PDA

View Full Version : Eastern Final Second Leg - Columbus @ TFC Wed Nov 29 7:30pm - We can Beat Them

Pages : [1] 2

OgtheDim
11-21-2017, 10:44 PM
Just for One Day

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xTWrdxy2uCE

Have At It People

SoccMan2
11-21-2017, 10:55 PM
Strange that tickets are still available on ticketmaster for this one .

Red CB Toronto
11-21-2017, 11:01 PM
Just for One Day

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xTWrdxy2uCE

Have At It People

This is the version I would have gone with ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LsvuipGq2ns

ManUtd4ever
11-21-2017, 11:19 PM
We've been held scoreless two matches in a row for the first time in a very long while. Hopefully the offense will get back on track in the second leg.

ensco
11-21-2017, 11:26 PM
They will bunker and play for penalties. Guaranteed.

BelfastBoy
11-21-2017, 11:44 PM
Jozy will get stuck in. Seba will score from the set piece.

BelfastBoy
11-21-2017, 11:50 PM
Strange that tickets are still available on ticketmaster for this one .

What like a single in the temp stands??

DinamoTFC
11-21-2017, 11:57 PM
Artur of Columbus will miss next match due to his yellow on Bradley today.

Red CB Toronto
11-21-2017, 11:58 PM
To simply put, next Wednesday is the Reds to loose.

Hamilton_Red
11-22-2017, 12:21 AM
Two home games for the MLS Cup. We are exactly where we need to be. Seba has to prove that he is the guy for the biggest games.

Red4ever
11-22-2017, 07:56 AM
If we cant win at home in November, we don't deserve to go through.

Ponderosa
11-22-2017, 08:47 AM
What like a single in the temp stands??

When I checked yesterday:

GA- $65

Temp stands had a handful- $140

Most seats were in the last 2 rows of the 200's on the west side. I think those were $99

michaeltfc91
11-22-2017, 08:51 AM
When I checked yesterday:

GA- $65

Temp stands had a handful- $140

Most seats were in the last 2 rows of the 200's on the west side. I think those were $99

Ticketmaster has legitimately 1 single ticket for $140 in the temp stand.

Then there are obviously some resales on Stubhub, the game is sold out

Red4ever
11-22-2017, 08:54 AM
He's not wrong though, there were about 100 on there yesterday.

Globetrotter
11-22-2017, 09:01 AM
Full squad ready.
At home.
Best team in MLS.
Have beaten Crew twice at BMO this season.

Anything short of a win under those conditions is enough to say "if we dont win - we dont deserve to move on".

Derko
11-22-2017, 09:36 AM
Full squad ready.
At home.
Best team in MLS.
Have beaten Crew twice at BMO this season.

Anything short of a win under those conditions is enough to say "if we dont win - we dont deserve to move on".

Let me spell it out, 'If we don't win - we won't move on' nothing to do with deserving to move or not.

That was a painful match to watch, no movement forward what so ever, but I suppose it was Vanney's plan. Next match is going to be a total offensive affair by both sides, I see it being wide open

FootBallAZ
11-22-2017, 09:50 AM
Ticketmaster has legitimately 1 single ticket for $140 in the temp stand.

Then there are obviously some resales on Stubhub, the game is sold out

not necessarily i received an e-mail yesterday that there was more tickets released and when i checked i saw sections under the scoreboard and some GA.
I still have a couple of pairs just giving my co-workers another day before making them available.

Red4ever
11-22-2017, 09:55 AM

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Globetrotter again.

Let me spell it out, 'If we don't win - we won't move on' nothing to do with deserving to move or not.

Sure it does.

He's not saying we deserve to win even if we don't. He's saying given the scenario, whatever happens will be a just outcome. On a forum where we discuss this team ad nauseam, it's not really that contentious a statement.

TFC Tifoso
11-22-2017, 09:59 AM
Our home....our stadium....our city....our supporters......we'll do this....

and there's only 1 version of "Heroes".....Bowie's......

GlenM
11-22-2017, 10:14 AM

YEAH!!!

GlenM

nonc
11-22-2017, 10:23 AM
Hopefully Osorio doesn't start.

Red4ever
11-22-2017, 10:27 AM

I keep refreshing the thread in hopes someone will defend the Jacob Dylan version of Heroes...

That's when this thread will catch fire.

TFC Tifoso
11-22-2017, 10:31 AM
I keep refreshing the thread in hopes someone will defend the Jacob Dylan version of Heroes...

well, it's not terrible....I can say that much lol....

but if we're talking cover songs, Motorhead's cover of "Sympathy for the Devil" is quite possibly the greatest thing ever made....and they have a pretty bad ass one of "Heroes" as well.....

and now back to our regularly scheduled programming......

Graeme
11-22-2017, 10:41 AM

Don't forget this version: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iEtpxzQ-KxI

C.Ronaldo
11-22-2017, 11:19 AM

he wont, but he was not the biggest problem. remember, he hasn't played a full 90 in a while

OgtheDim
11-22-2017, 11:46 AM
I was expecting somebody to talk about the Motorhead version.

ScarboroughRed
11-22-2017, 12:13 PM
Never forget, we were down after the first leg last year.

Also never forget, we went down on aggregate twice during the second leg last year.

And yet the squad, and crowd for that matter, found another gear with everything on the line.

We will do this boys. :scarf:

Initial B
11-22-2017, 12:36 PM
Just floating this as a possible starting lineup, in case Morrow is hurt and Moor isn't playing as well.

-----------------Bono----------------
--Zavaleta---Hagglund--Mavinga--
Beita--Bradley--VV--Marky--Hasler
--------Giovinco---Altidore---------

Bench: Irwin, Moor, Cheyrou, Osorio/Edwards/Hamilton, Cooper, Ricketts

Thoughts?

TFC Tifoso
11-22-2017, 12:45 PM
^^ I'd say no need to get pretty now....providing we have a full complement of players (ie. no injuries), we've gotta use the XI that got us this far, Moor included....

he didn't have his best game last night, but the vets always deserve a chance to redeem themselves.....he's lost a bit from last year, sure, but by no means is having a Nick Garcia-esque fall.....
Moor knows he could've done better, and I'm confident he will prove it for Leg 2.....

TFC Tifoso
11-22-2017, 12:48 PM
I was expecting somebody to talk about the Motorhead version.

its a really good one! \m/

Ponderosa
11-22-2017, 01:26 PM
He's not wrong though, there were about 100 on there yesterday.

Small correction...'he'...happens to be a 'she' :o

Borga
11-22-2017, 01:36 PM
Yes. Osorio is where TFC possession goes to die.

Red4ever
11-22-2017, 02:21 PM
Small correction...'he'...happens to be a 'she' :o

Totally what I meant. My "s" key was just stuck... g:D

BritSOL
11-22-2017, 02:30 PM
^^ I'd say no need to get pretty now....providing we have a full complement of players (ie. no injuries), we've gotta use the XI that got us this far, Moor included....

he didn't have his best game last night, but the vets always deserve a chance to redeem themselves.....he's lost a bit from last year, sure, but by no means is having a Nick Garcia-esque fall.....
Moor knows he could've done better, and I'm confident he will prove it for Leg 2.....

Moor does make mistakes, but also keeps TFC in the game.....clearance right at 51 minutes.

ensco
11-22-2017, 04:05 PM
There was some sort of consensus that Vazquez got bottled up last night...I disagree with that analysis. I think playing Vazquez up front was a mistake. Not enough touches, and no ability to unlock the guys around him. It worked against LA in the regular season, but this was a different kettle of fish. I thought Vanney would switch it up, and pull Vazquez back, but he never did.

The team looks completely ordinary in MF without Vazquez' link up play. Osorio, Delgado and Hasler all lose their A game without him pulling the string.

I am utterly certain that we will see a different TFC next Wednesday with him beside the MFs and behind the strikers.

Jack
11-22-2017, 05:07 PM
There was some sort of consensus that Vazquez got bottled up last night...I disagree with that analysis. I think playing Vazquez up front was a mistake. Not enough touches, and no ability to unlock the guys around him. It worked against LA in the regular season, but this was a different kettle of fish. I thought Vanney would switch it up, and pull Vazquez back, but he never did.

