PDA

View Full Version : Match Day 21 - Colorado @ TFC Saturday July 22 7pm - Beat the Mountain Men

OgtheDim
07-19-2017, 10:00 PM
At the end of this game, all I want to do is this:

https://media.giphy.com/media/gVoBC0SuaHStq/giphy.gif

Have at It People

Derko
07-20-2017, 06:48 AM
In the immortal words of Will Geer, Sure that you can skin a Grizz, Pilgrim...

Fort York Redcoat
07-20-2017, 09:48 AM
At the end of this game, all I want to do is this:

https://media.giphy.com/media/gVoBC0SuaHStq/giphy.gif

Have at It People

One day I may not smile at that^

That day is not today.:)

Return of Cooper? Unknown as yet but you can bet yer arse we'll see Alan Gordon on the pitch by the final whistle.

OgtheDim
07-20-2017, 12:59 PM
Larson tweeted out that Seba is questionable for Saturday

Might see that 3-4-3 again.

Cas87
07-20-2017, 01:14 PM
3-4-3??
Bono
Zavs -- Moor -- Hasler?
Morgan -- Cheyrou -- Delgado -- Edwards
Chapman -- Hamilton -- Vazquez

OR

3-5-1-1
Bono
Zavs -- Moor -- Hasler?
Morgan -- Chapamn -- Cheyrou -- Delgado -- Edwards
Vazquez
Hamilton

OgtheDim
07-20-2017, 01:21 PM
Kinda like ur second one there. We pretty much played a 3-4-3 after Seba went out with Vasquez and Chapman in behind Spencer/Hamilton. Used Alseth and Morgan/Edwards for width.

tfcfans
07-20-2017, 09:01 PM
Any chance that Oso or Ricketts (especially if Gio can't go), would be available for Saturday night, considering they didn't play tonight and should be back in Toronto by tomorrow I would imagine (Cooper available?).....any wisdom on that front?

khso11
07-20-2017, 11:58 PM
3-4-3??
Bono
Zavs -- Moor -- Hasler?
Morgan -- Cheyrou -- Delgado -- Edwards
Chapman -- Hamilton -- Vazquez

OR

3-5-1-1
Bono
Zavs -- Moor -- Hasler?
Morgan -- Chapamn -- Cheyrou -- Delgado -- Edwards
Vazquez
Hamilton

The 3-5-1-1 looks about right, but I would put Mavinga in instead of Hasler, and probably Hasler/Alseth as RWB, with Morgan/Edwards at LWB.

UpTheReds
07-21-2017, 08:25 AM
Ricketts will be involved now surely.

fergiejr
07-21-2017, 08:38 AM
The 3-5-1-1 looks about right, but I would put Mavinga in instead of Hasler, and probably Hasler/Alseth as RWB, with Morgan/Edwards at LWB.

I want to see Morgan/Edwards on that LWB. I would also go Mavinga over Hasler. Mavinga made some errors on Wed, but I blame that poor excuse of a pitch for that.

Canary10
07-21-2017, 11:52 AM
Hagglund is available for Saturday. That's quicker than I thought. That's great, although probably poses selection problems for Vanney once he's fully up to game shape.

flatpicker
07-21-2017, 01:08 PM
Hagglund is available for Saturday. That's quicker than I thought. That's great, although probably poses selection problems for Vanney once he's fully up to game shape.

That's impressive. I just hope he's feeling 100% and not rushing things.

C.Ronaldo
07-21-2017, 01:16 PM
I want to see Morgan/Edwards on that LWB. I would also go Mavinga over Hasler. Mavinga made some errors on Wed, but I blame that poor excuse of a pitch for that.

you have to give morgan and edwards a shot, they earned it in NY

BenRhodes23
07-21-2017, 02:08 PM
Are we doing anything for Moor's 350th MLS appearance or Morgan's 100th LEAGUE appearance for TFC? I think Morgan deserves something as he's the longest tenured player in our history (even though Osorio has the appearance record)

notthesun
07-21-2017, 03:38 PM
I'll be very happy if Hagglund makes his return tomorrow, I thought he was our best defender before going down injured.

