PDA

View Full Version : Fuck The Pink Jersey!!

blackandwhite
08-01-2008, 09:26 AM
MLSE... you guys are nothing but capitalist pigs who only care about if the seats are filled and how much beer is sold. You have no idea how to run a football club. Your marketing staff have clearly shown this over the last 2 years. One of the first rules of football... respect the colours!! This pink jersey is a disrespect to our colours!!

FluSH
08-01-2008, 09:28 AM
am I missing something here?

blackandwhite
08-01-2008, 09:28 AM
am I missing something here?

sent to Season ticket holders

// LOOKING GOOD!
The latest addition to our great TFC gear is a new ladies pink jersey. You can buy the jersey on game days at BMO Field and through the week at CentreSports (Air Canada Centre, phone 416-815-5746).

nascarguy
08-01-2008, 09:29 AM
yeah you tell them B&W

RealG-TFC
08-01-2008, 09:30 AM
uhmmmm...it's for women what do you care?

FluSH
08-01-2008, 09:31 AM
...unbelievable

This smells like a Toronto Maple Leafs marketing disaster... for the love of God why?!

RealG-TFC
08-01-2008, 09:32 AM
I really don't see the problem.

blackandwhite
08-01-2008, 09:32 AM

Women can't wear red/white/grey? The colours of TFC?

FluSH
08-01-2008, 09:33 AM

Maybe... because we want to paint the town red... not pink and red? Pink is not even our colour? It's some crap colour that socieaty says women are supposed to wear... WTF?!

Whoop
You don't mess with the colour of the jersey.

If you want to make jerseys for women, make women's jerseys. Jerseys that can fit women.

You don't mess with the colour of it... unless they decided to make the pink jersey the away jersey, which would suck.

RealG-TFC
If they want pink let them have pink, if anything you should be protesting the fact that our practice jerseys are BLUE, now that's a slap in the face.

GabrielHurl
I've no objection to making ladies jerseys - however at least keep them the same colour

ensco
Are we really this easy to offend?

FluSH
08-01-2008, 09:34 AM
I really don't see the problem.

Then let's all start wearing other footy kits to BMO... why not? Let's see some green, some blue, some yellow...

FluSH
08-01-2008, 09:34 AM
I've no objection to making ladies jerseys - however at least keep them the same colour

Thank you!

Mojo
08-01-2008, 09:35 AM
I like pink :(

FluSH
08-01-2008, 09:35 AM
If they want pink let them have pink, if anything you should be protesting the fact that our practice jerseys are BLUE, now that's a slap in the face.

I said the same shit too about the practice jersey's... and you can quote me on it.

JonO
08-01-2008, 09:36 AM
Are we really this easy to offend?
:rofl:

Damien
Do any teams in Europe or South America offer pink jerseys? Im not being cheeky, i've just honestly never heard of it in soccer.

Jack
It's also butt-ugly.

North American sports marketing at it's finest.

Whoop
No, but why not make different coloured jerseys?

Because it's stupid.

You would never catch a top flight football team selling pink jerseys unless you're Palermo or Benfica.

FluSH
Do any teams in Europe or South America offer pink jerseys? Im not being cheeky, i've just honestly never heard of it in soccer.

There is one in Italy... but that's beside the point.

RealG-TFC
Then let's all start wearing other footy kits to BMO... why not? Let's see some green, some blue, some yellow...

Why? This has little do do with the situation we're talking about. Why do feel compelled to compare people who wear the badge of another club on their hearts during a TFc game than the people who have Toronto on their jersey but have a different colour jersey?

nascarguy
08-01-2008, 09:37 AM
now hear this mlse : If you fuck up tfc like you fuck up the leafs there will be hell to pay.

Whoop
What's so hard about making RED jerseys in women's sizes?

Jack
Search for ladies' jerseys around soccer.

I did and have yet to find a pink one from any legit team. (US Soccer has one)

RealG-TFC
08-01-2008, 09:38 AM

Because it's stupid.

You would never catch a top flight football team selling pink jerseys unless you're Palermo or Benfica.

Juventus did it too.

RealG-TFC
08-01-2008, 09:39 AM
Well is there a picture of it I can see at least?

Whoop
Juventus did it too.

But yeah, that was their away jersey!

It wasn't it for women.

blackandwhite
Juventus did it too.

pink was one of their original colours...It's not TFC's. These things are made purely for profit.

TFCAlbertaGirl
I can't stand the stupid ugly pink jerseys! Who the hell wears pink to support TFC?

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
08-01-2008, 09:41 AM
sent to Season ticket holders

// LOOKING GOOD!
The latest addition to our great TFC gear is a new ladies pink jersey. You can buy the jersey on game days at BMO Field and through the week at CentreSports (Air Canada Centre, phone 416-815-5746).

hmmmmm is it surprising DENIS?

http://www.freeimagehosting.net/uploads/88e86853fc.jpg (http://www.freeimagehosting.net/)

Whoop
08-01-2008, 09:41 AM
I don't know why MLSE even tries.

It's not like the pink Leafs jersey flew off the shelves.

I know other NHL teams thought about making pink women's jerseys. Weren't so successful.

blackandwhite
08-01-2008, 09:42 AM
There is a reason why these signs exist

http://www.xihalife.com/u/0/2/2387/uploads/532/199600893745f46066aeff6.jpg

Roogsy
08-01-2008, 09:43 AM
Meh...I am using all my anger at the Argos to BMO angle...I could care less about a pink jersey. The only problem I have is that it will water down the "sea of red" that we currently see at BMO Field. MLSE...couldn't you have tried to make a red ladies' jersey first and then see if there was a need for a pink one? Anyways...this really ranks low on my "things that anger me" list.

If people aren't willing to be upset over other jerseys being worn at BMO (which there is an excessive amount) then what do I care if the girls wear a pink one from TFC? At least it IS TFC and not other teams.

RealG-TFC
I agree that there should be TFC women jerseys of normal colours first but to bitch about this with so much passion is a bit ridiculous.

Roogsy
pink was one of their original colours...It's not TFC's. These things are made purely for profit.

I am shocked that MLSE is trying to make a profit. I am sure our ranting and raving will change that.

canadian_bhoy
08-01-2008, 09:44 AM

Most teams have a ladies kit available. Its usually slimmer and more form fitting - but at least its in the team colours.