The team looks completely ordinary in MF without Vazquez' link up play. Osorio, Delgado and Hasler all lose their A game without him pulling the string.

I am utterly certain that we will see a different TFC next Wednesday with him beside the MFs and behind the strikers.

Agreed. Up top he wasn't able to control things nearly as much. add to that Ricketts wasn't really doing much in terms of linking up and Columbus did a good job of getting back defensively to keep us outside their 18-yard box. Having Altidore and Giovinco up top will make a huge difference on that front.

ensco
11-22-2017, 07:06 PM
I fricking love this.

Bradley played many huge games for the USMNT in Columbus, over 10 years. Several famous games, including the dos a cero game against Mexico.

Yet they rode him mercilessly last night.

Here's the post game payback.
http://www.espnfc.co.uk/major-league-soccer/story/3279729/columbus-has-not-kept-pace-with-major-league-soccer-michael-bradley

Thanks for the memories!

Cuppy
11-22-2017, 08:00 PM
https://youtu.be/J06yQb4lbPk

OgtheDim
11-23-2017, 06:48 AM
Looks like it is going to be about as cold as last year's final was.

cmonyoureds
11-23-2017, 08:17 AM
Good, might keep some of the day trippers away, and with the reduced seating that'll be a good thing for the supporters trying to get into the building.

JT Red127
11-23-2017, 10:04 AM

I'm seeing a high of 7 and low of 3 for Wednesday on The Weather Network & EC Weather. I'll take that.

Jack
11-23-2017, 10:06 AM
I fricking love this.

Bradley played many huge games for the USMNT in Columbus, over 10 years. Several famous games, including the dos a cero game against Mexico.

Yet they rode him mercilessly last night.

Here's the post game payback.
http://www.espnfc.co.uk/major-league-soccer/story/3279729/columbus-has-not-kept-pace-with-major-league-soccer-michael-bradley

Thanks for the memories!

It's really ridiculous to blame Altidore and Bradley for the failure of the whole team and the coaches and everything. Idiots...

JayMolly
11-23-2017, 11:24 AM
I'm seeing a high of 7 and low of 3 for Wednesday on The Weather Network & EC Weather. I'll take that.

We will take those temps too.
The final last year was below 0 and a lot colder!

Auzzy
11-23-2017, 01:48 PM

We will take those temps too.
The final last year was below 0 and a lot colder!

Exactly, Dec. 10 2016 was a high was -1; low of -6. It's expected to be quite a bit warmer next Wednesday.

MightyDM
11-23-2017, 02:03 PM
I don't agree with this. He has played very well for the last couple of months. Varney clearly told him to be conservative last night, and he was. If you look at the game again, he set up a very nice play that almost ended up with a decent chance at goal - by him! - and no one has mentioned that once. It was quite lovely.

FootBallAZ
11-23-2017, 02:24 PM
Exactly, Dec. 10 2016 was a high was -1; low of -6. It's expected to be quite a bit warmer next Wednesday.

finals were a lot colder way way colder

OgtheDim
11-23-2017, 05:20 PM
Hmmm....my memories of that day are probably blocked. Trust in the rest of you.:D

Hamilton_Red
11-24-2017, 01:49 AM
If we cant win at home in November, we don't deserve to go through.

We already won in November...remember 0-1 vs the Pop Drinks!

We were the only ones celebrating when the game was over.

PAOK17
11-24-2017, 07:33 AM

Not just that, but we actually would have won the match had it not been Penso. We had two, I repeat TWO goals waved off that were valid. This is what annoys me from all the media both here and in the US saying how TFC can't score lately, had had 2 goals in 3 games, etc. It's as if we are playing with a handicap where the league started us with -2 goals or something.

MightyDM
11-24-2017, 08:53 AM
Not just that, but we actually would have won the match had it not been Penso. We had two, I repeat TWO goals waved off that were valid. This is what annoys me from all the media both here and in the US saying how TFC can't score lately, had had 2 goals in 3 games, etc. It's as if we are playing with a handicap where the league started us with -2 goals or something.

Watching the other games, Penso’s performance becomes even more remarkably bad - and his A/R’s. The push on Gio early on is a foul and a yellow. If his head was turned the A/R has to get it. The forearm/ elbow on Jozy was a foul and a yellow ( the Red Bull commentators were saying “Jozy ran into it!!!) And having seen other games and fouls and penalties, it was a penalty on Seba. Let alone both goals being good. Any one of those calls changes the game in our favour.

DinamoTFC
11-24-2017, 09:07 AM

Exactly. Ive been repeating this over and over.

Red4ever
11-24-2017, 09:17 AM

Oh I agree. I left BMO that night bewildered at what I'd seen.

My comment was not to say we won't win. I just feel this is one of those times where whatever happens is deserved. (knocks on wood).

If i'm honest, I think we score a couple early, blitz them in the second half and never let them off the mat.

Derko
11-24-2017, 10:04 AM
Oh I agree. I left BMO that night bewildered at what I'd seen.

My comment was not to say we won't win. I just feel this is one of those times where whatever happens is deserved. (knocks on wood).

If i'm honest, I think we score a couple early, blitz them in the second half and never let them off the mat.

Fucking right

flambe
11-24-2017, 11:54 AM
If Bradley were to get a yellow in this game, does that rule him out for the final due to accumulation?

Oblio2
11-24-2017, 12:06 PM
If Bradley were to get a yellow in this game, does that rule him out for the final due to accumulation?

No, I believe its all a wash for the final

DinamoTFC
11-24-2017, 12:25 PM
only red cards carry on, yellows are erased

DinamoTFC
11-24-2017, 12:39 PM
OMG SO SORRY TO REPORT THIS!

Referee change for this game. Originally released that Jair Marrufo would be reffing (one of the best and picked for 2018 World Cup). Now changed to Ismail Elfath according to MLS and PRO websites. Another retarded referee. After seeing him ref many times hes by far one of the worst. Can only hope he improved. My god.

Edit: Looks like Jair Marrufo is in Abu Dhabi for world cup seminar from Nov 25-29

11/29/2017
Toronto FC v Columbus Crew
BMO Field (7:30PM ET)
REF: ISMAIL ELFATH
AR1: Frank Anderson
AR2: Corey Rockwell
4TH: Baldomero Toledo
VAR: Drew Fischer

urdiub
11-24-2017, 01:35 PM
Believe he was the ref in that 3-2 10 minutes added on loss to Orlando last year...

OMG SO SORRY TO REPORT THIS!

Referee change for this game. Originally released that Jair Marrufo would be reffing (one of the best and picked for 2018 World Cup). Now changed to Ismail Elfath according to MLS and PRO websites. Another retarded referee. After seeing him ref many times hes by far one of the worst. Can only hope he improved. My god.

Edit: Looks like Jair Marrufo is in Abu Dhabi for world cup seminar from Nov 25-29

11/29/2017
Toronto FC v Columbus Crew
BMO Field (7:30PM ET)
REF: ISMAIL ELFATH
AR1: Frank Anderson
AR2: Corey Rockwell
4TH: Baldomero Toledo
VAR: Drew Fischer

Oldtimer
11-24-2017, 02:08 PM
At least Toledo is just watching the clock.

Gringo Starr
11-24-2017, 03:27 PM
Elfath is based in Austin Texas, great choice to ref a crew game

Red CB Toronto
11-24-2017, 03:32 PM
There is an Eastern Conference Final match scarf currently on sale at Real Sports if anyone is interested.

https://scontent.fyyz1-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t34.0-12/23899350_10159664892350204_894576695_n.jpg?oh=cc5a 27ceeffdaa2f6074e977b02d43c1&oe=5A1B33BA

trane
11-24-2017, 04:44 PM
I saw Morrow at Sud Forno with his folks this morning, he did not look hurt. But he could have been. I left him alone, it looked like he was spending some quite time with his family in town.

backbeat
11-24-2017, 06:43 PM
I saw Morrow at Sud Forno with his folks this morning, he did not look hurt. But he could have been. I left him alone, it looked like he was spending some quite time with his family in town.

ok off-topic but i prefer Forno Cultura on King west at Bathurst :hump::topic:......... hopefully he's good to go......

