PDA

View Full Version : Match Day Voyaguers Final First Leg - TFC@Montreal Wed June 21st 7:30pm - Bid Me Run

OgtheDim
06-18-2017, 06:11 AM
Bid me run, and I will strive with things impossible.

Have At It People

molenshtain
06-18-2017, 06:26 AM
Bradley to play at least one leg now that he's not playing on friday? The fan in me says play him. The intelligent side of me says we've got guys who can do the job without him, at least away from home.

Anyway. Canadian cup matches are always full of excitement. We seem to always get our brawling out with the Impact during these games as opposed to our league encounters. I expect multiple dust ups and plenty of goals.

Fort York Redcoat
06-18-2017, 10:46 AM
Bradley to play at least one leg now that he's not playing on friday? The fan in me says play him. The intelligent side of me says we've got guys who can do the job without him, at least away from home.

Anyway. Canadian cup matches are always full of excitement. We seem to always get our brawling out with the Impact during these games as opposed to our league encounters. I expect multiple dust ups and plenty of goals.

Um YES. If he's fit I want him to play both legs now that he has a break in the Supporters Shield Race match Friday!:canada:

paul-collins
06-18-2017, 02:06 PM
If he's fit I want him to play both legs now that he has a break in the Supporters Shield Race match Friday!:canada:
QFT

Also, it almost feels a bit like a lucky break, as now the in-Montreal game won't be a total B squad even with the required 100% rotation after 2 days.

Oldtimer
06-18-2017, 11:53 PM
Absolutely play the General. The guy is incredibly fit, he says he's not tired, he's getting an involuntary MLS break, and he'll make a huge difference in the midfield.

Montréal is going to go for a win, but if we can get an away goal and keep the score close, we can finish the job at BMO Field.

ronzilla
06-19-2017, 06:21 AM
There's no need to keep Mikey on for the entire 90 minutes. Fatigued players are more prone to injury. Sub him off after 60 minutes, he could probably use the rest.

Fort York Redcoat
06-19-2017, 08:02 AM
There's no need to keep Mikey on for the entire 90 minutes. Fatigued players are more prone to injury. Sub him off after 60 minutes, he could probably use the rest.

Alright, you tell him to sit, kay? g:D

i don't want him hurt either but I hope the match is in hand by then or he'll be fuuuumin.

Auzzy
06-19-2017, 10:10 AM

Since Bradley is banned for the Friday game vs. NE, there's no way he will sit a minute in Montreal. Unless we're up by about 3 goals with 10 minutes left.

Fort York Redcoat
06-19-2017, 10:12 AM
Since Bradley is banned for the Friday game vs. NE, there's no way he will sit a minute in Montreal. Unless we're up by about 3 goals with 10 minutes left.

So when we're up by 3. Got it. He'll be mad if it's too early...:scarf:

DAMN I'm looking forward to this match!

Initial B
06-19-2017, 11:16 AM
So if were up by 3. Got it. He'll be mad if it's too early.
Fixed. Sorry, just triggered my TFCPTSD.

OgtheDim
06-19-2017, 07:02 PM
Bologna's B team tried out a 5-3-2 this weekend - didn't work so hot. We will see if they return to that.

molenshtain
06-19-2017, 08:00 PM
Funny how Ciman has gone from most feared CB in the league to being considered a possible liability for the Impact. For a team that plays such an 'absorb and counter' style they really have a shit backline.

PawTar711
06-19-2017, 10:42 PM
do you guys know if Giovincco (spelling), altidore, or bradley will be playing? Please and thank you.

PawTar711
06-19-2017, 10:44 PM
I hope they dont start them, we need them for an important upcoming match against New England, in a game where we need to rematch them at home, but I still think that winning these games for Canada are very important.

Tunnelred
06-19-2017, 11:06 PM
do you guys know if Giovincco (spelling), altidore, or bradley will be playing? Please and thank you.

Bradley is suspended for fridays game, so I expect he will play. I dont think we will see Seba or Jozy on Wednesday.

Joe Kool
06-20-2017, 09:10 AM
Here is an excellent primer video to watch before we get into this two leg series. Psyched for this series to get going!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KK39iwF6phs

SirBobSaget
06-20-2017, 01:52 PM
The midfield and forwards positions are actually deep and well rotated, the real challenge is the back 3 where there are only 4 healthy.

Will be interesting to see how Vanney approaches the lineups.
Defense vs Montreal - Play the Starting Defense with Morrow and Beitashour
Offensive vs NE - Rotate in any extra defenders which is pretty much only Hernandez .. maybe also a TFC2 defender

Is Morgan finally healthy?