Here's the Arsenal one:

http://onlinestore.arsenal.com/content/ebiz/afc/invt/70800/m_70800.jpg

http://store.manutd.com/product_images/large/237944-601.jpg

Here is the Rangers one (Only available in XXXL)
http://www.rangersmegastore.com/axThumb/axThumbNail.aspx?FILE=708825.jpg&WIDTH=130&HEIGHT=130

As far as the pink goes - I'm not mad about it, I just think its stupid/tacky/ugly (red and pink don't go! :D )

Besides, everyone knows that girls wear pink, boys wear blue. they play with easy bake ovens and we play cowboys vs indians outside! http://s4.images.proboards.com/rolleyes.gif

Whoop
08-01-2008, 09:44 AM
That's true.

I'm being hypocritical here as I wear my TFC jersey to games, but in most stadiums around the world, supporters groups don't even wear their team's jerseys to games.

I just like - for the moment - for the visual aspect, but once a culture has been ingrained at BMO, I would have no problem leaving my jersey at home.

GingerNinja
08-01-2008, 09:45 AM
I hate the idea of the pink jersey.
I saw it at BMO during the all-star game.

I wear TFC-red to games, and would totally prefer they make ladies jerseys gender specific by cut, not colour.

RealG-TFC
08-01-2008, 09:45 AM
I am shocked that MLSE is trying to make a profit. I am sure our ranting and raving will change that.

:smilielol5:

jaahuuu
08-01-2008, 09:47 AM
There is one in Italy... but that's beside the point.
I think he meant selling pink jerseys in addition to your regular jersey. Palermo's colors are black and pink so obviously they sell pink ones, I think Juventus used pink as a 2nd or 3rd jersey a few years ago too. I have never seen a pink for-sale-to-female-fans jersey.

Whoop
08-01-2008, 09:47 AM
I agree that there should be TFC women jerseys of normal colours first but to bitch about this with so much passion is a bit ridiculous.

Isn't that what it means to be a supporter?

The point is that MLSE would rather push merchandise than improve the product on the field.

KdotOdot
08-01-2008, 09:49 AM
I hate this continent and it's views on Sports and Marketing. 3 more years..Oh God three more years and I can go back to Civilization!!

Ladies Love Julius James
08-01-2008, 09:49 AM
In 1898 Juve's original colours were pink, thus why they use it from time to time.

RealG-TFC
08-01-2008, 09:50 AM

The point is that MLSE would rather push merchandise than improve the product on the field.

Save it for the Argos like Roogsy. That actually mans something.

blackandwhite

Have some loyalty to your team colours man... if you don't care we'll end up with blue jerseys on the field because it matches BMO's colours.

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
It could be worst....Teams like BENFICA have a PINK JERSEY in there collection that the TEAM plays with!!

http://www.freeimagehosting.net/uploads/f697c7518a.jpg (http://www.freeimagehosting.net/)

whats the big deal?

13CP
I for one hate pink, and Im a lady. I hate buying men's jerseys, women have hips! And these jerseys, sweaters, and what not are cut straight. So now they have a woman's jersey and it's pink?

Roogsy
08-01-2008, 09:53 AM

Or maybe they are putting themselves in a position to justify a DP. At the end of the day, money rules all, especially sport and I am amazed at the constant griping against the fact that their goal is to make money. Like they had hidden it from us or something. The point is to find a balance between making TFC profitable AND good on the pitch. To bitch and complain about every little thing that makes TFC/MLSE money is stupid. Without money, we wouldn't have the team or now that we have it...it won't get better. In fact...teams have folded in the MLS for....*gasp* losing money.

Damien
08-01-2008, 09:53 AM
So are we going to start a protest?

Mrs. Workie
08-01-2008, 09:54 AM
I HATE when teams do this. If a chick is really a supporter, she'll wear the colours.

You wouldn't catch me EVER in ANYTHING that is Pink, and has TFC on it. Or United, or Red Wings, or anything...

Fuck Off with your marketing shit like this.

RealG-TFC

close enough?

http://images.productserve.com/preview/686/28581015.jpg

Carter
Not going to lie, the new pink jersey would look a lot better without the BIG RED BMO symbol if they had stuck with white it wouldn't have been so bad.

Torcida
08-01-2008, 09:55 AM
I see this as a slap to the face to all the true female supporters of this club who wanted a women's jersey with the teams colours. Am I right when I think this?

Mrs. Workie
08-01-2008, 09:56 AM
I see this as a slap to the face to all the true female supporters of this club who wanted a women's jersey with the teams colours. Am I right when I think this?

110%!

I bought a youth jersey- fits just fine. And it's red.

RealG-TFC

Now there is something worth complaining about

Boondaddy
cool women wouldn't wear gay pink shirts anyway....real footie women would only wear RED ;)

Jack

Agreed.

Parkdale
08-01-2008, 09:57 AM
the ONE AND ONLY time doing something like this is acceptable is if the profits from the jersey are going to help fund cancer research. If that was the case, and it was a limited run of women's jerseys sold TO HELP A CAUSE, then I'd be fine with it.

in this case... it's just lame.

13CP
08-01-2008, 09:58 AM
If your going to make jerseys for us ladies, make it in the team colours. Please and thank you.

scots17
08-01-2008, 09:58 AM
what..you didn't see this coming??? lol

all sports teams (most) have a "marketing" option to buy a pink ladies jersey...you know how many pink #4 they sell in green bay????? TONS!!!!

i've seen MLB, NHL, NHL all carry pink womens jerseys for the girls! it's not a new thing, where have u been????

another silent protest perhaps!?!?!?!

PATHETIC...

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
08-01-2008, 10:00 AM
close enough?

exaclty....its done world wide.....we make it sound as MLSE are the only ones who do this.......because they know nothing about football....?? They have no respect?? :noidea:

well there is a team..in the above pic....that has a little history :hump:

im sure we could post pics all day!

IF you dont like it dont buy it!

simple!

IF we only used half of the energy that we use on negitivty on these boards and used it at bmo........hmmmm the thought of that! :)

By the WAY ....PINK jersy are awful!:D

GabrielHurl
So are we going to start a protest?

Are half of us going to do it - and the other half bitch about it?

denime
close enough?