Redcoe15
11-24-2017, 07:07 PM
Elfath is based in Austin Texas, great choice to ref a crew gameOnly if Trustfund McAsstain hasn't paid him off to throw the match in his favor.

Auzzy
11-24-2017, 08:18 PM
Elfath is based in Austin Texas, great choice to ref a crew game

That's funny, good find.

OgtheDim
11-24-2017, 09:59 PM
Elfath isn't too bad but he has 2 particular quirks.

1 minute of extra time in the first half . 3 minutes in the second (baring injuries)

&

He takes VAR into account more then any other ref

Apart from that, he's just a typical MLS Pro ref.

I suspect Marrufo is being saved now for the final.

PizzaEatingYeti
11-25-2017, 06:30 AM
----------------------
He takes VAR into account more then any other ref
----------------------

Great if true!

MightyDM
11-25-2017, 07:12 AM

i am pretty certain that in LA Edwards was playing as well. Opened up space and meant defence had to worry about wide runs and central runs, both with exceptional pace. This would have given Vasquez space and time.

MightyDM
11-25-2017, 07:16 AM
Watching the other games, Penso’s performance becomes even more remarkably bad - and his A/R’s. The push on Gio early on is a foul and a yellow. If his head was turned the A/R has to get it. The forearm/ elbow on Jozy was a foul and a yellow ( the Red Bull commentators were saying “Jozy ran into it!!!) And having seen other games and fouls and penalties, it was a penalty on Seba. Let alone both goals being good. Any one of those calls changes the game in our favour.

i forgot the BWP elbow on Moor. Easily could have been a red card, and in the context of that game should have been.

CBTFC
11-25-2017, 09:29 AM
Just read that Artur is suspended for the game, I'll certainly take that handicap given what we were dealt.

ag futbol
11-26-2017, 08:58 AM
There is an Eastern Conference Final match scarf currently on sale at Real Sports if anyone is interested.

https://scontent.fyyz1-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t34.0-12/23899350_10159664892350204_894576695_n.jpg?oh=cc5a 27ceeffdaa2f6074e977b02d43c1&oe=5A1B33BA
Ya, but who wants to buy half a good scarf?

OgtheDim
11-26-2017, 10:23 AM
The amount of people who bought half and half scarves last December was staggering.

Red CB Toronto
11-26-2017, 01:49 PM
The amount of people who bought half and half scarves last December was staggering.

The MLS Cup scarf last year was sold out before kickoff and were going for $100 on Ebay after the game before Ruffneck due to demand put them up for sale online.

paul-collins
11-26-2017, 03:30 PM
There's a better playoff scarf also there - TFC only - All for One on one side and 2017 MLS Playoffs on the other. I don't find it very interesting either, but it's better than the split.

OgtheDim
11-26-2017, 09:32 PM
Soo...the Hourly Forecast on the Weather Network is now with 72 hours of game time and Toronto Island weather for 7pm is:

4 degrees feeling like 1

Winds out of the NE at 13KM gusting to 20

No precipitation

No clouds

Auzzy
11-27-2017, 02:25 AM
Soo...the Hourly Forecast on the Weather Network is now with 72 hours of game time and Toronto Island weather for 7pm is:

4 degrees feeling like 1

Winds out of the NE at 13KM gusting to 20

No precipitation

No clouds

I nominate South Parkdale as the official TFC weather location: https://www.theweathernetwork.com/ca/hourly-weather-forecast/ontario/south-parkdale

3 degrees feeling like 0 at game time.

Redcoe15
11-27-2017, 06:12 AM
Anyone think they're going to drag out the Grey Cup before the match in some kind of celebratory shoehorning?

Derko
11-27-2017, 07:51 AM
Anyone think they're going to drag out the Grey Cup before the match in some kind of celebratory shoehorning?

Nope

CBTFC
11-27-2017, 08:06 AM
I have a feeling that Ricky Ray will just *happen* to be watching the game, a d they'll show him on the big screen and do a brief acknowledgment.

But definitely no scheduled pre game anything of sorts.

Whether people like it or not, we share BMO Field with the Argos. Time to get over your denial, and your egos.

BelfastBoy
11-27-2017, 08:40 AM
I feel like the Argos GC win puts a little more pressure on TFC in the east final. It shouldn't really, but feels like it does.

Rene Kingsriver
11-27-2017, 09:21 AM
I have a feeling that Ricky Ray will just *happen* to be watching the game, a d they'll show him on the big screen and do a brief acknowledgment.

Whether people like it or not, we share BMO Field with the Argos. Time to get over your denial, and your egos.

Personally I highly doubt this, I didn't see any social media posts of support or congratulation from TFC. I get the sense there is still some residual bad blood between the organizations after the mocking of Giovinco by certain Argos on twitter post MLS cup final. I think there's a very high probability that any Argo player identified on the big screen would get booed.

OgtheDim
11-27-2017, 10:30 AM
Gawd this thread is a bit like the offseason - all of us going off on weird tangents about small stuff - sooner we get to Wednesday the better. :scarf:

TheGoodson
11-27-2017, 10:45 AM
Is it Wednesday yet???

Couchy81
11-27-2017, 11:00 AM
I'm taking the afternoon off work and heading down early. Can't come soon enough.

magmadragon
11-27-2017, 11:58 AM
Any word on a combined march to the match with the other supporters groups?

Dunkers
11-27-2017, 11:59 AM
The MLS Cup scarf last year was sold out before kickoff and were going for $100 on Ebay after the game before Ruffneck due to demand put them up for sale online.

I missed out on a Scarf at the game by minutes, but managed to find them in Seattle during TFC's next road game 6 months later.

Chubbs
11-27-2017, 12:59 PM
Saw someone floating this idea over on the r/tfc reddit, let's show Bradley (and Altidore) some Canadian love by cheering for him on each touch. After a month hard booing from every other American fan, I think he deserves it.

Will be giving it a shot on Wednesday and hoping it catches on.

whositwhatnow
11-27-2017, 01:14 PM
I'm taking the afternoon off work and heading down early. Can't come soon enough.

I am too, pulling my son out of school early :), he wants to participate in the march. I'm lucky as his principal is a reds fan as well !!

MightyDM
11-27-2017, 01:45 PM
Reply to CBTFC essentially saying to get used to the argos, above:

never. The tenancy of the argos will always be a threat to TFC, because it's natural for them to play on turf, and the players are openly calling for it. No-one in the TFC heirarcy wanted it - you can tell if you parse their public utterances very very carefully, together with what players have let slip now and then in places like Joe's - because of that risk. Yes it's true that the groundkeepers have done a great job, but I'm still betting that a bad storm right before an Argo game will destroy the pitch - it's why the CFL generally plays on turf. So there are at least two major threats to us, and we cannot ever let it be normalized. If the field goes turf, it'll be waaaay harder to get the gio's and Bradley's of the world to come here in future. It's our house. They are a temporary guest and the sooner they move out the better

Fort York Redcoat
11-27-2017, 03:50 PM

I'll be listening for the whoareya's...

MightyDM
11-27-2017, 04:02 PM
I'll be listening for the whoareya's...

Excellent riposte!

CBTFC
11-27-2017, 06:20 PM
Hey, if that's how you want to spend/waste your energy, all the power to ya.

*shrug*

Hamilton_Red
11-27-2017, 10:41 PM
So who's ready to predict some scores?

2-0 for the good guys. Giovinco double.

CBTFC
11-28-2017, 07:19 AM
Referee for the match is Ismail Alfath, and 4th official is the legendary Baldomero Toledo.

11-28-2017, 07:50 AM
so who's ready to predict some scores?

2-0 for the good guys. Giovinco double.

2-1 tfc

Section_105
11-28-2017, 10:26 AM
Hey, if that's how you want to spend/waste your energy, all the power to ya.

