PDA

View Full Version : **Terry Fox Headshave - September 13, 2008** [Sign up andonline Pledge forms ready]

Boris
08-01-2008, 10:45 AM
The Red Patch Boys Fundraising team would like to proudly announce that we will once again take part in the Terry Fox Works day. With that said our event will be the Second Annual Red Patch Boys Headshave for Cancer Research.

Last year’s event drew an amazing turn out of both volunteers and donations and I am sure that we can achieve the same results, maybe even better.

I would like to call on all people, red patch boy or not for volunteers so that they too can join Dichio’s Army. If you are interested in participating please PM me and I will set you up with the Red Patch Boys team through the Terry Fox Foundation.

The Terry Fox Headshave will take place at the tailgate on Saturday September 13, 2008. I invite everyone to take part in this event in some shape way or form.

All proceeds raised go to the Terry Fox Foundation. For more information please visit the Terry Fox Foundation website at http://www.terryfoxrun.org/english/home/default.asp?s=1

I hope that we can join together for this great cause that touches close to home for me and many others.

Once again, if you have any questions do not hesitate to pm br_aguilar.
Also PM me if you would like to volunteer your head.

Update:

Join the Facebook group. Upload pictures and videos from last year
link: http://www.new.facebook.com/home.php?ref=logo#/group.php?gid=63931880570

For those who want to join the team or donate: https://www.terryfoxrun.org/ENGLISH/CORPORATE/COMPANY/INFORMATION/DEFAULT.ASP?S=1&COMPANYID=9409

follow that link. At the top there is an option to join the team.
-If you would like to donate to a participant than click on their name and donate to them.
-If you would like to donate to the team than click on the link at the bottom which says 'Donate to this Team'

thank you for all of your support!!!!!

-Fundraising Team

nascarguy
08-01-2008, 10:56 AM
are you going make a facebook group for this so we can get the word out faster and maybe get more donations then we did last year it would be so cool if we could get 5k more or even 10k we sould try to get some of the tfc office to put there head of hair up

http://toronto.fc.mlsnet.com/t280/about/meet_us/

Boris
08-01-2008, 10:58 AM
^ yes.. i am working on that as we speak :D

Fort York Redcoat
08-01-2008, 11:56 AM
Good cause. But I'll donate vs head shave. It takes forEVER for my hair to stay down afterwards.

nascarguy
08-01-2008, 12:52 PM
^ yes.. i am working on that as we speak :D
it would a great pr move for Tom Anselmi
http://toronto.fc.mlsnet.com/t280/imgs/about/meet_us/anselmi_tom.jpg Executive Vice-President and Chief Operating Officer,
Maple Leaf Sports + Entertainment (MLSE)

Mo Johnstonhttp://toronto.fc.mlsnet.com/t280/imgs/about/meet_us/2008/johnson_mo.jpg

& Paul Beirne and we sould get the mayor of toronto to shave his head

the-lower-eastsider
08-01-2008, 10:17 PM
it would a great pr move for Tom Anselmi
http://toronto.fc.mlsnet.com/t280/imgs/about/meet_us/anselmi_tom.jpg Executive Vice-President and Chief Operating Officer,
Maple Leaf Sports + Entertainment (MLSE)

Mo Johnstonhttp://toronto.fc.mlsnet.com/t280/imgs/about/meet_us/2008/johnson_mo.jpg

& Paul Beirne and we sould get the mayor of toronto to shave his head
every now and then u come up with a gem nascar! LOL!
craiger

pat416
08-09-2008, 09:20 AM
i have been looking for a chance for a LONG time to shave my head and i just found it!

Pinkie
08-09-2008, 12:03 PM
I really really really want adam to do it...come on don't YOU want to see how azerban looks without all that shagginess?

as for myself i don't think i could do that..

Boris
08-09-2008, 12:05 PM
I really really really want adam to do it...come on don't YOU want to see how azerban looks without all that shagginess?

get hiiiiiimmmm!
if you cant..donate to the cause :D

Cuchulain
08-11-2008, 10:18 PM
I'll be donating, but I like the little hair I have left. Good luck guys!

CoachGT
08-12-2008, 07:35 AM
Guys, getting the donations is pretty easy with a good cause like the Terry Fox Foundation. If you haven't already set up online, that's an easy way to get donations. You can also print out the pledge sheets. Always have them with you, because you never know. I've alredy started, and I'd love to see us hit $20k this year, but it will take all of us!