Captain
06-20-2017, 02:29 PM
Here is an excellent primer video to watch before we get into this two leg series. Psyched for this series to get going!!

Goosebumps! What a night! I'll never forget it.

Captain
06-20-2017, 02:44 PM
The midfield and forwards positions are actually deep and well rotated, the real challenge is the back 3 where there are only 4 healthy.

Will be interesting to see how Vanney approaches the lineups.
Defense vs Montreal - Play the Starting Defense with Morrow and Beitashour
Offensive vs NE - Rotate in any extra defenders which is pretty much only Hernandez .. maybe also a TFC2 defender

Is Morgan finally healthy?

I agree, injuries have left us a little thin at defense. I really want to see all our starters for the Montreal game. We can't play any TFC2 defenders in the NE game but we can in the Montreal game. It may be that we see Tainter again in the Montreal game but I would prefer not. I can see Hernandez and Morgan playing the NE game.

I expect Oso, Hamilton, Chapman and Edwards will all get the start in Montreal.

Since Bradley will play the Montreal game I would expect Vasquez on the bench. Jozy, Seba and Vasquez can't start both games. I expect they will each start a game and come off the bench for the other if needed.

It will be very interesting to see how Vanney manages everyone's minutes.

michaeltfc91
06-20-2017, 02:53 PM
I agree, injuries have left us a little thin at defense. I really want to see all our starters for the Montreal game. We can't play any TFC2 defenders in the NE game but we can in the Montreal game. It may be that we see Tainter again in the Montreal game but I would prefer not. I can see Hernandez and Morgan playing the NE game.

I expect Oso, Hamilton, Chapman and Edwards will all get the start in Montreal.

Since Bradley will play the Montreal game I would expect Vasquez on the bench. Jozy, Seba and Vasquez can't start both games. I expect they will each start a game and come off the bench for the other if needed.

It will be very interesting to see how Vanney manages everyone's minutes.

I was bored at work, so I thought I would do Vanney's work for him. Here is the lineup I would start Wednesday vs. MTL and then Friday vs. New England…. An entire different starting XI in both games and you could field two decently competitive team.

Irwin

Mavinga Moor Morrow

Endoh Bradley Chapman Edwards

Osorio

Giovinco Hamilton

Bono

Beitashour Hernandez Zavaleta Morgan

Cooper Cheyrou Delgado

Vasquez

Altidore Ricketts

Captain
06-20-2017, 03:03 PM
I was bored at work, so I thought I would do Vanney's work for him. Here is the lineup I would start Wednesday vs. MTL and then Friday vs. New England…. An entire different starting XI in both games and you could field two decently competitive team.

Irwin

Mavinga Moor Morrow

Osorio

Giovinco Hamilton

Bono

Cooper Cheyrou Delgado

Vasquez

Altidore Ricketts

I completely agree with your line ups. I just worry about Endoh playing right back and will Ricketts be ready to go?

ronzilla
06-20-2017, 04:04 PM
I'm not sure if Ricketts is available, I would still prefer to see Hamilton start and bring Jozy on in the 60th minute (if needed).

Red CB Toronto
06-20-2017, 05:28 PM
I fully expect to see a callup or two from TFC2 for tomorrow night. Now Mitch Taintor left a lot to be desired against Ottawa, but there some talent, will be curious to see who Greg may call?

OgtheDim
06-20-2017, 06:21 PM
This might sound counter intuitive, but I suspect its Vasquez for this game and Chapman for NER.

The way TFC is treating the Voyageurs, the Dallas game means nothing to them. It will be the best squad including 3 Canadians in both these games. Seba starts both and possibly Ricketts for the return leg.

Hamilton_Red
06-20-2017, 07:35 PM
hmm if we play the kids for both legs the accountants will be happy. If we win this Cup then do we play the 2016 winners vs the 2017 winner in the playoff? If we lose then there will be two extra games.

MightyDM
06-20-2017, 09:42 PM

Irwin

Mavinga Moor Morrow

Osorio

Giovinco Hamilton

Bono

Cooper Cheyrou Delgado

Vasquez

Altidore Ricketts

good stuff. Cheyrou Vasquez doesn't work though, we saw that last time vs New England.

