PDA

View Full Version : The 2017 MLS Cup Champions Thread

James17930
12-09-2017, 07:26 PM
So this is what making history feels like.

Feels pretty damn good!

What will you remember most from this year?

StokeciTFC
12-09-2017, 07:27 PM
Trillium Cup! Canadian Championship! eastern Conference! Supporters Shield! MLS Cup!

TFC at the quintuple!

Champions!

SmokedPanda
12-09-2017, 07:40 PM
one more trophy to go

jloome
12-09-2017, 07:57 PM
Each and every player trying their hardest all season. Everyone made an impact from the DPs to fringe players

There will be much drunken posting here later I reckon

jloome
12-09-2017, 07:58 PM
Wow, 'Sounders FC Gameday' is actually playing on Seattle's Fox affiliate. It's somewhat glum.

oldtraffordPEI
12-09-2017, 08:05 PM
Classy tweet from Juventus

https://twitter.com/juventusfcen/status/939654403140866048

Detroit_TFC
12-09-2017, 08:29 PM
So this is what making history feels like.

Feels pretty damn good!

What will you remember most from this year?

Not experiencing our usual early summer collapse was pretty awesome. I started to believe at that point.

ManUtd4ever
12-09-2017, 08:33 PM
My voice is gone...still in shock...still drunk...

Wooooooooooooooooooooh!!!!!!!!

cmonyoureds
12-09-2017, 08:34 PM
That it took 12 minutes from final whistle to receive my first "buy your champions gear" email from MLSE...... lmao
I would have thought they'd be quicker.....

Eastend
12-09-2017, 08:53 PM
That it took 12 minutes from final whistle to receive my first "buy your champions gear" email from MLSE...... lmao
I would have thought they'd be quicker.....

Unfortunate they didn't have any on hand...or none that I saw with MLS Cup champs on it.

notthesun
12-09-2017, 09:04 PM
It will probably never get better than this. Soak it in guys.

oldtraffordPEI
12-09-2017, 09:07 PM
It will probably never get better than this. Soak it in guys.

Champions League, we can do it

Wagner
12-09-2017, 09:07 PM
after all the years on consuming garbage.
the mojo garbage.
preki ball.
etc etc...

to have won the Treble.

to get revenge against Seattle.

To win it at our house.
and have both goals at the south end.

that Jozy goal felt like nothing else. the euphoria.

and when Vazquez salted it...

What a night.

Wagner
12-09-2017, 09:09 PM
Trillium and East final are a bit of a stretch.

Most people celebrate the treble.

Brooker
12-09-2017, 09:09 PM
https://i.giphy.com/media/Ga0pjvG1fAS64/giphy.webp

BenRhodes23
12-09-2017, 09:28 PM
Iker Casillas just congratulated us on Twitter :scarf:

cmonyoureds
12-09-2017, 09:33 PM
Juventus sent congrats via twitter to gio and TFC also.

Inklink
12-09-2017, 09:37 PM
after all the years on consuming garbage.
the mojo garbage.
preki ball.
etc etc...

to have won the Treble.

to get revenge against Seattle.

To win it at our house.
and have both goals at the south end.

that Jozy goal felt like nothing else. the euphoria.

and when Vazquez salted it...

What a night.

Carver, Winter, Laurent Robert, Fuad Ibrahim, Gabe Gala, Andrea Lombardo, etc. etc.

Amen

Inklink
12-09-2017, 09:39 PM
We get a star above the crest. Finally!!!

JoeM
12-09-2017, 09:40 PM
https://i.giphy.com/media/Ga0pjvG1fAS64/giphy.webp

Accurate

Auzzy
12-09-2017, 09:45 PM
Holy fuck I don't know what to say.

This deserves like at least 10 fuads.

Legend TFC:
https://soundcloud.com/redpatchboys-1/06-legend-tfc

Auzzy
12-09-2017, 09:49 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AcS6zbCghZ4

RedsYNWA
12-09-2017, 09:56 PM
Champions League & FIFA CLUB WC for the sweep:scarf:

OgtheDim
12-09-2017, 10:09 PM
I will remember many things from that match but the two biggest were

a) the National Anthem

b) 30K people singing "We are the Champions"

Couchy81
12-09-2017, 10:24 PM
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSS. A decade of our lives . Live and die for this. Enjoy the moment boys

wopchop
12-09-2017, 10:31 PM
I will remember many things from that match but the two biggest were

a) the National Anthem

b) 30K people singing "We are the Champions"

We'll keep on fighting to the eeeeennnnnd!

mowe
12-09-2017, 10:37 PM
This season has been a dream. I'll never forget it.

Brooker
12-09-2017, 10:41 PM
Go on, Freddie.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yPKlrRwJB8A

grizzle
12-09-2017, 11:18 PM
What a game, what a night. This feels amazing!

clc12
12-09-2017, 11:25 PM
Parade set for Monday

https://www.torontofc.ca/parade

JuliquE
12-09-2017, 11:36 PM
Even without blitzing teams through the playoffs, they always had an air of playing like men possessed… and nothing epitomized that more than Jozy's goal against Columbus—goodness me, what a run—what magnificent season!

