PDA

View Full Version : Match Day 32 - NYRB @ TFC Saturday Sept 30 - It's Time

OgtheDim
09-24-2017, 06:41 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0b2BLUrYbJs

Have at It People

OgtheDim
09-24-2017, 06:59 AM
Vanney indicated last night that everybody but Hagglund will be ready to be in consideration for next week.

RedsYNWA
09-24-2017, 10:04 AM
A win is a must we need momentum/confidence...I am getting scared we could be bounced out by Atlanta in the playoffs

mowe
09-24-2017, 11:14 AM
Last two games were merely blips, time to get back on track. I like our chances against NYRB...

PizzaEatingYeti
09-24-2017, 01:28 PM
If we don't get minimum 7 points from the last 3 games of the season, TFC will shit on this truly beautiful season.
Even now, because of these 2 lost games, my guess is that TFC can only make a case to be one of the 3 best ever teams of MLS.
At least they should keep this image...

OgtheDim
09-24-2017, 01:53 PM
Nah....we get 3 out of these 3 games and move on into the playoffs.

That last game on turf vs. Atlanta will mean absolutely bupkiss.

sn0re
09-24-2017, 02:12 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0b2BLUrYbJs

Have at It People

Is it possible if I can request a rush song for the next match thread? :) :P

Blindside16
09-25-2017, 12:25 AM
We should be fielding our A team for this one. Lets get everyone clicking in time for the playoffs and show the league we are the team to beat.

SoccMan2
09-25-2017, 04:10 AM

Better learn how to play on turf pretty quick because if they don't and have to play Atlanta in the first game of a home and away two game series, they might be out of it by the time the second game comes to Toronto with an insurmountable goals against that they might have to overcome back at BMO.

BelfastBoy
09-25-2017, 07:11 AM
Better learn how to play on turf pretty quick because if they don't and have to play Atlanta in the first game of a home and away two game series, they might be out of it by the time the second game comes to Toronto with an insurmountable goals against that they might have to overcome back at BMO.

No bleedin' way.

BelfastBoy
09-25-2017, 07:23 AM
If we don't get minimum 7 points from the last 3 games of the season, TFC will shit on this truly beautiful season.
Even now, because of these 2 lost games, my guess is that TFC can only make a case to be one of the 3 best ever teams of MLS.

If TFC wins the MLS Cup no one will care about these two games.

sidvan
09-25-2017, 07:25 AM
Is it possible if I can request a rush song for the next match thread? :) :P

YYZ ?

Oldtimer
09-25-2017, 08:22 AM
YYZ ?

live in Brazil is the best version (hint, hint).

Oldtimer
09-25-2017, 08:23 AM
A win is a must we need momentum/confidence...I am getting scared we could be bounced out by Atlanta in the playoffs

With everyone on board, we could see a turn around.

It's important for TFC to get the first goal. Then TFC will win.

sn0re
09-25-2017, 08:36 AM
live in Brazil is the best version (hint, hint).

I was more thinking of Marathon..but yyz live is always good!

michaeltfc91
09-25-2017, 09:27 AM
This is gonna be similar to the 3rd last game of 2015... Home game against NYRB... and we will win with a spectacular goal from Giovinco. However, in 2015 we only clinched a playoff birth, this time we will clinch the Supports Shield. Its gonna be a partyyyyy :scarf:

ensco
09-25-2017, 10:36 AM
I expect better Saturday, but it's another life-or-death game for a more-than-decent opponent, and I still expect guys to bail out on 50/50 balls to avoid injury.

Getting in form is not the same objective as winning. We could lose.

I was disappointed in the booing Wednesday. In my opinion, it'll be important to NOT get on the team if we go down, or if we don't get the result.

Derko
09-25-2017, 10:43 AM

Not worried, and as indicated earlier, the MLS is far better than in 1998 when LA had the best record, I care about Supporter's Shield, International Club Football (Champion's League) and MLS Cup, in any order

UpTheReds
09-25-2017, 10:44 AM
We need to get back on track with a solid performance and 3 points. This Atlanta side is firing on all cylinders and in my opinion, at this exact moment in time, is the best team in the east (before everyone loses their mind, I am talking over the last 4 or 5 games.) TFC need to sort things out and carry some good play in the playoffs.

paul-collins
09-25-2017, 02:58 PM
I was disappointed in the booing Wednesday. In my opinion, it'll be important to NOT get on the team if we go down, or if we don't get the result.
Man, cut the fans some slack. The game was awful to watch. It's fine to play at 80% throttle (like you said, avoiding injury) but that game was way worse than that.

wopchop
09-25-2017, 03:32 PM
I expect better Saturday, but it's another life-or-death game for a more-than-decent opponent, and I still expect guys to bail out on 50/50 balls to avoid injury.

Getting in form is not the same objective as winning. We could lose.

Were people booing? I remember booing after the video review did not go our way. Was there something else?

gmacpheetfc
09-25-2017, 04:09 PM
did somebody say pitch invasion?

flatpicker
09-25-2017, 04:55 PM
did somebody say pitch invasion?

I was one of many who ran onto the pitch all those years ago.
But that was turf.

Now I say: KEEP OFF THE GRASS!
:stogey:

ensco
09-25-2017, 05:07 PM
Were people booing? I remember booing after the video review did not go our way. Was there something else?

After the fourth and fifth goals. Yes.

Then they jeered Bono whenever he handled the ball

ensco
09-25-2017, 05:19 PM
Man, cut the fans some slack. The game was awful to watch. It's fine to play at 80% throttle (like you said, avoiding injury) but that game was way worse than that.

"Do the fans sing only when we have the ball? Oh, no, no, no. When we are under pressure, the fans understand our pain and they sing their hearts out. They understand the complexity of the game, and when the players are suffering. They are very, very close to us."

https://www.theplayerstribune.com/claudio-ranieri-leicester-city-premier-league/

fergiejr
09-25-2017, 06:06 PM
South end got louder the deeper in the hole we got, so that drowned out the booing. None of the regulars in my section were booing - although some of us sure felt like it. ;-)

wopchop
09-26-2017, 02:45 AM
South end got louder the deeper in the hole we got, so that drowned out the booing. None of the regulars in my section were booing - although some of us sure felt like it. ;-)
Yeah, I don't remember really hearing much booing around me either (110)

Derko
09-26-2017, 06:09 AM
Yeah, I don't remember really hearing much booing around me either (110)

Nor did we, 110, a bit of shaking heads in disbelief, no booing though

OgtheDim
09-26-2017, 06:15 AM
There was some ironic cheers when Bono stopped one @ about 40 minutes. No booing of the Reds though from 221. A lot of people leaving around 55 minutes. But way more of us stayed to see them get closer.