*shrug*

certainly NOT a waste. If we hadn't raised such a fuss it's highly likely that MLSE does not open the cheque book and give carte blanche to the grounds crew to buy every toy under the sun (including sun lights) to keep that field healthy.

I've stopped openly attacking the argos as I don't want to give their homers the satisfaction but the truth is they are a detriment to us while we have been nothing but benevolent to them. without us they would have folded as they have been a money losing enterprise for years and if our field didn't exist they would have had no where to go after Skydome kicked them out.

never a waste of time to fight for what we value. you can continue to be blase about it but don't belittle the fact that those of us who actually give a shit have been the ones that have kept the field at a level where top players will stay and come to in the future. /rant. back to game chat/topic,

oh, and ONE MORE DAY. Lets do this

Section_105
11-28-2017, 10:28 AM
Hey, 8:30 AM Wednesday morning rally at City Hall
https://twitter.com/torontofc/status/935300959994912769

razor787
11-28-2017, 10:56 AM

whose the genius that chose this time?

I am in toronto, and have nothing to do tomorrow, but no way am I going to go to city hall at 8:30...

Section_105
11-28-2017, 11:56 AM
whose the genius that chose this time?

I am in toronto, and have nothing to do tomorrow, but no way am I going to go to city hall at 8:30...

pretty sure it's to do the ceremonial flag raising which they do early in the day. works for me as I can hit it and get to the office by like 9:15 but that is going to work for so few people.

The real fireworks :flare:begin in the afternoon in liberty when the fans bring the noise instead of the corporates. :flare::flare:

MightyDM
11-28-2017, 12:36 PM

Now, if it was 830 am at Joes....

Section_105
11-28-2017, 12:49 PM
Now, if it was 830 am at Joes....

six packs and shooters in the square might be frowned upon but who knows.

I've posted more today thank in the last month, too excited, sorry for spamming everyone.

Fernandinho
11-28-2017, 02:29 PM
Friendly reminder to hit up your neighbourhood dollar store and stock up on streamers everyone.

Couchy81
11-28-2017, 02:35 PM
Friendly reminder to hit up your neighbourhood dollar store and stock up on streamers everyone.

Good call I totally forgot last game. Can launch a bunch down from the 2nd deck since I'm near the front.

pdubs
11-28-2017, 04:59 PM
Seems like we have everyone available I have been away so haven't been following since the tie in COL. Hopefully no tinkering with lineup or formations and go with the 3-5-2 with hopefully Hasler as RWB for a more offensive threat.

No excuses not to win. Only disadvantage as they can beat us with a 1-1 draw. Shouldn't worry us tho, we have a healthy squad that has been excellent at home.

Pumped!

Redcoe15
11-28-2017, 05:08 PM
I'll just say a Toronto win.

magmadragon
11-28-2017, 06:24 PM
What time are we marching? Just trying to figure out timing for tomorrow. Woooooo

TheSloanRanger
11-28-2017, 07:19 PM
Anyone know where I can find the complete game tape from last years 2nd leg against Montreal ? I'd love to spend my night re living that moment in preparation for tomorrow

molenshtain
11-28-2017, 07:23 PM
Anyone know where I can find the complete game tape from last years 2nd leg against Montreal ? I'd love to spend my night re living that moment in preparation for tomorrow

There used to be the full thing up on Youtube but I think they've unfortunately taken in down.

SoccMan2
11-28-2017, 08:41 PM
I don't have a good feeling about this game but then I never do, it's just not that difficult for Columbus to score first then just sit back and hope Toronto does not score two, Columbus have a big advantage going into this game, that 0-0 that they got at home suits them well all they need to do is get that first goal and then they will be in the drivers seat, this scares the hell out of me.

GerMc
11-28-2017, 09:44 PM
4-1 for TFC. Columbus get down a goal or two and start pushing up to get a goal...then we get them on the counter. And one empty net goal when they pull their goalie at the very end :-)

OgtheDim
11-28-2017, 09:46 PM
Rather be us right now then any other team. Home games here on in. Win and it's ours. Full team rested and injury free. Under the lights, with our supporters, in our weather.

We got this.

Auzzy
11-28-2017, 10:00 PM
Too bad the game wasn't today; amazing weather. For Wed. 7:30pm they're now saying 1 degree; feels like -3.

I shouldn't be, but I'm worried.

razor787
11-28-2017, 10:07 PM
I will be heading to Joes tomorrow for pre-drinks and the march. What time is it advised to arrive, in order to get in/somewhere to sit?

And what time will the march leave?

MightyDM
11-28-2017, 10:19 PM
I will be heading to Joes tomorrow for pre-drinks and the march. What time is it advised to arrive, in order to get in/somewhere to sit?

And what time will the march leave?

Arrival time for a seat? Noon.

backbeat
11-28-2017, 11:37 PM
:drinking:

I do not care

Wednesday will be glorious - we are eternity

it matters - and it matters not

TFC

I love being there

'til i die....

:drinking:

InDa_110
11-28-2017, 11:43 PM
I don't have a good feeling about this game but then I never do, it's just not that difficult for Columbus to score first then just sit back and hope Toronto does not score two, Columbus have a big advantage going into this game, that 0-0 that they got at home suits them well all they need to do is get that first goal and then they will be in the drivers seat, this scares the hell out of me.

You again...

Columbus has no advantage. They are missing a key part of their midfield, and they are playing the best team in MLS history at home where they have been almost unbeatable all year.

You need to relax..and perhaps go talk to someone about this fear that you always have.

Gringo Starr
11-29-2017, 12:14 AM
Game day finally here!
3-1 for the Reds, Morrow with a brace and Bradley with the other

Blindside16
11-29-2017, 02:02 AM
T-Minus 17 hours and 40 minutes till kickoff. I cannot wait. I've been battling some kind of health issue for the past week but the only way I'm missing this game is if I am in a pine box. Full line up, in our house, you cannot ask for anything more. I'm going out on a limb and saying 4-1 TFC. Jozy and Seba both make a statement with a brace and we ready ourselves for MLS cup. The only thing that makes me nervous is if we concede first.

flatpicker
11-29-2017, 07:05 AM
It's gonna be sub zero tonight.
I'm sick as a dog.
Only managed 4 hours sleep.
But, it's game day, so all is right in the world.

OgtheDim
11-29-2017, 07:13 AM
But, it's game day, so all is right in the world.

QFT

:scarf:

whositwhatnow
11-29-2017, 07:42 AM
GAMEDAY FINALLY!!!!!!

LEaving work early today hope to make the march!! My son is pumped!! He went to school out of uniform in his TFC gear today!! I told him its worth the phone call!!!

Oldtimer
11-29-2017, 08:09 AM
Finally the big day is here!!

Nothing's guaranteed, but I favour our chances.

molenshtain
11-29-2017, 08:17 AM
It's been almost a month since a home game. I miss BMO so much. Here's to a memorable night and moving on to the final.

Captain
11-29-2017, 08:46 AM
I'm predicting a 4-1 win. 1 from Bradley. He's on a mission and will come through for us tonight. I'm also expecting a couple from Jozy and maybe one from Morrow who's been very quiet lately. I'm not expecting a goal from Giovinco as the playoffs seem to be his nemesis. He'll run around causing havoc and assisting others to score. Maybe he'll prove me wrong and score a hat trick.

MightyDM
11-29-2017, 09:16 AM
It's been almost a month since a home game. I miss BMO so much. Here's to a memorable night and moving on to the final.

I think this is the first time I have agreed with you ;). All For One!

razor787
11-29-2017, 09:27 AM
Arrival time for a seat? Noon.

What about just for entry? Would we be okay at 4:30/5?

MightyDM
11-29-2017, 10:05 AM

I was just pulling your leg. I am sure that's fine, most of us actually have to show up for work today...

woolly
11-29-2017, 10:26 AM
I was just pulling your leg. I am sure that's fine, most of us actually have to show up for work today...

Like we're getting any work done and not just hitting F5 repeatedly....

razor787
11-29-2017, 10:28 AM

Aha yeah, I guess I keep forgetting, I'm here on vacation. For most people today is a work day.