As an ex-pat, TFC helps me through the homesickness, and I just can't say how elated I am.

With the game starting at 10 in the evening, for me, the wife and kids had a nap, until just before pre-game, in order to be fresh.

It might not compare to some of the stories 'round here, but we made quite an evening out of it, complete with the kids kicking around a football in the house, here (fine by me).

I'll cherish the memory of tonight for the rest of my life.

OgtheDim
12-10-2017, 12:23 AM
We become the 13th team to earn the star above the crest.

__wowza
12-10-2017, 12:26 AM
Fuad Ibrahim

im on my phone right now.. but rest assured if I was on a computer I'd be spamming Fuad heads.

Auzzy
12-10-2017, 01:04 AM
im on my phone right now.. but rest assured if I was on a computer I'd be spamming Fuad heads.

Yes there's a major lack of Fuads on the boards tonight.

DIEHARDTFC
12-10-2017, 01:31 AM
Still drunk. This is amazing. That is all. Good night

tfcleeds
12-10-2017, 04:51 AM
Almost 5 am and I'm still buzzing...

Said it on the other thread, but I still can't quite believe it. This win is for not only the guys that were a part of this team, but for all those who came before. Dichio, DeRo, Koevermans, yes, even Frei. Everybody! So glad to have been a part of this journey the last 11 years, and so glad to have shared it with all my TFC brethren. Almost makes all the crappy years seem worth it!!

whositwhatnow
12-10-2017, 07:42 AM
WOW what a night!! cant say anymore TFC!!

TFC07
12-10-2017, 07:59 AM
We finally did it! It has been a long journey and it was worth it in the end. Can't wait for next season!

StokeciTFC
12-10-2017, 10:12 AM
https://www.seattletimes.com/sports/sounders/seattle-sounders-toronto-fc-mls-cup-jozy-altidore/

View from the other side.

BelfastBoy
12-10-2017, 10:55 AM
That loss to MTL at home seems like long time ago. :rolleyes:

icecoldbeer
12-10-2017, 11:01 AM
Anyone have a torrent of the full match?

billyfly
12-10-2017, 11:02 AM
I remember after the first season of Gio and the BIG 3 and the loss to MTL in the playoffs I was at the Training Centre for the end of season presser and I was behind the scenes (based on my job) and seeing Vanney and I was like thinking to myself "There goes a dead man walking".

Didn't think that a few years later we'd be here with the Greatest MLS team in history.

Yohan
12-10-2017, 11:05 AM
https://www.si.com/soccer/2017/12/09/toronto-fc-best-ever-revenge-2017-mls-cup-seattle-sounders

ensco
12-10-2017, 11:16 AM
Time seemed to stand still at key moments last night.

Altidore’s shot moving through the air. That split second when you realized he’d done it. It was slow motion, to me. OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG. I was haunted by the Frei stop on Altidore in extra time last year, I kept thinking about it in the off season. Now I will see Altidore’s shot flying through the air on its way to glory. Forever.

Late game heart failure. Giovinco lying there while Seattle attacked in the 90th minute. I love Gio, I know he had cramps, but, WTF? GET UP GET UP GET UP GET UP GET UP GET UP GET UP GET UP ……Then Armando Cooper hitting the goal post. He made such a beautiful play to round the keeper, how could he not score. Another split second: this is the only moment when my faith actually might be wavering, I cannot believe what I am seeing, this is some kind of ludicrous cosmic setup for a late game ….before I can finish the thought, in the blink of an eye, the carom has hit Vazquez and he had bundled it in.

Of course there are other blink of and eye moments – Altidore was thisclose to being offside (he did a nifty zigzag to stay onside, but boy that was close). How did Kamara miss last week? It all seems so inevitable now, but God, it’s so easy to fall on the wrong side of a blink of the eye.

Frei is Nemesis. We finally got to him, but, holy crap, what a display.

Oso, as many others have pointed out, so glad that a Canadian was such a major piece of something like this.

Bradley played maybe the greatest game I have ever seen any MLS player play. He was unbeatable, broke up numerous moves forward, bailed out defenders on the counter in big moments at least twice. Just wow. He was probably the MVP, not Jozy, but really who cares? It's not like we'd be here without either one.

I think there were two Sounders fans earnestly shaking everyone’s hands at the northeast exit postgame, saying “Congratulations. You guys are the best team in MLS history. “ Was I dreaming that? That seemed surreal.

It bugs me that Garber gave the Cup to Larry Tanenbaum. Sorry. That’s not right.

I love these cold weather games. Feels like big games in Europe.

The tickets turned out to be cheap at the price.

A question: what am I supposed to do now? Our team had the best record in league history, won the treble, finished with three straight clean sheets, and scored beautiful, elegant goals to do it.

Now What?

reggie
12-10-2017, 11:17 AM
does anybody have a clip of the jozy mic drop it was epic

Auzzy
12-10-2017, 11:22 AM
A question: what am I supposed to do now? Our team had the best record in league history, won the treble, and score beautiful, elegant goals to do it.

