PDA

View Full Version : MLS Cup Final - Seattle @ TFC Saturday Dec 9 4pm All For the One - Again

Pages : [1] 2 3

Red CB Toronto
12-01-2017, 05:23 AM
Looking forward to the Reds taking care of some “Unfinished Business”, please discuss.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gnoOwEmFaVw

OgtheDim
12-01-2017, 06:24 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4h93TvvHz4o

As suggested by Magmadragon

Have at It People

PizzaEatingYeti
12-01-2017, 06:33 AM
All I have to add right now is:

:scarf: :scarf: :scarf:

:drum:

:flare:

denime
12-01-2017, 06:55 AM
Threads merged

OgtheDim
12-01-2017, 06:56 AM
Sorry CB - didn't see it.

Unfinished business indeed.

OgtheDim
12-01-2017, 07:11 AM
Oh, and this was a good choice by Hamilton Red I didn't see either.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kOFu6b3w6c0

RealG-TFC
12-01-2017, 08:11 AM
As much as it seems like Seattle are hot right now, which frightens me, the idea that they had to face the Whitecaps and the Dynamo to get to the final makes me feel a little better. I think being in the East and having had a tougher road to the final works in our favour.

Joe Kool
12-01-2017, 08:38 AM
As much as it seems like Seattle are hot right now, which frightens me, the idea that they had to face the Whitecaps and the Dynamo to get to the final makes me feel a little better. I think being in the East and having had a tougher road to the final works in our favour.

I agree. They have had the easier path and they are pretty confident since they scored a bunch of goals against Houston. Hopefully they come into Toronto over confident. Sounders fans keep posting for the last month that if Seattle meets Toronto then TFC are in for a rude awakening because Sounders are so much better this year. They totally ignore the fact that TFC are that much better this year too, historic season and all that. Would be epic to beat them in regulation time by a couple goals. Will never hear the end of it if we lose. A lot riding on this game.

Globetrotter
12-01-2017, 08:45 AM
We beat a 54 and 50 point team, they beat a 52 and 50 point team.

Scotty74
12-01-2017, 09:02 AM

Agree with this. The East was the stronger conference this year. Last year we came into the final all guns blazing have scored 7 against NYCFC and another 7 against Montreal, whereas this year we've had to scrap and battle into the final, which I think we help us going into this game

dal524
12-01-2017, 09:15 AM
i think we should be better prepared for the rematch. last year philly, nycfc and mtl did not play us the way seattle did in the final and as a result we just couldnt muster anything on the scoresheet. this year the second legs of the nyrb and clb games were similar to the seattle game in that the opposition just sat back and tried to suffocate our attacking players but we still found a way through (albeit with a bit of luck from poor finishing by opposition). One thing to note is we have much better goaltending this year in Bono compared to Irwin and we have vasquez (but seattle will have dempsey, bruin etc). Im concerned Altidore may not be 100% for this game which causes a big problem in terms of not having a big man to layoff passes in midfield and the final third (ricketts is not capable of that). needless to say, im a bit worried about this game but hopefully they are motivated to correct what happened last year.

JuliquE
12-01-2017, 09:35 AM
We beat a 54 and 50 point team, they beat a 52 and 50 point team.
Welcome to the thread; quite the rallying-cry, to kick things off.

To be fair, the points total is skewed, as any one paying attention will tell you the East was the stronger of the two conferences, this season, when you look at head-to-head results… so, the point still stands, semantics notwithstanding.

I feel like we're due goals, and there's reason to feel we could explode into form, finding another gear, for a game we've been obsessed with getting to.

mowe
12-01-2017, 09:42 AM
Waited a whole year for this exact matchup: Seattle, at home, for MLS Cup.

They're playing really well and might be the only team in the league not intimidated by playing here. But there's no other team I'd rather face.

Bring it on. :scarf:

Globetrotter
12-01-2017, 09:50 AM
^the comment was neither a pro or con... simply by the numbers.

Much like we allowed the 2nd lowest amount of goals (37) and Seattle the 3rd lowest (39). Just numbers.

If you really want to dive into analysis, look at the games that we should have won, but tied or lost and what do most have in common? Our opponent absolutely clogged the back end of the field, suffocating and frustrating our offense, and we didn't come away with full points.

Colorado, DC to name a couple of bad ones (particularly how DC locked down), and even in the playoffs. NYRB game 2, Columbus both games. When we score, we score 4 per game... hence the 70~ goals this year, but those teams that lock down and play for 1 lucky break have taken points from us.

If I remember correctly, a Seattle team did the exact same thing to us last year. Worked out pretty well for them.

There's every reason to be concerned that they can shut us down and know the blue print to victory.

The positive? Toronto has the best players, overall team, can score 4 goals/game, and playing at home. I think this is a 50/50 game again... as I suppose all finals should be.

Canary10
12-01-2017, 09:58 AM
We brought Victor Vazquez in specifically for teams playing us like this. He produced the bit of magic we needed against Columbus. Hopefully he does the same against Seattle.

stevep
12-01-2017, 10:31 AM
I'm happy that we will actually get to see a real game where winner takes all, not a game dictated by away goals bullshit

kodiakTFC
12-01-2017, 10:35 AM
Please mother nature, don't be cruel.

ryan
12-01-2017, 10:55 AM
Please mother nature, don't be cruel.

With our gritty play of late and Seattle playing fluid, I think 2-4cm of snow works in our favour.

ryan
12-01-2017, 10:56 AM
I'm happy that we will actually get to see a real game where winner takes all, not a game dictated by away goals bullshit

If you take away "away goals" you end up with more games going to PK's, which is worse IMO.

Couchy81
12-01-2017, 10:57 AM
With our gritty play of late and Seattle playing fluid, I think 2-4cm of snow works in our favour.

Orange ball? Sure why not! Bring the snow!

ryan
12-01-2017, 11:06 AM
Orange ball? Sure why not! Bring the snow!

That and -6 is the current forecast I believe.

I want to see a Seba snow angel pls.

JuliquE
12-01-2017, 11:29 AM

Much like we allowed the 2nd lowest amount of goals (37) and Seattle the 3rd lowest (39). Just numbers.

If you really want to dive into analysis, look at the games that we should have won, but tied or lost and what do most have in common? Our opponent absolutely clogged the back end of the field, suffocating and frustrating our offense, and we didn't come away with full points.

Colorado, DC to name a couple of bad ones (particularly how DC locked down), and even in the playoffs. NYRB game 2, Columbus both games. When we score, we score 4 per game... hence the 70~ goals this year, but those teams that lock down and play for 1 lucky break have taken points from us.

If I remember correctly, a Seattle team did the exact same thing to us last year. Worked out pretty well for them.

There's every reason to be concerned that they can shut us down and know the blue print to victory.

The positive? Toronto has the best players, overall team, can score 4 goals/game, and playing at home. I think this is a 50/50 game again... as I suppose all finals should be.
Just feels like cherry-picking, to me; there were surely games where sides locked down, as you say, that we won… but we're ignoring those.

Parking the bus is a tactic used because even the greatest sides in the world succumb to it, once in a while; hardly the barometer, for me.

I don't think anyone is thinking this will be a cake-walk, if that's your point.

We brought Victor Vazquez in specifically for teams playing us like this. He produced the bit of magic we needed against Columbus. Hopefully he does the same against Seattle.
^Everything.

TFC Tifoso
12-01-2017, 11:41 AM
I can't believe this hasn't been done yet, buuuuuut.......lol.....

FIGHT!!!!.....AND WIN!!!!

Initial B
12-01-2017, 12:18 PM
The Weather Network is saying +1 to -2 for gameday. I could live with that.

Ponderosa
12-01-2017, 12:43 PM
I can't believe this hasn't been done yet, buuuuuut.......lol.....

FIGHT!!!!.....AND WIN!!!!

Great...I now have to pick salad bits off from all over my monitor and keyword at work. g:Dg:D

TFC Tifoso
12-01-2017, 01:09 PM
Great...I now have to pick salad bits off from all over my monitor and keyword at work. g:Dg:D

:D :D.....watching the clip now....man that never gets old lol....

stevep
12-01-2017, 01:42 PM

50/50 game?? oddsmakers have set odds at 70/30 TFC

Rene Kingsriver
12-01-2017, 01:51 PM
50/50 game?? oddsmakers have set odds at 70/30 TFC

still think we'll win but I'd lump on Seattle at those odds if I was a neutral gambler

Blindside16
12-01-2017, 01:53 PM
We have waited a year for this. The boys have all the motivation they need. I fully expect this to be a war. They have a long shut out streak that I hope gets them over confident. These next 8 days will seem like an enternity.

Globetrotter
12-01-2017, 02:27 PM
Just feels like cherry-picking, to me; there were surely games where sides locked down, as you say, that we won… but we're ignoring those.

Parking the bus is a tactic used because even the greatest sides in the world succumb to it, once in a while; hardly the barometer, for me.

Sure. One would look at the opponents strengths and weaknesses, and areas to exploit. If there's game footage that clearly shows that one of the more successful ways to gain advantage on Toronto is to use incredible speed on counters, and to clog the backfield when defending - then you work with that sample size... particularly if all the other scenarios looked at lead to much more catastrophic results. Call it cherry picking if you will - but that's what you do; you isolate what you're looking for and plan with that.

Cake walk... not a chance. Seattle hasn't allowed a goal since October 1st. In those last six games, they won 5 (all 2+ goals scored), and tied 1 playoff game on the road 0-0.

JuliquE
12-01-2017, 03:07 PM
Sure. One would look at the opponents strengths and weaknesses, and areas to exploit. If there's game footage that clearly shows that one of the more successful ways to gain advantage on Toronto is to use incredible speed on counters, and to clog the backfield when defending - then you work with that sample size... particularly if all the other scenarios looked at lead to much more catastrophic results. Call it cherry picking if you will - but that's what you do; you isolate what you're looking for and plan with that.

Cake walk... not a chance. Seattle hasn't allowed a goal since October 1st. In those last six games, they won 5 (all 2+ goals scored), and tied 1 playoff game on the road 0-0.
I think we're more or less saying the same thing, in my case sans the Sounders fanboy stats. =P

Allez les Rouges!

TFC Tifoso
12-01-2017, 03:26 PM
fiiiiiiiiight!!!.......and wiiiiiiiin!!!!