I would also start Hasler at RWB here. Doesn't get much more favorable than Colorado at home. Ideal situation to ease him into the team.

Redpunkfiddle
07-21-2017, 06:54 PM
Vanney out.

Suspended, that is.

khso11
07-21-2017, 10:32 PM
Vanney out.

Suspended, that is.

Is that for sure? Vanney wasn't sent off with a red card.

edit: Nvm, you are right, he is suspended.

KurtLarSUN
07-22-2017, 11:06 AM

FWIW, coaches can't be red carded. Only players in the game or on the bench.

The confusion yesterday came after a league official informed TFC Vanney wasn't suspended. They then realized their mistake and corrected at league headquarters.

noimpactinmtl
07-22-2017, 12:05 PM

Is it touchline or stadium ban?

khso11
07-22-2017, 04:38 PM
FWIW, coaches can't be red carded. Only players in the game or on the bench.

The confusion yesterday came after a league official informed TFC Vanney wasn't suspended. They then realized their mistake and corrected at league headquarters.

Hmm, that's confusing indeed. The timing of the reply from the league wasn't the best either.

khso11
07-22-2017, 04:40 PM
Is it touchline or stadium ban?

I suppose just touchline ban. I don't think his offense would warrants a stadium ban, unless the league have other ideas.

notthesun
07-22-2017, 05:20 PM
https://twitter.com/torontofc/status/888881592734814208

More rotation than I expected. Endoh at RWB, Irwin in, Hagglund in, Moor on the bench.

Wanted Hamilton to start but I'm okay with it since Chapman gets in the XI instead. Elected to go 1 striker I guess.

OgtheDim
07-22-2017, 05:22 PM
Well this should be interesting. Endoh & Irwin & Chapman.

flatpicker
07-22-2017, 05:31 PM
I hope Hagglund has a good return.
Nice to see Giovinco is ready to go (wasn't sure about his injury status)

Davenport
07-22-2017, 05:36 PM
Well this should be interesting. Endoh & Irwin & Chapman.

Colorado are crap, that's why he can afford to start guys like Endoh, Chapman and Delgado. vs better teams they're just not good enough.

Davenport
07-22-2017, 05:38 PM
Vanney out.

Suspended, that is.

Saw what you did there. Very good.

shwade
07-22-2017, 05:40 PM
Ahh seba up by himself? He'll get frustrated lretty fast if the service doesn't come.

khso11
07-22-2017, 05:47 PM
Hasler isn't even on the bench, thought this would be the game that we'll finally see him.

Yohan
07-22-2017, 05:53 PM
Hasler isn't even on the bench, thought this would be the game that we'll finally see him.

Prob not even close to match fit yet after European season

khso11
07-22-2017, 05:54 PM

Good point

Areathrasher
07-22-2017, 06:11 PM
Any links for a youtube stream?

ronzilla
07-22-2017, 06:12 PM
wtf Hamilton should be starting.

PizzaEatingYeti
07-22-2017, 06:13 PM

Dude declared in the interview he's fit, lol...

PizzaEatingYeti
07-22-2017, 06:16 PM
No Youtube, but here streams are pretty good:

http://goatdee.net/210293/watch-toronto-fc-vs-colorado-rapids

Areathrasher
07-22-2017, 06:17 PM
Cheers

James17930
07-22-2017, 06:18 PM
There's this too, but ads pop up occasionally:

http://cdn.livetvcdn.net/webplayer.php?t=ifr&c=737979&lang=en&eid=543373&lid=737979&ci=64&si=1

SirBobSaget
07-22-2017, 06:50 PM
Without a target man endoh doesn't know what to do except give it away

SirBobSaget
07-22-2017, 07:08 PM
Seriously don't think either col forward touched the ball. Best play of the half was the revenge cleanout by mavinga😯

Redcoe15
07-22-2017, 07:14 PM
Not liking Endoh out there.

PizzaEatingYeti
07-22-2017, 07:15 PM
Endoh wasted a ton of good chances to create real danger in the front of goal.
He's in a ton of free space usually, but almost always passed back the ball, or wasted it with a weak or very weak cross.
He looks like he's afraid to even try to go 1 on one on a defender, WTF?