Leedsoronto
09-26-2017, 08:03 AM
IMO it's a wise decision keeping Seba and Alti back to get 100% fit, the playoffs are in the bag and the SSheild is just a win away.

We can afford to lose a couple and at the same time look at alternative strikers, which goes prove we need our A team

paul-collins
09-26-2017, 08:07 AM
"Do the fans sing only when we have the ball? Oh, no, no, no. When we are under pressure, the fans understand our pain and they sing their hearts out. They understand the complexity of the game, and when the players are suffering. They are very, very close to us."

https://www.theplayerstribune.com/claudio-ranieri-leicester-city-premier-league/
It's one thing to suffer honestly with players who aren't performing/can't perform due to circumstances outside their control, or under pressure, or if one or two players are having an off day.

It's entirely different when the game feels like it's mailed in. Which is what this one felt like.

I don't take "thick or thin" to mean "when the players show up or not." There has to be some expectation of professionalism, especially in the thin times.

I mean, I stayed until the end. I cheered rather than booing. I would rather urge the players on than dismiss them.

But I'd rather have fans boo than leave, to be honest. At least they're still engaged.

Fort York Redcoat
09-26-2017, 08:13 AM
IMO it's a wise decision keeping Seba and Alti back to get 100% fit, the playoffs are in the bag and the SSheild is just a win away.

We can afford to lose a couple and at the same time look at alternative strikers, which goes prove we need our A team

And this is why I can't respect this league.

Fort York Redcoat
09-26-2017, 08:15 AM

Does that not mean the most wins in a season in Supporter Shield history? That. That is what I want. We could've been a win away from it now.

molenshtain
09-26-2017, 08:16 AM
And this is why I can't respect this league.

How is this different than say, Barcelona resting player in LA Liga when they have a champions league semi-final or final coming up? It's a pretty common practice. We have the league basically tied up. No reason to grind the team into the ground for a couple more points when we have a grueling playoff run to get through.

Fort York Redcoat
09-26-2017, 08:18 AM
How is this different than say, Barcelona resting player in LA Liga when they have a champions league semi-final or final coming up? It's a pretty common practice. We have the league basically tied up. No reason to grind the team into the ground for a couple more points when we have a grueling playoff run to get through.

A record. For a record.

molenshtain
09-26-2017, 08:23 AM
A record. For a record.

Would you prefer a worn down team who gets the record but falls short in the playoffs due to exhaustion, or a team who gets the shield and the cup but doesn't get the record? That's the question Vanney has answered with his selections and I think he's right. More important to be 100% and win the Cup to right lasts years wrong.

The Record we can go after anytime. next year we'll honestly probably be better. We had incredibly bad luck with scheduling and especially injuries up and down the lineup.

Fort York Redcoat
09-26-2017, 08:24 AM
Would you prefer a worn down team who gets the record but falls short in the playoffs due to exhaustion, or a team who gets the shield and the cup but doesn't get the record? That's the question Vanney has answered with his selections and I think he's right. More important to be 100% and win the Cup to right lasts years wrong.

The Record we can go after anytime. next year we'll honestly probably be better. We had incredibly bad luck with scheduling and especially injuries up and down the lineup.

I don't do pussplops. I hate the NA mentality of sneaking into the playoffs to win it all. Yes I know that's how it is. I just don't like it.

Whatever. On topic, this is the game thread so

Let's win this one game at a time.

molenshtain
09-26-2017, 08:38 AM
I don't do pussplops. I hate the NA mentality of sneaking into the playoffs to win it all. Yes I know that's how it is. I just don't like it.

Whatever. On topic, this is the game thread so

Let's win this one game at a time.

well, ok. I provided a common example of the same thing taking place in Europe but alright. To each his own I guess. my #1 priority if I'm Vanney is to make 100% is to right lasts years wrong and give us a cup win at home.

Not getting the record doesn't mean we won't be in the conversation of best MLS teams of all time, it just means it might not be as definitive. I can live with that pretty easily but I understand where your coming from.

But yes, back on topic. I'm away until the playoffs start, which really sucks because going to games is such a thrill. Games really aren't as fun on TV.

The red bulls can be had, I think. They certainly aren't the behemoth they were 2-3 years ago. 2-0 TFC.

Oldtimer
09-26-2017, 08:52 AM

Vanney has his own experience as a player on the '98 Galaxy team. They got that points record that has stood all those years and until TFC went on that run this year NOBODY ever mentioned or cared about that record because the Galaxy didn't win the cup.

I'm sure that's scarred in his memory and he never wants to go there again. So he'll do everything to win the Cup and be willing to dispense with the all time record. That never was a goal. Nice to have but it's no big deal.

I know for some of us the Shield is the bigger prize because you have to be consistently good, but for the average fan the Cup is everything. It's like nobody cares about the President's trophy in hockey, North America runs on playoffs.

Canary10
09-26-2017, 09:14 AM
Vanney has his own experience as a player on the '98 Galaxy team. They got that points record that has stood all those years and until TFC went on that run this year NOBODY ever mentioned or cared about that record because the Galaxy didn't win the cup.

I'm sure that's scarred in his memory and he never wants to go there again. So he'll do everything to win the Cup and be willing to dispense with the all time record. That never was a goal. Nice to have but it's no big deal.

I know for some of us the Shield is the bigger prize because you have to be consistently good, but for the average fan the Cup is everything. It's like nobody cares about the President's trophy in hockey, North America runs on playoffs.

Nobody talks about who won the cup that year either. I honestly don't know who won it. Having the best season in league history is something a bit higher and longer lasting than the cup imo. I mean, I don't know who won the Diamond League 100m championship in 1993, but I can sure as hell tell you who owns the current 100m world record.

molenshtain
09-26-2017, 09:17 AM

Oldtimer
09-26-2017, 09:20 AM
Nobody talks about who won the cup that year either. I honestly don't know who won it. Having the best season in league history is something a bit higher and longer lasting than the cup imo. I mean, I don't know who won the Diamond League 100m championship in 1993, but I can sure as hell tell you who owns the current 100m world record.

Chicago. I knew that without looking it up. They were the first ever expansion team to win the cup.

gmacpheetfc
09-26-2017, 09:22 AM
Will the Supporter Shield be there on Saturday? Do the players get medals?

Canary10
09-26-2017, 09:24 AM
Chicago. I knew that without looking it up. They were the first ever expansion team to win the cup.

Great, thanks for telling me. That will spark significant dinner table conversation.

Fort York Redcoat
09-26-2017, 10:38 AM
well, ok. I provided a common example of the same thing taking place in Europe but alright. To each his own I guess. my #1 priority if I'm Vanney is to make 100% is to right lasts years wrong and give us a cup win at home.

Not getting the record doesn't mean we won't be in the conversation of best MLS teams of all time, it just means it might not be as definitive. I can live with that pretty easily but I understand where your coming from.

But yes, back on topic. I'm away until the playoffs start, which really sucks because going to games is such a thrill. Games really aren't as fun on TV.

The red bulls can be had, I think. They certainly aren't the behemoth they were 2-3 years ago. 2-0 TFC.

Sorry you're missing the games.

but

That example you provided is not oranges to oranges. Ask me again when our champions league fixtures are coming up.

Red Bulls can be had. If we go with our best this time.

Oldtimer
09-26-2017, 10:38 AM
Will the Supporter Shield be there on Saturday? Do the players get medals?

Phil already said that (assuming TFC wins it) it will be presented October 15th. In front of our friends the Impact and their supporters.

Cas87
09-26-2017, 11:05 AM
Phil already said that (assuming TFC wins it) it will be presented October 15th. In front of our friends the Impact and their supporters.

Just to add, if I remember correctly from Phil the "delay" is mainly logistics to get the shield itself up here (also because I think they do not want to ship it up to us until it is 100% confirmed)

Oldtimer
09-26-2017, 11:25 AM
Everyone back but Giovinco.

https://twitter.com/JohnMolinaro/status/912712405662224384

UpTheReds
09-26-2017, 11:35 AM
Good news. John also said Seba is doing football related activity he's just not training with the team. He can't be far away.

OgtheDim
09-26-2017, 12:20 PM
Full article

http://www.sportsnet.ca/soccer/tfc-notebook-altidore-close-returning-seba-might-need-time/

Initial B
09-26-2017, 01:15 PM
If Seba or Jozy are ready to go, then I want Vanney to replace Bradley with Cheyrou. Over the last couple of games, MB has looked tired. And with the October international games coming up, I want him rested before the playoffs to avoid something like what happened to Almiron.

C.Ronaldo
09-26-2017, 01:23 PM
Sorry you're missing the games.

but

That example you provided is not oranges to oranges. Ask me again when our champions league fixtures are coming up.

Red Bulls can be had. If we go with our best this time.

last two game were defensive F ups. I know good fwds keep the pressure off the D, but The D got us in this mess, I want them to get us out

Oldtimer
09-26-2017, 01:23 PM
If Seba or Jozy are ready to go, then I want Vanney to replace Bradley with Cheyrou. Over the last couple of games, MB has looked tired. And with the October international games coming up, I want him rested before the playoffs to avoid something like what happened to Almiron.

That's a good point. Maybe bring him on for 30 minutes this game or next, then have him play on the turf in Atlanta on October 22nd.

C.Ronaldo
09-26-2017, 01:25 PM
on whos playing

Rahim and Hasler have proven themselves again. Hasler more so.

I wonder what its going to take to supersede the starters

Cas87
09-26-2017, 03:03 PM
^^ I feel as though Hasler will get the start versus the Red Bulls over Beita. (But would be switch on a moments notice if needed)

Raheem and Osorio I think are options 1a and 1b (depending on need) followed by Ricketts in terms of frist choice subs.

Auzzy
09-26-2017, 03:14 PM

I totally agree. Not sure how much of it was tiredness or something else, but he definitely seemed off for portions of the games. Problem is, I don't know if Bradley would allow Vanney to keep him off the field. Which is also a problem.

TheSloanRanger
09-26-2017, 03:40 PM

I find it very hard to believe Michael will miss another second of a match this year. I can only imagine the conversation between him and Vanney about missing any time.
"Michael I think it'd be best if....."
"No"

I know at the end of the day it is the managers decision but with a guy like Bradley, I just can't see it happening. I have been wrong before though, quite a bit actually.

ensco
09-26-2017, 04:52 PM

This I would bet anyone, Vanney will not do. If Bradley were going to sit, it would have been in the last two games.

Now that we will be at full strength, and have only three games to go, Vanney is focused on getting guys clicking. He will go 100% with the playoff starting lineups for NYRB and Montreal, it'll be interesting to see how he works Hagglund and Cheyrou back in, given that he needs to get work in for Ricketts, and whoever of Osorio/Delgado isn't starting.

For the Atlanta game, he will have a tough call. He may well want to mail it in, same as the last two games, because of the turf - but if Atlanta looks as a playoff opponent - as they do now - you want guys getting used to the turf/atmosphere down there

TheSloanRanger
09-26-2017, 05:14 PM
I'd love to see Hagglund back in the xi for this one. Nothing against Zavs, I just love what Hagglund can bring in the air.
Bono
Hagglund Moor Mavinga
Hasler Morrow
Delgado Bradley Vazquez
Ricketts Altidore

sn0re
09-26-2017, 08:18 PM
I'd love to see Hagglund back in the xi for this one. Nothing against Zavs, I just love what Hagglund can bring in the air.
Bono
Hagglund Moor Mavinga
Hasler Morrow
Delgado Bradley Vazquez
Ricketts Altidore

How would Hamilton fair with Jozy if he were to start?

MightyDM
09-26-2017, 09:51 PM
Bono
Hagglund Moor Mavinga
Hasler Morrow
Delgado Bradley Vazquez
Ricketts Altidore

Me too But he has to be on the bench before starting. But a very important player for us, if we can get him up to game speed.

Blindside16
09-26-2017, 11:30 PM
I'd personally be shocked if Hagglund saw any minutes. The international break is upon us, no sense in trying to rush to get him minutes just for the sake of it. I would rather see him work on his fitness and the play on the 15th. I think Seba plays in some form Saturday. I hope he starts but wouldn't be shocked to see him come on for the last half hour. The Redbulls are most definitely can be had, we half to make sure we mark BWP close. He has a history of shredding our backline. Overall I am confident we can pick up 3 points here and right the ship.

Shakes McQueen
09-27-2017, 04:09 AM
Mama always said there would be weeks like last week. Shake it off, lock down the Shield, and then do what you gotta do to get ready for the post-season.

