PDA

View Full Version : Eastern Final First Leg TFC @ Columbus - Tuesday 21 November 8pm - Stiffen the Sinews

Pages : [1] 2

OgtheDim
11-05-2017, 08:02 PM
If they succeed, you can drink to their courage. And if they fail, you can still drink to their courage.

The battle for MLS Cup continues

Have at it People

daner90
11-05-2017, 08:11 PM
Time off booked already, bring on Columbus!!!!

magmadragon
11-05-2017, 08:53 PM
Invoice is available. $80 in 111 which is $5 less than last year.

barticusz
11-05-2017, 11:23 PM
Always knew that was going to be a tough series, much like this next one.

Assuming Altidore and Gio are both out, one would think that we will see Tosaint take up one of the forward spots... who else gets in?

Edwards?
Hamilton?
Spencer?
Endoh?

Or are we going to see a midfielder take up the spot like we've seen in the past with either Osorio, Vazquez or even Chapman.

Unlike in previous years, our midfield and wingbacks have the ability to get the forwards good looks on net and so we're not entirely reliant on our forward group. With that, I still think we can take something out of Columbus away. Enjoy the game for all you will be going!

hulkrogan
11-06-2017, 01:20 AM
Looking to fly out from Calgary to catch this one. Can anyone fill me in how you go about getting away supporters tickets in Columbus?

ensco
11-06-2017, 06:42 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=blnoiAG5aao&feature=onebox

The starting forwards were Ricketts and Ben Spencer

mcolvy
11-06-2017, 08:14 AM
Looking to fly out from Calgary to catch this one. Can anyone fill me in how you go about getting away supporters tickets in Columbus?

Same question - how do I get tickets in Columbus? How can I ensure I sit amongst other TFC fans?

GerMc
11-06-2017, 08:49 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=blnoiAG5aao&feature=onebox

The starting forwards were Ricketts and Ben Spencer

And we scored two goals in the last 10 minutes while playing with 10 men!

denime
11-06-2017, 08:50 AM
Same question - how do I get tickets in Columbus? How can I ensure I sit amongst other TFC fans?

A soon we have info,it will be posted .

Rene Kingsriver
11-06-2017, 08:53 AM
wonder if we could get Seba and Jozy to come in the away end

Jack
11-06-2017, 09:35 AM
And we scored two goals in the last 10 minutes while playing with 10 men!

The current Columbus team is much better than that team we played and with a hot keeper. They made some tweaks over the season and are playing pretty well. Still, I think we go for smash and grab on the road and bring it home for the win. But we should not take them lightly.

jenkinsm
11-06-2017, 09:47 AM
Count me in for 4 tickets...

TFC Tifoso
11-06-2017, 09:58 AM
3-6-1 for first leg if Jozy's red holds up.....plug the mid and hope Vasquez can send Ricketts through to nip one on a counter.....let's do this!

Still Kicking
11-06-2017, 10:05 AM
Benoit Cheyrou MUST be at least on the bench for the game in Columbus...
Marky Delgado needs to have a bounceback game
Play a 4-5-1 with Tosaint Ricketts as the sole striker

ensco
11-06-2017, 10:12 AM
I'm guessing he moves Vazquez up top, but that's a big hole at AM. Vazquez unlocks Ricketts at AM, not up top. It was Vazquez' distribution that created most of the goals in that Columbus rout in May.

It is not inconceivable that Vanney will go to Spencer and Ricketts again. I don't know why Vanney rated Spencer over Hamilton, but he did, and he played them together several times, including against Columbus, whereas Ricketts and Hamilton never played together.

jabbronies
11-06-2017, 10:20 AM
-------- Ricketts ----- Hamilton --------

--------------- Vasquez ----------------

Delgado -------------------------- Hasler

----------------- Bradley ---------------

Morrow - - Moor - - Hagglund - - Beita

BelfastBoy
11-06-2017, 10:25 AM
---------------- Ricketts -----------------

Delgado ---------Bradley--------- Hasler

----------------- Cheyrou---------------

11-06-2017, 10:55 AM
I'm guessing Vanney plays it safe and dresses a more defensive lineup. Play for a tie on the road and win your home game with everyone back.

TFC Tifoso
11-06-2017, 11:07 AM
If Jozy's red holds up, here's what I'm thinking....

------------------------Ricketts----------------------------
------------------------Vasquez---------------------------
Morrow------Cheyrou---------Delgado-------Beitashour
-------------------------Bradley---------------------------
-----Mavinga------------Moor-------------Zavaleta------

TheGoodson
11-06-2017, 11:15 AM

Swap out Cheyrou for Osorio and I think that is the line up... Bring in Cheryou last 25-30 minutes to close out the game

pdubs
11-06-2017, 11:16 AM
Do we have an update on Mavinga? Break is ahead so I am guessing won't be a major issue.

TFC Tifoso
11-06-2017, 11:19 AM
Swap out Cheyrou for Osorio and I think that is the line up... Bring in Cheryou last 25-30 minutes to close out the game

good point, but I'm thinking if we go in with a defensive mindset, Cheyrou would be better there.....only question would be how long he can last.

Bring in Oso if we need a goal or Cheyrou is gassed.....

denime
11-06-2017, 11:22 AM
good point, but I'm thinking if we go in with a defensive mindset, Cheyrou would be better there.....only question would be how long he can last.

Bring in Oso if we need a goal or Cheyrou is gassed.....

Hahaha a good one

11-06-2017, 11:22 AM
I think we see Ricketts in Jozy's role, Vasquez in Giovinco's role, Osorio in Vasquez's role. Otherwise, lineup remains the same.

Bluenose13
11-06-2017, 11:28 AM
I think we see Ricketts in Jozy's role, Vasquez in Giovinco's role, Osorio in Vasquez's role. Otherwise, lineup remains the same.All things considered, that's really not too bad.

TFC Tifoso
11-06-2017, 11:41 AM
Hahaha a good one

lol....yeah I hear ya.....point being that Oso should have a bit more offense to his game than Cheyrou.....
either way, I'd like to see Cheyrou's experience in the Starting XI if need be.....

TFC Tifoso
11-06-2017, 11:43 AM
I think we see Ricketts in Jozy's role, Vasquez in Giovinco's role, Osorio in Vasquez's role. Otherwise, lineup remains the same.

I think Vasquez is the only guy on this team that can play "Vasquez's role".....if a "role" needs to be cut for this game, I feel it should be Giovinco's....go with just 1 up top.....

even in the line-up I posted, he's not in his usual "spot" but he can't play too high up the field either, otherwise his effectiveness is lessened....

cmonyoureds
11-06-2017, 11:45 AM

Hmm......... rational thought like that is gonna bring a few people back in off the ledge......... that's actually a lot rosier a picture than people are considering

denime
11-06-2017, 11:54 AM

That is something to be considered,personally I like the idea,except I would play Cheyrou in Vasquez's role,since he only one who can provide good pass trough as Vasquez.

Canary10
11-06-2017, 11:55 AM
Honestly we can win any game with one of Jozy, Giovinco or Vazquez on the pitch. We'll be okay.

GerMc
11-06-2017, 11:59 AM
Hmm......... rational thought like that is gonna bring a few people back in off the ledge......... that's actually a lot rosier a picture than people are considering

I tihnk we should all get back off the ledge. We went through big chunks of the year without Jozy and Gio, and if I remember correctly did OK. We need to come out of Columbus with at least a tie, and hopefully score a goal or two. I think we can do that without them. I always liked Josh Williams, he seems like a good guy, but the combo of him and Mensah on the backline are shocking. NYCFC should have scored a bunch of goals off Mensah's mistakes alone in the first leg.

I think we can win in Columbus. And then back at home for the second leg with Gio and hopefully Jozy as well (as long as the league doesn't give a longer suspension, which I don't think they will) and we can prep for what is likely to be a rematch with Seattle in the MLS Cup. I know that Columbus is hot, but they did not play well in their last game, and their defense is weak. I am confident that we can take them even without 2 of our DPs. We do have a deep team, and our depth players have come through for us repeatedly this year.

I think there is a lot to be positive about! I for one am looking forward to a great game in Columbus :-)

TFC Tifoso
11-06-2017, 12:23 PM
I tihnk we should all get back off the ledge. We went through big chunks of the year without Jozy and Gio, and if I remember correctly did OK. We need to come out of Columbus with at least a tie, and hopefully score a goal or two. I think we can do that without them. I always liked Josh Williams, he seems like a good guy, but the combo of him and Mensah on the backline are shocking. NYCFC should have scored a bunch of goals off Mensah's mistakes alone in the first leg.

I think we can win in Columbus. And then back at home for the second leg with Gio and hopefully Jozy as well (as long as the league doesn't give a longer suspension, which I don't think they will) and we can prep for what is likely to be a rematch with Seattle in the MLS Cup. I know that Columbus is hot, but they did not play well in their last game, and their defense is weak. I am confident that we can take them even without 2 of our DPs. We do have a deep team, and our depth players have come through for us repeatedly this year.

I think there is a lot to be positive about! I for one am looking forward to a great game in Columbus :-)

Yep.....what's done is done, and only thing left is what (if anything) happens with Jozy's red.

Interesting thing is that yesterday's game was only the 4th game all season which featured that Starting XI.....

We've won with out Altdore.....without Seba.....and set an MLS record to boot....

missing them is not ideal certainly, but not the end of the world either.....imo the 2 most "important" players on this team are Vasquez and Bradley....and we'll have them.....

Shway
11-06-2017, 01:55 PM
Please guys, please.... No #savethecrew shit at this game. Not the time.

charlieocc
11-06-2017, 02:21 PM
The only person I want saving the Crew at the moment is Alex Bono.

michaeltfc91
11-06-2017, 02:26 PM
Screwwwwwwwwwwwwww the crewwwwwwwwwwwwww
we all laugh at the yellow football the yellow football team the yellow football team

Prof
11-06-2017, 02:54 PM

Delgado ---------Bradley--------- Hasler

I like this for the first game. Spot on.:hump:

C.Ronaldo
11-06-2017, 03:16 PM
I like this for the first game. Spot on.:hump:

cheyrou has the legs for 60+ minutes?

ryan
11-06-2017, 04:19 PM
sure is nice to be able to knock off one hated club one year at this stage, now the chance to do it to the other.

Oldtimer
11-06-2017, 06:07 PM

I sure won't, but there are those who will based on the idea that "it could happen to us" and the league should never move a team on principle.

ManUtd4ever
11-06-2017, 06:16 PM
sure is nice to be able to knock off one hated club one year at this stage, now the chance to do it to the other.