Canary10
12-01-2017, 03:32 PM
Seattle haven't played a decent side in three months, so not surprising their stats look good on paper. Meanwhile we had two difficult sides in the playoffs, on top of Atlanta away, etc as the season wore down.

The whole league hates us. Hate Michael. Hate Jozy. The motivation couldn't be higher. I like our chances.

Detroit_TFC
12-01-2017, 03:40 PM
Agreed. Everyone is going to think Seattle has some momentum based on the preceding games but I think that will evaporate quickly once the whistle blows.

BelfastBoy
12-01-2017, 03:45 PM
4PM start vs night game last year. Pitch may be slightly less frozen.

nonc
12-01-2017, 04:06 PM
So who takes a pk in regular time ??? Could be three guys.

Globetrotter
12-01-2017, 04:07 PM
Lol fanboy stats.

Prepare for the worst, prepare against weakness'. If you can execute against it, you're in good shape. If their hot streak is fluff - then they can be exposed and they'll have some scrambling to overcome... big advantage to us.

A lot of fluff can go a long way to building enough confidence to slay Goliath. Will be tense.

Globetrotter
12-01-2017, 04:08 PM
So who takes a pk in regular time ??? Could be three guys.

Giovinco. And you go right side or right down the middle. No more of his bottom left.

Jack
12-01-2017, 04:41 PM
Giovinco. And you go right side or right down the middle. No more of his bottom left.

Yeah, I say give it back to the main man.

portu
12-01-2017, 05:05 PM
So who takes a pk in regular time ??? Could be three guys. Jozy. Most unpredictable of the three.

RealG-TFC
12-01-2017, 05:07 PM

But doesn't Giovinco almost always go bottom left?

ronzilla
12-01-2017, 07:47 PM
It was absurd to let Vasquez take his first PK in one of the biggest games. Complete fail.

Seba > Jozie > Vasquez is the way it should be.

As for Seattle..

SHhrZgojY1Q

MightyDM
12-01-2017, 08:01 PM
We have waited a year for this. The boys have all the motivation they need. I fully expect this to be a war. They have a long shut out streak that I hope gets them over confident. These next 8 days will seem like an enternity.

Justin morrow is going to score. Redemption.

InDa_110
12-01-2017, 08:11 PM
We're going to win this one.

CBTFC
12-01-2017, 08:43 PM
Unfortunately for them, they don't have Nelson Valdez this time around to flop around all over the ground.

That was sadly pathetic from him last year

Kaz
12-01-2017, 08:57 PM
anyone know when tickets are going to go on sale? usually I get some sort of email about it but; nothing yet this year figured I'd hear after the game yesterday.

raff
12-01-2017, 08:59 PM
Does anyone remember a photoshopped photo if the fight and win guy from last year. I remember seeing it and thinking it was hilarious.

Globetrotter
12-01-2017, 08:59 PM
But doesn't Giovinco almost always go bottom left?

99% of the time - so keepers will expect it. Gio can go back there over and over because if he's accurate (which he is most times) and he hits it fast enough, the placement is unstoppable. Any keeper can cheat in that direction and maybe get a hand on it. Frei isn't amazing at PK's, but he would absolutely have to bet the house to pick that corner to dive towards.

It was absurd to let Vasquez take his first PK in one of the biggest games. Complete fail.

How so? He was 4 for 4 this season. I think everyone in the stadium (or city) was hoping Vasquez would take it.

James17930
12-01-2017, 09:01 PM

It wasn't his first. It was his third of the season, and his stats were 3/3.

Vazquez was def. the best choice – Zack Steffan is just really good at saving penalties.

Canary10
12-01-2017, 09:01 PM
anyone know when tickets are going to go on sale? usually I get some sort of email about it but; nothing yet this year figured I'd hear after the game yesterday.

Dude, where have you been. Check out the massive thread dedicated to that.

ronzilla
12-01-2017, 10:43 PM
Nope. Giovinco is still #1 in mls on PK's. Go look at the stats, its not even a race.

This was Vasquez first PK in mls and he missed.

It wasn't his first. It was his third of the season, and his stats were 3/3.

Vazquez was def. the best choice – Zack Steffan is just really good at saving penalties.

akoto
12-01-2017, 10:56 PM
Nope. Giovinco is still #1 in mls on PK's. Go look at the stats, its not even a race.

https://i.imgur.com/bAUF8fo.png

ronzilla
12-01-2017, 11:11 PM
Cherry picking stats. Go look at the big numbers.

https://i.imgur.com/bAUF8fo.png

PAOK17
12-01-2017, 11:12 PM
Uhhhhh I can think of three matches where Vazquez took a penalty and scored: At home against Columbus in May, away at NYCFC, and at home against NYRB when we clinched the shield.

PAOK17
12-01-2017, 11:14 PM
Dude you said that Vazquez has never taken a penalty in MLS. You are wrong on the number of attempts he's had alone. Not to mention that he scored all of his previous attempts.

Kaz
12-01-2017, 11:49 PM
Dude, where have you been. Check out the massive thread dedicated to that.

opps.. "league event" didn't scream where the hell are ticket sales to me I had just ignored that one... I also just saw the email... it was hiding in my spam folder for some reason.

James17930
12-02-2017, 04:21 AM

You're confusing PKs with free kicks. Gio is #1 at free kicks. As you can see above, he has been pretty poor on PKs this season.

Also ... it's not 'cherry picking' stats to post the exact, appropriate stat relevant to the discussion. ;)

MightyDM
12-02-2017, 07:26 AM

As for Seattle..

SHhrZgojY1Q

it wasn’t his first PK. He has scored several PK’s for us, I think he was 3 for 3 before this.

it was poor. Not struck with authority.

TheSloanRanger
12-02-2017, 08:20 AM
Now we need the stats for pk attempts on the north end net. Seems cursed this year.

ensco
12-02-2017, 08:22 AM
How Vanney manages training around PKs this week is a big deal. It's in everyone's head, for sure.

97% of us would have subbed Jozy off, so Vanney earned the right to pick Vazquez, and he has earned the right to make his pick next Saturday.

My chirp from the cheap seats: having gone to Vazquez, I think he should go back to Vazquez.

There is nothing to choose between any of them, Vazquez is good at them, they all can do it.

But Gio and Altidore may well not be around for PKs after 120 minutes, if we get there again. Vazquez will be. It's Vazquez's confidence in PKs that is the thing I want to shore up.

Auzzy
12-02-2017, 09:35 AM
How Vanney manages training around PKs this week is a big deal. It's in everyone's head, for sure.

97% of us would have subbed Jozy off, so Vanney earned the right to pick Vazquez, and he has earned the right to make his pick next Saturday.

My chirp from the cheap seats: having gone to Vazquez, I think he should go back to Vazquez.

There is nothing to choose between any of them, Vazquez is good at them, they all can do it.

But Gio and Altidore may well not be around for PKs after 120 minutes, if we get there again. Vazquez will be. It's Vazquez's confidence in PKs that is the thing I want to shore up.

I agree generally. I definitely didn't have a problem with Vazquez taking the PK (or the next one). Gio may have felt a bit snakebitten after hitting the post twice. However Vanney said in an interview after the ECF game that the guys on the field decided who would take that PK. I think Vanney is quick to take ownership of his decisions, so I have no reason to doubt him on that.

Doesn't mean they won't be practicing & talking about PKs in training.

ensco
12-02-2017, 09:42 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c1ZHdb-JItM

Just to remind you guys:

We went out there in May. Flew 5 hours with all kinds of key guys missing, in the middle of a brutal stretch of games. Beat them. They didn't get a shot on goal.

They have not had a shot against us in 210 minutes.

Alonso and Marshall have looked nothing like the players that singlehandedly closed down our front line last year.

I cannot wait for this game.

Red CB Toronto
12-02-2017, 10:38 AM
Kickoff on Saturday is actually 4:30 pm according to the media schedule for MLS Cup week so expect an opening ceremony, fireworks etc.

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
12-02-2017, 10:57 AM
Does anyone know what offical section the away supporters will be in. Exact locations?

Red CB Toronto
12-02-2017, 11:29 AM
Does anyone know what offical section the away supporters will be in. Exact locations?

It would start in 203 and go across from there.

OgtheDim
12-02-2017, 11:43 AM
Need a bit more pace on the ball and movement when defenders are looking for outlets. Its been too slow for weeks. Get back to one touch passing and that will make a big difference.

Oh, and maybe somebody should bring some kitty treats for this little fella's ghost.

https://i.imgur.com/7LGuhKU.jpg

RedZebraTFC
12-02-2017, 11:51 AM
We are due for a big game. Let the TFC floodgates open lol

DinamoTFC
12-02-2017, 01:27 PM
2-0 for the reds. Gio free kick to open scoring. And then catch them on counter for a second is my wish.
Gonna be a tough fight. Seattle has strengthened their team and have players who like to play wide. This should make them play more open and attacking rather than sit back which suits us

Auzzy
12-02-2017, 02:30 PM
Kickoff on Saturday is actually 4:30 pm according to the media schedule for MLS Cup week so expect an opening ceremony, fireworks etc.

One week and two hours left, argh...

RealG-TFC
12-02-2017, 04:21 PM
The more and more I think of it, the more confident I am about this game. Seattle feeling high on their game is probably going to attack more, and Vanney's recent mind games will surely have them wanting to prove something.

Whitbyreds
12-02-2017, 09:51 PM
Travelled over 40k kilometres this year watching this bunch and I have a feeling it will all be worth it!!!

Auzzy
12-02-2017, 10:33 PM
I just watched a bunch of highlights, interviews, etc. I'm legit worried about next week. Then I re-watched the highlights of both legs of the 2016 ECF vs. Montreal. If we make it past Seattle, it will be glorious.

Nytekrawla
12-03-2017, 06:44 AM
So, pitch invasion if we win the cup? Haha

molenshtain
12-03-2017, 06:50 AM

I said the same thing last year in the pre match thread for the final. Don't get ahead of yourself. This Seattle team is no joke.

Let's win the game and worry about how we celebrate it after.

Rene Kingsriver
12-03-2017, 09:13 AM

if you want to lose your seasons and get a stadium ban :(

molenshtain
12-03-2017, 11:43 AM
Ugh. Reddit and Bigsoccer have been swarmed by lots of very confident and insufferable Seattle fans. I'm already bored of all the punditry. I just wanna play the game and get it over with so I don't have to listen to it.