Bloor West FC
08-14-2008, 10:01 AM
What was the total raised last year?

daner90
08-14-2008, 06:36 PM
so do we need more people to shave their heads because I would probably would...

koryo
08-15-2008, 09:36 AM
Signed up... and bump.

C'mon people, y'all want to see me lose all my lovely locks innit? :)

Northern Soul
08-15-2008, 09:45 AM
Pledged. Great cause, and I commend you guys for doing this again.

Kevvv
08-15-2008, 09:46 AM

Go ahead, sign up. I'll even do the honours.

CoachGT
08-15-2008, 10:27 AM
What was the total raised last year?
I think it was $13k, but I defer to Jack on that...

Bloor West FC
08-21-2008, 04:30 PM
WOW^^^^^ We better step it up!!

CoachGT
08-21-2008, 08:35 PM
We'll need to coordinate the numbers for this year here (on the board). I know that Sulfur and I both have a couple of hundred in donations on pledge sheets in addition to another couple hundred online. The online total right now shows $1,040 (at least last time I checked). Add another 4-500 to that and that's where we are now. Last year, I got $3,000 in the last week before the shave, so big numbers can come very quickly! We need to get onto this to make some real numbers happen!

Boris
08-21-2008, 08:36 PM
^ i am writing a mass email as we speak but i still have a few canada ticket stuff to clear up

Bobo
08-22-2008, 10:38 AM
I have a shaved head so I guess donating my head wouldn't serve much of a purpose?

CoachGT
08-22-2008, 12:17 PM
You can try the full body wax......

MUFC_Niagara
08-25-2008, 12:40 AM
I have a shaved head so I guess donating my head wouldn't serve much of a purpose?

Or you could shave...well, you know

Bobo
08-25-2008, 01:40 AM
Or you could shave...well, you know

How much time do you guys got?

(only kidding)

(sort of kidding)

Mark in Ottawa
08-26-2008, 10:13 AM
Pledged. And as this will be my first visit to BMO field my wife has warned me not to come home "chrome domed" ;)

I see the list of "shavees" on the donation site but no reference to who the "shavers" will be.

With your luck Parkdale is on the hunt for a "weed wacker" as we speak !

Good on y'all for organizing this and putting your heads on the line.
I'll see ya on Sept.13th

CoachGT
08-26-2008, 01:22 PM
As a group we're doing okay - over $1500 online. I think (but can't be sure) that we are ahead of last year's pace at this time - almost three weeks a-head (pun intended). How much do people have offline through pledge sheets? I'm just over $200. That'll give us a better picture of where the group is.

sulfur
08-26-2008, 01:36 PM
I'm around $150 or so offline. :yum:

But I've also gotta actually start pestering people properly soon. :)

Pledged. And as this will be my first visit to BMO field my wife has warned me not to come home "chrome domed" ;)So, we can sign you up for a mohawk then? :D

CoachGT
08-27-2008, 02:39 PM
So as of Wednesday afternoon we're at $1,645 online plus $365 offline (between me and sulfur) pushing us past the $2,000 mark!

Bloor West FC
08-27-2008, 07:28 PM
OK thats it, I gotta take this stuff to work!! Nothing like a bunch of old Locomotive Engineers and conductors just wanting to donate all day long!!! Hope I get a bunch of $$$$.

itsycora
08-28-2008, 10:00 PM
I have officially signed up for the Terry Fox Head Shave

I am believing I may be the first Red Patch Girl to do this......

Boris
08-28-2008, 10:05 PM
I have officially signed up for the Terry Fox Head Shave

I am believing I may be the first Red Patch Girl to do this......

Awesome!!!!!!!!
thanks for doing this. This foundation touches close to home for me.

PM ME with your info please.

sulfur
08-28-2008, 10:34 PM
That's awesome. It's going to be an event for sure now! :yum:

Oh... head shave. Never mind ;)

twistedchinaman
08-28-2008, 10:43 PM
Sulfur man, you ain't doin' it? Carn you man! :)

twistedchinaman
08-28-2008, 10:48 PM
Signed up... and bump.