This is T-Shirt not a Team Jersey replica sorry this one does't count it's a big difference.

Boris
they(MLSE) just dont get it...thats all...

Shaughno
close enough?

No, not at all actually. Jersey does not equal t-shirt. Try again.

It's football, you don't make other coloured jerseys that the team doesn't even fucking wear. It's a disrespect to the team and the supporters who live and die for those colours.

RealG-TFC
08-01-2008, 10:01 AM
This is T-Shirt not a Team Jersey replica sorry this one does't count it's a big difference.

What's the difference? 60 dollars and a bunch of little holes? Apparently it's still "disrespecting" colours.

H Bomb
the ONE AND ONLY time doing something like this is acceptable is if the profits from the jersey are going to help fund cancer research. If that was the case, and it was a limited run of women's jerseys sold TO HELP A CAUSE, then I'd be fine with it.

in this case... it's just lame.

No real reason to find excuses for them. A simple pink ribbon on the regualr jersey would be fine. And there is nothing I hate more than profit for profits sake. But we've got bigger fish to fry than this. This shouldn't surprise anyone, but what you do is not buy it. Try to make sure those you know don't buy it. make sure the fathers you know don't think their girls will love it (even if they would). If they don't sell they wont be made....I wish that there was a better solution, and it shouldn't have been made but, enjoy being angry about it if you must...this is just the same world I've been living in my whole life.

Boris
It's football, you don't make other coloured jerseys that the team doesn't even fucking wear. It's a disrespect to the team and the supporters who live and die for those colours.

Its disrespect to the people who day in and day out support the team. plain and simple

Stouffville_RPB
08-01-2008, 10:02 AM

Because it's stupid.

Juventus has a pink jersey as well, but they wear it. It isn't some marketing ploy.

denime
How about a big PINK BANNER FOR NEXT GAME? Is it too late?Any ideas?

Jack

all sports teams (most) have a "marketing" option to buy a pink ladies jersey...you know how many pink #4 they sell in green bay????? TONS!!!!

i've seen MLB, NHL, NHL all carry pink womens jerseys for the girls! it's not a new thing, where have u been????

PATHETIC...

Find me a replica football jersey that's pink (and not one that's from Palermo, Juventus or Benfica, which actually used those colours).

blackandwhite
08-01-2008, 10:03 AM
exaclty....its done world wide.....we make it sound as MLSE are the only ones who do this.......because they know nothing about football....?? They have no respect?? :noidea:

well there is a team..in the above pic....that has a little history :hump:

im sure we could post pics all day!

IF you dont like it dont buy it!

simple!

IF we only used half of the energy that we use on negitivty on these boards and used it at bmo........hmmmm the thought of that! :)

By the WAY ....PINK jersy are awful!:D

There is a reason F.C.U.M. exists...

http://www.fc-utd.co.uk/

H Bomb
And the Pink Man U t shirt isn't really that far off. Would you be happy with a pink TFC scarf/hat/etc. Still the colours.

Boondaddy
Or maybe they are putting themselves in a position to justify a DP. At the end of the day, money rules all, especially sport and I am amazed at the constant griping against the fact that their goal is to make money. Like they had hidden it from us or something. The point is to find a balance between making TFC profitable AND good on the pitch. To bitch and complain about every little thing that makes TFC/MLSE money is stupid. Without money, we wouldn't have the team or now that we have it...it won't get better. In fact...teams have folded in the MLS for....*gasp* losing money.

well said mate...sick of it all too.

Let's just focus on enjoying our club!!

heather
08-01-2008, 10:04 AM
Most teams have a ladies kit available. Its usually slimmer and more form fitting - but at least its in the team colours.

Here's the Arsenal one:

http://onlinestore.arsenal.com/content/ebiz/afc/invt/70800/m_70800.jpg

As far as the pink goes - I'm not mad about it, I just think its stupid/tacky/ugly (red and pink don't go! :D )

Besides, everyone knows that girls wear pink, boys wear blue. they play with easy bake ovens and we play cowboys vs indians outside! http://s4.images.proboards.com/rolleyes.gif

I would LOVE it if TFC had a version of this!!!

I'm not mad about them not offering Women's jerseys (I bought kids home and away - they alright) just sad at the level of disrespect towards female fans

Parkdale
No, not at all actually. Jersey does not equal t-shirt. Try again.

oh man....

tell me about it.

http://i1.iofferphoto.com/img/item/378/444/86/o_2_2.jpg

^ what fucking asshole decided to make a RED away jersey for France? Honestly? WHY?

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
There is a reason F.C.U.M. exists...

http://www.fc-utd.co.uk/

So if TFC made a YELLOW JERSEY would that be the SAME disrespect??

Barbarez
well said mate...sick of it all too.

Let's just focus on enjoying our club!!

Why don't you go blow MO. He'll enjoy it.

RealG-TFC
08-01-2008, 10:05 AM
^^ lol even I can't defend a yellow jersey

Shaughno
08-01-2008, 10:05 AM
Scotty, yes. It would be just as disrespectful if the team wasn't playing in that color.

(yes, I read your deleted post. :lol: )

Barbarez
08-01-2008, 10:06 AM
Can we elect some people with football experience to run our front office. Please and thank you.

Parkdale

tone it down B. That's uncalled for.

GabrielHurl
^ what fucking asshole decided to make a RED away jersey for France? Honestly? WHY?

Well - Red is a colour in the French flag

RealG-TFC
08-01-2008, 10:07 AM
oh man....

tell me about it.

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/fifau20/blog-reed/2007/07/going_colour_blind.html
Going colour blind

Let's keep this simple - that way no one gets confused.
Mexico play in green shirts, Portugal in red and New Zealand wear white, right?
Wrong.
At the opening Group C games in Toronto the Kiwis, collectively known as the All-Whites, presumably to distinguish themselves from the legendary New Zealand All-Blacks Rugby Union team, turned out in an All-Blue kit against Portugal.....

blackandwhite
So if TFC made a YELLOW JERSEY would that be the SAME disrespect??

Why is TFC in the business of making jerseys that are not our official colours? From the small sample of women here we can see they have been waiting for a RED female jersey.. They got a great deal on pink fabric??

mdc 77
MLSE... you guys are nothing but capitalist pigs who only care about if the seats are filled and how much beer is sold. You have no idea how to run a football club. Your marketing staff have clearly shown this over the last 2 years. One of the first rules of football... respect the colours!! This pink jersey is a disrespect to our colours!!

