PDA

View Full Version : Match Day 19 - TFC @ Orlando Wednesday July 5 7:30pm - Facing the Florida Men

OgtheDim
07-02-2017, 02:52 PM
Have At It People

Oldtimer
07-02-2017, 06:25 PM
With injuries, absences and exhaustion I expect TFC to lose this one.

TFC ptsd starting to come back again.

Initial B
07-03-2017, 09:03 AM
Orlando is not as good as Dallas, but their home field support is formidable. I'd be happy with a tie at this point in the season. And it will be their 6th game in like 3 weeks. Nobody else in MLS has had as crazy a schedule as them over the last two months.

That said, I have a feeling that the players don't like the result from Dallas and will be looking to bounce back and give Orlando a loss in their new home.

Fort York Redcoat
07-03-2017, 10:15 AM
The Snowbird match.

I need a win. And beers.

I'll be at Joe's for this one!

:scarf:

UpTheReds
07-03-2017, 10:18 PM
With injuries, absences and exhaustion I expect TFC to lose this one.

TFC ptsd starting to come back again.
We all knew July was going to be tricky to navigate through with the Gold Cup. We just need to stay within touching distance of the top of the table. I genuinely believe this group has the stones to come good and win the supporters shield. There is a different mindset to this group than previous TFC sides.

molenshtain
07-04-2017, 06:02 AM
Let's remember that last July we were dropping points while up a man in multiple games, seemingly lost with players in and out of the lineup. By September we were the front runners for the shield and would have gone on to win it had switched to the 3-5-2 earlier and not lost Seba for that last month. We're in a much better position this year. The teams around us will start dropping points soon too.

That said I think this'll be an interesting match. Orlando don't typically attack down the wings, meanwhile that's easily where we're weakest right now. They certainly won't target it anywhere near as effectively and relentlessly as Dallas did. If we can put up a bit of a better fight on the wings this game I think we can get a point.

Oldtimer
07-04-2017, 06:54 AM
^ That's interesting, I wonder if TFC switches to the 4-4-2 diamond?

Section_105
07-04-2017, 08:55 AM
http://www.miamiherald.com/news/local/community/miami-dade/key-biscayne/article159420469.html
Iguana in the toilet is no match for Florida Man. what a perpetually evolving meme.

I hope the boys are pissed off after that last one. They had some decent time on the ball but nothing seemed to drop for them. With Vazquez back (he is back right?) our mid should be much more dangerous. Hopefully Ashtone and Alseth can step up their game and surprise with some width. Alseth looked great in a TFCII game, now time to convert it to the first team.

samuraizero
07-04-2017, 09:23 AM
As long as we dont field morgan...

molenshtain
07-04-2017, 09:26 AM
Morgan's fine.

Red CB Toronto
07-04-2017, 10:17 AM
Hope the Reds are having a wonderful 4th of July down in Orlando.

shwade
07-04-2017, 11:54 AM

Agreed, the team has improved so much that there's no real place for him...maybe when we're up 3-0 with 5 mins left.
Vasquez is back so that should set a spark through midfield and get Jozy and Seba some decent service since it won't be coming from the wingbacks anymore.

Derko
07-04-2017, 12:01 PM

When you have to go to depth you have to be able to depend on that depth, just watching the replay of the game and I beg to differ, Mavinga got roasted on 2 of those goals, and Bono was too slow off his line on the first goal. Yes the service was not there from the wingbacks, but the service should have been through the middle. Just my opinion. That game was a loss by the whole team not Morgan. Talk to me when you have more than 72 posts and have been around longer than a year.

Yohan
07-04-2017, 12:15 PM
Talk to me when you have more than 72 posts and have been around longer than a year.
There's no need for that. Just because a poster doesn't have a long user record, it doesn't make his/her opinion any less valid than yours or mine. For all we know, the guy/girl could be following TFC for years and was a lurker on the boards for a long time.

ronzilla
07-04-2017, 01:59 PM
When you have to go to depth you have to be able to depend on that depth, just watching the replay of the game and I beg to differ, Mavinga got roasted on 2 of those goals, and Bono was too slow off his line on the first goal. Yes the service was not there from the wingbacks, but the service should have been through the middle. Just my opinion. That game was a loss by the whole team not Morgan. Talk to me when you have more than 72 posts and have been around longer than a year.

Mavinga was also responsible for the goal conceded vs montreal, where he gave up chase and watched the ball get blasted into the net. He played well for the past month, although last 2 games he's been terrible.

Canary10
07-04-2017, 02:07 PM

This is such an extreme reaction. He's been injured for, what, a year and has played bits of two games back? Give the guy a chance to get up to MLS speed before writing him off.

GerMc
07-04-2017, 02:14 PM
Mavinga was also responsible for the goal conceded vs montreal, where he gave up chase and watched the ball get blasted into the net. He played well for the past month, although last 2 games he's been terrible.

I would agree that Mavinga did not have a good game. With him it seems to be something in his head, because he has the pace and skill to be where he needs to be; it just seems sometimes like he doesn't choose to do it. Last game was reminiscent of his first start, and it sounds like Vanney was all over him after that. He really responded and was a different (and I would say very good) player for the last month (as you note in your post). Hopefully Vanney will read him the riot act again (or whatever he did the last time) and Mavinga 2.0 will reappear. With fewer offensive options because of injuries and absences, we need the D to be super-tight.

OgtheDim
07-04-2017, 02:23 PM
We ain't got nobody but Morgan, Endoh and Alseth for WB's. Maybe Delgado but he's so valuable as the shuttler. Like Mavinga, we are going to love the ones we are with.

On another note, this game is the last one for 2 weeks. I fully expect the guys to give it all for as long as they can in the 30+ degree heat its supposed to be at game time tomorrow night. Nobody is going to be rested from the start. There will need to be some subs. But anybody expecting a fast free flowing game is going to be disappointed.

Areathrasher
07-04-2017, 02:24 PM

No he wasn't. Bradley not really paying attention to what Dzemali was doing was a bigger contributing factor than Mavinga getting an unlucky bounce after his tackle.

Go watch it again https://twitter.com/FantasyXL_com/status/879857176507973634

samuraizero
07-04-2017, 04:02 PM
Lol... I have lurked here quite some time and only decided to sign up last year.

Anyways - If you watch Morgans track record of BEFORE his injury, he's never quite fit in with the play style of TFC. This is in MY very unprofessional opinion of course.
I know he hasn't had a hell of a lot of minutes to play with vasquez, bradley, gio, etc and having a solid team around him may change his play... Haven't written him off - I'm just not a fan.

samuraizero
07-04-2017, 04:05 PM
Last game was reminiscent of his first start, and it sounds like Vanney was all over him after that. He really responded and was a different (and I would say very good) player for the last month

I agree heavily with this. His first start (in reality, probably super nerve-wracking in a different league with a new team) was really mediocre, but he really quickly made a turn around and became an asset. Hopefully he gets his head back in it and we see the Mavinga we've seen for the last month again.

He's also had some MEAN life-saving slides in the last X games. That bounce in the MTL game was really unfortunate.

andyboy
07-04-2017, 04:17 PM
There's no need for that. Just because a poster doesn't have a long user record, it doesn't make his/her opinion any less valid than yours or mine. For all we know, the guy/girl could be following TFC for years and was a lurker on the boards for a long time.

Right on man! I've been a supporter since day one but signed up only recently. I have directed most of my comments to the players on the pitch or to my tv screen. BTW kind regards to Jim of Inebriatti SG, with whom I spoke on Kingston Rd the other night!

Derko
07-04-2017, 04:36 PM
Lol... I have lurked here quite some time and only decided to sign up last year.

Anyways - If you watch Morgans track record of BEFORE his injury, he's never quite fit in with the play style of TFC. This is in MY very unprofessional opinion of course.
I know he hasn't had a hell of a lot of minutes to play with vasquez, bradley, gio, etc and having a solid team around him may change his play... Haven't written him off - I'm just not a fan.

Derko here, sorry about that just kind of irks that if TFC loses a game it's always 1 player or another that gets the heat, and apologies for the number of posts reference, I can eat humble pie, Cheers brother

samuraizero
07-04-2017, 04:47 PM
Derko here, sorry about that just kind of irks that if TFC loses a game it's always 1 player or another that gets the heat, and apologies for the number of posts reference, I can eat humble pie, Cheers brother

No problem. Lots of passion behind this game we love. In all instances of anything I say - its always my own opinion, and goodness knows I'm often wrong. I'm just playing off the memories of watching Morgan several years ago and not being pleased with his play. Hasty comment by me, given he hasnt had minutes to be brought up to speed.
Just a personal opinion :)

In the grand scheme, a loss is a loss and its a team loss. It's never one guy. That play 30 meters up the field may be what put us in any given situation, and you're right. Mostly one person gets the blame - but it comes down to team 100% of the time.

Yohan
07-04-2017, 05:09 PM
Problem with Morgan is that he always feels half step behind reacting to the attacker when defending. His positioning and anticipation isn't very good. Lacking game mins last couple of years doesn't help either.

Neugs
07-04-2017, 07:19 PM
Every time we've worried about the lads this year, Vanney has pulled some string or another and they've found a way to make us happy. No reason to doubt a result of some sort in Orlando...certainly a draw would be more than acceptable under the circumstances. Definitely am worried about the WB/FB position...boy was Beita under-appreciated. Anyways, we have our four DPs (the three actual and one that deserves to be) in the lineup, so when thats the case TFC should have a result against anyone IMO.

Also RE: Morgan: give the guy a chance! He's barely had any first team football in so long, obviously he is going to start out looking like shite. I actually started to like what I saw from him last time he was in real fitness whenever that was.

jloome
07-04-2017, 09:08 PM
Every time we've worried about the lads this year, Vanney has pulled some string or another and they've found a way to make us happy. No reason to doubt a result of some sort in Orlando...certainly a draw would be more than acceptable under the circumstances. Definitely am worried about the WB/FB position...boy was Beita under-appreciated. Anyways, we have our four DPs (the three actual and one that deserves to be) in the lineup, so when thats the case TFC should have a result against anyone IMO.

Also RE: Morgan: give the guy a chance! He's barely had any first team football in so long, obviously he is going to start out looking like shite. I actually started to like what I saw from him last time he was in real fitness whenever that was.

Morgan was a fine prospect and a good player and got crocked by injuries. I'm certainly not going to say he can't come back from that. A lot of the criticism here strikes me as revisionist history; people always seem to need a goat.

