PDA

View Full Version : BMO re-entry

Thomas
02-22-2018, 09:57 PM
I read that people will no longer be able to re enter the stadium after scanning out. I know that quite a few folks like to go out for a smoke or whatever. People should be able to come and go as they please.

BenRhodes23
02-23-2018, 12:21 AM
Also no bags - strange rule

James17930
02-23-2018, 01:12 AM
My guess is that these are the rules they're putting in place to try to stop flares and things like that from getting into the stadium.

nfitz
02-23-2018, 03:58 AM
My guess is that these are the rules they're putting in place to try to stop flares and things like that from getting into the stadium.My guess is something that's come down through MLS, from the United States of Fail, where you get big massacres which don't happen here.

TheGoodson
02-23-2018, 08:03 AM
It's the same policies which are in place at both the Rogers Centre (skydome) and the ACC.

molenshtain
02-23-2018, 08:19 AM
I'm in 221 so I always went for my smoke breaks outside the southwest entrance. I didn't know until late in the season, maybe even the playoffs, that there was a big smoking area outside the north end where you didn't have to get scanned in and out. This will likely be expanded with this policy.

It increasingly looks like we're going the way of ticket policies like they have in England - I'm thinking specifically of Arsenal's newer policy's. Extremely draconian and unfriendly to the fan. All to ensure fans have as few rights as possible and no one but the person who initially bought the ticket can use it. Very troubling.

Areathrasher
02-23-2018, 08:30 AM
I'm in 221 so I always went for my smoke breaks outside the southwest entrance. I didn't know until late in the season, maybe even the playoffs, that there was a big smoking area outside the north end where you didn't have to get scanned in and out. This will likely be expanded with this policy.

Yea, i didn't know about this until the playoffs.

They better fucking keep it.

Donald Duck
02-23-2018, 08:39 AM
:stogey: time to quit smoke

redcard
02-23-2018, 08:48 AM
It increasingly looks like we're going the way of ticket policies like they have in England - I'm thinking specifically of Arsenal's newer policy's. Extremely draconian and unfriendly to the fan. All to ensure fans have as few rights as possible and no one but the person who initially bought the ticket can use it. Very troubling.

I don't think they will stop someone from transferring their ticket to someone else.

But at least the no bags policy will help to speed up the process of getting into the stadium, being stuck behind someone with a bag is not fun.

Discostu81
02-23-2018, 09:12 AM
The bag thing is becoming pretty standard at any arena/stadium since the Manchester bombing. I went to a WWE show at the Hershey Center last night and it was the same there.

Canary10
02-23-2018, 10:01 AM
They make certain exceptions for the no bag policy, but they don't mention a bag for, you know, diapers for your toddler. There better be exceptions for that or I'll be pissed.

Red CB Toronto
02-23-2018, 12:57 PM
It's no bags above a certain size, which has on paper can interpreted one way and how its actually enforced by those at the gate being somewhat different. For instance Major League Baseball has a blanket security policy for all teams and I have seen it enforced very differently at different stadiums. Yankee Stadium is very strict where say the Rogers Centre is a little more lax, especially with bags/knapsacks etc.

The NFL is the strictest overall,.

Carter
02-24-2018, 08:26 AM
Also no bags - strange rule
No backpacks, drawstring bags under 14x14x6 are good to go, this is the same rule as most away parks.

ryan
02-26-2018, 10:30 AM
It's the same policies which are in place at both the Rogers Centre (skydome) and the ACC.

They pass them off as "League" mandated rules. This isn't Canadian law, it's American law under the guise of sports rules.

Red4ever
02-26-2018, 11:01 AM
They pass them off as "League" mandated rules. This isn't Canadian law, it's American law under the guise of sports rules.

I've heard something to the effect that the FBI is present (and running security) for any playoff game where American teams are playing. IE the would have been here for NYRB, Columbus and Seattle.

ryan
02-26-2018, 11:13 AM
I've heard something to the effect that the FBI is present (and running security) for any playoff game where American teams are playing. IE the would have been here for NYRB, Columbus and Seattle.