DinamoTFC
06-20-2017, 10:49 PM

This was beautiful. Thanks for finding it and sharing

backbeat
06-20-2017, 10:56 PM
The Montreal game IS important - well at least to me:

Play to win, period - and from that outcome play to win with the best physical and mental 11 thereafter for NER saturday

----------------------Irwin-----------------------------

----------Zavaleta--Moor--Mavinga------------------

Beitashour-- Bradley--Chapman--Vasquez--Edwards

-----------------Giovinco----Hamilton

DinamoTFC
06-20-2017, 10:59 PM
I think tfc is going at this mtl game with strong lineup and putting in a different one vs new england. my predictions:

Line up for mtl(3 Canadian players needed):
-------------irwin-----------
Zava----------moor---------mavinga
Beita-------bradley---osorio--------Edwards
----------------vazquez--------------
Altidore-------------hamilton
(Seba in 2nd half if needed; altidore to start because mtl plays dirty and tough and seba gets beat up a lot and double marked; altidore with the big body to play tough back, contribute defensively and win aerial balls)

Line up for new england:
----------------bono--------------
Zava-------hernandez-----mavinga
Cooper-----cheyrou----------morrow
------------delgado-----chapman-------
------------seba---------ricketts------

SirBobSaget
06-20-2017, 11:51 PM
Thinking about this, Vanney will leave his key players at home Giovinco, Altidore, Vazquez, Moor, Cheyrou. Even Bono left behind for Pais to backup. Set the team up to defend and counterattack with quick attackers. Keep the score in check then finish the job at home with a more reasonable break. 2 days is crazy.

khso11
06-21-2017, 02:39 AM
Savage!

https://twitter.com/TFC_GroundsDept/status/877199933601976320

ChrisFizik
06-21-2017, 09:18 AM
^good times

Will be a Joe's - who's in?

Graeme
06-21-2017, 09:21 AM
I think league still takes priority for Vanney and since there's more of a break between Friday and next week's game, I think we'll see this tonight (Edwards isn't suspended?). Do we know who travelled yet?

Irwin
TFCII--Hernandez--Morrow?
Endoh--Cooper--Bradley--Chapman--Edwards
Hamilton-- Spencer (Ricketts, if healthy)

(With Osorio starting on Friday and Delgado shifting to Bradley's position, otherwise same line up on Friday as last Saturday. Then a stronger line up on Tuesday than today)

C.Ronaldo
06-21-2017, 09:45 AM
Thinking about this, Vanney will leave his key players at home Giovinco, Altidore, Vazquez, Moor, Cheyrou. Even Bono left behind for Pais to backup. Set the team up to defend and counterattack with quick attackers. Keep the score in check then finish the job at home with a more reasonable break. 2 days is crazy.

why leave cheyrou home? is bradley missing the next league game?

Areathrasher
06-21-2017, 09:51 AM

Giovinco traveled.

Red CB Toronto
06-21-2017, 10:08 AM

Yes, The General is missing the Friday night match vs The Revs due to yellow card accumulation.

Red CB Toronto
06-21-2017, 10:09 AM
Everyone in Toronto tonight have a great time at Joe's !!!

^good times

Will be a Joe's - who's in?

TFC Tifoso
06-21-2017, 10:45 AM
Larson's projected from today's Sun.....

-------------------------Irwin----------------------------
-------Zavaleta--------Moor----------Mavinga---------
-Beitashour-----------------------------------Edwards-
-----------------------Bradley---------------------------
-----------Cooper------------------Osorio--------------
-----Giovinco-----------------------------Hamilton-----

C.Ronaldo
06-21-2017, 12:28 PM
Larson's projected from today's Sun.....

-------------------------Irwin----------------------------
-------Zavaleta--------Moor----------Mavinga---------
-Beitashour-----------------------------------Edwards-
-----------------------Bradley---------------------------
-----------Cooper------------------Osorio--------------
-----Giovinco-----------------------------Hamilton-----

i have faith in a that cdn linkage, these players play well together

ronzilla
06-21-2017, 12:49 PM
With Giovinco and Bradley starting, I'm confident of a win. It's just a question of how many goals.

SirBobSaget
06-21-2017, 02:36 PM

Yes Bradley is suspended for the Friday game due to yellow card accumulation

notthesun
06-21-2017, 05:49 PM
Strong lineups on both sides

https://twitter.com/torontofc/status/877654868885880833

https://twitter.com/impactmontreal/status/877654989874880512

OgtheDim
06-21-2017, 06:23 PM
A good stream will be hard to come by, I suspect.

BeachTory
06-21-2017, 06:27 PM
looking for stream. will post if i find one

ronzilla
06-21-2017, 06:34 PM
http://streamhunter.top/soccer/montreal-impact-vs-toronto-fc-sht473aa27?l=1676505330

http://firstrows.xyz/soccer/xft-montreal-impact-vs-toronto-fc-fyz3864c8?l=1676505330

(http://firstrows.xyz/soccer/xft-montreal-impact-vs-toronto-fc-fyz3864c8?l=1676505330)http://www.stream2watch.ru/soccer/montreal-impact-vs-toronto-fc-s2108632

(http://www.stream2watch.ru/soccer/montreal-impact-vs-toronto-fc-s2108632)http://www.atdhe.cc/soccer/stream-52b2a2-montreal-impact-vs-toronto-fc?l=1676505330

http://wiziwig.ru/soccer/watch-1104242-montreal-impact-vs-toronto-fc?l=1676505330

GhostKiller
06-21-2017, 06:40 PM
Are these working for you guys? It's coming up blank for me.

BeachTory
06-21-2017, 06:45 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=afdCCIc6xNM

PizzaEatingYeti
06-21-2017, 06:46 PM

Thanks God, we're saved, lol...
None of the others worked so far for me.

PizzaEatingYeti
06-21-2017, 06:48 PM
How did you find this stream, what have you entered in the Youtube search bar?
I entered "Toronto FC live stream", and in 4 minutes over 5 pages nothing came up.

James17930
06-21-2017, 06:50 PM
How did you find this stream, what have you entered in the Youtube search bar?
I entered "Toronto FC live stream", and in 4 minutes over 5 pages nothing came up.

I couldn't find it either. But thankfully it's here!

But Vic Rauter :(

notthesun
06-21-2017, 06:53 PM
TSN couldn't put the A crew out for the final? Rauter is just... not good.

C.Ronaldo
06-21-2017, 07:04 PM
Coopers done like dinner?

Auzzy
06-21-2017, 07:06 PM
Without Vasquez, Giovinco and Cheyrou, I'm afraid it's going to be a long night. Someone will hopefully prove me wrong, but I think it will be hard for TFC to create much dangerous play going forward.

Also some risky giveaways in our defensive midfield area.

I guess checking a player straight through the back is legal tonight? OK good to know.

ronzilla
06-21-2017, 07:08 PM
Ah for fuck sakes

ag futbol
06-21-2017, 07:09 PM
Is it too much to ask for Vic Rauter to retire?

Auzzy
06-21-2017, 07:12 PM
Was that goal vs. TFC offside? Either that or the whole TFC defense fell asleep. Probably both.

ag futbol
Great play from Mavinga.

notthesun
Irwin... I've always had my doubts, man.

BenRhodes23
06-21-2017, 07:16 PM
3 things off the pitch that have bothered me already: That stupid bell, the "inappropriate women posters" similar to the ones that got Toronto fans in trouble last year, and the posters with swastikas and something in French about fascism... Not to mention that we've conceded now :(

tfcfans
06-21-2017, 07:19 PM
WooHoo!!

BenRhodes23
06-21-2017, 07:20 PM
1-1!! I felt a bit bad for the injured Lovitz though.

tfcfans
06-21-2017, 07:22 PM
This is going to get dirty....

Auzzy
06-21-2017, 07:22 PM
The love fest continues...

UpTheReds
06-21-2017, 07:23 PM
I'm never putting the ball out in the attacking third. If the referee deems it serious enough to blow the whistle then it's on him.

Auzzy
06-21-2017, 07:30 PM
Some amazing defensive work by Mavinga.

Edwards not looking good at all today.

MightyDM
06-21-2017, 07:33 PM
Was that goal vs. TFC offside? Either that or the whole TFC defense fell asleep. Probably both.

One guy (Ciman?) was offside but he didn't play it. That one is on Irwin, unfortunately.

InDa_110
06-21-2017, 07:33 PM
Did I have too much wine at dinner, or did I just see a banner mocking dichio with a clown wig on?

ag futbol
06-21-2017, 07:34 PM
Formation needs a tweak. The link between the mids and the forwards is lost.

Auzzy
06-21-2017, 07:35 PM
Did I have too much wine at dinner, or did I just see a banner mocking dichio with a clown wig on?

Yes they called him Dickio.

Auzzy
06-21-2017, 07:36 PM
One guy (Ciman?) was offside but he didn't play it. That one is on Irwin, unfortunately.

Yeah I know the guy obviously offside didn't play it. However I thought the goal scorer might have been off a bit as well. I didn't see a good replay in the proper angle though.

InDa_110
06-21-2017, 07:36 PM
Those Motherfuckers

MightyDM
06-21-2017, 07:37 PM

Not necessarily exclusive...

UpTheReds
06-21-2017, 07:37 PM
My word, Mavinga has turned his form around. What an important player he is for us.

