PDA

View Full Version : "it's a league event"

Pages : [1] 2

molenshtain
11-30-2017, 10:14 AM
They have royally fucked up the roll out process and policy for ticket sales for the final. I thought last year was bad but the system suggested in the email sent out today is insane.

It can't really be first come first serve can it? Am I reading this wrong? I want to be in my usual season seats I've had with the people around me for 10 years. Thjs isn't that hard.

Parkdale
11-30-2017, 10:16 AM
yeah..... sadly that's just the way it is. That's how it was last year, and how it always is.

I'm going to leave this thread open so people can blow off steam, but please remember - your ticket reps have no control over this - so dont be a jerk to them.

if it derails, the thread will get closed. thanks for understanding, but it's a done deal already.

Canary10
11-30-2017, 10:18 AM
There won't be an option to pick your seats even if they're available. If I'm reading this email correctly. Major bummer.

denime
11-30-2017, 10:20 AM
Your Supporter or Club seats

To secure your Supporter or Club seats you'll need to log in to your Online Account Manager tomorrow and pay your invoice. Tickets purchased from your Online Account Manager will be available to be printed or transfered immediately.

Your non Supporter or Club seats

The Ticketmaster presale for MLS Cup will be online only and ticeSt

s

PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION

MLS Cup is a League-Run Event

Consistent with 2016 and due to league requirements, Members will not have access to their Season Seat location
All Members will have guaranteed access to purchase the same number of seats as they have in their accounts, during the dedicated presale window

All presale timeslots will be prioritized by tenure

The purchase process for tickets will be conducted via Ticketmaster
You will receive Membership pricing during the Member window

The Purchase Process

Due to the volume of Members in the presale, the interactive seating map (i.e. the blue dots) will be unavailable. In its place, a static BMO Field map and search function will dictate your search options.

Recommended option Drop-Down Menu – By using the drop-down menu, you can search for seats in 15 different areas of the stadium. If you choose this option, it will automatically select the seats in the lowest rows of the sections listed that are still available
If no seats are available in the drop-down option you selected, move to a different location as these sections may be sold out

Alternative option Best Available – If you choose this option, it will automatically select the highest priced seats still available regardless of their location in the stadium
Seat availability will change throughout your window as Members are selecting and de-selecting seats

cannot be purchased over the phone. See below for Ticketmaster purchase tips.

Your Ticketmaster Account

Make sure to log in to your Ticketmaster account before your presale to avoid any delays when purchasing Click here to log on to Ticketmaster (http://app.fans.mlse.com/e/er?s=1035771346&lid=6725&elqTrackId=fe5bd221ba494a9bbe8b54bce7f9bd9e&elq=1fcad4fc8a1e446698fedbb9414ac542&elqaid=6475&elqat=1)
Please ensure that your credit card information is uploaded to your account prior to the presale to avoid any delays during your purchase window

How to Access the Tickets Once Purchased

Tickets purchased from Ticketmaster will become available to print 48 hours prior to the match

Once tickets have been purchased, you cannot exchange or refund your seats

Your Unique Presale Code

Your unique, one-time use code will become active at the start of your MLS Cup presale window

PLEASE DON’T SHARE THIS CODE AS ONCE IT IS USED, IT BECOMES INVALID

Copying and pasting your code often adds extra characters, for best results manually type in your presale code

tfcfans
11-30-2017, 10:22 AM
They are very clear about the "no blue dots" thing on TM thereby ensuring people can't pick specific seats......it's unfortunate, but I'd rather have the problem of being in an MLS CUp Final and not getting my particular seats as opposed to not being in a Final at all....these are "first world" MLS problems.....

I have the Noon time slot based on tenure, I'm assuming there is a 10 am one obviously --- curious as to any other time slots that people have? 11am? 2pm? later?

molenshtain
11-30-2017, 10:29 AM
Yeah I suppose they did it last year, but even then my section wasn't affected. Is it every section? will the Bunker be left to be bought by people who won't contribute in the stands? unless the league decided they wanted way more tickets this year than last I can't understand the change.

Canary10
11-30-2017, 10:30 AM
They are very clear about the "no blue dots" thing on TM thereby ensuring people can't pick specific seats......it's unfortunate, but I'd rather have the problem of being in an MLS CUp Final and not getting my particular seats as opposed to not being in a Final at all....these are "first world" MLS problems.....

I have the Noon time slot based on tenure, I'm assuming there is a 10 am one obviously --- curious as to any other time slots that people have? 11am? 2pm? later?

Noon for me too.

benito
11-30-2017, 10:32 AM
I am a year 1 ticket holder and have a 10am slot. Last year I was able to get my normal seats in 126. Hopefully I can get something similar this time around.

GerMc
11-30-2017, 10:33 AM

I have 2 pm....

denime
11-30-2017, 10:33 AM
Yeah I suppose they did it last year, but even then my section wasn't affected. Is it every section? will the Bunker be left to be bought by people who won't contribute in the stands? unless the league decided they wanted way more tickets this year than last I can't understand the change.

NO,SOUTH STANDS ARE SAFE,same as last year

Your Supporter or Club seats

To secure your Supporter or Club seats you'll need to log in to your Online Account Manager tomorrow and pay your invoice.

samuraizero
11-30-2017, 10:41 AM
The fact that you cant use the "little blue dots" to snag your own seats if available is some major crap.
Again, forced to not be able to sit with everyone I've celebrated with all year.

Also 2pm.

Captain
11-30-2017, 10:43 AM
My computers are down at work so I have not seen any emails. Please tell me what I'm missing. What day are we getting to buy our tickets?

tfcfans
11-30-2017, 10:45 AM
My computers are down at work so I have not seen any emails. Please tell me what I'm missing. What day are we getting to buy our tickets?

Tomorrow - time slot determined by tenure

Canary10
11-30-2017, 10:47 AM
They should set up a practice Ticketmaster website. Last year I panicked and picked the wrong tickets.

Red4ever
11-30-2017, 10:49 AM
https://i.ytimg.com/vi/ZdRiHJos9OU/maxresdefault.jpg

It's a league game.

fergiejr
11-30-2017, 10:49 AM
Looks like it's going to be the dark ages of Ticketmaster. This actually may make the purchase process faster. I'm with @tfcfans, I would rather have this problem.

I have a noon window being a SSH since 2009.

molenshtain
11-30-2017, 10:51 AM
https://i.ytimg.com/vi/ZdRiHJos9OU/maxresdefault.jpg

It's a league game.

I don't roll on Shabbas. I told them a thousand times.

Derko
11-30-2017, 10:51 AM
10:00 am for me, hopefully I can get in section 110

Captain
11-30-2017, 11:00 AM
Tomorrow - time slot determined by tenure
Figures! My computers at work are down today and I'm off work tomorrow! This sucks. Somehow I have to get my correspondence switched to my personal email.

lintberg
11-30-2017, 11:00 AM
I'm in 110 too, as it's still supporters and we have the drum I have put a call into my rep....otherwise if I don't grab my own seats they won't know where to deliver my drum!!
Fingers crossed...my time slot is 10am

fergiejr
11-30-2017, 11:06 AM
I'm in 110 too, as it's still supporters and we have the drum I have put a call into my rep....otherwise if I don't grab my own seats they won't know where to deliver my drum!!
Fingers crossed...my time slot is 10am

We need that drum up in 110 to keep 109 in sync! :drum: Fingers crossed for sure!

eustacchio
11-30-2017, 11:16 AM
Some times not using pick-a-seat is a performance issue - more likely for things to crash. Not allowing it is a typical of large on-sales.

UpTheReds
11-30-2017, 11:18 AM
Where does it say what our pre-sale time is? It says “your pre-sale starts at 10:00am” so does that mean I have a 10:00am time slot?

fergiejr
11-30-2017, 11:35 AM
Where does it say what our pre-sale time is? It says “your pre-sale starts at 10:00am” so does that mean I have a 10:00am time slot?

Yes.

Mine says 12:00. So I can start getting my seats at 12:00.

German21
11-30-2017, 11:38 AM
They have royally fucked up the roll out process and policy for ticket sales for the final. I thought last year was bad but the system suggested in the email sent out today is insane.

It can't really be first come first serve can it? Am I reading this wrong? I want to be in my usual season seats I've had with the people around me for 10 years. Thjs isn't that hard.

it is that hard. MLS CUP is a league event, meaning the league has the rights to the seats. only supporter section and club seats are held back. They dont have to give SSHs first go at tickets but imagine the shit storm if they didnt. I'd be thankful you still get to go. There are plenty of people that would take your chance.

flatpicker
11-30-2017, 12:00 PM
it is that hard. MLS CUP is a league event, meaning the league has the rights to the seats. only supporter section and club seats are held back. They dont have to give SSHs first go at tickets but imagine the shit storm if they didnt. I'd be thankful you still get to go. There are plenty of people that would take your chance.

I'm sure there's a lot of fans in Seattle that would love a shot a tickets.

Auzzy
11-30-2017, 12:03 PM
Crap, it's far worse than last year, although website performance will probably be better. There are better ways to deal with the requirements to free up the blocks of seats required for the league; AND avoid performance issues; AND reduce the amount of turmoil by avoiding unnecessary moving about & unnecessary ticket choices for the SSH presale. But we discussed this lots last year, both here & in other forums. No need to spill more ink & waste more time on that. It's clear the league doesn't give a crap; they just flex their "league event" muscles and do what the heck they want.

BTW I really don't like the narrative "first world problems" or "rather have the problem of being in an MLS CUp Final" when there are clearly better ways to deal with the problems than what they have decided to do. We could all just say "I'm happy that I'm alive and not dead, so I'll just put up with every shit sandwich that anyone serves me for no good reason." Probably the mood will be as dead in the section I end up in as it was last year in the MLS Cup, with nobody knowing each other. Plus a bunch of guys being totally annoying, with inappropriate behaviour and non-stop swearing mostly unrelated to the game; while adjacent parents / kids / grandparents looked about uncomfortably; but nobody said anything because the normal social controls of a section where most SSHers know each other had been destroyed.

The league and I don't know who else are being thick-headed, not inventive. Whatever, let's just leave it at that. Maybe it's something that could be raised in future SSH meetings; club/league/supporters group events; etc. But I'm not holding my breath, as I know there are bigger unresolved issues. Definitely mention it to your ticket reps if you're unhappy; but definitely be nice to your ticket reps as well.