Captain
11-29-2017, 10:30 AM

I know last year for the conference final, I got there around 4:30 and couldn't get in the door. It may not be as busy this year.

molenshtain
11-29-2017, 10:31 AM
The gates open two hours before kickoff on special occasions. I suspect if you get there at 5:30 you'll be fine.

MightyDM
11-29-2017, 10:41 AM
Aha yeah, I guess I keep forgetting, I'm here on vacation. For most people today is a work day.

Most of us are required to be at work. Some are even working. As someone else noted, Joe's was packed last year for the conference finals, so maybe 430 is good. You'll want to leave by 630 although I am guessing the March is earlier.

razor787
11-29-2017, 10:51 AM

Most of us are required to be at work. Some are even working. As someone else noted, Joe's was packed last year for the conference finals, so maybe 430 is good. You'll want to leave by 630 although I am guessing the March is earlier.

What day were they on last year though? If it was a weekend, of course it would be be busy early.

On a weekday, im not sure when it would be busy?

molenshtain
11-29-2017, 10:59 AM
What day were they on last year though? If it was a weekend, of course it would be be busy early.

On a weekday, im not sure when it would be busy?

same thing as last year. Tuesday-Wednesday conference finals. I think anticipation for a conference final against Montreal plus the extravagance of the march to the stadium had a lot of people out early.

Red4ever
11-29-2017, 11:02 AM
https://i.makeagif.com/media/11-29-2017/KavU_r.mp4https://i.makeagif.com/media/11-29-2017/KavU_r.gif

molenshtain
11-29-2017, 11:04 AM
Well now I have to watch Green Street Hooligans today. Both a blessing and a curse. Thanks for that.

MightyDM
11-29-2017, 11:07 AM
same thing as last year. Tuesday-Wednesday conference finals. I think anticipation for a conference final against Montreal plus the extravagance of the march to the stadium had a lot of people out early.

Likely correct. And it was bloody great.

11-29-2017, 11:14 AM
gameday!
https://i.imgur.com/7y4qjbi.gif

molenshtain
11-29-2017, 11:14 AM
Likely correct. And it was bloody great.

It was quite the scene. One of my favorite memories was marching through the tunnel and coming out on the other side linking arms with my dad and thousands of other supporters as we faced down the travelling MTL support in the stands. And then after the final whistle they had to stay and watch us celebrate and had hundreds of people singing "3-0 and you fucked it up" at them from below. Ugh. god I wish I could relive those two nights.

I'm not sure it can be replicated sadly. I don't think this years finals will bring the same level of excitement for a number of reasons that can't be helped. I think it'll be the champions league knockout rounds next year before we see a spectacle like that again.

Can't set Liberty Village on fire everyday now. Gotta make that shit count.

magmadragon
11-29-2017, 11:17 AM
So what time are we all heading over?

charlieocc
11-29-2017, 11:26 AM
It was quite the scene. One of my favorite memories was marching through the tunnel and coming out on the other side linking arms with my dad and thousands of other supporters as we faced down the travelling MTL support in the stands. And then after the final whistle they had to stay and watch us celebrate and had hundreds of people singing "3-0 and you fucked it up" at them from below. Ugh. god I wish I could relive those two nights.

I'm not sure it can be replicated sadly. I don't think this years finals will bring the same level of excitement for a number of reasons that can't be helped. I think it'll be the champions league knockout rounds next year before we see a spectacle like that again.

Outside the stadium after that Montreal game might’ve been the most fun I’ve had as a TFC fan. That 3-0 chant was hilarious, and they couldn’t say anything to it because it was completely true.

Red4ever
11-29-2017, 11:29 AM
Outside the stadium after that Montreal game might’ve been the most fun I’ve had as a TFC fan. That 3-0 chant was hilarious, and they couldn’t say anything to it because it was completely true.

I was there for that!

Just remembering I was now though... :drinking:

MightyDM
11-29-2017, 11:40 AM
I was there for that!

Just remembering I was now though... :drinking:

i don't remember anything after Ricketts scored, except Osorio kicking the ball up field. And bedlam. What a game!

MightyDM
11-29-2017, 11:41 AM
Will hasler start?

charlieocc
11-29-2017, 11:53 AM
i don't remember anything after Ricketts scored, except Osorio kicking the ball up field. And bedlam. What a game!

Haha whenever I rewatch the game I always forget that we scored both those goals before halftime in ET, and there was like a whole 20 minutes of play where we were just out of our minds

Rene Kingsriver
11-29-2017, 12:24 PM
The Hagglund goal is my favourite I ended up on my back in the aisle between 115 and 116 with my phone about 3 rows down lol, that second 15 minutes of ET was bliss I just couldn't stop smiling

Oblio2
11-29-2017, 12:32 PM
Hopefully everyone keeps their cool tonight. I would assume that CLB will try their best to wind Gio up by kicking lumps out of him. Best thing, kill this game early.

Prediction: 2-0 Reds.
Gio and Jozy

TFC Tifoso
11-29-2017, 12:46 PM

For me, no, it can't.....nothing ever will. Not even the lead up and game of last year's final match could do it.
Leg 2 v Montreal last year was my '87 Canada Cup, my '93 World Series, my Olympic OT Crosby goal all in one....and I am more than old enough to remember all, but there can never be anything better for me.
After Cheyrou and Ricketts' goals me and the guys in my section weren't even celebrating, it couldn't even be called that.
We were all in a circle grabbing fistfuls of whatever clothes we could get our hands on, and just shaking the hell out of each other.
It was 10 years of sucking the fucking bag coming out of everyone at the same time...the feeling that those goals produced can never be duplicated.

But with that said.....man, I can't wait for tonight.

11-29-2017, 12:55 PM
Almost a year to the day...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YSU4RzH9Mwo

Jack
11-29-2017, 12:57 PM
For me, no, it can't.....nothing ever will. Not even the lead up and game of last year's final match could do it.
Leg 2 v Montreal last year was my '87 Canada Cup, my '93 World Series, my Olympic OT Crosby goal all in one....and I am more than old enough to remember all, but there can never be anything better for me.
After Cheyrou and Ricketts' goals me and the guys in my section weren't even celebrating, it couldn't even be called that.
We were all in a circle grabbing fistfuls of whatever clothes we could get our hands on, and just shaking the hell out of each other.
It was 10 years of sucking the fucking bag coming out of everyone at the same time...the feeling that those goals produced can never be duplicated.

But with that said.....man, I can't wait for tonight.
Well said. And I wouldn’t want them to be duplicated. Let’s make more special moments and enjoy them in their own right!

TFC Tifoso
11-29-2017, 01:09 PM
Well said. And I wouldn’t want them to be duplicated. Let’s make more special moments and enjoy them in their own right!

For sure brother!

Last year was an emotional trip, and can't be duplicated.
This year it's more like swagger....like "we're the shit, now just go finish the job." lol......

molenshtain
11-29-2017, 01:11 PM
Beating seattle in regular time at home for the cup would be fairly cathartic I guess.

Let's get through tonight first though.

Section_105
11-29-2017, 01:28 PM

precisely and exactly this. my section went nuts. I high-fived a guy I can't stand and hugged everyone else.

That game was so much tension building with each swing of "we're going though, no they're going through, oh shit extra time" and then Gio going down and then benny balls ghosting in for the kill shot.

watched it again last night to get amped and man did it ever work .

Captain
11-29-2017, 01:46 PM
I keep trying to get work done but it's just not happening. I'm feeling very calm about this game - very confident that we will get through.