MightyDM
06-21-2017, 07:38 PM
Yeah I know the guy obviously offside didn't play it. However I thought the goal scorer might have been off a bit as well. I didn't see a good replay in the proper angle though.

the angle wasn't perfect but I looked closely at the replay and I think he started his run just after the ball was hit. Tough to see though, agreed

Auzzy
06-21-2017, 07:39 PM
Formation needs a tweak. The link between the mids and the forwards is lost.

Yes indeed. And I think the back looks way too loosey goosey as well. Sometimes all of Bradley, Delgado and Mavinga have been forward too far at the same time. Meanwhile Moor looks a bit out of sorts tonight, compared with his usually composed self.

PizzaEatingYeti
06-21-2017, 07:45 PM
The goal is 100% on Irwin because of his shit clearance just in front of him...

ronzilla
06-21-2017, 07:47 PM
The montreal goal was legit. No offside. Mavinga was the only player that wasn't caught ball watching. Irwin had no chance.

Auzzy
06-21-2017, 07:50 PM
Is this YouTube stream going to switch back to our game in time?

ronzilla
06-21-2017, 07:55 PM
Are these working for you guys? It's coming up blank for me.

Thanks God, we're saved, lol...
None of the others worked so far for me.

I checked all the links and they work fine. If your getting a blank screen, you guys have some serious malware
installed on your PC.

Download Malwarebytes (its free) and run it.

Your welcome.

PizzaEatingYeti
06-21-2017, 07:59 PM
what a horrible pass from Osorio

MightyDM
06-21-2017, 07:59 PM
Not a fan of Altidore and Edwards up front together. Both have excellent moments but both can be dozy. I'd prefer a runner or a play developer up with one of them.

MightyDM
06-21-2017, 08:00 PM

Yes, but so was Bradley's earlier. He ( Osorio) has actually had a decent game today.

ag futbol
06-21-2017, 08:02 PM
Not all Irwin's fault, but he looks rusty.

Lol at that penalty.

ronzilla
LOL he misses.

ensco
ahahahaha

notthesun
06-21-2017, 08:03 PM
Irwin is having a shocker. Lucky that Piatti blew that.

PizzaEatingYeti
06-21-2017, 08:03 PM
Irwin was ready to cause the 2nd goal too...

Auzzy
06-21-2017, 08:04 PM

But at least he thought about it for a long time before he kicked the ball over the end line.

Fuck Irwin I can't believe you fell for that one. And Piatti fuck you times two, thank you very much!

PizzaEatingYeti
06-21-2017, 08:05 PM
WTF, Irwin could not hold secure even this ball
He's shaky like hell.

Auzzy
06-21-2017, 08:07 PM
Ok Vanney please switch up something please.

Yohan
06-21-2017, 08:07 PM
we have a Baggio sighting in Mtl...

OgtheDim
06-21-2017, 08:08 PM
Zavalta's positioning has been suspect much of the game. He's out of sync with Moor.

PizzaEatingYeti
06-21-2017, 08:08 PM
Yea, baby... SEBA time.
Maybe he'll do something today.
Just maybe...

ronzilla
06-21-2017, 08:09 PM
Now we're talking.

notthesun
Wow we're really going for it, Giovinco and Vazquez off the bench. Playing again in two days, I'm not sure how much I like this.

OgtheDim
Wow....throwing on the big guns.

MightyDM
06-21-2017, 08:10 PM
Wow. No one can say that we did not take this seriously.

Auzzy
06-21-2017, 08:10 PM
Seba & Vasquez that qualifies as a switch up... Vanney thanks for reading this forum & following my suggestions. :D

TFC still need to tighten up defensively though.

James17930
06-21-2017, 08:11 PM
Don't we need to have 3 Canadians on the field at all times?

flatpicker
06-21-2017, 08:12 PM
Don't we need to have 3 Canadians on the field at all times?

Starting the game.

OgtheDim
06-21-2017, 08:12 PM
Tabla on.....this could be interesting with his pace at our back line that has looked pretty static.

James17930
06-21-2017, 08:14 PM
Starting the game.

Oh, okay.

ensco
06-21-2017, 08:15 PM
I am pretty unhappy with the use of all the bullets in this game. It's not how I would do it.

OgtheDim
06-21-2017, 08:15 PM
TSN Montreal's director work is shit. Been focusing off the ball 3 times when something happened.

MightyDM
06-21-2017, 08:19 PM
I am pretty unhappy with the use of all the bullets in this game. It's not how I would do it.

Yes, very curious. Must know something about New England.

Auzzy
06-21-2017, 08:27 PM
Can somebody explain why Mavinga is often playing so far forward?

