04-08-2018, 03:00 PM
Wallace Whiskey Bar in Condessa should be open for the champions league matches will get on the beers there.

Couchy81
04-10-2018, 11:24 PM
See you guys in Guadalajara

Lennon
04-11-2018, 08:52 AM
I think I'm going now :D

kodiakTFC
04-11-2018, 09:02 AM
Just a heads up if you’re going to Guadalajara that the city is much more dangerous and violence more prevalent than the last two Mexican destinations. Be very careful, travel in groups.

Lennon
04-11-2018, 09:28 AM
Can't be worse than San Pedro Sula haha.

theaub
04-11-2018, 09:47 AM
San Pedro Sula is one of the safest places to be since we never win there hah

kodiakTFC
04-11-2018, 09:54 AM
San Pedro Sula is one of the safest places to be since we never win there hah

A former colleague of mine was shot at in Guadalajara while he was in a cop car. The city is next level 😉.

Mateo1985
04-11-2018, 10:01 AM
I hear in Guadalajara the violence is so bad they will be shooting our fans at the airport as we land :ihih:

Red4ever
04-11-2018, 10:01 AM
Welcome to Guadalajara!

Come for the soccer, stay because you got murdered!

molenshtain
04-11-2018, 10:03 AM
At least we're not playing Santos Laguna. IIRC last time we played there somoene was shot in the stadium during the game.

Mexico. What a place.

Red4ever
04-11-2018, 10:10 AM
I had a suspicion that the Club might organize something. Perhaps.

RedsYNWA
04-11-2018, 10:15 AM

Surely there would be interest to charter a plane

sstackho
04-11-2018, 11:24 AM
Just a heads up if you’re going to Guadalajara that the city is much more dangerous and violence more prevalent than the last two Mexican destinations. Be very careful, travel in groups.

I haven't been, but I've never read that Guadalajara is particularly unsafe, compared to, say, Mexico City. No warning from the Canadian government travel website about Guadalajara anyway...

molenshtain
04-11-2018, 11:39 AM
I haven't been, but I've never read that Guadalajara is particularly unsafe, compared to, say, Mexico City. No warning from the Canadian government travel website about Guadalajara anyway...

Not to get too into this, but Guadalajara is very much cartel territory and is used as a hub for crap coming up from south america up through the Us Border as well as a port for stuff being shipped through the pacific ocean.

It's not exactly as bad as La Paz but it's certainly not Monterrey.

Mateo1985
04-11-2018, 11:48 AM
The predictions is that every 5th fan won't make it back :stogey::devil:

ensco
04-11-2018, 12:19 PM
I think you guys are overdoing it re dangers of Guadalajara.

Jalisco (the state) is not on the US State Department "do not travel" list
https://www.mercurynews.com/2018/01/10/map-mexicos-worst-places-to-travel-according-to-the-state-department/

There is a lower category, "Reconsider Travel", that Jalisco is in, but Guadalajara is specifically excluded
https://mexiconewsdaily.com/news/travel-warnings-eased-in-tourism-hotspots/

A cursory google search turns up a bunch of things like this
https://www.quora.com/Is-it-safe-to-travel-to-Guadalajara

There are definitely incidents once in a while (six years ago, a charter bus full of tourists was robbed in Puerto Vallarta, which is not far from Guadalajara), an incident that got a ton of press https://www.cnn.com/2012/02/26/world/mexico-cruise-robbery/index.html

But if you look at google links for stories on "tourist robbed guadalajara" or "american robbed guadalajara", there is a story, one story, about the shooting of a consular officer. Not nice. But that's it. You can't find an actual report of an actual crime against a tourist or businessman.

(For comparison: type in "tourist robbed cancun", you'll get a ton of them. Of course there are a lot more tourists in Cancun, so the comparison isn't definitive. But still - Guadalajara is Mexico's second biggest city, there are hundreds of American businessmen travelling there every day)

I think - if you use some basic common sense, eg: avoid being out on the streets without locals at night, avoid public transit... you'll be fine.

Blkndkr
04-11-2018, 12:37 PM
I'm interested.

Surely there would be interest to charter a plane

JoesphNdo
04-11-2018, 12:41 PM
I'm interested.

Me too. $406 return right now if you do Tue-Fri, though, which is pretty tempting itself

Huyton
04-11-2018, 01:23 PM
If a plane is chartered, I want to go.