All in all, we did not play well at all, given the quality of the opposition, we have created very few chances.
This game feels to me like a friendly game, TFC playing like is happy just to beat with 1-0, and Colorado is happy to get beaten just by 1-0.

Second half we need to play better.

Almost forget: the new trend is that in every game one of our players goes down, and usually one of the best ones... :(

SirBobSaget
07-22-2017, 07:18 PM
Moor is such a good guy. High giving the timbit kids as they ran passed 😀

PizzaEatingYeti
07-22-2017, 07:23 PM
TFC must score 1 more!
I don't want to see close to the end of the game Colorado scoring on their one and only half-chance, and robbing 1 precious point.

notthesun
07-22-2017, 07:56 PM
Oh my god... Cooper just got himself benched for the rest of the year. Another stupid giveaway from him.

PizzaEatingYeti
This happens when TFC is playing like crap with a crap team.

samuraizero
Cooper: 300k too expensive.

ag futbol
07-22-2017, 07:57 PM
Oh my god... Cooper just got himself benched for the rest of the year. Another stupid giveaway from him.
I've just been following via matchcentre but I was surprised to see Chapman subbed. He was best player on the Audi index by some distance.

notthesun
07-22-2017, 07:59 PM
I've just been following via matchcentre but I was surprised to see Chapman subbed. He was best player on the Audi index by some distance.

He went off injured unfortunately.

gracos
07-22-2017, 08:17 PM
We need to figure out how to offload Cooper, complete useless player, and why did we put him on instead of Moor i will never know

James17930
07-22-2017, 08:19 PM
Thoroughly disappointing.

Redcoe15
07-22-2017, 08:21 PM
That was practically a fucking loss for TFC! Should have beaten the fucking Crapids! No fucking excuses!

notthesun
07-22-2017, 08:22 PM
Pretty bad performance and result. Colorado are absolute trash, no reason to not have won this. Cooper lost us the game with that giveaway, they created zero by themselves. Literally just gifted them a goal. Sigh.

We should've created breathing room ahead of Chicago. This is frustrating.

PizzaEatingYeti
07-22-2017, 08:29 PM
The very first point on the road for Colorado, this is how crap of a team they are!
Shitshow today by TFC, look what I wrote in the halftime (probably most of you will say TFC had a good 1st half) - they had not... the whole game was without any intensity and concentration.

With this game TFC nullifies all that great work they put in at NY City, even worst.
Would been a lot better to lose by 2-0 in NY City, and win today by 1 fucking 0.

Only the points matter for the history.

Redcoe15
07-22-2017, 08:33 PM
:mad::hulk::mad5:
FUCKIN' EMBARASSING!!!!!

General Woolfe
07-22-2017, 08:35 PM
What a shit show that was. Off to the best possible start and instead of doing our goal difference a favour we end up throwing away two points. The moment Cheyrou went down we lost control of that match and it was downhill from there. Delgado and Chapman are just not capable of anchoring a midfield. He might have scored his first goal for the Reds tonight but Chapman was shocking from then on. His performance was typified by that absolute sitter he missed at the start of the second half. A five year old would have done better there. However it would be wrong to lay the result completely at Chapman's door. The entire side was riddled with poor performances tonight That should have been three easy points and I just hope it doesn't come back to hurt us when the Supporters shield points are tallied. Finally, what the hell has happened to Giovinco? He was abysmal tonight, and not for the first time this season. He had better find his form soon before the race for prizes gets serious. We should perhaps be looking for a back up striker in the window, for if Seba's poor form conitinues Ricketts as back up is certainly not the answer. We may have depth but it's clear it's not depth of equal quality.

:mad:

gracos
07-22-2017, 08:37 PM
There should a club fine for our team when they dont show up and play

PizzaEatingYeti
07-22-2017, 08:49 PM
We should perhaps be looking for a back up striker in the window, for if Seba's poor form conitinues Ricketts as back up is certainly not the answer..

Ricketts is painfully useless against tight defenses, and good or very good in open games.

OgtheDim
07-22-2017, 08:50 PM
That was the most annoying game in years.

