PDA

View Full Version : Eastern Semis Leg 2- NYRB @ TFC Sunday Nov 5 3:00pm Come and have a go

Pages : [1] 2

OgtheDim
10-30-2017, 09:23 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AXpdFqZt4Us

Come and have a go
If you think you are hard enough
But I doubt you are

HERE WE GO!

Have at It People

Red CB Toronto
10-30-2017, 11:06 PM
Ready To Go

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JgffRW1fKDk

Red4ever
10-30-2017, 11:10 PM
Born Ready for You.

d18UWu4dRv4

stevep
10-31-2017, 09:08 AM
todays only Tuesday, so many more days to wait till Sunday

GerMc
10-31-2017, 11:55 AM
Hey, there has been a lot of press about the boos that Bradley and Altidore have been getting in Atlanta and at the Red Bull game last night. I think we should respond on Sunday.

Maybe the supporters could cheer every time Bradley and Altidore touch the ball on Sunday--at least for the first 15 mins or so. Maybe this is a crazy idea, but I was at the Red Bulls game, and I think it is disrespectful, given all those two have given to the USMNT. We should show everyone (including the Red Bull supporters watching on TV) what we really think of these two. I think the TV commentators couldn't fail to pick up on it, and it sends a great message that we have their back.

flatpicker
10-31-2017, 12:04 PM
Hey, there has been a lot of press about the boos that Bradley and Altidore have been getting in Atlanta and at the Red Bull game last night. I think we should respond on Sunday.

Maybe the supporters could cheer every time Bradley and Altidore touch the ball on Sunday--at least for the first 15 mins or so.

Well, they did say the boos motivated them.
So maybe we should just boo them as well?

lol

Canary10
10-31-2017, 12:59 PM

Maybe the supporters could cheer every time Bradley and Altidore touch the ball on Sunday--at least for the first 15 mins or so. Maybe this is a crazy idea, but I was at the Red Bulls game, and I think it is disrespectful, given all those two have given to the USMNT. We should show everyone (including the Red Bull supporters watching on TV) what we really think of these two. I think the TV commentators couldn't fail to pick up on it, and it sends a great message that we have their back.

Yes.

Dv23
10-31-2017, 01:01 PM

I would also LOVE to see a "Thank You Bradley/Jozy" chant at some point. Particularly in the MLS Finals, as we're minutes away from hoisting the cup. :scarf:

denime
10-31-2017, 02:02 PM

Yes, but for different reasons, we should cheer because deserved it on the pitch wearing TFC jersey,otherwise NO. We are not USMNT supporters who think they don't deserve to be booed.

They don't care and IMHO USMNT fans have all the right to boo them,they earned it. Not qualifying to WC2018 will be their legacy,Bradley,Altidore,Dempsey and the rest of that team will be remembered by that epic fail,and they will have to learn to live with that,that one won't be forgotten for a long time.

fergiejr
10-31-2017, 02:08 PM

2-stick or railing banner would work as well. Nothing too big to take away from the overall playoff message.

For what it's worth the TFC away supporters started chanting "U S A" to overcome the boos. :-)

Red4ever
10-31-2017, 03:20 PM
2-stick or railing banner would work as well. Nothing too big to take away from the overall playoff message.

For what it's worth the TFC away supporters started chanting "U S A" to overcome the boos. :-)

This was my thought. Also, I could be wrong, but Dempsey and others aren't getting booed.

The reason they are getting booed is because they are playing in Canada. Full stop. They are easier to disrespect. I still talk about how trash Bernier was in the 2014 qualifying cycle for Canada, but I didn't boo him for any other reason than he plays for a rival.

I think it's hilarious how America is so used to winning at sports, they literally act like entitled kids when something doesn't go their way.

JoesphNdo
10-31-2017, 05:07 PM
Speaking of the abuse the lads are getting, one thing I'd love to do for next year when Atlanta are in town is have a copy of their 'biggest losers' banner but put the faces of everyone who missed a penalty against Columbus on there

Red CB Toronto
10-31-2017, 05:36 PM
Speaking of the abuse the lads are getting, one thing I'd love to do for next year when Atlanta are in town is have a copy of their 'biggest losers' banner but put the faces of everyone who missed a penalty against Columbus on there

I think we should celebrate our players and put efforts into that than taking shots/making banners that attack those on other teams. Maybe it's the Canadian in me but it just simply a route I would not like to see us take.

ochos
10-31-2017, 08:40 PM
The "U-S-A" chants at Red Bull Arena were awesome... great job everyone who came!

Ponderosa
10-31-2017, 09:38 PM
I would also LOVE to see a "Thank You Bradley/Jozy" chant at some point. Particularly in the MLS Finals, as we're minutes away from hoisting the cup. :scarf:

https://youtu.be/_N54MHq3gfg

This post had me dreaming of an epic Alanis Morrisette thank you for this season…a long list too long to memorize but would be awesomely Canadianiana

How ‘bout we all say TFC thank you?
For you goals, your penalty shots, and saves?
How ‘bout showing some love to our man Vanney?
For teaching us we can do it our way?
Thank you Bradley,
Thank you Jozy,
Thank you Gio all of those amazing goals,
Thank you Vasquez
Thank you Bono,
Thank you Tim Baschenkcoooo for these guys!
Thank you Ricketts,
Thank you Morrow,
Thank you Steven Beitashour too- oh,
Thank you Drew Moor,
Thank you Cooper
Etc…

Jack
11-01-2017, 09:47 AM
Any news on Moor and Vazquez yet?

cincy
11-01-2017, 11:31 AM
Both listed as questionable, not in training today

Oldtimer
11-01-2017, 11:32 AM
Any news on Moor and Vazquez yet?

Per Molinaro questionable for Sunday.

TheSloanRanger
11-01-2017, 12:21 PM
I think we should celebrate our players and put efforts into that than taking shots/making banners that attack those on other teams. Maybe it's the Canadian in me but it just simply a route I would not like to see us take.

thoughts on a "welcome home Michael and Jozy" sign? Maybe with a Canadian flag or leaf somewhere on it ...

Globetrotter
11-01-2017, 03:49 PM
What's the report on Vazquez? Groin, thigh, other? I saw the play, but haven't read anything about what's going on "down there".

Also...let the booing/cheering rest. Support TFC, keep the international nonsense out of it. US isn't the only team that has ever missed the world cup. Jozy and Michael (and others) know we love them.

James17930
11-02-2017, 03:47 AM
Per Molinaro questionable for Sunday.

Someone commented on that article to rest VV and Moor and start Haglund and Osorio. I would agree – no point risking them if they're not strictly needed.

Another option would be to switch to a 4-4-2 diamond with Jozy and Ricketts up top, Seba at the tip and Bradley sitting deep, then Delgado on the right and Morrow/Edwards on the left, then some kind of back four that makes sense. That might throw NY for a loop.

cmonyoureds
11-02-2017, 07:08 AM
What's the report on Vazquez? Groin, thigh, other? I saw the play, but haven't read anything about what's going on "down there".

Also...let the booing/cheering rest. Support TFC, keep the international nonsense out of it. US isn't the only team that has ever missed the world cup. Jozy and Michael (and others) know we love them.

This. Toronto can't exactly claim the high road, in regards to banners/chants, with 100% of the stuff "we've" done in the past either..............
It's football, unfortunately there's always going to be a less savoury element present.

cmonyoureds
11-02-2017, 07:10 AM

As someone who suffered through last year's final............... no way in he** do I want to start that sort of banner...... I can think of 1 very big "one up" Atlanta could throw up when we're down there........

paul-collins
11-02-2017, 08:08 AM
Cathal Kelly wrote about it today. Gonads. Also, Vanney is playing mind games, Victor is in.

As long as New York Red Bulls believe there is a slight chance Vazquez won't play on Sunday, they'll have to waste time preparing for that.

So when Toronto coach Greg Vanney spoke Wednesday about Vazquez's fitness, he said, "We have [him] as questionable right now."