Now What?

Very nicely said throughout! What's next? CONCACAF Champions League, with an extra $2.8 million to spend, maybe Club Word Cup some day. :D

Auzzy
12-10-2017, 11:23 AM
Everybody please spare a thought for the random TFC fan in the purple toque, probably recovering in hospital today after Jozy's bear hug. Turn on the audio, it's worth it. :D

https://twitter.com/AustonGoatthews/status/939706663505944576/video/1

Is the above video stalling for others as well when embedded in the forum? Direct link on Twitter works better: https://twitter.com/AustonGoatthews/status/939706663505944576

Yohan
12-10-2017, 11:27 AM
https://league-mp7static.mlsdigital.net/images/aaaMLSCup_1x1_GameDay_Finale_overlay9.jpg

ManUtd4ever
12-10-2017, 11:35 AM
Time seemed to stand still at key moments last night.

Altidore’s shot moving through the air. That split second when you realized he’d done it. It was slow motion, to me. OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG. I was haunted by the Frei stop on Altidore in extra time last year, I kept thinking about it in the off season. Now I will see Altidore’s shot flying through the air on its way to glory. Forever.

Late game heart failure. Giovinco lying there while Seattle attacked in the 90th minute. I love Gio, I know he had cramps, but, WTF? GET UP GET UP GET UP GET UP GET UP GET UP GET UP GET UP ……Then Armando Cooper hitting the goal post. He made such a beautiful play to round the keeper, how could he not score. Another split second: this is the only moment when my faith actually might be wavering, I cannot believe what I am seeing, this is some kind of ludicrous cosmic setup for a late game ….before I can finish the thought, in the blink of an eye, the carom has hit Vazquez and he had bundled it in.

Of course there are other blink of and eye moments – Altidore was thisclose to being offside (he did a nifty zigzag to stay onside, but boy that was close). How did Kamara miss last week? It all seems so inevitable now, but God, it’s so easy to fall on the wrong side of a blink of the eye.

Frei is Nemesis. We finally got to him, but, holy crap, what a display.

Oso, as many others have pointed out, so glad that a Canadian was such a major piece of something like this.

Bradley played maybe the greatest game I have ever seen any MLS player play. He was unbeatable, broke up numerous moves forward, bailed out defenders on the counter in big moments at least twice. Just wow. He was probably the MVP, not Jozy, but really who cares? It's not like we'd be here without either one.

I think there were two Sounders fans earnestly shaking everyone’s hands at the northeast exit postgame, saying “Congratulations. You guys are the best team in MLS history. “ Was I dreaming that? That seemed surreal.

It bugs me that Garber gave the Cup to Larry Tanenbaum. Sorry. That’s not right.

I love these cold weather games. Feels like big games in Europe.

The tickets turned out to be cheap at the price.

A question: what am I supposed to do now? Our team had the best record in league history, won the treble, finished with three straight clean sheets, and scored beautiful, elegant goals to do it.

Now What?

Well said. As for what's next, we savour this for a couple of months and look forward to the CCL, which Manning has stated will be a priority next year.

flatpicker
12-10-2017, 11:44 AM
A lot of folks, myself included, were concerned that we hadn't seen the confident free flowing TFC since before our loss to Montreal in September.

This cup final was a return to form.
That was the dominating performance we'd gotten used to over the first 3/4's of the season.

It was a beautiful sight to behold.
What a long strange trip it's been from year one to now.

eustacchio
12-10-2017, 12:27 PM
I'm not even sure what to say right now. I just want to be part of this thread, too.

I would like to suggest an alteration to The Bounce.

Instead of

We'll never stop 'til we've won the cup
We said
We said

to

We'll never stop 'til we've won the cup
Again
Again

I'm just saying.

AdamAM
12-10-2017, 12:32 PM
I haven't been around as long as some of you guys and thus can't even imagine what some of you are feeling right now. But man, what a night.

From kickoff to final whistle we played like men possessed. Some of the plays Oso and Bradley were making seemed otherworldly, beating 2 or 3 guys only to get outnumbered and have the ball stripped off of them, but they would chase after the ball as if they were running on pure adrenaline until they got it back. Altidore's goal felt like a beautiful release; I don't think I've ever felt that emotion in my life.

From joining the TFC family around the time they appointed Winter to right the ship until now, I've seen nothing but loyalty and passion from everybody on here. Even in the days of Paul Mariner we had gamethreads 10 pages long. We never gave up on our boys, and now we can rightfully call ourselves champions and the best team in MLS history. :scarf:

Hamilton_Red
12-10-2017, 12:49 PM
It bugs me that Garber gave the Cup to Larry Tanenbaum. Sorry. That’s not right

The fans saved this though...no cheering when it was given to Tannenbaum..he wisely - quickly presented it to Bradley who ran to the team with it...cue the roar!