I've never seen anything like that going on. I may not be aware of it though.

Heepster
02-26-2018, 11:46 AM
The NFL is the strictest overallLast I heard, the NFL allowed only small clear plastic bags.
http://www.nfl.com/allclear

It makes sense to me. Many times recently, not at TFC games but things at other places like Massey Hall and the ACC, I'll get to my seat a few minutes before the game/event is about to start, only to find it already occupied by someone else who doesn't quite understand the general concept of reserved seating and thinks her group of three of four people should somehow automatically get an extra seat or two they didn't pay for, to use for all their shopping bags.

jabbronies
02-26-2018, 11:50 AM
WTF - RE: No Bags

Coming from work - I have a small backpack with cables, Hard drive, keys wallet - pretty much a man purse

So is that not allowed?

Auzzy
02-26-2018, 12:07 PM

Coming from work - I have a small backpack with cables, Hard drive, keys wallet - pretty much a man purse

So is that not allowed?

Yup, not allowed. We have yet to see how tightly they police it though. They announced less rigorous restrictions a few years ago, many of us were upset, but they weren't actually strict about it. I have a feeling it will be much tighter this time.

All these things work better at stadiums where most people drive to the game. They can leave things hidden in their trunk. Although with no more in & out, you also can't go out to grab extra clothing / blankets from your car partway through the game. (I know families that have done that at BMO in the past, when it got cold during the game.) And what does banning in & out privileges have to do with security?

On work days, I guess I'll leave all my stuff at my office, and bike back there after work. I also hope to buy a bike bag that can be locked to my bike, then on cold days I'll wear ALL my extra clothes through the gate, and once inside, stuff them in plastic bags until I need them. Same for my daughter which makes logistics harder. Not sure if that's any safer than just checking my bag as they did in the past, but it's their decision.

Not sure about the reference to the Manchester bombing above. That guy came from outside the arena. Probably the worst spot for an attack at BMO would be outside Gate 1, just before or after the game. Highest concentration of people.

Oh well, I realize it's the times we live in. When my niece from Germany came along to a TFC game, she mentioned things were pretty lax compared to what she was used to. I just wonder how carefully some of these things are thought through. And how much of it is so don't bring in food & drink, rather than security.

TheGoodson
02-26-2018, 12:07 PM

So is that not allowed?

It has to fit with in the following size 14x14x6. If it does then you are fine

Auzzy
02-26-2018, 12:09 PM
It has to fit with in the following size 14x14x6. If it does then you are fine

But they say no backpacks whatsoever.

ryan
02-26-2018, 12:13 PM
Also consider how fucking rammed the south concourse is going to be going forward at halftime. How much worse the bathroom waits will be now that nobody can go piss in the lot/port-a-potties outside. That's going to be the worst part of this IMO.

Auzzy
02-26-2018, 12:15 PM
They mention 14x14x6 drawstring bag as an example. I was thinking of the RPB drawstring bag, which you can also wear on your back, nice for biking or walking. But I noticed it's much too big, about 16x20. I noticed Raptor's fans with appropriate bags. They didn't happen to include one with the TFC season tickets did they? (I haven't seen mine yet.)

Joe Kool
02-26-2018, 12:15 PM

I think if you use the drawstring type of backpack you are ok but the more standard ones with all the pockets and such probably are not allowed. Hard to say until we actually see it enforced.

Auzzy
02-26-2018, 12:16 PM
Also consider how fucking rammed the south concourse is going to be going forward at halftime. How much worse the bathroom waits will be now that nobody can go piss in the lot/port-a-potties outside. That's going to be the worst part of this IMO.

Yup. And most of last season they also didn't open up the Food Building washrooms, I have no idea why. Those helped alot at the other end.