Joe Kool
11-29-2017, 02:04 PM
Just watching some pre-match stuff on the Crew website and the one guy said that Vanney in an interview said that Crew were lucky to get to the point they are at and he called Vanney's comments "arrogance masking insecurities" about the TFC team not being as good as they say they are. Was there any such interview with Vanney saying that about Columbus being lucky? I can't see him saying that. MLS reporting is definitely giving TFC a spin of being arrogant going into this match so I could see them spinning something about a Vanney comment too and that may be what this guy is referring to.

molenshtain
11-29-2017, 02:29 PM
Does anyone in the know actually know what time the march is settled for?

magmadragon
11-29-2017, 02:40 PM

Seconded

MightyDM
11-29-2017, 02:52 PM
Just watching some pre-match stuff on the Crew website and the one guy said that Vanney in an interview said that Crew were lucky to get to the point they are at and he called Vanney's comments "arrogance masking insecurities" about the TFC team not being as good as they say they are. Was there any such interview with Vanney saying that about Columbus being lucky? I can't see him saying that. MLS reporting is definitely giving TFC a spin of being arrogant going into this match so I could see them spinning something about a Vanney comment too and that may be what this guy is referring to.

he said no such thing, quite the contrary. They are just stirring the pot.

Fort York Redcoat
11-29-2017, 04:20 PM

Best thing about being about an eternal pessimist...Eventually you're right. And you feel...no better.

Buck up, son, and get up for it with the rest of us. Positivity isn't as easy as pessimism. Don't worry though, we all want you to be wrong- in the best way.:scarf:

molenshtain
11-29-2017, 04:30 PM

bumping this.

Redcoe15
11-29-2017, 05:43 PM
In the immortal words of the late Al Davis: "Just Win, Baby!"

:scarf:

SirBobSaget
11-29-2017, 06:45 PM
Crazy traffic on 427 now go train delay. My nerves!! 😩

notthesun
11-29-2017, 06:56 PM
Lineups:

TFC: Bono; Zavaleta, Moor, Mavinga; Bradley, Osorio, Vazquez; Giovinco, Altidore

Crew: Steffen; Afful, Mensah, Williams, Abubakar; Trapp, Abu; Santos, Higuain, Meram; Kamara

SirBobSaget
11-29-2017, 07:04 PM
Don't mind the osorio start Delgado has been coasting lately

oranje boven
11-29-2017, 07:13 PM
Watching the team warmup and the focus and drive of our captain.
Can't read his lips but he's continually saying something to his teammates and making hand motions. His leadership extends well beyond the 90 mins of the game. Let's go Reds!

James17930
11-29-2017, 07:27 PM
I don't want any drama tonight. Just a resounding, thumping victory.

ag futbol
11-29-2017, 07:35 PM
Do I really have to suffer through James Duffy?

Batman
11-29-2017, 08:10 PM
why the heck didn't Giovinco take the penalty kick!!

jloome
11-29-2017, 08:19 PM
Caldwell's continual over-compensation is making the Crew sound like Barcelona. Fuck, he's driving me nuts.

Inklink
11-29-2017, 08:27 PM
Osorio sucks ass.

urdiub
11-29-2017, 08:34 PM
Is Delgado injured? No reason for Osorio to be playing.

nonc
11-29-2017, 08:35 PM
Osorio sucks ass.

Mad he was in the starting lineup, 1st half showed why.

Such a disjointed half I cannot believe all the back passing and standing around.

Oldtimer
11-29-2017, 08:36 PM
My nerves are already shot.

PizzaEatingYeti
11-29-2017, 08:42 PM
This first half was miles away from what TFC needs to play in the second half to win.
Except the last 4-5 minutes TFC had extremely little going forward, and Columbus was too dangerous on the break.

General Woolfe
Poor first half from the Reds. I don’t know why Vanney is playing Osorio ‘cos all he seems to do is give up possession. We need to stop these sideways passes that invariable end up back with Bono and start moving the ball forward more quickly. Séba & Jozy have been very quiet the first half but we saw the trouble they can cause in the last 5 minutes there when we took the game to Columbus and played in their half. We need to step things up a gear and get our best strikers on the ball more. I really don’t like the option of this game going to penalties given Vazquez’s miss.

Come on TFC take the game to them and you can win this!

SirBobSaget
Looks like Delgado is going in has warmup gear off and is going through some exercises

Tfc/lfc
11-29-2017, 08:47 PM
Looks like Delgado is going in has warmup gear off and is going through some exercises

Thank god. Osorio drives me crazy.

Not all going according to plan here. Come on you Reds. Enough is enough...time to kick ass.

Inklink
11-29-2017, 09:01 PM
Jozzyyyy

Batman
11-29-2017, 09:14 PM
he came back long enough to score. Legendary move.

Yohan
11-29-2017, 09:21 PM
Lucky that it's playoffs. That was a bad tackle with scissoring by Bradley. Justifiably red

Inklink
11-29-2017, 09:36 PM
Hoooooooo boy.

ag futbol
11-29-2017, 09:36 PM
Hopefully that’s a confidence booster for cooper. We need a few better performances out of our mids.

Detroit_TFC
11-29-2017, 09:38 PM
Relief! I've been clenched tight for a hour.

Heroic performance from Altidore.

mistercorporate
11-29-2017, 09:40 PM

I recommend Vaseline and Senokot!

James17930
11-29-2017, 09:50 PM

Boy, no kidding. My heart is still racing.

Now 9 days to worry about the final.

ManUtd4ever
11-29-2017, 09:52 PM
Still waiting for my blood pressure to drop...

This team is resilient. Now, we get a chance for redemption.

BenRhodes23
11-29-2017, 09:53 PM
"Get rid of Cooper" "Cooper sucks" "Cooper hogs the ball"

Armando was incredible tonight and is the kind of player that is perfect for the playoffs. He frustrates teams and is very physical.

Onto the final :scarf::flare:

daner90
11-29-2017, 09:55 PM
Wow! Another game too close for comfort.

Jozy will always be a legend after tonight. Could hardly walk and scores to put us through.

I love this team!!!

ManUtd4ever
11-29-2017, 09:58 PM
Wow! Another game too close for comfort.

Jozy will always be a legend after tonight. Could hardly walk and scores to put us through.

I love this team!!!

Jozy was already a legend in my books. He's so clutch.

notthesun
11-29-2017, 10:05 PM
I don't care about anything. One more win.

craigtfc
11-29-2017, 10:07 PM
Stubhub already has 261 tickets for the finals for the low low price of $259 US.

Redcoe15
11-29-2017, 10:16 PM
They won, baby! Not the prettiest game, but a game that put them back in the Cup final on BMO Field pitch, with a much better result this time!

Jozy deserves to have his name amongst the legends for what he did tonight, scoring the only goal on this two legged affair while on a bum ankle. That was Bobby Baun worthy.

I've got everything cleared for next weekend. Time off, travel and hotel booked. Anybody got a ticket in the south end they could spare? Preferably close to or at 112? :scarf: g:D

cmonyoureds
11-29-2017, 10:20 PM
YES!!! Nervy nervy finish. Holy smokes Columbus had a couple chances there!
Cloud 9. Insane. 2 years in a row. Just can't get enough, just can't get enough!!!

Initial B
11-29-2017, 10:34 PM
I was holding my breath for the last 30 minutes, but they pulled it out. I would love to come from Ottawa with my son for the final, but no way i'm going to be able to get tickets. :(

OgtheDim
11-29-2017, 10:41 PM
Altidore goal was legendary.

Hamilton_Red
11-29-2017, 10:45 PM

Armando was incredible tonight and is the kind of player that is perfect for the playoffs. He frustrates teams and is very physical.

Hat's off too him - he seems to be finding his way back. Very good performance,

wopchop
11-29-2017, 10:48 PM

I feel like I've been one of those. He has not looked good to me since the playoffs last year, but tonight he impressed me. Excellent performance. Hope to see more of that from him!

PopePouri
11-29-2017, 11:00 PM
Seeing USMNT twitter react to Jozy is just beautiful.

Hamilton_Red
11-29-2017, 11:01 PM
Great result tonight to hold that Crew team scoreless over two games is some achievement. They have been a very good team for several years. A lot of very good performances - you are never going to coast games at this stage - only very capable team makes it this far.

For me the game break was Victor Valdez... the pass to Alti was a moment of genius.. the little pause that drew every Columbus' players attention for a split second game Altidore the time and space to finish. Which he did perfectly. Thought Coach of the Year got it right - bringing on Delgado for Zavelleta worked out and Delgado had a good second half. Defensively we were almost perfect.. they had 2 very good chances all match. I wouldn't criticize anyone on this team tonight - they all contributed.