Detroit_TFC
12-10-2017, 02:01 PM
Sitting on the train back to Windsor, thinking about it all, the years of pain, the promise of better days ahead. And now, the domestic treble and recognition as the best side in league history. Takes my breath away.

flatpicker
12-10-2017, 02:08 PM
I've said it many times this season... Vazquez is one of the best things that ever happened to this team.

As someone who has seats near the top of 114, and therefore behind all the smoke, flares and flags...
This is easily the most exciting goal I didn't see with my own eyes, lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mOr49-xGf38

Boddington
12-10-2017, 02:11 PM
I wonder what Koevermans is thinking now..............

ensco
12-10-2017, 02:17 PM
https://www.si.com/soccer/2017/12/09/toronto-fc-best-ever-revenge-2017-mls-cup-seattle-sounders

This is the best perspective piece I've read on TFC in a while.

Thanks for posting it.

Our local media deserves some love too. They are getting a little here
https://twitter.com/taylortwellman/status/939926058706579457

Fort York Redcoat
12-10-2017, 03:10 PM
I'm not even sure what to say right now. I just want to be part of this thread, too.

I would like to suggest an alteration to The Bounce.

Instead of

to

I'm just saying.

Rhyming with

back then
back then...

:leaving:

Happy for the Treble! Bring on the Champions League!

Jack
12-10-2017, 03:19 PM
The Jozy goal felt so great and then the tension returned a bit as any weird bounce could have gone their way and tied it. But when the Vazquez goal went in, the tears actually came. I was hugging my dad and the realization that this was happening, that we had just sealed it, came over me.

dono
12-10-2017, 03:44 PM
No words. Glad I got to spend it with you lot.

5K5r3zC8xwM

dono
12-10-2017, 03:54 PM
Other than getting moved from our original seats due to a TON of ice and water, over to the accessible section (where we got moved again), got some great shots of the supporters tifo! And the clap at the end... I cried a bit.

https://i.imgur.com/K3trwVG.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/4UPxwpt.jpg

And the video
5K5r3zC8xwM

ensco
12-10-2017, 04:05 PM
I posted this on October 23, when we were debating what we want from the Atlanta-Columbus game ....

I want Seattle.

Only beating the snotrags to a pulp will quench my thirst.

:drinking::drinking::drinking:

Globetrotter
12-10-2017, 04:31 PM
This is cool. Jozy goal, from behind the net. You can move the camera around, which him slip right in front of it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r3Q1GiKZezM

Does anyone know a link for the complete game on ESPN (not TSN)? Or, from 65-95 minutes.

GuelphStorm2007
12-10-2017, 04:32 PM
Does any one know what TSNs viewer numbers were last night for the game

GuelphStorm2007
12-10-2017, 04:41 PM
Who would have thought 5 years ago That BMO field would be the field of champions

tfcfans
12-10-2017, 04:59 PM
I posted this in the members only thread but thought a wider audience might help the cause ---

.....Not to be that guy....but....is anyone more technologically inclined than I thinking about producing a DVD of this game like the Mtl Series one created last year? I'm pretty sure demand would be pretty high among the group.....

Just putting it out there....hoping for a brave soul to take on the task.....:scarf:

dupont
12-10-2017, 05:17 PM
You have to give some credit to Tim Leiweke. He was the one that convinced the ownership that we should spend to act like and become winners. He was right and without him this never would have happened. Why would a huge city like Toronto act like we are some small town? He changed the culture around the club and this season was the culmination of the changes he convinced MLSE to implement.
There are so many important parts to yesterday but I think everything started from that point.

tfcfans
12-10-2017, 05:19 PM
You have to give some credit to Tim Leiweke. He was the one that convinced the ownership that we should spend to act like and become winners. He was right and without him this never would have happened. Why would a huge city like Toronto act like we are some small town? He changed the culture around the club and this season was the culmination of the changes he convinced MLSE to implement.
There are so many important parts to yesterday but I think everything started from that point.

I agree...

"Why can't we be great".....that's the mentality that starts the ball rolling throughout the organization.....

tfcfans
12-10-2017, 05:25 PM
Just a warning, if you want to terrify your credit card and future financial well being - go on to the MLS store website....ummmm it's in American funds?! (yikes), and there are delivery charges and duty/taxes applied as well?! (double yikes)....and there are how many items with the words "MLS CUP Champions" on them?!.....let's just say, you and your wallets have been warned (that's not even including the 4-5 items at Real Sports online)....never been so happy to be broke....take my money please!!!:scarf:

boozilla
12-10-2017, 05:30 PM
I hope Bradley is able to chill out a bit now. His tireless obsession was the stuff of legends. Player of the year, hands down.

QSIM
12-10-2017, 05:31 PM
When you see it....

http://images.footballfanatics.com/FFImage/thumb.aspx?i=/productImages%2f_3006000%2fff_3006562_full.jpg&w=600

OgtheDim
12-10-2017, 05:49 PM
If you want to understand what it took to get this team over the line yesterday, watch the whole of the 24 minute long presser afterwards with Jozy & Bradley.

https://www.tsn.ca/soccer/video/bradley-has-been-obsessing-over-mls-cup-for-last-year%7E1281422

OgtheDim
12-10-2017, 05:51 PM
This is cool. Jozy goal, from behind the net. You can move the camera around, which him slip right in front of it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r3Q1GiKZezM

If you keep the camera going straight foward....Vasquez gives Frei the gears afterwards.

flatpicker
12-10-2017, 06:27 PM
If you keep the camera going straight foward....Vasquez gives Frei the gears afterwards.