C.Ronaldo
09-27-2017, 08:57 AM
How would Hamilton fair with Jozy if he were to start?

hamilton has probably cemented his butt to the bench. rickets scored plenty on his own.

Vanney's pick of pylon spencer was a message

TheGoodson
09-27-2017, 09:28 AM
hamilton has probably cemented his butt to the bench. rickets scored plenty on his own.

Vanney's pick of pylon spencer was a message

They are different strikers, Spencer for all of his issues is the only true target striker we have outside of Jozy...

I have said this before, but there is a reason why players don't get minutes...

OgtheDim
09-27-2017, 11:11 AM
https://twitter.com/JohnMolinaro/status/913072368255422465

https://twitter.com/JohnMolinaro/status/913072849363062789

Both these guys give a poop, good to see.

Ben - D.O.W.
09-27-2017, 12:05 PM
Both these guys give a poop, good to see.

Getting dead links on my phone. Who was this about?

OgtheDim
09-27-2017, 12:10 PM
Molinaro took it down it seems.

In training, Mavinga & Bradley got into a heated profane arguement that didn't last long, they settled it and went back to intense training.

TheSloanRanger
09-27-2017, 01:43 PM

In training, Mavinga & Bradley got into a heated profane arguement that didn't last long, they settled it and went back to intense training.

Maybe Mavinga lost a bet with Vanney and had to be the one to tell Bradley that he would be rested Saturday and wouldn't be playing ...

C.Ronaldo
09-27-2017, 02:38 PM

finally some FIRE!

Soccer Mum
09-27-2017, 04:07 PM
Ben Spencer sucks. He should never see the light of BMO field again.

TheSloanRanger
09-27-2017, 04:58 PM
Ben Spencer sucks. He should never see the light of BMO field again.

What about away games ?

MightyDM
09-27-2017, 08:43 PM
Maybe Mavinga lost a bet with Vanney and had to be the one to tell Bradley that he would be rested Saturday and wouldn't be playing ...

Hahahahaha!

DinamoTFC
09-27-2017, 10:34 PM
They are different strikers, Spencer for all of his issues is the only true target striker we have outside of Jozy...

I have said this before, but there is a reason why players don't get minutes...

That would be true if Spencer actually played like a target man. The reality is he is a useless false target man. He doesn't utilize his height and fails to win 90% percent of headers. One time per game he is able to chest the ball down to a teammate - literally once, I've counted. He is absolutely useless. Doesn't run, doesn't fight, puts in no effort. Hamilton does a better job of being a target man than this pylon.

noimpactinmtl
09-27-2017, 11:20 PM
That would be true if Spencer actually played like a target man. The reality is he is a useless false target man. He doesn't utilize his height and fails to win 90% percent of headers. One time per game he is able to chest the ball down to a teammate - literally once, I've counted. He is absolutely useless. Doesn't run, doesn't fight, puts in no effort. Hamilton does a better job of being a target man than this pylon.

Cant bring the ball from the air. Horrible first touch makes him poor for link up. Not an aerial option in set pieces. Poor vertical leap.

You can play Hamilton as a lone forward if Seba drops deeper to facilitate and free roam to open space for Hams.

Derko
09-28-2017, 06:00 AM
Maybe Jordan Hamilton has an attitude problem, maybe he is lazy in training, we just don't know, and I am not defending Spencer by any means and agree with most of the comments regarding Spencer, but there must be a reason, after all WE are not the management.

paul-collins
09-28-2017, 08:35 AM
I'm not one to accept appeals to authority, and that's all the defence of JHam not getting minutes is.

We don't know why JHam isn't getting the minutes. Supposition that there is a good reason for this is just that - supposition. He makes the 18 often enough (23 times an unused sub this season). He does get subbed in (8 times). So he's not dismissed or rooted.

It's also fair to point to whatever data we have in the absence of whatever the management has but doesn't make public. To me the production at TFC and TFC II makes the case - I don't pay my SSH fees to watch guys who produced on the practice pitch, but I *do* pay to see players produce on the playing field. JHams does that. Spencer does not.

Derko
09-28-2017, 09:02 AM
I'm not one to accept appeals to authority, and that's all the defence of JHam not getting minutes is.

We don't know why JHam isn't getting the minutes. Supposition that there is a good reason for this is just that - supposition. He makes the 18 often enough (23 times an unused sub this season). He does get subbed in (8 times). So he's not dismissed or rooted.

It's also fair to point to whatever data we have in the absence of whatever the management has but doesn't make public. To me the production at TFC and TFC II makes the case - I don't pay my SSH fees to watch guys who produced on the practice pitch, but I *do* pay to see players produce on the playing field. JHams does that. Spencer does not.

As I stated we just don't know the reasons, this may have been Ben Spencer's last chance so to speak, I remember when Raheem Edwards had a spell we he thought he was a bit too big for his boots in attitude and was left off of the roster a few matches, but came back a better player after being grounded. If eating a bit of 'Humble Pie' makes for a better player then that is management's prerogative, no?

Back to the topic, I hope Hamilton sees some minutes, in particular against the Red Bulls as a starter and Ricketts as a super sub

paul-collins
09-28-2017, 09:44 AM
As I stated we just don't know the reasons, this may have been Ben Spencer's last chance so to speak, I remember when Raheem Edwards had a spell we he thought he was a bit too big for his boots in attitude and was left off of the roster a few matches, but came back a better player after being grounded. If eating a bit of 'Humble Pie' makes for a better player then that is management's prerogative, no?
I can get behind this logic. Better than the alternative (eg national team for Osorio under Floro) where it just feels *wrong*.

I would like to see JHam on the pitch more often, and I know that's going to be rare when Alti and Seba are ready to go...

OgtheDim
09-28-2017, 10:14 AM
NYRB looks shakey and bewildered. Drawing at home to DCU on a last minute OG is so Metro.

This is our best chance to get 3 and sail through the last 2 games with nothing on the line.

Initial B
09-28-2017, 10:33 AM
This is our best chance to get 3 and sail through the last 2 games with nothing on the line except historical records.
FYP. :p

Bardown Snipes
09-28-2017, 11:02 AM
Its time to turn things around. Ideally we go into the season with a 3 game win streak. Better to wrap up the supporter's shield now so the players can forget about it and focus on the playoffs and the final game against Atlanta.

ensco
09-28-2017, 11:02 AM
I'd like to see Chapman get minutes in these games. To me, he's a much bigger priority than Hamilton.

