PDA

View Full Version : Toronto v Montreal Sept 20th. What can I expect?

Toronto Hornet
07-29-2017, 09:28 AM
Firstly can I say hi. I'm a brit, born and bred in Watford and a massive Watford FC fan.
I am seeing a Canadian girl and am over in September. I going to need a football hit so have brought tickets for the Montreal game for myself, Lisa and her kids.
After watching a few youtube vids of the recent play offs and Canadian cup games I have to say the atmosphere in the BMO looks and sounds amazing.
So can I expect that kind of atmosphere for a regular MLS game againsy Montreal or will ill it be less intense?

Just before I go does anyone reconise any of Toronto FC previous coaches in this picture?

http://i66.tinypic.com/2vifud1.jpg

Redcoe15
07-29-2017, 11:01 AM
First, hi!

Second, hells yeah you're all going to experience a huge atmosphere with the home match against Montreal. This is the best derby in all of Major League Soccer. Us Reds fans LOAAATHE the Limp-act and would like nothing better than to destroy them any chance we can get. Especially given how Kyle Fisher injured TFC defender Stephen Beitashour's pancreas from a hard, suspect hit during the second leg of the Canadian Championship final. The home fans want blood for that.

Third, your picture doesn't show. Find a different host to post your pics, like Tinypic.

Toronto Hornet
07-29-2017, 11:39 AM
Cheers Redcoe, got to say I am really looking forward to the game now, do love a game with a bit of needle!
Oh and thanks for the head up with tinypic.

UpTheReds
07-29-2017, 12:15 PM
Well seeing as how you're a Watford man, I'm going to guess that Chris Cummins is in that picture. Only lad in the first row with the spikey blonde hair? As far as the game? I echo the previous comment. Montreal fighting for a playoff spot, we are fighting for top of the league. Last years dramatic two legs and this years dramatic win in the Canadian Championship. It all adds extra spice to what is already a game against our most hated rivals. Not to mention the game comes during the run in!

Initial B
07-29-2017, 12:23 PM
Welcome! I'm in Ottawa, but make an annual pilgrimage to Stade Saputo to catch the Derby. But BMO field is best.

Derko
07-29-2017, 12:24 PM
Any time Fisher touches the ball I would suspect an awful lot of grief from the fans

MightyDM
07-29-2017, 12:26 PM
Come to Shoeless Joes pre match and the lads will welcome you well. King and Dufferin. Lisa and kids will feel welcome. Wear red.

noimpactinmtl
07-29-2017, 10:02 PM
Come to Shoeless Joes pre match and the lads will welcome you well. King and Dufferin. Lisa and kids will feel welcome. Wear red.

PS- not a dot of blue anywhere. (Yes, it's becoming something of a superstition to me).

anto7
07-30-2017, 04:48 AM
Based on his current ridiculous dress sense my guess is that the kid wearing the god darn ugly cardigan could be Mariner?
Enjoy the game!!

Toronto Hornet
07-30-2017, 06:20 AM
Cheers fells's sounds like we are in for a treat. I do love a good derby day, although Watford have not had one for a number of years as the scum up the road (Luton, you have no idea how hard it is to type them five letters!) have slid into oblivion.

Shoeless Joes pre match sounds like it is not to be missed so I'm sure we will pop in there for a couple of beers before the game, to start soaking up the atmosphere and I will make sure we are all showing red and not a jot of blue will be seen anywhere.

Now to the picture, upthereds you got it straight away, it is Chris Cummins sitting right at the front, he is sitting there as he had a broken knee at the time.
Anto7 the kid in the god dam ugly cardigan (80's fashion was great eh?) is actually ex West Ham and England international Alan Devonshire's nephew. The kid was very close to making it at West Ham before he got a serious ankle injury which ended his career just as he was about to break into their first team.

So thanks for taking time and giving this old limey the heads up on what sounds like will be a cracking day out, I hope to maybe meet a few of you in Shoeless Joes before the game.

Auzzy
07-30-2017, 08:41 AM
Now to the picture, upthereds you got it straight away, it is Chris Cummins sitting right at the front, he is sitting there as he had a broken knee at the time.
Anto7 the kid in the god dam ugly cardigan (80's fashion was great eh?) is actually ex West Ham and England international Alan Devonshire's nephew. The kid was very close to making it at West Ham before he got a serious ankle injury which ended his career just as he was about to break into their first team.

So thanks for taking time and giving this old limey the heads up on what sounds like will be a cracking day out, I hope to maybe meet a few of you in Shoeless Joes before the game.

Welcome! Thanks for clarifying the ex-coach issue. Considering the number of coaches we've had at TFC in our short history, I was going to guess that 3/4 of the lads in that picture tried their hand as TFC gaffer at one point. :D

UpTheReds
07-30-2017, 07:31 PM
Watford was the give away for the picture. Groomed a lot of players through the youth ranks at that club.