PDA

View Full Version : Vaughn Italia Shooters 4 - TFC Reserves 0

VPjr
07-31-2008, 01:27 PM
who went to the open practice and saw this friendly today?

I haven't seen anything about it on this forum (to my disappointment)

Damien
07-31-2008, 01:33 PM
Reserves or Academy?

werewolf
07-31-2008, 01:35 PM
was TRN playing?

Hope it was the academy......

Parkdale
07-31-2008, 01:35 PM
man.... with a score like that, it better have been the u-16 academy

VPjr
07-31-2008, 01:36 PM
Reserves, from what I'm told. This was not a league game. It was a friendly

Someone from the V's (whose info I trust) says that some 1st team TFC players also featured in today's friendlyl (he said about 3-4 of the starters played)

Damien
07-31-2008, 02:18 PM
If that's true... wow!!!!

Should expect some italian flags waving in woodbridge tonite.

giambac
07-31-2008, 02:28 PM
If that's true... wow!!!!

Should expect some italian flags waving in woodbridge tonite.

The score and outcome shouldn't surprise you.

Just like Montreal/Vanacouver from the Useless soccer league beat TFC, it shouldn't surprise you that Vaughn Italia shooters destroyed TFC reserves.

The way TFC is playing and being coached it wouldn't surprise me if Vaughan Italia beat our main team.

Maybe next year for the CC we should open the door to more teams

TFC, Montreal,Vancouver, toronto Croatia, toronto Italia, Vaughan Italia, Toronto Lisbon etc etc.

I think it would be interesting but TFc wouldn't want it. I mean they were already embarrased this year.

VPjr
07-31-2008, 02:31 PM
I'm confident that a CSL All-Star team (total annual payroll value of maybe $100K) would give the TFC Starting XI (payroll of $2 million +) a serous test

Damien
07-31-2008, 02:31 PM
Maybe next year for the CC we should open the door to more teams

TFC, Montreal,Vancouver, toronto Croatia, toronto Italia, Vaughan Italia, Toronto Lisbon etc etc.

That's a good idea IMO.

trane
07-31-2008, 02:34 PM
I would like to see that as well, a tournament open to all Canadian porfessional teams, at least CSL, USL and MLS. That would be something. Perhaps not the entire CSL, but the winner of the Cup.

giambac
07-31-2008, 03:06 PM
I would like to see that as well, a tournament open to all Canadian porfessional teams, at least CSL, USL and MLS. That would be something. Perhaps not the entire CSL, but the winner of the Cup.

Trane,

I think it is a good idea and it would make winning the cup worth something. I mean the current format 3 teams is a joke.

But realisticaly it won't happen.
Why?

TFC has to much to lose. How bad would it look if they lost to CSL teams. I think there is a good chance that some teams would upset them. The team we have now is a very average team playing in a very average league.

when it comes to a head to head battle often the team that wins is the team which is best prepared, mentally ready, they have a game plan, and they are best coached.

i wouldn't like TFC's chances. For this reason TFC management would not be in favour of expanding the competition.

TicTacTabarnack
07-31-2008, 03:17 PM

I think this would be great!

4 Team Tournament - TFC, Vancouver, Montreal and winner of the CSL Cup.

VPjr
07-31-2008, 03:17 PM
Trane,

The team we have now is a very average team playing in a very average league.

Correction...the TFC team we are fielding these days (minus Danny D) is a BAD team that is getting regularly exposed and is far too easy to defend.

TFC07
07-31-2008, 03:26 PM

Someone from the V's (whose info I trust) says that some 1st team TFC players also featured in today's friendlyl (he said about 3-4 of the starters played)

Wow, just wow....Maybe Mo should try to sign some of these CSL players?

VPjr
07-31-2008, 03:36 PM
^ I've been saying it for a few weeks now, to anyone who will listen. too bad that it won't happen because it essentially proves that Mo is a useless GM. He ignores good (not great but good) players in his backyard while wasting money on high priced players who don't care / can't cut it anymore.