Yohan
07-04-2017, 09:28 PM
Morgan was a fine prospect and a good player and got crocked by injuries. I'm certainly not going to say he can't come back from that. A lot of the criticism here strikes me as revisionist history; people always seem to need a goat.
I don't think Morgan has improved in last few years, while the rest of the team got so much better. His defending has never been good.

Blindside16
07-05-2017, 01:05 AM
With Vazquez back in the line up we should see a much different game from Saturday. I think for now a 4-4-2 makes more sense than a 3-5-2. We just don't have the proper WB's to pull off a 3-5-2 right now. A 4-4-2 diamond would allow Vazquez to push further up field and try to release either Seba or Jozy with his passes. I think 3 points is well within grasp in this game. The ref is Allen Kelly, which isn't the worst option.

Fort York Redcoat
07-05-2017, 07:30 AM
Get
me
to
Joes

TFC Tifoso
07-05-2017, 08:00 AM
I agree heavily with this. His first start (in reality, probably super nerve-wracking in a different league with a new team) was really mediocre, but he really quickly made a turn around and became an asset. Hopefully he gets his head back in it and we see the Mavinga we've seen for the last month again.

He's also had some MEAN life-saving slides in the last X games. That bounce in the MTL game was really unfortunate.

Vanney specifically used the work "naive" when he described Mavinga's performance post game after his first ever start with TFC.
That would lead me to believe that perhaps Mavinga originally took MLS a bit too light.
IMO, he's been great since, and yes he's had some definite goal saving slide tackles this year.

Graeme
07-05-2017, 08:40 AM
------------------------Bono---------------------------
--Alseth--Zavaleta--Moor--Mavinga--Morgan--
----Delgado----Bradley---Vasquez-----------------
-----------Giovinco--------Altidore-----------------

Bench: Irwin, Hernandez, Chapman, Cheyrou, Endoh, Hamilton, Spencer

(this leaves only Camargo, Aubrey and Pais off the game day roster!)

or

------------------------Bono---------------------------
--Zavaleta--Hernandez--Moor--Mavinga----
----Endoh----Bradley---Delgado---Vasquez---
-----------Giovinco--------Altidore-----------------

Bench: Irwin, Alseth, Morgan, Chapman, Cheyrou, Hamilton, Spencer

Canary10
07-05-2017, 09:03 AM

I have my worries too but want to see more from him. He has a tendency to want to throw balls into the box the second he gets it almost anywhere in the opposing half, whether anyone is there or not. Needs to be calmer on the ball and look around. In addition to defensive issues others have raised. But he may be able to get into the way TFC plays now if given the time. Apparently he works hard and is willing to learn.

TFC Tifoso
07-05-2017, 10:35 AM
FWIW, Larson showed what appears to be a 4-3-3 in the Sun this morning....

--------------------------Bono-----------------------------
-Alseth--------Moor-----------Hernandez------Mavinga-
-----------Delgado-----Bradley------Vasquez------------
------------Endoh------Altidore------Giovinco------------

Graeme
07-05-2017, 10:38 AM
FWIW, Larson showed what appears to be a 4-3-3 in the Sun this morning....

--------------------------Bono-----------------------------
-Alseth--------Moor-----------Hernandez------Mavinga-
-----------Delgado-----Bradley------Vasquez------------
------------Endoh------Altidore------Giovinco------------

This would be an enjoyable line-up! Endoh certainly looks better up front than on the wing. I didn't get to see Saturday's game, so I'm not sure how Alseth performed, but maybe Zavaleta needs the day off for once.

Ben - D.O.W.
07-05-2017, 11:32 AM
...but maybe Zavaleta needs the day off for once.

Maybe, but with 2 weeks off coming up I'd hope we're fielding 100% our best line up possible. I'm not saying Alseth can't be that, but he didn't exactly cover himself in glory in Dallas (although no one really did).

OgtheDim
07-05-2017, 12:15 PM
Vanney indicated last week he thinks the choices for RFB are actually worse then the choices for RWB. Its going to be the 3-5-2, especially against their diamond.

notthesun
07-05-2017, 05:50 PM
https://twitter.com/torontofc/status/882728800798130176

This is unexpected. Morgan and Alseth both starting and looks like 4 at the back.

OgtheDim
07-05-2017, 05:53 PM
4-3-1-2 with not much midfield width.

Detroit_TFC
07-05-2017, 06:03 PM
That starting back line has me concerned.

notthesun
07-05-2017, 06:06 PM
Larin starting for Orlando. Don't like that match up in the air with him vs. Zavaleta and Hernandez. Wish we had Hagglund here.

khso11
07-05-2017, 06:06 PM
This line up seems like a good alternative, but not sure if Zav could accommodate Hernandez' pace. The back 4 needs to really focus on their positioning tonight. It looks like this game is the battle of midfields.

ronzilla
07-05-2017, 06:25 PM
https://twitter.com/torontofc/status/882732845332090880

GhostKiller
07-05-2017, 06:39 PM
Stream
http://www.jokerstream.com/p/channel.html?ch=37

Areathrasher
07-05-2017, 06:41 PM
Any youtube streams knocking around?

James17930
07-05-2017, 06:41 PM
Going with Morgan and Alseth again? That's suspect.

Our big four guys need to have massive games if we're going to get anything out of this.