Probably trying to get into his head a bit and break whatever confidence Frei had left over from his impressive first 65 mins of play.

Considering he's a former Red and I respect the guy as a solid player, I small part of me feels for him.
Like, maybe a finger nail size part of me feels for him.
The rest of me is over the moon.

Smokecell
12-10-2017, 06:29 PM
When you see it....

http://images.footballfanatics.com/FFImage/thumb.aspx?i=/productImages%2f_3006000%2fff_3006562_full.jpg&w=600

This is...interesting. If I'm not mistaken this jersey is about to be retired meaning the star will never actually appear on the jersey.

ryan
12-10-2017, 06:36 PM
When you see it....

That jersey gets replaced this off-season tho

RealG-TFC
12-10-2017, 06:45 PM

That's amazing. Din't think I could like him anymore than I did.

Brodzo
12-10-2017, 06:46 PM
Whats happening for the march tomorrow? Are we chanting with the boys for the walk? Meet up time and place?

Couchy81
12-10-2017, 07:17 PM
just watching the Leafs game and the crowd started a TFC chant with all the boys at centre ice for the puck drop. Nice to see.

Leedsoronto
12-10-2017, 07:18 PM
Yeh good to see TFC at the leafs game, well deserved recognition

JuliquE
12-10-2017, 07:27 PM
Far be it from me to tell the RPB what to do, but I had a tifo/2-stick idea:

0-1 ~ Side-Salad
2-0 ~ Main Course

This references the game, earlier in the season, when our depth players took on a full strength Sounders side (and Schmetzer's comments, in the media)… and, then…

ensco
12-10-2017, 07:34 PM
Yeh good to see TFC at the leafs game, well deserved recognition

https://twitter.com/torontofc/status/940013019882508288

JuWright
12-10-2017, 07:43 PM
What a fantastic night!! I am so proud to have supported this team from day 1. The feeling when we scored the first goal... the anthem... singing, “We Are the Champions”, the second goal. Speaking to so many other Season Ticket Holders throughout the night.. you could see it all by just looking in their eyes... it really said it all.

Initial B
12-10-2017, 08:25 PM
My son and I got back to Ottawa at 2am this morning. He had basketball and I had Choir, except I couldn't sing louder than a whisper - too hoarse!

It was good to see Chris there and finally put a face to Wowza's name. Sorry we couldn't join the march, but my son wanted to get to the stadium tout-suite. He didn't even stop for an autograph with Tim Melia (my son's a GK). We stayed in the rafters for an hour before gametime just soaking in the atmosphere as the stadium slowly filled up. It was worth it to make the memories with him for a night neither of us will ever forget. All thanks to you guys for giving us your unused code. See you guys again at Voyageur's Cup at TD Place next year!

billyfly
12-10-2017, 08:58 PM

Very True. Also have to thank David Miller and Joey Pants for helping the team to exist in the first place.

notthesun
12-10-2017, 09:13 PM
Does anyone know a link for the complete game on ESPN (not TSN)? Or, from 65-95 minutes.

https://www.reddit.com/r/footballdownload/comments/7ioacv/toronto_fc_v_seattle_sounders_mls_final_12092017/dr0nfzf/

PAOK17
12-10-2017, 09:24 PM
It's hard to describe what I am feeling personally, so I am just going to sum up my thoughts.

I remember coming home after the our first game at BMO against KC, thinking "Wow! This is awesome!" The atmosphere was there, but the product on the pitch was awful. Not just TFC, but MLS in general. I didn't care we weren't winning the first year. Or the second year. I was a little pissed at how we lost in 2009 at Giants stadium, and how bad we looked with Preki. I had some home under Winter when we went on that CCL run. But it happened while being the worst team in the world. We had some Payne, and had to put up with Defoe- but at that point we were used to not having nice things.

Then it all started to click when Giovinco and Altidore arrived. I was satisfied with just reaching the final last year because of the way we came back against Montreal. But last night, victory was the only option. And the team delivered. In style. If TFC dominated Seattle in 2016, they annihilated them in 2017.

Oh and even though the team had ups and downs for 11 years, our supporters continued to raise the bar every year in the stands. We have a 30,000 seat stadium and for the past two years (at least for playoff games) it feels too small for the club. The future is bright in this city, for the sport and for the club.

Globetrotter
12-10-2017, 09:25 PM
^looks like TSN not ESPN, but thank you for finding and sharing. I was looking for the ESPN only because the announcer was so much more enthusiastic in calling the 2 goals. Great quality of these vids.

