PDA

View Full Version : playoff reassurance from Barrett

MG42
08-01-2008, 01:18 PM
http://toronto.fc.mlsnet.com/news/team_news.jsp?ymd=20080801&content_id=177172&vkey=news_t280&fext=.jsp&team=t280

Toronto FC's new striker Chad Barrett trained with the team for the first time Friday. Barrett signed earlier this week from Chicago Fire and will make his debut against FC Dallas at BMO Field on Sunday, kick off 4:00 p.m.
Barrett is pleased to be in Toronto. "I half expected a move, but I only found out on the day of the All-Star Game," he said. "It has taken a bit of patience to get to this point, but I'm glad I'm finally here and had a good first session with the guys. It was a great practice and I'm ready to go."
"It's a big change for me because I spent four years in Chicago, but I'm ready to come here and to do well with this team and make a life in this city. I'm very happy to be here. You're going to get 100 per cent out of me every game." When asked about his qualities, Barrett said: "I think I'm a good finisher, I get behind the defence, and hopefully I can bring a bit of experience to the forward line."
"Hopefully the fans will be happy that I'm here. It's a great place to play and it always lifts your game playing in front of great home fans. I'm a forward and I get paid to score goals. The fans are expecting a lot out of me and I welcome that pressure. Good players thrive on pressure." Barrett is confident Toronto will make the playoffs this season. "They started off great at home this year and have slipped recently, but I'm sure the team will get back on track. We've got a 6-7-4 record, and I've been on teams who have only won 10 games in a season and got into the playoffs. The fans have nothing to worry about; we're in good shape and can make the playoffs."

I like him already :)

Ossington Mental Youth
08-01-2008, 01:22 PM
HA
just posted this in the new section, someone can delete it if they please

Lets all hope it translates on to the field.

Troll
Good shit. Take us to the playoffs.

Or die!!!!!

Rawkus_420
Good quotes...I like the fact hes going to bust his balls every game, hes got something to prove, thats why I think its a good signing...and Im sure you'll never see his hand on his hips. Im really stoked for this game on sunday, i hope he scores right away to set off an electric atmosphere...someone should think of a chant for this guy in case he scores vs dallas.

long weekend!!!!!!!!!!

denime
08-01-2008, 01:23 PM
Mods close this one.
It in right forum already : NEWS FORUM !!

Whoop
08-01-2008, 01:23 PM
A little fire in the belly.

That's good.

Carter
08-01-2008, 01:24 PM
http://toronto.fc.mlsnet.com/news/team_news.jsp?ymd=20080801&content_id=177172&vkey=news_t280&fext=.jsp&team=t280

I like him already :)

I agree, now we just need some goals to back up that confidence :willy_nilly:

MG42
08-01-2008, 01:25 PM
Mods close this one.

Honestly CHILL OUT!!

nascarguy
08-01-2008, 01:29 PM
Good shit. Take us to the playoffs.

Or die!!!!!
lol :devil:

nascarguy
08-01-2008, 01:30 PM
Mods close this one.
you are a mod you do it

MG42
08-01-2008, 01:34 PM
you are a mod you do it

Yeah better get on it, there's no other news stories posted in here :rolleyes: