PDA

View Full Version : Other MLS Games - Sunday 22 October - Decision Day - All Games at 4pm

OgtheDim
10-21-2017, 02:14 PM
ESPN is not showing a game but apparently will have whip around coverage.

NYRB @ DCU - Last game at RFK - expected to be about 35K there for this one. Game means nothing to DCU while NYRB is looking for momentum, avoiding injuries & red cards. DCU will win it at the death 2-1.

NER @ Montreal - Probably Biello's last game, & Bernier's. NER has the best home record and the worst away record. Nothing will change in this game. 3-0 for Montreal.

Columbus @ NYCFC - Game played in a different baseball stadium. Before Tuesday, I would have said Columbus was the favourite here but Columbus' focus must be questioned. NYC has been sputtering but should do just enough to grab 2nd. 3-2 for NYC.

Orlando @ Philly - Two teams just playing it out with nothing on the line either means a great game or something painful. I'm going to go with the later. 0-0 draw.

LAG @ Dallas - Dallas has to get more points today then SJE. I'm thinking SJE will thump the Loons and cause Dallas to implode in the 70th minute or so. 3-2 win for LAG.

SKC @ RSL - Both teams want a win here just in case everybody around them fails. Both teams need help to go up the table. In this case, that's going to mean a 1-1 draw that really helps neither enough.

Vancouver @ Portland - simple - Portland wins, they get 1st in the West and home field advantage until MLS Cup. Draw and it goes to Vancouver. In theory, Vancouver could fall to 3rd but I'm thinking they will grind out a draw here. 2-2

Minnesota @ SJE - SJE is highly motivated for this one. Win and they are in. They will get a win. 4-1 for SJE.

Colorado @ Seattle - Seattle wants a bye. Colorado just wants to get it over. 3-0 for Seattle

Chicago @ Houston - in theory, Houston can climb up to 3rd with a win here. But, I'm thinking Chicago is going to be more motivated, even at a place where hardly anybody succeeds away. 2-0 for the Fire

I think its going to end

Toronto
NYCFC
Chicago
Atlanta
Columbus
NYRB

Vancouver
Seattle
Portland
SKC
Houston
SJE

OgtheDim
10-22-2017, 03:47 PM
Dempsey straight red card means he is out for their first playoff game.

flatpicker
10-22-2017, 06:44 PM
Dempsey straight red card means he is out for their first playoff game.

I really didn't think it deserved a straight red.
Wouldn't be surprised if they appeal.

Fort York Redcoat
10-23-2017, 10:05 AM
Wondo is tied with Jeff Cunningham for all-time goals.

Please come back one more season Wondo.

Fort York Redcoat
10-23-2017, 10:42 AM
Bad day for the Gals.

We take the record from them and Dallas drubs them 5-1.

Fort York Redcoat
10-23-2017, 11:47 AM
That Seattle performance was luuuuuuckyyyyyy. They may have a tough time proceeding in pussplops

Fort York Redcoat
10-23-2017, 11:53 AM
Good day for sports in Houston. Giant killing. That was Chicago's first team.

Globetrotter
10-23-2017, 11:56 AM
Chicago in tough against NYRB.

What a goal for Wondo and SJ. Kind of like our goal last year in Vancouver for the CCL.