Auzzy
12-03-2017, 12:22 PM
What a difference a year makes. Last year many people around MLS were at least secretly cheering for TFC in the playoffs, and there were lots of supportive messages on the MLS website and various other Internet forums. This year we're suddenly the "big rich club that always wins everything" -- add the irrational Altidore and Bradley hate -- and the opinions are often toxic.

spanko
12-03-2017, 03:15 PM
I really hope we get to see the team Vanney has spent the past year building, mentally preparing, day by day, for a championship game they've worked their asses off for. I'm hoping for an all out war against Seattle. Oh boy. This will be GOOD! I have chills typing this out.

spanko
12-03-2017, 03:17 PM
Oh, and maybe somebody should bring some kitty treats for this little fella's ghost.

https://i.imgur.com/7LGuhKU.jpg

This made me laugh lol

Canary10
12-03-2017, 03:18 PM
What a difference a year makes. Last year many people around MLS were at least secretly cheering for TFC in the playoffs, and there were lots of supportive messages on the MLS website and various other Internet forums. This year we're suddenly the "big rich club that always wins everything" -- add the irrational Altidore and Bradley hate -- and the opinions are often toxic.

Everyone who follows soccer in the US wants us to fail. It's TFC against everyone.

DOMIN8R
12-03-2017, 03:51 PM
https://i.redd.it/smnjw7in40zx.jpg

Auzzy
12-03-2017, 04:04 PM
Everyone who follows soccer in the US wants us to fail. It's TFC against everyone.

Agreed. Montreal wants Seattle to win as well. Vancouver is the only one I'm not sure about.

Gringo Starr
12-03-2017, 04:38 PM
I would think Portland would be in the anyone but Seattle camp...

akoto
12-03-2017, 07:39 PM

How is it "cherry picking" to show you the exact stat you were talking about? You said he hasn't taken a PK before this. This is the PK Goals and Attempts stat. Before the miss he was 3 for 3 and has a much better record than Seba and Jozy.

Voodooman
12-03-2017, 08:06 PM
https://twitter.com/MLS/status/937486769536360454

Not sure if posted, but is Chapman a good ref? I feel like we've had him

OgtheDim
12-03-2017, 08:15 PM
A quick google of Allan Chapman TFC controversy has nothing for the last 4 years.

He did our first game of the season

Looking back at the thread, this comes to mind:

Truly fucking awful officiating, even by MLS standards.

Voodooman
12-03-2017, 08:26 PM
Wonderful ahaha

Detroit_TFC
12-03-2017, 09:31 PM
That's an evergreen comment, though.

T.O TILL I DIE
12-03-2017, 09:37 PM
Quick question might be unrelatable to the thread but last game i seen someone use a smoke flare or whatever in the north end and others physically holding one throughout the south end. Are the flares legal at BMO now? id love to bring some inside bmo if thats the case.

Bluenose13
12-03-2017, 10:01 PM
So, pitch invasion if we win the cup? HahaWas awesome at the end of year 1...Could happen again :scarf:

Oldtimer
12-03-2017, 10:18 PM
Quick question might be unrelatable to the thread but last game i seen someone use a smoke flare or whatever in the north end and others physically holding one throughout the south end. Are the flares legal at BMO now? id love to bring some inside bmo if thats the case.

Smoke devices (not flares) approved by the club can be used by pre-authorized and trained SG members. Try to bring in a flare and you will be banned. Use your flares outside the stadium.

T.O TILL I DIE
12-03-2017, 11:13 PM
Smoke devices (not flares) approved by the club can be used by pre-authorized and trained SG members. Try to bring in a flare and you will be banned. Use your flares outside the stadium.
So the fellow in the north end last game was authorized? Where do you get authorized?

Oldtimer
12-03-2017, 11:53 PM
So the fellow in the north end last game was authorized? Where do you get authorized?

I can't speak to individual situations. If you are a member of a group, talk to the people in charge of your group.

TFC1154ever
12-04-2017, 01:04 AM
Was awesome at the end of year 1...Could happen again :scarf:

I’ll just say this. If it’s some crazy happy ending, I can’t control what I do ;)

Nytekrawla
12-04-2017, 06:48 AM
if you want to lose your seasons and get a stadium ban :(
They can’t ban everyone if we all do it 😏

Rene Kingsriver
12-04-2017, 07:16 AM
They can’t ban everyone if we all do it 

Yes but if I try it guaranteed I'll be the one idiot who gets flattened by the biggest security guard while the rest of you are cavorting across BMO.

Canary10
12-04-2017, 10:23 AM
Little bit of context since I've seen a lot about Seattle being the "best team in MLS" the last few months of the season since getting some players I've never heard off:

Records since August (last 11 games):

Seattle: 5W, 4D, 2L for 19 points; 16 goals scored, 8 conceded.

TFC: 8W, 1D, 2L for 25 points; 32 goals scored, 14 conceded (5 of which came in that Montreal game).

Seattle played SKC, Minn, Vancouver a few times, sinking Dallas a few times, Galaxy, Portland, Philly (who beat them soundly). They really haven't played a tough team in over three months.

TFC played Portland (destroyed them), Chicago, Montreal 3 times, Philly (destroyed them), San Jose, NE, NYRB, Atlanta. Much tougher end to the season. And 6 more points, double the goals.

Again, just context.

Ben - D.O.W.
12-04-2017, 10:41 AM
Little bit of context since I've seen a lot about Seattle being the "best team in MLS" the last few months ofnthe season since getting some players I've never heard off:

TFC: 8W, 1D, 2L for 25 points; 32 goals scored, 14 conceded (5 of which came in that Montreal game).

Seattle played SKC, Minn, Vancouver a few times, sinking Dallas a few times, Galaxy, Portland, Philly (who beat them soundly). They really haven't played a tough team in over three months.

TFC played Portland (destroyed them), Chicago, Montreal 3 times, Philly (destroyed them), San Jose, NE, NYRB, Atlanta. Much tougher end to the season. And 5 more points, double the goals.

Again, just context.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Canary10 again.

Heepster
12-04-2017, 11:01 AM
FWIW, the threat of snow appears to have decreased in the most recent weather forecasts for Saturday afternoon.
http://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2017/12/04/mls-cup-weather-watch-whats-store-toronto-december-9
http://www.theweathernetwork.com/ca/weekend-weather-forecast/ontario/south-parkdale

paul-collins
12-04-2017, 11:14 AM
Little bit of context since I've seen a lot about Seattle being the "best team in MLS" the last few months of the season since getting some players I've never heard off:

TFC played Portland (destroyed them), Chicago, Montreal 3 times, Philly (destroyed them), San Jose, NE, NYRB, Atlanta. Much tougher end to the season. And 5 more points, double the goals.

Again, just context.
Context is everything. Thanks for doing the legwork!

Milanista
12-04-2017, 11:33 AM
If our big boys play the way they should, we will win. If they don't, we can see another shoot out.

The west was brutal this year and Seattle are a great team, but they haven't played a tough team yet. Would love to see us attack, we are home...let's put them under pressure

Canary10
12-04-2017, 11:55 AM
If our big boys play the way they should, we will win. If they don't, we can see another shoot out.

The west was brutal this year and Seattle are a great team, but they haven't played a tough team yet. Would love to see us attack, we are home...let's put them under pressure

Yeah that's the bottom line. If we play to our capability this is ours.

dupont
12-04-2017, 12:21 PM
Either team can win this. Seattle is a very good team but TFC is better when firing on all cylinders. I hope the cold weather doesn't get in the way of what we know TFC are capable of this season.

OgtheDim
12-04-2017, 12:39 PM
Ok...so....where are the GA areas this season? Anybody know?

Cas87
12-04-2017, 12:41 PM

Same as always, behind the north end net, the "King Club".

TFC1154ever
12-04-2017, 12:43 PM
Anyone know how many Seattle fans will be making the trip this year? There was about a 1000 last year if I’m not mistaken.

Captain
12-04-2017, 01:45 PM
Anyone know how many Seattle fans will be making the trip this year? There was about a 1000 last year if I’m not mistaken.

I understand they have been given 1,000 seats again.

Red CB Toronto
12-04-2017, 02:03 PM
I understand they have been given 1,000 seats again.

I believe it was 1,500, which was part of the overall Seattle allotment.

Gringo Starr
12-04-2017, 03:57 PM
Find two friends stand in between

OgtheDim
12-04-2017, 09:01 PM
I'm going with my College age daughter who is about as tall as Giovinco. Regardless of the outcome, being able to do that is just priceless. I almost cried when I got the tickets today.

Red CB Toronto
12-04-2017, 09:41 PM
I'm going with my College age daughter who is about as tall as Giovinco. Regardless of the outcome, being able to do that is just priceless. I almost cried when I got the tickets today.

Congrats that's what makes it experiences like this so special. I am 41 and cherish the 11 Blue Jays playoff games I attended including 3 in the World Series with my parents and brother. It something I will never forget.

denime
12-04-2017, 10:23 PM

Let's hope for better outcome then last year,it will make your experience really priceless.

Speaking from my own experience,last year I flew in my son all the way from Croatia just for final game,and losing that game was very bitter pill to swallow and definitely ruined something that was suppose to be the father son moment for life.

Since we failed last year I had no choice but bring him here again,can't let him miss TFC raising MLS CUP at BMO Field.

Defoe
12-04-2017, 10:31 PM
Seattle is stacked. Maybe the West is easier but they played Portland 3 times, we played Montreal. K.J mentioned this. They also brought in some big players that took time to get adjusted. Rodriguez is looking in form. There whole team, honestly. Loderio, Rodriguez, Dempsey, Bruin, Alonso... They have Morris on the bench...

This is going to be a helluva game.

ensco
12-04-2017, 10:46 PM
^ I don't think Seattle is stacked. I think they are a middling team, and the guys that won them the game last year haven’t been the same since.

I get the PTSD but, hello, it's over. We cannot be stopped. We have won all four playoff series the last two years. Seattle has zero shots on goal the last 210 minutes, and beat us with the save of the century.