Unfortunately, a few minutes earlier, Vazquez had been intercepted in a hallway as he left the club's training facility. When asked if he'd be able to play, he said, "Yes, of course!"

He said it as though the question was not only foolish, but also just a little insulting. Miss the big game? Because of my pubis? Obviously not.

https://beta.theglobeandmail.com/sports/soccer/victor-vazquez-is-key-to-toronto-fc-and-his-pubis-will-be-fine/article36802861/

flatpicker
11-02-2017, 08:32 AM
https://beta.theglobeandmail.com/sports/soccer/victor-vazquez-is-key-to-toronto-fc-and-his-pubis-will-be-fine/article36802861/

https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/vsbattles/images/1/17/Chuck-norris-meme.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20151206070121

molenshtain
11-02-2017, 08:39 AM
Haven't heard from Kelly for a while. How nice of him to show interest in our little club.

Detroit_TFC
11-02-2017, 10:35 AM
Just looked at a weather report for Sunday, oy vey.

Canary10
11-02-2017, 10:39 AM
Just looked at a weather report for Sunday, oy vey.

At least it's supposed to be relatively warm.

TFC John
11-02-2017, 11:27 AM

I think the most appropriate way to go would be for us to display giant Canada Citizen and Immigration citizen application forms with their name on them. We should show the ungrateful Americans that if they don’t want these players, we would be happy to have them.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/citizen/CIT0002E-2.pdf?

Oldtimer
11-02-2017, 11:50 AM
Haven't heard from Kelly for a while. How nice of him to show interest in our little club.

His manners were most lovely too. Not once did he call TFC "the FC."

Globetrotter
11-02-2017, 12:28 PM
Cathal Kelly wrote about it today. Gonads. Also, Vanney is playing mind games, Victor is in.

I thought it was that when the camera kept zooming in on him grabbing himself. Not one person (that I heard) suggested it was a "man problem". We've all been hit down there, and we can feel it up into our stomach sometimes... but enough to get pulled from the game, and not run at full pace? That would have been one serious knock.

ryan
11-02-2017, 01:29 PM
So for those wondering about the scaffolding in the south end, it's going to be a tented suite area.

Detroit_TFC
11-02-2017, 01:38 PM
At least it's supposed to be relatively warm.

As much as I prefer it to be warmer, this may be the sole exception where colder would be better - rather not have t-storms cause any game delays.

paul-collins
11-02-2017, 02:32 PM
Further reporting (TFC's own injury update) suggests it's the pelvic bone that got bruised.

Red4ever
11-02-2017, 02:49 PM
I don't like having any wrenches in the plan and weather is one of them. Just want this to be over.

TheSloanRanger
11-02-2017, 04:19 PM
Any word on a march ? ..through the beautiful Toronto rain

Blindside16
11-02-2017, 11:59 PM
The wait is killing me.... Why can't it be Sunday yet. I can't see Vazquez sitting this out unless he absolutely has to. Especially with an international break following the game. I think he should have an hour in him for Sunday.

CBTFC
11-03-2017, 02:31 PM
Looks like it's gonna be a bit of a soaker on Sunday, so far calling for approx 5mm through the morning and another 5mm into the afternoon.

Might not be the prettiest of passing we'll be seeing.

PawTar711
11-03-2017, 02:37 PM
TFC!!!!! lets go, its been a long time coming...

Canary10
11-03-2017, 02:54 PM
Looks like it's gonna be a bit of a soaker on Sunday, so far calling for approx 5mm through the morning and another 5mm into the afternoon.

Might not be the prettiest of passing we'll be seeing.

I'd say that tends to mean a low scoring game, which I think benefits us.

MightyDM
11-03-2017, 04:14 PM
I agree with those who want to organize a show of respect for Altidore and Bradley. Our opponents are booing our players, and no others, for the US national teams failure. We need to have their backs. Whether it's a cheer a Chant or a banner doesn't matter to me, but it needs to be clear and strong.

sn0re
11-03-2017, 08:10 PM
Anyone know if SGs will be marching to BMO?

InDa_110
11-03-2017, 08:29 PM
Anyone know if SGs will be marching to BMO?
There has been a march to the stadium every game from Liberty Village Market and Cafe. With a different SG of course. I'm quite certain they will be marching Sunday.

OgtheDim
11-04-2017, 05:23 AM
GAWD...that stupid drum group is back on the main HO march. The one which caused the energy in the stadium to sag when they brought them out before the match - because 4 drummers bouncing up and down doing staccato show off moves before the game is NOT conducive to crowd involvment.

CBTFC
11-04-2017, 05:40 AM
I'd say that tends to mean a low scoring game, which I think benefits us.

There is now a very real chance we could be seeing a severe thunderstorm w/lightning tomorrow afternoon.

brings back memories of that game against FC Dallas, and going back to BMO at 10am the next morning to see the match play out.

Canary10
11-04-2017, 08:23 AM
There is now a very real chance we could be seeing a severe thunderstorm w/lightning tomorrow afternoon.

brings back memories of that game against FC Dallas, and going back to BMO at 10am the next morning to see the match play out.

Totally. I was thiking of that too. We'll see how the roof works tomorrow!

Joe Kool
11-04-2017, 09:38 AM
Totally. I was thiking of that too. We'll see how the roof works tomorrow!

Will be fine for some. My seats only are covered if rain is coming straight down. Not holding my breath though on staying dry if it really comes down. Fingers crossed it won’t. I will be there either way. Wouldn’t miss this.

Section_105
11-04-2017, 11:42 AM
someone on twitter mentioned it is Jozy's birthday on Monday. a nice round of happy birthday when it rolls over 27 minutes?

Bardown Snipes
11-04-2017, 12:21 PM
How much rain will it take for the game to be postponed? Supposed to rain 20-30mm tomorrow

CBTFC
11-04-2017, 12:24 PM
How much rain will it take for the game to be postponed? Supposed to rain 20-30mm tomorrow

I believe that's the total rainfall for the system moving in this evening, through tomorrow and ending early Monday morning.

Keep an eye on the south parkdale hourly forecast for a more accurate description

ag futbol
11-04-2017, 12:49 PM
Have they ever tarpped the field in the past to avoid excess water accumulation?

Globetrotter
11-04-2017, 01:50 PM
They've already delayed the MSU-Penn St game today due to this system (lightning). Could be a looooong afternoon/evening.

Oldtimer
11-04-2017, 02:14 PM
Have they ever tarpped the field in the past to avoid excess water accumulation?

They don't need to. There is an underground suction system that vacuums up the water.

Captain
11-04-2017, 03:45 PM
someone on twitter mentioned it is Jozy's birthday on Monday. a nice round of happy birthday when it rolls over 27 minutes?
I don't believe his religion recognizes birthdays. Might not be the best idea. There must be another way to show him our support.

GerMc
11-04-2017, 04:09 PM
I don't believe his religion recognizes birthdays. Might not be the best idea. There must be another way to show him our support.

I'm not a religious person, but I am happy to respect his religion, unlike that Red Bull jerk in New Jersey. I still vote for cheering madly whenever Michael and Jozy get the ball. As someone pointed out, our two guys are the only USMNT players getting this treatment, and it was our opponents doing the booing--so that is our business, and its not about the USMNT, its about TFC. I think it demands a response--one that they can hear all the way in New Jersey and Atlanta!

Please join in if you want...if not that's OK as well. I also think that there might be lots of others around BMO Field doing this:

https://twitter.com/U_Sector/status/925418959645573121

Go Reds! Go Jozy and Michael!

OgtheDim
11-04-2017, 04:16 PM
Forecast is 1mm per hour steady from about 8 tonight until 8pm tomorrow night. The heavy rain is due between 8pm & 11pm tomorrow.

Bring rain gear & a towel to dry off your seat and it will be fine.

