PDA

View Full Version : TFC Open Training and TFC2 at BMO Field next Wednesday night.

Red CB Toronto
07-31-2017, 02:56 PM
I got the email today as I am sure a lot of you have to claim up to four tickets for the TFC open training session at BMO Field next Wednesday night. The evening will also include TFC2's USL game vs the Charlotte Independence following the first teams practice. Kickoff for that game is 8 PM. Looking forward to it.

sn0re
07-31-2017, 07:00 PM
Signed up as soon as I got the email, can't wait! One question, am I allowed to bring sharpies in BMO if I get the chance to get the players to sign some stuff?

Red CB Toronto
07-31-2017, 07:14 PM
Signed up as soon as I got the email, can't wait! One question, am I allowed to bring sharpies in BMO if I get the chance to get the players to sign some stuff?

For sure you can, I would not be surprised if the team came over to greet those in attendance after.

fergiejr
08-01-2017, 09:33 AM
Whenever we bring kids to the games we bring sharpies and hang outside the player's entrance. They all sign stuff, even Giovinco signs. I shouldn't think this is any different, and as CB says, they will likely come over.

Red CB Toronto
08-01-2017, 09:48 AM
Whenever we bring kids to the games we bring sharpies and hang outside the player's entrance. They all sign stuff, even Giovinco signs. I shouldn't think this is any different, and as CB says, they will likely come over.

I will second that, on game days it's always better pregame, the crowd at the players entrance is much smaller than post game, especially after a big win.

sn0re
08-07-2017, 02:10 PM
I have a feeling that TFC will contact us either tomorrow of the day of the open practice? I hate that. It happened to me during the newcomers event this year with short notice that my RSVP has been accepted.

Red CB Toronto
08-07-2017, 02:16 PM
I have a feeling that TFC will contact us either tomorrow of the day of the open practice? I hate that. It happened to me during the newcomers event this year with short notice that my RSVP has been accepted.

Anyone who requested tickets got them. It was not a lottery for this event. The tickets are being put in our account manager. You just have to print the, or have them scan off your phone.

sn0re
08-07-2017, 02:36 PM
Anyone who requested tickets got them. It was not a lottery for this event. The tickets are being put in our account manager. You just have to print the, or have them scan off your phone.

Ah I thought it would be a lottery! Have they emailed the tickets to anyone yet then? All I remember after RSVPing was that they would send an email with the tickets in the account manager.

Red CB Toronto
08-07-2017, 04:05 PM
Ah I thought it would be a lottery! Have they emailed the tickets to anyone yet then? All I remember after RSVPing was that they would send an email with the tickets in the account manager.

Friday was the deadline to claim tickets for the open practice and TFC2 game. With it being a holiday today I am sure the email will come out tomorrow.

flamehawk
08-07-2017, 05:00 PM
I was worried for a sec... so noone else have received emails or tickets in account manager right?

fergiejr
08-07-2017, 07:26 PM
Not me.

TFC07
08-08-2017, 12:53 AM
I am still waiting for tickets

Heepster
08-08-2017, 08:36 AM
... at BMO Field next Wednesday night. The evening will also include TFC2's USL game vs the Charlotte Independence ... Kickoff for that game is 8 PM.At least one of these must be incorrect. Right now one says it's 8 pm in Vaughan, the other says 7:30 at BMO.
http://oss.ticketmaster.com/aps/acc/EN/buy/details/U170809
http://www.ticketmaster.ca/Toronto-FC-II-tickets/artist/2336483

Red CB Toronto
08-08-2017, 09:50 AM
Tickets will be added to our account at 4 pm today as per the email I received this morning from TFC.

Captain
08-08-2017, 01:17 PM
This event included a meal right? I'm trying to remember the details from the original email.

sn0re
08-08-2017, 01:22 PM
This event included a meal right? I'm trying to remember the details from the original email.
According to the inital email, yes. I reckon they will be handing out BMO Field food vouchers.

Red CB Toronto
08-08-2017, 02:48 PM

According to the inital email, yes. I reckon they will be handing out BMO Field food vouchers.

I just checked the first email, there was nothing regarding a meal being served in it.