Do we know anything about extra seats being added? I doubt we end up with as many extra seats as last year, where the temp stands were useful for both TFC & the Grey Cup. I find overall demand so far in the playoffs has been lower than last year: things don't sell out as fast; there are more seats available for reasonable prices; there were even some seats available shortly before the last games. Slightly lower local demand could ease the pressure for the MLS Cup; or the reduced number of extra seats could make things harder. Probably it will be a wash.

The window for my seatmate & I starts at noon on Friday; can't remember exactly when we started our season tickers.

Auzzy
11-30-2017, 12:08 PM
I'm sure there's a lot of fans in Seattle that would love a shot a tickets.

Yes, and if their team had been better over a 34-game season, then they would have a much better shot at tickets.

CdnWanderer
11-30-2017, 12:29 PM
I just spoke with my account rep, as I'd been given a 4pm time slot. Long story short, I had to change the name on my account last year, as the membership was in someone else's name. I wanted to know if that affected my time slot, and the answer was yes, because of the 'ownership' change.

However, the good news in all this - he said that my supporters section tickets in 110 wouldn't be affected, only the other tickets I have (in 220). Apparently as long as you opt-in, supporters section seats are safe, as they want supporters sections to stay together. If you have seats outside of designated supporters section then you will likely be moved, but supporters sections should get their normal seats.

Toronto Funk
11-30-2017, 12:32 PM
I just had the same chat with my rep - supporters seats are safe as long as you buy in your allotted timeslot

I just spoke with my account rep, as I'd been given a 4pm time slot. Long story short, I had to change the name on my account last year, as the membership was in someone else's name. I wanted to know if that affected my time slot, and the answer was yes, because of the 'ownership' change.

However, the good news in all this - he said that my supporters section tickets in 110 wouldn't be affected, only the other tickets I have (in 220). Apparently as long as you opt-in, supporters section seats are safe, as they want supporters sections to stay together. If you have seats outside of designated supporters section then you will likely be moved, but supporters sections should get their normal seats.

TFC Tifoso
11-30-2017, 12:39 PM
not being able to select your seat(s) is a bummer, but I kinda expected it to be a similar process as last year.....

does anyone have any info on specifically how the "15 different areas" available for selection will be divided??

tfcfans
11-30-2017, 12:48 PM
Crap, it's far worse than last year, although website performance will probably be better. There are better ways to deal with the requirements to free up the blocks of seats required for the league; AND avoid performance issues; AND reduce the amount of turmoil by avoiding unnecessary moving about & unnecessary ticket choices for the SSH presale. But we discussed this lots last year, both here & in other forums. No need to spill more ink & waste more time on that. It's clear the league doesn't give a crap; they just flex their "league event" muscles and do what the heck they want.

BTW I really don't like the narrative "first world problems" or "rather have the problem of being in an MLS CUp Final" when there are clearly better ways to deal with the problems than what they have decided to do. We could all just say "I'm happy that I'm alive and not dead, so I'll just put up with every shit sandwich that anyone serves me for no good reason." Probably the mood will be as dead in the section I end up in as it was last year in the MLS Cup, with nobody knowing each other. Plus a bunch of guys being totally annoying, with inappropriate behaviour and non-stop swearing mostly unrelated to the game; while adjacent parents / kids / grandparents looked about uncomfortably; but nobody said anything because the normal social controls of a section where most SSHers know each other had been destroyed.

The league and I don't know who else are being thick-headed, not inventive. Whatever, let's just leave it at that. Maybe it's something that could be raised in future SSH meetings; club/league/supporters group events; etc. But I'm not holding my breath, as I know there are bigger unresolved issues. Definitely mention it to your ticket reps if you're unhappy; but definitely be nice to your ticket reps as well.

Do we know anything about extra seats being added? I doubt we end up with as many extra seats as last year, where the temp stands were useful for both TFC & the Grey Cup. I find overall demand so far in the playoffs has been lower than last year: things don't sell out as fast; there are more seats available for reasonable prices; there were even some seats available shortly before the last games. Slightly lower local demand could ease the pressure for the MLS Cup; or the reduced number of extra seats could make things harder. Probably it will be a wash.

The window for my seatmate & I starts at noon on Friday; can't remember exactly when we started our season tickers.

Sorry to offend Auzzy, I truly am, I'm not a "like it or lump it" kind of guy, and believe me if you knew me and my ability to deliver righteous indignation at slights that the world throws my way (frankly a big part of my career is being an advocate for many causes where people have gotten "screwed" by the system), I'm probably more like yourself than you think.....but the analogy of "I'm happy I'm alive and not dead, so I'll just take every....." might be a smidge over the top in comparison to this situation (I deal with people literally fighting for their lives, or for shelter or to be reunited with their families - those are truly "shi#" sandwiches as you say; this is tickets to a sporting event)......it sucks, I get it, are there better solutions? - sure there are, are they going to happen in the next day or so?, no they aren't -- is the will to make them happen really there?, I would bet not by both TFC or the league itself as they know fans are going to buy the tickets irrespective of how pissed they might be. No STH I know is going to say "I'm not going to MLS Cup because I can't get my seats, and even if they do, those seats are gone quickly to the next buyer anyways on Monday. I'm not saying you and I and other long time STH shouldn't be pissed to some degree (cripes I bought frigging Marlies Ransom Packs back in the day with 1/2 season packs - let me tell you about righteous indignation! - ha ha ha), I'm just saying that I'm not going to direct my anger and frustration down that road at this point, I guess its to each their own in terms of how they want to handle the ticketing situation.

Anyways -

I truly hope you find a way to get to be near your "regular" seats -- I will be endeavoring to do the same thing - last year I was at least in my section for MLS Cup......maybe a new section will bring me luck this year for the Final....at this point I'm willing to try anything..... ;)

Again - sorry to offend.....it wasn't the intention....

UpTheReds
11-30-2017, 12:54 PM
The atmosphere at the final last year was awful. That was because of real supporters not being able to get tickets. I’d rather play this game in a neutral site so the true support has to travel.

zorsofstesab
11-30-2017, 12:57 PM
just saying.....we were 1 yard, 1 touch away from being eliminated last night in the 88th minute.

Things could be a lot worse today. It is what it is, similar to last year. MLSE not at fault. Would you rather we revert back to the old neutral venue and we travel and spend more $$? I was unlucky last year and settled for seats that were not my 1st choice. Even got some back talk from regulars in that section.

Auzzy
11-30-2017, 12:59 PM
Sorry to offend Auzzy, I truly am, I'm not a "like it or lump it" kind of guy, and believe me if you knew me and my ability to deliver righteous indignation at slights that the world throws my way (frankly a big part of my career is being an advocate for many causes where people have gotten "screwed" by the system), I'm probably more like yourself than you think.....but the analogy of "I'm happy I'm alive and not dead, so I'll just take every....." might be a smidge over the top in comparison to this situation (I deal with people literally fighting for their lives, or for shelter or to be reunited with their families - those are truly "shi#" sandwiches as you say; this is tickets to a sporting event)......it sucks, I get it, are there better solutions? - sure there are, are they going to happen in the next day or so?, no they aren't -- is the will to make them happen really there?, I would bet not by both TFC or the league itself as they know fans are going to buy the tickets irrespective of how pissed they might be. No STH I know is going to say "I'm not going to MLS Cup because I can't get my seats, and even if they do, those seats are gone quickly to the next buyer anyways on Monday. I'm not saying you and I and other long time STH shouldn't be pissed to some degree (cripes I bought frigging Marlies Ransom Packs back in the day with 1/2 season packs - let me tell you about righteous indignation! - ha ha ha), I'm just saying that I'm not going to direct my anger and frustration down that road at this point, I guess its to each their own in terms of how they want to handle the ticketing situation.

Anyways -

I truly hope you find a way to get to be near your "regular" seats -- I will be endeavoring to do the same thing - last year I was at least in my section for MLS Cup......maybe a new section will bring me luck this year for the Final....at this point I'm willing to try anything..... ;)

Again - sorry to offend.....it wasn't the intention....

Yes "I'm happy I'm alive" is over the top. But "let's just be happy we're in the MLS Cup, no matter how they handle this" is also over the top. Many people weren't happy last year; the league and/or TFC and/or Ticketmaster made it worse rather than better. So they're not even trying to support a culture of long-time season ticket holders, etc. (I also started with Marlies Packs BTW.) It may never get better for any MLS Cup host city. But it certainly won't get better if nobody complains.

I surely know there are bigger issues in the world; some that I also help with at work or on my private times. Those affected often hear the similar stories: "just be thankful that" and all the "whataboutism" that gets thrown around these days...

tfcfans
11-30-2017, 01:02 PM
Yes "I'm happy I'm alive" is over the top. But "let's just be happy we're in the MLS Cup, no matter how they handle this" is also over the top. Many people weren't happy last year; the league and/or TFC and/or Ticketmaster made it worse rather than better. So they're not even trying to support a culture of long-time season ticket holders, etc. (I also started with Marlies Packs BTW.) It may never get better for any MLS Cup host city. But it certainly won't get better if nobody complains.

I surely know there are bigger issues in the world; some that I also help with at work or on my private times. Those affected often hear the similar stories: "just be thankful that" and all the "whataboutism" that gets thrown around these days...

Oh my god...."whataboutism" --- that was done well on John Oliver's finale a few weeks back.....ha ha ha.....

Auzzy
11-30-2017, 01:02 PM
just saying.....we were 1 yard, 1 touch away from being eliminated last night in the 88th minute.

Things could be a lot worse today. It is what it is, similar to last year. MLSE not at fault. Would you rather we revert back to the old neutral venue and we travel and spend more $$? I was unlucky last year and settled for seats that were not my 1st choice. Even got some back talk from regulars in that section.

It is worse than last year. It could have been better than last year, because there are better ways to handle this, but they've chosen the heavy-handed approach. If we hadn't made it to MLS Cup because a couple of touch-and-go results going the other way, and another team with a similar large percentage of season-ticket holds was hosting instead of TFC, I would also want them to be treated better.

zorsofstesab
11-30-2017, 01:19 PM
It is worse than last year. It could have been better than last year, because there are better ways to handle this, but they've chosen the heavy-handed approach. If we hadn't made it to MLS Cup because a couple of touch-and-go results going the other way, and another team with a similar large percentage of season-ticket holds was hosting instead of TFC, I would also want them to be treated better.