PizzaEatingYeti
07-05-2017, 06:42 PM
Maybe will be here, not started yet:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3nvoE5wCe9U

MightyDM
07-05-2017, 06:51 PM
^ That's interesting, I wonder if TFC switches to the 4-4-2 diamond?

impressive football knowledge

pdubs
07-05-2017, 06:55 PM
that back line has me worried but intrigued at the same time lol.

James17930
07-05-2017, 07:00 PM
Glad that the ref isn't letting Orlando get away with all these rough tackles.

That last one on Vasquez could easily have been a card, though. Goes in with two feet, studs showing.

MightyDM
07-05-2017, 07:02 PM

With you on that. He was developing into a nice wing back - it minimizes his defensive weaknesses and his pace is helpful. I've only watched the first twenty minutes or so, but he certainly wasn't responsible in any way for the first two goals. Did look like he was running in sand though.

samuraizero
07-05-2017, 07:03 PM
Any youtube streams knocking around?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3nvoE5wCe9U

khso11
07-05-2017, 07:04 PM
4 crunching fouls on TFC, no card.....1 foul on Orlando, yellow card. Alan Kelly's logic.......

James17930
07-05-2017, 07:04 PM
4 crunching fouls on TFC, no card.....1 foul on Orlando, yellow card. Alan Kelly's logic.......

Yeah, I take back what I said earlier.

PizzaEatingYeti
07-05-2017, 07:05 PM
This stadium looks great.
Lets' be honest about, a lot lot better than BMO field.

Auzzy
07-05-2017, 07:05 PM

That last one on Vasquez could easily have been a card, though. Goes in with two feet, studs showing.

True, but then he gives Alseth a yellow for almost nothing. In fact on the replay, it looked like Alseth may not even have touched the Orlando player. His foot looked dangerous, but he pulled it back in time.

khso11
07-05-2017, 07:07 PM
Alan Kelly is the same ref that lets every team hack down Giovinco last year and let play goes on, especially in the MLS Cup final....I hate this ref with a passion.

molenshtain
07-05-2017, 07:08 PM
fuckin A!

tfcfans
Woohoo!!!

khso11
Goaaaaaaal jozyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

MightyDM

There could have been two yellows. Not much different for Alseth. Inconsistent

samuraizero
yessssss

jloome
07-05-2017, 07:09 PM
yessssss

Seba and patience, that one.

samuraizero
07-05-2017, 07:09 PM
This stadium looks great.
Lets' be honest about, a lot lot better than BMO field.

Stadium maybe. Fields not as nice as ours. But, give Argos a few games and we'll be at par.

khso11
07-05-2017, 07:14 PM
WOW, that was a crazy fk by Seba

charlieocc
07-05-2017, 07:15 PM
Psh Orlando is fucked now, fans are singing the bounce in the 25th minute.

pdubs
07-05-2017, 07:16 PM
that clang off the bar lol. Bendik had no clue. Dip, swerving and diving free kick.

Auzzy
07-05-2017, 07:18 PM
Jozy and Giovinco did well on that goal, but the key play was Delgado's one-touch pass to Giovinco. Totally opened up Orlando.

Bendik has tinnitus after that free kick by Seba.

samuraizero
07-05-2017, 07:20 PM
alseth defending with his nutsack, attaboy.

khso11
07-05-2017, 07:21 PM
alseth defending with his nutsack, attaboy.

That's one way to defend a cross, Morgan should take note....

James17930
07-05-2017, 07:24 PM

Yes, I retracted my comment earlier in the thread.

OgtheDim
07-05-2017, 07:25 PM
Alseth looks like a serviceable 3rd string RB. Kaka going at him on the byline is going to hopefully educate him.

Morgan can't stop a Giles Barnes cross if his life depended on it but OSC pulls Barnes central to go at the other side. Weird. Hoping for a second yellow I suppose.

MightyDM
07-05-2017, 07:26 PM
Seeing Will Johnson strike that made me very nervous.

MightyDM
07-05-2017, 07:29 PM
Alseth looks like a serviceable 3rd string RB. Kaka going at him on the byline is going to hopefully educate him.

Morgan can't stop a Giles Barnes cross if his life depended on it but OSC pulls Barnes central to go at the other side. Weird. Hoping for a second yellow I suppose.

Alseth will need Delgado to be very defensive. He may be serviceable, but is clearly weaker defensively than morgan.

Auzzy
07-05-2017, 07:30 PM
Yes, I retracted my comment earlier in the thread.

Watching the game, and typing comments, sometimes we're a bit slow, and the comments (and retractions) all overlap. :D

MightyDM
07-05-2017, 07:30 PM
Lovely cross by Alseth there.

khso11
07-05-2017, 07:32 PM
Alseth playing better and better, this guy has potential.

James17930
07-05-2017, 07:34 PM

Watching the game, and typing comments, sometimes we're a bit slow, and the comments (and retractions) all overlap. :D

Yep, no worries.

MightyDM
07-05-2017, 07:38 PM
How on earth is that a foul? All Ball

khso11

Because Alan fucking Kelly, Toledo 2.0.

Richard

Puzzling.

MightyDM
07-05-2017, 07:39 PM
Yep, no worries.

Yes, my comment was quite late.

MightyDM
07-05-2017, 07:41 PM

Yes. I was late and out of sequence.

Auzzy
07-05-2017, 07:43 PM
Yes. I was late and out of sequence.

