PDA

View Full Version : TFC Season comparison

Steve
06-27-2017, 07:14 AM
I posted a few of these last year, but thought I'd post again because of our crazy season. As you can see below, green is the current season, and we've distanced ourselves pretty well from everything else. Some interesting observations:

-We have already either tied or beat 6 out of our last 10 FULL seasons. So if we lose every game from now until the end of the season, we will still be top 50% of our seasons in terms of points gained.
- We would have to lose 6 in a row to "catch up" to our point total last year (our second best total ever at that time in the season)
- we are 9 points up from our second best season after 17 games, and 25 points up from our worst season after 17 games

Anyway, enjoy

http://i.imgur.com/t3dPVdx.png

kodiakTFC
06-27-2017, 07:27 AM
We're also on pace to have the best season in MLS history. I believe LA Galaxy once obtained 68 points. We're on pace for 70.

Fort York Redcoat
06-27-2017, 07:27 AM
Fun. Thanks. :scarf:

fergiejr
06-27-2017, 08:16 AM
Ugh. 2012. Looks even worse on this graph than it did in real life.

Fort York Redcoat
06-27-2017, 08:57 AM
We're also on pace to have the best season in MLS history. I believe LA Galaxy once obtained 68 points. We're on pace for 70.

Damn. They did that under the present Canada coach Zambrano. huh.

Canary10
06-27-2017, 09:04 AM

Are you sure? It was pretty bad in real life.

fergiejr
06-27-2017, 09:08 AM
Are you sure? It was pretty bad in real life.

Yeah ... come to think of it, you're right...

Canary10
06-27-2017, 09:14 AM
Yeah ... come to think of it, you're right...

I remember the match against the Union where we finally broke the losing streak....I was feeling nauseous all day. Went to the game anyway. Was feeling more and more nauseous as the game wore on (not surprisingly). Finally, I had to run to bathroom and puke. Just as as I was over the toilet, Danny K scored the winning goal. I could hear the crowd, but didn't even get to see that goal.

ronzilla
06-27-2017, 09:18 AM
Looking back at the days when the tv set was shut off after 40-50 minutes.

Initial B
06-27-2017, 09:24 AM
Yeah, back then you knew that if the other team scored the first goal, the game was over. So much better now - if the other team scores first, I just wait for TFC to get it back again. :)

kodiakTFC
06-27-2017, 09:50 AM
Damn. They did that under the present Canada coach Zambrano. huh.

Different league in those days.

Fort York Redcoat
06-27-2017, 11:17 AM
Different league in those days.

Absolutely, but those records stick. Hope we are added to some more soon.

...Like positive records I mean.:)

Carefree
06-27-2017, 11:29 AM
Wow! That dark blue line at the bottom, looks like something the "worst team in the world" would do.

molenshtain
06-27-2017, 01:06 PM

Oh come on. Weideman in the rain against the Krew and Dunfield at the death the SHitecaps are some of my greatest memories from that period.

Mariner era football never gets enough credit for how bonkers and, occasionally, fun it was.

Captain
06-27-2017, 01:18 PM
Oh come on. Weideman in the rain against the Krew and Dunfield at the death the SHitecaps are some of my greatest memories from that period.

Mariner era football never gets enough credit for how bonkers and, occasionally, fun it was.

I have to agree. Even with how bad 2012 was, there were some memorable games for sure. I was sitting in 126 in the pouring rain when Weideman ran over to us celebrating that goal. It's a moment I will always remember.

fergiejr
06-27-2017, 01:35 PM

I have to agree. Even with how bad 2012 was, there were some memorable games for sure. I was sitting in 126 in the pouring rain when Weideman ran over to us celebrating that goal. It's a moment I will always remember.

Valid points the both, but you can't forget the incredible 9 game losing streak at the beginning of the season. Partying after Weid's goal in the rain - I was the only guy in my row running up and down like a fool - will always be a fond memory.

Lennon
06-27-2017, 01:50 PM
Looking back at the days when the tv set was shut off after 40-50 minutes.

Don't know what you're talking about.

Captain
06-27-2017, 03:03 PM
Don't know what you're talking about.

I don't remember turning off a game but I do remember looking up and everyone else had cleared the room because they didn't want to be near me at the end of a game!

molenshtain
06-27-2017, 03:11 PM
Valid points the both, but you can't forget the incredible 9 game losing streak at the beginning of the season. Partying after Weid's goal in the rain - I was the only guy in my row running up and down like a fool - will always be a fond memory.

yeah, and we did end that season on a 9 match (At least IIRC) streak without winning. But still! we had the greatest finisher of the modern era on our team! and Eric Hassli!

Initial B
06-27-2017, 09:46 PM
My best memory from that year was going to Montreal for the first time and seeing TFC win 3-0 on goals from Frings and Koevermans.

Blindside16
06-28-2017, 11:38 AM
yeah, and we did end that season on a 9 match (At least IIRC) streak without winning. But still! we had the greatest finisher of the modern era on our team! and Eric Hassli!

Eric Hassli.... I had all but forgotten that name. Came in with a whirlwind and left just as quick. Was it him that left because his wife hated the city?

molenshtain
06-28-2017, 11:43 AM
Eric Hassli.... I had all but forgotten that name. Came in with a whirlwind and left just as quick. Was it him that left because his wife hated the city?

That's a convenient excuse. I think he left cuz he was shit.

TheGoodson
06-28-2017, 11:50 AM
My wife hated the crappy years... She told me I was miserable after 90% of the games and she wondered why I would put myself through it...

After last night's game I told her this is why I suffered for so long. As nights like yesterday make up all for all of the shit we as fans have had to put up with

Blindside16
06-28-2017, 11:58 AM
That's a convenient excuse. I think he left cuz he was shit.

Touche... The only thing I can remember him doing right was chewing out a linesman right in front of me.

Fort York Redcoat
06-28-2017, 12:07 PM

Yep but not OUR city THE city. Any city. Better ranches in Texas so...

I didn't hate him. He didn't do much for us but he wanted to. With a longer stay he may have but better for all he left for Dallas.

Still in Texas in San Antonio who are dissolved want to be in MLS.

molenshtain
06-28-2017, 12:10 PM
Yep but not OUR city THE city. Any city. Better ranches in Texas so...

I didn't hate him. He didn't do much for us but he wanted to. With a longer stay he may have but better for all he left for Dallas.

Still in Texas with San Antonio who want to be in MLS.

Interesting that he's still there. I imagine Texas suits him well.

San Antonio has a really weird habit of picking up our forgotten players from that era. Think it's 6 or 7 they've had.

Fort York Redcoat
06-28-2017, 12:17 PM
Interesting that he's still there. I imagine Texas suits him well.

San Antonio has a really weird habit of picking up our forgotten players from that era. Think it's 6 or 7 they've had.

Ok this is a major derail but I'm on a roll here

Julius James
Adrian Cann
Nana
Hassli and
Joseph Nane

On the final San Antonio roster alone.

Bright Dike on a loan

2012 inaugural season had

Matt Gold and
Kevin Harmse

molenshtain
06-28-2017, 12:24 PM
Ok this is a major derail but I'm on a roll here

Julius James
Adrian Cann
Nana
Hassli and
Joseph Nane

On the final San Antonio roster alone.

Bright Dike on a loan

Pat Phelan and Julius james were there for a while too. We're probably missing a couple even still.