PDA

View Full Version : Other MLS Games - August 12 - 10 Games in 1 Day

OgtheDim
08-11-2017, 10:45 AM
What? You would prefer to watch the EPL!?!?!

SKC @ Seattle 4pm - GAME OF THE WEEK Looking like a potential West Final. SKC's defence vs. the Seattle offence. Its really tight in the West and a win by Seattle is going to make it tighter. 3-1 for the home team

RSL @ DCU 7pm - DCU blew up their team this week adding some good pieces for next season. RSL has a little bit more stability. 2-1 for RSL

Chicago @ Columbus 7:30pm - Columbus is also transitioning to make a run for 2018 while still hoping to grab playoffs this season. Their defence has issues. Chicago is too stable and too disciplined to lose this one. 2-1 for the Fire.

Orlando @ NYRB 7:30pm - Orlando has to start winning somewhere. Too bad they are up against a smarting NYRB coming off a derby loss. 2-0 for the home team.

Colorado @ FCD 8pm - Colorado are awful away from home. They will stack 10 behind the ball and hope for a break. FCD relies upon speed on the break to win but will figure a way through this wall. 2-0 for FCD

Vancouver @ NER 8pm - the Football Stadium Cup - NER's quick moving midfield will get stymied for 60 minutes but pull away at the end. 3-1 for NER

Montreal @ Philly 8pm - We play these two teams within 3 days later this month. Montreal is playing better right now. Philly did absolutely nothing to get better during the trade time. So, of course, a 2-2 draw.

San Jose @ Houston .8pm - Intriguing game. Houston's attack vs. the 3-5-2 of SJE. I expect by 2019 these two teams will be battling it out for the West title. For now, 3-1 for Houston.

NYCFC @ LAG 11pm - You know LAG has fallen down the MLS pecking order when an LA vs NY game is not being hyped all week. The sort of game David Villa lives for - away, a struggle, his team failing in defence. Worth watching after getting home from our game. 3-2 win for NYCFC.

Oldtimer
08-11-2017, 11:06 AM
Chicago @ Columbus 7:30pm - Columbus is also transitioning to make a run for 2018 while still hoping to grab playoffs this season. Their defence has issues. Chicago is too stable and too disciplined to lose this one. 2-1 for the Fire.

It's an away MLS game for Chicago, I call for a tie. I feel a little awkward hoping for Columbus to tie or win.

Cas87
08-11-2017, 11:20 AM
It's an away MLS game for Chicago, I call for a tie. I feel a little awkward hoping for Columbus to tie or win.

Just wait until Wednesday when Chicago plays their game-in-hand against Montreal

Oldtimer
08-11-2017, 11:41 AM
Just wait until Wednesday when Chicago plays their game-in-hand against Montreal

:hide: Even more awkward...

OgtheDim
08-11-2017, 11:58 AM
A draw is always good. With a number of red cards to both teams.

Tunnelred
08-11-2017, 01:18 PM

I'm going to this game, I'm really confused what to do there. I want Chicago to drop points, buttttt, it's Montreal. Here's to some red cards lol.

PizzaEatingYeti
08-12-2017, 08:47 PM
WOW... the Piss-Stains just killed the mighty Chicago in the second half.
True that Cbus played well, but the Chicago defense was a total joke in the last 35 minutes, they totally fell apart.
Could have been easily 4-1, or even more!

charlieocc
08-12-2017, 09:04 PM
WOW... the Piss-Stains just killed the mighty Chicago in the second half.
True that Cbus played well, but the Chicago defense was a total joke in the last 35 minutes, they totally fell apart.
Could have been easily 4-1, or even more!
6 points clear!!

Oldtimer
08-12-2017, 09:31 PM
6 points clear!!

Chicago's hope to catch up to TFC hinges on winning both against Montréal and next weekend.

charlieocc
08-12-2017, 10:14 PM
Chicago's hope to catch up to TFC hinges on winning both against Montréal and next weekend.
We control our own fate entirely. The Shield is ours to lose.

OgtheDim
08-13-2017, 07:37 AM
There are dumpster fires....and then there are slow moving garbage barges on fire out in the bay.

LAG is the later.

Redcoe15
08-13-2017, 07:42 AM
Watch out for New York City FC (are scum). They went into the Galaxy's crib last night and beat them 2-0 and will host lowly New England next Sunday. If our side loses in Chicago next Saturday and the Blue Scum beat the Revs, they'll be a point behind TFC.

Fort York Redcoat
08-13-2017, 07:49 AM
This is nice.

Chicago will be pretty desperate to chase us by next our next game. That match Wed will be a fun one to watch.

Fort York Redcoat
08-13-2017, 08:01 AM

That Montreal was not as good as the score. Philly was a bit snake bit and that penalty was just pathetic. Chicago could get their mojo back in Montreal but here's hoping they wear Chi down.

OgtheDim
08-13-2017, 08:31 AM
Video review works in Dallas calling back a goal with a move that started with a clear foul.

Video review goes weird giving Kaka a red for hands to the face when he was joking with his ex teammate Collin.

PizzaEatingYeti
08-13-2017, 11:53 AM
IMO our real foe for the Supporter's Shield in this final stretch of the regular season will be New York City, not Chicago.

Derko
08-13-2017, 12:05 PM
IMO our real foe for the Supporter's Shield in this final stretch of the regular season will be New York City, not Chicago.

I also agree Pizza Man, TFC have to be ruthless