Pathetic...I remember last year before the L.A. game when we were buying all those balloons and we saw a pink Leafs jersey in some shops on Yonge St. I seem to remember the comments..."Thank fucking god TFC doesn't have that shit."

well.....

Barbarez
tone it down B. That's uncalled for.

10-4 Captain Parky.

Whoop

Agreed.

I mean we know they want to make money, but this pink jersey idea is stupid.

I mean, just wait until they raise season ticket prices again in the winter.

Oh and there's still no DP? Gotcha.

Parkdale
08-01-2008, 10:08 AM
Can we elect some people with football experience to run our front office. Please and thank you.

this has very little to do with FO. Usually the marketing department for the league (tied to adidas) can do whatever they like. It's all about sales to them, not respect for the brand.

FluSH

PATHETIC...

Dude,

Has anyone said it's a new thing? I sure haven't... if you actually read my post I pointed out that this smells like a Toronto Maple Leaf disaster... pointing to their pink ladies shirts.

This is a pure cash grab and everyone knows it... what ever happened to All 4 One... Loyalty Runs Deep... and all of those TFC/BMO slogans? I guess loyalty runs deep until that hot pink jersey for women comes into town...

If every female at BMO Field bought one of these what would you see? A massive mix of pink and red... a mix of colours for our beloved team... at the expense of what???? the cash grabbing smiles of MLSE...

Get us a fucking DP and that's how you will sell more jerseys... stop fucking around with our colours

Mrs. Workie
I would LOVE it if TFC had a version of this!!!

I'm not mad about them not offering Women's jerseys (I bought kids home and away - they alright) just sad at the level of disrespect towards female fans

Exactly- a Jersey that's made to fit a women, but is RED (Or Grey).

Like you, I've got a youth jersey, and it fits just fine.

So now by offering these pink jerseys, now the fucking princesses that stand behind me can call themselves more of a fan cuz they have a jersey? I can see the conversations now....OMG, that pink jersey looks so cute on you- you should totally wear it to the bar tonight.....God I can't stand them!

Fuck this pink shit.

Parkdale
08-01-2008, 10:09 AM
Well - Red is a colour in the French flag

true, but not when it comes to football.

England is Red, France is Blue - that's just how it is.
Imagine if England released a blue jersey? holy shit that would be a bad move.

Chevy
08-01-2008, 10:10 AM
But yeah, that was their away jersey!

It wasn't it for women.

Both Juventus and Palermo have pink jerseys, but they are their official on field kits. Say what you want about that but I haven't seen a pink football jersey offered just for the sake of being a woman's version.

Shaughno
08-01-2008, 10:11 AM
Agreed.

I mean we know they want to make money, but this pink jersey idea is stupid.

I mean, just wait until they raise season ticket prices again in the winter.

Oh and there's still no DP? Gotcha.

They made $1M profit in their first year of existence, do they really have to make MORE money by disrespecting the club and it's colours by putting this bullshit out?

Maple Leaf Red
There should be a women's cut jersey but some women like pink team gear.

http://ladiesdotdotdot.wordpress.com/2008/07/31/ask-the-ladies-pink-hat-syndrome/

there's a couple of other viewpoints.

While supporters do 'live and die' for the colours of their team European examples tend to have a couple of things differentiating their cases from this one:

1. History - there is greater history to the jersey and their colours because the club is older.
2. Mindset - While there is a tonne of devotion to the individual teams in the major sports here there isn't near the insane passion that is displayed by football supporters in the rest of the world. People actually do "die for the colours" elsewhere. Here it's pretty rare.

That goes without mentioning that the NA mindset towards merchandising is very different. Every club and league has pink jerseys because they know that people will actually buy them. Laugh at the pink NHL jerseys but I see them at every Leafs game I go to see. Some girls like pink and all corporations love selling merchandise.

At the end of the day, it's more money that can be used to improve the club. Would I prefer no pink jerseys? Sure but it's not going to happen in North America. C'est la vie. There are better things to worry about like the fucking Argos moving into BMO.

RealG-TFC

They have (had?) blue shorts. :noidea:

Whoop
this has very little to do with FO. Usually the marketing department for the league (tied to adidas) can do whatever they like. It's all about sales to them, not respect for the brand.

Is this a league initiative or MLSE initiative?

I don't see a pink DC United jersey on MLSnet. Or even a pink LA Galaxy jersey.

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
08-01-2008, 10:12 AM
honestly..im not for this at all.......

I cant even stand to see a team like LIVERPOOL.....AKA the reds...march onto the field in yellow... i agree with denis shaug's..and the rest of you who are against this shite......

I just like to get a little reaction..;)

I wear RED..and ONLY RED!

Roogsy
08-01-2008, 10:12 AM
Too bad the marketing people weren't smart enough to ask the ladies what they would've liked. Maybe they would have come up with a red ladies kit before this ugly pink one.

I can understand not liking it, or the concept of the cash grab. But are we really THAT offended by it?

I remember seeing the pink Leafs jersey and thinking..."there is going to be some lame barbie Leaf fan that will buy this but no real fan, male or female would be caught dead in it". That's just the way it is folks. Talk with your wallets and don't buy it. If it falls flat...they won't do it again! But if it takes off...aren't those people, as lame as they are, really giving you guys the answer as to why TFC/MLSE would do this?

For real folks...come live in the real world for a little bit. If we are going to get this upset over every little thing, we won't have the energy nor the credibility to accomplish our goals on the things that really matter. I won't give a shit about the pink jerseys so long as I can get grass at BMO and keep the Argos out.

Shaughno
08-01-2008, 10:13 AM
Get us a fucking DP and that's how you will sell more jerseys... stop fucking around with our colours

Fuckin' eh Flush.

Whoop
Both Juventus and Palermo have pink jerseys, but they are their official on field kits. Say what you want about that but I haven't seen a pink football jersey offered just for the sake of being a woman's version.

Yeah, I agree.

Re-read my post. ;)

Roogsy

Agreed...but does TFC have any mortal enemies that wear pink? Then you might have a point.