Their number is up. I don’t care what they do, we are better. If they score first, we will pour 4 in after that.

tfcfans
12-04-2017, 10:59 PM
My daughter was born in late 2005 so she was really born into this team through her Dad (who joined RPB in 2007) --- I actually took her to the (away) opener at Joes in 2008 at about 2+ years old --- I know, positive parenting.....since about Year 5 (2011) at about 5+ years old she goes with me to the Home Opener every year no matter how cold it was, it has been her special thing that she shares with her Daddy (on occasion the wife and the other child (younger sister) have come along when the weather is perfect in the summer) but for her and I this has really been a bonding experience over the years (many of you have seen us at Joes over the years) -- like others, I shared these events with my brother in the past (Leafs in 93 - Game 7 vs the Kings! and subsequent ECFs), the Jays from 1985 through 1993 (I was at the every WS game with my brother including the Carter HR), and as special as those memories are, there is something different seeing something through from the very beginning and sharing it with my own child from the very beginning, for those of you with kids, I know you will understand.

I remember driving home last year after the MLS Cup, and I was more sad than angry at the time, as I remember chatting with my daughter on the way home about how precious and rare these opportunities are to experience the ultimate at Home in our stadium and our city - together. I remember saying that the worst part is that we would have to wait at least an entire year and hope a bunch of things all went our way (luck, avoiding a bad PK call, talent, injuries to key players, etc.) all in the hopes of just getting back to that moment again, and frankly thinking it may never even come again --- so many things can go against you to derail the path to that moment of ultimate glory and how last years run was so magical - that Montreal series is still ridiculous when you look back it.....and now here we are.....

This team came back this year and rather than wallow in pity over what happened, they said "F" this, we are going to try to dominate from wire to wire and show everyone that we are the best team in this league - period. They have been a joy to watch this past regular season and I made sure to go to as many games as I have ever been to with my daughter to really savour the brilliance of this team.....and then the playoffs arrived....

Something happened in the playoffs and the team that scored 14 goals in in the 2016 ECSF and ECF (and 3 in the knock out), now scored just 3 goals in 4 games and dragged across that eastern conference finish line in a much different fashion than last years playoffs and most of this regular season; in my humble opinion - they frankly willed themselves back to this point, it's not a criticism, it's an observation - they showed guts and drive and determination to get back to the only place where this season was meant to go since December 10th at about 11PM.....

I hope and I pray that the result we all are hoping for comes to pass and I get to share THAT moment with my special TFC seat-mate ---- I hope that others too, are able to share it with those that have struggled along the way with us for the first 8 years of truly abysmal soccer, and who have "struggled" since last December in a much different way, the idea that this season really does all come down to this one game; no it doesn't mean that the past season was a waste, but I think we all know that this group (almost all of it), have been brought back to this moment, to get their moment which they so richly deserve (and a little bit of our moment too, especially the long time sufferers)......

Good Luck to them and to us.....let's hope it's a day and a night we never forget -for all the right reasons.....:scarf:

Canary10
12-04-2017, 11:32 PM
Seattle is stacked. Maybe the West is easier but they played Portland 3 times, we played Montreal. K.J mentioned this. They also brought in some big players that took time to get adjusted. Rodriguez is looking in form. There whole team, honestly. Loderio, Rodriguez, Dempsey, Bruin, Alonso... They have Morris on the bench...

This is going to be a helluva game.

Bruin is terrible. Hard to imagine he's their striker.

Don't let anyone tell you they became some unstoppable force since their mid season additions. They had 19 points since August, we had 25, and double the goals scored. And they didn't play anyone good in those three months.

Red CB Toronto
12-04-2017, 11:38 PM
Officially Sold Out !! Saturday can't come soon enough !!

https://scontent.fyyz1-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/24296624_379403832484612_4797691505485614755_n.jpg ?oh=fde1c8426fd84c2bda8aa375540eb6a9&oe=5AC6E394

Initial B
12-05-2017, 09:47 AM
Wow. Can't wait. I'm still pinching myself that I actually got a pair of tickets.

If you're coming from Ottawa, where should one park?

ensco
12-05-2017, 09:50 AM
Tactics: I expect Seattle to play us exactly the way Columbus did. Overload the midfield, press, force us to try to go over the top, otherwise drop 10 men back, regroup, and try again whenever TFC are bringing in upfield. It almost worked for Columbus. They had us on the ropes, and outchanced us in the first 3 of the 4 halves. They just could not score (I think they had 1 goal in 5 playoff games at even strength).

Vanney did better in the second half Wednesday, with the switch to the 4-4-2 diamond at halftime, so I kind of expect him to start with that Saturday.

I really do think the key to our offence is unlocking Morrow and Beitashour/Hasler going forward. Both NYRB and Columbus put good pressure on our backline, and we did way too much Route 1 long ball in response. The quick tic tac pass play to spring the wingbacks wide is the key to us solving the pressure and opening them up in open field.

In the diamond, bringing wingbacks up puts massive pressure on Bradley and Delgado to cover, if the move forward is broken up.

Those are the keys to the game. Making quick outlet passes to beat the pressure, and getting great box-to-box play from Bradley and Delgado. We get both of those, and we will win by 3 goals.

tfcfans
12-05-2017, 09:59 AM
Wow. Can't wait. I'm still pinching myself that I actually got a pair of tickets.

If you're coming from Ottawa, where should one park?

Liberty Village is ideal to park if you can get down there early enough --- if not, somewhere along a major transit line (TTC subway line has parking lots at various locations depending on where you are staying in the city) this will allow you to take a streetcar to the key areas near BMO.....FYI they have made some of the areas along King Steet (near RTH and the Theaters) in the downtown core a "car-free" zone so be mindful of that if you are driving towards BMO from that area.....

Heepster
12-05-2017, 10:11 AM
Congrats that's what makes it experiences like this so special. I am 41 and cherish the 11 Blue Jays playoff games I attended including 3 in the World Series with my parents and brother. It something I will never forget.That's a foreign concept to me, after growing up as a kid in a house where there was almost no overlap between what forms of sports and entertainment any of us liked, and occasionally getting dragged by my parents to things I had no interest in attending, while rarely getting to see anything I would have preferred. I'm never comfortable being on either side of attempts to get relatives or friends to go along, unless I'm certain it's someone who shares the same enthusiasm.

Donald Duck
12-05-2017, 10:26 AM
keep in mind Saturday subway from Lawrence to St Clair is shuttle bus only due to maintenance.

CBTFC
12-05-2017, 10:47 AM
Updated forecast for Saturday...-1 feeling like -7 with the windchill

Super
12-05-2017, 10:53 AM

Pretty similar weather to last year. As long as there's a different winner at the end of the day. Sure it's cold, but we just have to bundle up. Let's do this!

Canary10
12-05-2017, 10:59 AM

That's tough when you see the temperatures today of +10.

charlieocc
12-05-2017, 11:00 AM
That's tough when you see the temperatures today of +10.

Yeah god damn, it's so nice at the moment wtf weather. Won't let us have nice things.

JayMolly
12-05-2017, 11:26 AM
TFCfans enjoyed your post last night.
It is a special bond between parent and child.
We agree -'let's hope it's a day and a night we never forget -for all the right reasons.....'
J&M

Ponderosa
12-05-2017, 11:37 AM
Yeah god damn, it's so nice at the moment wtf weather. Won't let us have nice things.

Chin up consider it a game day strategy...Seattle is averaging steady temperatures of 8-10 degrees Celsius all week...when they get here we'll just freeze their balls off and immobilize them with Toronto lake effect wind chill- our guys hopefully are used to this by now.

JoeM
12-05-2017, 11:39 AM
Chin up consider it a game day strategy...Seattle is averaging steady temperatures of 8-10 degrees Celsius all week...when they get here we'll just freeze their balls off and immobilize them with Toronto lake effect wind chill- our guys hopefully are used to this by now.

I said this last year :(

ensco
12-05-2017, 11:43 AM
I said this last year :(

It was true last year. Ex Alonso and Marshall and Frei, they were all invisible last year.

Also bad weather lowers prices, which puts tickets in better hands.

JoeM
12-05-2017, 11:45 AM
It was true last year. Ex Alonso and Marshall and Frei, they were all invisible last year.

Well Frei's balls became unfrozen at a crucial time then...

RealG-TFC
12-05-2017, 11:49 AM

This. Even though everyone is dreading it, if we get the same game we got last year we'll likely win. Just looking back at the highlights, we penetrated their defense a decent amount of times, and of course that save was exceptional, but not the norm.

I really think its Seattle that'll be coming in overconfident.

PizzaEatingYeti
12-05-2017, 11:54 AM

Sorry, but agree to disagree.

Difficult game conditions always defavour the more technically gifted team, unless that technical team is very well used to play in similar conditions.
Are the TFC players very well used to play in -1 degrees, which with the windchill feels like -6? Hell not...

TFC is a lot more technical team than Seattle, think about all our guys compared individually to their guys.

JoeM
12-05-2017, 11:56 AM
This. Even though everyone is dreading it, if we get the same game we got last year we'll likely win. Just looking back at the highlights, we penetrated their defense a decent amount of times, and of course that save was exceptional, but not the norm.

I really think its Seattle that'll be coming in overconfident.

Agreed that Seattle will be overconfident. They scored 5 in the West final (against Houston...haha...great accomplishment) and will be feeling good. But we've been playing the tough, gritty games that they haven't seen yet this playoff run.

I just really don't think the weather affected Seattle players or their game plan much - I'm sure they're more comfortable in their 10 celsius but we would be too. They always intended to park the bus and the cold isn't going to stop you from doing that effectively. Hard to say the weather had an effect on Frei - he did his job as good as he needed to and never looked off. As for Alonso, we all have to remember he was playing injured and was very much a game time decision which probably had a bigger effect then weather for him.

JoeM
12-05-2017, 11:59 AM
Sorry, but agree to disagree.

Difficult game conditions always defavour the more technically gifted team, unless that techical team is very well used to play in similar conditions.
Are the TFC players very well used to play in -1 degrees, which with the windchill feels like -6? Hell not...

TFC is a lot more technical team than Seattle, thinks about all our guys compared individually to their guys.