TFC_4_Life
07-22-2017, 09:07 PM
Very frustrating the lack of effort. Up 1 -0 and they became very complacent. This is the most frustrating thing as a fan is seeing lack of effort. Which is not common in this squad. After Cheyrou left we certainly lost leadership on the field.

Delgado was competent in his role, his positioning was fine, only a few errant passes but decent game, especially considering he just got thrown in there. It's not his role but someone had to take leadership of this game and it didn't happen.

nonc
07-22-2017, 09:17 PM
We need to figure out how to offload Cooper, complete useless player, and why did we put him on instead of Moor i will never know
Because TFC were trying to win the game. Bad defending also led to the goal.
wtf Hamilton should be starting.
Or at least come off the bench first, since Ricketts isn't any good. Spencer getting stars ahead of him is disappointing.

Endoh wasted a ton of good chances to create real danger in the front of goal.
He's in a ton of free space usually, but almost always passed back the ball, or wasted it with a weak or very weak cross.
He looks like he's afraid to even try to go 1 on one on a defender, WTF?

Without a target man endoh doesn't know what to do except give it away

Not liking Endoh out there.
Edwards was the worst TFC player today.

ensco
07-22-2017, 09:21 PM
It's MLS. They were a millimetre away from being the MLS final opponent. We are missing guys. Luck is a huge factor, sometimes

Chill.

GerMc
07-22-2017, 09:28 PM
It was definitely an unsatisfying night. I thought Endo played better in the second half. And I would not have subbed Cooper for Edwards. He wasn't having the best night, but it was an odd swap. We should have won but didn't finish well. And their goal was a giveaway that hurt.

Let's look ahead to NYCFC. We can win that and recover. We were short a whole bunch of guys tonight, so think of that.

And I have to convince my wife that I can arrive at our cottage rental a few hours late to go to the NYCFC game, so wish me luck :-)

Eastend
07-22-2017, 09:35 PM
It was definitely an unsatisfying night. I thought Endo played better in the second half. And I would not have subbed Cooper for Edwards. He wasn't having the best night, but it was an odd swap. We should have won but didn't finish well. And their goal was a giveaway that hurt.

Let's look ahead to NYCFC. We can win that and recover. We were short a whole bunch of guys tonight, so think of that.

And I have to convince my wife that I can arrive at our cottage rental a few hours late to go to the NYCFC game, so wish me luck :-)

Cooper came in for Chapman. Morgan replaced Edwards and I think a good move. Edwards just wasn't on tonight.

GerMc
07-22-2017, 09:38 PM
Cooper came in for Chapman. Morgan replaced Edwards and I think a good move. Edwards just wasn't on tonight.

Good point. I forgot that. Morgan was not bad, so forget that part of my post!

TFC_4_Life
07-22-2017, 10:02 PM
I can see the potential in Endoh, but it seems like he's playing out of position. We have a crowded midfield but the game against Ottawa gave me the impression he would be much better centrally. Hopefully he can continue to develop and improve his consistency in crossing. He can play an incredible ball, but then give it away two times after. Typical of young players.

Cooper has so much skill, but he needs to cut out the giveaways. Very frustrating. He really livened up the attack for TFC but does not come close to making up for his giveaway.

backbeat
07-22-2017, 10:17 PM
Cooper is so frustrating

technical ability galore

but like Osorio hangs onto the ball too long and has a penchant for stupid give-aways...

Derko
07-22-2017, 10:20 PM
Because TFC were trying to win the game. Bad defending also led to the goal.
Or at least come off the bench first, since Ricketts isn't any good. Spencer getting stars ahead of him is disappointing.

Edwards was the worst TFC player today.
^
this

MightyDM
07-22-2017, 10:21 PM
What a shit show that was. Off to the best possible start and instead of doing our goal difference a favour we end up throwing away two points. The moment Cheyrou went down we lost control of that match and it was downhill from there. Delgado and Chapman are just not capable of anchoring a midfield. He might have scored his first goal for the Reds tonight but Chapman was shocking from then on. His performance was typified by that absolute sitter he missed at the start of the second half. A five year old would have done better there. However it would be wrong to lay the result completely at Chapman's door. The entire side was riddled with poor performances tonight That should have been three easy points and I just hope it doesn't come back to hurt us when the Supporters shield points are tallied. Finally, what the hell has happened to Giovinco? He was abysmal tonight, and not for the first time this season. He had better find his form soon before the race for prizes gets serious. We should perhaps be looking for a back up striker in the window, for if Seba's poor form conitinues Ricketts as back up is certainly not the answer. We may have depth but it's clear it's not depth of equal quality.