OgtheDim
02-26-2018, 12:24 PM
As mentionned last year when this first came up, the biggest issue with the policy is people with laptop bags from work.

A year ago, I measured one of the various TFC labelled drawstring freebie bags I got over the years - they fit the dimensions.

(this reminds me to bring a clear plastic baggie for all the stuff they want out of our pockets for the wand check - just makes life easier)

I suspect the Food bank building isn't opened due to costs but that really does suck as they consider that patio as within the gates.

TFC Tifoso
02-26-2018, 12:52 PM

the Membership "handbook" that comes with the ST package explicitly says,
- no bags larger than 14" x 14" x 6"
- no backpacks at all
- drawstring bag with a single pouch (similar ones have been given at BMO as promos) allowed as alternative to a backpack, but subject to inspection at the gates

Joe Kool
02-26-2018, 01:34 PM
Speaking of BMO entry. I buy all my tickets for non-TFC events with a Ticketmaster account using a different email than I use for Account Manager and mobile entry tickets are available with no issues in the TM app. I tried to log into the Ticketmaster app with my email that I use for TFC Account Manager and it says it is not an email they have on file. Does anyone have any experience with Mobile Entry with TFC games? I was going to try it tomorrow night. I thought about creating a Ticketmaster account with the same email/password as my Account Manager but I also don't want to screw things up since Account Manager is a Ticketmaster thing. The other thought I had was to send my tickets from the one account to the other but that seems kind of stupid to do every game. Just wondering if anyone went through this kind of thing already.

Cas87
02-26-2018, 01:41 PM
Speaking of BMO entry. I buy all my tickets for non-TFC events with a Ticketmaster account using a different email than I use for Account Manager and mobile entry tickets are available with no issues in the TM app. I tried to log into the Ticketmaster app with my email that I use for TFC Account Manager and it says it is not an email they have on file. Does anyone have any experience with Mobile Entry with TFC games? I was going to try it tomorrow night. I thought about creating a Ticketmaster account with the same email/password as my Account Manager but I also don't want to screw things up since Account Manager is a Ticketmaster thing. The other thought I had was to send my tickets from the one account to the other but that seems kind of stupid to do every game. Just wondering if anyone went through this kind of thing already.

You need the TFC app in order to do mobile entry to TFC games.
In the app you would log-in with your account manager info and they are loaded in-app. From there if you would like you can pull them out to your apple wallet.

Cas87
02-26-2018, 01:45 PM
As mentionned last year when this first came up, the biggest issue with the policy is people with laptop bags from work.

A year ago, I measured one of the various TFC labelled drawstring freebie bags I got over the years - they fit the dimensions.

(this reminds me to bring a clear plastic baggie for all the stuff they want out of our pockets for the wand check - just makes life easier)

I suspect the Food bank building isn't opened due to costs but that really does suck as they consider that patio as within the gates.

I feel that with the new North Grandstand, the Food Building bathrooms will open once again solely due to the extra amount of people at each game now.

the Membership "handbook" that comes with the ST package explicitly says,
- no bags larger than 14" x 14" x 6"
- no backpacks at all
- drawstring bag with a single pouch (similar ones have been given at BMO as promos) allowed as alternative to a backpack, but subject to inspection at the gates

For the first few games, I'd say adhere to what is written BUT, as these are new rules being implemented, the MLSE Usher and Security staff will learn that *some* liberties will be allowed (i.e. weeknight games where most come from work, diaper bags, medical needs, etc).
That doesn't mean show up with luggage or an extra large duffel bag of course.

Enterprise Captain
02-26-2018, 02:13 PM
I'm pretty sure the FBI has no jurisdiction in Canada. This would fall to the RCMP but I bet the RCMP leaves this to TPS unless the Prime Minister is present at the event and even then the RCMP would be looking after security in regards to the PM.