MightyDM
06-21-2017, 08:29 PM
Can somebody explain why Mavinga is often playing so far forward?

Lack of discipline by the player.

Auzzy
06-21-2017, 08:30 PM
Oh come on guys!!! How did they miss that!

MightyDM
06-21-2017, 08:31 PM
Giovinco just isn't himself.

MightyDM
06-21-2017, 08:36 PM
Giovinco just isn't himself.

But boy does he ever get fouled. Every time he touches the ball. Almost literally.

ag futbol
06-21-2017, 08:38 PM
How is there 2 minutes injury time? I mean wtf?

MightyDM
06-21-2017, 08:40 PM
What a ball by Giovinco! How did Altidore miss???!!!

Auzzy
06-21-2017, 08:40 PM
OMFG are you kidding me?!

James17930
06-21-2017, 08:41 PM
Not bad. Leaves us in a good spot for next week.

I wonder about Friday's game, though.

Davenport
Altidore......hee aww, hee aww, hee aww to have scored then.

tfcfans
1-1 on the road is a decent result in terms of the CC, I guess we will see what it does to the lineup for Friday and beyond.....

notthesun
Could've won it near the end but also could've easily lost, the game was too open for my liking. I'll take the draw.

Giovinco needs to find his form though. Feels like he's trying to do too much.

OgtheDim
06-21-2017, 08:42 PM
Wow...we had 3 golden opportunities in only 2 minutes of extra time.

That result was better then drawing nil nil or losing.

Its a lot like last November.

We have to win on Tuesday, plain and simple.

Should be another epic game.

Davenport
06-21-2017, 08:43 PM
Greg Sutton would be a decent commentator if he had a good command of the English language and he knew a bit about football. Without those 2 basic things he's awful.

Davenport
06-21-2017, 08:44 PM
Vasquez has overtaken Giovinco as our best player.

69Chevy396
06-21-2017, 08:49 PM
Yea, baby... SEBA time.
Maybe he'll do something today.
Just maybe...
Sadly, Seba's worst effort since arriving here

OgtheDim
06-21-2017, 08:51 PM
Vasquez has overtaken Giovinco as our best player.

He gets himself into great positions and his passing has been excellent - but Seba's touch is off as is his shooting. I think Altidore and Bradley are ahead of Vasquez right now though.

As for TSN, had to turn off the sound after 20 minutes. TSN has its stock stuff it talks about rather then the game for the first 35 minutes of the first half. And Rauter is getting into self parody territory.

notthesun
06-21-2017, 08:55 PM
Mavinga is one of the best slide tacklers I've ever seen, by the way.

Oldtimer
06-21-2017, 08:56 PM
Surprised to see Vanney pull out the big guns. You can't say he doesn't take this seriously. A 0-0 will see TFC through next game, or one win in up to two bome games.

Now I'm really wondering what Vanney will do in 2 days. At least we know Bradley won't be playing.

Davenport
06-21-2017, 08:58 PM
He gets himself into great positions and his passing has been excellent - but Seba's touch is off as is his shooting. I think Altidore and Bradley are ahead of Vasquez right now though.

As for TSN, had to turn off the sound after 20 minutes. TSN has its stock stuff it talks about rather then the game for the first 35 minutes of the first half. And Rauter is getting into self parody territory.

Rauter should have been put out to pasture many years ago and as for bloody Sutton...give me strength. BTW Vasquez is a far superior footballer than Altidore.

Davenport
06-21-2017, 09:00 PM
Mavinga is one of the best slide tacklers I've ever seen, by the way.

He's a very quick, intelligent defender in MLS.

ronzilla
06-21-2017, 09:01 PM
Disappointed with Vanneys selection and subs. Now we have Bradley and Jozy who are burnt to the ground with a big game in less than 48 hours. Giovinco and Hamilton should have started, and Jozy as the sub. Also, why the F did he wait till the 65th minute to bring on Seba?

backbeat
06-21-2017, 09:08 PM
Disappointed with Vanneys selection and subs. Now we have Bradley and Jozy who are burnt to the ground with a big game in less than 48 hours. Giovinco and Hamilton should have started, and Jozy as the sub. Also, why the F did he wait till the 65th minute to bring on Seba?

Bradley sits next game on yellows - i thought Vanney man managed this game beautifully - Jozy's ok and Seba and Victor had some minutes but are prime for saturday

ronzilla
06-21-2017, 09:13 PM
Bradley sits next game on yellows - i thought Vanney man managed this game beautifully - Jozy's ok and Seba and Victor had some minutes but are prime for saturday

Yeah I know Bradley is out next game, but the better option would be Hamilton/Seba starting. Now Jozy is completely gassed.