Me too.:thumbsup:

notthesun
07-05-2017, 07:43 PM
Barnes and Larin's (when he wakes up and involves himself in build up) speed down the flanks is a bit of a concern. Morgan and Hernandez can't keep up. Otherwise very good road performance so far. 1 chance, 1 goal.

PizzaEatingYeti
07-05-2017, 07:45 PM
So far so good.
Could be easily 2-0 for TFC.

Davenport
07-05-2017, 07:51 PM
Puzzling.
I forgot we were playing....beers on the patio etc. Watched the last 5 minutes. 3 terrible mistakes from the ref and linesman. They are a joke in this league. Until the officiating improves MLS is going nowhere.

OgtheDim
07-05-2017, 07:55 PM
Hmmm.... Moor in, 3-5-2

Oldtimer
07-05-2017, 07:56 PM
Very impressed with Bradley's play and reading of the game in the first half. He saved a couple of situations from becoming possible goals.

molenshtain
07-05-2017, 07:57 PM
this team is so good when they're on.

notthesun
That's how you start a half

khso11
Wow, probably the most composed goal I've seen from TFC

tfcfans
07-05-2017, 07:58 PM
Beautiful and selfless - this is a team that truly loves playing together, and it shows.....

James17930
07-05-2017, 07:58 PM
Wowza!

pdubs
07-05-2017, 07:59 PM
What a goal.

Hernandez in midfield. Interesting. He has been a great signing.

edit- Nay back three. Looks like he is midfield because we are absolutely wrecking them lol.

samuraizero
07-05-2017, 08:02 PM
MORGAN TAKE A SHOT.. shiet.

James17930
07-05-2017, 08:02 PM
I can't understand why their pitch would be in such bad shape ...?

Auzzy
07-05-2017, 08:03 PM
MORGAN TAKE A SHOT.. shiet.

I wish Morgan had a right foot, he was all alone, would have been an easy right-footed shot.

MightyDM
07-05-2017, 08:04 PM
Alseth and Morgan are both coming into the game. People were far too hard on them last game.

notthesun
07-05-2017, 08:07 PM
That chance where Morgan was played into the box with tons of space, he probably should've just had a crack a goal. Made me think, does Morgan have an MLS goal to his name? A goal for TFC at all?

Auzzy
07-05-2017, 08:09 PM
Faaaaacccckkk bad touch by Giovinco.

samuraizero
07-05-2017, 08:09 PM
That chance where Morgan was played into the box with tons of space, he probably should've just had a crack a goal. Made me think, does Morgan have an MLS goal to his name? A goal for TFC at all?

The answer is no. Has some assists though, which are just as important.
https://www.torontofc.ca/players/ashtone-morgan

notthesun
07-05-2017, 08:14 PM
Why, why, why did everyone step off Kaka? You're begging him to pick you apart.

PizzaEatingYeti
07-05-2017, 08:14 PM
Now will be super evident how much Vasquez means on field.
IMO our offensive output will be 50% from now on compared to what was with him.

tfcfans
07-05-2017, 08:15 PM
Wow!!!!

PizzaEatingYeti
07-05-2017, 08:15 PM
Damn this shit, should have been at least 3-0, now we should be happy if this ends 2-2.

khso11
07-05-2017, 08:16 PM
Wow, Seba's fk touch is back. Get ready for a Seba hat trick tn.

Auzzy
Fucking AAAA Wow!

pdubs
Giovinco shutting the crowd up

Richard
Now that's how you silence a comeback!

charlieocc
07-05-2017, 08:17 PM
Seba is my fucking hero.

James17930
07-05-2017, 08:17 PM
Wowzaaaaaaaaaa!!

Auzzy
07-05-2017, 08:19 PM
How about somebody keeps an eye on Rivas from now on FFS?!

Auzzy
07-05-2017, 08:23 PM
Can't they find a more fashionable band-aid for Jozy?

Oldtimer
07-05-2017, 08:28 PM
Hamilton is being a real threat.

jloome
07-05-2017, 08:30 PM
Hamilton is being a real threat.

I know when he was younger they weren't hot on his work rate but the last two seaons he's just improved his two-way game by leaps. And his movement has always been smart.

nonc
07-05-2017, 08:31 PM
Alseth and Morgan have been solid! Altidore, Giovinco and Vasquez were dominating the game for a while.

samuraizero
07-05-2017, 08:33 PM
Alseth and Morgan have been solid!
Dunno if I'd say he's been completely solid, but I'll eat my words from earlier. He's doing much better than historical Morgan

tfcfans
07-05-2017, 08:39 PM
Nice save by Bendik....

tfcfans
07-05-2017, 08:41 PM
On another note - Go Timbers! Go Whitecaps!

Detroit_TFC
07-05-2017, 08:46 PM
Hell yeah

Oldtimer
07-05-2017, 08:47 PM
Very glad to be wrong about this game.

UpTheReds
07-05-2017, 08:48 PM
Great response from a poor performance in Dallas. It's what top sides do! I said 2-1 earlier but that free kick was pure class.

Auzzy
07-05-2017, 08:50 PM
Woohoo! I wasn't expecting this result. Considering TFC was in alone on Bendik at least three other times, the scoreline could have been even better. Orlando had some chances as well but not as clear cut.

I had to switch off MLS Live real quick at the end, Kreis blaming it on the ref. At least 4 times Orlando clearly pushed through the back of a TFC player, including the foul on Jozy before Seba's free kick goal. Every time Orlando freaked out when they were called for it. Who cares if the TFC player was expecting the push, it's called shielding the ball, going through the back is an obvious foul every time.