Cuppy
12-10-2017, 09:43 PM
^looks like TSN not ESPN, but thank you for finding and sharing. I was looking for the ESPN only because the announcer was so much more enthusiastic in calling the 2 goals. Great quality of these vids.
hows this for raw emotion
https://youtu.be/JAXDH4ctEWo

https://youtu.be/mOr49-xGf38

flatpicker
12-10-2017, 09:43 PM

On that topic...
I was just watching some of the TSN broadcast, and it kinda sucks.
They have the crowd volume way too low compared to the commentators.
It really diminishes the sense of excitement for viewers.
And then of course there's the fact that the TSN play-by-play guys just aren't good.

Red4ever
12-10-2017, 09:48 PM
One the first dates I had with my now wife was at the 2012 Champions League quarter final. She had lived in England with a soccer obsessed bf before but didnt care about it.

I was away this summer on contract and she went to 4 games without me.

I know there are at least 1000 stories like this across the stadium. That's what makes last night so great.

Globetrotter
12-10-2017, 09:50 PM
hows this for raw emotion
https://youtu.be/JAXDH4ctEWo

https://youtu.be/mOr49-xGf38

Yes I watched that earlier, most exciting of what I've seen. By the end of the Jozy goal it sounds like he's just rhyming off every TFC player that's ever been on the roster. Though, my Spanish isn't particularly strong...

On that topic...
I was just watching some of the TSN broadcast, and it kinda sucks.

Yes... flip over to the epsn site and check out their highlights from the commentator.

wopchop
12-10-2017, 09:51 PM
I need to watch more Univision. Goooooooooaaaaaaaaaaaal. Awesome.

Richard
12-10-2017, 10:13 PM
Bring on the CCL! Time to win that one too!

RudanZidane
12-10-2017, 10:44 PM
One the first dates I had with my now wife was at the 2012 Champions League quarter final. She had lived in England with a soccer obsessed bf before but didnt care about it.

I was away this summer on contract and she went to 4 games without me.

I know there are at least 1000 stories like this across the stadium. That's what makes last night so great.

She's no part-time supporter.

TerryTheTerror
12-11-2017, 06:17 AM
Now What?

Enjoy the memory, move on, hope it can happen again. Fundamental mentality for being a football (I'm Scottish) fan.

12-11-2017, 08:03 AM
Amazing night.

TFC saved their best performance of the year for the final. If it wasn't for Frei, it would have been a 4-0, 5-0 game.

Champions!

James17930
12-11-2017, 08:42 AM
Please post pictures of the parade once you have them 😁

Bobo
12-11-2017, 08:59 AM
Whats happening for the march tomorrow? Are we chanting with the boys for the walk? Meet up time and place?

This?

zamperina
12-11-2017, 10:56 AM
Remember going to see TFC play an exhibition game in Florida during the 1st season and meeting Mo Johnson. Can't believe in my wildest dreams that just 11 years later we won the Treble!

CAMPIONE CAMPIONE OLE OLE OLE !!!!!!!!

Couchy81
12-11-2017, 11:59 AM
Yes I watched that earlier, most exciting of what I've seen. By the end of the Jozy goal it sounds like he's just rhyming off every TFC player that's ever been on the roster. Though, my Spanish isn't particularly strong...

Here is the MLS Cup Univision highlight pack

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eWnFHO7M6DY

Jack
12-11-2017, 12:02 PM
The parade is on Facebook Live right now.

benito
12-11-2017, 12:38 PM
Watching from my desk isn't quite the same as being there!!

Detroit_TFC
12-11-2017, 01:12 PM
Oy, they may want to keep the players away from the microphone, some of them are perhaps a bit over-served (with just cause, of course). lol

Detroit_TFC
12-11-2017, 01:23 PM
Going to say it, and I mean it - I hope the FO produces a commemorative DVD and include all of this, I'd buy it, 100%

Canary10
12-11-2017, 01:45 PM
Sooo bummed to miss the parade. Will have to settle for the live match memories. :)

Detroit_TFC
12-11-2017, 02:08 PM
Oy, they may want to keep the players away from the microphone, some of them are perhaps a bit over-served (with just cause, of course). lol

Ohmigerd, Jozy...lmao, it's mint.

grizzle
12-11-2017, 02:09 PM
Going to say it, and I mean it - I hope the FO produces a commemorative DVD and include all of this, I'd buy it, 100%

DVD? Just post the video on Youtube for free, this isn't 1999 anymore.

Detroit_TFC
12-11-2017, 02:13 PM

lol, true but was going for the old school feels...

Jack
12-11-2017, 02:13 PM
LOL Jozy was epic. What a legend!

Red4ever
12-11-2017, 02:22 PM
LOL Jozy was epic. What a legend!

https://twitter.com/TSN_Sports/status/940288167181275136

Yohan
12-11-2017, 02:23 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ewMnf358B_A

Primavera
12-11-2017, 03:11 PM
MLSE gave all Raptors season seat account holders a really, really nice commemorative framed pic and piece of the hardwood floor when they advanced to the Eastern Conference Finals a couple seasons ago.