Abou Sky
11-04-2017, 04:28 PM
I'm not a religious person, but I am happy to respect his religion, unlike that Red Bull jerk in New Jersey. I still vote for cheering madly whenever Michael and Jozy get the ball. As someone pointed out, our two guys are the only USMNT players getting this treatment, and it was our opponents doing the booing--so that is our business, and its not about the USMNT, its about TFC. I think it demands a response--one that they can hear all the way in New Jersey and Atlanta!

Please join in if you want...if not that's OK as well. I also think that there might be lots of others around BMO Field doing this:

https://twitter.com/U_Sector/status/925418959645573121

Go Reds! Go Jozy and Michael!

1. Religion, is he LDS? Is he really LDS or just born into it? (I was born Druze, but don't practice, and I do celebrate Christian holidays, even though I've never been baptized, some very devout Druze may have an issue with 'Happy Birthday' but very few people would actually be against it.)

2. Cheering when Altidore or Bradley get the ball, hell yes!

Abou Sky
11-04-2017, 04:30 PM
Any word on Moor?

Red CB Toronto
11-04-2017, 04:31 PM
Forecast is 1mm per hour steady from about 8 tonight until 8pm tomorrow night. The heavy rain is due between 8pm & 11pm tomorrow.

Bring rain gear & a towel to dry off your seat and it will be fine.

You will only need to towel down your seat if you plan on sitting down.

Oldtimer
11-04-2017, 05:24 PM
1. Religion, is he LDS? Is he really LDS or just born into it? (I was born Druze, but don't practice, and I do celebrate Christian holidays, even though I've never been baptized, some very devout Druze may have an issue with 'Happy Birthday' but very few people would actually be against it.)

2. Cheering when Altidore or Bradley get the ball, hell yes!

Altidore is Jehovah's Witness. One of their teachings is that celebrating birthdays is equivalent to worshipping other gods. They have similar objections to saluting a flag or singing a national anthem or putting a hand over a heart during an anthem.

Whether or not one agrees with a groups beliefs or whether or not they are mainstream, there is no place for insulting a player based on his beliefs.

noimpactinmtl
11-04-2017, 05:26 PM

Jozy is Jehovah’s Witness. They’re not too big on holidays or birthdays.

RedsYNWA
11-04-2017, 05:54 PM
RELIGION & POLITICS SHOULD NEVER be apart of TFC

we all bleed Red that is our religion------ & the LOVE for our club is our Politics

Oldtimer
11-04-2017, 06:47 PM
RELIGION & POLITICS SHOULD NEVER be apart of TFC

we all bleed Red that is our religion------ & the LOVE for our club is our Politics

But you should respect a player's religious beliefs. So not singing "happy birthday" to Jozy is really important to know. That's the point of this discussion. Not to discuss who's views are better. That's not allowed even in the off topic section of this board.

red-o
11-04-2017, 07:20 PM
We sang for him in NY last year, he said he appreciated it - he says he was raised JW, not that he is.

MightyDM
11-04-2017, 07:24 PM

Have you forgotten Vancouver? Cancelling the match, but only after they scored.... I prefer to remember the Weed man’s late strike for a draw when I remember Dallas in the rain.

MightyDM
11-04-2017, 07:29 PM
We sang for him in NY last year, he said he appreciated it - he says he was raised JW, not that he is.

We should be careful, tho. No?

OgtheDim
11-04-2017, 07:51 PM
Based on his tweet from last year.....

https://twitter.com/JozyAltidore/status/795453036541906944

He retweeted about 8 birthday wishes so....I think we're good to go.

red-o
11-04-2017, 08:31 PM
Cheering when Altidore or Bradley get the ball, hell yes!
Can't wait!

nonc
11-04-2017, 09:11 PM
It's great that Moor (and Vazquez) should be available, but Hagglund has to start it's not even a question.

MightyDM
11-04-2017, 09:18 PM
Based on his tweet from last year.....

https://twitter.com/JozyAltidore/status/795453036541906944

He retweeted about 8 birthday wishes so....I think we're good to go.

totally! 27 Th minute.

rydermike
11-04-2017, 09:43 PM

Well he does practice. Just read an article an NYRB fan heckled him for being a Jehovah's Witness

But Altidore says one opposition fan went too far, questioning his patriotism and religion."Coming off the field — with [teammates] Tosaint Ricketts and Raheem Edwards as my witness — there's a [fan] standing a foot away from me telling me I have no idea what it's like to represent this country, that I didn't die for this country and I don't deserve to be in this country because I don't put my hand on my heart and that I don't sing [the Star-Spangled Banner]," Altidore told the Toronto Sun.
Raised as a Jehovah's Witness, Altidore abstains from saluting flags on religious grounds. Rather than put his hand on his heart, he stands with his hands behind his back during the anthem. https://www.thestar.com/sports/tfc/2017/11/03/toronto-fc-complains-to-major-league-soccer-over-fan-abuse-of-jozy-altidore.html

Perhaps, he said he appreciated the Happy Birthday singing out of professionalism, and figured it was easier to just say it was nice rather than making a big deal about it, for fans not to do it.

red-o
11-04-2017, 10:27 PM
I think you're right, I read "Raised as a Jehovah's Witness" differently. Will be happy to cheer for every touch regardless

Oldtimer
11-04-2017, 10:34 PM
So, I'm expecting Vazquez to play. Drew Moore I'm not sure about, but I think that we can survive a match without him.

My biggest concern is that another player is going to be injured. I hope the ref for this game will call it closely. Does anyone know who that the official will be?

Yohan
11-04-2017, 10:42 PM
So, I'm expecting Vazquez to play. Drew Moore I'm not sure about, but I think that we can survive a match without him.

My biggest concern is that another player is going to be injured. I hope the ref for this game will call it closely. Does anyone know who that the official will be?
Chris Penso

Not that it matters that much. Refs are a lot more lenient during playoffs

OgtheDim
11-05-2017, 07:23 AM
Its Game Day!!!!!:scarf:

If anyone is going to end our season,
they’re going to have to do it
on our field,
in our weather,
with our supporters, our fans,
and the entire city of Toronto behind us.

Time to buckle up for the playoff ride. Good to be back doing this again.

Worry, anger, joy, heartbreak, awe, hope, glory and a lot of fun.

I have fond memories of beating Philly midweek with a struggling game, taking 80+ minutes to break down NYC and then seeing two go in, and then, of course, that Montreal match, followed by that almost surreal Cup Final.

Here's to building other playoff memories, one game at a time.

Starts today.

DOMIN8R
11-05-2017, 07:55 AM
There is now a risk of thunder and lightning, for the duration of the game. A game delay would be unfortunate.

Eastend
11-05-2017, 08:19 AM
^^agree. Definitely a rain gear day for me.

charlieocc
11-05-2017, 08:45 AM
I have good memories of one rainy playoff night in particular. We win when it rains, eh?

CBTFC
11-05-2017, 08:54 AM
If you take a look at TWN radar, you'll see a small but strong/severe storm cell currently near Chicago. Should be passing over Detroit around noon, then heading for the GTA around game time.

Oh man this is gonna be an interesting afternoon!

Super
11-05-2017, 09:10 AM
We have lost most of our rain games, so not true. For a strong team like ours it helps to have sunny weather.

flatpicker
11-05-2017, 09:49 AM
We have lost most of our rain games, so not true. For a strong team like ours it helps to have sunny weather.

Agreed.
Best situation for this team is the least unpredictable one.

OgtheDim
11-05-2017, 09:57 AM
If you take a look at TWN radar, you'll see a small but strong/severe storm cell currently near Chicago. Should be passing over Detroit around noon, then heading for the GTA around game time.

Oh man this is gonna be an interesting afternoon!

Yeah, but apparently its slowed down. It will hit Detroit around 2, London around 3:50. Likely here at 6.

Soooo...no extra time or penalties.

oranje boven
11-05-2017, 11:04 AM
I keep looking at the clock... I think if it wasn't raining I would have left already.
Not a sellout today?

Eastend
11-05-2017, 11:17 AM
I keep looking at the clock... I think if it wasn't raining I would have left already.
Not a sellout today?