This time MLS Live was TSN in the first half, and Orlando local broadcast 2nd half. Do they do that often this year?

smtavare
07-05-2017, 08:53 PM
Woohoo! I wasn't expecting this result. Considering TFC was in alone on Bendik at least three other times, the scoreline could have been even better. Orlando had some chances as well but not as clear cut.

I had to switch off MLS Live real quick at the end, Kreis blaming it on the ref. At least 4 times Orlando clearly pushed through the back of a TFC player, including the foul on Jozy before Seba's free kick goal. Every time Orlando freaked out when they were called for it. Who cares if the TFC player was expecting the push, it's called shielding the ball, going through the back is an obvious foul every time.

This time MLS Live was TSN in the first half, and Orlando local broadcast 2nd half. Do they do that often this year?

What vpn do you use - all TSN games are blacked-out and GEO-Blacked

General Woolfe
07-05-2017, 08:53 PM
:scarf: Wonderful performance from the Reds tonight! We dominated that game from start to finish and could easily have racked up a similar tally to RSL last night. A number of great perfomances throughout the side. I thought Hernandez and Zavaletta were superb at the back. Young Alseth had his best 45 in a red shirt in the first half. The captain was superb once again providing cover for the defence and orchestrating the attack. However, you cant look past Seba for MOTM, a few moments of genius once again from the wee man. He is so good at executing many of these moves he makes it look so easy

Onwards and upwards !!! :tfc:

p.s. fingers crossed Vancouver and Portland do us a favour later...

Auzzy
07-05-2017, 08:57 PM
What vpn do you use - all TSN games are blacked-out and GEO-Blacked

Shhh, just between you & me: TunnelBear. Since this game wasn't blocked in the US, it worked.

I also heard that you can do something in the Opera browser to deal with this issue.

OgtheDim
This season continues to look Galaxyesque.

Yes, they had some chances on runs but that was impressive team defence we were playing. Nobody was pulled out of shape (unlike against Dallas).

The 4-4-2 was good for a bit but we were so much better running a 3-5-2 against their diamond.

Detroit_TFC
That was an interesting game. I think Greg V might have surprised Kreis with that formation and of course big performances all around. Now can go into the break feeling good.

mowe
07-05-2017, 09:04 PM
Fantastic win and a much needed 3 points. I was impressed by Alseth, he looked solid. Could be a good depth player.

Davenport
07-05-2017, 09:09 PM
:scarf: Wonderful performance from the Reds tonight! We dominated that game from start to finish and could easily have racked up a similar tally to RSL last night. A number of great perfomances throughout the side. I thought Hernandez and Zavaletta were superb at the back. Young Alseth had his best 45 in a red shirt in the first half. The captain was superb once again providing cover for the defence and orchestrating the attack. However, you cant look past Seba for MOTM, a few moments of genius once again from the wee man. He is so good at executing many of these moves he makes it look so easy

Onwards and upwards !!! :tfc:

p.s. fingers crossed Vancouver do us a favour later...

We've got a coach that seems to get it and a deep squad of good players who are perfect for MLS, with serious proper footballers in Giovinco and Vasquez.

notthesun
07-05-2017, 09:18 PM
Very solid road performance. Took our chances pretty well and we shut them down for the most part.

Morgan and Alseth were both much better. Alseth played a nice one-touch pass to Delgado to keep our build up going on the second goal, and Morgan made some nice runs down the left. Maybe they're both more comfortable as outright full backs rather than wing backs, or maybe they had to shake off some rust, or maybe the whole team was just off vs. Dallas and it's unfair to judge them by that 1st game. Maybe all three. Either way this was far better.

Shoutout to Hernandez who's been very solid and doing everything you can ask of a veteran depth guy on a cheap contract. Smart pickup by Bez.

Giovinco was on fire today, hopefully he continues rounding into form.

shwade
07-05-2017, 09:21 PM
What a game Giovinco had and Vasquez is a godsend.
Morgan had a better game, he's a decent defender...he just doesn't offer anything attack wise as a fullback should.
Chapman strikes me as having low football IQ...rarely makes a pass forward.

Initial B
07-05-2017, 09:21 PM
Good to see them pick themselves up after that dustup in Dallas. Hopefully everyone will get back to health during the break.

shwade
07-05-2017, 09:22 PM
Those were some passes by Alseth.

ag futbol
07-05-2017, 09:45 PM
That was quite the performance. Impressive to rebound like that for a midweek game on the road.

Thought we walked through their defence with ease when we wanted to.

PizzaEatingYeti
07-05-2017, 10:16 PM
I don't think Orlando is so much shittier than Dallas, like these 2 games has showed.
But in Dallas TFC played like TFC of 2007-2014, and today TFC 2017 shoved up, even with the so many important pieces missing on field.
If we could have played just half as good in Dallas like today, we would have stolen a point from Dallas for sure.

Of course, 3 points from these very difficult 2 away games, considering all the conditions is very pleasing.
Heck, I think not too many people would have complained if we had 2 draws, but 3 points is a lot better.

OgtheDim
07-05-2017, 10:41 PM
FWIW

https://twitter.com/11tegen11/status/882801768236711938

Seba's free kick goal doesn't even move the needle on the xG but Hamilton missed a sitter.