GabrielHurl

Don't need to imagine - England have had quite a few blue jerseys throughout the years

http://i37.tinypic.com/2mme6jd.jpg

13CP
08-01-2008, 10:14 AM
Exactly- a Jersey that's made to fit a women, but is RED (Or Grey).

Like you, I've got a youth jersey, and it fits just fine.

So now by offering these pink jerseys, now the fucking princesses that stand behind me can call themselves more of a fan cuz they have a jersey? I can see the conversations now....OMG, that pink jersey looks so cute on you- you should totally wear it to the bar tonight.....God I can't stand them!

Fuck this pink shit.

Women have curves, Great! Now make us a jersey that isn't meant to fit a man! But make it Red please!

denime
I want TFC PINK BANNER or FLAG in south,it will look so IN and COOL. :crazy:

And that's why we are all going to TFC games, not to support, to be COOL and IN and have a nice :party: so we can tell our colleges at work how good it was,sitting eating and watching those crazy people in south stands trying to support the team all wearing PINK jerseys .
As far I'm concern MLSE you can go :sheep::dita::rant:

Feel better now :stogey:

Still can we make a PINK BANNER,please!

Whoop
There should be a women's cut jersey but some women like pink team gear.

http://ladiesdotdotdot.wordpress.com/2008/07/31/ask-the-ladies-pink-hat-syndrome/

there's a couple of other viewpoints.

While supporters do 'live and die' for the colours of their team European examples tend to have a couple of things differentiating their cases from this one:

1. History - there is greater history to the jersey and their colours because the club is older.
2. Mindset - While there is a tonne of devotion to the individual teams in the major sports here there isn't near the insane passion that is displayed by football supporters in the rest of the world. People actually do "die for the colours" elsewhere. Here it's pretty rare.

That goes without mentioning that the NA mindset towards merchandising is very different. Every club and league has pink jerseys because they know that people will actually buy them. Laugh at the pink NHL jerseys but I see them at every Leafs game I go to see. Some girls like pink and all corporations love selling merchandise.

At the end of the day, it's more money that can be used to improve the club. Would I prefer no pink jerseys? Sure but it's not going to happen in North America. C'est la vie. There are better things to worry about like the fucking Argos moving into BMO.

Agreed.

But where's our NEW STRIKER?

Shaughno
08-01-2008, 10:15 AM
Too bad the marketing people weren't smart enough to ask the ladies what they would've liked. Maybe they would have come up with a red ladies kit before this ugly pink one.

I can understand not liking it, or the concept of the cash grab. But are we really THAT offended by it?

I remember seeing the pink Leafs jersey and thinking..."there is going to be some lame barbie Leaf fan that will buy this but no real fan, male or female would be caught dead in it". That's just the way it is folks. Talk with your wallets and don't buy it. If it falls flat...they won't do it again! But if it takes off...aren't those people, as lame as they are, really giving you guys the answer as to why TFC/MLSE would do this?

For real folks...come live in the real world for a little bit. If we are going to get this upset over every little thing, we won't have the energy nor the credibility to accomplish our goals on the things that really matter. I won't give a shit about the pink jerseys so long as I can get grass at BMO and keep the Argos out.

I would agree but, does it not bother you that they are producing our club's jersey in colours other than the TEAM'S COLOURS?

That is a huge disrespect in my eyes. TFC is RED WHITE GREY.

Mrs. Workie
08-01-2008, 10:15 AM

You know what I'd like:

Ladies Jerseys
Ladies T-shirts
Perhaps a TFC Bucket Hat (I love my Man-U one- which is red, and reverses to white)

Only, and ONLY, if they are our colours would I wear them.

End. Of.

Shaughno
08-01-2008, 10:16 AM
Agreed...but does TFC have any mortal enemies that wear pink? Then you might have a point.

Does it matter? Disrespecting the club's colours is still disrespecting the club's colours. Rivalry or not.

MG42
08-01-2008, 10:16 AM
now hear this mlse : If you fuck up tfc like you fuck up the leafs there will be hell to pay.

the man has spoken.

H Bomb
08-01-2008, 10:17 AM
I would agree but, does it not bother you that they are producing our club's jersey in colours other than the TEAM'S COLOURS?

Are we still white at all? Are the away socks still white?

GabrielHurl
08-01-2008, 10:17 AM
TFC is RED WHITE GREY.

Well, officially it's Collegiate Red, White, Dark Onyx, and Light Onyx.

:)

Maple Leaf Red
08-01-2008, 10:18 AM

What are Manchester United's official colours? Or Liverpool's? They've both produced a rainbow of different coloured jerseys for the same reason: it makes more money.

Unfortunately, at the end of the day, football all over the world is a business. Like Roogsy said we have to pick and choose our battles. This one just seems a little pointless. Just don't buy it and sneer at whoever wears it.

blackandwhite

If they wanna run a proper football club and they go around saying they do then it's our job to hold them responsible. If you just sit back and let them do what they want we'll end up with Toronto Maple Leafs of MLS.

To be realistic we are not doing much really.. it's just few threads on couple of message boards.. this is the least we can do about any issue.

Boondaddy

maybe you'd enjoy it??

Roogsy
08-01-2008, 10:20 AM
Over the years...how many colours have Man United have? Red. White. Black. Blue. Shoot...the only thing left really is yellow and green.

Growing up in gang neighbourhoods...I recognize the stupidity of the affiliation to "colours". Colours don't do it for me man. Colours for me just represent the team...I don't worship the colours or make a big deal of it. I love the TFC red and I wear it proudly, but I am not one of those guys that goes off on a tangent if they changed the colours next year to black and purple. I would think it's tacky...but I am here to support soccer in Toronto and the boys on the field. Colours for me is a secondary issue.

For me the question is...what do I love? The sport? The guys who play the game? Or the colours? You guys are falling hook line and sinker to the biggest marketing ploy of all...the old "Coke Classic" issue that we are SO devoted to a "concept" that we don't even really care that the concept doesn't have any substance behind it.

If TFC came out in it's first year with green kits, we would have thought they were ugly but all of us would be wearing it. So what is the meaning behind the colours? Nothing...it's just the marketing that the team employs to create loyalty. And you guys, the very people who are complaining about that very marketing, fall for it every time.

I don't follow colours man.

Smenge
08-01-2008, 10:21 AM
I am wearing a pink thong, tomorrow it is baby blue, my dog sniffs his balls, I ate a worm in my apple....who gives a shit...what a stupid thread.