Likely not a full house. I hope we're wrong as I'd like us to show the other 1/2 empty playoff stadiums we're all in no matter the weather.

69Chevy396
11-05-2017, 11:31 AM
Likely not a full house. I hope we're wrong as I'd like us to show the other 1/2 empty playoff stadiums we're all in no matter the weather.
Unbelievable that in this city, the skydome sits empty, while we suffer the crappy conditions at BMO whenever the games count. I would scrap BMO for a fully reconditioned, soccer friendly, skydome. Getting drunk and standing in the rain, is fine, for teenagers, but I am sick of this blind support expected from older people who are the majority of ticket holders. You would think mlse would have learned something from last year, where our home field advantage was thrown out the window with the freezing conditions. Bet we would have won easily if the game was played indoors. Hope the crap weather affects new york as much as it will, for players like Seba, I see 0-0 as an fair prediction

Eastend
11-05-2017, 11:37 AM
Unbelievable that in this city, the skydome sits empty, while we suffer the crappy conditions at BMO whenever the games count. I would scrap BMO for a fully reconditioned, soccer friendly, skydome. Getting drunk and standing in the rain, is fine, for teenagers, but I am sick of this blind support expected from older people who are the majority of ticket holders. You would think mlse would have learned something from last year, where our home field advantage was thrown out the window with the freezing conditions. Bet we would have won easily if the game was played indoors. Hope the crap weather affects new york as much as it will, for players like Seba, I see 0-0 as an fair prediction

I hear ya. I'm 48 so I feel the weather too but would not want this indoors on turf.

Smokecell
11-05-2017, 11:49 AM
Prices on stubhub bottomed out big time WOW, some bargains to be had for those who couldn't get tickets

69Chevy396
11-05-2017, 12:31 PM
I hear ya. I'm 48 so I feel the weather too but would not want this indoors on turf.
I understand real grass is being installed in the Rogers infield for baseball. If common sense prevailed, all TFC playoff games could have been played there. Sod systems around the world are being introduced to covered domes, and you would infer, that it would work even better, in a retractable stadium like ours.

Globetrotter
11-05-2017, 12:45 PM
I understand real grass is being installed in the Rogers infield for baseball. If common sense prevailed, all TFC playoff games could have been played there. Sod systems around the world are being introduced to covered domes, and you would infer, that it would work even better, in a retractable stadium like ours.

That's a big no. It's been a bit of a dream for a number of years. Management hasn't said it's off the table, but it's fallen way down the priority list. There's more talk of re configuring the interior to be a bit more baseball specific, give it more character, etc. Grass seems to be a distant reality.

OgtheDim
11-05-2017, 02:39 PM
Eff SkyDome. This place was sold out. Will be full or near. People streaming in. Nobody complaining. Great atmosphere on the way.

Best 11 again. All we can ask for.

PizzaEatingYeti
11-05-2017, 02:44 PM
Toronto, ON, Canada
Sunday 2:00 PM

Cloudy
13 °C

Precipitation: 15%
Humidity: 94%
Wind: 8 Km/h

=======

Looks good to me! :)

CBTFC
11-05-2017, 02:53 PM
Standing on the south end terrace looking north, and it already feels like a night game!

Stadium is filling up nicely, lots of people lined up to get in still.

C'mon you reds!

razor787
11-05-2017, 03:00 PM
Does anyone have a link to a stream?

I'll post if I find one in english...

razor787
11-05-2017, 03:03 PM
Nevermind. Found one.

http://ifirstrowus.eu/watch/592573/3/watch-toronto-fc-vs-new-york-red-bulls.html

PizzaEatingYeti
11-05-2017, 03:07 PM
Anyone have a TSN stream?

Batman
11-05-2017, 03:08 PM
ESPN skips Canadian National Anthem.

Pricks!

Batman
11-05-2017, 03:09 PM
Game On!

PizzaEatingYeti
11-05-2017, 03:09 PM
Why the hell is playing Moor?

James17930
11-05-2017, 03:14 PM
Got up at 4:00 am to watch this. If they lose, I'll be right pissed.

Also, for some reason I can only find a working Russian stream.

The Firstrow one doesn't seem to be working yet.

Anyone got a good English one?

razor787
11-05-2017, 03:15 PM
Nevermind. Found one.

http://ifirstrowus.eu/watch/592573/3/watch-toronto-fc-vs-new-york-red-bulls.html

I posted one here. It's working great fit me

James17930
11-05-2017, 03:16 PM
Okay, here:

http://cdn.livetvcdn.net/webplayer2.php?t=ifr&c=803408&lang=en&eid=587158&lid=803408&ci=64&si=1

Tyler
11-05-2017, 03:16 PM

http://www.cricfree.cc/tsn-1-live-streaming

Keeps buffering for me, but I suspect that's a problem on my end and not with the stream itself.

James17930
11-05-2017, 03:31 PM
Seems like just a matter of time before we score.

razor787
11-05-2017, 03:34 PM
Should have been a penalty imo

Yohan
11-05-2017, 03:35 PM
Should have been a penalty imo
Looked more of a shoulder to shoulder to me, and Giovinco does go down easy

T.O TILL I DIE
11-05-2017, 03:42 PM
Omg TRN really kills the sound of our supporters its hurting to hear on tv at some points..

James17930
11-05-2017, 03:44 PM
Jozy's gotta calm down.

razor787
11-05-2017, 03:46 PM
That dive from jozy is why people hate football. What a joke.

razor787
11-05-2017, 03:55 PM
Come on... That there was an obvious foul at the top of the box.. we lost our on both a corner kick and free kick...

jloome
11-05-2017, 03:57 PM
Come on... That there was an obvious foul at the top of the box.. we lost our on both a corner kick and free kick...

This is horseshit. Petrescu is calling this whole game one way. He's blown at least four major calls already.

ag futbol
11-05-2017, 03:58 PM
I don’t know why these guys are so focused on the ref. Great officiating? No, but we need to stay in the game.

portu
http://www.stream2watch.cc/streaming-sport/football/toronto-fc-vs-new-york-red-bulls#

english espn

James17930
Did Petrescu run onto the field before the half-time whistle went?

James17930
11-05-2017, 03:59 PM
This is horseshit. Petrescu is calling this whole game one way. He's blown at least four major calls already.

Petrescu is the 4th official today. The ref. is named Penso (sp?)

Batman
11-05-2017, 03:59 PM
pretty stupid move pulling heated Bradley away from the rep AFTER he gets a yellow..
why not before. Half was over.. come on guys.. think!

GerMc
11-05-2017, 04:00 PM
I think our guys have had more quality chances, but you can’t deny that the reffing has been terrible. We will still win it, but it will be in spite of the ref.

nonc
11-05-2017, 04:02 PM
Penso has a record with Bradley/TFC, not surprised he got this game...
Honestly I didn't think Penso was bad until the blatant extra time foul on Altidore.
Delgado love the guy not much of a half from him though, hope to see straight swap for Hasler.

samuraizero
11-05-2017, 04:02 PM
This ref has lost control though. Bradley got a yellow at the half too

Edit: I think. Someone did.

PizzaEatingYeti
11-05-2017, 04:04 PM
What the hell is this?
This is shamefully horrible quality football from TFC!
The whole world is watching, I'm in Europe, and the match is on Eurosports 1.

TFC is playing like a fucking underdog, who was very lucky to nick a win in New Jersey and now they are clinging with their life to a 0-0, or hoping to nick a single goal on a lucky counter.

This was Vanney's game plan?
Should have been like this just in the first 10 minutes, then TFC play it's own style!

We are playing not like champs, but like some fucking chump team, shitting their pants from the Red Bulls.
Maybe I have not seen very clear the complete picture, because 75% of the 1st half I was very angry, but.....

razor787
11-05-2017, 04:07 PM
What happened in the tunnel? I saw something on the TV, but didn't see if there were any cards, or what exactly happened... Just a shouting match?

nonc
11-05-2017, 04:07 PM
What the hell is this?