Agreed. Columbus will be a tough opponent though, especially in the first leg.

Hugh Jazz
11-06-2017, 06:52 PM
--------------Ricketts--------------

-----Vazquez----------Osorio------

-------Cheyrou-----Delgado-------

---------------Bradley--------------

Morrow---Mavinga---Moor---Beita

I wouldn't mind seeing this. We can defend in numbers or dominate possession with something like this. Bradley, Cheyrou and Vazquez together have enough composure and technique to thread Ricketts through. If he's smart with his movement no reason he can't bag another brace. Bradley should have a strong game as there isn't anyone on CLB to put him under a lot of pressure. Have to think whoever's reffing will be a bit firmer. Looking forward to this one!

General Woolfe
11-06-2017, 08:07 PM

Edwards ---------Bradley--------- Hasler

Morrow - - Mavinga- - Hagglund - - Beitashour

id go very close to Belfast boy but perhaps start Edwards in place of Delgado for his pace down the wing

Or stick with our regular 3-5-2.... I’m presuming Mavinga isn’t injured and favouring Hagglund over Moor and Zavaletta, though in truth any of the three could slot in

——--------------- Ricketts -----Vasquez ----------------

Morrow —-—- Delgado ——Bradley----Cheyrou---- Hasler

——-————Mavinga - - Hagglund - - Moor

———————————-Bono———————

trane
11-06-2017, 08:29 PM

That is it, just that Morrow and Beitashour will have to play more like FB then WB.

trane
11-06-2017, 08:31 PM
I would play
Bradely, Cheyrou and Hasler in the mid, keep it very defensive. IF Cheyrou has 70 or so in him.

OgtheDim
11-06-2017, 08:38 PM
..... I always liked Josh Williams, he seems like a good guy, but the combo of him and Mensah on the backline are shocking....

This.

Two other things to remember:

Columbus defence was the worst of any defence in the playoffs in the East.

Over their vaunted unbeaten run of 12 games, they have had 3 shut outs - Orlando, DC, LAG.

Can we lose? Of course, cards and posts happen. But, over a 2 game series, we should paste these guys.

InDa_110
11-06-2017, 10:18 PM
On the bright side. Considering TFC have not been playing their best recently, anyone who has ever played any sport competitively knows that sometimes an incident where the shit gets disturbed is just what you need to come together and get motivated to win.

Gringo Starr
11-06-2017, 10:54 PM
Just got to come home with an away goal, it somehow gives you a sense of security. Last year we may have come back from Montreal down 3-2 but on the train ride back I sure felt like we were in control and sitting pretty 4-3

jloome
11-06-2017, 11:25 PM
I'm guessing he moves Vazquez up top, but that's a big hole at AM. Vazquez unlocks Ricketts at AM, not up top. It was Vazquez' distribution that created most of the goals in that Columbus rout in May.

It is not inconceivable that Vanney will go to Spencer and Ricketts again. I don't know why Vanney rated Spencer over Hamilton, but he did, and he played them together several times, including against Columbus, whereas Ricketts and Hamilton never played together.

Didn't they play together on the road in LA? Could've sworn they did. Either way, I don't care how many issues they must apparently have with Hamilton, all he does when he plays with the senior team is score goals. Spencer looked like he'd have a hard time hitting the target.

Blindside16
11-07-2017, 01:19 AM
On the bright side. Considering TFC have not been playing their best recently, anyone who has ever played any sport competitively knows that sometimes an incident where the shit gets disturbed is just what you need to come together and get motivated to win.

This 100%. I said it leaving the stadium Sunday night that this will pull the team together and it will be a Toronto vs Everybody attitude with this team. Sure enough later that night both Jozy and Seba posted the very same thing on Instagram. This will pull this team closer and the boys hearing 30,000 people chanting "Fuck you ref! / Ref you suck!" at full voice just re-affirms for them that we are in this fight with them. I think from here on out we will see a much different team that will take no prisoners. At least I hope we will.

Blindside16
11-07-2017, 01:21 AM
Didn't they play together on the road in LA? Could've sworn they did. Either way, I don't care how many issues they must apparently have with Hamilton, all he does when he plays with the senior team is score goals. Spencer looked like he'd have a hard time hitting the target.

I would like to see Hamilton and Ricketts up front in leg 1. Please for the love of god leave Spencer at home for this game.

ensco
11-07-2017, 06:45 AM

I don’t have any idea why Vanney played Spencer over Hamilton, I'm just observing that he did, numerous times. We all knew, Vanney most of all, that Seba and Jozy were injury risks. He was absolutely thinking about November when he did that.

I looked it up, it was Ricketts and Vazquez up front against LA, and they were rampant. It was Spencer and Ricketts against Columbus, although Hamilton scored a beauty in stoppage time in that one.

It's Altidore's suspension that bothers me, not Seba's. Ricketts tore Columbus apart this year, and Seba hasn't looked right. In truth, if it wasn’t Seba we're talking about, we would be seriously talking about whether Ricketts shouldn’t be going in for this next game anyway.

Seba has three weeks off here now, and it may well be that he needs the rest. That quad injury may still be lingering, he is missing that final gear. He is not exploding away from people, and I think that is part of what is making him crazy.

My crazy prediction: we might see Hasler at striker. We have two weeks to prepare, Hasler plays forward for Lictenstein in Europe, and he has shown a lot of versatility. It would also be something that Columbus might not have prepared for.

TFC Tifoso
11-07-2017, 08:06 AM
That is it, just that Morrow and Beitashour will have to play more like FB then WB.

yes....as much as I'd like to see TFC come out and win this game, under the circumstances, the priority needs to be to not concede and leave it all for the home leg.....

Seba has three weeks off here now, and it may well be that he needs the rest. That quad injury may still be lingering, he is missing that final gear. He is not exploding away from people, and I think that is part of what is making him crazy.

My crazy prediction: we might see Hasler at striker. We have two weeks to prepare, Hasler plays forward for Lictenstein in Europe, and he has shown a lot of versatility. It would also be something that Columbus might not have prepared for.

yup, Seba's explosiveness with the ball seems to be gone.....the rest will be good.....

and wow, that's some prediction!.....

Ben - D.O.W.
11-07-2017, 09:43 AM
Interestingly the two forward options Bez mentions are Ricketts and Hamilton. It's not Vanney saying it, but still worth noting that Hamilton hasn't been forgotten about.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/soccer/tfc-appeal-altidores-red-card-hopes-suspension-rescinded/

C.Ronaldo
11-07-2017, 10:18 AM
yes....as much as I'd like to see TFC come out and win this game, under the circumstances, the priority needs to be to not concede and leave it all for the home leg.....

yup, Seba's explosiveness with the ball seems to be gone.....the rest will be good.....

and wow, that's some prediction!.....

Its important to note that when he does get by, he gets fouled.

seba needs to hi the gym or adapt to his lost step next year though

drop back as the secondary striker or up top AM. he needs a little room, and once he has pace, he can get by defenders that are on their heels

TFC Tifoso
11-07-2017, 11:29 AM
Its important to note that when he does get by, he gets fouled.

seba needs to hi the gym or adapt to his lost step next year though

drop back as the secondary striker or up top AM. he needs a little room, and once he has pace, he can get by defenders that are on their heels

true on the first point, but it seems like he's getting the call a lot less now.....

but I don't think hitting the gym would do any good for his speed....would probably make it worse, though he should in theory be a bit stronger on the ball....
and as long as we have Vasquez, he wouldn't be able to play AM either.....they'd take up the same space....

when he's running at defenders it doesn't seem to be a problem.....where I've noticed it most is when he gets the ball over the top or just on the shoulder of a defender....just doesn't pull away like before....
in any case, this time off can only be good for him imo.....

also worth noting is that hopefully this time off slows the Crew's momentum down a bit....

Globetrotter
11-07-2017, 11:53 AM
also worth noting is that hopefully this time off slows the Crew's momentum down a bit....

Bingo.

charlieocc
11-07-2017, 12:03 PM

Agreed, tbh it definitely slowed us up for the first leg last year.

DinamoTFC
11-07-2017, 12:07 PM
Crew players on yellow cards who could potentially miss second leg vs TFC:

Vs Atlanta: Hector Jimenez, Artur and Josh Williams
Vs NYCFC : Mohammed Abu

TFC players suspended: Giovinco, Altidore (appealed)

Only Bradley sits on a yellow and needs to avoid a caution in first leg.

charlieocc
11-07-2017, 12:30 PM
Crew players on yellow cards who could potentially miss second leg vs TFC:

Vs Atlanta: Hector Jimenez, Artur and Josh Williams
Vs NYCFC : Mohammed Abu

TFC players suspended: Giovinco, Altidore (appealed)

Only Bradley sits on a yellow and needs to avoid a caution in first leg.

I thought Vazquez got a yellow at some point? Maybe I’m crazy

Edit: I am indeed crazy.

ensco
11-07-2017, 12:48 PM

NYCFC did us a solid there. Until Sunday, they had a whiff of second half superteam about them (sort of like Seattle last year). But NYCFC totally dominated them, and Columbus were lucky to escape. That bubble has burst.

Globetrotter
11-07-2017, 01:04 PM
Remind me - if Bradley picks up a second yellow, and it's in the 2nd leg, does he miss the finals, or do two yellows after a conference finals get wiped out regardless?

Yohan
11-07-2017, 01:10 PM
I think Vasquez and Ricketts up top, with Vasquez playing Giovinco's role as second striker. Ricketts to use his speed to ensure Columbus doesn't play a high line and try to smother TFC midfield by denying them space.

Let's hope Osorio has one of his better games and don't lose possession easily and be able to link up with Vasquez.

2-1 loss first leg still puts TFC in driver seat for 2nd leg at home. I think Columbus will try to score as many goals as possible in 1st leg and ride out the storm in 2nd leg.

fergiejr
11-07-2017, 01:21 PM
Remind me - if Bradley picks up a second yellow, and it's in the 2nd leg, does he miss the finals, or do two yellows after a conference finals get wiped out regardless?

Finals are clean slate. If he picks up another yellow at home against Columbus it is moot. If he picks up a red, however, I believe he is out.

Rene Kingsriver
11-07-2017, 01:58 PM
I heard the Crew are only giving us 200 tickets.

KidA
11-07-2017, 02:19 PM
200 tickets? What's stopping people from buying directly on Ticketmaster? I see tons of seats available already.