H Bomb
What are Manchester United's official colours? Or Liverpool's? They've both produced a rainbow of different coloured jerseys for the same reason: it makes more money.

Unfortunately, at the end of the day, football all over the world is a business. Like Roogsy said we have to pick and choose our battles. This one just seems a little pointless. Just don't buy it and sneer at whoever wears it.

This is a sad truth. Sure the team wears many of these jerseys but each year you will see a third jersey from European teams, and each year it will change, drastically at times. These are simply money grabs as well. It's a cancer on all the sports world.

Shaughno

Right, the TEAM has played in those coloured jerseys. Most them are team colours, throw back colours or blue (which has been a away/third kit for decades).

This is purely a cash cow doing what it does best. Making money and disrespecting the team colours that so many people have come to support.

JonO
This team still has thousands more fans than supporters and MLSE is trying to make a cash grab. I think it's in poor taste. Unfortunately marketers these day don't seem to have a pulse on the market - ESPECIALLY in areas where there job is easy, as it has been thus far. (Another examples is Rogers and their marketing department who thought that the original price plan for the iPhone was a GOOD idea)

However, I can't say that I am insulted by it. We do not live in Europe and there is not the same loyalty to colours here. I can't say there never will be, but it's a long way off.

I'd even wager that the vast majority of TFC fans wouldn't even notice this.

Not worth the aggro in my opinion...

Whoop
08-01-2008, 10:22 AM

Have yet to see a Man U or Liverpool home jersey in anything other than red.

Roogsy
08-01-2008, 10:22 AM
So if TFC now comes out and plays in pink we will be ok?

I will ask Paul to consider it. Then we can be ok with it.

Shaughno
08-01-2008, 10:23 AM
Over the years...how many colours have Man United have? Red. White. Black. Blue. Shoot...the only thing left really is yellow and green.

Yellow and green? You mean the original colours? I thought you followed United?

ps. do you oppose anything Deniz or I say on purpose?

GabrielHurl
08-01-2008, 10:23 AM
the only thing left really is yellow and green

you missed this?

http://www.prideofmanchester.com/sport/photos/mufc-kit92t.gif

Roogsy
08-01-2008, 10:24 AM
Not worth the aggro in my opinion...

QFT.

In fact...I would say WOMEN have a right to be more upset about this than the men, because in my opinion, this is a little pandering and condascending. The real female fans in the stands will continue to wear red.

What MLSE should have done is create pink T-shirts. But at the end of the day, nobody other than the posters on the boards will really care.

Maple Leaf Red
Right, the TEAM has played in those coloured jerseys. Most them are team colours, throw back colours or blue (which has been a away/third kit for decades).

This is purely a cash cow doing what it does best. Making money and disrespecting the team colours that so many people have come to support.

Regardless of whether the jerseys made it onto the pitch at the end of the day, they are just cash grabs like the pink jersey.

Hell, over the past three seasons alone Liverpool will have played European aways in green, black, and yellow. It's all an affront to the team's colour of red but as Roogsy said, at the end of the day you support the club not a colour.

Roogsy
you missed this?

I don't think there is much else to say...

How do you pull these things out Gabriel?

Shaughno
08-01-2008, 10:25 AM
you missed this?

Or you know... the first jersey we ever wore....

http://www.prideofmanchester.com/sport/photos/mufc-kits-1892.gif
http://www.footballheaven.net/acatalog/newtonheathshld.jpg

Roogsy
08-01-2008, 10:26 AM

LOL!

I am only a recent follower (not supporter) of Manchester United only because I needed a team to follow in the EPL. They never have been nor ever will be my #1 team so I will likely never know their entire history as much as some, although I do read up on them as much as I can.

And no...I don't purposely disagree with everything you guys say...but you guys seem excessively angry and irrational about pretty much everything.

This world contains different people with different tastes and some people don't seem to handle that very well.

Maple Leaf Red
Have yet to see a Man U or Liverpool home jersey in anything other than red.
Nope which goes back to the point that all of their away/third jerseys are just cash grabs. It's the nature of the beast.

H Bomb

Thank god for fridays eh?

Third jerseys are equally ridiculous in my mind though. How are they necessary? You have a home jersey (light or a darker solid colours or stripes) Then you make an away jersey with a different colour and the opposite contrast as the home. and a third jersey to sell to your fans to make more money. Teams disrespect their fans regularly, they've just been doing it so long we don't notice anymore.

H Bomb
08-01-2008, 10:28 AM
QFT.

In fact...I would say WOMEN have a right to be more upset about this than the men, because in my opinion, this is a little pandering and condascending. The real female fans in the stands will continue to wear red.

Best point in the thread. It is condascending to have one female jersey in pink and zero in red/grey. This should be our major beef.

Roogsy
08-01-2008, 10:28 AM
3rd Jerseys serve no purpose other than a marketing ploy to make *gasp* money.

But in their case, those are real clubs and MLS/MLSE are just mickey mouse, they aren't allowed to use that ploy until they become a real club and relocate to Europe.

H Bomb
08-01-2008, 10:29 AM
^^ BS man, don't give those "real clubs" credit they dont deserve

Whoop
08-01-2008, 10:29 AM
Roogsy,
I think people are just upset because this is just one more notch in alienating supporters in this city.

Where is our new striker and/or DP?

And more importantly WHAT IS THEIR STANCE ON THE ARGOS THREATENING TO MOVE INTO BMO?

But I guess they're more concerned about putting out pink jerseys.

Roogsy
08-01-2008, 10:30 AM
Roogsy,
I think people are just upset because this is just one more notch in alienating supporters in this city.

Where is our new striker and/or DP?

And more importantly WHAT IS THEIR STANCE ON THE ARGOS THREATENING TO MOVE INTO BMO?

But I guess they're more concerned about putting out pink jerseys.

Ah...the proverbial straw that broke the camel's back! That I can understand. I would hope this is the case...because otherwise we have some really angry, embittered people in our midst!

Mrs. Workie
08-01-2008, 10:30 AM
LOL!

And no...I don't purposely disagree with everything you guys say...but you guys seem excessively angry and irrational about pretty much everything.

It's called Passion Roogsy, and their's come out in a different manner than the rest of us.

