PDA

View Full Version : US International Defender Back to MLS

ChrisLav
08-01-2008, 12:49 PM
Another US international is apparently coming back to MLS.

http://blog.washingtonpost.com/soccerinsider/2008/08/gibbs_to_mls_soon.html

"Two sources tell me that U.S. defender Cory Gibbs, whose promising career has been interrupted by injuries, is close to returning to MLS and will be available through an allocation process in the next couple weeks. Toronto had been atop the allocation list, but moved to the bottom after claiming Brian McBride and then trading him to Chicago. RSL and San Jose have also dropped on the list because of earlier acquisitions.

[UPDATE] Here is the latest allocation order: Los Angeles, Colorado, Columbus, New York, Dallas, Chivas USA, D.C., Kansas City, Chicago, N.E., Houston, RSL (Borchers), San Jose (Peguero), Toronto (McBride)"

Corpand
08-01-2008, 01:02 PM
gimme gimme gimme!

olegunnar
08-01-2008, 01:04 PM
Lucky day for LA. A defender comes along just when they get first dibs

devioustrevor
08-01-2008, 01:34 PM
Lucky day for LA. A defender comes along just when they get first dibs

Do they have any money though?

VPjr
08-01-2008, 01:34 PM
i really dont think this is a coincidence. LA moves to top of allocation and a decent American defender declares his interest to come home.

King Jeff
08-01-2008, 01:35 PM
Gibbs could be a good addition to the Galaxy defence, assuming he can stay healthy. I think he was on Charlton's books for two or three seasons, but he couldn't manage one competitive game.

Oldtimer
08-01-2008, 01:42 PM
i really dont think this is a coincidence. LA moves to top of allocation and a decent American defender declares his interest to come home.

Agreed.

DigzTFC!
08-01-2008, 01:43 PM
Good move by LA if they sign him. You have to wonder at some point WTF is going on with their salary cap position.

Solano, Gibbs.....who is leaving Ruiz? I'm guessing they sell him out of the league. Xavier, although waived, still counts against the cap.

Very interested to see the books on these guys at the end of the season.