A good example is Chris Pozniak. If given the chance, Poz would have been an excellent holding MF for this team but Mo brought in big $$ Carl Robinson. Carl MUST be better than Poz because he played in the CCC and is a starter for Wales. But the reality is that for 200K less, I'm convinced Poz would be as good (or maybe better) than Robinson in the holding MF role. At least Chris can pass a ball accurately (better than Carl) and he's a good ball winner (Carl is likely a better ball winner). Regardless if Poz is better or equal to Carl, Robinson was Mo's golden boy so Poz is forced to play positions he's less well suited for and then allowed to be claimed in the expansion draft.

AL-MO
07-31-2008, 03:55 PM
I agree that there may be talent closer to home, but I imagine its a few players....my district coach tells me stories where he used to beat the Brampton 'Shitmen' with the U16 provincial program.

RealG-TFC
07-31-2008, 04:40 PM
No keep it 3 professional clubs thnx..

AL-MO
07-31-2008, 05:12 PM

INCREDIBLY LAME.

ag futbol
07-31-2008, 05:58 PM
You know what? For all the crap we've had run onto our regular roster, we absolutely should sign atlest 1 CSL player to our regular team or reserves. Then that wil send the message that if you do well we will actually be watching and you can move up to a better league.

Everyone has been posting for a while that there are some better young guys playing CSL than on our reserve team, i'd have to agree. The main problem there might actually be money. If MLS wants full time professional players 12-18k a year does not cut it.

giambac
07-31-2008, 06:23 PM
^ I've been saying it for a few weeks now, to anyone who will listen. too bad that it won't happen because it essentially proves that Mo is a useless GM. He ignores good (not great but good) players in his backyard while wasting money on high priced players who don't care / can't cut it anymore.

A good example is Chris Pozniak. If given the chance, Poz would have been an excellent holding MF for this team but Mo brought in big $$ Carl Robinson. Carl MUST be better than Poz because he played in the CCC and is a starter for Wales. But the reality is that for 200K less, I'm convinced Poz would be as good (or maybe better) than Robinson in the holding MF role. At least Chris can pass a ball accurately (better than Carl) and he's a good ball winner (Carl is likely a better ball winner). Regardless if Poz is better or equal to Carl, Robinson was Mo's golden boy so Poz is forced to play positions he's less well suited for and then allowed to be claimed in the expansion draft.

I agree 100%.

The problem is that Mo made a mistake by bringing in his buddy as coach. Since then Carver only wants players he coache dor had contacts in England (Ricketts, Robert, Teliby etc etc) and he ha sno time for home grown talent. For the most part the palyers Mo has brought in under the advice of Carver have been a bust. That's what happens when you take advice from a loser.

giambac
07-31-2008, 06:25 PM

The problem is that 3 professional clubs don't exist.

Is TFC a professional club? some would argue no.

Are you worried that if they expanded the format to say 6-8 teams that our beloved TFC would come in the bottom half. Strong competition builds character something this team is lacking.

Phil
07-31-2008, 06:31 PM
I agree 100%.

The problem is that Mo made a mistake by bringing in his buddy as coach. Since then Carver only wants players he coache dor had contacts in England (Ricketts, Robert, Teliby etc etc) and he ha sno time for home grown talent. For the most part the palyers Mo has brought in under the advice of Carver have been a bust. That's what happens when you take advice from a loser.

Why don't you just put you hate carver in your sig. Every comment you make is centered around him. I honestly give up on you, I could argue or respond to your points but its like talking to a brick wall.

The funny thing is, I am becoming critical of Carver on some points (without your slander) but you just take the cake. If it rains tomorrow you will find a way to blame Carver.

VPjr
07-31-2008, 06:40 PM
Why don't you just put you hate carver in your sig. Every comment you make is centered around him. I honestly give up on you, I could argue or respond to your points but its like talking to a brick wall.

The funny thing is, I am becoming critical of Carver on some points (without your slander) but you just take the cake. If it rains tomorrow you will find a way to blame Carver.

I think Carver might be a good motivator, a good practice field teacher and an overall good guy but he's begun to show me (and I liked his hiring) that there is a reason he never given a team back in England to run for himself. I think he does a bunch of stuff well but he's not a game day coach. The games against both RSL and Montreal proved that to me (Chicago to some degree as well)

ManUtd4ever
07-31-2008, 06:47 PM
I believe the CSL's inclusion in the Canadian Championship would be more appropriate, regardless of the potential outcome. Granted, TFC would be at the risk of embarassment, but similar tournaments across the world produce upsets on a regular basis which only adds to the excitement...