C'mon people, y'all want to see me lose all my lovely locks innit? :)

Yes. :D

EDIT: Pledged!

sulfur
08-28-2008, 11:37 PM
Oh, I'm shavin' me head. Already collected about $500. Yay for me.

twistedchinaman
08-28-2008, 11:42 PM
Oh, I'm shavin' me head. Already collected about $500. Yay for me.

Oh NOW you say that...AFTER I've pledged to Koryo. :D

sulfur
08-29-2008, 05:48 AM
that's ok... all of the money goes to the same place. it's not about who collects more... except for coachgt. we know that he'll get the most :D

CretanBull
08-29-2008, 06:22 AM
Pledged :D

CoachGT
08-29-2008, 07:01 AM
I get a bunch because of work - pledge however you would like - it's all about getting the money for the Terry Fox Foundation! I've pledged itsycora! The competition is to beat last year's number!

We're currently at about $1800 online, plus another $600 or so offline between me and sulfur. That puts us at about $2400. Pretty good with two weeks to go. How are the others coming along with offline pledges?

CoachGT
08-29-2008, 07:24 AM
I think that the people participating should probably say a little about why they are getting their head shaved.

In my case, it is in honour of a few people. In particular, my father, who was diagnosed with colon cancer last year and is still going through the last of the treatments. Also, I’ve had at least a dozen friends, coworkers and clients who have been diagnosed with cancer, several of whom have passed on, many were my age or younger. One in particular, Dieter Schmidt, was a close friend and colleague. Dieter and I worked together for a little over ten years, but we also worked together on hockey teams. He’s a bit part of the reason that I’m involved in coaching today – coaching is something that I’ve truly grown to love. Dieter passed away about four years ago after a battle with cancer, and this is the best way that I thought I could honour his memory. Last year, after the headshave, I gave his wife a picture of the group of us and she was very grateful – she wanted to kick in money herself.

It’s not about who raises the most money in this, it’s about raising money for the ongoing fight with cancer, and who better to lead the cause than Terry Fox. And in my case, this is a tribute to people who have touched my life.

sulfur
08-29-2008, 12:38 PM
For me, I like to try to get involved with one good cause each year. I don't always succeed, but I do make the effort. For example, two years ago was the Achilles Run, which raises money for encouraging people with disabilities to participate in running. Last year, I helped officiate and organize a local soccer tournament for the special olympics (and by organize, I mean mostly acted like a gopher :) ). This year, when the head shave came up, working with my fellow RPBs, this seemed like the perfect opportunity to get a hair cut. :D

Just kidding on that last bit... obviously! :)

koryo
08-30-2008, 09:34 AM
I'm doing this because the tight-wad Yorkshireman in me couldn't pass up a free hair cut.

I kid.

Really though, it's good to do some good. This is a good cause - and I generally don't do causes. It's as simple as that.

Boris
08-30-2008, 09:38 AM
i am doing this because its always good to do good. I know plenty of people who have been affected by cancer and i know how horrible it is as my grandmother went through it.

THis is my way of trying to do some good.

twistedchinaman
08-30-2008, 04:27 PM
Well boys,

I'm almost 90% leaning towards putting my head in on this -- but only about 10% sure as to how to pull it off with the great distances.

Anyone got an idea how to pull it off (at the same time as your guys pre-Cracklumbus tailgate)? If anyone can, I'll do it here out West.

ricciboy
08-31-2008, 08:14 PM
i will think about it i want to save my head for terryfox foundation but my mom would said wtf

CoachGT
09-01-2008, 08:55 AM
Well boys,

I'm almost 90% leaning towards putting my head in on this -- but only about 10% sure as to how to pull it off with the great distances.

Anyone got an idea how to pull it off (at the same time as your guys pre-Cracklumbus tailgate)? If anyone can, I'll do it here out West.

Last year, a lot of the shavers were videotaped and the results posted online (youtube) after the game. The local Terry Fox folks made the arrangements - I'm sure that they'd be able to figure out a way to pull it off!

And we'll see you in San Jose a few weeks after!