Go to the account manager address: https://oss.ticketmaster.com/html/home.htmI?team=tfc&l=EN with a mobile browser and a mobile version of the site now comes up. You can log in there and use mobile ticketing.

Joe Kool
02-26-2018, 02:24 PM
In the app you would log-in with your account manager info and they are loaded in-app. From there if you would like you can pull them out to your apple wallet.

Ok cool thanks I will check that out. Just assumed it would all go through TM app.

Joe Kool
02-26-2018, 02:25 PM
Go to the account manager address: https://oss.ticketmaster.com/html/home.htmI?team=tfc&l=EN with a mobile browser and a mobile version of the site now comes up. You can log in there and use mobile ticketing.

Thanks.

Enterprise Captain
02-26-2018, 02:34 PM
Ok cool thanks I will check that out. Just assumed it would all go through TM app.
You can use the TM Account Manger site or the TFC app but not the TM app. The TM Account Manger site is the easiest in my opinion.

OgtheDim
02-26-2018, 03:33 PM

I have tried that.

It doesn't accept my MLSE account credentials.

It seems to use a "TFC TILL I DIE" account.

Just saw the mobile link approach - seems to be working. THANKS!

Think I'll print off my ticket for tomorrow just in case though.

Cas87
02-26-2018, 03:43 PM
I have tried that.

I am doing the same solely because it is the first game of the year and knowing MLSE, something will not work (Ushers, Scanners/Terminals, etc)

Enterprise Captain
02-26-2018, 03:51 PM
I have tried that.

Oh, right I forgot about that. Ya, you need a log in for the TFC app that is the "TFC Till I Die" account and then in the app there is an account manger section that you have to log into using your TFC Ticketmaster Account Manager. Once you login into the app though you stay logged in but that is really stupid. The mobile TM Account Manger site bypasses the app. There really is no difference between the mobile ticket though vs. a print out. Scanners are down neither will work.

Red4ever
02-26-2018, 03:59 PM
[QUOTE=Enterprise Captain;1863246]I'm pretty sure the FBI has no jurisdiction in Canada. This would fall to the RCMP but I bet the RCMP leaves this to TPS unless the Prime Minister is present at the event and even then the RCMP would be looking after security in regards to the PM.

Yeah I thought it odd when I heard it, though it was a well placed source. I don't mean to say the FBI was handling law enforcement entirely, but that they had a say in how security is conducted in those situations and work with local law enforcement.

Enterprise Captain
02-26-2018, 04:11 PM
Yeah I thought it odd when I heard it, though it was a well placed source. I don't mean to say the FBI was handling law enforcement entirely, but that they had a say in how security is conducted in those situations and work with local law enforcement.The FBI could make recommendations to MLS in regards to security protocols but they don't usually get directly involved unless there is a federal reason too and that would be in the US not here. Like, the Super Bowl has FBI involvement because it's such a big event and a potential terrorist attack target but I'm pretty sure the local police still run the show, snipers and all. They're are usually snipers at Grey Cup too and games attended by the Prime Minister.

BelfastBoy
02-28-2018, 09:23 AM
I wonder what management is planning on doing about everyone hacking darts on the concourse steps now that they've taken away re-entry. People were lighting up without discretion last night.

Cas87
02-28-2018, 09:32 AM
I wonder what management is planning on doing about everyone hacking darts on the concourse steps now that they've taken away re-entry. People were lighting up without discretion last night.

TBH, people were doing that even when re-entry was allowed.
They need to really advertise that the north end has a smoking section (similar to MLB parks in the states, where you 'leave' the stadium, but don't 'leave' the stadium).

Suds
02-28-2018, 09:32 AM

So is that not allowed?

problem for me on weeknights as well

Suds
02-28-2018, 09:38 AM

learn something new everyday :) ... thanks!

sstackho
02-28-2018, 09:45 AM
Was there strong enforcement on the 'no backpacks' rule last night?

samuraizero
02-28-2018, 10:19 AM
Was there strong enforcement on the 'no backpacks' rule last night?