:mad:

Chapman had an excellent game, really surprised to see your comments. His injury was a turning point, as was Cheyrous

The team was a little flat after the first goal, and Cooper really botched it to give away the goal, but in general the team was good, just no cutting edge. Some of the criticisms on the board are far too harsh.

Plus the referee. Wow.

Derko
07-22-2017, 10:22 PM
Good point. I forgot that. Morgan was not bad, so forget that part of my post!

Except for the 2 crosses Morgan made right to the Colorado goalkeeper,

MightyDM
07-22-2017, 10:27 PM
Cooper is so frustrating

technical ability galore

but like Osorio hangs onto the ball too long and has a penchant for stupid give-aways...

osorio has no stupid giveaways, ever. I assume you mean Cooper.

BenRhodes23
07-22-2017, 10:30 PM
I was very impressed with Endoh tonight. Proved that he should be a sub with the MLS side.

The referee on the other hand put on a shambolic display. Colorado rolled around like idiots for 10 minutes without punishment. That dude that flew through the air to catch Morgan deserved a straight red in my opinion and many yellows for time wasting were well deserved.

That being said, our performance wasn't good enough as we had a great opportunity to begin to run away with the East following Chicago's loss. Let's get NYCFC next week!

Yohan
07-22-2017, 10:46 PM
Game plan was garbage with Seba as lone striker and tiki taka into Colorado goal. No centre forward to win balls in the air meant Rapids can ignore the wing backs. Their CBs can eat all the crosses into the box. Rapids clogged the middle and cut supply to Seba who was probably not 100%.

I thought Rapids might squeeze out a draw once TFC couldn't score on those gimme chances. You get punished for not putting away teams.

As for the gamesmanship, I hate it but it got Rapids a draw.

Yohan
07-22-2017, 10:47 PM
As limited Endoh's game is, he busted his ass off all game and he made himself consistently available.

MightyDM
07-22-2017, 11:03 PM
I was very impressed with Endoh tonight. Proved that he should be a sub with the MLS side.

The referee on the other hand put on a shambolic display. Colorado rolled around like idiots for 10 minutes without punishment. That dude that flew through the air to catch Morgan deserved a straight red in my opinion and many yellows for time wasting were well deserved.

That being said, our performance wasn't good enough as we had a great opportunity to begin to run away with the East following Chicago's loss. Let's get NYCFC next week!

Exactly.

Hamilton_Red
07-22-2017, 11:30 PM
Edwards was disappointing tonight, as was Cooper. I'd take Edwards aside and have a serious chat with the lad. If you want to be a top player ...you show up for games like that.

Thought Chapman played well - but I'd be worried about his fitness having a cramp and not being able to play the whole game. He needs to step the fitness level up and stay hydrated in preparation for game like that in July. Giovinco doesn't seem interested when the other DP's are away.

All that being said..with the DP's away..two injuries during the game...not the end of the world by a long shot. We are solidly in first place in the entire league..once everyone returns we are in a great position to win the Supporter Shield.

tfcfans
07-23-2017, 12:07 AM
The very first point on the road for Colorado, this is how crap of a team they are!
Shitshow today by TFC, look what I wrote in the halftime (probably most of you will say TFC had a good 1st half) - they had not... the whole game was without any intensity and concentration.

With this game TFC nullifies all that great work they put in at NY City, even worst.
Would been a lot better to lose by 2-0 in NY City, and win today by 1 fucking 0.

Only the points matter for the history.

I was sort of thinking the same thing --- if before the week started you would have told me that we would lose at NYCFC and beat Colorado at home - most would have said that this was the expected result of these two games based on the many factors going into said matchups....looking at it that way we only lost 1 point overall then by going T/T (2 points) as opposed to the L/W (3 points) and we actually are up an extra point on NYCFC this way and down a point to Chicago if we would have done the L/W scenario (ie. we would have had 41 points to NYC 39 and Chicago's 38 based on my thoughts going into the week) --- yes it sucks giving away the points at home tonight, but considering all of the roster issues and injuries going into this stretch this month, I think we have managed ok ---- the next game against NYCFC at home is a huge one and we need our full lineup to show up and decide that first place is ours for the taking with a big home win.....