Rocco
09-01-2008, 09:16 AM
my reason for doing this to my mom who's going through treatment right now. She's almost bald now... and by then I think she'll pretty much loose all her hair. So I wanted to surprise her one day after coming home from a game with a bald head. As i've never lost my hair after a TFC game, it's certainly a first. It will for sure cheer her up... after freaking out for a bit ofcourse. We all know how mothers are :p

CoachGT
09-03-2008, 10:39 AM
So we are now a week and a half away. Our online number is $1,930, and we've got offline numbners of about $200 each from Rocco and Sulfur and $250 from me. That brings our total to about $2,580. Do any of the others participating have some offline numbers to include?

itsycora
09-03-2008, 10:30 PM
i am doing this for my grandfather who passed because of cancer and my mom my mother in law and my very good friend who have beaten the disease and of course the many others who have and haven't beaten it....

if you wish to pledge for me my name is Cora Routledge....

thanks to every one!!!!

sulfur
09-03-2008, 11:32 PM
it'll be good to meet you Cora... a future baldie in the works :D

itsycora
09-04-2008, 06:39 PM
it'll be good to meet you Cora... a future baldie in the works :D

I will be at the Chivas game in 116

http://www.terryfoxrun.org/ENRunner/default.asp?s=1&RunnerID=54852 (http://www.terryfoxrun.org/ENRunner/default.asp?s=1&RunnerID=54852)

CoachGT
09-04-2008, 07:16 PM
Okay, so I heard from Danny D himself. he's going to donate a couple of items for Terry Fox. One item would be suitable for a serious (ebay?) auction, with all proceeds to Terry Fox - I'm going to give them a call tomorrow to see how it is best to do it. The item - Danny's boots from the LA/TFC game in LA (Toronto's first road win of the season). Hopefully, that will help push our Terry Fox proceeds up!

nascarguy
09-08-2008, 11:11 PM
how much do we have all ready

RedRum
09-08-2008, 11:40 PM
I'm so glad this is Saturday. I just shaved my head last week and no one recognizes me. The Terry Fox Headshave will educate and condition RPB's as to the finer points of facial recognition (and lest we forget support a great cause!!).

twistedchinaman
09-09-2008, 12:05 AM
Last year, a lot of the shavers were videotaped and the results posted online (youtube) after the game. The local Terry Fox folks made the arrangements - I'm sure that they'd be able to figure out a way to pull it off!

And we'll see you in San Jose a few weeks after!

Gah! I knew I had forgotten to get something together...damn. Five days left.

Maybe next year. >.<'

CoachGT
09-09-2008, 05:29 AM
how much do we have all ready

Online, we're showing $3,060. Others have got pledges on paper as well that aren't showing. I have just under $800 in paper pledges to this point. Sulfur was around $3-400, as were a couple of others. We should be over $4000, probably closer to $5000 - comparable to what we had last year at this time.

Can the shavees send in their totals, either by PM or posting, so that we can figure out where we are?

nascarguy
09-09-2008, 06:21 AM
yeah last year we had 10,000 that was alot I do not think we could get that much again and are we going to set up something for ebay

sulfur
09-09-2008, 06:57 AM
Last year was about $12000. But there was also a longer lead-up time for it.

Boris
09-09-2008, 07:15 AM
yes...coach gt has it right...i will send out a pm to all shavees. I need totals because we are going to try to set up a presentation of sorts to the foundation.

CoachGT
09-09-2008, 07:42 AM
Danny Dichio's boots from the first win of the season, the 3-2 win in LA over the Galaxy, will be put up for auction. I'll be picking them up within the next couple of days. As soon as I do, I'll post the link where the auction will occur. Proceeds to the entire RPB Headshave team, not to any one individual.

RobM
09-09-2008, 07:47 AM
Just signed up to volunteer my head.
Having left it this late doesn't give me much time to raise some cash but I figure even if it's in the hundreds rather than the thousands, it's better than nothing.

By the way, auctioning DD's boots is a great idea, nice one.

Boris
09-09-2008, 07:48 AM
Danny Dichio's boots from the first win of the season, the 3-2 win in LA over the Galaxy, will be put up for auction. I'll be picking them up within the next couple of days. As soon as I do, I'll post the link where the auction will occur. Proceeds to the entire RPB Headshave team, not to any one individual.

that is awesome. We have put some endless hours into this because we believe in what we are doing. Thanks in advance to anyone who bids.

I am currently speaking with TFC FO for more prizes.