Reading the article that a TFC fan lost his life returning home from the TFC game is something that is a tragedy. Not getting your normal seats, meaningless...

Auzzy
11-30-2017, 01:24 PM
Reading the article that a TFC lost his life returning home from the TFC game is something that is a tragedy. Not getting your normal seats, meaningless...

That's a ridiculous comparison. There is always somebody worse off somewhere. It's not an "either-or." I can be very sad for the loss of life of a TFC supporter, while also realizing that there are better ways that MLS could have handled ticket sales for MLS Cup.

Auzzy
11-30-2017, 01:27 PM
Some good news, I believe, about the way they're selling additional seats for SSHers this year, for all the playoff games. Apparently you can't email transfer those seats; and you can only access them a day before the event. I guess that's an attempt to make life harder for scalpers?

OgtheDim
11-30-2017, 02:59 PM
As long as I get a decent enough seat, I'll be happy. 2pm window.

Said to other people in my section last night, see you in February.

denime
11-30-2017, 03:07 PM
Some good news, I believe, about the way they're selling additional seats for SSHers this year, for all the playoff games. Apparently you can't email transfer those seats; and you can only access them a day before the event. I guess that's an attempt to make life harder for scalpers?

Of course you can email it,all you have to do is choose print at home option and download you pdf ticket file,sell and email. Only difference is ,you can access those tickets 48hrs before the game,not before.

Red4ever
11-30-2017, 03:09 PM
I totally understand the frustration.

But the reality is, we are going to the final and for the second year in a row we don't have to worry about air fare. We don't have to worry about ticket allotment.

That's outstanding.

A little weird to be playing a neutral site game in your home stadium? Sure. But I can't get behind the rage.

Canary10
11-30-2017, 03:10 PM
The atmosphere at the final last year was awful. That was because of real supporters not being able to get tickets. I’d rather play this game in a neutral site so the true support has to travel.

Umm, season seat holders were guaranteed seats, just not their seasons. "Real" supporters were there.

cmonyoureds
11-30-2017, 03:23 PM

Easy does it.
Supporter section was full of the regulars.
I will also add that thanks to the efforts of many here, other "real supporters" without first shot at presales/public sales got into the building.

Couchy81
11-30-2017, 03:28 PM
Last year for the Cup I moved from up in the 200's down to the center field about 10 rows up for the second half, where all the League tourists were. There were empty seats. Must have been the weather. Dead atmosphere but me and the boys brought some life there for a bit.

I got a 4pm time slot tomorrow will probably end up back in the 200's.

German21
11-30-2017, 03:33 PM
Easy does it.
I will also add that thanks to the efforts of many here, other "real supporters" without first shot at presales/public sales got into the building.

how are these people that don't have first shot at presales/public sales "real supporters"?

whositwhatnow
11-30-2017, 03:39 PM
looks like the presale is only for season seat holders

Nuvinho
11-30-2017, 03:56 PM
I am 10am, but I highly doubt I will get my tickets in 108

Canary10
11-30-2017, 04:16 PM
looks like the presale is only for season seat holders

Yeah, it is.

UpTheReds
11-30-2017, 07:18 PM
Easy does it.

And a lot of people who have been there from the start until not will tell you there were a lot of day trippers in the supporters section who were there to get bombed. A lot of the people I have talked to have agreed but everyone is entitled to their opinion. Not having people in their own seats and allowing copious amounts of tickets into the hands of scalpers certainly doesn’t help the atmosphere. I think we can all agree on that.

Derko
11-30-2017, 07:47 PM
This is how I understand the process:

SSH Supporter's Sections: You pay your bill through Account Manager your seats are secured , and print out immediately
SSH all other sections: You log onto Ticketmaster at allotted time (10:00am) with your one time code, you purchase the number
of seats you have in your account, but they will not be your original SSH seat locations.
Same as last year only no blue dot option, listed by sections.

A separate email with a pre sale code will be sent for additional tickets on sale Monday.

Am I correct

Lennon
11-30-2017, 09:08 PM
Anyone know the face value of the cheapest tickets?

I'm trying to decide when would be the best time to buy on stubhub. Now before Seattle clinches or after tickets go on sale to the general public and more tickets become available.

Scotiarae
11-30-2017, 09:56 PM

supports sections can get their tickets tomorrow at 10 am but must get them before midnight Sunday. Those tickets are available for download, transfer etc immediately. They then have their own window (probably with other season holders?) to buy additional tickets on Monday before general public - perhaps there are 48hr restrictions on those ones? Not sure.

I would just say don't panic - things did work out last year. You will get a ticket. My section 116 last year - we actually had way more people than seats - we were sideways in the isles standing, probably against code, but we fit people in to get them out of the nosebleeds. I have great appreciation that I am one of the lucky ones but I also know there are lots of people in the supporters sections that have spares and try to ensure they go to Red Patch Boys, regulars etc and not to 'glory hunters'. Nobody I knew tried to cash in last year - we made a concerted effort through Kings of the North to get people into the game. It will happen again this year. Have faith, don't panic. There aren't a million people fighting for these tickets.

Scotiarae
11-30-2017, 10:05 PM
Anyone know the face value of the cheapest tickets?

I'm trying to decide when would be the best time to buy on stubhub. Now before Seattle clinches or after tickets go on sale to the general public and more tickets become available.

You may be buying a Stubhub ticket that the buyer has no right to yet - especially if its not in the south stand? The prices on there right now I think are way higher that what they will eventually go for.

Lennon
11-30-2017, 11:50 PM
You may be buying a Stubhub ticket that the buyer has no right to yet - especially if its not in the south stand? The prices on there right now I think are way higher that what they will eventually go for.

I don't know man. That's what I thought last year and prices only went up closer to game time. I bought at the last minute and spent somewhere between $300-400.

Seattle up 3-0 and cheapest tickets are now $340 USD each. Damn.

Oldtimer
12-01-2017, 12:14 AM
how are these people that don't have first shot at presales/public sales "real supporters"?

Because "real supporters" don't want to shell out for season tickets, apparently. :lol:

I call bs on this whole claim of lack of atmosphere, because I was there. The atmosphere at last year's cup was amazing.

andyboy
12-01-2017, 12:24 AM
Due to health issues, i have not been able to get down to BMO Field since 2015. If I still had my season's tickets, I would be apoplectic about this outrageous treatment by the FO which you are discussing in this thread. I feel your pain and can only hope it goes like this in a few sections...

MAXIMUS: Anyone here been in the army a supporters’ group?
FELLOW-FIGHTER #1: Yes
FELLOW-FIGHTER #2: I served with you in Vindobona the
Inebriatti.
MAXIMUS: You can help me. Whatever comes out of these gates, we have a better chance of survival if we work together. Do you understand? We stay sing together, we survive.

And later, GREG VANNEY: Hold as one. Hold. Diamond! Diamond!

Toronto Ruffrider
12-01-2017, 12:32 AM

They may not even be real tickets. I just checked Stubhub, and there are 8 tickets for sale in each of Sections 313 and 316. Those seats may have existed in the last MLS Cup (and Grey Cup and Centennial Classic), but they don't exist this time around. lol

UpTheReds
12-01-2017, 01:25 AM
Because "real supporters" don't want to shell out for season tickets, apparently. :lol:

I call bs on this whole claim of lack of atmosphere, because I was there. The atmosphere at last year's cup was amazing. Just because someone can’t afford season seats it doesn’t mean they aren’t a real supporter. I would venture to say there are lots of people who can’t affford MLSE’s inflated ticket prices that are supporters of this club. Your comment is disingenuous.

Ponderosa
12-01-2017, 07:18 AM
It's ticket day- good luck to all of you having to duke it out during today's windows...may the gods of football be with you and angels shine down and grant you good seats!

Oldtimer
12-01-2017, 07:30 AM
Due to health issues, i have not been able to get down to BMO Field since 2015. If I still had my season's tickets, I would be apoplectic about this outrageous treatment by the FO which you are discussing in this thread.

Sad you can't come in person anymore, at least the broadcast will be good.

It's not the FO that is at fault, it's the league that mandates that advertisers and big wigs get the prime seats and determined this process. I understand the "why," but it's the "how" that is a problem.

denime
12-01-2017, 08:29 AM
This is how I understand the process:

SSH Supporter's Sections: You pay your bill through Account Manager your seats are secured , and print out immediately
SSH all other sections: You log onto Ticketmaster at allotted time (10:00am) with your one time code, you purchase the number
of seats you have in your account, but they will not be your original SSH seat locations.
Same as last year only no blue dot option, listed by sections.

A separate email with a pre sale code will be sent for additional tickets on sale Monday.

Am I correct

YES,

You are 100% correct

cincy
12-01-2017, 09:11 AM
If anyone can't use their presale code I would love to get to this game.

Red CB Toronto
12-01-2017, 09:11 AM
This being a league event , in many ways it’s a neautral site from their standpoint, not a TFC home game. Funny thing is when you look back at 2010 when it was at BMO every season ticket holder has their seats, which shows how far this league has really come.

sibooo
12-01-2017, 09:20 AM
Just paid for my tix on account manager. My window was 10am, but looks like they were released for purchase early. My 4 tix in 111 were $110 each.

magmadragon
12-01-2017, 09:20 AM
Ticketbastard is showing a range of $90 to $370. I see it going down like concert tickets. The map will not be initially available but after the frenzy dies down it will be. You obviously risk waiting for that moment, but then again, even if you do, it's not like it will be sold out (and if you go earlier you can end up elsewhere anyway). Might be worth waiting until later to get seats IDK.

Edit: That is to say that last year the map did eventually become available.

magmadragon
12-01-2017, 09:26 AM
Just paid for my tix on account manager. My window was 10am, but looks like they were released for purchase early. My 4 tix in 111 were $110 each.

Just did the same. It's funny because the conference final was $85 last year, while it was $80 this year. MLS Cup was was $90 last year, it is $110 this year.

dal524
12-01-2017, 09:39 AM
yup if you are able just go in now and pay the invoice. im in 117 and its 80 per ticket.