TheGoodson
11-07-2017, 02:30 PM
I spoke to the Crew ticket people yesterday... Section 210 is the away section dedicated to TFC (but only for the supporter groups which they would distribute through TFC), I purchased my tickets in 209 on Ticketmaster last night....

Montreal did the same thing when we played there for the knock out game a couple of years ago. They were only going to sell tickets to away fans that were part of a supporters group. I just bought tickets in the next section over and then went and sat in the away section

C.Ronaldo
11-07-2017, 02:55 PM
true on the first point, but it seems like he's getting the call a lot less now.....

but I don't think hitting the gym would do any good for his speed....would probably make it worse, though he should in theory be a bit stronger on the ball....
and as long as we have Vasquez, he wouldn't be able to play AM either.....they'd take up the same space....

when he's running at defenders it doesn't seem to be a problem.....where I've noticed it most is when he gets the ball over the top or just on the shoulder of a defender....just doesn't pull away like before....
in any case, this time off can only be good for him imo.....

squats and box jumps will help his explosiveness (might slow down his full stride run though).

Gio could use some leg mass, hes got all those marketing gigs lined up no? ;)

Bluenose13
11-07-2017, 02:59 PM
I heard the Crew are only giving us 200 tickets.Section 210 looks to hold about 400 & we have the whole section.

JT Red127
11-07-2017, 03:00 PM
200 tickets? What's stopping people from buying directly on Ticketmaster? I see tons of seats available already.

Nothing stopping them...buy buy buy. 209 is either being held as well or already sold out, 208 is mostly sold out. I purchased tickets for my group in 208, that corner of the upper level will be all TFC.

Bluenose13
11-07-2017, 03:00 PM
200 tickets? What's stopping people from buying directly on Ticketmaster? I see tons of seats available already.Our section holds about 400, at kick-off there will likely be 600 in the section...lol

Joe Kool
11-07-2017, 05:00 PM
For those buying seats, this was on the Crew Bigsoccer forum "code for discounts takes those $50 tickets to $38 PLAYOFFS3"

ensco
11-07-2017, 06:29 PM
One thing that I think bit NYCFC in the ass, got Montreal last year, and very nearly got us in the NY tie, is losing focus in the second half of the first leg.

Teams keep getting the strategy in this situation wrong. It's not the end of a game, stop playing as though it is.

Use all three subs by the 70th minute. Get fresh legs out there. If the other guys are pressing to score, don't go into a shell. Get them on the counter.

TFC1154ever
11-07-2017, 06:29 PM
Can anyone link where to buy in the away section? Need to buy for a group of us going down.

Apparently 210 and 209 are sold out. 208 is about sold out too. Is that where TFC fans are buying? From 208-207?

ChristianTFC
11-07-2017, 07:19 PM
Does anyone know if there are busses going to Columbus for the game? Someone set up a bus last year that I found through the forum that went to Montreal. Was hoping to do the same this year

DinamoTFC
11-07-2017, 08:10 PM
Re-watching the nyrb game on pvr and my gosh Steven Caldwell is a tool. You'd never guess he's a tfc commentator. Sometimes I wonder what game is he watching.

UpTheReds
11-07-2017, 09:10 PM
Honestly we can win any game with one of Jozy, Giovinco or Vazquez on the pitch. We'll be okay.

Yes, I agree with that. If Vazquez influences this game I feel like away goals are still there to be had.

UpTheReds
11-07-2017, 09:19 PM
Can anyone link where to buy in the away section? Need to buy for a group of us going down.

Apparently 210 and 209 are sold out. 208 is about sold out too. Is that where TFC fans are buying? From 208-207? Got a call from someone with the Crew just before the knock out round looking to sell me tickets. He had my contact info on file from when I had organized some away trips in 2007 and 2008. He said I could call him for seats in the away end if we ended up playing them. Joseph at (614) 447-4282 (tel:(614) 447-4282).

JT Red127
11-07-2017, 09:20 PM

Apparently 210 and 209 are sold out. 208 is about sold out too. Is that where TFC fans are buying? From 208-207?

208 appears to be sold out now as well... Maybe just buy in 207 if you want to ensure you have tickets close. Looks like that whole upper corner will be TFC support.

scut farkus
11-07-2017, 10:17 PM
Called the ticket office at the Crew -- they're holding 210 and 209 for away support (for now). Then it may be up to TFC to distribute/sell. Tickets aren't available to the public yet -- guessing that they're figuring out the best way to offer them (supporters groups, etc.). I'm sure details will be made available soon.

GBV
11-07-2017, 10:50 PM
Re-watching the nyrb game on pvr and my gosh Steven Caldwell is a tool. You'd never guess he's a tfc commentator. Sometimes I wonder what game is he watching.

+1. The worst.

GlenM
11-07-2017, 10:52 PM
Called the ticket office at the Crew -- they're holding 210 and 209 for away support (for now). Then it may be up to TFC to distribute/sell. Tickets aren't available to the public yet -- guessing that they're figuring out the best way to offer them (supporters groups, etc.). I'm sure details will be made available soon.

scut farkus been to long man

Love it.

GlenM

scut farkus
11-07-2017, 11:08 PM
scut farkus been to long man

Love it.

GlenM

Haha! I'm always lurking around, Glen ;)
See you again in Columbus?

molenshtain
11-08-2017, 01:16 AM
The narrative of it all might set Bill Archer to spontaneously combust. I'm not sure many would be sorry for it.

Let this be his final Battle.

Blindside16
11-08-2017, 01:32 AM
Finals are clean slate. If he picks up another yellow at home against Columbus it is moot. If he picks up a red, however, I believe he is out.

That is correct. The only way to miss the final is via red card. Yellow card accumulation does not apply.

Joe Kool
11-08-2017, 07:34 AM

You know what....I really liked him as our defender. I met him before....super guy. Absolutely can't stand him as a commentator. Pisses me off all the time. Not sure if he is just trying to be so impartial that he ends up sounding anti-TFC at times. Every foul on TFC seems to be a soft foul where TFC go down to easy according to him.

pdogg
11-08-2017, 08:55 AM
Every foul on TFC seems to be a soft foul where TFC go down to easy according to him.

He's a defender. They all think people go down on light touches according them - they've been dealing with flopping and diving in the box their whole career, and getting fouled all the time with no calls. When a defender gets kicked, they can't go down and hope the ref calls the play, it could lead to a goal. A striker going down will just lead to a lost chance.

Not saying he isn't wrong, but that's the mindset.

ochos
11-08-2017, 09:30 AM
Our guys have been going down easy lately - especially Seba. Pretty much goes for contact each time and then throws himself on the ground. Not saying there's no fouls ever, nor that it's not a natural part of how he's adjusted to other teams defending against him... but for me it's becoming more and more difficult to defend our player's actions.

On a similar note, I think it's perfectly natural to get heated/emotional during big games, and to remonstrate, or even 'whine' a little bit. It's delusional to think that players are going to remain completely calm when they're playing in that high-pressure a situation. Regardless, I'm shocked Vasquez didn't receive a yellow for getting in the ref's face after the no-goal call... absolute terrible refereeing all game, but you can't do that.

Jozy... absolute embarrassment flopping like that on Kjlestan's push. We deserved to be hated on by the entire league for that one. F**king pathetic, really. If we're trying to convert more Toronto sports fans to soccer, that is not going going to set us back for years to come...

Areathrasher
11-08-2017, 09:38 AM
You know what....I really liked him as our defender. I met him before....super guy. Absolutely can't stand him as a commentator. Pisses me off all the time. Not sure if he is just trying to be so impartial that he ends up sounding anti-TFC at times. Every foul on TFC seems to be a soft foul where TFC go down to easy according to him.

Yea I echo this. Lovely bloke in person. On air he mixes "proper football man" and trying to be be impartial and it drives me mad.

DinamoTFC
11-08-2017, 10:03 AM

Completely agree. Bothers me when he calls a tfc foul soft but then the complete opposite for NY. Barely mentions or disagrees with our 2 disallowed goals. "Vazques has to ask the ref to take the free kick early." What the hell no he doesn't.

TheGoodson
11-08-2017, 10:03 AM
Our guys have been going down easy lately - especially Seba. Pretty much goes for contact each time and then throws himself on the ground. Not saying there's no fouls ever, nor that it's not a natural part of how he's adjusted to other teams defending against him... but for me it's becoming more and more difficult to defend our player's actions.

On a similar note, I think it's perfectly natural to get heated/emotional during big games, and to remonstrate, or even 'whine' a little bit. It's delusional to think that players are going to remain completely calm when they're playing in that high-pressure a situation. Regardless, I'm shocked Vasquez didn't receive a yellow for getting in the ref's face after the no-goal call... absolute terrible refereeing all game, but you can't do that.

Jozy... absolute embarrassment flopping like that on Kjlestan's push. We deserved to be hated on by the entire league for that one. F**king pathetic, really. If we're trying to convert more Toronto sports fans to soccer, that is not going going to set us back for years to come...

I really don't give a shit what any fan/announcers of this league thinks of us.... If you can't defend your own team then why are you a fan? What are they doing different then any other team would do or compared to teams in anywhere else in the world? They have done nothing wrong. The second part is a quite funny, as winning is what converts people nothing else...

I'm not sure what games you watch but Jozy and Seba get mauled game in and game out and the opposition knows that the ref will not call every single infraction. Jozy due to size is constantly held, grabbed and very rarely gets a call.. If the ref did call any game correctly the defenders would get cards for consistent infringement. But it doesn't happen as most teams wouldn't finish a game with 11 on the pitch. The play where Seba gets his yellow, every angle shows the RB player extending his arms to push him the back, how wasn't that a foul?

But the underlying problem is not our players, but the need for the MLS to some how develop and promote qualified refs.. The majority of what you outlined would not have happened if the Penso had control of the game..

Red4ever
11-08-2017, 10:27 AM
I really don't give a shit what any fan/announcers of this league thinks of us.... If you can't defend your own team then why are you a fan? What are they doing different then any other team would do or compared to teams in anywhere else in the world? They have done nothing wrong. The second part is a quite funny, as winning is what converts people nothing else...

I'm not sure what games you watch but Jozy and Seba get mauled game in and game out and the opposition knows that the ref will not call every single infraction. Jozy due to size is constantly held, grabbed and very rarely gets a call.. If the ref did call any game correctly the defenders would get cards for consistent infringement. But it doesn't happen as most teams wouldn't finish a game with 11 on the pitch. The play where Seba gets his yellow, every angle shows the RB player extending his arms to push him the back, how wasn't that a foul?