Boris

Boris
09-09-2008, 07:50 AM
Just signed up to volunteer my head.
Having left it this late doesn't give me much time to raise some cash but I figure even if it's in the hundreds rather than the thousands, it's better than nothing.

By the way, auctioning DD's boots is a great idea, nice one.

thats the thing. It doesnt matter whether you raise 0.50 cents or $10,000. Every dollar counts in the fight against cancer. Everyone is somehow affected by cancer and by this cause we can hopefully bring soem light on peoples darkest days.

itsycora
09-09-2008, 11:15 PM
I am at about 450$ in paper pledges right now. But payday is on Friday and at least 10 people have promised me and I have family members outside of my area that I will collect from on Friday too. So hopefully I can reach at least 600$

CoachGT
09-10-2008, 05:33 AM
Starting today at $2,570. Over $700 in paper pledges. Will see where we get to. I'm hoping to crack $3,000 - my $5k target seems a biit ambitious! Our group online total is $3,545. We're doing pretty good. My guess is that as a group we're probably a little over $5k, hopefully we can hit 6 or 7. I still think last year we hit $13 - it would be nice to have $20k over the two years!

mlsintoronto
09-10-2008, 06:13 AM
IF pledges get over $7,000 then I will shave my head.

DOMIN8R
09-10-2008, 06:35 AM
Wow. Gauntlet has been thrown down!

Is he next?http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/i/bcst/yp/canpress/3189/64648838.jpg

CoachGT
09-10-2008, 06:59 AM
So where are we now? $3,545 online. I've got $705 on paper, itsycora has $450 on paper, Sulfur has another $250+ on paper, br_aguilar has another $200 on paper. How about the rest of you guys?? The brings us to about $5,150 right now.

With 9 of us, we need to come up with about $200 each to get mlsintoronto to join in! In four days (including today) WE CAN DO THIS!

Boris
09-10-2008, 07:14 AM
alright guys....its on like donkey kong. We need to get over the 7k mark. We can do it!

sulfur
09-10-2008, 08:23 AM
i still have to hit up work hardcore. going to do that today i guess. $1500, here I come!

i hope. :)

Bloor West FC
09-10-2008, 08:27 AM
Dam I am getting killed! You guys rock! Tonight is pay day at work so I am hoping for alot of help from the guys!

sulfur
09-10-2008, 09:46 AM
$450 online, $400 offline for me thus far. still half the office to hit up. woot. :)

CoachGT
09-10-2008, 10:56 AM
So with the updates for sulfur, another online contribution and a couple more at my end, we're at about $5,350.

sulfur
09-10-2008, 12:51 PM
$1600 until Paul's turn!

And still a few days to go!

Boris
09-10-2008, 12:56 PM
we will so do this guys!

CoachGT
09-10-2008, 04:51 PM
I've got us now at $5,520. If you're doing the headshave and haven't updated your totals (of paper pledges) please do so!

Boris
09-10-2008, 04:54 PM
I've got us now at $5,520. If you're doing the headshave and haven't updated your totals (of paper pledges) please do so!

thats my job.....

yeah...what he said :D

but really, thanks guys for all your hard work. I have been busy and ignoring my job...a new one at that on organizing the day and even securing tents for us if the skies become angry

nascarguy
09-10-2008, 04:55 PM
IF pledges get over $7,000 then I will shave my head.
guys it is time to the bank to get a loan....lol ... mmm what bank sould I go to maybe BMO...lol

Boris
09-10-2008, 04:56 PM
guys it is time to the bank to get a loan....lol

if you go yeah... :D

CoachGT
09-10-2008, 07:20 PM
thats my job.....

yeah...what he said :D

but really, thanks guys for all your hard work. I have been busy and ignoring my job...a new one at that on organizing the day and even securing tents for us if the skies become angry

Only trying to help - I know how busy it can get!

Boris
09-10-2008, 07:21 PM
^i know..i was joking. Its great we're all doing this together...

CoachGT
09-11-2008, 08:47 AM
Did a little checking with the Terry Fox folks. Last year RPB raised - drum roll please - $16,199! Remember, we had a few more guys in it last year!

So as a group we are now well over $20K - my unofficial total for this year is $5565. We still need some donations to get mlsintoronto to join in!

sulfur
09-11-2008, 09:57 AM
i'm at (as of this minute) $951 -- 500 online, 451 offline. :)

Gobi
09-11-2008, 10:03 AM
How much did we pull in -just in the jar- on the day last year?