Red CB Toronto
12-01-2017, 09:43 AM
yup if you are able just go in now and pay the invoice. im in 117 and its 80 per ticket.
Yep, up from $55 last year.

Red4ever
12-01-2017, 09:45 AM
Just got mine. 30 mins early

dal524
12-01-2017, 09:47 AM

they were only 55 last year!?! Wow. good thing i have a bad memory

magmadragon
12-01-2017, 09:47 AM

You guys in yellow have it good :D I miss the days that light grey was similar

Canary10
12-01-2017, 09:56 AM
Can people not in the supporters section report their experience buying tickets? I'm going at noon. Any learnings would be appreciated!!

Parkdale
12-01-2017, 10:00 AM
Just got mine. 30 mins early

your suporters seats, or other sections? I've got my 112 seats locked down, and the window for my buddies seats open in 1 minutes.

okay... gotta run!

Red CB Toronto
12-01-2017, 10:01 AM
You guys in yellow have it good :D I miss the days that light grey was similar
That’s why two years ago I relocated from 105 to 118 when I could. It just sensed that the divide between the southend and the rest of the stadium was going to get bigger in terms of pricing and how the FO and the league in this case handle them.

tfcfans
12-01-2017, 10:02 AM
Can people not in the supporters section report their experience buying tickets? I'm going at noon. Any learnings would be appreciated!!

I second this --- I'm hoping for some light greys upper west side -- curious as to pricing/availability (other than price point I assume you can choose side of the field -- they say 15 options so I would assume so) - $100?

sidvan
12-01-2017, 10:03 AM
Got mine in 115. :scarf:

JT Red127
12-01-2017, 10:04 AM
anyone else trying to buy right now?? The link they sent doesnt seem to work, its just saying presale monday at 12, but my time slot is today 10am. wtf

denime
12-01-2017, 10:06 AM

Noon is first time slot for non supporters section,no?

denime
12-01-2017, 10:07 AM
anyone else trying to buy right now?? The link they sent doesnt seem to work, its just saying presale monday at 12, but my time slot is today 10am. wtf

they sent us two links,if you are in supporters section,it is 10am trough your account manager,otherwise it's noon.

C.Ronaldo
12-01-2017, 10:08 AM
i got my tickets!

is this the same price as last year? 80/ seat in supporters?

Id hate to see the price elsewhere

Detroit_TFC
12-01-2017, 10:09 AM
Got my regular seat Sec 209, Row 3. $130. Can't complain about this price.

benito
12-01-2017, 10:10 AM
I got my normal seats in 126. I was able to select from the map and could see all the available seats. $130 per ticket for lower level medium grey.

lintberg
Got my tickets in Sec 110 - $110 per ticket

Scotiarae
Got my Sec 116 for $80. The invoice was there when I woke up this morning.

whositwhatnow
kijiji resellers already online asking up to 1500 a ticeket gsus

tfcfans
12-01-2017, 10:14 AM
Any updates on upper light grey pricing on the west side?

Nuvinho
12-01-2017, 10:17 AM
I was able to get my actual seats in Section 108 - cost was $150 each.

Initial B
12-01-2017, 10:17 AM
Guys, I'm going to try and come down from Ottawa with my son. When do tickets for non-supporters/non-SSHs go on sale, and what is the best method to purchase them?

Derko
12-01-2017, 10:19 AM
Got my tickets in Sec 110 - $110 per ticket

Me too, and my 3rd seat in lower 110 was $130 and I could use the blue dot to get a specific seat.

Still Kicking
12-01-2017, 10:20 AM
Any updates on upper light grey pricing on the west side?
$110

tfcfans
12-01-2017, 10:23 AM
$110

Thanks!

pdogg
12-01-2017, 10:25 AM
110 Upper (Supporters) - $110

Still Kicking
12-01-2017, 10:26 AM
Ticketmaster did not let me in early.
Perhaps throwing this onto Twitter yesterday shifted the soccer gods my way...

" I will forever claim that last year's MLS Cup forced seat move, Kennedys from 220 - our 11 year home away from home - to 224 was the cause of defeat and the root of all evil"

Happy to report that Ticketmaster gave me section 220, row 3 seats 11 and 12, the two seats over from our season seats.

Evil vanquished.

TFC victory "in the bag"

andyc
12-01-2017, 10:28 AM
111 is $110. Got my 4...

FootBallAZ
I am a year 1 ticket holder and have a 10am slot. Last year I was able to get my normal seats in 126. Hopefully I can get something similar this time around.

may i ask what section you have? im one year also and have a 4pm time- how does this make any sense.

annie
I was the 10am window to get tickets - my seasons seats are in 107. I managed to get tickets in 107 a few rows in front of where I normally sit. Mine were $170 each for a total of $340. Will still miss the other seasons seat holders around us - many of them have later windows and will likely not get our section:( but as this thread indicates "it's a league event".
It was reasonably quick. The 15 areas you can select from seem largely to be done by colour (ie red/light red, grey etc) or the temporary stands and show the section numbers.

FootBallAZ
12-01-2017, 10:29 AM
Ticketmaster did not let me in early.
Perhaps throwing this onto Twitter yesterday shifted the soccer gods my way...

" I will forever claim that last year's MLS Cup forced seat move, Kennedys from 220 - our 11 year home away from home - to 224 was the cause of defeat and the root of all evil"

Happy to report that Ticketmaster gave me section 220, row 3 seats 11 and 12, the two seats over from our season seats.

Evil vanquished.

TFC victory "in the bag"

really? wow that is awesome

dal524
12-01-2017, 10:29 AM
did anyone try their 12pm password now to see if it may work. curious

Fernandinho
12-01-2017, 10:30 AM
Got mine in section 111. $110 per ticket

denime
12-01-2017, 10:30 AM
really? wow that is awesome

it doesn't work for additional tickets,tried already

FootBallAZ
12-01-2017, 10:34 AM
this is killing me looking at the tickets go,
im kinda upset that i dont have an earlier time slot than 4pm, ive spent so much above and beyond my season tickets.
lol cant believe 10 am for 1 year ticket holders is an option and i dont have it

g luck to the rest

UpTheReds
12-01-2017, 10:35 AM
So the seat map is working. Someone took my seats but I got 3 directly behind mine 3 rows back.

annie
12-01-2017, 10:35 AM
may i ask what section you have? im one year also and have a 4pm time- how does this make any sense.

I think if you've moved seats, changed the name on the account or anything similar then that's what they look at from a tenure perspective.
I've been a seasonseatholder since day 1 but they show me as a season seat holder since year 2 because I moved seats (4 over from where we were sitting in year 1).

turnbr
12-01-2017, 10:37 AM
I became a SSH in year 3 and have a 12:00pm time slot.
I can't understand why so many sections can't get their own seats for the match. I know that the league grabs X number of seats for themselves, media get Y amount, opposing squad gets Z amount, and so on. But why not use only 1, 2 or 3 full sections to satisfy the extra need, and leave the majority of it status quo ?
Yes, it would suck to be in those few sections, but at least the majority would be left alone.
I have been in 105 for a few years now, and that section has been taken over for GSL holders. I know I wont be getting my seats at noon.

kodiakTFC
12-01-2017, 10:37 AM
I wasn't given an option. Logged in, asked me to renew my 7 seats in 112 and that was it. $80/each.

turnbr
12-01-2017, 10:38 AM
I did try it - and it doesn't work :(

did anyone try their 12pm password now to see if it may work. curious

Red CB Toronto
12-01-2017, 10:40 AM
I can't understand why so many sections can't get their own seats for the match. I know that the league grabs X number of seats for themselves, media get Y amount, opposing squad gets Z amount, and so on. But why not use only 1, 2 or 3 full sections to satisfy the extra need, and leave the majority of it status quo ?
Yes, it would suck to be in those few sections, but at least the majority would be left alone.
I have been in 105 for a few years now, and that section has been taken over for GSL holders. I know I wont be getting my seats at noon.

The League takes 6,000 seats for their needs.

69Chevy396
12-01-2017, 10:42 AM
I did try it - and it doesn't work :(
My 4pm timeslot didnt work.

magmadragon
12-01-2017, 10:42 AM
The map worked briefly for me then I had to go row by row, section by section.

This is the official price breakdown if any of you are curious (not what SSH pay):

Fieldside Seating
CA $240.00 - CA $370.00

Sections 107, 108, 122, 123, 124
CA $180.00 - CA $250.00

Sections 222, 223, 224
CA $150.00 - CA $190.00

Section 207
CA $130.00 - CA $190.00

Sections 106, 109, 121, 125
CA $180.00

Sections 105, 110, 120, 126
CA $130.00 - CA $150.00

North Grandstands
CA $105.00 - CA $150.00

Sections 206, 208
CA $130.00 - CA $150.00

Sections 203, 204, 205, 209, 210, 211
CA $130.00 - CA $150.00

Sections 221, 225
CA $130.00

Sections 219, 220, 226, 227
CA $130.00

**SUPPORTER SECTION - PERSISTENT STANDING PERMITTED**
CA $100.00 - CA $130.00

Sections 104, 111, 119, 127
CA $130.00

General Admission - No Specified Section
CA $90.00
Additional fees are applied at Checkout. Prices subject to change.

__wowza
12-01-2017, 10:53 AM
for anyone looking for general ticket into - the date they're going on sale is TBD.

the woman i spoke with over the phone sounded frazzled about the amount of information she got. she couldn't answer any of my questions about presale being issued to the all for one subscription service last year, the app this year, etc.
if anyone thought lost year was rough for people looking to pick up a few outside of SS, this year seems like it's gotten a lot worse.. "limited demand" and what not.

ryan
12-01-2017, 10:59 AM

The League takes 6,000 seats for their needs.

Away alottment is like 2,000-2,500 I think?

MLSE will take likely 1,000 for themselves, maybe more.

Initial B
12-01-2017, 11:05 AM
for anyone looking for general ticket into - the date they're going on sale is TBD.

the woman i spoke with over the phone sounded frazzled about the amount of information she got. she couldn't answer any of my questions about presale being issued to the all for one subscription service last year, the app this year, etc.
if anyone thought lost year was rough for people looking to pick up a few outside of SS, this year seems like it's gotten a lot worse.. "limited demand" and what not.
Argh. So what are the chances of my son and I (out of town from Ottawa) snagging a pair of tickets? What hoops/queues will we have to jump through?

