PDA

View Full Version : Who's Going to Cover for Victor Vazquez?

gmacpheetfc
01-04-2018, 10:55 PM
When he goes to the world cup with Spain?

T.O TILL I DIE
01-04-2018, 11:51 PM
Victor vasquez is on the national team lol?

BenRhodes23
01-05-2018, 12:39 AM
Somehow i doubt he'll get selected

ensco
01-05-2018, 08:37 AM
He'll go in 2022.

For Canada.

Don’t laugh. Japan had a Brazilian (Alex) who came to the J-League, naturalized, and was a key part of several WC teams there.

Red4ever
01-05-2018, 09:44 AM
He'll go in 2022.

For Canada.

Don’t laugh. Japan had a Brazilian (Alex) who came to the J-League, naturalized, and was a key part of several WC teams there.

Man that would be cool. 34 year old Vazquez and 38 year old Hutchinson bossing the midfield like it's 2012.

jabbronies
01-05-2018, 09:52 AM
If he knew what was good for his career and his legacy - he'll stay away from the CMNT

trane
01-05-2018, 02:13 PM
hahahahhaha. I had a heart attack when I saw this thread. I was like what the fuck, we trade Vazques????????

Shway
01-05-2018, 02:46 PM
Damn, I never realized that there is people that only know about TFC, and don't know the world of football. Surprisingly nice?

Yohan
01-05-2018, 05:40 PM
He'll go in 2022.

For Canada.

That would be really cool.

Though getting a Canadian citizenship can be a pain the butt, so I'd be surprised if Vasquez gets it in time for 2022. And we don't even know if he wants a Canadian citizenship

ensco
01-05-2018, 07:57 PM
I don't know how he'll age, but right now Vazquez is maybe the equal of any MF in Concacaf (for sure if you exclude Mexico). Plus he's from Catalonia, so he likely wouldn't face any grief for doing this back home.

If I am the CMNT leadership, I am all over this.

rydermike
01-05-2018, 10:50 PM
From a couple serious responses in this thread, I think it was obvious that the OP was joking.

gmacpheetfc
01-06-2018, 12:01 AM
From a couple serious responses in this thread, I think it was obvious that the OP was joking.

Only half; if Toronto FC wins the concacaf champions league they'll have pretty much won liga mx. And if a Liga MX champion (Gignac) is good enough for France then why isn't Vazquez good enough for Spain.

Spain are open minded enough to consider it.

Based on who he was at a young age and his injury he's got to be highly respected throughout Spain; it would almost be a curtain call up but he'd be in the squad.

T.O TILL I DIE
01-06-2018, 01:39 AM
Only half; if Toronto FC wins the concacaf champions league they'll have pretty much won liga mx. And if a Liga MX champion (Gignac) is good enough for France then why isn't Vazquez good enough for Spain.

Spain are open minded enough to consider it.

Based on who he was at a young age and his injury he's got to be highly respected throughout Spain; it would almost be a curtain call up but he'd be in the squad.

Dudes 30 and has never been called up in previous years, i dont even think in INT training camp someone correct me if im wrong... what makes you think theyll
Call VV up now

OgtheDim
01-06-2018, 06:38 AM
Spain doesn't need him.

ensco
01-06-2018, 10:00 AM
Spain isn’t calling Vazquez. They have 10 world class midfielders

Areathrasher
01-06-2018, 10:36 AM
Em, how is Vazquez getting citizenship in 4 years? I've only recently qualified for it and i'm here nearly 8 years.

flatpicker
01-06-2018, 11:07 AM
Em, how is Vazquez getting citizenship in 4 years? I've only recently qualified for it and i'm here nearly 8 years.

Yeah, sorry, that's my fault.
I'd been calling the government and telling them stories about you.

Areathrasher
01-06-2018, 11:14 AM
:lol:

In all seriousness though. Under the current rules he'd first have to get PR. Then live here for 3 out of 5 years. So best case scenario, he could apply in 2022. The application itself takes 12 months to process.

OgtheDim
01-06-2018, 11:30 AM
IIRC, citizenship is not necessary to switch INT teams.

Areathrasher
01-06-2018, 11:53 AM
He couldnt play for Canada without a Canadian passport which means he needs to get Citizenship.

Oldtimer
01-06-2018, 02:44 PM
This thread has gone seriously off track. It started with an honest question, assuming that Vazquez will be on the Spanish national team, who would cover for him? Maybe he won't be, but if he is who would provide cover? No one answered the question.

YYZ_Fan
01-06-2018, 02:51 PM
I love Victor Vasquez. He is our creative leader. But he has as good a chance as Mista getting called up to the Spanish national team.

portu
01-06-2018, 03:55 PM
This thread has gone seriously off track. It started with an honest question, assuming that Vazquez will be on the Spanish national team, who would cover for him? Maybe he won't be, but if he is who would provide cover? No one answered the question.
No way this thread is serious. In the tiny chance it is then Osorio is the answer.

ensco
01-06-2018, 06:59 PM

You think that it's the answers that are off track? I think it's the assumption that is off track.

Spain have 10+ world class midfielders. 6 or 7 that play for Real Madrid, Barcelona and Athletico Madrid. Others that start regularly for Manchester City, Chelsea, Bayern Munich and Manchester United.

They were undefeated in World Cup qualifying. Taking seriously a scenario where that team, with that roster, would bring in a first time call up, at age 31, because he had a great year in MLS! ....

Turning it into VV for Canada seemed like good off season fun. But if you want a discussion of VV for Spain scenarios... er, I'll get my hat.

Oldtimer
01-06-2018, 07:32 PM
No way this thread is serious. In the tiny chance it is then Osorio is the answer.

It's hard to sometimes read intention on the Internet. I prefer to assume questions being genuine because not every person on here has the same degree of background knowledge.

If serious, I agree Osorio is the obvious answer but I also think that it would be very unlikely that Vazquez would be called up ever for any NT.

rydermike
01-06-2018, 07:52 PM
Spain calling up Vasquez is equivalent to Team Canada Hockey calling up a player who plays in the KHL to the 2014 Olympic team instead of Sidney Crosby (obviously for this years Olympics where NHLers aren't going, its going to happen.

ensco
01-06-2018, 09:09 PM
Reminds me of an SNL skit they once did: a panel discussing what would have happened if Napoleon had had B-52 bombers.

OgtheDim
01-06-2018, 09:46 PM
That skit is 40 years old this month.

ensco
01-07-2018, 04:47 AM
That skit is 40 years old this month.

Holy crap wow, I just looked it up.

Man I feel old suddenly!