Boris
09-11-2008, 10:09 AM
How much did we pull in -just in the jar- on the day last year?

apparently, from what ive been told, about a thousand

sulfur
09-11-2008, 06:38 PM
As an aside -- I've got two complete sets of last year's hard Carlsberg TFC coasters. I was thinking of bringing them out and offering them up for $10 apiece (all toward the fund). I also have a spare Wynne and a spare Brennan in those two complete sets...

This reasonable?

CoachGT
09-12-2008, 06:41 AM
So we start the day at about $6,000 - $1,000 to go for mlsintoronto to sport a new 'doo!

Stretch drive to get non-RPB money!

sulfur
09-12-2008, 07:36 AM
Including the online stuff, I'm at $1001 myself, with more coming today. :)

Bloor West FC
09-12-2008, 12:42 PM
I should be around 200 now

RobM
09-12-2008, 02:15 PM
I'm at around $200 from cash sponsorship plus whatever my online total is at the moment. Hoping for $500 by tomorrow but we'll see.

Jack
09-12-2008, 03:10 PM
Good stuff guys.

I get the feeling we're going to see Paul in one of the chairs tomorrow afternoon!

CoachGT
09-12-2008, 05:17 PM
With the cash sponsors that I've seen posted, plus our online, we seem to be in the $6600-$6800 range with a couple of people that haven't yet reported.

Paul, prepare to lose that hair!

sulfur
09-12-2008, 07:06 PM
Add another $50 for me, and a couple of peeps have said they'd sponsor me in person tomorrow to see me bald :)

Btw... I want to be first up. So.... shotgun!

itsycora
09-12-2008, 07:32 PM
as of right now i am at 270 online and 490 in cash, ( 760 total) but i havent hit up my parents and their friends yet... that will be early tomorrow.....

Jimmy The Saint
09-12-2008, 09:13 PM
I have 110 online and 305 on the paper pledge (not collected, but that's 'cuz they want proof...total-415)

Rocco
09-12-2008, 09:50 PM
I've got 60 something offline and 135 online. I'll be getting some more online donations tonight.

mlsintoronto
09-12-2008, 10:04 PM
sooooo I guess I show up at the tailgate for about 1:30? I'm going to have to bail almost right away...it is game day after all...

yikes...its for a good cause right? :))

Phil
09-12-2008, 10:06 PM
sooooo I guess I show up at the tailgate for about 1:30? I'm going to have to bail almost right away...it is game day after all...

yikes...its for a good cause right? :))

You got it... the cameras will be snapping!

:D

I imagine we will raise a bit at the tailgate tomorrow too.

manic.street.preacher
09-12-2008, 10:13 PM
^^camera will be snapping indeed ... i'm hoping to get before/after portraits for my documentary :D

CoachGT
09-12-2008, 10:20 PM
I think I'm pretty much done. This year I managed to get a combined $3230, which I believe takes me just over $7,500 over the two years!

Boris
09-12-2008, 10:24 PM
ok...me and coach are going first...then sulfur and...well our tfc staffer :D

RobM
09-13-2008, 09:30 AM
Currently $320 online and $220 in cash so $540 total for me. That will probably be my final total but I'm really pleased considering I only signed up on Tuesday.

Did we ever find out if we bring the cash today or deal with it later?

Boris
09-13-2008, 09:38 AM
bring it if you want...if youre done

Bloor West FC
09-13-2008, 10:04 AM
So I got 100 online and 250 in paper!

CoachGT
09-13-2008, 10:10 AM
Just about to head down, but I've been working up totals based upon what everybody has posted today. I've got us down, all in, at (drum roll please, preferably Red Thunder!) $7,604!!!!!!!

Great work guys, but we've still got today to go! Can we hit $8,000? And if we do, does that mean a full body wax for mlsintoronto?

koryo
09-13-2008, 10:22 AM
Hey Guys,

So I'm the worst ever fundraiser: $225 online and $60 in cash.

I work too much and don't know many people :(

RobM
09-13-2008, 10:27 AM
I only managed to raise that much because I told people back in the UK they wouldn't see any pics unless they sent money.....
I told them I'd make sure I grew it back before I saw them next.

Jack
09-13-2008, 06:37 PM
Great stuff today by all.