TFC is playing like a fucking underdog, who was very lucky to nick a win in New Jersey and now they are clinging with their like to a 0-0, or hoping to nick a single goal on a luck counter.
Should have been like this just in the first 10 minutes, then TFC play it's own style!

We are playing not like champs, but like some fucking chump team, shitting their pants from the Red Bulls.
Maybe I have not seen very clear the complete picture, because 75% of the 1st half I was very angry, but.....

Vanney is playing not to concede 2, rather than prioritizing scoring 1. I agree it was not good, Giovinco barely got the ball, Red Bulls looked capable of scoring 2 vs this Vanney game plan but we will see how they react.

PizzaEatingYeti
11-05-2017, 04:10 PM
I am extremely concerned about the yellow cards our important players are getting.
After how many yellows is suspension in playoffs, 2 or 3?

tfcfans
11-05-2017, 04:11 PM
2 leads to a suspension....

James17930
11-05-2017, 04:13 PM
What the hell is this?

TFC is playing like a fucking underdog, who was very lucky to nick a win in New Jersey and now they are clinging with their life to a 0-0, or hoping to nick a single goal on a lucky counter.

Well, it's true we haven't been able to set up and pass the ball around as usual, but NY are doing a pretty good job of disrupting in the midfield. We have to give them credit, they're playing well – but we can be a bit better.

StokeciTFC
11-05-2017, 04:14 PM
Looks like Marsch was yapping at Bradley in the tunnel.

James17930
11-05-2017, 04:17 PM
Fuck Jozy, c'mon.

razor787
11-05-2017, 04:18 PM
ESPN commentators saying klesjen and altidore are missing. Not official but they are suspended?

Excellent...

Why no official announcement?

speckles
11-05-2017, 04:19 PM
they are saying both red carded..nothing official just commentators

adam1001
11-05-2017, 04:19 PM
Both suspended. Can't contain their emotions.

speckles
11-05-2017, 04:20 PM
so unprofessional..that will hurt us going forward more

rydermike
11-05-2017, 04:21 PM
they are saying both red carded..nothing official just commentators

Both red carded for violent conduct in the tunnel. Tsn and stadium announcer both said it

pdubs
11-05-2017, 04:22 PM
You know what? Fuck Jozy. Think of the fucking team first. He cannot control his emotions.

Word is second yellow for each player so not a straight red.

https://twitter.com/NewYorkRedBulls/status/927283698097053696

Kristian Jack saying straight reds...

ag futbol
11-05-2017, 04:23 PM
Wtf just happened...

adam1001
11-05-2017, 04:24 PM
What a joke. Speechless

nonc
Honestly it's a mistake by Bono, it was deflected so far out.

razor787
Horrible horrible match so far.

speckles
11-05-2017, 04:25 PM
need them to dig deep and change the momentum

pdubs
11-05-2017, 04:25 PM
Still can advanced with this... but idk. Bad taste in my mouth from the idiocy around halftime.

James17930
11-05-2017, 04:26 PM
Maybe we needed to get scored on like this to wake us up.

adam1001
11-05-2017, 04:26 PM
Too much talk leading up to the playoffs. So far in the series, we have not demonstrated championship qualities.

James17930
11-05-2017, 04:29 PM
We need some guys who haven't played much to come in and show their hunger. Ricketts, Edwards, Hasler.

Someone.

pdubs
11-05-2017, 04:30 PM
Hasler coming in.

pdubs
11-05-2017, 04:31 PM
Bono bails us out. Can the team wake the fuck up?

ag futbol
11-05-2017, 04:32 PM
We’ve been too much on the back foot this whole game. The number of long balls bypassing the midfield is too many.

We need to play the way that got us to this game in the first place.

speckles
11-05-2017, 04:33 PM
hanging on by a thread..will anyone step up?

Tfc/lfc
11-05-2017, 04:36 PM
This is Barca vs Malaga....and we are Malaga. Wtf???

pdubs
11-05-2017, 04:38 PM
Dig deep. Letzzzz goooo

Inklink
11-05-2017, 04:38 PM
I am extremely concerned about the yellow cards our important players are getting.
After how many yellows is suspension in playoffs, 2 or 3?

Giovinco took a bonehead one last week.

pdubs
11-05-2017, 04:39 PM
Believe it is 2 yellows.

Inklink
11-05-2017, 04:40 PM
VAR that shit

pdubs
11-05-2017, 04:41 PM
The ref has lost the plot.

Inklink
11-05-2017, 04:42 PM
Why's that not a yellow for hand ball.

James17930
11-05-2017, 04:43 PM
God this is ugly. It's like watching your parents fight with each other.

BenRhodes23
11-05-2017, 04:44 PM
Adams and BWP should be off...

Inklink
11-05-2017, 04:45 PM
Why do fatasses in the crowd feel obliged to take their shirt off?

pdubs
11-05-2017, 04:45 PM
Can we hold onto the fucking ball?

Batman
11-05-2017, 04:46 PM
Why do fatasses in the crowd feel obliged to take their shirt off?

Conveniently, we don't feel the cold as much. :scarf:

Inklink
11-05-2017, 04:46 PM
How much does this ref have on the Red Bulls?

Inklink
11-05-2017, 04:47 PM
FIX is in FIX is in

pdubs
This ref is fucking mental.

ag futbol
That’s bullshit. Lightest “foul” I have ever seen

razor787
11-05-2017, 04:49 PM
Totally a goal. There was no foul. Even the player, the look on his face said he knew it was an own goal. There was no argument.

speckles
this is a fix

Batman
That is bullshit... no way!

James17930
Okay, that call was just total bullshit. Ref has completely lost it.

Inklink
11-05-2017, 04:50 PM
Fucking idiot Giovinco. you FUCKING iDIOT

pdubs
Giovinco misses conference final. Same with Jozy.

I am fucking livid.

adam1001
Count on our designated players. Fucking boneheads.

razor787
Gio and altidore fine if we advance? Awesome.... Stupidity is going to cost is the cup.

pdubs
11-05-2017, 04:51 PM
Count on our designated players. Fucking boneheads.

And Bradley is ONE away from missing as well.... if we get through this shit game.

speckles
that is not a yellow..ref has lost it

gracos
Bye MLS cup our leaders arent being disciplined

Inklink
11-05-2017, 04:52 PM
That was not offside.

Yohan
Supposedly offside on that Osorio 'push' play

speckles
yet no yellow for deliberate hand ball total BS!

Initial B
This ref has completely lost control of the match. He's giving Yellows now just for players disagreeing with his wrong calls. >_<

ag futbol
11-05-2017, 04:55 PM
We just keep route 1’ing it to nobody

nonc
11-05-2017, 04:55 PM
MLS should be ashamed of this attempted fix. Bogus no goal call.

Inklink
11-05-2017, 04:57 PM
Caldwell on everything: "I didn't see a lot in that"

Tfc/lfc
11-05-2017, 04:57 PM
Ref should be red carded and suspended for life.

Kaz
11-05-2017, 04:59 PM
Jozy tonight made a case for canceling his contract.

pdubs
11-05-2017, 05:01 PM
WTF?????

Inklink
This ref is a piece of shit.

pdubs
Jozy tonight made a case for canceling his contract.

Honestly... I agree. Idk if I want him on the team anymore. He is a grade A moron.

ag futbol
11-05-2017, 05:05 PM
Good entertainment, not our best form.

We played down to their level, often.

speckles
I agree..this is a crazy match if not a fix the worst officiating i have seen in along time

razor787
Terrible game, terrible referee. I want to pretend I didn't just watch this...

Inklink
Thank God I didn't buy tickets for this..was close.

James17930
Well, that's gotta be TFC's worst 'win' ever.

gracos
11-05-2017, 05:06 PM
We win but we lose the MLS Cup at this rate

speckles
so where does that leave us for the next game..urgghhh

adam1001
Good luck at Mapfre. I want to see Ricketts and Edwards.

gracos
11-05-2017, 05:07 PM
No Giovinco no Altidore, no forwards in the next game

nonc
11-05-2017, 05:07 PM
So with suspensions I guess we'll see Hamilton, Hasler or Vazquez up with Ricketts.