This is my point exactly. Parking the bus doesn't require the weather to be on your side, moving the ball quickly and accurately does.And hard to label players as invisible if the game plan is sit back and, literally, do absolutely nothing offensively. The only player that would stick out - for either team, really - is Frei due to that save. No one needs to stick out if you get the job done.

tfcfans
12-05-2017, 12:15 PM
We agree -'let's hope it's a day and a night we never forget -for all the right reasons.....'
J&M

Thanks....I know I am like many others on here who have created something special between this team and their families, as well as bonded with fellow supporters almost all of whom were complete strangers to me in 2007 and yet have become a defacto family to me in regards to TFC over the past 10+ years.....

DinamoTFC
12-05-2017, 12:23 PM
Let's hope for better outcome then last year,it will make your experience really priceless.

Speaking from my own experience,last year I flew in my son all the way from Croatia just for final game,and losing that game was very bitter pill to swallow and definitely ruined something that was suppose to be the father son moment for life.

Since we failed last year I had no choice but bring him here again,can't let him miss TFC raising MLS CUP at BMO Field.

Love it :hurray: :scarf:

Canary10
12-05-2017, 12:36 PM
I'm not totally sure the weather advantages Seattle that much either. They're not a team of schlubbs like those they faced in the playoffs and last three months of the season. I don't believe they match up to us in any position except maybe keeper. But they can play good football. I do think the weather favours a low scoring game so in that respect maybe favours them slightly.

C.Ronaldo
12-05-2017, 12:37 PM
anyone use toe warmers? the ones taht stick at bottom of foot? are they uncomfortable to stand in?

Couchy81
12-05-2017, 12:47 PM
anyone use toe warmers? the ones taht stick at bottom of foot? are they uncomfortable to stand in?

They're amazing. Don't notice they're there except for the heat they provide. I will be using some if I remember.

Initial B
12-05-2017, 12:50 PM
Liberty Village is ideal to park if you can get down there early enough --- if not, somewhere along a major transit line (TTC subway line has parking lots at various locations depending on where you are staying in the city) this will allow you to take a streetcar to the key areas near BMO.....FYI they have made some of the areas along King Steet (near RTH and the Theaters) in the downtown core a "car-free" zone so be mindful of that if you are driving towards BMO from that area.....
I'll be driving down the Don Valley Parkway to the Gardiner and get off at Bay. Is there parking at BMO Field as well? I remember parking at a lot just off Spadina south of the Gardiner a 2 years ago. I wonder if it's still there.

<Edit: Where is the march going to start?>

Redcoe15
12-05-2017, 01:43 PM

Pretty similar weather to last year. As long as there's a different winner at the end of the day. Sure it's cold, but we just have to bundle up. Let's do this!

The game will start four hours earlier from last year, so hopefully it won't be too cold.
And even if it gets colder later on, it'll feel warmer once our team raises the MLS Cup. :scarf: g:D

Red CB Toronto
12-05-2017, 03:20 PM
Saturday's match is turning into a battle between the nominees for this years US Soccer Player of the Year Award !! 4 of the 5 nominees will be taking the pitch at BMO Field.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DQTucTWXUAAs3sS.jpg:large

charlieocc
12-05-2017, 03:21 PM
Saturday's match is turning into a battle between the nominees for this years US Soccer Player of the Year Award !! 4 of the 5 nominees will be taking the pitch at BMO Field.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DQTucTWXUAAs3sS.jpg:large

Ohhh I'll love watching how mad USMNT fans are if Jozy or MB wins this

Detroit_TFC
12-05-2017, 03:31 PM
They would lose their shit.

Areathrasher
12-05-2017, 03:40 PM
It'll clearly be Pulisic

Detroit_TFC
12-05-2017, 03:46 PM
It'll clearly be Pulisic

Agreed.

Canary10
12-05-2017, 04:11 PM
I'm getting absolutely no work done. I'm thinking about the match, stressing, reading the forum, going to the MLS site, reading the comments, posting shit. I don't think I'll be able to work this week at all at this rate. Lol.

TheSloanRanger
12-05-2017, 04:14 PM
Well....after 3 games played on FIFA, Toronto is leading the series 2-1 (2-0 when in a 4-4-2 diamond)
one win in extra time with Bradley scoring the winner.

Fun way to pass the time haha

ryan
12-05-2017, 04:18 PM
Ohhh I'll love watching how mad USMNT fans are if Jozy or MB wins this

After MB got zero player votes for MVP....

Captain
12-05-2017, 04:50 PM
I'll be driving down the Don Valley Parkway to the Gardiner and get off at Bay. Is there parking at BMO Field as well? I remember parking at a lot just off Spadina south of the Gardiner a 2 years ago. I wonder if it's still there.

<Edit: Where is the march going to start?>
I come into the city from the same direction. I prefer to get off the Gardiner at Dunn Ave just past the stadium. From Dunn turn right on Springhurst Ave. At Dufferin turn right to park at one of the lots around BMO or turn left to get to Liberty St to park in one of the lots in Liberty Village.

Captain
12-05-2017, 04:51 PM
I come into the city from the same direction. I prefer to get off the Gardiner at Dunn Ave just past the stadium. From Dunn turn right on Springhurts Ave. At Dufferin turn right to park at one of the lots around BMO or turn left to get to Liberty St to park in one of the lots in Liberty Village.

Whatever you do don't drive on King east of Bathurst or you'll get a ticket.

OgtheDim
12-05-2017, 07:44 PM
With all the tourists, Liberty Village and the Ex are going to be a zoo for parking. Park up at the Lot off of Abel street and enjoy the brisk walk.

Ponderosa
12-05-2017, 08:22 PM
I'm getting absolutely no work done. I'm thinking about the match, stressing, reading the forum, going to the MLS site, reading the comments, posting shit. I don't think I'll be able to work this week at all at this rate. Lol.

In between F5 refreshes waiting for info on the Additionals...I'm even reading the t-shirt and mask orders!

TFC and RBP first thing and last thing every day until the last whistle blows!

When I'm with you baby
I go out of my head
And I just can't get enough
And I just can't get enough
All the things you do to me
And everything you said
I just can't get enough
I just can't get enough
We slip and slide as we fall in love
And I just can't seem to get enough of....

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
12-05-2017, 08:34 PM
If anyone has 2 tickets in a seated area and would like to be in the supporters section and want to swap straight up give me a pm for details.

Cheers

matteo30
12-06-2017, 12:28 AM
Its nice to get this far again, but I fully believe if Seattle takes the lead it will be a carbon copy of last years finals. We have the fire power to break them down but it's a toss up thats too close to call. If we score that all important first goal. I say we win 2-0 or 3-1 but our form of late having scored just 3 goals and Seattle not allowing a goal in what 600 min? This is where as a Toronto sports fan the anxiety kicks in I was 6 the last time the Bluejays won the WS. In a winner take all game anything can happen a deflection, bad penalty call. The landscape of Toronto as a sports town has changed all teams are competitive but we are missing that elusive championship. This non sense about us being transformed into Villains this year. I believe American Soccer fans and Seattle Sounders fans are entitled and don't want a Canadian team to win. The narrative has changed since last year a lot of bitterness from Americans who would love nothing then to laugh at us losing two years in a row. They think we are this super team but we have struggled for 10 + years of being laughed at as bottom feeders and giving up late goals in the 80th + min. Sounders fans are not humble in the least and don't even realize how lucky they were to win last year. American soccer fans want to blame two individuals for a team loss that didn't get them to the WC. I'm not sure how I feel going into a winner takes all one leg with MLS refs we will see how it turns up going into last year I thought we were going to win, now this year I really have a bad feeling like were going to get robbed in some capacity so scoring first is the only way to avoid this. I think Defence and negative soccer comes to the forefront on sat so that 1 or 2 chances we get early we have to bury. Come out confident and Push Seattle back, Make guys like Dempsey, Rodriguez play defence. It's only Wednesday and i'm already nervous.

Captain
12-06-2017, 08:48 AM
Its nice to get this far again, but I fully believe if Seattle takes the lead it will be a carbon copy of last years finals. We have the fire power to break them down but it's a toss up thats too close to call. If we score that all important first goal. I say we win 2-0 or 3-1 but our form of late having scored just 3 goals and Seattle not allowing a goal in what 600 min? This is where as a Toronto sports fan the anxiety kicks in I was 6 the last time the Bluejays won the WS. In a winner take all game anything can happen a deflection, bad penalty call. The landscape of Toronto as a sports town has changed all teams are competitive but we are missing that elusive championship. This non sense about us being transformed into Villains this year. I believe American Soccer fans and Seattle Sounders fans are entitled and don't want a Canadian team to win. The narrative has changed since last year a lot of bitterness from Americans who would love nothing then to laugh at us losing two years in a row. They think we are this super team but we have struggled for 10 + years of being laughed at as bottom feeders and giving up late goals in the 80th + min. Sounders fans are not humble in the least and don't even realize how lucky they were to win last year. American soccer fans want to blame two individuals for a team loss that didn't get them to the WC. I'm not sure how I feel going into a winner takes all one leg with MLS refs we will see how it turns up going into last year I thought we were going to win, now this year I really have a bad feeling like were going to get robbed in some capacity so scoring first is the only way to avoid this. I think Defence and negative soccer comes to the forefront on sat so that 1 or 2 chances we get early we have to bury. Come out confident and Push Seattle back, Make guys like Dempsey, Rodriguez play defence. It's only Wednesday and i'm already nervous.

I agree with all of this. Last year going into the final I was confident we would win. This year I'm nervous as hell. By Saturday, I'm going to be a mess. We had a season where we always knew the team could pull off a win but the playoffs have been very tough. I so want a win to stifle the Seattle fans. If not they'll be unbearable next year.

Huyton
12-06-2017, 09:32 AM
J&M

I am among the most fortunate of fathers, as I get to stand next to my son.

I was even more fortunate a few years ago, when he and I and my father were able to watch TFC play Liverpool ( I used to live less than a mile from Anfield - Support Local Football!).

My son and I were at the first game at BMO, and we have seen TFC play in Montreal, Columbus and Washington DC. We were at the game in RFK Stadium when TFC became the worst team in the world, as we watched them lose the 9th game in a row to start a season.

Come Saturday evening, we'll have seen them go from First Game to Worst Team to Best Team in MLS History.

Red CB Toronto
12-06-2017, 09:35 AM
That's amazing, what a ride it has been, pretty special to have shared it with someone so close, bonding together in such a way !!