It would be nice if they marked this remarkable season with something similar.

billyfly
12-11-2017, 03:14 PM
I scooted over to the VAN and MTL forums and its very quiet.

I thought there would be more hate/dismissal of the team's accomplishments.

Couchy81
12-11-2017, 03:16 PM
I scooted over to the VAN and MTL forums and its very quiet.

I thought there would be more hate/dismissal of the team's accomplishments.

They're all secretly loving it.

Globetrotter
12-11-2017, 03:18 PM
MLSE gave all Raptors season seat account holders a really, really nice commemorative framed pic and piece of the hardwood floor when they advanced to the Eastern Conference Finals a couple seasons ago.

It would be nice if they marked this remarkable season with something similar.

Maybe that's why there's so many seats torn out in the South end now! Here we thought it was just petty criminal activity. Maybe we were allowed to take our season seat home with us.

TFC Tifoso
12-11-2017, 04:13 PM
Still can't believe what happened this weekend.
So many years of sucking, having family/friends ridicule me for following this team....discussing how we'd be good to come away with a point in a home date......KNOWING that the only thing we'd take from a road trip is friendships and memories, because 1 point, let alone 3 would be out of the question. But those friendships made everything the years so special, and especially Saturday night.
From "the worst team in the world" to the "best MLS team ever"......its been a wild ride.
Jozy.....legend.
Just incredible......

Redcoe15
12-11-2017, 07:46 PM
Watched the first TFC game on a 4:3 analog TV, March 31, 2007. 10:30PM EST. A 2-0 loss to Chivas USA.

What a journey we took from that first step. It was a rocky road to be sure with all sorts of hazards and heartaches along the way - and some joyous memories to be exact. But it was worth it to reach the mountaintop.

This year was the most joyous to be a TFC supporter, by far. Saturday's game was a microcosm of the way our side dominated throughout the season on both sides of the ball. I was able to get out to four matches this year, the most I believe I've ever been to. There was home matches against Minnesota and Portland. Then there was the away trip to Chicago where our side got a dominant road victory over the threatening Fire and we filled up and owned the away section as if it were the southend. The most fun I ever had attending a TFC match until this past Saturday where we finally became MLS Champions, the greatest team in league history.

What a feeling! What a rush!

On to the CL!

UpTheReds
12-11-2017, 08:50 PM
I’ve literally invested just under a third of my life and thousands of dollars in this club (season seats, away trips, merchandise, etc.). I be been going to the games with my father since the beginning (got season seats in Jan 2007). His health has been decreasing in recent years as he has aged and I’m not sure how many more games in the cold weather he will be able to go to. Last year’s final was the first family Christmas with my wife’s family for my daughter so I had to make the difficult choice of putting my family first and not going to the final. It was gut wrenching. This year, I was stood there with my dad as we won the lot. When he’s gone, because of what we have invested in this club together (it has always been our time together), I will remember the moment we won it as one of my fondest memories with my dad. That’s what it means to me. My dad is from greater Manchester and my family has a unique history with Manchester United. I’m a massive fan of United but because of the personal history that I have with TFC, next to my marriage and the birth of children, Saturday night was the greatest night of my life.

Blindside16
12-12-2017, 07:15 AM
I am still completely hoarse from Saturday. I cannot wait for CCL to start. What an amazing team, and amazing night.

tfcfans
12-12-2017, 08:23 AM
lol, true but was going for the old school feels...

I am "older" like some of you and last time I asked about a Montreal DVD and was made fun of as a dinosaur --- someone kindly made up a beautiful dvd of that historic series and demand was higher (for an archaic medium) than you might have thought from fellow members to get one --- I'm in for a DVD if anyone want a to make one of the MLS Cup final.....come on fellow dinosaurs back me up on this....I bet if someone offered to do this in the group there would be a ton of demand....or maybe I'm just old....ha ha ha.....

lintberg
12-12-2017, 09:03 AM
I am "older" like some of you and last time I asked about a Montreal DVD and was made fun of as a dinosaur --- someone kindly made up a beautiful dvd of that historic series and demand was higher (for an archaic medium) than you might have thought from fellow members to get one --- I'm in for a DVD if anyone want a to make one of the MLS Cup final.....come on fellow dinosaurs back me up on this....I bet if someone offered to do this in the group there would be a ton of demand....or maybe I'm just old....ha ha ha.....

I would also love a DVD!!!

ScarboroughRed
12-12-2017, 09:37 AM
I don't wanna be at work after a weekend like that lol :drinking:

billyfly
12-12-2017, 09:38 AM
I know I am no longer a RPB (for several years) but I'd like a dog tag to add to my collection.

Derko
12-12-2017, 09:40 AM
It was an amazing season for our TFC, the treble winners, on to CCL. It is nice to humble those wankers on MLS.com. It is awfully quiet in MLS.com land isn't it.

Brooker
12-12-2017, 09:48 AM
It was an amazing season for our TFC, the treble winners, on to CCL. It is nice to humble those wankers on MLS.com. It is awfully quiet in MLS.com land isn't it.