And NO, it's not just Women that should be upset about this. All Supports should be upset by this- whether they're male or female.

Heathen
08-01-2008, 10:31 AM
Thank god for fridays eh?

Third jerseys are equally ridiculous in my mind though. How are they necessary? You have a home jersey (light or a darker solid colours or stripes) Then you make an away jersey with a different colour and the opposite contrast as the home. and a third jersey to sell to your fans to make more money. Teams disrespect their fans regularly, they've just been doing it so long we don't notice anymore.

Teams will always need a third jersey, look at Birmingham say we have a white 2nd jersey, what happens when we play Sheff Wed or QPR? we have a red 2nd jersey what happens when we play Crystal Palace, we have a black 2nd jersey what happens when we play Inter Milan in the UCL final :noidea:

Shaughno
LOL!

I am only a recent follower (not supporter) of Manchester United only because I needed a team to follow in the EPL. They never have been nor ever will be my #1 team so I will likely never know their entire history as much as some, although I do read up on them as much as I can.

This world contains different people with different tastes and some people don't seem to handle that very well.

So you post equally as aggressive and equally as irrational posts to retort? :noidea:

nascarguy
I guess it is time to write some letter to Stephanie Campbell
http://toronto.fc.mlsnet.com/t280/imgs/about/meet_us/2008/campbell_stephanie.jpg (scampbell@torontofc.ca) Marketing, Advertising and Branding

and
Kelli Wood
http://toronto.fc.mlsnet.com/t280/imgs/about/meet_us/2008/wood_kelli.jpg (kwood@torontofc.ca) Marketing

GabrielHurl
08-01-2008, 10:32 AM
Speaking of jerseys -

how boss do some of these designs look?

In order - home, away, 3rd, keeper
http://i35.tinypic.com/m7yfmb.png

Shaughno
08-01-2008, 10:32 AM
Ah...the proverbial straw that broke the camel's back! That I can understand. I would hope this is the case...because otherwise we have some really angry, embittered people in our midst!

angry, embittered?

No, passionate.

I can't believe I actually thought MLSE cared about TFC outside of profits.

H Bomb
08-01-2008, 10:33 AM
Teams will always need a third jersey, look at Birmingham say we have a white 2nd jersey, what happens when we play Sheff Wed or QPR? we have a red 2nd jersey what happens when we play Crystal Palace, we have a black 2nd jersey what happens when we play Inter Milan in the UCL final :noidea:

don't worry dude. I've got Birminghams 3rd from last year

GabrielHurl

I don't think there is much else to say...

How do you pull these things out Gabriel?

Dude, I've completed teh internets on Hard level - I can find anything

Northern Soul
NFL and NHL teams do this all of the time - I HATE IT. I agree that they should make ladies' jerseys in the regular team colours. My wife also hates that they do this.

Roogsy

Hockey teams never have had this problem...why haven't soccer teams found the need to just keep 2 jerseys?

Because they don't have to...it's more profitable to have 3 kits and they know it. So they create this manufactured "we need a 3rd kit" issue to ensure that there are always sales for jerseys.

Does someone know the history of the 3rd kit? I would be very interested in hearing it. When did the 3rd kit first arrive and who used it?

H Bomb
08-01-2008, 10:34 AM
don't turn this thread into a thread ABOUT arguing guys. You'll just end up embittered

mclaren
LOL!

You need a Premier League team Roogsy? Support Sunderland.

canadian_bhoy
Before anyone goes to burn down the ACC - there is a strong possibility that TFC and MLSE had no say in this shirt being made/marketed.

Kits and colours are mandated by the league - let's not forget that TFC had to get MLS approval to switch to an all red kit. and to quasai quote mlsintoronto re: the 2009 jerseys "away grey shirts are still a go - unfortunately"

MLS is a league full of good businessmen who are bafoons when it comes to football and they get 10 things wrong for every 1 they get right.

People need to start directing their anger to MLS and SUM instead of MLSE.

profit89
nothing wrong with profits.. part of it goes to mls.. league improves as a result

Razcle
08-01-2008, 10:35 AM
Guys...read between the lines...all the money from the pink jersey sales goes toward the Canadian Brest Cancer Society........ If only we were Barca would this be true

Roogsy
Dude, I've completed teh internets on Hard level - I can find anything

LOL!

I assume you have reached this then?

http://www.endoftheinternet.com/

I am working my way towards it.

blackandwhite

It's a fucking thread on an INTERNET forum... did i go burn down the centre sports?? give me a break.. It's not my fault you can't take a stand on issues.

Barbarez
08-01-2008, 10:36 AM
Hockey teams never have had this problem...why haven't soccer teams found the need to just keep 2 jerseys?

Because they don't have to...it's more profitable to have 3 kits and they know it. So they create this manufactured "we need a 3rd kit" issue to ensure that there are always sales for jerseys.

Does someone know the history of the 3rd kit? I would be very interested in hearing it. When did the 3rd kit first arrive and who used it?

Are you a girl?

Shaughno
08-01-2008, 10:36 AM
Before anyone goes to burn down the ACC - there is a strong possibility that TFC and MLSE had no say in this shirt being made/marketed.

Kits and colours are mandated by the league - let's not forget that TFC had to get MLS approval to switch to an all red kit. and to quasai quote mlsintoronto re: the 2009 jerseys "away grey shirts are still a go - unfortunately"

MLS is a league full of good businessmen who are bafoons when it comes to football and they get 10 things wrong for every 1 they get right.

People need to start directing their anger to MLS and SUM instead of MLSE.

Until MLSE does something worth noting about the team, I can direct any anger I want in their direction.

I don't suck up to them or their employee's. I will let them know when I'm unhappy.

Roogsy
08-01-2008, 10:37 AM
You need a Premier League team Roogsy? Support Sunderland.

They weren't in the league when I started following the EPL...but I am proud to say that when they play, I find myself rooting for the black cats.

Keane was one of the reasons I started liking MU...(no, not Beckham) and I like the attitude he brings to Sunderland.

Roogsy
08-01-2008, 10:38 AM
It's a fucking thread on an INTERNET forum... did i go burn down the centre sports?? give me a break.. It's not my fault you can't take a stand on issues.

I do take a stand...on issues I believe in. If you knew me from a hole in the wall, you would know that.