I was even more fortunate a few years ago, when he and I and my father were able to watch TFC play Liverpool ( I used to live less than a mile from Anfield - Support Local Football!).

My son and I were at the first game at BMO, and we have seen TFC play in Montreal, Columbus and Washington DC. We were at the game in RFK Stadium when TFC became the worst team in the world, as we watched them lose the 9th game in a row to start a season.

Come Saturday evening, we'll have seen them go from First Game to Worst Team to Best Team in MLS History.

tfcfans
12-06-2017, 09:38 AM

I hope you're right.....oh, do I ever hope you're right......:)

Initial B
12-06-2017, 10:31 AM

I first saw TFC live when they went to Montreal that first season and got tickets for myself, my son, and my dad. They won 3-0 that day. Every year, my son and I have seen at least one TFC game a season in person. This is our game together this year. I want to make these memories last.

TheSloanRanger
12-06-2017, 10:40 AM
Looks like snow Saturday !! :drum:

Joe Kool
12-06-2017, 10:45 AM
I agree with all of this. Last year going into the final I was confident we would win. This year I'm nervous as hell. By Saturday, I'm going to be a mess. We had a season where we always knew the team could pull off a win but the playoffs have been very tough. I so want a win to stifle the Seattle fans. If not they'll be unbearable next year.

Agreed. Sounders fans have been whiny since winning the last cup the way they did. Just flat out refusing to admit that they were fortunate to win last year. Now because of their recent form of scoring some goals and not conceding many they are really cocky going into this game thinking that they won last year when not as strong so this year they are going to run away with it. Funny thing is they call TFC fans cocky and over confident not even realizing that is exactly what they are, not us. Add to the fact that the entire US fanbase want Bradley and Altidore to fail makes this also interesting. MLS articles are giving the impression TFC is overconfident too but they are also implying that TFC should win which is also really driving Sounders fans nuts. I think I will stop reading all the comments on MLS articles though. it is the same regurgitated arguments from the same people and it is annoying to read. Unfortunately some TFC fans are regulars on there too posting some crap that adds to it.

Can't wait for this game. Let the drama be on the field with a good hard fought game. I had enough of these Sounders. Go TFC!!

JoeM
12-06-2017, 11:09 AM

That is very special. I remember all the sports games attending with my father growing up - mostly Red Wings games since we live in Detroit and it was a great experience for the both of us. And now I have a chance to do the same. I brought my son to his first game in the Canadian Championship final this season - he's only 1 but seemed enthralled in the happenings on the pitch and loved the crowd and noise after the goals. I look forward to all the years to come where we can go to games and he starts to understand the game and fall in love with the team as I have.

Canary10
12-06-2017, 11:27 AM
Agreed. Sounders fans have been whiny since winning the last cup the way they did. Just flat out refusing to admit that they were fortunate to win last year. Now because of their recent form of scoring some goals and not conceding many they are really cocky going into this game thinking that they won last year when not as strong so this year they are going to run away with it. Funny thing is they call TFC fans cocky and over confident not even realizing that is exactly what they are, not us. Add to the fact that the entire US fanbase want Bradley and Altidore to fail makes this also interesting. MLS articles are giving the impression TFC is overconfident too but they are also implying that TFC should win which is also really driving Sounders fans nuts. I think I will stop reading all the comments on MLS articles though. it is the same regurgitated arguments from the same people and it is annoying to read. Unfortunately some TFC fans are regulars on there too posting some crap that adds to it.

Can't wait for this game. Let the drama be on the field with a good hard fought game. I had enough of these Sounders. Go TFC!!

Yeah I need to stop reading it, it is so annoying. I can't help but keep posting to comments for some reason but trying to keep more perspective than the one sided stuff. It's hard.

Joe Kool
12-06-2017, 11:32 AM
Yeah I need to stop reading it, it is so annoying. I can't help but keep posting to comments for some reason but trying to keep more perspective than the one sided stuff. It's hard.

Some of the level headed discussion is fine when it is there even if taking opposing sides but there just isn’t too much of that levelheadedness right now. Responding to these people is like feeding the trolls so I almost never do it. A few occasions where the comment was so incredibly stupid and false I had to defend TFC fans and Canadians.

Red CB Toronto
12-06-2017, 12:04 PM
Saturday is looking more and more like it is going to be a snow day down at BMO Field.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DQX-TOpXcAU8Vq-.jpg
Now something like this would be classic.

http://ww3.hdnux.com/photos/20/52/03/4366554/3/rawImage.jpg

Redcoe15
12-06-2017, 12:18 PM
This Walking the Red columnist says Seattle is bigger and better than last year, easy run be damned!

https://www.wakingthered.com/2017/12/5/16739352/seattle-sounders-toronto-fc-mls-cup-final

Whitbyreds
12-06-2017, 12:32 PM
Considering the field has a great heating system I wouldn't expect any real accumulation on the pitch. I am certainly not an expert so perhaps I'm wrong.

Joe Kool
12-06-2017, 12:32 PM
This Walking the Red columnist says Seattle is bigger and better than last year, easy run be damned!

https://www.wakingthered.com/2017/12/5/16739352/seattle-sounders-toronto-fc-mls-cup-final

They are better than last year. So are TFC. Previous season and even playoff results mean nothing at this point. It is down to one game. The team that wants it more and executes at the right time and doesn't slip up will win it. Either team can win. There is definitely more pressure on TFC. Hopefully these guys can handle it. Not the first rodeo for most of them.

charlieocc
12-06-2017, 12:49 PM
Considering the field has a great heating system I wouldn't expect any real accumulation on the pitch. I am certainly not an expert so perhaps I'm wrong.

Maybe not on the actual field, but I'd definitely expect visibility to be a lot worse, and I'm sure it'll still be slippery.

Pink ball???

Suds
12-06-2017, 03:42 PM
This encompasses so much of what being a supporter of a football team is. Generations, stories of games passed, new memories created, family, friends, supporters.

My friends who only know the support of the traditional North American sports never understand.

renda-10
12-06-2017, 03:59 PM
This encompasses so much of what being a supporter of a football team is. Generations, stories of games passed, new memories created, family, friends, supporters.

My friends who only know the support of the traditional North American sports never understand.

I used to stand beside my Father at matches, but as years have gone on and his health has dropped he no longer can handle games. I wish this wasn't the case as we used to love going to matches together

GerMc
12-06-2017, 04:11 PM
I go to almost every match with my dad and my son. It was because of my son's love of soccer that I got the Season's seats a few years back, and one of the reasons that supporting TFC is so much fun! I am trying to pick up an extra seat for Saturday so my daughter can come too, as she loves it as well.

Red CB Toronto
12-06-2017, 04:44 PM
Kickoff to unfinished business today down at Nathan Phillips Square !!

https://scontent.fyyz1-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/24991495_10215131270934852_6185690636623849977_n.j pg?oh=ee1dd54e491aaf44a28e82a7a55ec8a5&oe=5A986D9A

Derko
12-06-2017, 07:25 PM
I used to stand beside my Father at matches, but as years have gone on and his health has dropped he no longer can handle games. I wish this wasn't the case as we used to love going to matches together

Ditto for me as my dad has Parkinson's it is too much, and the cold is just murder on the fellow.

OgtheDim
12-07-2017, 07:05 AM
Hourly forecast moving the snow times around a bit but likely to be wet stuff falling for a good chunk of the game.

Going to be sloppy out there.

Canary10
12-07-2017, 08:26 AM
Hourly forecast moving the snow times around a bit but likely to be wet stuff falling for a good chunk of the game.

Going to be sloppy out there.

Damn. I don't think that's good for us.

Joe Kool
12-07-2017, 08:35 AM

My dad used to come to some games as well but his health as well gets in the way and now even his vision is going which must be really hard because he can't even watch the games anymore too well. My son attends every game with me though and has been for years. He still plans on playing for TFC one day so this is his regular dose of inspiration. My wife and daughter come to the nicer weather games so they have been watching on TV since September. My wife has a disability and can't take the cold either. Definitely a family event though every TFC game. Glad to see so many others enjoying the same and passing it on to generations.

Boddington
12-07-2017, 09:35 AM
This is going to echo a lot of the posts in here but going to the matches is a family event for us as well. Going to the MLS Cup last season with my dad was a historic event that I will never forget. Unfortunately he is not available to attend the match with me this year. I share me season tickets with my brother and my dad. Going to the match is a summer date night for my wife and with the odd game with one of my two kids. My oldest first match was at BMO but my youngest got to be a road warrior for his first ever match on a road trip to watch the 401 derby.

samuraizero
12-07-2017, 09:57 AM
Have they announced the officials for this game yet?

tfcfans
12-07-2017, 10:00 AM

I thought it was Chapman.....

Joe Kool
12-07-2017, 10:11 AM

12/09/2017 – MLS Cup
Toronto FC v Seattle Sounders
BMO Field (4:00pm ET)
REF: ALLEN CHAPMAN
AR1: Adam Wienckowski
AR2: Jeremy Hanson
4TH: Kevin Stott
5TH: Jason White
VAR: Dave Gantar

denime
12-07-2017, 10:14 AM
12/09/2017 – MLS Cup
Toronto FC v Seattle Sounders
BMO Field (4:00pm ET)
REF: ALLEN CHAPMAN
AR1: Adam Wienckowski
AR2: Jeremy Hanson
4TH: Kevin Stott
5TH: Jason White
VAR: Dave Gantar

Why is he allowed to be even close to VAR or officiating is beyond me?

Joe Kool
12-07-2017, 10:16 AM
Why is he allowed to be even close to VAR or officiating is beyond me?

Agreed...and in such a big game too.

Derko
12-07-2017, 11:37 AM
TFC have to play technically perfect in my opinion, no silly lack of discipline mistakes, and keep to the task at hand, score a few goals early to force Seattle to come out of their defensive shell.

2-1 for the good guys in regulation time.

Canary10
12-07-2017, 11:44 AM
My head says it's likely to be a carbon copy of last year. I think Seattle plays the same way. Why mess with the template that works, plus they are a better defensive team than offensive. One goal will probably decide it. Weather will be a factor.

My heart is more in line with what Ensco has been saying. We've seen teams better than Seattle, that should give us a really tough game, walk into BMO and get carved up like Thanksgiving dinner. I give maybe a 10% chance of that but I'm hoping.