But the underlying problem is not our players, but the need for the MLS to some how develop and promote qualified refs.. The majority of what you outlined would not have happened if the Penso had control of the game..

All of this.

I play rec league. We have a best player who controls the midfield. When he gets hacked and grabbed it sets the tone. When they fouls aren't given despite a heel clip, players go down to sell it (ensure it's called). Then people get angry for diving. It is the same game everywhere.

I bring this up because when i'm running on net and someone throws a hip into my knee and arm into my chest, I can't stay up while going at the speed of a drunk turtle. Imagine doing it with the precision of a professional.

Ref of could have avoided all of this by calling the early clutch and kick fouls. Fuck him.

GlenM
11-08-2017, 10:49 AM
Haha! I'm always lurking around, Glen ;)
See you again in Columbus?

scut farkus,

Dam, it's a week day not sure atm but you never know.

I'll let you know if I go.

GlenM

hulkrogan
11-08-2017, 10:57 AM
Hey all, semi-urgent question, probably the wrong forum, so please forgive me. Are there away supporters tickets left? If so, is there someone I can call to expedite getting a RPB membership so I make sure I lock down tickets?

Flights are booked, and I'd really prefer to sit with you guys if possible, and tickets in the general area look to be running low on Ticketmaster.

ochos
11-08-2017, 10:59 AM
Agree to disagree. I fully outlined that I'm aware both players get hacked, and it doesn't take a genius to figure out the league has been cracking down on it since Giovinco joined the league. But from time-to-time, at least once a game, Giovinco gets a pretty soft call outside the box. And more frequently as of late, he's been really throwing himself down in the box. I understand his frustration, and as mentioned, I think the league needs to continue to work on protecting/encouraging skilled players.

The ref without a doubt was exceptionally poor last game. If he maintains control then yes, we don't see the issues happening that we saw that game. And for the record, everyone's aware the type of game the RB had come to play.

Defend my own team? If you condone Jozy's flop on Kljestan then I'm not sure what else to say. He got right up in his face. Utterly embarrassing and I stand by my comments.

TheSloanRanger
11-08-2017, 11:11 AM
Hey all, semi-urgent question, probably the wrong forum, so please forgive me. Are there away supporters tickets left? If so, is there someone I can call to expedite getting a RPB membership so I make sure I lock down tickets?

Flights are booked, and I'd really prefer to sit with you guys if possible, and tickets in the general area look to be running low on Ticketmaster.

210 thru 208 are sold out. seats in 207 are still available for purchase through ticketmaster.

InDa_110
11-08-2017, 11:45 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N6zFCl9SmN0

Safe travels to those heading down!

This is what it looked like 8 years ago.

Those were the great old days

gdg_9
11-08-2017, 11:52 AM
Trying to figure out travels details...

Anyone have any info on where TFC Supporters will be meeting before the game in Columbus?
Are there any buses being arranged from TO?

Rene Kingsriver
11-08-2017, 12:15 PM
Trying to figure out travels details...

Anyone have any info on where TFC Supporters will be meeting before the game in Columbus?
Are there any buses being arranged from TO?

I think the Inebriatti are running at least one bus, think its leaving TO at 5am, sorry I don't have any contact details for them though

hulkrogan
11-08-2017, 12:17 PM
210 thru 208 are sold out. seats in 207 are still available for purchase through ticketmaster.

Awesome! 207 it is. I hope I'm surrounded by a few TFC fans.

Davenport
11-08-2017, 01:34 PM

Best possible line-up and shape.

C.Ronaldo
11-08-2017, 01:38 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N6zFCl9SmN0

Safe travels to those heading down!

This is what it looked like 8 years ago.

Those were the great old days

those were great times. opened my eyes to what a shit hole city Columbus is :)

trane
11-08-2017, 02:06 PM

Congrats this is the first post that has angered me in several years. This is what I say.

FIRST FUCK EVERY ONE ELSE IN THE FUCKING LEAGUE. FUCK THE TEAMS. FUCK THE FANS. FUCK THE CITIES. TORONTO AGAINST THE FUCKING WORLD.

All I will say, is you must be fucking kidding me???? I am a defender and love a physical game, but the blind/biased refs have always let them hack Gio and Jozy and called the slightest touch on us. Jozy gets pushed and punched and tripped and when he muscles someone of the ball of his shoulder he gets called for the foul. Seba cannot help but get frustrated, not only do they not protect him as most leagues would protect their star players, they ignore him and punish him.

TheGoodson
11-08-2017, 02:20 PM
Congrats this is the first post that has angered me in several years. This is what I say.

FIRST FUCK EVERY ONE ELSE IN THE FUCKING LEAGUE. FUCK THE TEAMS. FUCK THE FANS. FUCK THE CITIES. TORONTO AGAINST THE FUCKING WORLD.

All I will say, is you must be fucking kidding me???? I am a defender and love a physical game, but the blind/biased refs have always let them hack Gio and Jozy and called the slightest touch on us. Jozy gets pushed and punched and tripped and when he muscles someone of the ball of his shoulder he gets called for the foul. Seba cannot help but get frustrated, not only do they not protect him as most leagues would protect their star players, they ignore him and punish him.

Trane... You sir are truly legendary.

denime
11-08-2017, 02:43 PM

Trane is back ! :)

ochos
11-08-2017, 02:46 PM
Haha sure thing guys. One of the reasons I haven't really come on this board the past few years. There's a small group of people who dominate all topics with their opinions. I don't take it personally. Just the way of the interwebs.

Jozy's flop was pathetic. Period. And Seba has been increasingly bratty. I'm sure I'd agree with you guys on most other subjects.

Peace out

ensco
11-08-2017, 02:52 PM
I love Trane’s posts, but I think ochos is correct in describing the lens through which the league will see this

denime
11-08-2017, 02:53 PM
Haha sure thing guys. One of the reasons I haven't really come on this board the past few years. There's a small group of people who dominate all topics with their opinions. I don't take it personally. Just the way of the interwebs.

Jozy's flop was pathetic. Period. And Seba has been increasingly bratty. I'm sure I'd agree with you guys on most other subjects.

Peace out

It was horrendous,real amateur moment for Jozzy

Canary10
11-08-2017, 02:59 PM
I think Jozy and Seba in particular lose calls now because they have a reputation for embellishing and talking back to refs. I agree with Trane instinctively but I yhink Ochos is right about how they are viewed.

ochos
11-08-2017, 02:59 PM
And one more thing (not to stir the pot) but what the hell was he trying to prove with that interview afterwards at the Raptor's game? "And he found out the hard way that he shouldn't do something like that." Like seriously, is that supposed to help the team get your red card rescinded? I can be as hot-headed, posturing of an SOB as anybody on the field, but that's why I'm not a pro... just silly and unnecessary

TFC Tifoso
11-08-2017, 03:56 PM
so if Klejstan was red carded on Jozy's flop, would it still have been pathetic?.....I doubt many would've seen it that way....

we've been burned so many times by the theatrics, and I have no problem with our guys "playing the game" if need be....

but its a matter of opinion I guess.....fine line between pathetic and gamesmanship, depending on what the result is.....

Fort York Redcoat
11-08-2017, 04:01 PM

Just to quote this again.

Also

Converts? Worried about converts? LOL so last decade

boom boom clap solves it all;)

ochos
11-08-2017, 04:17 PM
Just to quote this again.

Also

Converts? Worried about converts? LOL so last decade

boom boom clap solves it all;)

Touché! Seriously, yes winning and sexy, silky football has brought the fans back in droves. But diving/embellishing injuries just drives me batty.

I could care less about converting 'Toronto Sun reading, Tim Horton's swigging Daryl', who loves his hockey like a good Canadian kid. But at some point we as a collective have to agree to that the play-acting that goes on in most of the rest of the world is just poisonous for the game and needs to be rid of for good. I'm in favour of using VAR to harshly punishing diving, with fines and suspensions. Easier said than done I know, but one can dream...

trane
11-08-2017, 05:04 PM
It is a vicious cycle, if the refs do not call, then the players feel like they have to embellish to get a call. And yes Jozy seems to have flopped on the push, but it was a reaction to the ref losing hold of the game.

How about using VAR for the clear goal.

Canary10
11-08-2017, 05:53 PM
It is a vicious cycle, if the refs do not call, then the players feel like they have to embellish to get a call. And yes Jozy seems to have flopped on the push, but it was a reaction to the ref losing hold of the game.

Which one?

OgtheDim
11-08-2017, 06:49 PM
How about we freaking score without worrying about VAR? We had so many chances that went wide or an inch off.

We are due a ton of goals.

denime
11-08-2017, 07:29 PM
How about we freaking score without worrying about VAR? We had so many chances that went wide or an inch off.

We are due a ton of goals.

We scored 2 legit goals last game,so why the fuck they implemented VAR if its useless.

TFC123ABC
11-08-2017, 11:14 PM

I'm in 207 as well. See you there!

PAOK17
11-08-2017, 11:18 PM

Peace out
The reason why we even have diving in the sport, at least the majority of times, is because the referees don't see the actual infraction and will only make a call when they see a player fall down. As bad as Jozy's flop may have been, we should not forget that Kleijsten's shove to his chest was on its own a red card offence, which I have seen given at the professional level. Fouls, yellow cards, red cards, etc, are not judged solely on the impact on the fouled player, but mostly depends on the intent of the player.

If I go into a tackle studs up, at knee height, and my opponent has to jump up and over my legs to avoid contact, even if I don't make contact doesn't mean I shouldn't be given a red card. Likewise, you don't need to knock a guy out unconscious to be red carded for an elbow to the head. In Sacha's case, his shove is not even a soccer play, and it's when the play is dead. Had Jozy not fallen, would anyone have even noticed what happened?

If Sacha has a problem with his opponents "going down a little easy" when he shoves them...maybe next time, don't shove your opponent. Just a thought.

Blindside16
11-09-2017, 01:14 AM

I don't think that will be a problem. Rumour has it that 1,000+ tickets have been picked up by traveling TFC support.

Blindside16
11-09-2017, 01:15 AM

This!! Last game proves that it is us against the world.

Blindside16
11-09-2017, 01:29 AM
Touché! Seriously, yes winning and sexy, silky football has brought the fans back in droves. But diving/embellishing injuries just drives me batty.

I could care less about converting 'Toronto Sun reading, Tim Horton's swigging Daryl', who loves his hockey like a good Canadian kid. But at some point we as a collective have to agree to that the play-acting that goes on in most of the rest of the world is just poisonous for the game and needs to be rid of for good. I'm in favour of using VAR to harshly punishing diving, with fines and suspensions. Easier said than done I know, but one can dream...