MrHawk
07-31-2008, 07:00 PM
If Toronto FC lost to Vancouver or Montreal that's one form of embarassment. If Toronto FC lost to say Vaughn Italia Shooters that'd be another form.

I'd say Chelsea loosing to Barnsley is an example of this (Last year's FA Cup)

london_tfc_fan
07-31-2008, 07:56 PM
I'm confident that a CSL All-Star team (total annual payroll value of maybe $100K) would give the TFC Starting XI (payroll of $2 million +) a serous test

lol i play in the CSL and if our best 18-20 players were on the same team the annual payroll would maybe be 10k maybe!!

MFBODD
07-31-2008, 07:59 PM

What the fuck are 1st team starters, even players doing in a friendly like this? We just came off a jam packed July and they do this? We suck enough as it is right now. I know the altitude played a factor, but we had an empty tank in Salt Lake. If we heard that a 1st team player got injured against the V's we'd lose it!

rocker
07-31-2008, 08:15 PM
If given the chance, Poz would have been an excellent holding MF for this team but Mo brought in big $$ Carl Robinson.

I think you're totally overrating Pozniak with the "excellent" part. I saw him play last year and I'd choose Robinson over him every time. Yes, he's cheaper, but he's also just not as good as Robinson.

And two other MLS teams seem to agree with me... last place San Jose and Chivas.
I think when three teams in a league decide you're not good enough, then you're not "excellent".

Don Julio
07-31-2008, 08:17 PM
How would a CSL team be able to afford all the travel if they made the Champions League?!

RealG-TFC
07-31-2008, 08:18 PM

Are you worried that if they expanded the format to say 6-8 teams that our beloved TFC would come in the bottom half. Strong competition builds character something this team is lacking.

Just cause we suck doesn't mean we're not professional. I'm sorry but you have to regulate the shit that you write on these boards, you are on the verge of making it into a septic tank.

MrHawk
07-31-2008, 08:19 PM
How would a CSL team be able to afford all the travel if they made the Champions League?!

For the teams in the International Division: "Ethnic Bake sales"

For the Canadian teams "Bikini Car Wash"

professor
07-31-2008, 08:22 PM
quick comments
the Nutrilite Canadian Championship should be open to any senior team in the country
- introduce stages or qualifying rounds, top amateur teams from west, central and east advance
- 2008 senior national champions should get a bye into the competiton next year
- 2008 CSL champions as well, same courtesy to other equivalent Cdn leagues
- make it meaningful - play with pride

Poz over Harmse: everyday of the week and twice on match day!!!!!

Somehow, I'd like to see these 3 Vaughan Italia Shooters involved in the Reserve set-up, full-time: Jonke, Murray and Wiredu (NYRD have also called on Wiredu)

professor
07-31-2008, 08:26 PM

Provincial Association subsidy,
just one way for the fat-cats to support the next level in the pyramid
of course they would have to sacrifice a few trips and perks

RealG-TFC
07-31-2008, 08:27 PM
I;m sorry but seeing a Semi-Amateur club represent the only Canadian spot in the Champions League doesn't excite me.

professor
07-31-2008, 08:30 PM
Just cause we suck doesn't mean we're not professional. I'm sorry but you have to regulate the shit that you write on these boards, you are on the verge of making it into a septic tank.

add HIM to your ignore list
you never have to read him, except when others quote him
cuts out/down on a lot of crap on this board

professor
07-31-2008, 08:31 PM
I;m sorry but seeing a Semi-Amateur club represent the only Canadian spot in the Champions League doesn't excite me.

Best team survives - thats who I want to support

S_D
07-31-2008, 08:33 PM
don't have to worry about it now.Giambac has been banned by the looks of it.

Look under his username.

RealG-TFC
07-31-2008, 08:34 PM

Yeah I guess, But if they win then it was probably luck and will go down easily once they play other clubs. OR. They have players better than all 3 teams and we're all like WTF?

MrHawk
07-31-2008, 08:39 PM
I don't know why he was banned?