I'm just trying to find a bright side after a disappointing night....ha ha ha.....

ag futbol
07-23-2017, 07:21 AM
Watching those highlights... I cannot believe that free kick they awarded Chapman as opposed to a penalty. Almost as shocking as his miss in the box.

Regardless, let's hope this kid can find some consistency and start contributing more on the defensive side of the ball. The potential is there otherwise.

UpTheReds
07-23-2017, 08:33 AM
At the start of the month if you told me we would be top of the table I wouldn't have believed it. With the injuries and missing large chunks of our squad to Gold Cup, I would have been happy to be 2nd or 3rd. The boys have circled the wagons and have put us in a great opportunity to finish top. Results like this will happen, but in the big picture we are in a great position for the run-in!

OgtheDim
07-23-2017, 08:54 AM
Watching those highlights... I cannot believe that free kick they awarded Chapman as opposed to a penalty. Almost as shocking as his miss in the box.

There were a few calls last night that confirmed for me the refs are messed up due to VAR coming but not being here yet.

Mavinga's yellow could easily have been a red. Under VAR, they would have looked at that, probably the ref would still given him a red but given a yellow to the foul just before that and we would have gotten a free kick. (Yes, I know, not to our benifit but that's probably what would have happened)

As for the Chapman foul, my understanding is VAR would have looked at that and probably suggested a penalty. The ref basically indicated the foul started out side the box even though Chapman was pushed twice, not just once. Either that or he was completely stupid and didn't think the second fall was a foul and went back to the first one after advantage was played.

One more game with the Refs not sure what to do and then we'll be into the VAR situation.

Derko
07-23-2017, 09:04 AM
The refs do seem a bit muddled just now don't they. Did you watch the 1 hour video session regarding VAR, I think it will be helpful, thoughts.

Sloppy game, but we got the point and are 2 up on Chicago, hopefully we will have a full compliment and thrash NYFC on Sunday next.

Fort York Redcoat
07-23-2017, 09:26 AM
Nice one Chappy! I'm sure OZ will check it out and think about the friendly in Sept.

But grab the brace next time. That uncontested shank in the box was the difference in the match but great stuff battling to get that penalty(well free kick).

ManUtd4ever
07-23-2017, 09:59 AM
Wasted opportunity for sure, but forgiveable under the circumstances.

Initial B
07-23-2017, 11:26 AM
I was really disappointed at the tie last night, but then I think back to 2012 and realize that TFC is in a much better place now. We would have been happy with a point back then. I'm willing to give them the off-game once in a while after enduring the first 8 years of this franchise.

ag futbol
07-23-2017, 12:08 PM
There were a few calls last night that confirmed for me the refs are messed up due to VAR coming but not being here yet.

I don't think VAR would have helped much in that scenario. What happened was blindingly obvious. His decision to pull back the play to the spot of an earlier foul and not award the penalty that was earned on the advantage appeared to be a breakdown in logic as opposed to anything that could be cured by taking a second look at the play.

While I don't mind VAR coming in 1-2 times a game, the temptation here to re-officiate the match and use it as an out concerns me. Their focus should be investing more in their officiating crews and training, not being at the forefront of technology.

ensco
07-23-2017, 12:14 PM
That was really nice technical header by Chapman btw. Not easy to pick out the spot like that.

Derko
07-23-2017, 12:25 PM
I don't think VAR would have helped much in that scenario. What happened was blindingly obvious. His decision to pull back the play to the spot of an earlier foul and not award the penalty that was earned on the advantage appeared to be a breakdown in logic as opposed to anything that could be cured by taking a second look at the play.

While I don't mind VAR coming in 1-2 times a game, the temptation here to re-officiate the match and use it as an out concerns me. Their focus should be investing more in their officiating crews and training, not being at the forefront of technology.