Roogsy
08-01-2008, 10:39 AM
Are you a girl?

Why you interested?

Shaughno
08-01-2008, 10:41 AM
Why you interested?

Think he just wants to ask if he could wash the sand out of your vag for you. ;)

Razcle
08-01-2008, 10:41 AM
Why you interested?

Only if that is a self portrait in your avitar...congrats on the financial move by the way!

Barbarez
08-01-2008, 10:44 AM
Why you interested?

You must take it up the ass than.

adamdz
08-01-2008, 10:44 AM
"Fuck the pink", I can follow that mantra.

I agree that shit is rediculous. WTF, there is a sea of red every game, what selling red gear to everyone is not enough?

Parkdale
08-01-2008, 10:45 AM
Guys...read between the lines...all the money from the pink jersey sales goes toward the Canadian Brest Cancer Society........ If only we were Barca would this be true

it does?

well then there's an upside to it that isn't strictly about making money.

Shaughno
"Fuck the pink", I can follow that mantra.

I agree that shit is rediculous. WTF, there is a sea of red every game, what selling red gear to everyone is not enough?

Apparently it's acceptable to a lot of fans as well. :noidea:

Roogsy
Think he just wants to ask if he could wash the sand out of your vag for you. ;)

LOL!

Out of my vag? You guys are the ones bitching like bitter old women.

"Oh it's not like the old days!

These young'uns don't know what real music is!

They don't know how to run a football team!"

Just get laid already and relax.

Every time somebody disagrees with you guys, they're women with sand in their vag. Real witty. Somebody hit me over the head so my IQ is reduced enough so I find that intelligent.

blackandwhite
08-01-2008, 10:46 AM
I do take a stand...on issues I believe in. If you knew me from a hole in the wall, you would know that.

For the last 2 years you've been on the other side of every thread me and shaughno started! good for you for defending MLSE yet on another issue!!

Roogsy
08-01-2008, 10:47 AM
You must take it up the ass than.

I'd retort at your level but it would probably get me banned...if this is as intelligent as you can be, I am surprised you can find your way around the tubes of the internetz.

Troll
Oh no, girls can buy pink TFC kits.

Seriously, who gives a fuck.

blackandwhite
LOL!

Out of my vag? You guys are the ones bitching like bitter old women.

"Oh it's not like the old days!

These young'uns don't know what real music is!

They don't know how to run a football team!"

Just get laid already and relax.

Every time somebody disagrees with you guys, they're women with sand in their vag. Real witty. Somebody hit me over the head so my IQ is reduced enough so I find that intelligent.

Why don't you relax and stop acting like MLSE lawyers everytime we raise an issue... it's getting boring!

Roogsy
08-01-2008, 10:49 AM
Apparently it's acceptable to a lot of fans as well. :noidea:

Acceptable? For someone who complains his posts are constantly misunderstood, you do a great job of misrepresenting other people's posts Jay. :hurray:

Roogsy
Why don't you relax and stop acting like MLSE lawyers everytime we raise an issue... it's getting boring!

And your rants are just as boring. I am surprised you don't yell at the McDonalds cashier if she jips you a dime.

H Bomb
This just got retarded as usual. Mods, do your jobs.

canadian_bhoy
08-01-2008, 10:52 AM
Until MLSE does something worth noting about the team, I can direct any anger I want in their direction.

I don't suck up to them or their employee's. I will let them know when I'm unhappy.

You completely missed my point.

I'm not saying "hey MLSE are our buddies, let's not question their actions, MLSE rules" etc.

I'm saying that this jersey is more than likely a product of MLS and SUM - if you're going to complain about the jersey, then you should be complaining about MLS and SUM.

Its like yelling at the TTC driver because the fares went up.

Parkdale
yep... this is beyond dumb.

blackandwhite
And your rants are just as boring. I am surprised you don't yell at the McDonalds cashier if she jips you a dime.

don't come in the thread.. very simple!!

you can't even defend MLSE is most issues.. it just looks very very stupid..

RESPECT THE COLORS! you can't argue this! THIS IS FOOTBALL! LEARN THE CULTURE!

Barbarez
08-01-2008, 10:53 AM
I'd retort at your level but it would probably get me banned...if this is as intelligent as you can be, I am surprised you can find your way around the tubes of the internetz.

Are you an ugly kid?

blackandwhite

I'm saying that this jersey is more than likely a product of MLS and SUM - if you're going to complain about the jersey, then you should be complaining about MLS and SUM.

How do you know this? You got any proof?? until then I am blaming MLSE.

Roogsy
don't come in the thread.. very simple!!

you can't even defend MLSE is most issues.. it just looks very very stupid..

RESPECT THE COLORS! you can't argue this! THIS IS FOOTBALL! LEARN THE CULTURE!

So you just want people who agree with you in the posts you start.

No problem. I will do so from now on. Apparently you can't deal with an opposing point of view.

I'm out.

Parkdale
08-01-2008, 10:54 AM
my final thoughs:

1 - respect the team colours. that is important
2 - the is a marketing thing that is beyond our FO.
3- if the jerseys are for cancer research, and profits go to the charity, then some good can come from the bad.

closing the thread -- if any mods feel it was closed prematurely, fell free to open it back up and YOU can deal with this one.

Shaughno
08-01-2008, 10:54 AM

I'm not saying "hey MLSE are our buddies, let's not question their actions, MLSE rules" etc.

Its like yelling at the TTC driver because the fares went up.

So are you saying the NHL forced MLSE to make pink Leafs merchandise?:noidea:

Shaughno
08-01-2008, 10:55 AM
my final thoughs:

1 - respect the team colours. that is important

2 - the is a marketing thing that is beyond our FO.

3- if the jerseys are for cancer research, and profits go to the charity, then some good can come from the bad.

Yes.

No proof.

They aren't. It would be highly publicized if it were true.

Shaughno
08-01-2008, 10:55 AM
So you just want people who agree with you in the posts you start.

No problem. I will do so from now on. Apparently you can't deal with an opposing point of view.

I'm out.

That's never been the issue and you know it.

Jack
08-01-2008, 11:04 AM
Once again we get to mud-slinging and spouting off.

Must be a Friday on the RPB boards again.

Everyone chill the fuck out and drop it.

7 pages and half of them are tired rhetoric and insults again.