Toronto Funk
12-07-2017, 11:50 AM
I think I saw it earlier, where someone mentioned that actual kickoff is closer to 4.30pm. Just trying to figure out how stressed I need to be as I look for parking and make my way to the field. Anyone have a definitive answer on kickoff time? Thanks.

samuraizero
12-07-2017, 12:15 PM
I think I saw it earlier, where someone mentioned that actual kickoff is closer to 4.30pm. Just trying to figure out how stressed I need to be as I look for parking and make my way to the field. Anyone have a definitive answer on kickoff time? Thanks.

Honestly, with how busy it's gonna be, just do yourself a solid and show up a bit early.
Traffic won't be good. Lines into the stadium wont be good., etc.

paul-collins
12-07-2017, 12:17 PM
Not that it means anything but TSN has the pregame on at 3:30 and game slot is 4:00 to 7:00 (which would allow for extra time if they kick off by 4:15 but would be tough to get in if left any later).

ScarboroughRed
12-07-2017, 12:21 PM

I saw the media communication page on the MLS site and it did state that kick off is at 4:30.

https://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2017/12/01/2017-mls-cup-media-road-map

backbeat
12-07-2017, 12:25 PM
Honestly, with how busy it's gonna be, just do yourself a solid and show up a bit early.

for the life of me i can never understand why it takes until 30 minutes or so into the game for people to get to their seats.

sure there are things that happen, family life, work, traffic etc. but on the whole most should be able to make it to their seats 15 minutes before kick-off

i mean if the game was at 2 pm most would be in their seats by 2:30 but if it's a 4 then they're in by 4:30 - make zero sense

just put the game time in your calendar as if it starts a 3 pm and be there for 3:30

done!!

ScarboroughRed
12-07-2017, 12:25 PM
My head says it's likely to be a carbon copy of last year. I think Seattle plays the same way. Why mess with the template that works, plus they are a better defensive team than offensive. One goal will probably decide it. Weather will be a factor.

My heart is more in line with what Ensco has been saying. We've seen teams better than Seattle, that should give us a really tough game, walk into BMO and get carved up like Thanksgiving dinner. I give maybe a 10% chance of that but I'm hoping.

I agree, they won't change they're game plan too much in comparison to last year.

The key may be our width, using our wings (Morrow/Beita) more than we've done so far. I understand circumstances (NYRB brawls, no strikers, threat of Columbus away goal, etc)

However, now with a one game final, we need to pull and move around Seattle's defensive 6 to give Giovinco and Altidore and others opportunities to break through. We know if we all their two CB's to stay put, we'll never get through. Make them chase... now we got chances on net, I'm sure of it.

andyc
12-07-2017, 12:31 PM
I saw the media communication page on the MLS site and it did state that kick off is at 4:30.

So we know where Seattle are staying...

SEATTLE SOUNDERS FC ARRIVAL & MEDIA AVAILABILITY
Seattle Sounders FC will arrive to Toronto and be available for a 30-minute window of media availability upon arrival to the team hotel, estimated to be 9 p.m. at Delta Toronto Hotel. Sounders head coach Brian Schmetzer and Seattle players will be accessible for interviews during this time.

WHEN: Wednesday, December 6
Starting at approx. 9 p.m. Seattle Media Availability

WHERE: Delta Toronto Hotel | 75 Lower Simcoe St. | Toronto, ON M5J 3A6

Hmmmmm....

Boddington
12-07-2017, 01:16 PM
Does anyone know the gates open time?

JT Red127
12-07-2017, 01:36 PM

Seattle Sounders FC will arrive to Toronto and be available for a 30-minute window of media availability upon arrival to the team hotel, estimated to be 9 p.m. at Delta Toronto Hotel. Sounders head coach Brian Schmetzer and Seattle players will be accessible for interviews during this time.

Hmmmmm....

All visiting teams stay at the Delta...fireworks show friday night?

mauser09
12-07-2017, 01:38 PM

Hmmmmm....

Would be a shame if someone pulled the fire alarm at 3am this friday....

Ponderosa
12-07-2017, 01:45 PM
:iagree::iagree::iagree::iagree:

TFC Tifoso
12-07-2017, 01:45 PM
All visiting teams stay at the Delta...fireworks show friday night?

or even an impromptu drum session around the same time.....

JoeM
12-07-2017, 02:31 PM
I agree, they won't change they're game plan too much in comparison to last year.

The key may be our width, using our wings (Morrow/Beita) more than we've done so far. I understand circumstances (NYRB brawls, no strikers, threat of Columbus away goal, etc)

However, now with a one game final, we need to pull and move around Seattle's defensive 6 to give Giovinco and Altidore and others opportunities to break through. We know if we all their two CB's to stay put, we'll never get through. Make them chase... now we got chances on net, I'm sure of it.

Yep, if they play like last year then we need to be switching those wings and pulling guys out wide. They were tight and compact last year and we didn't do anything to try to spread them. I think Vazquez will be MASSIVE in this one because of his ability to move the ball around the park so easily - and once a gap opens, he knows where to put it.

mauri
12-07-2017, 02:39 PM
They're amazing. Don't notice they're there except for the heat they provide. I will be using some if I remember.

Just got them on Amazon. 6 pairs for $10 ... supposed to last 8 hours.
https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B00DPKYI3W/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

If you don't have Prime, then try Home Sense, I think I saw them there.

Cheers.

mauri
12-07-2017, 02:49 PM
for the life of me i can never understand why it takes until 30 minutes or so into the game for people to get to their seats.

sure there are things that happen, family life, work, traffic etc. but on the whole most should be able to make it to their seats 15 minutes before kick-off

i mean if the game was at 2 pm most would be in their seats by 2:30 but if it's a 4 then they're in by 4:30 - make zero sense

just put the game time in your calendar as if it starts a 3 pm and be there for 3:30

done!!

Here here... we sit in 2 seats by the aisle and I just want to scream ... "WHY ARE YOU LATE!!!!" And when they start leaving when there is 20 mins left in a tie game, I literally shouted out "Where are you going?!?!?". It's insane...

mauri
12-07-2017, 02:53 PM
Ok, not to get ahead of ourselves ... but ... any idea where the parade would run? Maybe through the EX to Dufferin, North on Dufferin to King and East on King into the city, maybe end up at City Hall where the big trophy is?

Just sayin'

GabrielHurl
12-07-2017, 03:18 PM
All tucked in

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DQd_9YzUIAA_3iH.jpg:large

Whitbyreds
12-07-2017, 04:09 PM
Please don't. Last year I stayed there when we played NYCFC in the playoffs and both teams were there the night before.

FreekAce
12-07-2017, 04:24 PM
waking up players at 3 am is so first season :lol:

Initial B
12-07-2017, 04:28 PM
Yeah, what are we, Central Americans? :p

Toronto Funk
12-07-2017, 04:43 PM
I hear ya. I have my daughter's first ever dance recital that ends at 2.30 in Thornhill then am heading straight down. I'll be there at kickoff!

Toronto Funk
12-07-2017, 04:45 PM
Thanks!

Red4ever
12-07-2017, 04:59 PM
vR8QFNrX7Dw?t=10s

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
12-07-2017, 07:11 PM
vR8QFNrX7Dw?t=10s

Thats a good one to sing in columbus lol

Smokecell
12-07-2017, 07:20 PM
Alonso is officially ruled out of this one

GabrielHurl
12-07-2017, 07:21 PM
Seattle captain out

https://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2017/12/07/seattle-sounders-captain-osvaldo-alonso-ruled-out-2017-mls-cup

matteo30
12-07-2017, 07:26 PM
I just read the officials we have Gantar as Video review that is sketchy to say the least with our history with him why would they give Gantar this final? He deserves to be in a final? based on what merit does he deserve to be even near a final. He is without a doubt one of the worst officials in the league we will get at least one good goal called back now, I wanted to ask a question on tactics so based on the weather a lot of us are predicting 1-0 how can we counter Seattle basically walking the ball up the field as they are so accustomed to doing and clogging the midfield? As has already been said here with time waisting and fouling we need to get a good first goal, Gantar in charge worries me. We have had two good goals called off. I also predict a lot of cheap shots and fouls not called was Seattle dirty last year? This is the problem is they have a blueprint as did Columbus and New York TFC has been playing this defence style the past 4 legs but Seattle is next level time waisting if they ever take the lead if they ever score its going to be a whole game of rolling around and cheap shots. Thats why we need composure they will hack away there is no way MLS will give Seattle a man disadvantage.

MightyDM
12-07-2017, 07:30 PM
Get there for three for f's sake

UpTheReds
12-07-2017, 07:32 PM
Does Seattle park the bus this year or will they come out and have go? Surely with Dempsey and the way they've been filling the net the last little while they show a bit more adventure.

matteo30
12-07-2017, 08:28 PM
Does Seattle park the bus this year or will they come out and have go? Surely with Dempsey and the way they've been filling the net the last little while they show a bit more adventure.

They will replicate the exact same style this year if they get a 1-0 lead they will walk the ball up the field well taking a full 20 to 30 seconds with the ball it will Remind you of those fixed matches where teams know they go through so they "unintentionally" kick the ball around. I cringe at them using the same style but it worked so they will replicate it 100 %.....

matteo30
12-07-2017, 08:51 PM
So this thread is needed how would you stop a team you knew was going to replicate there same style to try and beat us for 2 consecutive years by walking the ball up time waisting and clogging the midfield. If they open up great we have the first team in weeks to actually give us space. I doubt this is the case happy to be wrong when Seattle is attacking trying to score.. If they take Vasquez out, by stacking the passing lanes along with Giovinco and Jozy Morrow and Delgado and Bradley would have more space? but for tactics what can you do to make spaces does everyone here still want to play the 3 5 2 formation? It is what has got us here. I know we wont know until match day. But the last 4 weeks have been tough viewing. What can we do to get out this Seattle trap? I wanted to start a little bit of a talk about tactics away from the main thread. Since a lot of people on here know more about tactics I don't know do you maybe flip Vasquez and Morrow in the midfield? Good discussion to have Pre Match... What adjustments would you make?

