PDA

View Full Version : Coach of the Year!

tfcfans
11-27-2017, 01:09 PM
Vanney is finally given the award he so richly deserves....now two more wins (please!) to cap off an incredible two year run.....

flatpicker
11-27-2017, 01:12 PM
Well deserved.
What a difference a couple of years can make!

Still Kicking
11-27-2017, 01:15 PM
Richly deserved. I was deep skeptic at the start, not much better when Montreal whomped TFC out of playoff in 2015, but the team has been carefully built...

Detroit_TFC
11-27-2017, 02:17 PM
That's a surprise! Not because Vanney didn't deserve it, but rather because it seemed TFC was generally getting overlooked in the honors this season.

kwhisperer
11-27-2017, 02:26 PM
Well-deserved! And it should serve as even further motivation for the players to to stay hungry and focused ... and win it all.

Initial B
11-27-2017, 03:46 PM
It's really interesting to look at how the votes broke out. It appears that players would love to play for Tata Martino and voted him first, but conversely the Clubs (who votes on behalf of the club?) all voted him last. I wonder if that has to do with their disapproval of his man management?

Richard
11-27-2017, 06:42 PM
Well deserved indeed.

I think he as the potential to make it in a European league. I could easily see him managing a team in the French League, Holland or a lower German team.

James17930
11-27-2017, 07:23 PM
It's really interesting to look at how the votes broke out. It appears that players would love to play for Tata Martino and voted him first, but conversely the Clubs (who votes on behalf of the club?) all voted him last. I wonder if that has to do with their disapproval of his man management?

Is he known for being too hard on players?

OgtheDim
11-27-2017, 07:47 PM
Martino ran his team into the ground.

ensco
11-27-2017, 09:02 PM
I was not a believer at first.

I think he is a great coach, and an equally fine person.

I am thrilled for Greg and his family.

Also Bez, who hired him.

InDa_110
11-27-2017, 09:39 PM
Well deserved indeed.

I think he as the potential to make it in a European league. I could easily see him managing a team in the French League, Holland or a lower German team.

Well, if Gattuso can become the coach of Milan, anything is possible if he adds an MLS Cup to his resume.

Very happy for him. Well deserved.

MightyDM
11-27-2017, 10:23 PM
I was not a believer at first.

I think he is a great coach, and an equally fine person.

I am thrilled for Greg and his family.

Also Bez, who hired him.

same. Absolutely well done. And Bez knew it, good for him.

Toronto Ruffrider
11-27-2017, 10:31 PM
Congrats to Vanney - the honour is well deserved.

11-29-2017, 09:32 AM
from Leiweke:

"I think it’s more difficult (to manage) when you have personalities and big-name players and big budgets and big expectations,” Leiweke told the Sun by phone ahead of Wednesday’s Eastern Conference final. “If you look at what everyone expected TFC to do, the most pressure was on Greg. You don’t fire Sebastian Giovinco.”
Leiweke added: “I’ll never be able to thank him enough for taking the chance he did on TFC.”

http://torontosun.com/sports/soccer/mls/toronto-fc/totally-unfair-ridiculous-ex-toronto-fc-head-honcho-tim-leiweke-backs-bradley-checks-in-with-sun-in-exclusive-chit-chat

cmonyoureds
11-29-2017, 09:35 AM
Awesome for Vanney.
Also, thank the heavens above the coaching carousel has stopped and we've had some consistency for a couple of years.
May it continue long into the future.

Fort York Redcoat
11-29-2017, 04:28 PM
Of all the coaches we had.

Congrats to Vanney for being the real deal.

benito
11-29-2017, 11:19 PM
Congrats to Greg! He's made the right decisions all year and hopefully it continues in the finals!