PDA

View Full Version : Future Designated Players

nonc
01-21-2018, 07:29 PM
TFC have great DPs we've been so fortunate to have Bradley, Altidore and Giovinco for a while now. But this chapter in TFC history may start to end as soon as 2019, and the search for replacement high performance players will intensify.

nonc
01-21-2018, 07:33 PM
Who do you like?

These are some mostly young players I would point out:

Nabil Fekir
Riyad Marrez
Fabinho
Richarlison
Oscar
Dimitri Payet
Mario Götze
Malcom
Cristian Pavón
Talisca

BenRhodes23
01-21-2018, 07:47 PM
Can't see any of these players in MLS any time soon

RealG-TFC
01-21-2018, 07:55 PM
I think we'll start going the Atlanta way and looking for young guys in South America.

Ossington Mental Youth
01-21-2018, 09:16 PM
yngwie malmsteen

spe18
01-21-2018, 11:31 PM
I wouldn't mind seeing these two playing for Toronto FC someday:

- Lionel Messi
- Cristiano Ronaldo

:D

Blindside16
01-22-2018, 12:47 AM
I think we'll start going the Atlanta way and looking for young guys in South America.

I see this as the most logical choice. Atlanta has shown the league that with the proper scouting networks, there is plenty of young talent to be found.

OgtheDim
01-22-2018, 07:05 AM
Atlanta is very much a buy and sell approach. Each of their young SA kids fully expects to only be around for 2 years - Almiron indicated as much this week. That's not a recipe for sustainability. Get the wrong manager or the wrong player & it all goes pear shaped on the field. MLSE wants this team to win to spin revenue through that stadium. Stability is way more preferred.

I think they will look for the 27 year olds who are off the boil somewhere to create a new dynasty around. They'll pay big money.

The next round are there to build the stage for 2026 when we have a 45K stadium.

Canary10
01-22-2018, 12:02 PM
Atlanta is very much a buy and sell approach. Each of their young SA kids fully expects to only be around for 2 years - Almiron indicated as much this week. That's not a recipe for sustainability. Get the wrong manager or the wrong player & it all goes pear shaped on the field. MLSE wants this team to win to spin revenue through that stadium. Stability is way more preferred.

I think they will look for the 27 year olds who are off the boil somewhere to create a new dynasty around. They'll pay big money.

The next round are there to build the stage for 2026 when we have a 45K stadium.

As long as Tata is in Atlanta it will probably work ok. He's a name a young Argentine kid will be excited about. If he's not, the whole thing will likely sour fast.