Areathrasher
08-08-2017, 02:55 PM
I think the free meal was on the registration page but it 100% was mentioned somewhere

sn0re
08-08-2017, 03:12 PM
I just checked the first email, there was nothing regarding a meal being served in it.

From the first email where I saw free food was mentioned:

"Toronto FC will be hosting a Members Only Open Practice on Wednesday, August 9th at 5:00PM, at BMO Field and you are invited!

Enjoy an up close and personal look at the first team training, hear from the coaching staff, and enjoy dinner on us. Afterwards, stick around as TFC II takes on Charlotte Independence.''

Red CB Toronto
08-08-2017, 03:33 PM
From the first email where I saw free food was mentioned:

"Toronto FC will be hosting a Members Only Open Practice on Wednesday, August 9th at 5:00PM, at BMO Field and you are invited!

Enjoy an up close and personal look at the first team training, hear from the coaching staff, and enjoy dinner on us. Afterwards, stick around as TFC II takes on Charlotte Independence.''

Tickets are now in our account manager to print off. Yes that is correct about the meal, completely overlooked it.

fergiejr
08-08-2017, 06:10 PM
Free pizza slice if we score 2 and win? ;-).

Cas87
08-09-2017, 07:55 AM
I bet for the food they may have simple stadium fare at the concessions and we just walk and pick it up, or specific SSH tables/counters

Red CB Toronto
08-09-2017, 08:00 AM
I am already hungry thinking about that free food ! Looking forward to it !

Prof
08-09-2017, 09:33 AM
anyone want extra tickets?

I need two. Can I meet you at gate 1

leafsman
08-09-2017, 09:37 AM
Already gave them away
I need two. Can I meet you at gate 1

sn0re
08-09-2017, 12:43 PM
Anyone think the south end will be open for TFC II?

fergiejr
08-09-2017, 12:52 PM
I have 6 tickets up for grabs. PM me your email address. First come first served.

Parkdale
08-09-2017, 02:08 PM
English Rachel just sent me a MSG - she has 4 free tickets to a good home. Please contact her on FB - https://www.facebook.com/rachelfinan

Initial B
08-09-2017, 05:07 PM
We'll be passing through Toronto on our way back from Winnipeg next Wednesday. Is this only open to SSHs? Any way I could get tickets?

fergiejr
08-09-2017, 07:30 PM
We'll be passing through Toronto on our way back from Winnipeg next Wednesday. Is this only open to SSHs? Any way I could get tickets?

It's today, not next week. :-)

reggie
08-09-2017, 11:23 PM
fun night..pizza or hotdog with a soft drink combo was the free food avail tonight,the training session was cool,boy is MB ever intense in practice jus like he plays in games,the TFC 2 game was entertaining.they should of won,a 2-2 tie hamilton with the brace.the young kids looked good.fraser.daniels.endoh and hamilton were my standouts.

flamehawk
08-09-2017, 11:34 PM
I have to say though that the fan appreciation night has been getting worst and worst.. I thought the buffet was better last year and was looking forward to the autographs (but looks like they didn't do that either). That said, still had a good time.

Red CB Toronto
08-09-2017, 11:53 PM
I have to say though that the fan appreciation night has been getting worst and worst.. I thought the buffet was better last year and was looking forward to the autographs (but looks like they didn't do that either). That said, still had a good time.

I think not being able to sign autographs on the field post game had to do with timing as the USL teams had to come out for warm ups. Now the guys were quite happy to sign, take pictures as they left the stadium, it drew quite the crowd.

flamehawk
08-10-2017, 12:31 AM
I think not being able to sign autographs on the field post game had to do with timing as the USL teams had to come out for warm ups. Now the guys were quite happy to sign, take pictures as they left the stadium, it drew quite the crowd.

Not on the field, but last year they set the players up behind a table on the northend. Ah, wish I knew that was happening outside. I mean it's fine, it's a freebee, don't want to complain too much. Just preferred the ones at downsview and last year's.

Rocket Robin
08-10-2017, 06:53 PM
My take on yesterday's TFC Open Practice but more important the TFC II vs Charlotte Independence game.

http://www.rocketrobinsoccerintoronto.com/reports17/17tfc422.htm