Interesting to watch explains a few things: https://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2017/07/20/watch-pros-howard-webb-presents-video-review

SirBobSaget
07-23-2017, 04:58 PM
Poo game by TFC, needed to put that sad team away early. But they let them stay in the game and finish one of their meagre chances.

Opening the door to the most pathetic display of time wasting

87:15 - 88:45 Hairston (Cramps)
89:00 - 90:25 Saied (Head Injury)
92:00 - 94:25 Hairston (Slams into Morgan)
96:00 - 97:25 da Fonte (Cramps)
97:35 Final whistle

Adding it up that's 6:45 of 'injured' time since the 5 mins injury time notice went up at the 87th minute. So you would expect to at least have 8 more minutes of play from then on, 3 mins regular and 5 injury. But the ref only allowed 3:50! Ridiculous.

Blindside16
07-24-2017, 04:05 AM
It was a typically poor performance by the officials. Inside the first 15 minutes Seba got man handled about 5 times by Sjoberg with nothing more than a stern talking to by the ref. I agree that the simulation and gamesmanship by the Rapids was a farce but we put ourselves into that position. Cooper has played himself right out the door as far as I'm concerned. He appears to be just going through the motions and it is starting to cost us points. I have been a very harsh critic of Endoh this year but I thought this was one of his better games. His work rate was up and he was contesting balls. Seba looks really uninterested when he is not playing along Jozy. I don't know if he feels that the other players are to far beneath him in quality or what. It is disheartening to see. We were due for a shit the bed game. It just makes Sunday's game even more important that we pick up 3 points. With everyone back I am hoping for a much better game.

burlington Red
07-24-2017, 08:01 AM

Regardless, let's hope this kid can find some consistency and start contributing more on the defensive side of the ball. The potential is there otherwise.

the Chapman incident was never a penalty. The first foul happened outside the box, the ref played advantage, we didn't get one and he called it back. Correct call.

Section_105
07-24-2017, 08:53 AM
the Chapman incident was never a penalty. The first foul happened outside the box, the ref played advantage, we didn't get one and he called it back. Correct call.
why didn't we get the advantage?
a second foul inside the box.

frustrating game all around. Glad I didn't PVR this to re-live it as I don't think my TV would survive it. And with all the kids in my section I couldn't even let off steam with an expletive bomb session.... #$%$@# @#$#$ (*%#* $*(@(! *#(%@ @$%$%^# .......better now.

Hopefully Michael and/or jozy are fit for Sunday.

burlington Red
07-24-2017, 09:42 AM
why didn't we get the advantage?
a second foul inside the box.

frustrating game all around. Glad I didn't PVR this to re-live it as I don't think my TV would survive it. And with all the kids in my section I couldn't even let off steam with an expletive bomb session.... #$%$@# @#$#$ (*%#* $*(@(! *#(%@ @$%$%^# .......better now.

Hopefully Michael and/or jozy are fit for Sunday.

From where I was, I got the impression from the ref that he deemed the challenge inside the box to be fair. I haven't seen it again but I tend to agree with him. From my view it looked a fair challenge. Great piece of skill though from Chapman.

Derko
07-24-2017, 09:44 AM

Was the advantage not getting beyond the defender in the box? just a question

samuraizero
07-24-2017, 09:47 AM
I can see the potential in Endoh, but it seems like he's playing out of position.

I agree with this - A number of games back (don't remember which one) he was able to play a much more attack focused position, and I thought he played that position much better.

burlington Red
07-24-2017, 09:57 AM
Was the advantage not getting beyond the defender in the box? just a question

yes would have been, but he didn't

OgtheDim
07-24-2017, 10:43 AM
Under VAR, the VAR would have looked at that foul in the box. They have to look at all situations where a penalty could have been called.

If they deemed the situation in the box a possible call that should be changed, they would alert the ref and the ref would look at the replay to see if their call should be changed.

The exact situation where VAR could be useful.

Section_105
07-24-2017, 03:41 PM
looks to me like the original foul was a shirt pull but in the box the defender comes around and bundles him over without getting anywhere near the ball. Second foul after advantage. Ref took the easy way out and went back to original foul.

https://youtu.be/F5bYLQbYv48?t=47s