Red CB Toronto
04-11-2018, 02:10 PM
It's all about being aware, smart and knowing your surroundings. You are in cartel country so just keep your eyes open.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/bodies-left-hanging-motorway-bridge-10771662

TorontoGooner
04-11-2018, 04:21 PM
So who's actually in for this because I'm seriously considering it?

NDIrish
04-11-2018, 07:31 PM
Hello all:

Not a member of RPB, but long time SSH and lurker.

I am serious about going, although was hoping there would be some type of club or supporters organization for being down there. If there is any info at all (hotel, tickets, transportation) for travelling fans would love to hear it.

Thanks in advance.

renda-10
04-11-2018, 07:34 PM
For all away trip information please check the official away thread

JoesphNdo
04-11-2018, 09:55 PM
For all away trip information please check the official away thread

Likely missing something incredibly obvious but where's that?

Tunnelred
04-12-2018, 02:46 AM
Likely missing something incredibly obvious but where's that?

It’s in the members section. Everything we organize goes through members first, and then if there is tickets left it might get opened up to general, like the last round. It’s one of the perks of being a Red Patch Boy.

JoesphNdo
04-13-2018, 09:18 AM
It’s in the members section. Everything we organize goes through members first, and then if there is tickets left it might get opened up to general, like the last round. It’s one of the perks of being a Red Patch Boy.

I don't suppose there's any chance information will be shared with the uninitiated before we go booking flights?

Couchy81
04-13-2018, 09:36 AM
I don't suppose there's any chance information will be shared with the uninitiated before we go booking flights?

I found this on the TFC reddit. Haven't used them personally, maybe give them a call. https://tfcontheroad.ca/collections/bookings/products/champions-league-final

Areathrasher
04-13-2018, 09:58 AM
I found this on the TFC reddit. Haven't used them personally, maybe give them a call. https://tfcontheroad.ca/collections/bookings/products/champions-league-final

Why are they using a picture of Xolos stadium for a game between TFC and Chivas? http://forum.football365.com/images/smilies/picard.gif

Carefree
04-13-2018, 01:05 PM
At the very least members should share the link to buy tickets in the visiting supporters section, like someone did for the game in Mexico City. Without it there is no way to buy tickets specifically in that section on the Ticketmaster website. And I would not have wanted to be sitting with the locals in my TFC gear last Tuesday. While I was waiting in line to pick up my tickets at the will call window (a thoroughly unpleasant experience, but that's another story) I met a guy from Toronto who had bought a seat in the lower bowl, and he was not wearing anything to identify him as a TFC supporter. Where's the fun in that?

Bluenose13
04-13-2018, 01:10 PM
At the very least members should share the link to buy tickets in the visiting supporters section, like someone did for the game in Mexico City. Without it there is no way to buy tickets specifically in that section on the Ticketmaster website. And I would not have wanted to be sitting with the locals in my TFC gear last Tuesday. While I was waiting in line to pick up my tickets at the will call window (a thoroughly unpleasant experience, but that's another story) I met a guy from Toronto who had bought a seat in the lower bowl, and he was not wearing anything to identify him as a TFC supporter. Where's the fun in that?We will post the away "Ticket" link...It's just the travel arrangements that we have to be careful with, due to TICO regulations.

Four 4 Two
04-13-2018, 01:13 PM
I just need to know how to ensure I have a ticket to the match. Everything else will fall into place. Who can tell me how to secure 2 tickets for the away leg in Guadalajara?
If everyone is staying in the same hotel, also cool and I'd love to know the details. Cant find the "members page" even though I'm a paid member.
I've found flight and 4 nights for around $500USD

JT Red127
04-13-2018, 09:55 PM
Is it possible to share a link for tickets? I have no idea how to sit with away support.

Bluenose13
04-13-2018, 10:06 PM
Is it possible to share a link for tickets? I have no idea how to sit with away support.There is no link yet for away supporters tickets.

JT Red127
04-13-2018, 10:48 PM
There is no link yet for away supporters tickets.
Ah ok, thought someone had something. Cool thanks.

max527
04-14-2018, 02:37 PM
Flight booked for Guadalajara. I have friends there to stay with. Been to Guadalajara 3 years ago. Very cool and pretty city to be a tourist in. Not as dangerous as Mexico city IMO. Excited for this visit! Eagerly awaiting ticket info.

