PDA

View Full Version : Steven Beitashour Injury Update

69Chevy396
06-29-2017, 09:12 PM
Looks bad.
https://www.torontofc.ca/post/2017/06/29/steven-beitashour-injury-update

If his pancreas was damaged he will be feeling ill for a long time. Remember similar injury sustained by a player on my hockey team. He couldn't do anything physical for six months.

flatpicker
06-29-2017, 09:24 PM
Looks bad.
https://www.torontofc.ca/post/2017/06/29/steven-beitashour-injury-update

If his pancreas was damaged he will be feeling ill for a long time. Remember similar injury sustained by a player on my hockey team. He couldn't do anything physical for six months.

Yikes! I hope he has a quick recovery.

UpTheReds
06-29-2017, 09:37 PM
That's a massive blow. Especially with losing players to the Gold Cup coming up. I'm sure Vanney will be facing questions on the timetable for his return tomorrow at training.

69Chevy396
06-29-2017, 09:52 PM
That's a massive blow. Especially with losing players to the Gold Cup coming up. I'm sure Vanney will be facing questions on the timetable for his return tomorrow at training.
The doctors will need to evaluate his pancreatic functions and that will take time. Dam tiny organ controls a lot of life sustaining activities, so anything less than a 100 percent recovery will be needed before he can resume training. He will likely need to wear some form of underarmour for the foreseeable future. If they used laparoscopy, he may be ready by the playoffs. A lot depends on the degree of the injury...surgery is a last resort when they find extensive bleeding etc. This could have killed him.

Auzzy
06-29-2017, 10:00 PM
I feel awful for Beitashour and his family. He kept playing the rest of the game (and hard). Indeed the pancreas is a nasty place to sustain an injury (or a disease). "In stable condition" doesn't sound great.

Think the Montreal dipshits will stop whining about the game now? That should have been a red. You could just tell from early on that the ref had no clue how to manage the game. SSH in front of me is an old ref; always very fair or balanced towards the refs; gives us all a hard time when we're being homers. But he was going ballistic on Tuesday, especially about the Fisher hit and before.

Joe Kool
06-30-2017, 12:32 AM
Damn. Too bad. Sounds like the Endoh experiment will make it's return.

khso11
06-30-2017, 02:55 AM
Huge respect for Beita for keep playing until the end. Hoping for a speedy recovery for him.

Ridiculous on how the tackle by Fisher was overshadowed by Bernier's red card. I doubt Fisher meant to injure Beita like this, but this tackle should've been a straight red, I don't care how much you want to let things go, crossing the line is crossing the line. Listening to Biello's post-game interview made me even more furious, how does he not know his role.

Organ damage is bad, especially with the pancreas. It looks like it will take a while before he gets back with the team, this is sad. I expect CSA coming down with multiple heavy suspensions.

Auzzy
06-30-2017, 05:46 AM
Sadly I don't expect anything from CSA, hopefully I'm wrong...

Derko
06-30-2017, 06:15 AM
Thoughts and prayers to Steven and his family, Fisher should have been red carded for intent to injure.

paul-collins
06-30-2017, 08:00 AM
Damn.

ensco
06-30-2017, 08:06 AM
Moving this here from game thread. I was torqued about this play in real time, now I am seriously pissed.

Abdominal surgery!

Fisher should be arrested. That is premeditated. It's assault. Hockey players have been charged for less.

Caldwell's taken a major hit to his credibility here. If he has half a brain, he'll apologize for his call.

eustacchio
06-30-2017, 08:20 AM
He came over to 112 after the ceremony/slow clap, signed some stuff, gave a kid his jersey.

I'm genuinely upset by this, and I was irate when it happened.

Get well soon.

Section_105
06-30-2017, 08:42 AM
I'm trying to calm down from being so incredibly pissed off about this. Attempting to be rational is hard at this point. So very much wrong with this whole situation and I know there will be no remedy meted out that tries to restore balance. The CSA will do sweet fuck all to MTL or the player. The PRO will do nothing to sanction a ref that shouldn't be taking charge of timbits games. Even the almost meaningless case of Caldwell's stupidity on the call will have no remediation. (and I respect Caldwell as a player/father/human. he was so solid for us and I was sad to see him retire but he blew that call which is a disservice to those who are new to the game and don't know the laws yet.)

Fuck.

I hope he recovers well. that is a tough one to come back from.

Bobo
06-30-2017, 01:19 PM
Awful news.

I think it would be wise to assume Beita's done for the season and move a mid (Cooper) for a decent RB that has the quality to fill in long term.

Cas87
06-30-2017, 01:36 PM
Do we dare say we look at Fraser Aird?

Only stating his name as he is the only unattached Right Back / Right Wing Back I know of off the top of my head.

Section_105
06-30-2017, 02:02 PM

Only stating his name as he is the only unattached Right Back / Right Wing Back I know of off the top of my head.