I guess he must've really p'd someone off.

RealG-TFC
07-31-2008, 08:41 PM
I don't know. I went looking for the line crossing post so I assumed it was in the "This is why we suck..." because he would probably go on a tyrade of how John Carver is the devil sprinkled with some messages of Toronto Italia because he probably has some friends involved in that. But his posts were too long and my brain and body were telling me not to read them.

professor
07-31-2008, 08:47 PM
Yeah I guess, But if they win then it was probably luck and will go down easily once they play other clubs. OR. They have players better than all 3 teams and we're all like WTF?

no disagreement from me

here's my thinking - TFC ate a huge piece of humble pie in not advancing
"professionals" who practice day-in and day-out couldn't get it done!!!
One massive brain fart - enough blame to go round, not just cunny but the full startihng XI and Carver
There was a lesson to be learned

Good luck Impact

and fwiw,
with any combination of 4/5 senior team players with reserves and top academy prospects in the friendly vs Vaughan Italia, an 0-4 defeat is equally an embarassment to the depth and quality of TFC's set-up

iansmcl
08-01-2008, 12:38 AM
I find it odd I cannot find anything about this anywhere. :noidea:

maninb
08-01-2008, 08:24 AM

Why do you even bother posting here anymore..You've proven TIME AND AGAIN you know f*ck all about the sport..Why not take your whiney little ass and negativity and go some place else....Oh and by the way Skippy..Carver wasn't Mo's buddy before coming here...they hardly knew each other!

VPjr
08-01-2008, 11:00 AM
I think you're totally overrating Pozniak with the "excellent" part. I saw him play last year and I'd choose Robinson over him every time. Yes, he's cheaper, but he's also just not as good as Robinson.

And two other MLS teams seem to agree with me... last place San Jose and Chivas.
I think when three teams in a league decide you're not good enough, then you're not "excellent".

Robinson is an all-world ball winner and an all-house league distributor of the ball.

I've watched Poz his entire career (way back to when he played for the Lynx) and he is a solid but unspectacular player whose natural position is holding MF.

What Poz lacks in terms of ball winning (no argument that Carl is an outstanding ball winner), I'm confident Chris would make it up with his superior passing ability and vision.

last year, Poz was constantly played out of position. If your only point of reference in terms of Poz is what he did for TFC, then you don't have a complete picture.

I like Robinson but it frustrates me so much to see a guy who is totally incapable of making quality passes to get the offense moving forward. He's an incomplete player. If he were not so incomplete, he'd be in EPL because every team would want someone who is such a tenacious player with a knack for winning the ball cleanly (without silly fouls).

The fact that there would be a 200K difference between Poz and Robinson would be another reason why I'd prefer Poz. Use that money for the forward depth we so sorely lack.

VPjr
08-01-2008, 11:19 AM

Bravo....100% correct. Let 'em play and let the best team wins.

People have so many opinions of the CSL (or other leagues below MLS or USL) without seeing the games live. If the only CSL match people have seen this year is TFC Academy playing, then people don't have enough info to have an opinion. TFC-A is the 2nd worst team in the league (after London....London City stinks) and they should be at the bottom of the league because they are a youth team playing against men.

Right now, there are a couple of teams in USL2 that would give our TFC starting XI a run for their money (Crystal Palace USA being a good example). Having said that, the bottom of the USL2 isn't a whole lot different than the best of the CSL. The pay and the amount of time allocated to training are the main differences in my opinion.

VPjr
08-01-2008, 11:25 AM
I find it odd I cannot find anything about this anywhere. :noidea:

It was a closed door friendly. I'm pretty sure TFC doesn't want to be advertising the fact that their reserves got their asses handed to them, and this is what is wrong with the current TFC regime.

Suck it up and admit that your reserves got owned by a quality team. The CSL deserves the recognition, which is why I posted the info and made sure to give it a plug on the radio last night when I called to ask the boys on the Soccer Show a question about the CSL.

I love TFC but I hate the people running the club right now. I personally know a handful of people who I would prefer to see running the club and I sincerely believe that the results would improve immediately with those people in charge. Of course, they'll never get a shot, much for the same reasons that Carm Isaaco is not a coach for TFC anymore.