TFC-DIE Heart
04-14-2018, 08:26 PM
We are thinking going and I contacted Toronto FC for tickets but they have not contacted me back yet. Does anyone in the PRB know where we can purchase case tickets for the game in Guadalajara on the 25th April ? And how much will they cost us for 2 tickets? Also what section are all the RPB supporters planning to purchase tickets in? We look forward to your reply. I check airline flights with Air Canada Non Stop to Mexico City and then Air Mexico from Mexico City to Guadalajara over $ 1,200 for the 2 of us not cheap but a game that may go down in history we will be there. If some of you guys can suggest other Airlines and prices please let us know? George & Scott

TFC-DIE Heart
04-14-2018, 08:28 PM
When are you planning to post the Ticket Link for the game in Mexico on the 25th April ? Also what section are the RPB supporters group planning to buy tickets in?

TFC-DIE Heart
04-14-2018, 08:30 PM
Can I ask you what airline you booked with to Mexico and Guadalajara ? I\We would like to check out the different options that are available and also the costs of the different airlines leaving Toronto to Mexico for the game. Look forward for your reply. Thanks GW

max527
04-14-2018, 08:34 PM
Can I ask you what airline you booked with to Mexico and Guadalajara ? I\We would like to check out the different options that are available and also the costs of the different airlines leaving Toronto to Mexico for the game. Look forward for your reply. Thanks GW
Going solo for $460 round trip, Sunday to Thursday through Delta with connecting flights. Tickets are also available I believe after Tuesday at https://omniticket.mx/ for the local fans as right now is there season seat presale. I guess we have to wait for tfc section to go on sale.

FluSH
04-14-2018, 09:25 PM
We are thinking going and I contacted Toronto FC for tickets but they have not contacted me back yet. Does anyone in the PRB know where we can purchase case tickets for the game in Guadalajara on the 25th April ? And how much will they cost us for 2 tickets? Also what section are all the RPB supporters planning to purchase tickets in? We look forward to your reply. I check airline flights with Air Canada Non Stop to Mexico City and then Air Mexico from Mexico City to Guadalajara over $ 1,200 for the 2 of us not cheap but a game that may go down in history we will be there. If some of you guys can suggest other Airlines and prices please let us know? George & Scott

You can get a lot cheaper than that! By 1/2
Of that price for two!

FluSH
04-14-2018, 09:26 PM
Going solo for $460 round trip, Sunday to Thursday through Delta with connecting flights. Tickets are also available I believe after Tuesday at https://omniticket.mx/ for the local fans as right now is there season seat presale. I guess we have to wait for tfc section to go on sale.

Nice!! Well done! We will see you there!

PizzaEatingYeti
04-15-2018, 02:03 AM
C$340 .94 + C$134 .58 (taxes) = C$475 .52

Final Total Price (incl. fees) (Bonus applied).
SELECT

https://c.fareportal.com/n/common/air/ai/AC.gif Air CanadaFlight 1980 763 more

08:40am Apr 23, Mon
Take-off:Toronto Pearson Intl (YYZ)

12:15pm Apr 23, Mon
Landing:Mexico City (MEX)

[*=right]NonstopCoach 4h 35m

Layover: 2h 40m

https://c.fareportal.com/n/common/air/ai/AM.gif AeromexicoFlight 228 7S8 more

02:55pm Apr 23, Mon
Take-off:Mexico City (MEX)

04:18pm Apr 23, Mon
Landing:Guadalajara (GDL)

[*=right]NonstopCoach 1h 23m

Total Trip: 8h 38m
(Flight: 5h 58m)

operated by AIR CANADA ROUGE (Flight 1980)

Select this Departure

https://c.fareportal.com/n/common/air/ai/AM.gif AeromexicoFlight 107 7S8 more

10:02am Apr 25, Wed
Take-off:Guadalajara (GDL)

11:30am Apr 25, Wed

[*=right]NonstopCoach 1h 28m

Layover: 2h 15m

https://c.fareportal.com/n/common/air/ai/AC.gif Air CanadaFlight 1981 763 more

01:45pm Apr 25, Wed

07:15pm Apr 25, Wed
Landing:Toronto Pearson Intl (YYZ)

[*=right]NonstopCoach 4h 30m

Total Trip: 8h 13m

operated by AIR CANADA ROUGE (Flight 1981)

Guys, go to https://www.cheapoair.ca, still 2 seats left on this one, plus 2-2 seats same price on 2 other flight returning also on Wednesday, but different time.

djcuse
04-15-2018, 02:50 AM
I really really hope you didn't book that flight!