I just remember him playing quite dirty but it could be my shitty memory. what's his play like? can he wingback or only a full right back.

Yohan
06-30-2017, 02:07 PM
I just remember him playing quite dirty but it could be my shitty memory. what's his play like? can he wingback or only a full right back.
a RW forced to play RB with Whitecaps and he got ripped apart. Might make a serviceable wingback. He's better as RW

Canary10
06-30-2017, 02:20 PM
Anyone have any idea what the recovery time on something like this is?

General Woolfe
06-30-2017, 02:43 PM
Best wishes to Beta for a full and speedy recovery

Section_105
06-30-2017, 03:45 PM
a RW forced to play RB with Whitecaps and he got ripped apart. Might make a serviceable wingback. He's better as RW

good stuff. Thanks.

69Chevy396
06-30-2017, 03:58 PM
Very difficult to predict recovery time without knowing the extent of his pancreatic injuries. He could be fine in a month, or, it could take more than a year to ensure the organ is working properly. Or, he may never play again.This is not the same as a torn muscle or busted bone. He needs the pancreas to survive. If it fails, he could be in deep trouble (he is lucky he was treated so quickly, but continuing to play may have worsened the injury, if it was bleeding for eg.). Odd that MLSE has been so quiet about this.

Shakes McQueen
06-30-2017, 04:14 PM
"In stable condition" doesn't sound great.

Don't quote me on this, but I believe "in stable condition" is just medical parlance - it doesn't necessarily speak to seriousness or anything.

Still can't believe Montreal got away with that "tackle".

Section_105
06-30-2017, 04:23 PM

really depends but with the pancreas often times you need to get nutrition intravenously for a couple of weeks and keep the proteins low. not sure exactly what went wrong here but the time lines can go from a quarter to a full year and possibly be career ending. His tweets seem to be optimistic though so I'm holding out hope it's the low side of the recovery spectrum.

GerMc
06-30-2017, 04:31 PM
Hey, is there anything that we can do for Beita? He took one for the team, literally, and it sounds like he is still in the hospital. It would be nice to show our appreciation in some way. I am happy to coordinate, if that would be helpful, and if there is something that makes sense.

Auzzy
07-01-2017, 12:01 AM
This is the kind of situation where I wish we could get a player on loan, it they feel they need more cover at Beitashour's position. I wouldn't want Beita forced out by some new signing when he comes back from injury.

Although from Vanney's interview with John Molinaro, it sounds like they will make do with what they got.
http://www.sportsnet.ca/soccer/steven-beitashour-tfc-toronto-fc-mls-major-league-soccer-greg-vanney-fc-dallas/

Initial B
07-01-2017, 07:02 AM
I hope Beita gets better soon. I've seen rough plays like that in lower levels of soccer, but not an injury like that. It seems like a bit of a freak injury to me.

ronzilla
07-01-2017, 08:41 AM
Terrible hit. Hope Beitashour makes a speedy recover. We need him.

https://media.giphy.com/media/3og0ISdwcSbynidWtW/giphy.gif

shwade
07-01-2017, 09:50 AM
Terrible hit. Hope Beitashour makes a speedy recover. We need him.

https://media.giphy.com/media/3og0ISdwcSbynidWtW/giphy.gif

What the fucking shit was that?!?!? How is the CSA not reviewing this? That fucking goon just went straight for Beita. Even in the NHL he'd be suspended like heck for that. I hope our guys have his name written down.

eustacchio
07-01-2017, 10:30 AM
Didn't even fucking try for the fucking ball - piece of shit.

130hp
07-01-2017, 11:21 AM
Hey, is there anything that we can do for Beita? He took one for the team, literally, and it sounds like he is still in the hospital. It would be nice to show our appreciation in some way. I am happy to coordinate, if that would be helpful, and if there is something that makes sense.

I would be happy to contribute.

PizzaEatingYeti
07-01-2017, 02:36 PM
What the fucking shit was that?!?!? How is the CSA not reviewing this? That fucking goon just went straight for Beita. Even in the NHL he'd be suspended like heck for that. I hope our guys have his name written down.

Any time when this piece of shit of human filth called Fisher will be playing in Toronto in his career, even 8 years from now, all fans should jeer the shit out of him any time he touches the ball.

eustacchio
07-01-2017, 03:39 PM
I hope Fisher shits himself right now wherever he is.

Redcoe15
07-01-2017, 04:48 PM
Fisher played like a thug the entire game. What he did to Beitashour puts him lower than shit IMHO. No mercy for this POS!

nonc
07-01-2017, 08:48 PM
Hopefully Beta recovers smoothly.

I second Fraser Aird.

Fort York Redcoat
07-02-2017, 10:51 AM

Shrug. I wouldn't hate it.

Hamilton_Red
07-03-2017, 12:23 AM
He is with Rangers...and watching during his loan to Vancouver last year...is pish. If we want an SPL player...go for Emilio Izziguire - he was interested last season.