Makes me proud to be involved with this group.

CoachGT
09-13-2008, 08:39 PM
Hey Guys,

So I'm the worst ever fundraiser: $225 online and $60 in cash.

I work too much and don't know many people :(

Every $$$ counts! I get lucky because of my job, so I'm able to get to a lot of people, many of them in relatively high paying jobs, and those people give generously. A little less generously this year than last - I still fell about $1600 short of my projected goal, but I'm pretty sure that nobody - including me - is bummed out by that!

Whether you raised $1 or $100,000, this was a group effort! And don't tell me it doesn't take some courage to go under the clippers! I'm still amazed by Cora! You're an inspiration girl, and you should be proud!

I am proud to be associated with Red Patch because of the great people and the great things we do, including our charity work!

Koryo, next time we're at Shoeless, I'll be buying you a beer!

RPB_Brantford_08
09-13-2008, 08:41 PM
well done to the RPB for putting on this fundraiser, almost 8,000 raised,
again, well done.

Jack
09-13-2008, 08:42 PM
Look, we've come close to $25k in 2 years for this. Let's not talk about "falling short"!

sulfur
09-13-2008, 08:46 PM
There is no such thing as falling short. I set myself an unrealistic goal of $2000. I ended up up hitting $1100, expecting maybe $500 at best.

I'm completely stoked at the result. Totally pleased overall at our results.

With about 4 weeks, we made half as much as last year, when there were a couple of months of lead up. Not too shabby.

Rocco
09-13-2008, 09:23 PM
u have to look at the results from a stastical point of view. There is simply not enough data to analyze to judge the overall performance. Even if we do that, you tend to forget the reason why we did this to start with. Volunteering to do a fundraiser is mainly out of love and passion to the cause. So yea if u managed to put time into raising a bit of funds, then there is no such thing as an unsucessful fundraiser. If you feel like you could have done a better effort, save it for next year ;)

Jack
09-13-2008, 09:23 PM
Good call Rocco!

Sonny Cheeba
09-13-2008, 09:42 PM
you guys were on CityNews today.

Boris
09-14-2008, 02:15 PM
on saturday september 13, the Red Patch Boys orghanized and participated in the Terry Fox Headshave. While the final amount wont be known for a few days, i can say that this year proved to be a great success. In the two years that we have ran this, we have already raised more than $20,000 for the Terry Fox Foundation. That is a great accomplishment for us.

I woiuld like to take this time and thank Bruna from the Terry fox Foundation who helped me put the event together. I would also like to thank the volunteers from the Terry fox foundation and Top Cuts who came down to help with the even. I will write them a formal letter of thanks on our behalf.

I would also like to thank each and every single one of you who came out to spend the afternnon with us. Non eof this would have been possible wihtout all of you. Words cannot describe how happy I am. Its because of days like yesterday that we will surely one day find a cure.

In the coming days i will announce the totals for this year.

Thank you for coming out,
Thank you for your donations,
Thank you to anyone who helped with the tailgate!!!!!!!
Thank you for supporting the Terry Fox Foundation.

Thank you for everything and hopefully the third annual Headshave can be just as successful!

Boris Roberto Aguilar

can anyone who took pictures at the even PM me as I have been asked by many people including the foundation for pictures.

kelzag
09-14-2008, 03:55 PM
Thank YOU Boris for your time & efforts putting this whole thing together!!!!

We were also featured on the opening of the CBC game coverage. Always a great thing to have positive publicity.

flatpicker
09-15-2008, 02:37 PM
In the two years that we have ran this, we have already raised more than $20,000 for the Terry Fox Foundation. That is a great accomplishment for us.

awesome!

CoachGT
09-15-2008, 02:45 PM
We're actually pretty close to $25k in two years. If we top $8800 this year, which is probably within reach , we'll be over $25K!

Boris
09-15-2008, 02:45 PM
We're actually pretty close to $25k in two years. If we top $8800 this year, which is probably within reach , we'll be over $25K!

yeah, i just used the info i had at my disposal..it looks like we have topped 25K, but bruna and i need to get in contact

flatpicker
09-15-2008, 02:58 PM
^ even more awesome!!!

sulfur
09-15-2008, 05:35 PM
impressively, we're still collecting online... another ~$100 today.