Teams that stop us, stop us in the midfield, with Seba and Altidore getting no service.

If we need an offensive sub in MF, we have Osorio, but he's more of an AM, a better sub for Vasquez, than for Delgado.

We may need Chapman, if we need that box to box sub (ie in a tie game late, where Delgado has run himself out, and maybe you'd like a touch more flair forward than Delgado has, without overcommitting to going forward, which is Osorio's achilles heel.

Vanney has shown his hand on Hamilton - Hamilton is really not likely to see action in the playoffs unless both Seba and Altidore are off the field. Even then, I suspect Vazquez would get pushed forward, with Chapman coming in.

ag futbol
09-28-2017, 11:16 AM
Cant bring the ball from the air. Horrible first touch makes him poor for link up. Not an aerial option in set pieces. Poor vertical leap.

You can play Hamilton as a lone forward if Seba drops deeper to facilitate and free roam to open space for Hams.
I've figured it out: Spencer is actually Andre Lombardo.

OgtheDim
09-28-2017, 11:50 AM
You know, I get the historical records thing but after the last 2 seasons of later in the season lost points, I just want us to win a game.

We know how good this team is. Don't need no dang records to prove this.

Initial B
09-28-2017, 12:20 PM
But it would be something that we could look back on with pride and sustain us when we're back to being the "worst in the world" in another decade.

paul-collins
09-28-2017, 01:01 PM
I'd like to see Chapman get minutes in these games. To me, he's a much bigger priority than Hamilton.

I'd argue that at this point in the season you're looking for subs who produce, not projects. As much as I think Chapman has potential, he has looked to me to be a bit weak under physical challenge. In this league a clean shoulder check seems to be allowed, and he gets the ball cut away from him too easily.

This won't get solved with substitute minutes in 4 games.

OgtheDim
09-28-2017, 01:43 PM
But it would be something that we could look back on with pride and sustain us when we're back to being the "worst in the world" in another decade.

Good point.

I follow a few people on twitter who are also LAG supporters - they seem more sanguine then po'd. The most bitter twitterati out there are the Union fans. God help Atlanta if they don't' win anything before they become crud.

ScarboroughRed
09-28-2017, 02:26 PM
Edwards, Bono and Delgado all missed out on the MLS Top 24 under 24 list. More fuel to the fire for the rest of the season. :flare:

General Woolfe
09-29-2017, 01:44 AM
Vanney indicated last night that everybody but Hagglund will be ready to be in consideration for next week.
Everybody including Séba? I thought I heard Wheeler (actually it was very hard to hear him) say in the TFC HQ video everyone "except" Giovinco would be ready. It'd be a worry if he is still out.

OgtheDim
09-29-2017, 05:37 AM
Molinaro's article from yesterday indicated Seba's training is coming along and he might play a role

anto7
09-29-2017, 05:47 AM
Molinaro's article from yesterday indicated Seba's training is coming along and he might play a role
I would like to see our strongest possible line up for this game and make a statement that we are still the best team in the league despite those last 2 losses. We need the win to get back on track, another loss would not be good mentally for the boys. And what better way to win the supporters shield at BMO against the team who we clinched our first ever play off spot against.

TheSloanRanger
09-29-2017, 06:46 AM
Red Bull gives you wins

reggie
09-29-2017, 11:46 AM
seba out tomorrow.

Oldtimer
09-29-2017, 12:28 PM
Molinaro on Seba:

http://www.sportsnet.ca/soccer/toronto-fc-forward-sebastian-giovinco-ruled-vs-red-bulls/

OgtheDim
09-29-2017, 12:53 PM
Its also Nuit Blanche

https://nbto.com/program/event-map.html

TTC service upgrades

The TTC is making it easier to explore Toronto’s Nuit Blanche arts festival this coming Saturday night/Sunday morning with all-night subway service on Lines 1 and 2, and extended-hours day and group passes.
Trains will run every 10-15 minutes on both lines from 1:30 a.m. to 8 a.m. on Sunday. Day/group passes will be accepted until 9 a.m. Sunday instead of the usual 5:30 a.m.
In addition, the TTC will increase service on Saturday night on the following surface routes in and around Nuit Blanche sites:
- 509 Harbourfront
- 510 Spadina
- 307 Bathurst
- 29 Dufferin
- 196 York University Rocket
Buses on the all-night 300 Bloor-Danforth and 320 Yonge routes will run as normal.
Line 3 Scarborough and Line 4 Sheppard will operate on normal Saturday night/Sunday morning schedules.
Nuit Blanche festivities will also result in diversions on the following surface routes:
- 501/301 Queen
- 5 Avenue Road
- 6 Bay
- 72 Pape
- 94 Wellesley
Customers are advised to check ttc.ca for details of all diversions and to follow @TTCnotices for real-time service updates.

GO Service (check the schedules for details)

Special Service for Nuit Blanche
With special GO train service running for Nuit Blanche Toronto, we’ve got getting you there and back down to a fine art.
Two special homebound train trips will run along the Lakeshore lines in the early hours of October 1, in addition to our regular service. For Hamilton customers, there will be connections to bus Route 18 for the special trains at Aldershot.
On the Barrie line, there will be a special homebound trip in the early hours of October 1.
Special service will run along the Milton, Kitchener and Stouffville lines with one Toronto-bound trip in the early evening of September 30 and one homebound trip in the early hours of October 1.
Kitchener line service will run between Georgetown GO and Union, with bus connections to Kitchener, Guelph and Acton.

noimpactinmtl
09-29-2017, 11:18 PM
Anyone going to be watching in Victoria tomorrow? Would love to cheer for TFC out west on vacation.

Eastend
09-30-2017, 08:21 AM
Match day. A game 11 years in the making.

tfclucha
09-30-2017, 08:37 AM
Anyone else here sitting during the playing of the American National Anthem today? lets take a stand with our brothers fighting the goodfight

mauser09
09-30-2017, 08:57 AM
MATCH DAY! There is a Leaf game at Ricoh also at 7pm. Might make things a little crowded around exhibition grounds.

UpTheReds
09-30-2017, 10:00 AM
Statement game. We need to take 3 points , finish off the shield, and get back to winning ways. With 3 games left, we need to gather some good form going into the playoffs.

Defoe
09-30-2017, 11:45 AM
History could be made tonight.

PizzaEatingYeti
09-30-2017, 01:24 PM
THIS IS A MUST WIN GAME!

