PDA

View Full Version : Tickermaster new anti scalping measures

Oldtimer
01-02-2018, 10:24 PM
They have been tested by Orlando City SC.
http://ow.ly/jkjo30hxcWT

Blkndkr
01-03-2018, 07:52 AM
Good for OCSC. I was really impressed with there entry process when I went there last July. We still can’t even get mobile entry for our season seats, let alone something more advanced. Embarrassing, really.

BendItLikeGio
01-03-2018, 09:24 AM
they should start implementing what they do in europe.

JT Red127
01-03-2018, 09:34 AM
We still can’t even get mobile entry for our season seats, let alone something more advanced. Embarrassing, really.

We do have mobile entry, I didn't use a paper ticket all season.

KGH
01-03-2018, 09:38 AM
If you download the TFC app all your tickets are available for mobile entry. I didn't use paper tickets either all last year

Blkndkr
01-03-2018, 11:34 AM
Where on the tfc app can you do this? The only way I could figure out how to get mobile entry was by getting PDFs of the tickets which is not simple or userfriendly. I’m am open to being educated, but mobile entry certainly was not an option on the Ticketmaster app (until the playoffs at least).

If you download the TFC app all your tickets are available for mobile entry. I didn't use paper tickets either all last year

KGH
01-03-2018, 12:07 PM
Where on the tfc app can you do this? The only way I could figure out how to get mobile entry was by getting PDFs of the tickets which is not simple or userfriendly. I’m am open to being educated, but mobile entry certainly was not an option on the Ticketmaster app (until the playoffs at least).

When you first open the app scroll down to where it says "Manage you tickets" - Its after the "Team store" but before "Show your support". Click on that and when our tickets are in our account you go into the event and that's where the Bar code is for each seat. Right now it's empty.

Blkndkr
01-03-2018, 01:24 PM
Wow. Thanks. I stand corrected. Never saw that option before. To be honest, the app hasn’t provided much added valuable so I haven’t used it much. Does it allow you to add tickets to Apple wallet? If so, my prayers have been answered.

KGH
01-03-2018, 02:30 PM
Wow. Thanks. I stand corrected. Never saw that option before. To be honest, the app hasn’t provided much added valuable so I haven’t used it much. Does it allow you to add tickets to Apple wallet? If so, my prayers have been answered.

Yes sir. Into the wallet then able to send them to others

Blkndkr
01-03-2018, 02:49 PM
:pbjtime::pbjtime::pbjtime:
Yes sir. Into the wallet then able to send them to others

Mark in Ottawa
01-18-2018, 01:50 PM
Ticket Master and anti scalping?? That's rich seeing as TM has always been accused of "holding back" some number of tickets based upon the event in question
and then scalping them themselves thru their own subsidiary sites.
In any event (no pun intended) I do applaud any action they can take that gives Joe Schmo a decent chance at a decently priced ticket.

anto7
09-19-2018, 06:37 PM
https://www.thestar.com/news/investigations/2018/09/19/we-went-undercover-as-ticket-scalpers-and-ticketmaster-offered-to-help-us-do-business.html?utm_source=Twitter&utm_medium=SocialMedia&utm_campaign=930am&utm_campaign_id=Investigations&utm_content=UndercoverTicketScalpersINVESTIGATION

Not that this is a huge huge surprise however this just proves how much Ticketmaster is ripping the general public off and how they are actually helping the scalpers.

Auzzy
09-19-2018, 07:00 PM
https://www.thestar.com/news/investigations/2018/09/19/we-went-undercover-as-ticket-scalpers-and-ticketmaster-offered-to-help-us-do-business.html?utm_source=Twitter&utm_medium=SocialMedia&utm_campaign=930am&utm_campaign_id=Investigations&utm_content=UndercoverTicketScalpersINVESTIGATION

Not that this is a huge huge surprise however this just proves how much Ticketmaster is ripping the general public off and how they are actually helping the scalpers.

I read that, great investigation by The Star. Some things not really surprising, but still shocking how brazen the whole operation is, with special software, pricing, support & more to help scalpers, and provide double-dipping profits to Ticketbastard.

anto7
09-19-2018, 07:28 PM
I read that, great investigation by The Star. Some things not really surprising, but still shocking how brazen the whole operation is, with special software, pricing, support & more to help scalpers, and provide double-dipping profits to Ticketbastard.

Yes that was my take on it too. Little wonder fans had such an hard time getting tickets to the MLS cup final.
I really hope something comes out of this investigation and Ticketmaster gets nailed over it

Derko
09-20-2018, 07:58 AM
I am wondering if the scalpers actually get money back from the tickets they don't sell. Let's face it TFC is not the hot ticket they were last year so there must be a catch.

Brooker
09-30-2018, 10:38 PM
My favorite walk to the game (maybe 2009?) seeing two scalpers screaming at eachother and each throwing their stack of tickets at eachother..... then eventually picking them up slowly.

Great show. I wish there was more wind. Shambles.