I agree with your sentiment regarding diving, I can't stand it either, but I think with respects to last game the ref is the root cause of everything that unfolded. I agree 100% that Jozy flopped hard on the push, but there was a long build up to that. The elbow to the face he received that went uncalled. Then about 5 minutes prior to the dive, I can't recall if it was a Bono goal kick or a long free kick was played up to Jozy, while the ball was in mid flight Adams (from behind) wrapped both arms around Jozy's chest, locked hands and pulled him sideways prior to the ball arriving. That asshat Penso was staring right at it as was the linesman and both waved play on. Meanwhile if Jozy so much as sneezed near a RB player it was a foul. So even though I disagree with the dive, I understand he had gotten to a point of "Will you please fucking call something!!"

As for Seba, he does go down easy at times, but I only saw 1 time in my opinion that he truly dove and that was the 2 minutes after he received a yellow. I believe it might have been the foul that set up Vazquez's free kick goal. The rest he was getting chopped and pushed. On the no penalty call, Waking the Red has a photo essay, check out photos 8 - 12 and tell me that is not a penalty.

https://www.wakingthered.com/2017/11/8/16624812/toronto-fc-photo-essay-new-york-red-bulls-gallery#8

Yes diving is a part of the game that needs to be eliminated somehow, but when there are situations that cause the build up, you can understand why players need to do so.

razor787
11-09-2017, 01:45 AM
The reason why we even have diving in the sport, at least the majority of times, is because the referees don't see the actual infraction and will only make a call when they see a player fall down. As bad as Jozy's flop may have been, we should not forget that Kleijsten's shove to his chest was on its own a red card offence, which I have seen given at the professional level. Fouls, yellow cards, red cards, etc, are not judged solely on the impact on the fouled player, but mostly depends on the intent of the player.

If I go into a tackle studs up, at knee height, and my opponent has to jump up and over my legs to avoid contact, even if I don't make contact doesn't mean I shouldn't be given a red card. Likewise, you don't need to knock a guy out unconscious to be red carded for an elbow to the head. In Sacha's case, his shove is not even a soccer play, and it's when the play is dead. Had Jozy not fallen, would anyone have even noticed what happened?

If Sacha has a problem with his opponents "going down a little easy" when he shoves them...maybe next time, don't shove your opponent. Just a thought.

If I'm not wrong, I remember that after the push on Jozy, Sacha walked away and Bradley came up. And you can see Sacha put his hands on Bradley, and give another small push.

It proves your point exactly. Nobody noticed the second push, because Bradley didn't "sell" it. Jozy however, made it known he was pushed.

OgtheDim
11-09-2017, 06:18 AM

This seems to have been completely forgotten by the anti-Jozy crowds in the US.

trane
11-09-2017, 07:09 AM
This!! Last game proves that it is us against the world.

It really feels like it.

Canary10
11-09-2017, 08:37 AM
On The MLS and other websites the gist of the comments are that Jozy and Michael are responsible for the US not making the World Cup and so... Jozy was responsible for all the shit that happened against NYRB and should be suspended for the next game. That's literally the argument. It is against US soccer fans now.

Oldtimer
11-09-2017, 08:57 AM
^ nobody likes us, we don't care.

Red4ever
11-09-2017, 09:18 AM
On The MLS and other websites the gist of the comments are that Jozy and Michael are responsible for the US not making the World Cup and so... Jozy was responsible for all the shit that happened against NYRB and should be suspended for the next game. That's literally the argument. It is against US soccer fans now.

Case in point.

10 times Jozy Altidore was caught being an asshole. Huh. (http://https://golazojuice.wordpress.com/2017/11/07/jozy-ass-tidore-10-times-jozy-altidore-was-caught-being-an-asshole/)

The reddit thread (https://www.reddit.com/r/MLS/comments/7bowrq/10_times_jozy_altidore_was_caught_being_an_ahole/)for it is way worse. Just Mericans blaming Jozy rather than Merica because they can't Merica next summer.

What I actually found interesting is it looks like Adams kicks out at Giovinco. I hadn't see that before.

UpTheReds
11-09-2017, 09:40 AM
Everyone is against us.....and its glorious. I think having the rest of the league and supporters against us with just galvanize this unit. I also think the adversity we experienced against NYRB will serve us well going forward. Last year everything came so easy in the playoffs for the most part. The last tie was an absolute war and left us scarred. I think that's a good thing going forward.

DinamoTFC
11-09-2017, 10:45 AM

Unfortunately I've seen this alot during my time as a competitive player and as a recreational player. Whenever I try to "man up" and stay on my feet eventhough I am being fouled, I never get the call. But as soon as I fall I get the call.

It's a double edge sword but I understand why the players do it. I blame it on the refs who aren't consistent and don't call the foul in the first place.

DinamoTFC
11-09-2017, 10:49 AM
We scored 2 legit goals last game,so why the fuck they implemented VAR if its useless.

It boggles my mind the lack of VAR used last game. You can only put it down to incompetent refs I think. Maybe stupid rules. The fact VAR was used on Drew Moor vs Atl and nothing used against NYRB is crazy.

MightyDM
11-09-2017, 11:23 AM
Looking ahead rather than behind, I think we will see Varney employ tactics than nullify the strengths of Columbus, in the same way he employed tactics against NYRB that nullified their strengths (ie pressing, so we gave them the ball up field and pressed them). Columbus relies on Higuain, so disrupting the middle will be important. I wouldn't be surprised if we see a 4-5-1. Osorio will almost certainly start. And in that 4-5-1 look for some width and pace, either hasler or edwards. Personally, I love cheyrou but I'd be very surprised if he starts over Osorio given the way Oso is playing and how Vanney has been using him.
If we can weather the first 15 minutes, I think we are looking good for a result there.

MightyDM
11-09-2017, 11:35 AM
Indeed. In fact, the moor call drives me crazy because it couldn't be seen in real time by anyone, the touch was so miniscule, yet the system encourages review: versus the touch on sebas shot for example, or these two goals. It is structured in a way that actually makes the game less fair, since some things are subject to microscopic review and others are not.

Joe Kool
11-09-2017, 11:39 AM
I find it funny that some Columbus fans are whining because they think Vazquez should have a red card for touching the ref last game too and they say MLS it trying to make sure they lose by not giving Vazquez the red. Interesting conspiracy theory. We already lost Giovinco and Altidore and these fans seem still scared about Columbus playing TFC and want more of our players out for the next game. Haha. I hope like hell we shut them out.

Joe Kool
11-09-2017, 11:41 AM
Indeed. In fact, the moor call drives me crazy because it couldn't be seen in real time by anyone, the touch was so miniscule, yet the system encourages review: versus the touch on sebas shot for example, or these two goals. It is structured in a way that actually makes the game less fair, since some things are subject to microscopic review and others are not.

Exactly. I agree. Deciding when to use VAR and when not to is just as unfair as the possible missed calls. I thought VAR would make it better but it has been too inconsistent for my liking.

cincy
11-09-2017, 12:40 PM
Bought some tickets in 207

trist15
11-09-2017, 12:51 PM
Bought some tickets in 207

should i buy in 208?

Initial B
11-09-2017, 12:53 PM
I'd like to see a "War of 1812 2017" banner posted at BMO next game.

OgtheDim
11-09-2017, 01:08 PM
Pah...they were chearing Bradly for the goal in the Azteca. They were loudly happy for Alitdore's passing and goal against Costa Rica.

Our team is better. We should win both games. It will be tough sledding against a pretty good offence but I stack our backline against their's anytime.

And, Bradley is right.

Our stadium

Our weather

Our supporters

Our city

I'd have it no other way. Let em hate away, the fools.

JT Red127
11-09-2017, 01:11 PM

Why? I don't think that makes much sense.

denime
11-09-2017, 01:13 PM
should i buy in 208?

if there are tickets available ,yes otherwise go 207

cincy
11-09-2017, 01:22 PM
should i buy in 208? I could only get 207

trist15
11-09-2017, 01:56 PM
I could only get 207

still seeing some in 208, row 3

cincy
11-09-2017, 02:29 PM
still seeing some in 208, row 3
Those are resale, you're paying a premium. Buy them if you want I guess.

MightyDM
11-09-2017, 02:55 PM
Something like:

Ricketts
Edwards - Vasquez - Bradley - Osorio - Delgado
Morrow - Malinga - Moor - Beitashour

Or

Ricketts
Morrow-Vasquez-Bradley-Oso-Delgado-Beita

Mavinga - Moor - Zavaleta

trane
11-09-2017, 02:59 PM
Exactly. I agree. Deciding when to use VAR and when not to is just as unfair as the possible missed calls. I thought VAR would make it better but it has been too inconsistent for my liking.

The VAR official should look at every goal. At the very least that should be consistent.

trane
11-09-2017, 03:00 PM
I find it funny that some Columbus fans are whining because they think Vazquez should have a red card for touching the ref last game too and they say MLS it trying to make sure they lose by not giving Vazquez the red. Interesting conspiracy theory. We already lost Giovinco and Altidore and these fans seem still scared about Columbus playing TFC and want more of our players out for the next game. Haha. I hope like hell we shut them out.

hahahhah. Too much. Well maybe Morrow should also be suspended and Moor. Just to make things more even.

Funny, the MLSsoccer.com commentary has talked about Crew as a team of desitiny.

trane
11-09-2017, 03:01 PM
Unfortunately I've seen this alot during my time as a competitive player and as a recreational player. Whenever I try to "man up" and stay on my feet eventhough I am being fouled, I never get the call. But as soon as I fall I get the call.

It's a double edge sword but I understand why the players do it. I blame it on the refs who aren't consistent and don't call the foul in the first place.

Yep.

GuelphStorm2007
11-09-2017, 04:54 PM
I agree Fuck everybody else After Sunday it is us v the World and I hope Vanney and the boys use that as motivation

rydermike
11-09-2017, 04:58 PM

I wonder if FIFA would benefit from the 2-referee system like the NHL. In regards to the lack of consistency fouls, I think many of them also occur because of perspective of the referee. If the referee is behind the play, he doesn't even see a push to the back because the person who is pushing is in the way, but a second ref on the other side would see it. I get this a linesman job as well, but linesmen have their own half plus have to stick with the last defender. A push to the back near the sideline with the ref behind the play and the lineman all the way at the other end goes unnoticed simply because there is no one to see it and the ref has to make a guess: foul or dive based on no visible evidence

General Woolfe
11-09-2017, 05:00 PM
Always knew that was going to be a tough series, much like this next one.