__wowza
12-01-2017, 11:09 AM
Argh. So what are the chances of my son and I (out of town from Ottawa) snagging a pair of tickets? What hoops/queues will we have to jump through?

i could be wrong, give fan services a call yourself and see if you get a different answer.. but i asked for clarification and said "so general sale.. as in.. on sale to the public isn't monday it's on a date that's to be determined?" and she said yes.

she also sounded like she was having a panic attack and that they didn't give her a lot of information. she told me to download the app for updates but the app is a piece of shit that doesn't give ticketing info and forwards you to ticketmaster lol.

benito
12-01-2017, 11:14 AM
I think if you've moved seats, changed the name on the account or anything similar then that's what they look at from a tenure perspective.
I've been a seasonseatholder since day 1 but they show me as a season seat holder since year 2 because I moved seats (4 over from where we were sitting in year 1).

I don't think moving seats changes the tenure. A friend of mine has tickets from year 1 and has moved further down several rows a couple of times. He had 10 am presale.

Also, TM doesn't allow for any single tickets to be left for the game. There is a single seat besides my friends tickets and he was unable to buy his normal 2 seats and TM was forcing him to buy 3. He chose other seats in the same section instead.

flatpicker
12-01-2017, 11:15 AM
I don't think moving seats changes the tenure. A friend of mine has tickets from year 1 and has moved further down several rows a couple of times. He had 10 am presale.

Same for me.

KevinOHH
12-01-2017, 11:16 AM
i could be wrong, give fan services a call yourself and see if you get a different answer.. but i asked for clarification and said "so general sale.. as in.. on sale to the public isn't monday it's on a date that's to be determined?" and she said yes.

she also sounded like she was having a panic attack and that they didn't give her a lot of information. she told me to download the app for updates but the app is a piece of shit that doesn't give ticketing info and forwards you to ticketmaster lol.

It's pretty frustrating too hear that she wasn't given much information or just didn't know much about the whole situation. Considering MLSE went through this process last year, you'd figure they learned and this would be much smoother, but it seems like it has gotten even worse. My slot is at 2pm and I'm just hoping to get someone in the vicinity of my SSH seats in section 107.

charlieocc
12-01-2017, 11:17 AM
General Admission tickets (face $90 I think?) going for over US$300 on Stubhub. Absolutely god damn criminal.

charlieocc
12-01-2017, 11:18 AM
General Admission tickets (face $90 I think?) going for over US$300 on Stubhub. Absolutely god damn criminal.

And seats IN THE SUPPORTERS' SECTION going on TicketsNow (Ticketmaster's own resale site) FOR OVER $1000 ARE YOU SERIOUS

__wowza
12-01-2017, 11:21 AM
And seats IN THE SUPPORTERS' SECTION going on TicketsNow (Ticketmaster's own resale site) FOR OVER $1000 ARE YOU SERIOUS

"uhmmm.. there's a drum in my seat.."

It's pretty frustrating too hear that she wasn't given much information or just didn't know much about the whole situation. Considering MLSE went through this process last year, you'd figure they learned and this would be much smoother.

"limited availability" seems to be the catchphrase this year. might be the justification for the price increase/ticket snafu.. sounds like we're gonna be hearing it a lot.

Initial B
12-01-2017, 11:22 AM

Would the fan services number be 416-360-4625? It's the only number I could really find in the tickets section on the TFC website.

leafsman
12-01-2017, 11:23 AM
Figured a scalper has tickets in my row in 113 as it seems to be different people every game. They are on stub hub now for 475

__wowza
12-01-2017, 11:27 AM
Would the fan services number be 416-360-4625? It's the only number I could really find in the tickets section on the TFC website.

i just googled TFC fan services and called the number that came up on their website.

Canary10
12-01-2017, 11:31 AM
Half an hour to go. I'm entering into single minded ticket purchasing mode now.

Auzzy
12-01-2017, 11:31 AM
Got my regular seat Sec 209, Row 3. $130. Can't complain about this price.

I got my normal seats in 126. I was able to select from the map and could see all the available seats. $130 per ticket for lower level light grey.

How the heck did you guys manage to get your own seats (outside of the south end supporters sections)?! Wow!

__wowza
12-01-2017, 11:34 AM

416-815-5982 hit 4 for general inquires.

just called back, was told "there might not even a public onsale due to extremely limited supply.." and was given a different time for monday (i was told TDB last time, now i was told 2).

just called back.. again.. was told TBD, monday is for additional tickets to SSH, limited supply, might not be available to the public (ie: scalpers grabbing more ticket blocks), check back monday at 12.

3 separate people, 3 separate answers. oh boy, this is a mess. stubhubs lookin real good right about now just for the piece of mind.

charlieocc
12-01-2017, 11:37 AM
just called back, was told "there might not even a public onsale due to extremely limited supply.."

:drinking:

Canary10
12-01-2017, 11:38 AM
I wouldn't assume much of a public sale. There are quite a few less seats available this year than last due to the Grey Cup seat addition. I'm sure they can sell out through members if they want. Only question is if they intentionally hold back seats for a public sale.

denime
12-01-2017, 11:40 AM
I wouldn't assume much of a public sale. There are quite a few less seats this yeah than last. I'm sure they can sell out through members if they want. Only question is if they intentionally hold back seats for a public sale.

Around 7000 seats less then last year,this is why I would not be surprised if they hold back some seats for a public sale.

Red CB Toronto
12-01-2017, 11:44 AM
Away section seats are $99 and from looking at it on the ESC website that most likely is in US dollars. Also they said the pushed hard to keep the section at double digit pricing.

benito
12-01-2017, 11:45 AM
How the heck did you guys manage to get your own seats (outside of the south end supporters sections)?! Wow!

There was an option to select from the interactive map when I entered the presale code.

kodiakTFC
12-01-2017, 11:46 AM
Around 7000 seats less then last year,this is why I would not be surprised if they hold back some seats for a public sale.

Just under 6000 but the sentiment remains. A lot less seats.

ryan
12-01-2017, 11:48 AM
don't they have to hold back some by law? like 1,000?

ryan
12-01-2017, 11:52 AM
3 separate people, 3 separate answers. oh boy, this is a mess. stubhubs lookin real good right about now just for the piece of mind.

MLS isn't the most organized of pro leagues I can tell you that much. Lots of off the cuff and last minute stuff for this event last year, can't see the next 9 days being much different.

zorsofstesab
12-01-2017, 12:03 PM
My time slot was 10am. I was looking for my same 4 saets in section 105 (light greys). Without divulging the row I kept hitting "try again" to get my row without any luck. I did not want to get left out so I HAD to get tickets 2 rows ahead of my normal row. Sorry for those who were sitting in that row/seat but I had no other option and I was not going to take any chances.

EDIT - sorry I forgot to mention I did NOT see any option for "blue dots" as some have said. I was in a but of a panic though and may have missed it. The email from TFC did say that the blue dot option was not available.

dal524
12-01-2017, 12:04 PM
uh nothing is coming up at 12 wtf!

Canary10
12-01-2017, 12:07 PM
I keep getting an error with search. Is anyone else?

130hp
12-01-2017, 12:07 PM
Same thing!

TFC07
12-01-2017, 12:09 PM
I keep getting an error !

benito

Keep trying. My 10am code didn't initially work and took several minutes before i was able to get through.

Canary10
What the fuck

turnbr
Same here. Code is not valid. And now, the page wont load.
Major F up..............again

ryan
12-01-2017, 12:11 PM
Just keep trying and trying, I'm sure it's the usual TM shit.

Canary10
12-01-2017, 12:11 PM
My code works but get an error message when I search for tickets

Red4ever
12-01-2017, 12:12 PM
new browsers. Use em all

keep trying

benito
12-01-2017, 12:12 PM

That happened to both my friend and I. Eventually it worked.

BritSOL
12-01-2017, 12:13 PM

I had this error with firefox and changed to chrome.

Initial B
12-01-2017, 12:14 PM
I just got off the phone to Daniel at Fan Support and he was really helpful. He said that General Public tickets will go on sale Monday 2pm and that if you order through Stub Hub, that's based on speculation that those seats will be available so anyone who purchases that way may be out of luck if the seats aren't available. I'll have my speed dial ready on Monday afternoon. Wish me luck...

dal524
12-01-2017, 12:14 PM
every ticket says no available....

Derko
12-01-2017, 12:15 PM
There was an option to select from the interactive map when I entered the presale code.

Me too, got lucky I guess, maybe Ticketmaster thought we were bots, Scalpers seem to be able to get their choice

Canary10
12-01-2017, 12:18 PM
I had this error with firefox and changed to chrome.

Funny I was using Chrome and tried switching to Microsoft Edge and it worked

__wowza
12-01-2017, 12:19 PM
I just got off the phone to Daniel at Fan Support and he was really helpful. He said that General Public tickets will go on sale Monday 2pm and that if you order through Stub Hub, that's based on speculation that those seats will be available so anyone who purchases that way may be out of luck if the seats aren't available. I'll have my speed dial ready on Monday afternoon. Wish me luck...

good to hear, best of luck bud!

Canary10
12-01-2017, 12:19 PM
I had no map option but got tickets twp rows behind and a few over from my regular seats.

tfcja
12-01-2017, 12:23 PM
Got the error message at first using the new link emailed to us this morning. It was supposed to allow us to pick our seats from the interactive map but that didn't work for me. Even when I got beyond the error message, I did not get choice of seats just price point with that link. I tried the older link from yesterdays email and that allowed me to purchase seats from specific rows (just keep scrolling down the list until you find what you want) but not the seat number. I ended up getting seats that are 4 away from my season seats. I'm hoping that I'll still be close to my usual group!

fergiejr
12-01-2017, 12:36 PM
Got the error message at first using the new link emailed to us this morning. It was supposed to allow us to pick our seats from the interactive map but that didn't work for me. Even when I got beyond the error message, I did not get choice of seats just price point with that link. I tried the older link from yesterdays email and that allowed me to purchase seats from specific rows (just keep scrolling down the list until you find what you want) but not the seat number. I ended up getting seats that are 4 away from my season seats. I'm hoping that I'll still be close to my usual group!