On another note, Vasquez was taken off because he was sick (according to Larson).

khso11
07-05-2017, 11:59 PM
Credit to Vanney for making the formation change pre-game and mid-game. That's a bold move.

Auzzy
07-06-2017, 12:10 AM
Wow Kreis going on a major-league officiating whine: https://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2017/07/05/orlando-city-coach-jason-kreis-calls-home-officiating-unacceptable

After that game, what a fucking dipshit. I suppose the ref let TFC walk through the Orlando defense with ease? Players shielding the ball should be pushed over from behind w/o a foul getting called -- at least if they're on the opposing team?

notthesun
07-06-2017, 12:37 AM
Wow Kreis going on a major-league officiating whine: https://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2017/07/05/orlando-city-coach-jason-kreis-calls-home-officiating-unacceptable

After that game, what a fucking dipshit. I suppose the ref let TFC walk through the Orlando defense with ease? Players shielding the ball should be pushed over from behind w/o a foul getting called -- at least if they're on the opposing team?

He's desperate. Knows he's on his way out of a job if things continue there. Still ridiculous comments.

I like that he went out of his way to single out the foul on Altidore that led to the free kick goal. Watch the replay, Jason - Spector sticks his foot between Altidore's legs and then can opener's him, and as if that wasn't enough Aja comes in and just shoves him in the back. Give me a break.

khso11
07-06-2017, 02:26 AM
I think that TFC is so hard to breakdown that coaches would need to blame the refs for their own mistakes. I might be bias, but I think Alan Kelly was helping them more then us today, but somehow Kreis still has the audacity to talk. Biello, and now Kreis, this is funny, true hypocrites.

ensco
07-06-2017, 04:13 AM
I only saw the highlights, but Seba is obviously back. That is way, way more important than where we are in the SS race. (How many times has he hit the post or crossbar here? 12? )

Also, as a stalwart Ashtone Morgan defender, loved the cross from Morgan to Hamilton late. Nice ball!

Also, the respect that teams have to give Vasquez is really starting to open things up. We just have so much firepower now, it's unreal.

Canary10
07-06-2017, 08:40 AM

After that game, what a fucking dipshit. I suppose the ref let TFC walk through the Orlando defense with ease? Players shielding the ball should be pushed over from behind w/o a foul getting called -- at least if they're on the opposing team?\

There have been waaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyy worse reffing performances this year than that game. In fact, that was one of the few games I've seen where the reffing kind of blended into the background and didn't have any impact on the game. Kreis is an idiot to go off on that. I guess his wonder kid, top MLS manager lustre is wearing off.

Canary10
07-06-2017, 08:41 AM
I only saw the highlights, but Seba is obviously back. That is way, way more important than where we are in the SS race. (How many times has he hit the post or crossbar here? 12? )

Also, as a stalwart Ashtone Morgan defender, loved the cross from Morgan to Hamilton late. Nice ball!

Also, the respect that teams have to give Vasquez is really starting to open things up. We just have so much firepower now, it's unreal.

Yes. I think we see Giovinco going on a crazy run from here. Just a feeling. I bet he wins the golden boot in the end.

Areathrasher
07-06-2017, 08:45 AM
Looks like there's a player in there with Alseth

flatpicker
07-06-2017, 08:57 AM
Yes. I think we see Giovinco going on a crazy run from here. Just a feeling. I bet he wins the golden boot in the end.

He would need to go on quite the hot streak.
It would be an impressive achievement if he managed to do it.

samuraizero
07-06-2017, 09:10 AM

At what point does MLS step in and tell the coaches to stop bitching?
It's really making MLS's talented coaches look like shit as a whole.

flatpicker
07-06-2017, 09:11 AM
I love that we have a 3-way tie for overall points on TFC.
It shows that this is really about the group effort.
And it shows what a valuable addition Vazquez is.

Canary10
07-06-2017, 09:14 AM
At what point does MLS step in and tell the coaches to stop bitching?
It's really making MLS's talented coaches look like shit as a whole.

He said this: "Reason number one maybe because our crowd is so raucous and so vocal that referees feel a little intimidated."

So in other words, they are so intimidated by the crowd the referees do the opposite of what the crowd wants? Like some kind of Costanza decision making process?

ag futbol
07-06-2017, 10:00 AM
I think that TFC is so hard to breakdown that coaches would need to blame the refs for their own mistakes. I might be bias, but I think Alan Kelly was helping them more then us today, but somehow Kreis still has the audacity to talk. Biello, and now Kreis, this is funny, true hypocrites.
Agreed. Two game where the officials screwed us and there is plenty of wine coming from the opposition.

These guys should just count themselves lucky MLS officials are too dumb to call persistent infringement. Altidore and Giovinco would be stream rolling defences even more than they already are.

The amount of hacking we have to put up with is just stupid.

ensco
07-06-2017, 10:13 AM
It's just part of his standard "us against the world" playbook. The league doesn't have someone with Gazidis' stature to enforce against this these days

http://archive.sltrib.com/story.php?ref=/sports/ci_9196244

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/700242320/Real-Salt-Lake-Kreis-rapped-twice-as-hard.html

Joe Kool
07-06-2017, 10:13 AM
\

There have been waaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyy worse reffing performances this year than that game. In fact, that was one of the few games I've seen where the reffing kind of blended into the background and didn't have any impact on the game. Kreis is an idiot to go off on that. I guess his wonder kid, top MLS manager lustre is wearing off.