Tfc/lfc
11-05-2017, 05:08 PM
Thank god that debacle is over. Bono saved our season but TFC need to dig VERY deep in order to move on. We just cant play any worse than that.

Davenport
Honestly... I agree. Idk if I want him on the team anymore. He is a grade A moron.

Nearly all the so called senior experienced players behaved like kids today. The football and discipline was embarrassing. They all need to buy Bono a beer or three.

The ref was completely out of his depth.

BenRhodes23
Awful refereeing... Adams had 4 or 5 yellow card-worthy fouls and Gio's free kick should've counted.

I don't agree with the people saying that we should get rid of Altidore, he's still a beast despite his temper

rydermike
11-05-2017, 05:09 PM
That Vasquez free kick disallowed. Smart player. Osorio kills me at times, go straight to the corner, stop these little dekes. Had Delgado wide open 5 feet away waiting to take it to the corner, tries to deke instead and loses it.

Davenport
So with suspensions I guess we'll see Hamilton, Hasler or Vazquez up with Ricketts.

Just one up top. Ricketts.

BenRhodes23

I want to see Hasler up top with Ricketts, Hamilton as a sub

speckles
11-05-2017, 05:10 PM
for senior players one has to ask about their maturity..these guys would lose their minds in EPL and have no contracts...

PizzaEatingYeti
11-05-2017, 05:11 PM
Well, it's true we haven't been able to set up and pass the ball around as usual, but NY are doing a pretty good job of disrupting in the midfield. We have to give them credit, they're playing well – but we can be a bit better.

Agree to disagree.
This is all on Vanney.

This was an utter shit game plan.... defend and counter at BMO field the whole game?
WTF?

I wish we would have been beaten by 1-0 or 2-1 in New Jersey.

rydermike
11-05-2017, 05:11 PM
Bono
Hasler-Hagglund-Moor-Mavinga-Morrow
Delgado-Bradley-Cheyrou
Ricketts-Vasquez

We need Cheyrou's calmness for the first half at least next round

speckles
11-05-2017, 05:14 PM
Bono
Hasler-Hagglund-Moor-Mavinga-Morrow
Delgado-Bradley-Cheyrou
Ricketts-Vasquez

We need Cheyrou's calmness for the first half at least next round

Well that team has much potential as todays....

Batman
11-05-2017, 05:17 PM
We squeaked through but made some bonehead plays, after the pay.. or even after the half.

Ref was questionable, but you have to keep your head.

Hard to know what went on at half time, but ONLY TFC has to pay the price now.

pdubs
11-05-2017, 05:19 PM
The team has to come first. Players making millions of dollars are the leaders. They set the example and tone. All 3 of our DP's should be ashamed of themselves for what happened today.

Oldtimer
11-05-2017, 05:20 PM
Toledo has met his match. A new worst ref in MLS.

Oldtimer
11-05-2017, 05:21 PM
Agree to disagree.
This is all on Vanney.

This was an utter shit game plan.... defend and counter at BMO field the whole game?
WTF?

I wish we would have been beaten by 1-0 or 2-1 in New Jersey.

Totally disagree. Counter attacking is the only way to play NYRB.

Batman
The team has to come first. Players making millions of dollars are the leaders. They set the example and tone. All 3 of our DP's should be ashamed of themselves for what happened today.

Yep. I agree.. although Seba getting a yellow was a marginal call, and who knows what went on under the stands.

I really thought Bradley should have been pulled away before he got the yellow at the end of first half.

rydermike
That Osorio "offside". The linesman put his flag up for offside, but that's not what the ref called. when it's offside, the ref puts his arm up vertical for offside and keeps it up until its touched by a second player after kicked because its indirect FK. he put his arm horizontal signaling free kick NY, didn't even look at the linesman, and then was running back with his hands down signalling direct free kick.

speckles
Well it does reflect team culture....

Hugh Jazz
That was exactly why I hate playing the RBs. Very little football played today.

General Woolfe
11-05-2017, 05:24 PM
Job done! ...I guess :hide:

That's as poor as i've seen us all season, however it must be said some dreadful refereeing didnt help our cause. I don't know what worries me more right now. The drop off in our form in recent weeks, or the fact we're missing Altidore and Giovinco for the first game of the Conference Final. (Does Jozy miss one game or two for the red card?) It looks like it'll be Columbus who are in a hot streak of form right now so we face as difficult a task as I can imagine. However we are still alive and we've shown we have good depth to cope with situations like this (albeit losing two DPs makes it more difficult than normal.) Hopefully the International break will allow us to re-group and get back to playing at our best for going in the Conference Final.

Onward & upwards TFC!!! :scarf:

Batman
11-05-2017, 05:24 PM
That Osorio "offside". The linesman put his flag up for offside, but that's not what the ref called. Pretty sure when it's offside, the ref puts his arm up vertical, he put his arm horizontal signaling free kick NY, didn't even look at the linesman

My wife was yelling "it's a fix, it;s a fix."

You know, she may be right.

samuraizero
11-05-2017, 05:26 PM
As someone said in the other thread. Toledo has met his match.

pdubs
11-05-2017, 05:28 PM
I would love to see the League defend the reffing in this one. Idk if the fix is in... but ref lost the plot and was out of his depth.

Batman
Does the team has an opportunity to protest any of the pending suspensions.
Maybe video evidence (if there is any) shows Jozy Altidore wasn't at fault? Was the referee even there?

James17930
My wife was yelling "it's a fix, it;s a fix."

You know, she may be right.

No. There are no fixes.

If MLS would want any team winning the Cup it's us. And while an all-NYC match up would be good, us vs. the Crew would still generate a lot of heat on both sides.

The refs in MLS are just bad. There are no fixes.

samuraizero
11-05-2017, 05:30 PM
The refs in MLS are just bad. There are no fixes.

But plenty of bias.

Ultra & Proud
11-05-2017, 05:34 PM
I don't think fix but just typical MLS ref incompetence. Can't judge anything on that match because he ruined it.

Furthermore, I'd love to see what actually happens when they convene at the PRO HQ to go over the matches. "Great job Chris! Helluva match".

And why do we have VAR when it seems unused?

BenRhodes23
11-05-2017, 05:34 PM
That Osorio "offside". The linesman put his flag up for offside, but that's not what the ref called. when it's offside, the ref puts his arm up vertical for offside and keeps it up until its touched by a second player after kicked because its indirect FK. he put his arm horizontal signaling free kick NY, didn't even look at the linesman, and then was running back with his hands down signalling direct free kick.

That's what confused me too. VAR is to challenge the ref's call, not whatever went on at the time. I didn't understand what Gio was booked for as well...

rydermike
11-05-2017, 05:35 PM
If MLS would want any team winning the Cup it's us.

I'm not suggesting a fix, but if the MLS had a preference, it would definitely not be us winning THIS YEAR. They would definitely prefer a US team to win since the US got eliminated from WC qualifying. A Canadian team winning the American league would just pile on to a terrible few months for American soccer.

BenRhodes23
11-05-2017, 05:35 PM
Does the team has an opportunity to protest any of the pending suspensions.
Maybe video evidence (if there is any) shows Jozy Altidore wasn't at fault? Was the referee even there?

Vanney said the NYRB players came to the TFC side of the tunnel so that one could get overturned but I doubt it as Altidore had a lot of questionable actions while he was on the pitch

PizzaEatingYeti
11-05-2017, 05:36 PM
This was horrible to watch in every possible aspect for a TFC fan.
Also made huge disservice to people watching worldwide first time TFC like maybe future TFC fans (among others the game was on Eurosport 1).

Vanney's game plan? Utter shit!
(Though I see many here say that this is the only way to play the Red Bulls. But then WTF, are you guys saying Red Bulls is a better team? Because almost always the weakest teams, the undersdogs can only play on the counter, and give up posession to the other team.