OgtheDim
11-29-2017, 11:18 PM
Cooper played a good Concacaf bit..... except his 30 yard shot half way through extra time. Seba open on the right. But rest was very good.

ensco
11-29-2017, 11:22 PM
We were sitting on the north touch line and had the perfect view of that sequence in the 86th minute. How did Columbus not score there? I need to see that again. I think it was an unreal whiff, 99 times out of 100 that ball is in.

The gods smiled on us tonight.

T.O TILL I DIE
11-29-2017, 11:34 PM
Great win from the boys but i still think there missing that spark.

Ive also come to an assumption that giovinco does not want to play at all in the cold. Anyone else notice that?

benito
11-29-2017, 11:35 PM
We were sitting on the north touch line and had the perfect view of that sequence in the 86th minute. How did Columbus not score there? I need to see that again. I think it was an unreal whiff, 99 times out of 100 that ball is in.

I didn't realize how open he was for the tap-in until I saw the reply when I arrived home. It's incredibly that he missed the goal. Lady luck was wearing red tonight!

leroy
11-29-2017, 11:39 PM
The pass from Vazquez was a thing of beauty. he made it look simple, but it was anything but. patience, pace, maybe his best assist of the season (so far).

Canary10
11-29-2017, 11:42 PM
Well it was heart attack city but we're back in the final. Amazing goal. Interplay between Jozy, Giovinco and Vazquez was insane. Fuck yeah. Let's finish it!

Lennon
11-29-2017, 11:49 PM
Stubhub already has 261 tickets for the finals for the low low price of $259 US.

That's it? Wow. I paid over $500 last year. Was sure it would go up to 1k this year.

Canary10
11-30-2017, 12:00 AM
Bradley was man of the match for me. That tackle in the first half. Geezuz. He willed that win.

boozilla
11-30-2017, 12:04 AM
Our season-long possession play has disappeared in the last 4 games. We plain got lucky tonight and left Columbus kicking themselves. Vasquez was mostly off his game, but whatever it takes!

Canary10
11-30-2017, 12:21 AM
Our season-long possession play has disappeared in the last 4 games. We plain got lucky tonight and left Columbus kicking themselves. Vasquez was mostly off his game, but whatever it takes!

Really? Our possession was fine. We needed some quicker ball movement to beat their bus parking.

SoccMan2
11-30-2017, 12:25 AM
I still can’t believe they did it and made it back to the finals, yes I’m the eternal pessimist but I can’t help it it’s just the way I am , I was st the game and I was a mess right up until the final minute, but wow the feeling once I heard that final whistle I just can’t explain but it’s just an amazing feeling and it makes all the time and money I invest on this team so worth while such a beautiful thing I love this team and I love this sport !

backbeat
11-30-2017, 12:26 AM

and the gods smiled on them to a degree - we did have other chances that could have put the game further out of reach - never the less it was too close for my heart health

i have to admit i love the fact that we can grind it out - how many years have we watch the opposite ??

2 years Eastern CHAMPS!!

Love it

Hamilton_Red
11-30-2017, 12:32 AM
The old TFC would have given up the goal in the last second. One moment of fortune we are due. Frankly if they had scored that goal in the 84th minute.. I think that this group would have scored the second if they needed it. They are really very good.

Hamilton_Red
11-30-2017, 12:37 AM
Great win from the boys but i still think there missing that spark.

Ive also come to an assumption that giovinco does not want to play at all in the cold. Anyone else notice that?

Just watched the second half again...and frankly I've wondered about Giovinco in the play-offs in general. Whether he really has that big game cup winning mentality. Watching the goal again - and as much as Vasquez's pass was brilliant it was Gio that made the goal. He had no business winning that long ball..but the hold up and flick to Vasquez is immaculate. It was a beautiful goal - and Gio did the job. Would love to see him score a few next week.

stevep
11-30-2017, 12:40 AM
i think it is this playoff format is not good. if columbus scored we were screwed.
i cant put my finger on it exactly but this playoff format with away goals winning makes for very strange soccer.
just something wrong, any thoughts??

stevep
11-30-2017, 12:41 AM

i know,

Hamilton_Red
11-30-2017, 12:48 AM
The Steffen penalty save was huge. Vasquez took a good penalty and 9/10 times that's a goal. Our second goal would have made for a comfortable game. Very good keeper...last year we lost because of Frei. This year we are a lot better and there can be no repeat. We are the best team in the league - there are other very good teams Columbus is excellent. The margins are tight. Now there is only one more thing to do.

Canary10
11-30-2017, 12:59 AM
i think it is this playoff format is not good. if columbus scored we were screwed.
i cant put my finger on it exactly but this playoff format with away goals winning makes for very strange soccer.
just something wrong, any thoughts??

I think you said it. It's the playoff format. When the stakes are so high it encourages conservative football. World Cup games are no different. Later stage CL games are no different.

JonO
11-30-2017, 01:04 AM

From the replay, it looked like one of the Columbus plays got a head on it. Just enough contact to throw his timing off. But yeah - we caught a break there

Hamilton_Red
11-30-2017, 01:13 AM
I think you said it. It's the playoff format. When the stakes are so high it encourages conservative football. World Cup games are no different. Later stage CL games are no different.

Nothing wrong with the format. Away goal is a better tie breaker than penalties. Their is no question that it is very tense. But their is nothing wrong with the format. Having International breaks in the middle of the play-offs is another matter all together.

ensco
11-30-2017, 07:23 AM
Vanney ... unreal.

I was screaming at him, get Jozy off! It was obvious to everyone there that the guy was done, we spent close to 10 minutes down a man. What the hell are we doing??!!

Then Altidore goes full Willis Reed and wins the game.

Greg does it again. The guy has horseshoes up his backside!

whositwhatnow
11-30-2017, 07:52 AM
man what a game, got nervous in the first half Columbus defense was shutting them down. The goal was such a nice goal!
See you all Dec 9th!!

Canary10
11-30-2017, 07:57 AM
Nothing wrong with the format. Away goal is a better tie breaker than penalties. Their is no question that it is very tense. But their is nothing wrong with the format. Having International breaks in the middle of the play-offs is another matter all together.

I just mean games in a playoff format of any kind produce conservative soccer because the stakes are so high. No one wants to lose. The away goal rule is fine.

Canary10
11-30-2017, 08:08 AM
Guys, we're in the fucking final!!!!

ensco
11-30-2017, 08:12 AM
Guys, we're in the fucking final!!!!

If we can win every game 4-0, then screw it, let's get Aron Winter back here.

:-)

cmonyoureds
11-30-2017, 08:27 AM
If we can win every game 4-0, then screw it, let's get Aron Winter back here.

:-)

HA! I'll see your Aron Winter and raise you with some Preki-ball.

cmonyoureds
11-30-2017, 08:33 AM
Seeing USMNT twitter react to Jozy is just beautiful.

You got my interest. Went over for a look.
It. Is. Glorious.
Laughing so hard at some of the stuff in there!!!!

TheGoodson
11-30-2017, 08:49 AM
HA! I'll see your Aron Winter and raise you with some Preki-ball.

I re raise both of you and add some tactical genius from Mr. Short Pants himself Paul Mariner

denime
11-30-2017, 09:32 AM
I re raise both of you and add some tactical genius from Mr. Short Pants himself Paul Mariner

We have a winner !!!

dupont
11-30-2017, 09:49 AM
A nervy and glorious night at BMO Field! The cup will be ours!

Red4ever
11-30-2017, 10:06 AM
The best part was when we won.

C.Ronaldo
11-30-2017, 10:06 AM
Vanney ... unreal.

I was screaming at him, get Jozy off! It was obvious to everyone there that the guy was done, we spent close to 10 minutes down a man. What the hell are we doing??!!

Then Altidore goes full Willis Reed and wins the game.

Greg does it again. The guy has horseshoes up his backside!

I would have taken him off......and thats why im not coach of the year.