Red CB Toronto
12-07-2017, 09:03 PM
On the ground in Toronto

https://scontent.fyyz1-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/24852244_10156855364702067_8058709064165328008_n.j pg?oh=29022a45b61a8a62e22088d0b50b7da7&oe=5AD3DA39

JoeM
12-07-2017, 09:16 PM
I'm sticking with the 3-5-2. Morrow and Beitashour need to stay wide and the ball needs to be switched from wing to wing regularly - and quickly. If they play the same as last year, they'll be compact at the back so we need to stretch them as wide as possible by playing wide. I'm also assuming someone like Alonso will have the task of taking Vazquez out of the game, so Bradley and Delgado(?) will be responsible for moving the ball around. If Vazquez is tightly marked, he needs to drop back into the midfield and draw people away with him. Then it will be all about switching that ball around, spreading out that back line and looking for those brief openings between defenders or diagonal balls toward the back post. It's key that we're spreading the ball quickly from side to side to open them up and that someone is finding those gaps if Vazquez is cancelled out of the game. We can't have Seba playing right on their backline either, he needs to drift all around as he naturally pulls defenders everywhere. However, if Seattle really is going to be park the bus with the emergency break on, we could afford go 4 at the back and still give Morrow and Beitashour the freedom to play forward. But really - anything can happen in a game and tactics can change quickly. This game needs to get here faster...

Oldtimer
12-08-2017, 12:36 AM
Endoh's tweet + Google translate:

二年連続で MLS Cup Final まで辿り着きました。今年も去年と全く同じ条件なのでリベンジには最高です!我々、トロントのホームでの強 さとヨーロッパ並みのスタジアムの雰囲気を見て欲しいです🔥⚽️🔥

トロント - 12/9 (土) 16時30分キックオフ
日本 - 12/10 (日) 朝の6時30分キックオフ
Ni-nen renzoku de MLS Cup Final made tadori tsukimashita. Kotoshi mo kyonen to mattaku onaji jōken'nanode ribenji ni wa saikōdesu! Ga 々, Toronto no hōmu de no tsuyo-sa to yōroppa-nami no sutajiamu no fun'iki o mite hoshīdesu 🔥 ⚽ ️🔥 Toronto - 12/ 9 (tsuchi) 16-ji 30-bu kikkuofu Nihon - 12/ 10 (Ni~Tsu) asa no 6-ji 30-bu kikkuofu

I reached the MLS Cup Final for the second consecutive year. This year is also the same condition as last year so it's great for the revenge! We want you to see the strength in Toronto's home and the atmosphere of a stadium that is comparable to Europe. 🔥⚽️🔥

Toronto - 12/9 (Saturday) 16:30 Kickoff
Japan - 12/10 (Sunday) Kick off at 6:30 in the morning

ensco
12-08-2017, 07:28 AM
Seattle captain out

https://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2017/12/07/seattle-sounders-captain-osvaldo-alonso-ruled-out-2017-mls-cup

I shouldn’t be happy about the misfortune of others...but this has me pumped.

This is Gio's Moment.

Alonso was the single biggest factor in stoppng Gio last year. That and the pitch.

Now we need the groundskeepers to do their bit, and for the weather to hold. The field was frozen, as hard as concrete last year, it was minus 8 or minus 10 with the wind chill. The game was seriously affected by that.

Forecast of plus 1, minus 3 windchill, flurries.... the pitch should be much better.

12-08-2017, 07:56 AM
one more sleep...

ensco
12-08-2017, 08:16 AM
Gustav Svensson will be marking Gio. More on Svensson here:

https://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2017/12/07/svensson-crucial-seattle-success-i-hope-he-stays-here-long-time

The guy is a nice story, and he will certainly be used to the weather. But I think he is missing a step, and he is carrying a hamstring problem. We have to run plays right at him, get after him.

BelfastBoy
12-08-2017, 08:27 AM
^Someone tell Seba this is the North American 'big ears'.

Captain
12-08-2017, 09:22 AM
So on my commute this morning I turn on 1050 and they're talking TFC for a good ten min. Then I switch to 590 and they're talking Terry Dunfield and TFC for a good ten min. Then I switch back to 1050 and they're talking hockey but in the middle of it there are two references to Giovinco. A few minutes later Taylor Twellman is on talking TFC.

Wow - It's a good day to be a TFC fan. At one point one of the announcers implied he was pretending to know what he was talking about. Oh well at least they're trying now.

Canary10
12-08-2017, 10:03 AM
I shouldn’t be happy about the misfortune of others...but this has me pumped.

This is Gio's Moment.

Alonso was the single biggest factor in stoppng Gio last year. That and the pitch.

Now we need the groundskeepers to do their bit, and for the weather to hold. The field was frozen, as hard as concrete last year, it was minus 8 or minus 10 with the wind chill. The game was seriously affected by that.

Forecast of plus 1, minus 3 windchill, flurries.... the pitch should be much better.

What's your feeling now one day out Ensco?

Globetrotter
12-08-2017, 10:24 AM
How do you think the Argos are going to feel with TFC/Seattle tearing up the field in sloppy conditions tomorrow? Joking.

Rain/snow: the great speed and technique neutralizer. Check 5 different weather stations and they all say something different. Even The Weather Network app vs TV vs website has different data!

A nice light snow fall + victory would be picture perfect.

Canary10
12-08-2017, 10:26 AM
I may need to start boozing now I'm so nervous.

Wagner
12-08-2017, 10:33 AM
https://www.soundersfc.com/post/2017/12/04/professional-referee-organization-announces-assignments-mls-cup-2017

what do we know about Champan?

ryan
12-08-2017, 10:35 AM
How do you think the Argos are going to feel with TFC/Seattle tearing up the field in sloppy conditions tomorrow? Joking.

Rain/snow: the great speed and technique neutralizer. Check 5 different weather stations and they all say something different. Even The Weather Network app vs TV vs website has different data!

A nice light snow fall would + victory would be picture perfect.

Light snow will melt and make it wet/slick. Don't expect it to be slow because of that. Would need to be heavy snow to slow the game down.

Hamilton_Red
12-08-2017, 10:37 AM
A mere three hours out over Alberta in a sardine can that is Air Canada Rouge. really should be sleeping

:scarf::flare::drum:

Hamilton_Red
12-08-2017, 10:42 AM
The question is if Altidore Can't last 90 Mins . Do You start him? play him of the bench?

Stress
12-08-2017, 10:43 AM
Just got them on Amazon. 6 pairs for $10 ... supposed to last 8 hours.
https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B00DPKYI3W/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

If you don't have Prime, then try Home Sense, I think I saw them there.

Cheers.

Mark's (marks work warehouse) always has them. I picked up a bunch and they are only like $2-3.

whositwhatnow
12-08-2017, 10:43 AM
I may need to start boozing now I'm so nervous.

Ha you and alot of people...including me

whositwhatnow
12-08-2017, 10:44 AM
Mark's (marks work warehouse) always has them. I picked up a bunch and they are only like $2-3.

they handed these out last year, i remember getting a few on my way into the stadium.

TFC Tifoso
12-08-2017, 10:44 AM
The question is if Altidore Can't last 90 Mins . Do You start him? play him of the bench?

start.....no question.....

denime
12-08-2017, 10:53 AM
Seattle Sounders captain Osvaldo Alonso ruled out for 2017 MLS Cup ... (https://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=3&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwjGoZWv4vrXAhWg2YMKHZnTAH4QFggxMAI&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.mlssoccer.com%2Fpost%2F2017% 2F12%2F07%2Fseattle-sounders-captain-osvaldo-alonso-ruled-out-2017-mls-cup&usg=AOvVaw3T7kVLkp525th_j8hKdoGj)

Canary10
12-08-2017, 10:54 AM
start.....no question.....

Also having the possibility of bringing in Ricketts against Marshall's turtle-like speed is a good option.

Rene Kingsriver
12-08-2017, 10:55 AM
Ha you and alot of people...including me

I haven't slept properly all week

Section_105
12-08-2017, 10:57 AM
A mere three hours out over Alberta in a sardine can that is Air Canada Rouge. really should be sleeping

:scarf::flare::drum:

sleeping is overrated at a time like this and you need to get back on GTA time. ;)

welcome back.

Captain
12-08-2017, 11:24 AM

Dollarama also has them.

mauri
12-08-2017, 11:54 AM
What an historic season for the Reds. Here's a chance to complete what no team has EVER done before in the history of the MLS ...

https://www.torontofc.ca/post/2017/12/07/two-down-toronto-fc-see-potential-treble-part-process

Globetrotter
12-08-2017, 12:07 PM
https://www.torontofc.ca/post/2017/12/07/two-down-toronto-fc-see-potential-treble-part-process

Based on this article, and I haven't looked back at the history, is Toronto the first team ever to be in this position? Meaning having won 2 trophies and then at minimum appearing in the finals for the 3rd?

Seattle and Dallas both had domestic and supporters - but never made the MLS Cup finals.
LA won the shield and MLS Cup, but didn't advance to the domestic cup finals.

I haven't looked up what has happened outside of that. I'm guessing if anyone has been in that position, it was pre 2004?

mauri
12-08-2017, 12:11 PM
If Toronto wins the MLSL Cup they will have completed the first Treble (Shield, Cup & Domestic Cup) ever. Other teams have won 2, never the third.

CBTFC
12-08-2017, 12:19 PM
This game is all I've been able to think about for the week.

4:30pm kickoff tomorrow can't come soon enough!

ensco
12-08-2017, 12:32 PM
What's your feeling now one day out Ensco?

Feeling 100% confident. This will be great.

buddies
12-08-2017, 12:50 PM
I may or may not be an employee of Budweiser's major Canadian competition but even if I was ... I hope to hell someone around here has the pull with TFC to get this played repeatedly on the big screen inside the stadium in the lead up to the game to get the crowd's voices warmed up ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UnqbEKK6TCc

and I'm wishing ... for a Red Christmas by the way :)

Hamilton_Red
12-08-2017, 01:09 PM
I may or may not be an employee of Budweiser's major Canadian competition but even if I was ... I hope to hell someone around here has the pull with TFC to get this played repeatedly on the big screen inside the stadium in the lead up to the game to get the crowd's voices warmed up ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UnqbEKK6TCc

and I'm wishing ... for a Red Christmas by the way :)

OK - I will drink a Bud for that add only.

Ponderosa
12-08-2017, 01:25 PM
OK - I will drink a Bud for that add only.

Red Christmas to open up, and Legend TFC to close it all off!