I saw people coming in with backpacks - but considering its the first game of the season, I'm pretty sure they were being lax.
I'd expect this to change as we get deeper into the season.

Mateo1985
02-28-2018, 10:20 AM
I came in with a bag no problem. They were just doing the regular bag check.

flatpicker
02-28-2018, 10:33 AM

learn something new everyday :) ... thanks!

Technically, not really correct.
You can also go to the TFC website on your phone and access account manager from there and add tix to your phone wallet.
That's what I do.

I have to say, I have the TFC app, but I've never been able to log in with my account manager info.
It only gives the option to log in with Toronto 'Till I Die account (which apparently is not the same as my STH account).
So I've never used it.

Cas87
02-28-2018, 10:35 AM
Technically, not really correct.
You can also go to the TFC website on your phone and access account manager from there and add tix to your phone wallet.

I have to say, I have the TFC app, but I've never been able to log in with my account manager info.
It only gives the option to log in with Toronto 'Till I Die account (which apparently is not the same as my STH account).
So I've never used it.

I think initially that was the case, but now if your scroll down the main page on your phone of the app there is a "Manage your tickets with Ticketmaster" button. There you can log-in with your SSH details and the tickets are loaded.

flatpicker
02-28-2018, 10:37 AM
I think initially that was the case, but now if your scroll down the main page on your phone of the app there is a "Manage your tickets with Ticketmaster" button. There you can log-in with your SSH details and the tickets are loaded.

I looked at the app just now and there's no option to log in with account manager or ticketmaster.
Only Toronto "Till I Die account.

OgtheDim
02-28-2018, 10:52 AM

Thanks....I scanned in last night fine & now, having recovered my password for the Toronto Till I Die account, I can see my tickets all loaded.

From what I can see, you can transfer a ticket to somebody using their MLSE ticketmaster account.

Interestingly, I bought a couple of extra tickets for one game through an account rep - those tickets are scannable in my account. A bunch of other tickets I bought through tickemaster using the link provided to members for extra seats though I'll have to go to the will call to pick up.

Cas87
02-28-2018, 11:07 AM
I looked at the app just now and there's no option to log in with account manager or ticketmaster.
Only Toronto "Till I Die account.

I don't know, other than the app may need updating.
I signed in on the settings page with my general SSH info, and not the TFC Till I Die stuff I use to have.
Another thought I just had is the sign-in page may still say 'TFC Till I Die', but will still accept your SSH credentials.

flatpicker
02-28-2018, 02:43 PM
I don't know, other than the app may need updating.
I signed in on the settings page with my general SSH info, and not the TFC Till I Die stuff I use to have.
Another thought I just had is the sign-in page may still say 'TFC Till I Die', but will still accept your SSH credentials.

I just phoned the club and asked about the app.
They said you cannot sign in without a Toronto 'Till I Die account.
After that, you can then access your account manager.
It's annoying to have to register two accounts for the same thing, but I did it, and now I have easier access to tickets on my phone.

I'm assuming you must have registered a TTID account at some point if the app is working for you.

Cas87
02-28-2018, 02:53 PM
I just phoned the club and asked about the app.
They said you cannot sign in without a Toronto 'Till I Die account.
After that, you can then access your account manager.
It's annoying to have to register two accounts for the same thing, but I did it, and now I have easier access to tickets on my phone.

I'm assuming you must have registered a TTID account at some point if the app is working for you.

If I did i don't remember, might have entered 2 sign-ins just thinking they wanted me to re-confirm my info.

ryan
03-01-2018, 01:16 PM
I saw people coming in with backpacks - but considering its the first game of the season, I'm pretty sure they were being lax.
I'd expect this to change as we get deeper into the season.

That is the plan. People are supposed to be warned that change is coming, by midseason it's over. Which will suck cause there's nowhere close to stash your bag if you have it.