PDA

View Full Version : Renewal already??

KGH
07-10-2017, 12:57 PM
Did anyone else just get an email with the following:

Your TFC Membership renewal is coming up in a few weeks, and as result of your feedback we adjusted to an auto-renewal payment plan. As a reminder, you have opted in to automatically renew your seats, and therefore no action is required on your end. Here are a couple of things to note;

30 days prior to the first payment date you will receive your notice for the 2018 TFC season with detailed pricing and payment plan information.
At this time you will be given an opportunity to alter your payment method. New this year we have extended our 9 month payment plan to a 12 month payment plan option!
On the first payment date*, you will be charged the first installment of your Membership payment plan. This will automatically secure your membership for the 2018 TFC season.
Your seats will be secured with the payment method from the 2017 season – See below for the payment method we have on file.

GTA_WOLF
07-10-2017, 01:00 PM
Yup, got the same email. Will be interesting to see what they do with pricing after last year's playoff run, and current 2017 success!

OgtheDim
07-10-2017, 01:01 PM
Its July. Half of Canada is either on holiday or sleeping at their desks. :)

I know they are moving to a 12 month payment option but wouldn't it be better to aim this for September?

Canary10
07-10-2017, 01:03 PM
Yup. Seems early. Maybe they are expecting a really bad second half of the season....

Fort York Redcoat
07-10-2017, 01:15 PM
LOL Vcup champions means they can market a champion size increase, too.

molenshtain
07-10-2017, 01:40 PM
meh. Manning got 18 000 people to pack a stadium in Utah to watch soccer. This stuff is right up his wheelhouse so I'm Willing to give them the benefit of the doubt on this early roll-out. I imagine it has some sort of purpose even if we can't see it yet.

OgtheDim
07-10-2017, 01:40 PM
LOL Vcup champions means they can market a champion size increase, too.

Oh, an increase is certainly coming but they still have to be careful and not turn things off the boil. The only "sell out" so far still only got 28K through the gate.

Joe Kool
07-10-2017, 01:59 PM
Got the same email. This needed to be done in September like other years and they could start their 12 months at the proper renewal time. Not right after we just finished paying off the current season. I am not a big fan of this timing at all. I supposed they are trying to beef up how much they pull in for 2017 by starting to charge us a couple months early.

Amortizing over 12 months probably makes them think we won't notice the increase in price so much as well. Companies love to talk about monthly payments so you are distracted from the whole amount.

khso11
07-10-2017, 05:44 PM
Amortizing over 12 months probably makes them think we won't notice the increase in price so much as well. Companies love to talk about monthly payments so you are distracted from the whole amount.

Lol. Don't give MLSE ideas, they might eventually make this a bi-weekly thing.

Derko
07-10-2017, 06:10 PM
We just finished paying for this season, keep it the same payment plan

Blindside16
07-11-2017, 02:39 AM
It doesn't surprise me that this came out already. IIRC when renewing for this season it mentioned that the re-up phase would be the start of September. I expect a price increase, I just hope it is a modest one rather than a monster. I just can't wait to order my Champions League tickets. It has been far too long since we have seen one of those games.

C.Ronaldo
07-11-2017, 11:53 AM
It doesn't surprise me that this came out already. IIRC when renewing for this season it mentioned that the re-up phase would be the start of September. I expect a price increase, I just hope it is a modest one rather than a monster. I just can't wait to order my Champions League tickets. It has been far too long since we have seen one of those games.

its time like this i wish we could include political jokes, specifically ontario politcs

Wagner
07-11-2017, 02:03 PM
its time like this i wish we could include political jokes, specifically ontario politcs

as
you friendly neighbourhood moderator....

https://media.tenor.com/images/2472602786a5483a712b076b5c62bcea/tenor.gif

Please stick to renewal chat and info sharing.

bones
07-13-2017, 10:07 AM
They're trying to fall in line with what the Raptors and Leafs force their STH's to do. That is to agree to buying the tickets well in advance of putting money down so that if some magic date comes and goes, you must give them money for the season. It's just a way of locking in earlier. They will try to hide it in words like "Membership" vs STH, or my personal fav. "you're part of the club, not just a ticket holder". YEAH, ok... One of my other favs. is "interest free payment plan". God these guys are amazing at polishing a turd. You're already paying in advance of receiving the damn product, of course it should be interest free! Sorry for the rant here but these guys are such greedy bastards it angers me. At every turn they try to squeeze more and more out. I'm just waiting for a seat license to hit us! OK, rant over.

Bones...

fergiejr
07-13-2017, 10:47 AM
One of my other favs. is "interest free payment plan". God these guys are amazing at polishing a turd. You're already paying in advance of receiving the damn product, of course it should be interest free!
Bones...

Maybe they mean interest free because we're not paying you interest on your deposit - essentially that is what it is. When you buy a house and put a deposit down, the money is kept in an account and you are credited the interest that it generates - granted these days it's pennies on the thousands.... g:D

paul-collins
07-14-2017, 04:15 PM
They need the money now to pay for Vanney and Bez 8)