The club (TFC) should fine heavily (tens of thousands of $) the marquee players who comported like fucking idiots, amateurs, taking those yellow cards. Many big clubs use to do this in Europe,

Because of this we will be seriously depleted in Columbus.
Now there all we can do is to defend and counter and hope in a draw.

Whith all the shit game plan and shit play this should have been 1-1, it was a 100% clean own goal cancelled by the ref.
No fault whatsoever there by Osorio.

That ref is a criminal!
The league wanted TFC out...
Of course they do not want any Canadian team to win the MLS cup ever.

Lastly:
This TFC team is not the TFC team which it was until that Montreal game at BMO.
The only good enough game we played since was in Atlanta, but even that wasn't like a statement.

I hope the Toronto media will have some serious questions to Vanney and the players after this match.
We have to play a lot better to have any hope for the Cup like in these 2 games with the Red Bulls!

ensco
11-05-2017, 05:37 PM
Am I the only happy person around here?

What odds what you have given four years ago that there'd be a day when we would win a two game tie to go into the conference final, and everyone in here would be morose about it.

This is MLS. Where Supporters Shield winners go to do in the playoffs, because marginal teams eke out marginal results exactly like this.

We are so frackin' awesome ... that even when we don't play well, and we lose ... we still win!

rydermike
11-05-2017, 05:41 PM
That's what confused me too. VAR is to challenge the ref's call, not whatever went on at the time. I didn't understand what Gio was booked for as well...

Yeah the Giovinco yellow I couldn't stand. I'm always against dissent towards the ref, but all it appeared Gio was yelling was he pushed me and gesturing which he does I notice to compensate for his English. I've never seen yellows when watching or playing for a player calling for a non-foul call if they were saying what happened unless he's swearing at the ref or calling him something rude, or he keeps harping on it for an extended period of time. Did not appear Gio was doing that, he yelled out about the push instantaneously; different than the Bradley yellow where he kept harping on it well after the fact and the ref told him to walk away twice (I knew after he kept going after the second warning he was going to get carded.

Oldtimer
11-05-2017, 05:44 PM
Totally disagree that counter attacking was a mistake, that's what won us the first leg, and no one wins away in New Jersey.

The problem is that NYRB had a plan to rough up our players. It nearly worked and got our players carded.

PizzaEatingYeti
11-05-2017, 05:46 PM
We are so frackin' awesome ... that even when we don't play well, and we lose ... we still win!

The big problem here is that we almost never play good any more! :facepalm:

rydermike
11-05-2017, 05:47 PM
Like others have said DPs need to give their head a shake. The main people fighting arguing all game: Altidore, Vasquez, Bradley, Giovinco. Through 90, I do not recall Delgado doing anything stupid once, the other four, every single time something happened. I think the main issue is Bradley got rattled. He usually can keep everyone in line, but he was rattled, and you follow your leader I guess and no Bradley meant there was no one to keep them in line.

OgtheDim
11-05-2017, 05:48 PM
Ugly game. Awful ref. We were horrible. NYRB was horrible. Can't play like that against Columbus or NYCFC. But then again, those two teams are not as thuggish.

adam1001
11-05-2017, 05:48 PM
Why even give the ref the option though? How many times have we seen Gio do this after a call going against his way? And how many times has the ref overturned his decision? This childish hissy fit put us in a very bad spot heading into Columbus (unless Villa et all pull off a comeback of epic proportions). That being said, maybe we needed a change. Say what you will, but this is not the same team that was tearing the league apart mid summer.

wopchop
11-05-2017, 05:50 PM
I agree. Don't give him the option. Especially that ref in that game. The ref is not going to change his mind.

All in all, yes, the officiating was atrocious. But Altidore's actions were also unacceptable. In a situation like that, you unfortunately need to step up and be the bigger man. Yes PRO is a joke, but acting like that on the field and to the referee is not going to help yourself or your team. And look at the result, he gets a red when the Cup is on the line.

PizzaEatingYeti
11-05-2017, 05:52 PM
Say what you will, but this is not the same team that was tearing the league apart mid summer.

This is what I'm saying!
At least since we got our asses handed to us by Montreal at BMO, the team hit a prolonged eclipse of form.

Seriously, if we played all seasen like since, we would have been a marginal playoff team IMO.
Supporter shield? Second place in East? No way in hell...

Initial B
11-05-2017, 05:52 PM
Remember, before the game the TSN said that Marsch said his game plan was to 'sow chaos' and not allow TFC to play their game. It worked almost to perfection. In addition to the inexplicable refereeing, TFC escaped a game where nothing went in their favour. Hopefully the next match against Columbus will be a less biased.

GerMc
11-05-2017, 06:03 PM
Hey, leaving the game tonight I was very frustrated, but then I remembered one thing...we won. It was ugly, but we did what we needed to do to advance. There was atrocious refereeing and some not great choices by our players, but WE WON. The goal was to advance and we did. We will start off the series with (likely) Columbus at a disadvantage without Gio and Jozy, but we are deep and I believe that this team will do what they need to do to win. I believe!

jloome
11-05-2017, 06:08 PM
Am I the only happy person around here?

What odds what you have given four years ago that there'd be a day when we would win a two game tie to go into the conference final, and everyone in here would be morose about it.

This is MLS. Where Supporters Shield winners go to do in the playoffs, because marginal teams eke out marginal results exactly like this.

Yeah, I'd go with this perspective. The reality is, the officiating was far too loose in the first half, and if that wasn't the case, they wouldn't have had a shot on net. In the second, they get a goal from a lucky deflection but nothing more. We played half-field pressure up 2-1 with two away goals, which is the smart tactic.

The Giovinco yellow was absurd. I mean, the replay clearly shows a hand to the small of his back, and that's all it takes.

Altidore, I don't know. I think he's a bit of a dope. He's a nice guy, but I think he's about as smart as a can of paint. Tons of talent and strength, and he underwhelms. He should be a 20-goal guy in this league, and instead every other game we have to worry about something stupid like this. I don't want to get rid of him; he's too valuable by MLS standards and he and Giovinco love each other.

But Bez has some hard decisions coming up. Seba looks to have lost a step, or his thigh injury was worse than advertised. He's still a total threat from set pieces, but he hasn't had a goal from run of play in nearly three months. Altidore is the most expensive striker in the league but has probably peaked/plateau'd (hopefully the latter.)

I think they're both good for one more season, in all honesty, then tough decisions have to be made.

Also interested to see if Hamilton starts next week. He must have a real personality issue (didn't play in Portugal, lost his spot seemingly to spencer here) despite the fact that he seems to score just about whenever we play him. When we went without Seba and Jozy earlier in the season against LA, it didn't really matter, as Vasquez still pulled them apart, and Hamilton/Ricketts did the trick. I'd like to see them together next week.

Putting Vasquez up front is fine, but he's a playmaker now, not a striker, and we don't have a like-for-like replacement, due to his talent.

Kaz
11-05-2017, 06:09 PM
Can't blame Gio's Yellow too much that was the Ref so I don't really blame him.. Don't even really blame Bradley too much as the Ref was frustrating though Bradley needs to know when to walk away.

Jozy on the other hand... if we lose due to the Conference Final first leg... Jozy needs to go... he didn't need to be involved in anything that happened there. Jozy gave him self the yellow and the Red was I suspect planned. If Sacha went at Jozy in the hall that was intentional. So that occurred solely because of Jozy. It is disgusting and shameful.

OgtheDim
11-05-2017, 06:13 PM
Team officials indicating NYRB came at Jozy in the tunnel. Looking for tapes to send to the league.

After that game, I despise Marsch. Calculated thuggery.

Davenport
11-05-2017, 06:14 PM
Totally disagree that counter attacking was a mistake, that's what won us the first leg, and no one wins away in New Jersey.

The problem is that NYRB had a plan to rough up our players. It nearly worked and got our players carded.