C$340 .94 + C$134 .58 (taxes) = C$475 .52

Final Total Price (incl. fees) (Bonus applied).
SELECT

https://c.fareportal.com/n/common/air/ai/AC.gif Air CanadaFlight 1980 763 more

08:40am Apr 23, Mon
Take-off:Toronto Pearson Intl (YYZ)

12:15pm Apr 23, Mon

[*=right]NonstopCoach 4h 35m

Layover: 2h 40m

https://c.fareportal.com/n/common/air/ai/AM.gif AeromexicoFlight 228 7S8 more

02:55pm Apr 23, Mon

04:18pm Apr 23, Mon
Landing:Guadalajara (GDL)

[*=right]NonstopCoach 1h 23m

Total Trip: 8h 38m

operated by AIR CANADA ROUGE (Flight 1980)

Select this Departure

https://c.fareportal.com/n/common/air/ai/AM.gif AeromexicoFlight 107 7S8 more

10:02am Apr 25, Wed
Take-off:Guadalajara (GDL)

11:30am Apr 25, Wed

[*=right]NonstopCoach 1h 28m

Layover: 2h 15m

https://c.fareportal.com/n/common/air/ai/AC.gif Air CanadaFlight 1981 763 more

01:45pm Apr 25, Wed

07:15pm Apr 25, Wed
Landing:Toronto Pearson Intl (YYZ)

[*=right]NonstopCoach 4h 30m

Total Trip: 8h 13m

operated by AIR CANADA ROUGE (Flight 1981)

Guys, go to https://www.cheapoair.ca, still 2 seats left on this one, plus 2-2 seats same price on 2 other flight returning also on Wednesday, but different time.

wopchop
04-15-2018, 06:48 AM
Game is actually on Wednesday April 25th.

PizzaEatingYeti
04-15-2018, 08:59 AM
I really really hope you didn't book that flight!

I didn't book it, I'm in Europe right now, lol...
I just posted trying to help guys looking for solutions to get there cheap.

But I thought all games were on Tuesdays, when was this changed?
Or it was initially for Wed, but I knew wrong?

FluSH
04-15-2018, 11:26 AM
Folks!

Time is money! Flights are starting to creep up in price!

If you are going to Mexico... let us know!

We have a solid group going but need more numbers.

We’re organizing ourselves and will send you updates on the board.

If you are an RPB member (or can be vouched for by an RPB member) we have a Road Warriors WhatsApp Group!

Hit me up or Renda for the invite. Again this is for members only or folks that have been vouched for...

JoesphNdo
04-16-2018, 09:12 AM
Folks!

If you are an RPB member (or can be vouched for by an RPB member) we have a Road Warriors WhatsApp Group!

Hit me up or Renda for the invite. Again this is for members only or folks that have been vouched for...

I'm certainly interested in going but have no clue if anyone can 'vouch' for me or not

NDIrish
04-16-2018, 11:02 AM
I'm certainly interested in going but have no clue if anyone can 'vouch' for me or not

I'm in this boat as well. Not a RPB member but very interested in making the trip.

Fort York Redcoat
04-16-2018, 11:39 AM

I'm in this boat as well. Not a RPB member but very interested in making the trip.

Use Private Message just below the sites top banner to "hit them up".

Have a great trip! My trip was amazing.

DTG
04-16-2018, 02:53 PM
Folks!

Possible to get an invite? Was down in Mexico City with everyone at the pub and then game...

FluSH
04-18-2018, 08:56 PM
^^^
Apologies for the late reply folks! I’ve been beyond busy at work.

PM with your telephone number. If you’ve supported with us in Mexico before you’re good in my books! If you only have 2 posts under your name and just joined the forums last week... Thats great but I don’t know you.

bulla25
04-19-2018, 04:11 AM
I have everything booked except for the tickets to the game i need 2 can someone help please season seat holder since 2011