Fort York Redcoat
07-03-2017, 10:05 AM
He is with Rangers...and watching during his loan to Vancouver last year...is pish. If we want an SPL player...go for Emilio Izziguire - he was interested last season.

Rangers-Vancouver-Falkirk-Unattached.

jloome
07-03-2017, 10:32 AM
Rangers-Vancouver-Falkirk-Unattached.

That's because he thought he would get an SPL ride this fall; he played brilliantly for Canada against Scotland when played higher up the wing.

He's not a good defense-first fullback, but he looks a dangerous wingback. I'd be in favor, for this system.

ag futbol
07-03-2017, 10:46 AM
I dunno. Looked woefully in over his head when playing in Vancouver. We do drop our wide players back frequently so it's not just an attack minded gig.

He would be cheap, so I guess there is that...

samuraizero
07-04-2017, 09:16 AM
His tweets seem to be optimistic though.

Whats his twitter handle? Everything points to Sbeitashour - but it doesnt exist anymore.
Edit: Think I found it - Sbeita33
Second Edit: Maybe not? No new tweets in ages.

Also, interview posted July 3rd claims he's still in hospital.

http://www.standard-freeholder.com/2017/07/02/reds-now-chasing-red-hot-fire-in-mls-standings

Section_105
07-04-2017, 10:03 AM
Whats his twitter handle? Everything points to Sbeitashour - but it doesnt exist anymore.
Edit: Think I found it - Sbeita33
Second Edit: Maybe not? No new tweets in ages.

Also, interview posted July 3rd claims he's still in hospital.

http://www.standard-freeholder.com/2017/07/02/reds-now-chasing-red-hot-fire-in-mls-standings

click on Tweets and Replies. He responded to Wheeler and Murphy

notthesun
07-04-2017, 03:58 PM
Beitashour is still recovering in the hospital. This is not looking good. Fuck Fisher.

UpTheReds
07-04-2017, 04:10 PM
He started eating solid foods which is good. Looks as though he should be discharged in the next couple days.

Section_105
07-05-2017, 08:33 AM
Beitashour is still recovering in the hospital. This is not looking good. Fuck Fisher.

Absolutely. Fuck Fisher the dirty prick.

But still being in hospital is normal with Pancreas surgery. The stomach shuts down for a time afterwards and he won't be released until he can eat and process foods again. Would have been on intravenous feed since the procedure.

UpTheReds says he is starting solids again which is fantastic and points to there being less damage then there could have been. (fingers crossed as we really know nothing yet and just guessing).

Richard
07-05-2017, 05:52 PM
How is there not any sort disciplinary action after the fact? The CSA is a joke.

We better be sending some bone crunching tackles his way next game.

Section_105
07-06-2017, 08:57 AM
Beita released from hospital last night,

http://www.tsn.ca/toronto-fc-s-beitashour-released-from-hospital-1.797551

That is really encouraging that it was that fast.

samuraizero
07-06-2017, 09:11 AM
Beita released from hospital last night,

http://www.tsn.ca/toronto-fc-s-beitashour-released-from-hospital-1.797551

That is really encouraging that it was that fast.

Ahh, good. I'm sure he's very happy to be home finally.
Don't think we'll see him on field for some time though

Section_105
07-06-2017, 09:50 AM
Ahh, good. I'm sure he's very happy to be home finally.
Don't think we'll see him on field for some time though

for sure. let that type of thing fully heal up. I'm sure the team and the hospital docs will make sure he's fully fit before playing again. Didn't realize what a serious problem pancreas injuries can be before I started researching it. If it doesn't heal right his career could be over to ensure that his life isn't.

samuraizero
07-18-2017, 11:16 AM
Another small update, with a bit of an interview with beitashour a week ago.
http://www.thestar.com/sports/soccer/2017/07/13/tfcs-steven-beitashour-recalls-anxious-drive-to-hospital-after-injuring-pancreas.html

Still had tubes in him at time of this interview.

BenRhodes23
07-18-2017, 05:36 PM
I would be happy to contribute.

How about banners or something at the game on Saturday vs the Rapids?

ManUtd4ever
07-18-2017, 07:26 PM
Encouraging news. Maybe with some luck he could return before the post season.

dupont
07-19-2017, 08:21 AM
What a guy! Finished the game in great form even with such a serious injury. TFC really needs him back!

samuraizero
08-08-2017, 11:25 PM
https://www.wakingthered.com/toronto-fc/2017/8/8/16116008/steven-beitashour-injury-news-two-weeks-away-toronto-fc-return-mls

OgtheDim
08-11-2017, 12:06 PM
https://twitter.com/JohnMolinaro/status/896050031429419008

AlanO
08-11-2017, 04:30 PM
Amazing recovery considering the nature of his injury. Go Steven!

samuraizero
08-17-2017, 11:25 AM
https://www.torontofc.ca/post/2017/08/17/steven-beitashour-speaks-about-his-injury?autoplay=true