Assuming Altidore and Gio are both out, one would think that we will see Tosaint take up one of the forward spots... who else gets in?

Edwards?
Hamilton?
Spencer?
Endoh?

Or are we going to see a midfielder take up the spot like we've seen in the past with either Osorio, Vazquez or even Chapman.

Unlike in previous years, our midfield and wingbacks have the ability to get the forwards good looks on net and so we're not entirely reliant on our forward group. With that, I still think we can take something out of Columbus away. Enjoy the game for all you will be going!
I’d rather we played it cautiously and go with Ricketts up front alone and Vazquez in an advanced midfield role. Possibly bringing in Cheyrou to play alongside Bradley and Delgado and our standard back five

Stimpy
11-09-2017, 05:19 PM
I'm in 207 as well. See you there!

Is there a bus going down?

GuelphStorm2007
11-09-2017, 05:29 PM
In all the years I have been watching MLS . I have seen players like Donavan, Beckham , Dempsey get the calls yet I am seeing Gio and Altidore get Hacked and nothing gets called . Starting to piss me off . Like I aid in my prevouis post Hopefully Vanney uses this as motivation for his team

MightyDM
11-09-2017, 07:34 PM
The other way to set up against Columbus is to attack their weaknesses, instead of defending against their strengths. So attack the defence:

Ricketts
Edwards - Vasquez - Bradley - Osorio- Delgado - Hasler
Hagglund - Moor - Zavaleta

or

Ricketts
Edwards - Vasquez - Bradley - Hasler
Morrow - Mavinga - Moor - Zavaleta - Beitashour

risky, but the pace of Edwards and Ricketts with the crossing of Hasler and Vasquez would be awesome

Richard
11-09-2017, 08:04 PM
In all the years I have been watching MLS . I have seen players like Donavan, Beckham , Dempsey get the calls yet I am seeing Gio and Altidore get Hacked and nothing gets called . Starting to piss me off . Like I aid in my prevouis post Hopefully Vanney uses this as motivation for his team

Well for Giovinco you have the Italian stigma attached to him, and for Altidore its the issue that he is such a physical beast that makes ref weary of giving him calls which is bullshit.

daner90
11-09-2017, 10:31 PM
Only 12 or 13 seats left in 207 now. Hop on board while you can, the Red Army is coming!!!

TFC1154ever
11-10-2017, 12:52 AM
Just bought 5 in section 207. Buddy of mine is going with 6 more. So TFC fans should have 4 sections to ourselves.

Blindside16
11-10-2017, 02:08 AM

The same point was raised during last years Conference finals in the 2nd leg. I think it was Cooper was running for a ball in the box, Bush came out and initiated contact but because Cooper stayed on his feet and tried to finish the chance it was ruled no penalty. Even the commentators (the American ones not Wileman and Caldwell) said it should have been a penalty regardless whether the player goes down or not. A foul is a foul. The lack of consistency by all officials is very annoying.

Blindside16
11-10-2017, 02:18 AM
I wonder if FIFA would benefit from the 2-referee system like the NHL. In regards to the lack of consistency fouls, I think many of them also occur because of perspective of the referee. If the referee is behind the play, he doesn't even see a push to the back because the person who is pushing is in the way, but a second ref on the other side would see it. I get this a linesman job as well, but linesmen have their own half plus have to stick with the last defender. A push to the back near the sideline with the ref behind the play and the lineman all the way at the other end goes unnoticed simply because there is no one to see it and the ref has to make a guess: foul or dive based on no visible evidence

I would like to see them at least trial this. It was mentioned somewhere else on this forum (I cannot recall which post or who brought it up) but you would have 1 official responsible for each half. That way both teams each have both officials in their respective attacking and defending ends. Why with how the game has evolved, they would want to put that much responsibility on 3 officials is beyond me.

Blindside16
11-10-2017, 02:20 AM
Looking ahead rather than behind, I think we will see Varney employ tactics than nullify the strengths of Columbus, in the same way he employed tactics against NYRB that nullified their strengths (ie pressing, so we gave them the ball up field and pressed them). Columbus relies on Higuain, so disrupting the middle will be important. I wouldn't be surprised if we see a 4-5-1. Osorio will almost certainly start. And in that 4-5-1 look for some width and pace, either hasler or edwards. Personally, I love cheyrou but I'd be very surprised if he starts over Osorio given the way Oso is playing and how Vanney has been using him.
If we can weather the first 15 minutes, I think we are looking good for a result there.

I am with you there. We MUST get out of the first 15 minutes. They will be coming out swinging I believe. We need to weather the storm and pick our spots. If we can get an early goal to suck the crowd out of it even better. If we he 15-20 minutes still tied or ahead, we will be coming home with a very positive result.

UpTheReds
11-10-2017, 09:19 AM
Bought 3 in 207. It's Niagara boys making all that noise!!! Does anyone know if we have to register banners with the Crew to put them up? Also, where is everyone meeting up pre-match?

JT Red127
11-10-2017, 09:53 AM
Bought 3 in 207. It's Niagara boys making all that noise!!! Does anyone know if we have to register banners with the Crew to put them up? Also, where is everyone meeting up pre-match?

For anyone staying downtown the Three Legged Mare (http://www.threeleggedmare.com) is a good option for a pre-match meetup.

C.Ronaldo
11-10-2017, 11:56 AM
Well for Giovinco you have the Italian stigma attached to him, and for Altidore its the issue that he is such a physical beast that makes ref weary of giving him calls which is bullshit.

Lets see if Ricketts gets the calls, he is big boy too

jabbronies
11-10-2017, 12:10 PM
Just curious - How much were tickets for the CBus game?
Just trying to compare it to our ticket prices

TheGoodson
11-10-2017, 12:15 PM

I'm sorry this is bullshit.... All players dive this narrative that only Italians dive is incredibly biased and BS. American players dive, English players dive, Spanish players dive, Central and South Americans players dive etc...

At the end of the day the ref has to call the games by rules if they can't because of inherent biases or just plain incompetence they should not be there.

cincy
11-10-2017, 12:15 PM
45$ US all in

TheGoodson
11-10-2017, 12:16 PM

away section is $40 US each plus service charges, 2 tickets cost me with service charges from ticket master and conversion $119 Canadian

Initial B
11-10-2017, 12:32 PM

Why? I don't think that makes much sense.

Hmm, the 1812 was supposed to have a strike-through when I pasted it in. I guess the board doesn't support that font?

ChristianTFC
11-10-2017, 02:13 PM
Has anyone here booked with TFC on the road before? Was looking into booking with them for transportation but just wanted to make sure they were okay

C.Ronaldo
11-10-2017, 03:22 PM
Hmm, the 1812 was supposed to have a strike-through when I pasted it in. I guess the board doesn't support that font?

good idea, but the last thing Id want is a discussion over war history with the Mericans. you usually end up discussing some hollywood version of it

OgtheDim
11-10-2017, 03:44 PM
Well that and our side lost the battle of Lake Erie....

Kaz
11-10-2017, 04:35 PM
Well that and our side lost the battle of Lake Erie....

Ya if we were playing say Detroit or even DC a war of 1812 reference might be right.. but for Columbus? not really.

Toronto's participation in the war of course was basically... getting blown up. Not really something one should want to brag about.. particularly when the stadium is very near the landing point the Americans used at the Battle of Fort York. (just a few hundred meters off shore)

Richard
11-10-2017, 10:28 PM
I'm sorry this is bullshit.... All players dive this narrative that only Italians dive is incredibly biased and BS. American players dive, English players dive, Spanish players dive, Central and South Americans players dive etc...

At the end of the day the ref has to call the games by rules if they can't because of inherent biases or just plain incompetence they should not be there.

I don't disagree, just saying that the stigma exists.

Initial B
11-11-2017, 09:49 AM
^^ I wasn't thinking of referencing specifically Columbus in such a banner, I was just thinking about the comment trane made about it being TFC against the rest of the league and how they don't want us to succeed because they really don't want to come here to freeze their nuts off in December again. Remember the angst in the media south of the border when the Jays brought the World Series trophy out of the US for the first time? I want to see that again...

Detroit_TFC
11-12-2017, 11:43 AM
Speaking of nut freezes, prepare accordingly for C-bus. Cold but dry. "Shirts off for the TFC!" may become "First 3 layers off for the TFC!"
"

hulkrogan
11-12-2017, 03:03 PM
Speaking of nut freezes, prepare accordingly for C-bus. Cold but dry. "Shirts off for the TFC!" may become "First 3 layers off for the TFC!"
"

This makes no sense. Cold and dry is way more comfortable than cold and humid.

UpTheReds
11-12-2017, 08:01 PM
Just booked the hotel! Reds on tour!

DinamoTFC
11-13-2017, 09:34 AM
Check out this blatant foul on Giovinco from past NYRB game - courtesy of Waking the Red blog site.

The push occurs right in front of Chris Penso and he doesnt even make a call. The numerous dirty fouls on Seba probably led to him blowing a gasket later on. Altidore also was nearby and witnessed this foul. So when Giovinco fouled Tyler Adams later in the game and Adams secretly tried to kick back at Giovinco as they were falling - Altidore went nuts on Adams. Kinda puts things into a bit of perspective from that emotional day.

https://streamable.com/gj5wm - Direct video

https://www.wakingthered.com/toronto-fc/2017/11/13/16629826/toronto-fc-sebastian-giovinco-new-york-red-bulls-mls-playoffs - article

James17930
11-13-2017, 10:49 AM
What the hell is taking DisCo so long? Are they purposely dragging this out or something?

charlieocc
11-13-2017, 11:10 AM
Check out this blatant foul on Giovinco from past NYRB game - courtesy of Waking the Red blog site.

The push occurs right in front of Chris Penso and he doesnt even make a call. The numerous dirty fouls on Seba probably led to him blowing a gasket later on. Altidore also was nearby and witnessed this foul. So when Giovinco fouled Tyler Adams later in the game and Adams secretly tried to kick back at Giovinco as they were falling - Altidore went nuts on Adams. Kinda puts things into a bit of perspective from that emotional day.

https://streamable.com/gj5wm - Direct video

https://www.wakingthered.com/toronto-fc/2017/11/13/16629826/toronto-fc-sebastian-giovinco-new-york-red-bulls-mls-playoffs - article

Yeah that Adams push was just so weird and completely uncalled for

Richard
11-13-2017, 12:04 PM
I just realized this games still more than a week away. Great way for MLS to kill any excitement.