I got seats in my row but at the other end doing the same thing. Keep scrolling!! :-)

130hp
12-01-2017, 12:43 PM
None of the TM links work for me. Tried 3 different browsers. Password works but tickets are always unavailable? Anyone in the same boat?

TFC Tifoso
12-01-2017, 12:48 PM
I too was getting "Sorry there was an error with your search" so I called TFC Office and the girl I spoke to told me a few things....
1) This can absolutely not be done by phone....TFC has no inventory as of now
2) If you are getting the error message, it may be because you have multiple browsers/tabs open (I did have a few tabs opened....closed everything and went back in and did not get the error again)
3) Do not try to search too many times looking for "ideal" tickets....TM may think your a bot an boot your IP (this has actually happened to me a couple of times with concerts), and you will not be able to get back in from that computer for around 48 hrs.

Did not get tickets in my usual section, but I'm in the building.....best that can happen under the circumstances, I guess.
Good luck everyone!

SuperTCP
12-01-2017, 12:48 PM
First link was working for me, until they sent new link which does not allow to select section & row. :(
I just chose the 6 seats they picked for me and when I went to pay said I exceeded limit - but I have 6 season tickets - wtf?
When I tried again I get "Sorry, there was an error with search.Try again later.
"

Fuck I hate ticketmaster

Canary10
12-01-2017, 12:53 PM
*** For anyone checking the thread, use the link in yesterday's email. Looks like you have a better chance of getting the map view to select your actual seat.

If getting the error message when you search, try switching browsers or closing other tabs you may have open***

SuperTCP
12-01-2017, 01:03 PM
I too was getting "Sorry there was an error with your search" so I called TFC Office and the girl I spoke to told me a few things....
2) If you are getting the error message, it may be because you have multiple browsers/tabs open (I did have a few tabs opened....closed everything and went back in and did not get the error again)
3) Do not try to search too many times looking for "ideal" tickets....TM may think your a bot an boot your IP (this has actually happened to me a couple of times with concerts), and you will not be able to get back in from that computer for around 48 hrs.

Did not get tickets in my usual section, but I'm in the building.....best that can happen under the circumstances, I guess.
Good luck everyone!

Thanks for tip - I closed my browser, then tried again and even old link worked. I was able to select section I wanted, but had to purchase my 6 tickets separately 4 & 2.

TFC Tifoso
12-01-2017, 01:08 PM
Thanks for tip - I closed my browser, then tried again and even old link worked. I was able to select section I wanted, but had to purchase my 6 tickets separately 4 & 2.

no prob dude!.....good to hear you got tix....I was reluctant to try myself because I didn't know if the code would work again, but I guess you have to actually purchase the tix for the code to be considered "used".

Can't wait for the 9th!!

130hp
12-01-2017, 01:12 PM
Thanks for the suggestions. It finally worked.

Good luck everyone!

annie
12-01-2017, 01:18 PM

Also, TM doesn't allow for any single tickets to be left for the game. There is a single seat besides my friends tickets and he was unable to buy his normal 2 seats and TM was forcing him to buy 3. He chose other seats in the same section instead.

It does change the tenure but it depends on the situation. It didn't matter for me as year 1 and year 2 season seat holders both got the 10am time slot. The brothers who have the season seats behind us have also been season seat holders since year 1 but they only moved to our section 2 years ago and they have the 4pm time slot. From what their account rep told them it doesn't affect tenure if you stay within your "colour" ie dark grey but if you move to a different price point you're restarting the tenure clock.

whositwhatnow
12-01-2017, 01:19 PM
man sounds like a cluster f*&&^$ today. just got back from lunch catching up.

TFC Tifoso
12-01-2017, 01:28 PM
no prob 130hp.....

cmonyoureds
12-01-2017, 01:31 PM
Wonder if the Front Office will be keeping some back for the inevitable "Purchase a season seat for next year and we can find you a seat for the finals" promotion they ran last year....

pprzerac
12-01-2017, 01:44 PM
Wonder if the Front Office will be keeping some back for the inevitable "Purchase a season seat for next year and we can find you a seat for the finals" promotion they ran last year....

They have already sent out emails with just that. I can't really blame them for trying to sell more membership

SuperTCP
12-01-2017, 01:46 PM
no prob dude!.....good to hear you got tix....I was reluctant to try myself because I didn't know if the code would work again, but I guess you have to actually purchase the tix for the code to be considered "used".

Can't wait for the 9th!!

Did you use the code for your full amount of season tickets? If not let me know. I am in need of additional.

Blindside16
12-01-2017, 01:47 PM
I had a 10am slot. The map didn't work for me but I managed to get the same section but 8 rows back from my usual. I've said it repeatedly, I am a little upset I won't be with my section mates, but at the end of the day I just want to be there.

GabrielHurl
12-01-2017, 01:55 PM

I got that email yesterday

https://i.imgur.com/tvha5kf.jpg

redcard
12-01-2017, 01:56 PM
This doesn't seem correct. I'm an SSH and paid $130 each for my tickets in 120.

The map worked briefly for me then I had to go row by row, section by section.

This is the official price breakdown if any of you are curious (not what SSH pay):

Fieldside Seating
CA $240.00 - CA $370.00

Sections 107, 108, 122, 123, 124
CA $180.00 - CA $250.00

Sections 222, 223, 224
CA $150.00 - CA $190.00

Section 207
CA $130.00 - CA $190.00

Sections 106, 109, 121, 125
CA $180.00

Sections 105, 110, 120, 126
CA $130.00 - CA $150.00

North Grandstands
CA $105.00 - CA $150.00

Sections 206, 208
CA $130.00 - CA $150.00

Sections 203, 204, 205, 209, 210, 211
CA $130.00 - CA $150.00

Sections 221, 225
CA $130.00

Sections 219, 220, 226, 227
CA $130.00

**SUPPORTER SECTION - PERSISTENT STANDING PERMITTED**
CA $100.00 - CA $130.00

Sections 104, 111, 119, 127
CA $130.00

General Admission - No Specified Section
CA $90.00
Additional fees are applied at Checkout. Prices subject to change.

Red CB Toronto
12-01-2017, 02:00 PM

That is face value pricing, which seems to me to be about $20 above the season seat holder price.

zorsofstesab
12-01-2017, 02:01 PM

Depending on tenure the prices fluctuate. I can tell you that I did not pay $130.00 for section 105 but paid $110.00. I am a year one season ticket holder if that helps...

EDIT - light greys in section 105.

OgtheDim
12-01-2017, 02:05 PM
No tickets left?!?!?!?!

OK, after the panic.........got a better seat then my normal one. In with the prawn sandwiches who have seats that move up and down.

$130.

:)

Red CB Toronto
12-01-2017, 02:06 PM
Depending on tenure the prices fluctuate. I can tell you that I did not pay $130.00 for section 105 but paid $110.00. I am a year one season ticket holder if that helps...

Southend is $80 for SSH, face is $100
Light grey is $110 for SSH, face is $130.

For the record 105 is two price points, medium and light grey.

benito
12-01-2017, 02:08 PM

Section 105 has two pricing sections. Both light grey and medium grey. I am a year 1 ticket holder and paid $130 for lower level medium grey (sec 126).

GerMc
12-01-2017, 02:12 PM
Got my 3 seats in the 2 pm slot. One section over (108 vs 109), and a few rows up. Sad not to be sitting with my fellow SSHers but seats are comparable. And will be cheering on our Reds to victory!!!!

Strait shooter
12-01-2017, 02:12 PM
I am continually told my code doesn’t work😕. Update: Finally accepted my code. Now to try for four more on Monday 👍🏻

wopchop
12-01-2017, 02:15 PM
I am continually told my code doesn’t work😕
Mine is also not working. What the fuck!

TFC Tifoso
12-01-2017, 02:15 PM
Did you use the code for your full amount of season tickets? If not let me know. I am in need of additional.

ya I did....I only have a pair....

GerMc
12-01-2017, 02:16 PM
Mine is also not working. What the fuck!

Close the browser and then go in to ticketmaster.ca and search for MLS Cup. That is what I did after it didn't work...then it worked!

benito
12-01-2017, 02:18 PM
Close the browser and then go in to ticketmaster.ca and search for MLS Cup. That is what I did after it didn't work...then it worked!

Also try using the link from yesterday's email too.

theaub
12-01-2017, 02:19 PM
I had to buy on my phone.

Far worse system than last year IMO (but I ended up dead centre in 223 somehow)

JT Red127
12-01-2017, 02:21 PM
they sent us two links,if you are in supporters section,it is 10am trough your account manager,otherwise it's noon.

Mine was 10am, not in the supporter section but had seasons since day 1 so had the early slot. Issue was using Chrome as a browser, had it happen before actually. Safari or Explorer worked fine, and oddly enough Chrome mobile browser on my phone actually brought up the seat map so I could select a specific section, just not specific seats. All good.

glaze
12-01-2017, 02:27 PM

The atmosphere last year was bad because it was -20, the tension was increased, and Seattle played a defensive style that wasn't very exciting.

At least we're being guaranteed seats.

It isn't ideal. But it's a league issue. Not MLSE. I imagine most of us would prefer this to a neutral site.

The only flaw was they should have for seen this and put in some extra temp seating. Rather than the VIP suites they erected.

FootBallAZ
12-01-2017, 02:35 PM
Section 105 has two pricing sections. Both light grey and medium grey. I am a year 1 ticket holder and paid $130 for lower level medium grey (sec 126).

im trying to understand how you got such an early time as a year ssh
you never had tfc tickets before?

benito
12-01-2017, 02:40 PM
im trying to understand how you got such an early time as a year ssh
you never had tfc tickets before?

Me? I have had season tickets since the first year of the club.

TFC Tifoso
12-01-2017, 02:53 PM
I just found it absolutely ridiculous that it seemed as though depending on what "method" you use to get to the page to buy or at what time you tried it, different pages would come up...that's not at all cool.....should've been the same for everyone all the time....
When I used the link in my email at my time, it brought me to a page where I could only select blocks of 4 sections at a certain price points, and it would give me random tickets in any one of those 4 sections (or I had to choose "Best Available").
I clicked on THE SAME link a few hours later (and after I had purchased my tickets), and I was taken to a page where I had the option to select Section and Row, just not seats.