Funny enough I thought the same thing about the reffing after the game was done. I thought it was the first game in a while where the reffing wasn't taking centre stage in some way. The calls were decent and the game was decided by the teams. Hilarious to see Kreis whining about it. Maybe he should watch the game again to see where the issue was. It wasn't the reffing.

samuraizero
07-06-2017, 10:21 AM
It's just part of his standard "us against the world" playbook. The league doesn't have someone with Gazidis' stature to enforce against this these days

http://archive.sltrib.com/story.php?ref=/sports/ci_9196244

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/700242320/Real-Salt-Lake-Kreis-rapped-twice-as-hard.html

Ah, so this guy has a history of being a little bitch with the exact same cry.
Gotcha.

burlington Red
07-06-2017, 10:27 AM
great performances from the usual suspects, but I really liked the look of Alseth. Some great passes and plenty of energy in tough conditions. He had a few tough moments with Kaka, but I felt he was bit exposed in that regard, thought maybe Delgado should have offered more help. But facing Kaka at home in those conditions, even the best full backs in the league would have problems. Great to see him put a good shift in.

Section_105
07-06-2017, 10:33 AM
He said this: "Reason number one maybe because our crowd is so raucous and so vocal that referees feel a little intimidated."

So in other words, they are so intimidated by the crowd the referees do the opposite of what the crowd wants? Like some kind of Costanza decision making process?

it's strange but I wonder if there is truth to that. After the hit on Beita it was obvious it should have been straight red but the crowd was just screaming at the ref (I was a couple of sections over from the impact) and I knew he wouldn't make the right call there. Could be the ego of the ref coming through and making a choice just to say "this is my decision".

Kreis is definitely offbase on his assessment of this game but he may have a point about the intimidating environment causing the ref to alter obvious calls to rebel against the pressure. Wonder if there is a study on this.

OgtheDim
07-06-2017, 10:43 AM
Gantar in the Voyageur's Final decided to not whistle much and only give cards where necessary. He wasn't intimidated by the crowd - he was following his own approach.

That's all fine and dandy but you have to be consistent if you do that, and he has not been.

VAR is going to change all this.

Just ignore the Confederation's Cup VAR experience - that was a boatload of inexperienced people trying to implement something most of the Refs have never dealt with. PRO refs and VAR's have been going over testing results in mid week meetings to see where VAR would have been appropriate and how it would have been done.

They are going to get things wrong but the implentation will be consistent.

samuraizero
07-06-2017, 10:49 AM

I think this can be beneficial, just hope it's used for "special occasions" and doesn't slow the game down too much.
I suppose this could allow the coaches to ask for specific plays to be reviewed -- of course things like offside calls, it's already too late. Momentum gone.

Section_105
07-06-2017, 10:50 AM
Gantar in the Voyageur's Final decided to not whistle much and only give cards where necessary. He wasn't intimidated by the crowd - he was following his own approach.

That's all fine and dandy but you have to be consistent if you do that, and he has not been.

Just ignore the Confederation's Cup VAR experience - that was a boatload of inexperienced people trying to implement something most of the Refs have never dealt with. PRO refs and VAR's have been going over testing results in mid week meetings to see where VAR would have been appropriate and how it would have been done.

They are going to get things wrong but the implentation will be consistent.

Intimidating may have been the wrong word. I know he wasn't intimidated but do you think his ego came into play when he issued a yellow on an obvious red card foul play. The play matches exactly what the laws of the game state a red must be issued for. (excessive force etc. )

Canary10
07-06-2017, 10:52 AM
Intimidating may have been the wrong word. I know he wasn't intimidated but do you think his ego came into play when he issued a yellow on an obvious red card foul play. The play matches exactly what the laws of the game state a red must be issued for. (excessive force etc. )

Intimidated is definitely the wrong word. Combative with the crowd may be a better word.

ag futbol
07-06-2017, 11:16 AM
Intimidated is definitely the wrong word. Combative with the crowd may be a better word.
It was a classic case of failing to make consecutive calls which eventually let the game slip out of control. He elected to not make decisions early on as an "easy way out".

A good official would have gone to his book, talked guys down, and regained control over the match. If there is legitimately a foul every other play it's not the refs fault the game is choppy. Guys need to be reined in.

Gantar has really been poor to attrocious in every match I've seen him. We complain about a lot of guys, most occasionally do better or are legitimately okay. Gantar ... he just doesn't have what it takes

ensco
07-06-2017, 05:24 PM
https://twitter.com/plattoli/status/882943952017653761

SirBobSaget
07-06-2017, 10:18 PM
Great performances from everyone starting with vanney who continues to mix things up and getting results. Especially happy that Morgan bounced back to have a good game.

ronzilla
07-07-2017, 08:16 AM
Match Highlights

https://j.gifs.com/nZvvz4.gif

https://j.gifs.com/Elnnqk.gif

https://j.gifs.com/nZvvg4.gif

https://j.gifs.com/qjyyVR.gif

https://j.gifs.com/66PPmQ.gif

https://j.gifs.com/RgEE80.gif

https://j.gifs.com/lOqq8J.gif

ag futbol
07-07-2017, 05:59 PM
Shame Hamilton didn't pot one of those. he did most of the right things but needed to be a little bit more sharp.