MightyDM
06-21-2017, 09:16 PM
Surprised to see Vanney pull out the big guns. You can't say he doesn't take this seriously. A 0-0 will see TFC through next game, or one win in up to two bome games.

Now I'm really wondering what Vanney will do in 2 days. At least we know Bradley won't be playing.

i was very surprised to see Jozy stay on.

seba will start and I think Vasquez will too, but Cheyrou and Vasquez cannot play in the same game. So perhaps I am wrong and it is Zav - Hernandez - Mavinga
Beitashour - Cooper- Cheyrou- Osorio - Morrow
Giovinco- Hamilton

OgtheDim
06-21-2017, 09:19 PM
Ricketts is pencilled in to start on Tuesday from what I've heard. Moor is likely to be subbed out for Hernandez.

My concern for being gassed on Friday would be Delgado. If on we go with Vasquez & Cheyrou, anybody but Delgado as the 3rd midfielder and we got serious defensive issues handling their pace running the channels into the midfield.

mowe
06-21-2017, 09:22 PM
Disappointed with Vanneys selection and subs. Now we have Bradley and Jozy who are burnt to the ground with a big game in less than 48 hours.
The Voyageurs Cup is more important to me than one league game. I know Chicago is right on our heels but we have half the season still to go, plenty of time to make a run at the Shield. I support Vanney's decision to go all out against Montreal, too bad we didn't get the win but we're in a good position for the second leg.

GBV
06-21-2017, 09:26 PM
Rauter should have been put out to pasture many years ago and as for bloody Sutton...give me strength. BTW Vasquez is a far superior footballer than Altidore.

No Caldwell on broadcast = I leave the volume up.
Make the finallll .....

MightyDM
06-21-2017, 09:37 PM
Ricketts is pencilled in to start on Tuesday from what I've heard. Moor is likely to be subbed out for Hernandez.

My concern for being gassed on Friday would be Delgado. If on we go with Vasquez & Cheyrou, anybody but Delgado as the 3rd midfielder and we got serious defensive issues handling their pace running the channels into the midfield.

cheyrou and Vasquez cannot play together in midfield. We saw that away at New England.

The first line line up question has to be who replaces Bradley? If it is Cheyrou, as it likely should be, Vasquez can only be on the field as a ten with Giovinco as the nine. Something like Cooper Cheyrou Osorio as the three in midfield.

UpTheReds
06-21-2017, 10:24 PM
Ricketts will start Tuesday, biggest issue for us is Bradley being suspended and not having another player in the squad that can play that role and protect our back 3.

charlieocc
06-21-2017, 11:06 PM
Missed it and the game isn't on MLS live. Anybody know if I can watch the game somehow?

DinamoTFC
06-21-2017, 11:21 PM
Marco Donadel and Chris Duvall suspended due to yellow card accumulation for return leg at BMO field.

Blindside16
06-22-2017, 01:11 AM
Missed it and the game isn't on MLS live. Anybody know if I can watch the game somehow?

The youtube link posted earlier in the thread still has the full game up. For how long I don't know.

Auzzy
06-22-2017, 01:26 AM
I hope TFC really change their defensive organization for the return leg. At times it looked like our worst games vs Montreal in recent years.

Derko
06-22-2017, 05:54 AM
The whole team looked a bit out of sorts, and what is up with Edwards, he seemed a bit out to lunch, maybe just an off game.

OgtheDim
06-22-2017, 06:27 AM
cheyrou and Vasquez cannot play together in midfield. We saw that away at New England.

No, what we saw was Cheyrou and Vasquez and Osorio can't play together in the midfield. The third player is the key.

C.Ronaldo
06-22-2017, 09:42 AM
from Larson's article

They ignored Lovitz after the play, too. Not a single TFC player approached their former teammate to wish him well as he was stretchered off the pitch.

whats that about?

Derko
06-22-2017, 10:03 AM
from Larson's article

They ignored Lovitz after the play, too. Not a single TFC player approached their former teammate to wish him well as he was stretchered off the pitch.

whats that about?

Being selfish, which can be a good thing at times. I remember somewhere Alex Ferguson basically reading the riot act to the ManUtd players, never to kick the ball out if an opponent goes down, play to the ref's whistle, I guess that was the same sentiment. Maybe they wished him well after the game, why would you give any team, in particular Montreal in a cup game a break, that is what it's about. A bit harsh maybe, just the way it is.

charlieocc
06-22-2017, 10:07 AM
Just watching the game now, my god is Vic Rauter annoying in the booth. Also, "I think he's a really good player. Victor Vazkwes."

