PDA

View Full Version : Other MLS Games - September 9-10

OgtheDim
09-08-2017, 07:39 PM
Saturday

NYRB @ Chicago 4pm - possible playoff opponent. Both teams fighting for 3rd. NYRB not all that impressive of late while Chicago stopped the bleeding last week. Chicago at home should be the difference here. 2-1 for the Fire.

Portland @ NYCFC 5:30pm - hopefully a tougher game for the pigeons then SKC gave them midweek. Portland has the points in the bag but needs to keep winning to get home field advantage. 1-1 draw

Orlando @ DCU 7pm - Orlando is a mess and will be thinking about home facing a hurricane. DCU is riding a mini streak. Teams match up well but neither team plays well. 1-1 draw.

Montreal @ NER 7:30pm - NER enjoying its spoiler role. BUT, Montreal sets up well against them. Counter will beat midfield passing game. 2-1 for Montreal.

Philly @ Minnesota 8pm - Both teams now playing out the string. One team will dominate it and crow for a week. I'm guessing that's the Loons. 4-1 for Minnesota

Colorado @ Houston 8:30pm - Houston needs the point and are going to be riding a lot of emotion here. Colorado is still a mess. 3-0 for Houston.

RSL @ Vancouver 10pm - RSL shows signs of becoming a decent squad next year. But Vancouver is still better at most positions. A win for the home side sees them cement a playoff spot and allows them to focus on moving up the ladder towards the top 2 spots. 2-0 for Vancouver

Sunday

SKC @ Columbus 1:00pm - Attendance will be ugly (Sunday during NFL games) but the game should be decent. Good defence meets a decent offence. SKC will be tired so Columbus should find a way to get 3 points here. 1-0 for Columbus

FCD @ Atlanta 3:30pm...ish - GAME OF THE WEEK FCD is in trouble. Atlanta just wants to get this whole 8 games in 23 days thing started. Going to be worth watching for the new stadium which is supposed to be loud - but also for the offence on show. Defence? Not so much. 3-2 for Atlanta

LAG @ Seattle 9pm - Sigi returns is one story but the other one is how will LAG do on the road with Jones back in the lineup? Not well I think. 3-1 for Seattle.

OgtheDim
09-10-2017, 10:30 AM
Hmmmm.....Portland & Vancouver looking good.

UpTheReds
09-10-2017, 02:46 PM
Anyone have a stream link for the Atlanta game?

Yohan
09-10-2017, 03:39 PM
If you aren't watching this Dallas Atlanta game, you are missing out

OgtheDim
09-10-2017, 03:46 PM
Great game. Stadium is basically Vancouver with more people. Maybe it's the mics but the crowd sounds are not overwhelming.

SoccMan2
09-10-2017, 03:59 PM
Atlanta vs. FC Dallas game what a stadium, yes it's not real grass but still it's a pretty impressive place. There are 45000 people there, the place fits 70 000 but you would never know it, the way they hide the other empty seats is cool, you don't even notice the other 25000 unused seats, unlike B.C. place where you can see through the curtains. The crowd is great loud and impressive, quite an atmosphere.

OgtheDim
09-10-2017, 04:29 PM
Atlanta is all speed and transition & you don't want to give them a look near goal. But their defence can be had.

molenshtain
09-10-2017, 05:28 PM
Dallas are also like, really bad at the moment. Wouldn't put a ton of stock in that win.

PizzaEatingYeti
09-10-2017, 05:55 PM
Yeah, the new Atlanta arena is very nice, flashy, lots of technical gadgets, but you know what?

I'm not that enthusiastic about the soccer specific feel, it is just good, but not "that" good!
I like a lot more a classical soccer stadium feel.
If you look mare carefully, you can see that the spectators are not really that close to the pich in most areas of the pitch perimeter... Too much stuff around the edge of the pitch to take your attention away. ...Then look at those parts which are a lot higher compared to pitch level (the first rows) etc....

Is it just me, and everybody else's opinion is that is soooo super experience for a soccer match?

Blindside16
09-10-2017, 11:43 PM
Yeah, the new Atlanta arena is very nice, flashy, lots of technical gadgets, but you know what?

I'm not that enthusiastic about the soccer specific feel, it is just good, but not "that" good!
I like a lot more a classical soccer stadium feel.
If you look mare carefully, you can see that the spectators are not really that close to the pich in most areas of the pitch perimeter... Too much stuff around the edge of the pitch to take your attention away. ...Then look at those parts which are a lot higher compared to pitch level (the first rows) etc....

Is it just me, and everybody else's opinion is that is soooo super experience for a soccer match?

I agree with you for the most part. If you look at it from it being a just a stadium perspective, it is very impressive. As for a soccer specific feel.. absolutely not. I get why the seating is the way it is and some of the fans are 12' off the ground (fold away seating for the Falcons), but it just doesn't fit what I would like to see in a soccer specific stadium. The pitch long score board, my first impression was wow that is a cool idea. After about 30 minutes however, I found it a tad distracting. The noise level at times was great but I found it to go very quiet far too often. As was stated earlier it could have been mic placement that caused it.

As for the game, Dallas looked brutal. Expect for 3 or 4 times that caught Atlanta flat footed, they were vastly outplayed. Atlanta still doesn't scare me. They move the ball quick up the pitch and run a high press. They leave their backline wide open for a quick counter. Almiron spends more time laying on the field than running and has a tendency to give the ball away cheaply when trying to make the quick pass. It should be a great game when we play them on the last day.

Fort York Redcoat
09-11-2017, 07:47 AM
Another one for Larin not off his boot or head lol

Redcoe15
09-11-2017, 06:37 PM
Wow! Seattle screwed the pooch with that draw at home against the Galaxy, who are quite shite this year. It's going to be a very interesting race out west to see who ends up on top. Vancouver stands a chance at finishing first - and wouldn't it be sweet if we had a Toronto-Vancouver Cup Final? :canada:.

molenshtain
09-11-2017, 06:48 PM
Morris is also looking like he's done for the season. Seattle's chances of coming out of the west are close to nil now.

Fort York Redcoat
09-11-2017, 08:56 PM
Montreal just imploded after Jackson missed his chance. He needs to channel that Canada match.

Yohan
09-12-2017, 04:47 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=78ENWDCJe0k

Oldtimer
09-12-2017, 05:38 PM
Vancouver stands a chance at finishing first - and wouldn't it be sweet if we had a Toronto-Vancouver Cup Final? :canada:.

That's gotta be Garber's worst nightmare as far as US ratings go. TFC vs a US team would be ideal, would draw good ratings in both countries.

Dunkers
09-12-2017, 05:47 PM
Morris is also looking like he's done for the season. Seattle's chances of coming out of the west are close to nil now.

replace the word Morris with Demsey and this is a common quote from 2016, and we all know how that ended. If Alonso and Frie go out then seattle has a problem