PDA

View Full Version : Other MLS Game Tonight - Minnesota @ Atlanta 7pm

OgtheDim
10-03-2017, 03:20 PM
Minnesota is better then they were at the beginning of the season but their defence still can't handle the Atlanta speed. Atlanta is getting tired but they should still have enough to beat up on the Loons.

What we want - a big win for the Loons
What will happen - a win for Atlanta, not as impressive as in the past, but that won't stop the hype train

Cuppy
10-03-2017, 03:52 PM
Really hoping Atlanta doesn't wrap up 2nd spot as I do not want them to have that break. Let them slug it out with the others and we can clean up later

OgtheDim
10-03-2017, 06:51 PM
Atlanta has taken the crown of whiniest team.

I know they are tired but their defence can be had by decent technique.

TheSloanRanger
10-03-2017, 07:20 PM
What a strike !!

TheSloanRanger
10-03-2017, 07:24 PM
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=UO-vW4KkuRI

if anyone's interested

Detroit_TFC
10-03-2017, 07:47 PM
Looked for a bit in the second half like it was going to go all pear shaped for Atlanta and then they turned it around big time.

Detroit_TFC
10-03-2017, 07:52 PM
Game has turned quite ugly, rash, dumb tackles on both sides.

Detroit_TFC
10-03-2017, 08:08 PM
Big response by Minnesota, with a winning goal in stoppage. Probably seals 2nd for NYCFC.

OgtheDim
10-03-2017, 08:29 PM
Atlanta fans were chanting "F Orlando" for a few minutes before the Loons scored their equalizer.

Oldtimer
10-03-2017, 10:36 PM
This will give Vanney some clues how to beat this team.

ensco
10-04-2017, 06:26 AM
Atlanta is the team I want to play.

There are a couple of teams out there that can clog the middield and play lock down. Atlanta isn’t one of them.

OgtheDim
10-04-2017, 06:28 AM
BTW, Atlanta fan hit the ref with a water bottle. Hope they ban that guy's ass forever.

Initial B
10-04-2017, 06:45 AM
^ Lifetime Ban, apparently. Time to see how their fans face adversity and who the real fans are after the bandwagoneers start falling off.

General Woolfe
10-05-2017, 08:06 PM
I won't BS, Atlanta are the one team that scare me. I think we're at the stage now that full strengthi like our chances of going up against anyone. All things being equal that goes for AUFC as well. However their attack does worry me, and they seem to have the ability of stepping up the pace and going on a hot streak where they can put 3 or 4 goals past a team in a 20 minute spell. I would add though, TFC can do the same, but the pace of the Atlanta attack is the one thing that gives me concern.

For what it's worth I've got a feeling that the Red Bulls and the Crew will be our opponents en route to a conference final against Citylite. Make no mistake that makes for three tough ties, especially the away legs, where we will need to keep things tight at the back. Hopefully we can add some away markers that will make the home ties less tense. I just hope we avoid a trip to the MBS. (Coward that I am) I fancy a trip to the mini field of Yankee stadium could be the downfall of Atlanta

Enough of speculation though, I'll take any route to the MLS Cup, so long as TFC win it!

Blindside16
10-05-2017, 11:51 PM
BTW, Atlanta fan hit the ref with a water bottle. Hope they ban that guy's ass forever.

It looks like the completely threw the book at him. It's good to see a strong message from the club and league.

https://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2017/10/05/major-league-soccer-issues-ban-unacceptable-fan-conduct