You counter attack away from home, not at home, especially with a lead. It's inviting trouble, which we nearly got.

tfcleeds
11-05-2017, 06:17 PM
WTF did I just watch? Oh well, I sure hope Ricketts and Hamilton are up for it next match.

A shameful display by our DPs. And that ref made Toledo look like Collina.

Davenport
11-05-2017, 06:17 PM
Can't blame Gio's Yellow too much that was the Ref so I don't really blame him.. Don't even really blame Bradley too much as the Ref was frustrating though Bradley needs to know when to walk away.

Jozy on the other hand... if we lose due to the Conference Final first leg... Jozy needs to go... he didn't need to be involved in anything that happened there. Jozy gave him self the yellow and the Red was I suspect planned. If Sacha went at Jozy in the hall that was intentional. So that occurred solely because of Jozy. It is disgusting and shameful.

Giovinco and Bradley both behaved like kids. They got what they deserved.

RealG-TFC
11-05-2017, 06:20 PM
Hey, leaving the game tonight I was very frustrated, but then I remembered one thing...we won. It was ugly, but we did what we needed to do to advance. There was atrocious refereeing and some not great choices by our players, but WE WON. The goal was to advance and we did. We will start off the series with (likely) Columbus at a disadvantage without Gio and Jozy, but we are deep and I believe that this team will do what they need to do to win. I believe!

This. I only watched the second half, and even then I am at work so I couldn't focus too much but this is what is most pertinent. Remember when Vieira last year was 10 mintutes away from being regarded as a masterful tactician for playing us physically in leg 1? No one barely does because in the end we came out on top.

We can still come out on top in the ECF, as the Crew and NYC do not seem anymore superior than the Red Bulls. Perhaps a suspension is what our DPs need to grow up.

Whoever suggested we start Cheyrou next game I think has the right idea.

BenRhodes23
11-05-2017, 06:35 PM
Yeah the Giovinco yellow I couldn't stand. I'm always against dissent towards the ref, but all it appeared Gio was yelling was he pushed me and gesturing which he does I notice to compensate for his English. I've never seen yellows when watching or playing for a player calling for a non-foul call if they were saying what happened unless he's swearing at the ref or calling him something rude, or he keeps harping on it for an extended period of time. Did not appear Gio was doing that, he yelled out about the push instantaneously; different than the Bradley yellow where he kept harping on it well after the fact and the ref told him to walk away twice (I knew after he kept going after the second warning he was going to get carded.

Also - if Giovinco were to scream something in the heat of the moment, it's more than likely to be in Italian which I assume the referee doesn't speak so no yellow for me. Bradley deserved what he got.

BenRhodes23
11-05-2017, 06:36 PM
This. I only watched the second half, and even then I am at work so I couldn't focus too much but this is what is most pertinent. Remember when Vieira last year was 10 mintutes away from being regarded as a masterful tactician for playing us physically in leg 1? No one barely does because in the end we came out on top.

We can still come out on top in the ECF, as the Crew and NYC do not seem anymore superior than the Red Bulls. Perhaps a suspension is what our DPs need to grow up.

Whoever suggested we start Cheyrou next game I think has the right idea.

Maybe Cheyrou/ Bradley in defensive midfield, Delgado in front of them and Vazquez/ Ricketts up top?

General Woolfe
11-05-2017, 06:45 PM
Team officials indicating NYRB came at Jozy in the tunnel. Looking for tapes to send to the league.

After that game, I despise Marsch. Calculated thuggery.
https://www.torontofc.ca/post/2017/11/05/you-always-need-least-one-big-play-games-these-we-got-alex-bono-today-greg-vanney?autoplay=true

It was interesting to listen to Vanney's post match interview. I wonder if we might have case to appeal either a second yellow or straight red that was given to Altidore. Knowing this league, and its blind defence of its officials, weve probably no chance of challenging it, however it will be interesting to see how this unfolds. I dont know if Vanney is referring to official cctv or fan video as it sounds like the melee happened near the area that's visible to fans

Initial B
11-05-2017, 06:56 PM
It will be interesting to see if any fans post the fracas to social media in the next couple of hours. And how quick MLS will send a cease and desist order to those companies.

TheGoodson
11-05-2017, 07:01 PM
I find a lot of you extremely over the top...

jozy gets manhandled every game, when he has his back to goal. He had a bad night, he stuck up for Seba on a cheap foul and Sasha is a dick and had been going at Jozy over both legs. All reports is the the NYRB went after Jozy so if he was defending himself how can yiy people rip on him. He is an integral piece of this team we would not be here if wasn’t for him.

Bradley is the leader of this team. He needed to make a point as the ref was terrible. What did he do wrong?

Seba is another player who is fouled all the time and the majority of the game the ref doesn’t call it and he got upset. His first yellow in the first leg is where all of you enraged fans should be upset about. Not today but he scored a goal on Sunday so his stupidity in NY is why he is missing the next match.

To all of you doom and gloom fans who probably haven’t been around when they were shit enjoy it we are in the conference finals

I still like our chances in Columbus with everyone missing. Bring in Ricketts up top and osorio in the middle push Vasquez as secondary striker and win 1-0. Columbus has been riding a lot of luck multiple posts against and a red card. So even with a depleted team we should still be favourex

Batman
11-05-2017, 07:08 PM
Greg Vanney (http://www.sbnation.com/soccer/mls/players/152021/greg-vanney) is hopeful that MLS might review the incident under the stands with Altidore.

“We’ve lost [Altidore and Giovinco] as of now,” said Vanney after the match. “There’s video footage, I think, of what happened in the tunnel. By my estimation, or what I’ve heard, Jozy basically got ambushed in the tunnel and we’ll see where that goes.”

Vanney said he did not see the start of the incident, as he was shepherding frustrated Toronto players off the field. However, he says he has a witness account and that the club is working on getting video of the incident.

“Jozy was followed in and basically confronted,” Vanney said of what he had heard from others. “He turned around, and my understanding is next thing you know there were four, five, six Red Bulls people all rushing him, towards him, at the same time. The rest, we’ll see.”

From "Walking the Red"

https://www.wakingthered.com/toronto-fc/2017/11/5/16610446/jozy-altidore-sacha-kljestan-tunnel-toronto-fc-new-york-red-bulls-greg-vanney

James17930
11-05-2017, 07:14 PM
I find a lot of you extremely over the top...

jozy gets manhandled every game, when he has his back to goal. He had a bad night, he stuck up for Seba on a cheap foul and Sasha is a dick and had been going at Jozy over both legs. All reports is the the NYRB went after Jozy so if he was defending himself how can yiy people rip on him. He is an integral piece of this team we would not be here if wasn’t for him.

Bradley is the leader of this team. He needed to make a point as the ref was terrible. What did he do wrong?

Seba is another player who is fouled all the time and the majority of the game the ref doesn’t call it and he got upset. His first yellow in the first leg is where all of you enraged fans should be upset about. Not today but he scored a goal on Sunday so his stupidity in NY is why he is missing the next match.

To all of you doom and gloom fans who probably haven’t been around when they were shit enjoy it we are in the conference finals

I still like our chances in Columbus with everyone missing. Bring in Ricketts up top and osorio in the middle push Vasquez as secondary striker and win 1-0. Columbus has been riding a lot of luck multiple posts against and a red card. So even with a depleted team we should still be favourex

You're right. I think we're being too hard on Jozy without knowing what actually happened.

I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt until we know more.

rydermike
11-05-2017, 07:18 PM
https://www.torontofc.ca/post/2017/11/05/you-always-need-least-one-big-play-games-these-we-got-alex-bono-today-greg-vanney?autoplay=true

It was interesting to listen to Vanney's post match interview. I wonder if we might have case to appeal either a second yellow or straight red that was given to Altidore. Knowing this league, and its blind defence of its officials, weve probably no chance of challenging it, however it will be interesting to see how this unfolds. I dont know if Vanney is referring to official cctv or fan video as it sounds like the melee happened near the area that's visible to fans

That quote at the end gets me. Vanney said the ref apologized to Vasquez for calling back his goal since he never asked for yards.