:drum::drum::drum: :scarf::scarf::scarf:

Otherwise:

- if it is just a draw, will leave a big question mark in me about how strong mentally this team really is (or how weak)
- if we lose the game then seriously, I give just 25% chance for the Reds to even get to the MLS Cup final... because it means that the team hit a huge dip in form (beginning with the game against the Limp Act).

Defoe
09-30-2017, 01:33 PM
THIS IS A MUST WIN GAME!

:drum::drum::drum: :scarf::scarf::scarf:

Otherwise:

- if it is just a draw, will leave a big question mark in me about how strong mentally this team really is (or how weak)
- if we lose the game then seriously, I give just 25% chance for the Reds to even get to the MLS Cup final... because it means that the team hit a huge dip in form (beginning with the game against the Limp Act).

Yeah it really is an important game. That said, missing your best player is a big deal. All most every team in the world missing there #10 would feel the effects. A tie against a playoff team without your best player wouldn't be suicide; but we need the win yes :canada: :drum:

Oldtimer
09-30-2017, 04:03 PM
Anyone else here sitting during the playing of the American National Anthem today? lets take a stand with our brothers fighting the goodfight

It will be interesting to see if any players take the knee. I'm not sure a fan sitting in their seat would be understood as joining in.

Eastend
09-30-2017, 04:14 PM
MATCH DAY! There is a Leaf game at Ricoh also at 7pm. Might make things a little crowded around exhibition grounds.

TFC at BMO
Leafs at Ricoh
Invictus closing ceremonies at ACC
Not Blanche downtown

Busy night all around on public transit.

Couchy81
09-30-2017, 04:24 PM
It will be interesting to see if any players take the knee. I'm not sure a fan sitting in their seat would be understood as joining in.

I'm standing. I have nothing against the US. I'm not letting Trump turn the national anthem into his rally cry. If a sports player does it that's because they're on tv. You're not.

Besides - The Star Spangled Banner was written as a result of Canada/British Empire burning the White House down in the War of 1812. We should stand for it because we were the ones who led to its creation (by burning down the White House).

notthesun
09-30-2017, 05:08 PM
No surprises in our lineup. Bono back in goal, normal back line with Hasler at RB, rest of the squad picks itself.

Marsch is rotating his squad, Klesjtan and BWP both starting on the bench. Time to get the Shield.

BenRhodes23
09-30-2017, 05:20 PM
Kjelstan, Wright-Phillips and Lawrence on the bench... Let's win the shield!!!:scarf::flare:

pdubs
09-30-2017, 06:08 PM
Good to see Cheyrou on the bench ready for selection

Luanda
09-30-2017, 06:13 PM
Links?

Boddington
09-30-2017, 06:18 PM
http://goatdee.net/220337/watch-toronto-fc-vs-new-york-red-bulls

pdubs
09-30-2017, 06:19 PM
Jozy is an idiot. Not getting calls fine. But don't kick out like that. Fucking hate it. Suck it up

Nico
09-30-2017, 06:35 PM
Sky Sports HD

http://tvsportslive.stream/toronto-fc-vs-new-york-red-bulls.html

pdubs
09-30-2017, 06:41 PM
Not pretty but they all count!

Edit- video review had me worried lol

notthesun
09-30-2017, 06:45 PM
Altidore is getting fucking mauled tonight.

ensco
09-30-2017, 06:47 PM
Team is nicely back from holiday.

jloome
09-30-2017, 06:48 PM
Team is nicely back from holiday.

That one was on Zavaleta. Got fooled by Veron drifting into the seam.

ensco
09-30-2017, 06:48 PM
Not Zavaleta. MF were all caught upfield. For no good reason.

They had 5 guys forward in the NY box when that move started.

ag futbol
09-30-2017, 06:50 PM
Yeah, a few speculative decisions by players pinching forward on the play. If anyone should be getting caught on the counter at this stage it should be them, not us.

pdubs
09-30-2017, 06:54 PM
2 posts. mannnnnnnn

ag futbol
09-30-2017, 06:56 PM
Not our best half, but we're coming into the game a bit. Need to be as solid defensively as we are going forward

notthesun
09-30-2017, 06:57 PM
Got caught on the counter once and they did really well to put the chance together.

Besides that we're all over them, could be 4-1 right now. Those damn posts. Gotta put this away.

Luanda
09-30-2017, 06:57 PM
THANKS for the links!

Detroit_TFC
09-30-2017, 06:58 PM
I think Vanney will make better adjustments than Marsch will in the second half. Getting close, boys and girls...

pdubs
09-30-2017, 06:59 PM
I love seeing Marsch loose his mind on the sidelines. LOL

Redcoe15
09-30-2017, 07:08 PM
Marsch is behaving like a little brat. Let's hope those two posts don't come back to bite our side.

Lennon
09-30-2017, 07:20 PM
Just got back from BMO because the people at will call couldn't find my tickets. Ridiculous! Who can I speak to to get some compensation?

UpTheReds
09-30-2017, 07:45 PM
It’s been coming. We have been poor for large periods of this game. Our form has certainly dipped.

pdubs
09-30-2017, 07:47 PM
VV! booom

Red CB Toronto
09-30-2017, 07:48 PM
This is a match of completely insanity, can't believe what I am watching. Come On You Reds !

pdubs
09-30-2017, 07:58 PM
Throw out the hats!!!!

UpTheReds
09-30-2017, 08:01 PM
Good response after that bad spell at the start of the 2nd half!

Detroit_TFC
09-30-2017, 08:04 PM
Congratulations all you magnificent bastards!!!!!

WOO HOO

ag futbol
09-30-2017, 08:04 PM
Boom! More silverware!

James17930
09-30-2017, 08:07 PM
So happy!

Now the worrying about injuries can start ...

Redcoe15
09-30-2017, 08:11 PM
Toronto FC. The best in the league, period!

I like that. :scarf: g:D

Defoe
09-30-2017, 08:15 PM
Hopefully Victor is ok. Mavinga was a BEAST. Morrow what can I say, hope we can get him locked up. Altidore great game. Beita was a great sub. 2017's best team, Toronto FC :)

That said, in this culture, it's all about the MLS cup it seems. The shield was won 4 weeks ago lol. Going for the treble wow!