Canary10
11-13-2017, 03:19 PM
I just realized this games still more than a week away. Great way for MLS to kill any excitement.

International breaks are the worst in my opinion. I much prefer watching club football.

OgtheDim
11-13-2017, 04:27 PM
Watching Switzerland vs. Northern Ireland was painful.

UpTheReds
11-13-2017, 09:15 PM
https://youtu.be/QUUOLFAbJ6A

Highlight of the international break for me. Irish fans in Denmark outside Victoria Secret. 😂

TheSloanRanger
11-13-2017, 09:23 PM
https://youtu.be/QUUOLFAbJ6A

Highlight of the international break for me. Irish fans in Denmark outside Victoria Secret. 

brilliant

magmadragon
11-13-2017, 11:23 PM
For those of us not making the trek to Columbus, any chance the shield can make an appearance at Joe's?

Blindside16
11-14-2017, 06:10 AM
What the hell is taking DisCo so long? Are they purposely dragging this out or something?

Bez was on Landsberg in the morning on Monday and said that he hopes/expects to hear from DisCo today. Fingers crossed it falls in our favour.

BelfastBoy
11-14-2017, 08:20 AM
Watching Switzerland vs. Northern Ireland was painful.

:facepalm::drinking:

Derko
11-14-2017, 09:11 AM
Bez was on Landsberg in the morning on Monday and said that he hopes/expects to hear from DisCo today. Fingers crossed it falls in our favour.

I have no faith in appeals processes, PRO will uphold the decisions

Waterboy
11-14-2017, 09:17 AM

do you have tickets info yet? need 2

Derko
11-14-2017, 09:21 AM

Look in the ticket trader thread

FootBallAZ
11-14-2017, 10:24 AM

Pre sale opened at 10 AM- I was able to get two pair each, plus my seasons.
I believe public sale starts at 4PM eastern, I think they did mention 1PM but that i assume was in error- meaning to be for 10 AM

Good luck, i have access but maxed the amount of tickets on my one card.
will check at 4pm to see what new tickets become available.

Captain
11-14-2017, 10:31 AM
I believe public sale starts at 4PM eastern, I think they did mention 1PM but that i assume was in error- meaning to be for 10 AM

I got an extra pair in this pre-sale as well. I just checked and I could still get tickets if I wanted. The tickets don't seem to be going as fast as last year.

Tunnelred
11-14-2017, 10:39 AM
I went back in and seems to only be singles available. Might be why there is still availability. Either way, I’m kinda surprised there are still some available.

JT Red127
11-14-2017, 11:03 AM

10am is season seat holder presale.
1pm is presale if you have the TFC app, or signed up for Toronto till i die.
4pm is general sale.

UpTheReds
11-14-2017, 12:26 PM
I got 3 in the first row of 131. Is that the temporary seating? How is the view from there? Anyone know?

Red4ever
11-14-2017, 12:29 PM
Can we post in the right threads? Or create one?

Sorry to be the "post in right thread guy"

Canuckistan
11-14-2017, 03:18 PM
Any meetups before and after the game?

JT Red127
11-14-2017, 03:37 PM

I know the Three Legged Mare has been a meetup spot in the past, pretty decent spot.

TheSloanRanger
11-14-2017, 04:53 PM
4th street bar and grill sounds like the winner. Half price beers on Tuesdays

trist15
11-14-2017, 07:50 PM

sounds like the place

surtandoom
11-14-2017, 10:50 PM
Hey all. I bought a single ticket with the intention of heading to Columbus for the first leg but I am no longer able to go so I have a single for sale:

Section 210, Row 6, Seat 14 Visiting Supporters - $36.00

It's $36 USD so if it ends up going to waste it's not the end of the world but if anyone is looking for a ticket, let me know. I'll take the best offer I get and I'm certainly not looking for more than face value.

James17930
11-15-2017, 11:04 AM
Okay seriously, what the almighty fuck is taking so long with this friggin' DisCo ruling? Are they consulting the oracles or something? It's been a week and a half! How does it take to watch a security video?

It makes me think something fishy is going on.

JT Red127
11-15-2017, 12:09 PM

Is this where a lot of people are going? Isn't it the main Crew Supporter bar?

Oblio2
11-15-2017, 01:03 PM
Ok, so no Jozy then as the decision was upheld.

PizzaEatingYeti
11-15-2017, 01:30 PM

Let's be honest about this: almost nobody expected on this forum the 1 game suspension to be lifted.
What's a lot worse, there's a serious chance Jozy will get 1 or even 2 extra games suspension.

Ultra & Proud
11-15-2017, 01:33 PM

Not surprising. I think they would have held it up even if they had a camera on him taking a dump in the restroom during the hallway scuffle.

Oblio2
11-15-2017, 03:14 PM
Let's be honest about this: almost nobody expected on this forum the 1 game suspension to be lifted.
What's a lot worse, there's a serious chance Jozy will get 1 or even 2 extra games suspension.

If its violent conduct, I think he gets another 2 games.

Dv23
11-15-2017, 03:34 PM
Just grabbed fifteen tickets in 205. Was honestly not expecting to go to this game, but the opportunity presented itself and a big group of us decided to head down. Hopefully we'll be able to shuffle our way over to the rest of you at 210-207. Can't wait.

MightyDM
11-15-2017, 04:19 PM
It's a very real risk. I think that is why TFC appealed

DinamoTFC
11-15-2017, 04:56 PM
http://www.tsn.ca/radio/audio/bradley-altidore-did-not-deserve-red-card-or-to-be-suspended-1.916484

Click the link to listen to Michael Bradley today on TSN 1050 radio being interviewed and explaining what exactly happneed in tunnel club area.

Pretty much sounds like Canadian ref Silviu Petrescu is a complete moron. And the independentire panel and MLS are no better.

James17930
11-16-2017, 01:42 AM
Well at least we finally know now. Time to get on with the business.

Can't wait for next week!

Hamilton_Red
11-16-2017, 02:27 AM
On what planet did it make sense for the games not to be played on the weekends? MLS is exasperating sometimes...often...

Blindside16
11-16-2017, 06:00 AM
So this game takes yet another twist. It looks like the final nail in the Crew to Austin coffin was hammered in last night as the city basically told Precourt to shove it and they are refuse any future communications. The emotion level in this game will be very high. We have to keep our heads, play tight at the back and make our chances count.

https://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2017/11/15/crew-sc-ownership-statement-meeting-columbus-mayor-mls

OgtheDim
11-16-2017, 06:22 AM
On what planet did it make sense for the games not to be played on the weekends? MLS is exasperating sometimes...often...

TV ratings last season were significantly up for midweek playoff games at this stage.

CBTFC
11-16-2017, 07:00 AM
We'll have had 16 days between games. Sorry but this Int'l break just completely takes any and all wind out of the playoff hype sails.

Weather issues/etc aside, the playoffs just simply run on far too long.

(sorry for the saltiness, but I'm super sour about the whole Jozy thing)

cmonyoureds
11-16-2017, 08:28 AM
http://www.tsn.ca/radio/audio/bradley-altidore-did-not-deserve-red-card-or-to-be-suspended-1.916484

Click the link to listen to Michael Bradley today on TSN 1050 radio being interviewed and explaining what exactly happneed in tunnel club area.

Pretty much sounds like Canadian ref Silviu Petrescu is a complete moron. And the independentire panel and MLS are no better.

WOW. HOLY CRAP.
He's walking a very fine line with some of his comments.
I mean, if what he's saying is true, and no reason to think it's not, this is a bona fide scre* job.

UpTheReds
11-16-2017, 09:13 AM
Petrescu and Toledo tow the line of incompetence amongst the refs in this league. Add Penso to that list now. With him and Petrescu both involved it was always going to be a complete disaster. Let’s just hope things don’t get out of hand in Columbus.

tfcfan2011
11-16-2017, 10:54 AM
Petrescu and Toledo tow the line of incompetence amongst the refs in this league. Add Penso to that list now. With him and Petrescu both involved it was always going to be a complete disaster. Let’s just hope things don’t get out of hand in Columbus.

Don't expect anything in our favour from VAR in Columbus with Gantar in that role. He's another PRO gem.

DinamoTFC
11-16-2017, 03:45 PM
Don't expect anything in our favour from VAR in Columbus with Gantar in that role. He's another PRO gem.

Looks like we get Jair Marrufo as ref for the second leg at BMO. He's one of the better ones.

SoccMan2
11-17-2017, 07:44 PM
We are missing two of our best players , who are we kidding boys this is not good, name me any team in the world that goes into a big game away from home with its two best players missing and their fans still think it should not be a problem, this is not good and I’m not seeing a happy ending here, with Columbus on a role and with the threat of relocation has so much incentive behind them, this could get ugly and by the time this series gets back to BMO I’m getting the feeling this series will already be over I’m thinking a 3 to 4 nothing drubbing by Columbus in the first game, this is not the regular season it’s the fucken playoffs you can’t go into fucken Columbus without your two of your best players and expect to get a result that keeps you in the series with a realistic chance in the second game at BMO missing these two players is not good .

GerMc
11-17-2017, 08:02 PM
We are missing two of our best players , who are we kidding boys this is not good, name me any team in the world that goes into a big game away from home with its two best players missing and their fans still think it should not be a problem, this is not good and I’m not seeing a happy ending here, with Columbus on a role and with the threat of relocation has so much incentive behind them, this could get ugly and by the time this series gets back to BMO I’m getting the feeling this series will already be over I’m thinking a 3 to 4 nothing drubbing by Columbus in the first game, this is not the regular season it’s the fucken playoffs you can’t go into fucken Columbus without your two of your best players and expect to get a result that keeps you in the series with a realistic chance in the second game at BMO missing these two players is not good .

Except that even without our two best players, we are still better than Columbus...

Richard
11-17-2017, 08:49 PM
Also lets not forget that we have the best defense in the league, yes SKC got a better GA but they didn't play the offensive game we do.

Defense win championships, its time for our defense to step in a prove that we are the best.

DinamoTFC
11-17-2017, 09:28 PM
I re-watched both games Vs NYRB and I've come to the conclusion that as long as Mavinga is healthy we'll be just fine. This man is a beast, wins everything and by far our best defensive player. In both games , As soon as he got banged up in the first leg and got substituted in the 2nd leg we became shakey in the back.

A healthy Mavinga i predict a draw or 1 goal win in columbus. Ricketts and vazquez will offer a lot of movement up top which is enough for a goal.