C.Ronaldo
11-30-2017, 10:08 AM

he had a miracle game and he knew it. he sat in that mid field by himself reflecting how busting his ass all season finally paid off

Scotty74
11-30-2017, 10:10 AM
That game did nothing for my blood pressure!! We looked really flat footed and slow in the first half and boy we were lucky not to concede. Once we switched to 4-4-2 in the second half we looked much better. Vazquez again with the assist for the game winner, super wee ball to Jozy who finished while playing on one leg - what a legend!
It was the other end from me but how the hell did Columbus miss that chance right at the end? Seemed like a simple tap in for him but hey....you need some luck to get this far.

Bring on Seattle(Unless Houston pull off a miracle tonight) it's time for redemption boys!!!!

Red4ever
11-30-2017, 10:18 AM
Got so drunk last night I went home and looked for Seattle Houston stream for 30 minutes.

Then laughed myself to sleep.

whositwhatnow
11-30-2017, 10:19 AM
Got so drunk last night I went home and looked for Seattle Houston stream for 30 minutes.

Then laughed myself to sleep.

Nice lol

Jack
11-30-2017, 10:31 AM

Kamara is an awful striker. Shockingly bad. I am left wondering how the hell he scored 18 goals. He was terrible against us in both games.

DinamoTFC
11-30-2017, 10:36 AM
http://torontosun.com/news/local-news/car-tractor-trailer-crash-kills-man-in-brampton

To all our fans. Please be safe when driving home or whatever. An unlucky tfc fan died last night when he crashed into a tractor trailer. R.I.P

paul-collins
11-30-2017, 11:08 AM
Why did we play the entire first half up the left side? Beitashour was open and calling for it constantly but the ball kept going up the middle or out to Morrow. The few times it did get to Beits he had no support to run a give and go... (I'm wondering if they were trying to exploit a perceived Columbus weakness, or if it was blindness)

Also, Osorio wasn't bad. Our movement off the ball was terrible, so he had no targets. He also had a penalty denied in the first half (deliberate trip) that was extremely well timed. Ref just blew the call.

The switch to 4-4-2 diamond with Delgado changed the game, though. We were initially formed wide and playing narrow (my first point), so it made sense to change.

I hate these playoffs. Not because two games is a poor choice, but because there's no rhythm. I remember the Maple Leafs' run in '93 and they had 3 series in a row that went 7 games. It was *every other night* for 6 weeks. THAT's rhythm.

My solution? Every series is 2 games (including the last). You do two games a week. Test the depth. We're only talking 3 series, here (conf semi, conf final, cup final). You could be done before the November FIFA break.

Jack
11-30-2017, 11:40 AM
Why did we play the entire first half up the left side? Beitashour was open and calling for it constantly but the ball kept going up the middle or out to Morrow. The few times it did get to Beits he had no support to run a give and go... (I'm wondering if they were trying to exploit a perceived Columbus weakness, or if it was blindness)

Also, Osorio wasn't bad. Our movement off the ball was terrible, so he had no targets. He also had a penalty denied in the first half (deliberate trip) that was extremely well timed. Ref just blew the call.

The switch to 4-4-2 diamond with Delgado changed the game, though. We were initially formed wide and playing narrow (my first point), so it made sense to change.

I hate these playoffs. Not because two games is a poor choice, but because there's no rhythm. I remember the Maple Leafs' run in '93 and they had 3 series in a row that went 7 games. It was *every other night* for 6 weeks. THAT's rhythm.

My solution? Every series is 2 games (including the last). You do two games a week. Test the depth. We're only talking 3 series, here (conf semi, conf final, cup final). You could be done before the November FIFA break.

I completely agree about the playoffs being stretched out. It's silly. There's no momentum, the buzz in the city is killed by the long breaks and the players have no rhythm.

TFC Tifoso
11-30-2017, 11:52 AM
what a night!!....I'm so proud of this team and especially our adopted brothers Altidore and Bradley....

nothing else to say....I'm tired, hoarse, and sore all over...and i'm absolutely loving it!.....see you all on the 9th.....

Initial B
11-30-2017, 01:28 PM
One option that was mentioned was to run each playoff conference like a World Cup group stage with 4 teams playing a round robin over the space of two weeks, followed by a one-game conference final a couple of days later and the MLS Cup the week after that. Roughly 4 days between games would test team depth and force teams to play a less conservative style.

11-30-2017, 01:47 PM
I think once the league gets to 28 teams, they will go to a single elimination 16 team playoff, like the WC/Euro knockout round system. One round a week would make the playoffs a month long.

Joe Kool
11-30-2017, 01:54 PM
Man just looked at the MLS website and lots of whining going on over there. People can't stand that Bradley made that one big save stopping Meram and that Jozy scored the winner. These people need to grow up and get a life. Had a blast yesterday at the stadium although it took me 2.5 hrs to get there from Ajax and it is usually no more than 1.5 hrs usually in rush hour traffic. What the hell was with the east-west congestion in the downtown core yesterday? No good options over the other to get across from DVP to the stadium. I sat on Lakeshore watching a light go from red to green about 4-5 times before I could get through it. Lucky I left as early as I did. I thought we were going to have a sparse crowd at the start because of that but most people made it...amazing. On to the next one...

T.O TILL I DIE
11-30-2017, 02:18 PM
Just watched the second half again...and frankly I've wondered about Giovinco in the play-offs in general. Whether he really has that big game cup winning mentality. Watching the goal again - and as much as Vasquez's pass was brilliant it was Gio that made the goal. He had no business winning that long ball..but the hold up and flick to Vasquez is immaculate. It was a beautiful goal - and Gio did the job. Would love to see him score a few next week.

Watching from a tv point of view, Gio was unoticed on the pitch tonight obviously other than the goal with Jozy and Vasquez. I feel that something is off with him hes still in my eyes one of the best and for that reason i seem to notice that his usual style of play is not the norm.
Like i said it could be the weather or something else. But the cold really isnt ideal for soccer and when our temps get to -5 and below i dont think any player would like it but Gio seems to really dissaprove of it. I hope he knocks in goals in the finals and proves my theory wrong but ill come to a final conclusion when that day comes.

Graeme
11-30-2017, 02:28 PM
Watching from a tv point of view, Gio was unoticed on the pitch tonight obviously other than the goal with Jozy and Vasquez. I feel that something is off with him hes still in my eyes one of the best and for that reason i seem to notice that his usual style of play is not the norm.
Like i said it could be the weather or something else. But the cold really isnt ideal for soccer and when our temps get to -5 and below i dont think any player would like it but Gio seems to really dissaprove of it. I hope he knocks in goals in the finals and proves my theory wrong but ill come to a final conclusion when that day comes.

From my memory, didn't he draw at least one foul outside the box in the first half? I didn't think he looked particularly bad last night--we just struggled to get him the ball.

adam1001
11-30-2017, 02:31 PM
Any comments on the seriousness of Jozy's injury?

charlieocc
11-30-2017, 02:43 PM
Any comments on the seriousness of Jozy's injury?
Haven't heard about the actual injury, but he was super emphatic in interviews that he's gonna play in the final.

JuliquE
11-30-2017, 02:48 PM
My WORD, that's a great avatar you got there!

I was roaring after every defensive play, and lost it on the goal—stuff of legends.

If you're still on the fence about Jozy, there's no hope. Better yet, watch his post-game interview, and try not to fall in love:

https://www.torontofc.ca/post/2017/11/30/i-didn-t-think-i-d-be-able-continue-i-felt-it-whole-time-these-are-moments-you-live?autoplay=true

whositwhatnow
11-30-2017, 02:48 PM
From my memory, didn't he draw at least one foul outside the box in the first half? I didn't think he looked particularly bad last night--we just struggled to get him the ball.

The way he looked last night either the Columbus defense shut him down or he just wasn't into it.

Detroit_TFC
11-30-2017, 03:29 PM
Seba hasn't played since how long, fully expected a quiet night from him. That's not a reflection of his motivation, I'm sure he want to score ten goals. Should be sharper in the Final.