That really sucks imo.....should've been one method, one page, for all.....
At first I was happy to just have tickets inside, but seeing this now, its really disappointing......

pdogg
12-01-2017, 02:54 PM
No tickets left?!?!?!?!

OK, after the panic.........got a better seat then my normal one. In with the prawn sandwiches who have seats that move up and down.

$130.

:)

Prawn seats for only $20 more than light greys? Hmmm.... decisions, decisions...

zorsofstesab
12-01-2017, 02:57 PM
I just found it absolutely ridiculous that it seemed as though depending on what "method" you use to get to the page to buy or at what time you tried it, different pages would come up...that's not at all cool.....should've been the same for everyone all the time....
When I used the link in my email at my time, it brought me to a page where I could only select blocks of 4 sections at a certain price points, and it would give me random tickets in any one of those 4 sections (or I had to choose "Best Available").
I clicked on THE SAME link a few hours later (and after I had purchased my tickets), and I was taken to a page where I had the option to select Section and Row, just not seats.

That really sucks imo.....should've been one method, one page, for all.....
At first I was happy to just have tickets inside, but seeing this now, its really disappointing......

Exactly the same thing happened for me...

FootBallAZ
12-01-2017, 03:01 PM
FYI. I was told that there are 10K tickets available as of 1.15 PM.
additional sale confirmed monday @ 2pm for members. new e-mail to follow

TFC Tifoso
12-01-2017, 03:03 PM
^^ it really sucks imo....I only tried out of curiosity because a work mate of mine had the 2pm slot, and called me up to go through it with him and when he tried his link (from yesterday's email just like I used) he got the second scenario I described....
I tried it when I got back to my desk and that's how it came up as well....

wopchop
12-01-2017, 03:35 PM
I had to use the link from yesterday and go through Internet Explorer for it to work. Finally did. Ended up in Sec 120.

Detroit_TFC
12-01-2017, 03:37 PM

I had to struggle with the TM site a bit to get access, but once I was in, it showed me the regular seat by seat map. I didn't expect to see that, per the message from the club.

samuraizero
12-01-2017, 03:39 PM
Im late to my presale, but im getting "there wasn error with searhc" over and over...

Canary10
12-01-2017, 03:39 PM
FYI. I was told that there are 10K tickets available as of 1.15 PM.
additional sale confirmed monday @ 2pm for members. new e-mail to follow

Lots of SSH will still be in the process of buying seats so that 10,000 will shrink considerably.

TFC Tifoso
12-01-2017, 03:44 PM
I had to struggle with the TM site a bit to get access, but once I was in, it showed me the regular seat by seat map. I didn't expect to see that, per the message from the club.

unbelievable......good on ya for getting the map but this was handled incredibly poorly by MLS/TFC.....

should've been interactive map for everyone, just like last year....who cares that it was slow....aside from some people not getting to select their regular seats, there were no other issues....at least you got to select seats yourself.....
this year it looks like people are getting 3-4 different methods to pick tickets depending on what TM feels like giving you at any given moment....

JT Red127
12-01-2017, 03:47 PM
unbelievable......good on ya for getting the map but this was handled incredibly poorly by MLS/TFC.....

should've been interactive map for everyone, just like last year....who cares that it was slow....aside from some people not getting to select their regular seats, there were no other issues....at least you got to select seats yourself.....
this year it looks like people are getting 3-4 different methods to pick tickets depending on what TM feels like giving you at any given moment....

I dont know, if you are going to blame anyone here blame Ticketmaster.

Red CB Toronto
12-01-2017, 03:48 PM
Now if this was us trying to get Super Bowl tickets it would be a completely different story.

Auzzy
12-01-2017, 03:50 PM
Yes, and if my grandmother had wheels, she'd be a wagon.

Detroit_TFC
12-01-2017, 03:50 PM
I was definitely using the link in the email, I don't think I got into TM a different way but who knows?

glaze
12-01-2017, 03:54 PM
Just to clarify, people could pick any seats? Like if you had the last row of 210, you could move to the first row of 110?
If so that's bs, if a scalper for example with a block of garbage tix ends up with a huge upgrade that are someone else's seats.
Id like to know if it was MLSE or the league that came up with this ticketing plan.
If it's MLSE it's really bad customer service.

catz4ever
12-01-2017, 03:57 PM
5 mins until my time keeping all fingers crossed please let the soccer gods smile my way, its been one long ass day

TFC Tifoso
12-01-2017, 03:58 PM
^^ whoever it was, its way worse that last year....

in binary terms, I'm happy than no, simply because I have tickets, but the fact that people are getting them by different methods sucks big time.....

SirBobSaget
12-01-2017, 04:06 PM
Not showing me any tickets for the 4pm group. This sucks

samuraizero
12-01-2017, 04:08 PM
well, after 2 hours of fighting, finally managed tob uy some tickets.
In an entirely different part of the stadium.

This years ticket purchase process was literally cancerous.

I do not feel good about this purchase, and it really sullied the whole experience as a SSH.

boban
12-01-2017, 04:08 PM
What a joke .. I am season ticket hold and wait to 4 only to find out its sold out .. what a joke
Why can't I get my own tickets?? I am a season ticket holder FFS!!!!!!!!!!!

Last year I got 4 tickets, this year I get not even my seasons. What a shitty way to sell tickets.

samuraizero
12-01-2017, 04:10 PM
What a joke .. I am season ticket hold and wait to 4 only to find out its sold out .. what a joke

Last year I got 4 tickets, this year I get not even my seasons. What a shitty way to sell tickets.

Shouldnt be sold out - are you getting an error? I had a hell of a time having it load tickets for me. Try to load in Chrome, in INCOGNITO mode.

Suds
Same as last year, all you're guaranteed is the number of seats you own in your account - not where you'll sit. Last year some thing happened, people who had nosebleed seats all year all of a sudden could buy lower stand if they were earlier in the process.

Friend of mine has 8 season seats in 2nd highest price bracket. Today he ended up some 20+ rows in the upper stand ... and yes, he's pissed.

Just to clarify, people could pick any seats? Like if you had the last row of 210, you could move to the first row of 110?
If so that's bs, if a scalper for example with a block of garbage tix ends up with a huge upgrade that are someone else's seats.
Id like to know if it was MLSE or the league that came up with this ticketing plan.
If it's MLSE it's really bad customer service.

SirBobSaget

Access the event through searching on TM. Don't use the link, and use MS Edge

westside8
12-01-2017, 04:12 PM

Refresh and try again - took their system a few mins to release their 4pm batch it looks like.

Toronto Ruffrider
12-01-2017, 04:13 PM

Same here. I tried reaching my account manager, but I got his voicemail.

boban
12-01-2017, 04:14 PM
Shouldnt be sold out - are you getting an error? I had a hell of a time having it load tickets for me. Try to load in Chrome, in INCOGNITO mode.

You are right, by chance I went back in and noticed some tickets .. got a pair.
But nonetheless the process was way worse than last year.

I like how last round was done. Get your own tickets and then a presale for leftovers.

samuraizero
12-01-2017, 04:15 PM
Same here. I tried reaching my account manager, but I got his voicemail.

They cant do anything for you anyways. keep trying - chrome + incognito seems to help.

TFC Tifoso
12-01-2017, 04:17 PM
You are right, by chance I went back in and noticed some tickets .. got a pair.
But nonetheless the process was way worse than last year.

I like how last round was done. Get your own tickets and then a presale for leftovers.

that's the ideal way, but totally impossible to do because MLS has to comp sponsors for the final.
should've just been interactive map like last year....select the seats you want on the map, and away you go......

69Chevy396
12-01-2017, 04:18 PM
Managed to grab a seat in 205 right behind my regular seat. $130. They better win, this time.��

SirBobSaget
12-01-2017, 04:18 PM
Refresh and try again - took their system a few mins to release their 4pm batch it looks like.

All day i had a window open that showed me what section and rows were available in a box on the right. Then at 4pm the option to access the 4pm window became available so entered code and was accepted. But all my choices in the right pane remained locked, my code would not work to unlock them because it seems they are still reserved for the earlier windows. These were much better sections then what was offered to me (121 row 10 vs 221 row 18).

So apparently earlier windows get all the best seats allocated. Like someone said earlier a scalper with a bunch of cheap tickets since year 1 will be able to jump in today and upgrade to premium sections to make a killer profit.

catz4ever
12-01-2017, 04:19 PM
Got my tickets!!!!! Not my seats, but close enough so excited!!!!!

Couchy81
12-01-2017, 04:20 PM
I've been following this thread all day and tried the trick with the different email links and browsers - Winning combination for me was using Chrome with the 2nd email called UPDATE: MLS Cup Presale Link from 11am today , I was able to use the drop down menu and choose sections. Ended up completely diagonally across the other end of the stadium, not my first choice but at least I'm in. Got em in 126 really hope I got some scalpers tickets and not a supporter.

westside8
12-01-2017, 04:20 PM
All day i had a window open that showed me what section and rows were available in a box on the right. Then at 4pm the option to access the 4pm window became available so entered code and was accepted. But all my choices in the right pane remained locked, my code would not work to unlock them because it seems they are still reserved for the earlier windows. These were much better sections then what was offered to me (121 row 10 vs 221 row 18).

So apparently earlier windows get all the best seats allocated. Like someone said earlier a scalper with a bunch of cheap tickets since year 1 will be able to jump in today and upgrade to premium sections to make a killer profit.

Yep - seems like they had different inventory for different sections. I was seeing the same thing you were as I was part of the 4pm group myself as once I entered my code, I was not seeing anything available to me but a different browser window showed locked tickets to level 100s

catz4ever
12-01-2017, 04:28 PM
I've been following this thread all day and tried the trick with the different email links and browsers - Winning combination for me was using Chrome with the 2nd email called UPDATE: MLS Cup Presale Link from 11am today , I was able to use the drop down menu and choose sections. Ended up completely diagonally across the other end of the stadium, not my first choice but at least I'm in. Got em in 126 really hope I got some scalpers tickets and not a supporter.