Hamilton_Red
11-17-2017, 09:58 PM
I predict goals from Rickets and Morrow. 2-0 to the Reds! :scarf:

PAOK17
11-17-2017, 11:50 PM
Like most of you, I have been watching this team since Day 1. We didn't score until our 5th match. We later went on to break the record of having the longest goal drought. The number of times we gave up leads in the last 15 minutes, the debacle at Giants stadium, the Winters and Cochraines. I was there when 1500 TFC fans went mad in Columbus when we got a draw off an on-goal. We had a revolving door of players and coaches. Defoe begged to leave.

And now we have one of the best MLS teams ever!

The league can allow our players be abused. They can suspend our top strikers. Sure, I say, go ahead. It shouldn't phase us. We've seen it all with this club.

Oh they're taking out Altidore and Giovinco? Thanks for poking the bear. We have Rickets hungry to go in, and he's backed up by local boys like Osorio, Edwards, and Hamilton - all of which can lift weight of our crest.

We have our travelling support, and the team will feed off of it. In the return leg, BMO will be as loud as ever. We will play our part, and the players will play theirs.

Don't worry guys, we got this.

hulkrogan
11-18-2017, 11:16 AM
Living on the other side of the country, getting to see TFC play live is a rare treat for me. After never having seem them score a goal in person in Portland, LA, Toronto and Montreal (although that one was 0-0 to win the Voyager's Cup) I will try my luck in Columbus.

This time expectations of a goal are already low, missing our top two strikers, but to finally see one in these circumstances would be all the sweeter. Sorry for those who think I'm bringing my personal curse, I prefer to think of it as "I'm due". :p

:scarf:

InDa_110
11-18-2017, 12:36 PM

On behalf of everyone in this board, in this group, and all TFC fans who are too polite, or worried about their board status, allow me to disagree.

PAOK17
11-18-2017, 12:48 PM
Anything can happen for sure. We went down 3-0 in Montreal with Jozy and Seba. That was probably Seba's worst game with TFC, so he might as well not have been there. Maybe not having our best attacking players might mean it's harder for us to score, but I don't see a correlation between not having those two and our ability to defend. Unless it's psychological...

TheSloanRanger
11-18-2017, 12:59 PM
Tuesday could not come quick enough. People have found reasons all season long to doubt this team, and time and time again we've watched them demolish that doubt. Best MLS record ...ever. Yet we still search for areas of doubt.
Sit back and enjoy the show. It won't be like this forever.
:scarf:

Derko
11-18-2017, 01:59 PM

At the very least spell Fuckin, correctly, Fuckin Hell

SoccMan2
11-18-2017, 02:30 PM
I'm allowed to have an opinion sorry, just stating another view instead of the everything is great and we should not worry about missing two of our best players. I'm just stating an opposite view. Moreover, if we were to crash out here especially in the first game and go on to lose the series what do you think many will blame it on in the end , it will come back to the fact that TFC were missing their two best players that's what the media especially will base it on regardless. Moreover, they will also bring up the fact that Columbus finished the season and so far in these playoffs with some good results and they will bring up the fact that Columbus was extra motivated because of this threat of relocation, so I'm just bringing up things that we should all be very cautious of, we are playing a very dangerous team at the moment and dangerous for a few reasons, so just prepare for the worst because it wont be a surprise if it happened for all of the reasons I've stated. Moreover, I'm a season ticket holder since day one and have spent my hard earned money since day one on this team so I think I can state an opinion even if it's not a popular one sorry there buddy.
On behalf of everyone in this board, in this group, and all TFC fans who are too polite, or worried about their board status, allow me as politely and kindly as possible to tell you I disagree.

razor787
11-18-2017, 02:38 PM
On behalf of everyone in this board, in this group, and all TFC fans who are too polite, or worried about their board status, allow me as politely and kindly as possible to tell you I disagree.

Totally uncalled for. You don't speak for anyone but yourself. Kindly show yourself the door.

Derko
11-18-2017, 03:35 PM
At the very least spell Fuckin, correctly, Fuckin Hell

Sorry that was meant to be a joke, nothing about your opinion, and I agree that it will not be a walk in the park.

Cheers

gmacpheetfc
11-18-2017, 03:39 PM

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

Show yourself the door mate...the whole point of football is that no matter the odds or circumstances you always BELIEVE. FULL STOP!

mowe
11-18-2017, 03:43 PM
Like most of you, I have been watching this team since Day 1. We didn't score until our 5th match. We later went on to break the record of having the longest goal drought. The number of times we gave up leads in the last 15 minutes, the debacle at Giants stadium, the Winters and Cochraines. I was there when 1500 TFC fans went mad in Columbus when we got a draw off an on-goal. We had a revolving door of players and coaches. Defoe begged to leave.

The league can allow our players be abused. They can suspend our top strikers. Sure, I say, go ahead. It shouldn't phase us. We've seen it all with this club.

Oh they're taking out Altidore and Giovinco? Thanks for poking the bear. We have Rickets hungry to go in, and he's backed up by local boys like Osorio, Edwards, and Hamilton - all of which can lift weight of our crest.

We have our travelling support, and the team will feed off of it. In the return leg, BMO will be as loud as ever. We will play our part, and the players will play theirs.

Amen! :scarf:

Hamilton_Red
11-18-2017, 08:43 PM

:flare::drum::scarf:

Right on!

OgtheDim
11-18-2017, 09:02 PM
..... name me any team in the world that goes into a big game away from home with its two best players missing and their fans still think it should not be a problem......

Celtic

That's about the relative level of difference between us and the rest of the league.

mcolvy
11-18-2017, 11:46 PM
First away TFC away match booked. Section 208, Row 2. Is there any meetup happening the day of?

3-0 - Ricketts with a hat-trick.

GerMc
11-19-2017, 01:02 AM
Celtic

That's about the relative level of difference between us and the rest of the league.

This!

noimpactinmtl
11-19-2017, 11:40 AM
:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

Show yourself the door mate...the whole point of football is that no matter the odds or circumstances you always BELIEVE. FULL STOP!

He’s entitled to his opinion and right to be skeptical. Of course, it would be a good thing if he’s wrong.

We should be worried that CCSC is going to mark Vazquez out of the game with Bradley and completely isolate Ricketts up top. The fact of the matter is not having both Giovinco and Altidore means it’s much easier to plan on how to dominate the midfield and deny service to the forward. Hoofball alone isn’t a way to workaround it.

That does not stop me from bringing my singing voice to Shoeless Joe this Tuesday and I will cheer and sing for them.

Hamilton_Red
11-19-2017, 02:07 PM
This!

and Bayern Munich.

Hamilton_Red
11-19-2017, 02:12 PM
Celtic

Though I don't think we are that good - Celtic just completed 64 games in domestic competition un-beaten. They are a semi-decent Champions league side. But I've seen enough from this team this season without Gio and Alti to not be scared going into this match. It's going to be a full house on Tuesday should be a great atmosphere...I'd set out to get a goal early & take the steam out. Then park the bus with a counter attacking Rickets ready to clinch the tie.

Yohan
11-19-2017, 02:44 PM
https://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2017/11/19/toronto-fc-could-have-many-1000-away-supporters-hand-first-leg

Redcoe15
11-19-2017, 07:47 PM
Everyone needs to get off of SoccMan1's back. He's entitled to his opinion.

It's as much possible for TFC to fall to the Pisstains in the Eastern Final as it is for them to run roughshod over them and towards the MLS Cup. Our side was a brilliant Alex Bono save from being eliminated from MLS Cup competition at home by the New York Red Thugs. Anything can happen when you're talking soccer playoffs.

Tuesday's first leg of the series will be crucial. The Pisstains are playing with MLS house money right now, ever since their weasily douchebro of an owner announced they were moving to Austin, Texas. They are playing for their fans who rightfully believe they were viciously stabbed in the back. They will be motivated and inspired to play for them in the thin hopes that they might be able to stay where they belong. Without Seba or Jozy in the lineup, it'll make things easier for them. If they take advantage of their absence, they can score enough goals to make it difficult for TFC to climb out of. And let's face it, the Reds haven't been playing up to their form for awhile now.

Our side is the more talented of the two, for sure. But talent alone doesn't guarantee victory. Sports have seen plenty of David slaying Goliath games from the past. And MLS is no different. Of the 21 Supporters Shield champs in league history, only six have successfully captured the MLS Cup. The odds aren't in our favor right now.

That doesn't mean they're doomed, nor should anybody here give up on them. But given how recent events have unfolded, it would be of extreme arrogance to suggest they can't possibly lose.

Always hope and want for the best. But be prepared for the worst.

OgtheDim
11-19-2017, 10:26 PM
Columbus has a lot of playoff experience, as do we. They ground out a win against Atlanta, took advantage of a red card and a shell shocked NYC and then held on to go through.

We are a better team then them. We will not be intimidated by a packed Columbus stadium. And our defence (with the exception of late in the first half of games) is composed and able to deal with whatever is thrown at it. Yes, a red card could ruin this series/playoffs for us, like it did for NYC (and I have memories of a phantom red to Morrow from last season that cost us a game). But, if we don't see the uncharacteristic loss of discipline we saw at home against NYRB, we should be coming home with a good shout to win the series.

There will be times when things look tight and awkward and tense.

When that happens, I'm going to remember this from last season

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=scUCJ_ZUiHk

All I want from this game is a chance to win at home.

Initial B
11-20-2017, 08:03 AM
We all talk about the loss of our front attackers, but that's the only part of the team that is affected. From the Wingbacks on back, TFC has the same lineup as the regular season team that allowed the second-fewest goals in the league. I don't image that Columbus will score more than 2 goals over the two legs and TFC will probably score at least 3. I think they go through so long as Columbus doesn't play hacky-shins on our players in the second leg.

Hamilton_Red
11-20-2017, 08:09 AM
Is Mavinga fit for the game tomorrow?

burlington Red
11-20-2017, 08:56 AM
shades of 99 this for me. Roy Keane and Paul Scholes both suspended for the champions league final against the mighty Bayern. Our whole centre mid missing in a one off game, there was no way we could win it they said. 6 min in and we are down 1 nil. The rest is history of course. That was one off game, we have 2 legs, and I'm extremely confident we will prevail.Of course it is made tougher by missing your strike force, but it's a squad game, and like Utd in 99, we have a very strong squad. Can't wait for it.

Section_105
11-20-2017, 09:37 AM
One more sleep.

paul-collins
11-20-2017, 11:47 AM
8C, drizzle, wind dying down (from strong southerly to weaker NW). Good soccer weather.

https://www.theweathernetwork.com/us/36-hour-weather-forecast/ohio/columbus