BenRhodes23
09-30-2017, 08:17 PM
Hat trick for Morrow! Never thought I'd say that TFC has a legitimate chance at a treble! Come On You Reds!!!!! :scarf:

SKB
09-30-2017, 08:19 PM
Great win but again giving up too many goals. Defensively we are out of step. Also as much as I hate to say it Drew Moor has lost a step, Father Time is catching up with him. Gives up a PK in the box. Have seen has play change this year. This could be an issue in the playoffs

Leedsoronto
09-30-2017, 08:24 PM
Fuck yeh !!

General Woolfe
09-30-2017, 08:29 PM
The Comeback kids do it again!!! Whatever you want to say about this TFC side, the will to win is strong.

That was a real nail biter tonight make no mistake. I'm an emotional wreck after watching that that second half. NYRB gave a real good account of themselves tonight and will prove difficult opponents should we meet them again in the play offs. However tonight belongs to TFC and a wonderful display by Justin Morrow. No player deserves to savour the Supporters Shield more than him. He's been with us since the start of this journey from mediocrity to best in the league. He has contributed throughout, and tonight set the seal on what a wonderful wing back he has become for both club and country.

Tonight was less than perfect football-wise and we seem to have lost a little of the dominance we were showing a month ago. However, that analysis is for another time. Tonight is a night for celebration. Im off to pour myself a large drink and savour the fact that TFC are Supporters Shield winners. So well done Greg Vanney and the boys. That was a consummate team effort tonight to stand firm against a resolute Red Bull side, who desperate for points, gave it all they had when they sensed a comeback was on the cards. Nevertheless without every hitting the highs we know they are capable of, TFC dug deep and found the extra gear to go on and crown themselves best team in the league, an honour they well and truly deserve.

The big one now awaits us. I normally hate International breaks but hopefully this one allows for all knocks to heal and for the team to return in two weeks time, fully healed, at maximum strength, and ready to push for the biggest trophy of them all, the MLS Cup.

Onward and Upwards TFC, onward and upwards... :scarf:

mistercorporate
09-30-2017, 08:33 PM
Well said!

oranje boven
09-30-2017, 08:35 PM
So well deserved!

notthesun
09-30-2017, 08:44 PM
Character win. This should get us back to how we know we can play. After they tied it we stepped it up and were clearly pushing the game from there, just gotta get back to doing that for 90 minutes. To be fair the game could've been much different had we scored those two chances off the post.

Morrow is so smart in how he attacks space in the box. Get this dude on the Best XI please.

Eastend
09-30-2017, 08:45 PM
I really wish I knew how to upload video for those not here in person.

Unbelievable. 11 years in the making. We won the #%@% league. That means more to me then the cup. ( but I want the cup too) Consistency over the long season.

I love you all.

Oldtimer
09-30-2017, 08:52 PM
Vanney did some tactical adjustments in the middle of the second half that enabled TFC to win. Instead of relying as much wing play, which NYRB was expecting and had their game plan for they played more through the centre, and Bono switched to more long balls which quite frankly their backline had trouble with. The guys showed up with a good character effort, but Vanney out coaching Marsch was part of the win.

Fort York Redcoat
09-30-2017, 09:01 PM
I really wish I knew how to upload video for those not here in person.

Unbelievable. 11 years in the making. We won the #%@% league. That means more to me then the cup. ( but I want the cup too) Consistency over the long season.

I love you all.

I'll second that bud. Out of this world. I'm over the moon!

Initial B
09-30-2017, 09:02 PM
That was an exciting game to watch. Can't wait for the playoffs. I'd be satisfied with one more win, but to win out would undoubtedly put a "best ever" stamp on this team.

We've been waiting 11 years for this. Let's enjoy it.

Tfc/lfc
09-30-2017, 09:04 PM
The RB's came to play and were 1st to the ball in the opening 30 but we showed our class in the end. Mavinga, Altidore and Morrow(of course) were in beast mode. I thought Victor was a little off tonight, a very rare occurence.

A few tears of complete joy shed in the pub tonight and why not. Our Reds are top of the league and oh how great this feels. Congrats to the squad and supporters everywhere.

Go you Reds!

Eastend
09-30-2017, 09:23 PM
_6FBfAQ-NDE

Canary10
09-30-2017, 09:28 PM
Amazing!! Glad it's done.

Have to say, I don't understand Marsch resting BWPS and Klejstan for so long. What are you resting them for? You're desperate for points!

Auzzy
09-30-2017, 10:17 PM
Wow, amazing win. First home game I missed all season, but I watched it at home until the last minute -- pissing off my sister, who I had to take to the airport to catch her flight home to Germany. It was worth it, excitement until the end!

Only niggle -- after two losses, and up 2-0, I was not happy with the naivete TFC displayed by pushing so many players forward and leaving them open to an easy counter-attack goal. Others mentioned that above during the game as well. That was totally unnecessary, and it let the Red Bulls back into the game. TFC have to cut that shit out for the playoffs.

OgtheDim
09-30-2017, 10:29 PM
Happy. Just so very happy.

reggie
09-30-2017, 11:43 PM
well we won a 34 game championship lets hope we can win the 5 game championship coming up.

khso11
10-01-2017, 01:01 AM
Wow, a wingback with a hat trick (2nd defender in MLS history to do so). JMO just had the game of his life, a redemption for last year's PK miss. Best LB in the league.

The Supporters' Shield is finally ours, 11 years in the making, amazing! Next.....the MLS Cup. :scarf:

TFC07
10-01-2017, 02:14 AM
Not prettiest win, but I am glad TFC officially won SS tonight.

dupont
10-01-2017, 02:36 AM
I teared up today. This is the team I always wanted

Eastend
10-01-2017, 07:20 AM
I teared up today. This is the team I always wanted

If I'm being honest, I did also. After the final whistle and people where leaving, I just sat there for a bit, somewhat in disbelief but enjoying the moment.

Dom

paul-collins
10-01-2017, 10:02 AM
I migrated down to the corner @ 110 to stand for a bit after the game, and I was impressed by how long everyone stuck around in the east stands. Everything was full for the full "Justin Morrow *clap* *clap* *clapclapclap*, Viking clap, and picture posing. Didn't seem like people were in a hurry to leave.

What a night!

Red4ever
10-01-2017, 10:04 AM
Bruised my hand on the go train tunnel walk from hitting the sign so hard. Woke up with no voice.

Unreal night.

SuperTCP
10-01-2017, 10:46 AM
Great win last night! Upsetting to see so many leaving before the 90th minute. I guess some did not know what this game meant.