You probably just got them before me. I was wanting 126 and got 105.

boban
12-01-2017, 04:29 PM
that's the ideal way, but totally impossible to do because MLS has to comp sponsors for the final.
should've just been interactive map like last year....select the seats you want on the map, and away you go......

Then take that section or two for sponsors and notify those SSH and give them a window for 1st dibs.
I see no rational to make 26,000 move instead 3-5,000.

G55
12-01-2017, 04:29 PM
I had better luck using my phone....I couldn't get any seats on chrome, it would just say seats are unavailable or someone beat me to them. Tried on my phone got some options I didn't like so I would try again, finally got section 209 row 8 which I was content with then everything went smoothly.
I was also in the 4:00 time slot and there were a bunch of seats unavailable that were there minutes earlier.

Toronto Ruffrider
12-01-2017, 04:41 PM
Chrome was useless. I used Firefox on an iMac, and that seemed to do the trick. I got seats in Section 225, Row 20.

JayMolly
12-01-2017, 04:59 PM
5 mins until my time keeping all fingers crossed please let the soccer gods smile my way, its been one long ass day

We didn't get in until after our appointed time?
But - we have tix for the MLS Cup Final!
That's all that matters right now.
This has been a long and stressful day . . .

Couchy81
12-01-2017, 05:09 PM
You probably just got them before me. I was wanting 126 and got 105.

I tried refreshing a few times for tickets in that dropdown it kept giving me 126 row 18s and row 16s.
Come squeeze in with us I don't mind. :D

Cuchulain
12-01-2017, 06:18 PM
Got my own seats. Was given an email with 72 hour window to secure them.

RichieRich
12-01-2017, 06:52 PM
Things didn't exactly work out the way it was described in the email... but got my tix anyway.

- Clicked on link at 10am, refreshed a few times, message saying "Tickets sold out, next opportunity at 12pm". Panic starts to weigh in.
- Refreshed a couple more times and tickets available. Entered code and was able to select seats. My section 225 had everything available and although I could have moved up several rows I took my own seats. Which I like.

raff
12-01-2017, 07:42 PM
I got my seats two rows back from my seasons. I hasd a 12pm slot. Happy about what i got but very pissed off about the process.

For 20 minutes i tried the best available with the link that tfc sent right before the window ipened and could not get any seats at all!

So the. I had to start getting creative searching for the earlier links i had been sent and using them etc. Eventually i was able to get seats.

This is total bs. There ahould be one method of access. We should be told what that is. It should work.

Forcing people to guess which links work, which browsers work, and whether you can have more than one tab open is crazy. Some people could select individual seats, some could pick best available by area, some could pick best available by acrolling down a long list, some could not select at all.

Its a non transparent process - that is bogus and it helps the professional scalpers immensley. I am sure they already knew exactly what to do.

I do not think what i am asking for is too much. I want a fair transparent process that treats everyone the same and which does not require hacker skills or luck to master.

Canary10
12-01-2017, 08:51 PM
I got my seats two rows back from my seasons. I hasd a 12pm slot. Happy about what i got but very pissed off about the process.

For 20 minutes i tried the best available with the link that tfc sent right before the window ipened and could not get any seats at all!

So the. I had to start getting creative searching for the earlier links i had been sent and using them etc. Eventually i was able to get seats.

This is total bs. There ahould be one method of access. We should be told what that is. It should work.

Forcing people to guess which links work, which browsers work, and whether you can have more than one tab open is crazy. Some people could select individual seats, some could pick best available by area, some could pick best available by acrolling down a long list, some could not select at all.

Its a non transparent process - that is bogus and it helps the professional scalpers immensley. I am sure they already knew exactly what to do.

I do not think what i am asking for is too much. I want a fair transparent process that treats everyone the same and which does not require hacker skills or luck to master.

Well said. A fair, transparent process shouldn't be that much to ask.

paul-collins
12-01-2017, 10:08 PM
The ticketmaster app wouldn't work on my phone for the 2pm selection - the window for the code would be obscured by the keyboard! I ended up in 209 row 3 (regulars are 205) so I'm fine with the result.

I'm a bit surprised to see my specific seats on stubhub for $300 US. That's about 3x what I paid for the seats I got... Is that market?

Redcoe15
12-01-2017, 10:09 PM
Help!!! I need one ticket to this match! Please help me! Have i missed anything?!!

OgtheDim
12-01-2017, 10:12 PM
I used firefox so didnt have the problems others seemed to have.

I also knew I was never going to get my season seat as they seemed to have staked out the first 10 rows of 221.

To my mind, I'm then dipping a ladle into the big pot all of us SSH not in the South had to grab a bowl from. If people are lucky enough to get their SS, all power to them. Most of us won't. So we are all, based on seniority, doing what we can to be there. In that situation, which the league creates, I'm not going to worry about who was sitting in that one seat two nights ago.

Even with the initial panic of "oh my gosh I'm locked out!", which sounded like a coding glitch where seat availability was set to start after the time when logging in was allowed, I actually thought the process was more transparent. Sections and seats was relatively easy to navigate if you looked at the map that conveniently stayed up on the left. I had lots of choice in that big pot and can't really complain about the choice or the price.

Others didn't experience that, obviously. But my own personal experience was actually better then last year.

OgtheDim
12-01-2017, 10:24 PM
...I'm a bit surprised to see my specific seats on stubhub for $300 US. That's about 3x what I paid for the seats I got... Is that market?

There are people selling seats on Stubhub in sections that don't exist this year. I wouldn't trust a single thing in there until next Tuesday.

UpTheReds
12-01-2017, 10:36 PM
The atmosphere last year was bad because it was -20, the tension was increased, and Seattle played a defensive style that wasn't very exciting.

At least we're being guaranteed seats.

It isn't ideal. But it's a league issue. Not MLSE. I imagine most of us would prefer this to a neutral site.

The only flaw was they should have for seen this and put in some extra temp seating. Rather than the VIP suites they erected.

Check stubhub mate. I hope the supporters section gets loud with all the day trippers. Couple that with stories of SSH that can’t get tickets. Either move the game to a neutral site or make it a home game for the SS winner with the club having control. Get off the pot MLS.

westside8
12-01-2017, 10:38 PM
Check stubhub mate. I hope the supporters section gets loud with all the day trippers. Couple that with stories of SSH that can’t get tickets. Either move the game to a neutral site or make it a home game for the SS winner with the club having control. Get off the pot MLS.

Unfortunately the bolded part won't happen as much as alot of ppl want it to - this is the standard across all North American professional leagues where the league/commissioner's office has control of tickets for playoffs

PAOK17
12-01-2017, 11:04 PM

I call bs on this whole claim of lack of atmosphere, because I was there. The atmosphere at last year's cup was amazing.
Let's not forget that the entire south end was left untouched. Let's not kid ourselves, but with the exception of a "TFC" chant, and some oooo's and aaaaah's, the majority of the atmosphere comes from the south end. This coming from someone who doesn't sit in a supporter's section.

However, I do agree that the whole thing is pretty disorganized. I blame Ticketmaster. You would think that the largest ticket distributor would be capable of handling large ticket demand without their website crashing, or encountering other errors. I mean, that's their service!

Red4ever
12-01-2017, 11:23 PM
There are people selling seats on Stubhub in sections that don't exist this year. I wouldn't trust a single thing in there until next Tuesday.

Not only dont exist this year but some of those never existed. 112 row 29? Never been there.

UpTheReds
12-02-2017, 12:31 AM
Unfortunately the bolded part won't happen as much as alot of ppl want it to - this is the standard across all North American professional leagues where the league/commissioner's office has control of tickets for playoffs I’m a Raptors season seat holder too. I pay for my playoff tickets right up to and including the NBA finals to sit in my own seats all playoffs long.

TerryTheTerror
12-02-2017, 04:24 AM
I live 3300 miles from Toronto (in Scotland) so there is no chance for me to attend. The way I see it, it would be amazing to simply be there for what will hopefully be a historic night. I'll have to make do with a late night in front of the TV and be thankful for the fact the kick off isn't the same time as the last match. :)

redcard
12-02-2017, 09:35 AM

EDIT - light greys in section 105.

Still doesn't seem correct. I am a day 1 SSH and the price in light grey was $130 for me, but my Supporters were $80.

I'll call the ticket rep and confirm whether I was charged face and not SSH price.

Auzzy
12-02-2017, 09:37 AM
Still doesn't seem correct. I am a day 1 SSH and the price in light grey was $130 for me, but my Supporters were $80.

I'll call the ticket rep and confirm whether I was charged face and not SSH price.

I think there are now two different light grey price points, ever since the big light grey price increase a few years ago. But it's definitely a good idea to check with your ticket rep.

Derko
12-02-2017, 10:11 AM

My 2 light grey in Section 110 upper supporters were $110 each, which were purchased through Account Manager, my 1 SSH ticket in lower 110 non supporter was $130 same row as my season seat but 5 seats away.
The process for me was actually quite painless and simple, I logged on at exactly 10:00am and could use the blue dot seat selector, maybe it was just amazingly
good luck and timing, but no complaints.

Red CB Toronto
12-02-2017, 10:36 AM
I think there are now two different light grey price points, ever since the big light grey price increase a few years ago. But it's definitely a good idea to check with your ticket rep.

Yeah light grey in the upper deck on the east side is a different price point I believe.

RedZebraTFC
12-02-2017, 11:43 AM
Got my tickets in the southend yesterday, $80 each. For those of you that do not sit in the south end and are season ticket holders, i feel for you guys and gals. This whole thing is a complete mess

ronimo
12-02-2017, 01:07 PM
If anyone doesn't want to use their SSH presale code on Monday I would be very grateful to take it off your hands and try my luck at getting to the cup again this year!!

tfcfans
12-02-2017, 01:17 PM
Anyone have any idea as to ticket limits for the member presale (it just says 4 ticket limit for general onsale on TM) and whether that is affected by your STH allotment....(I would assume not)....

MartinUtd
12-02-2017, 02:58 PM
Stubhub has entire rows of 30 seats up for sale. Shocking.

I tweeted MLS about it. Help me throw them a little shade

https://twitter.com/limeymartin/status/937047545729241088

OgtheDim
12-02-2017, 03:59 PM
Presale last year was sold out in 15 seconds.