Indeed. Always is for us. Feel the silence.

JuliquE
12-12-2017, 12:18 PM
Sooo bummed to miss the parade. Will have to settle for the live match memories. :)
You poor soul. =D

Winner!

I think that, with a DVD, often comes improved production quality of the footage and additional (behind the scenes) content—well worth, if you ask me.

Just look at the All For One series—brilliant, and have been a joy to watch, chronicling this journey.

greekasm
12-12-2017, 01:01 PM
Does anyone know if there an official estimate of how many people attended the parade/rally?

eustacchio
12-12-2017, 01:41 PM
I'd like a commemorative ticket - this PDF printout is not the same thing.

Red CB Toronto
12-12-2017, 01:47 PM

I got my ticket printed at the box office the day before the match on the official TFC stock, already have it safely in a top loader.

eustacchio
12-12-2017, 01:52 PM
I got my ticket printed at the box office the day before the match on the official TFC stock, already have it safely in a top loader.

Yeah - mean something better than just ticket stock - something like the season ticket package tickets - good call though.

In theory, I could just create a template and print a 'ticket' at work, I guess. I've been thinking about doing that for all of concerts I've seen with etickets.

ensco
12-12-2017, 01:58 PM

The MLS Extra Time radio podcast is amusing. Every one of these wankers picked the snotrags. Listen to them all eat humble pie here

https://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2017/12/11/extratime-radio-best-ever-toronto-say-yes-lafc-silly-season-madness

James17930
12-13-2017, 07:50 PM
Craig Forrest had some interesting things to say in this interview:

http://www.sportsnet.ca/shows/tim-and-sid-show/tim-sid-ownership-delivered-brilliantly-tfc-team-culture/

Yohan
12-14-2017, 08:14 AM
https://twitter.com/MayorJenny/status/941045698585231360/video/1

PopePouri
12-14-2017, 09:55 AM

Classy.

TFC07
12-14-2017, 10:20 AM

Nice.

Red18andRed23
12-14-2017, 10:24 AM
Us too...we would love a commemorative ticket!

We even skipped the "free" pizza from our BIG win Saturday night so we could keep our printed paper tickets...a 2 goal home win = free pizza haha

bigredone
12-14-2017, 08:20 PM
Cloud 9 is still my foundation as this joyful feeling does not fade. CCL is going to be a blast, and the campaign to defend our title is going to be explosive.

Aside from the last ?450? minutes of play, Bono robbing Larin is one of my favs.

Yohan
12-15-2017, 02:57 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=77QTZiA5E04

Yohan
12-15-2017, 08:34 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aLAML-3dS8M

anto7
12-15-2017, 08:39 PM
I watched this a couple of hours ago.......so amazing. I’m not afraid to admit I cried towards the end. To see the unbridled joy from the fans when we scored those 2 goals was just incredibly moving. For those of us who have been there from the beginning it makes everything worthwhile and I know for me it felt like such a huge emotional release when we finally realized our dreams that one day we would eventually be great.

RealG-TFC
12-15-2017, 11:31 PM
Man that opening sequence shot at field level with Vazquez scoring, taking his shirt off, the south end going bananas, the pile up, and the sounders players in the background is really something.

Auzzy
12-16-2017, 12:16 AM
Wow, two awesome videos. Hey who's cutting onions around here?

James17930
12-16-2017, 01:16 AM
Man that opening sequence shot at field level with Vazquez scoring, taking his shirt off, the south end going bananas, the pile up, and the sounders players in the background is really something.

Really bad choice of music, though.

And who the hell was throwing a beer at our players?

OgtheDim
12-16-2017, 07:32 AM
That opening sequence was amazing.

DinamoTFC
12-16-2017, 11:14 PM
I think the opening music and scene was amazing. If someone can turn that into a short video clip that would be great

Hamilton_Red
12-16-2017, 11:29 PM
Wow - that video is special...tear...eye..wipe. The main priority is to keep these guys together...good luck to any team that thinks they can win next year.

Hamilton_Red
12-16-2017, 11:41 PM

Brilliant!

Redcoe15
12-17-2017, 08:14 AM

Holy fuck, I just saw myself from 3:43-3:47!

I'm fat. :frown:

flatpicker
12-17-2017, 01:14 PM

I got a shout out! Woot!

flatpicker
12-17-2017, 01:16 PM
Holy fuck, I just saw myself from 3:43-3:47!

I'm fat. :frown:

lol
I had a similar experience after seeing myself in my sister's wedding pics.
Next thing I know I'm hitting the gym and googling weight watchers.

Rene Kingsriver
12-18-2017, 07:48 AM
I watched this a couple of hours ago.......so amazing. I’m not afraid to admit I cried towards the end. To see the unbridled joy from the fans when we scored those 2 goals was just incredibly moving. For those of us who have been there from the beginning it makes everything worthwhile and I know for me it felt like such a huge emotional release when we finally realized our dreams that one day we would eventually be great.

Glad it wasn't just me :) I managed to keep it together on the day... barely... but that video set me off