Defoe
10-01-2017, 11:19 AM
Great win last night! Upsetting to see so many leaving before the 90th minute. I guess some did not know what this game meant.

The good:

Best team in MLS history, what a team.

3rd in MLS attendance - 26,000 +
T.V viewership up 39 %
The crowd looks full between the 20th minute and 40th minute. It also looks full between the 55th minute and the 80th minute.

The challenges:

Fans are showing up late and leaving early. It also looks like people are not in attendance after half time.
While T.V. viewership is up, it's up only to 93,000 from 59,000.
Media & Marketing does a terrible job of pitching MLS and TFC in my opinion. They are not leveraging the internet age to there advantage as well as they could in my opinion.
They don't sell a very good "story" a good story is needed to sell. Facts tell, stories sell. It's only when I educate fans on MLS cup, concacaf champions league (Being the BEST in North America) FIFA world cup etc do I get them interested.
They need to change perception about MLS. Even if it's not a top league in the world they need to slowly change perception and let people know it's becoming one of the best. Price is perception of the buyer

Note - I feel even the Toronto maple leafs games look empty after the 2nd intermission resumes.

OgtheDim
10-01-2017, 12:32 PM

After we scored the 4th goal and a minute into play, I looked around and didn't see anybody in my section standing.

I kind of roared a few into doing so but a lot of people had no idea what the shield was.

Regardless, those of us who know how tough this accomplishment is...its tougher then the MLS Cup....we know that this was something special.

Derko
10-01-2017, 01:00 PM
Not prettiest win, but I am glad TFC officially won SS tonight.

You know they always don't have to be pretty wins, I am okay with the odd dirty win,

Fort York Redcoat
10-01-2017, 01:54 PM
I migrated down to the corner @ 110 to stand for a bit after the game, and I was impressed by how long everyone stuck around in the east stands. Everything was full for the full "Justin Morrow *clap* *clap* *clapclapclap*, Viking clap, and picture posing. Didn't seem like people were in a hurry to leave.

What a night!

2Morrow, 2Morrow
We luv ya,
2Morrow

You won us the Shield Todaaaaaaaaaay.

:scarf:

C.Ronaldo
10-01-2017, 04:06 PM
Still haven't watched the full game, everyones mentioning mavinga. What was he doing that made him stick out so much?

OgtheDim
10-01-2017, 04:20 PM
Still haven't watched the full game, everyones mentioning mavinga. What was he doing that made him stick out so much?

He did a pirouette recovery in the air and another on the ground.

I don't know why he's not playing in the lower half of the French Div 1. Left footed CD's with that much pace are gold.

Couchy81
10-01-2017, 05:20 PM
He did a pirouette recovery in the air and another on the ground.

I don't know why he's not playing in the lower half of the French Div 1. Left footed CD's with that much pace are gold.

Love watching Mavinga play, what a surprise he's been the season.

Thomas
10-01-2017, 05:44 PM
Mavinga was a stud last night. He was all over the place doing mostly good things.

fergiejr
10-01-2017, 05:48 PM

That's the North American sports mentality. Get out before traffic hits. Catch that first train. Couple that with the whole playoffs are more important opinion, you get people leaving.

Concession and bathroom lines make for empty sea at the start of halftime.

reggie
10-01-2017, 05:52 PM
how many goal saving tackles and headers has mavinga had this season.i think he is in the top 5 CBs in the league now.

OgtheDim
10-01-2017, 07:07 PM
So they played this last night after the viking chant

https://soundcloud.com/redpatchboys-1/06-legend-tfc

loconet
10-01-2017, 08:39 PM
Well, that feels good :cool:

:drum:

morgank1986
10-01-2017, 09:26 PM
Mavinga was a stud last night. He was all over the place doing mostly good things.

He's like an octopus. I'm constantly amazed by his ability to get his foot around the opposition and make a play on the ball.

Canary10
10-01-2017, 10:18 PM
how many goal saving tackles and headers has mavinga had this season.i think he is in the top 5 CBs in the league now.

His tackling is phenomenal. So many game saving tackles.

Canary10
10-01-2017, 10:21 PM
I was one who had to leave after VV's penalty unfortunately. Have a two year old who had to get home to sleep. If you leave after the game is done and you're driving it adds a minimum half hour to the drive.

wopchop
10-02-2017, 02:56 AM
That's the North American sports mentality. Get out before traffic hits. Catch that first train. Couple that with the whole playoffs are more important opinion, you get people leaving..

It is certainly endemic here in Toronto but what you are saying is not true. I've witnessed this in person at La Liga games as well.

OgtheDim
10-02-2017, 05:19 AM
His tackling is phenomenal. So many game saving tackles.

This one in particular

https://twitter.com/JogaBonitoUSA/status/914282480320081920

Defoe
10-02-2017, 07:17 AM
This one in particular

https://twitter.com/JogaBonitoUSA/status/914282480320081920

I thought Mavinga was the best player on the pitch. What a performance.

JT Red127
10-02-2017, 07:22 AM

Agree...I'd say no contest he was the best player on the pitch Saturday. He's been incredible all year after that Atlanta match.

Ponderosa
10-02-2017, 08:16 AM

I couldn't sing the words...I was bawling and blubbering by the time it got to 'for the boys on the field'...cripes I'm tearing up just typing the words!

fergiejr
10-02-2017, 08:31 AM

DAMNIT!! I picked a helluva game to miss!! I love this song...

C.Ronaldo
10-02-2017, 11:01 AM

wow, look how fast he got to the ball. he speeds up on his slides (like Alomar did getting to first base)

C.Ronaldo
10-02-2017, 11:03 AM
Agree...I'd say no contest he was the best player on the pitch Saturday. He's been incredible all year after that Atlanta match.

How was that the same Player!!

Section_105
10-02-2017, 01:34 PM

Was singing along in the north end with this. was very happy to hear it spin up.

That was a great way to seal the shield. A tense back and forth game wondering if the team of the last two losses would show up or if the team that won 6 in a row with 11 undefeated would roar back to life. just wow. the cup run last year. SS this year and hopefully another cup run ....... I cracked a bottle of bubbly last night and relived the game on PVR while toasting the highlights.

Hopefully we can keep up the intensity and not have this shield being a peak-come down. Glad we have two games of regular season to ramp up the competitive juices again and be mentally ready for the playoffs.

Smokecell
10-02-2017, 03:52 PM

Every soul at BMO should belt this out as the Shield is being presented on the 15th - no audio track necessary. THAT would be epic.