C.Ronaldo
06-22-2017, 10:23 AM
Being selfish, which can be a good thing at times. I remember somewhere Alex Ferguson basically reading the riot act to the ManUtd players, never to kick the ball out if an opponent goes down, play to the ref's whistle, I guess that was the same sentiment. Maybe they wished him well after the game, why would you give any team, in particular Montreal in a cup game a break, that is what it's about. A bit harsh maybe, just the way it is.

i agree not kicking the ball out, thats the refs call.

but after they scored? maybe they felt they need to stay in the zone during the game and then call him up after.

optics dont look good though, he was clearly in a ton of pain

Leedsoronto
06-22-2017, 11:36 AM
The whole team looked a bit out of sorts, and what is up with Edwards, he seemed a bit out to lunch, maybe just an off game.

He was bullied off the ball for most of the game. He needs to hit the gym off season and build some muscle.

However, he did assist with a nice header for our goal

C.Ronaldo
06-22-2017, 11:50 AM
He was bullied off the ball for most of the game. He needs to hit the gym off season and build some muscle.

However, he did assist with a nice header for our goal

didnt he hit the post aswell?

he needs to use lovitz's training method, that guy went from boy to man in 2 years

Initial B
06-22-2017, 12:13 PM
I'm wondering if Vanney is planning on matching NER's youth with our youth. Tomorrow I could see a lineup of:

-------------------Bono------------------
---Zavaleta----Hernandez---Morgan---
-----------------Cheyrou----------------
Edwards--Delgado--Chapman--Morrow
-------Giovinco---------Ricketts--------

Ben - D.O.W.
06-22-2017, 12:37 PM
Tomorrow I could see a lineup of:

I don't think I fully appreciated how ridiculous this schedule is until you used the word 'tomorrow' when it feels like the game just finished.

TFC1154ever
06-22-2017, 12:40 PM
I'm still confident that we win this tie but, could have put the tie almost to bed had we scored one of the 4 glorious chance in the dying minutes. You gotta think Montreal scores at least one in Toronto, which basically nullifies the away goal. Should be able to beat them them though. Montreal looked really shaky near the end of that game. Vasquez will tear them up if he plays a full game. Irwin looked fucken horrible last night btw. Gave them a men's league goal, and stupid plays all game. He always makes me a little nervous when he's in net if I'm being honest.

Derko
06-22-2017, 12:41 PM
i agree not kicking the ball out, thats the refs call.

but after they scored? maybe they felt they need to stay in the zone during the game and then call him up after.

optics dont look good though, he was clearly in a ton of pain

Agreed

OgtheDim
06-22-2017, 02:09 PM
:noidea:

Is there some sort of ruling not allowing players to go back down the pitch after retreating from scoring a goal.

i.e. Might have been seen to be inflamation.

C.Ronaldo
06-22-2017, 03:03 PM
I'm still confident that we win this tie but, could have put the tie almost to bed had we scored one of the 4 glorious chance in the dying minutes. You gotta think Montreal scores at least one in Toronto, which basically nullifies the away goal. Should be able to beat them them though. Montreal looked really shaky near the end of that game. Vasquez will tear them up if he plays a full game. Irwin looked fucken horrible last night btw. Gave them a men's league goal, and stupid plays all game. He always makes me a little nervous when he's in net if I'm being honest.

just a few months ago bono has much bigger mistakes.

he just needs games

TFC1154ever
06-22-2017, 04:13 PM
I agree he needs more games, but I was always a little worried last year when he was in net. A few of the goals he let in, especially in that Montreal series was poor. For the amount of money he makes now, I would see at the end of the season if we can trade him.

nonc
06-22-2017, 09:09 PM
Irwin has become a pub league goalie, just very slow, not executing fundamentals, bad decisions. He got bailed out. Even in Conference Championship remember that 3-0 stinker of a goal?

Can't wait for Hagglund to come back and replace Moor too.

OgtheDim
06-23-2017, 05:39 AM
Moor is by far our best defender. Hagglund is good on the left side but Moor calls the shots and moves people around far better. His positioning is maybe wrong once every 2 games, which in this league is unheard of.

MightyDM
06-23-2017, 08:31 AM
No, what we saw was Cheyrou and Vasquez and Osorio can't play together in the midfield. The third player is the key.

Harsh on Osorio. Because he wasn't the starter. It was Cooper Vasquez Cheyrou.

Oldtimer
06-23-2017, 08:39 AM
Irwin has become a pub league goalie, just very slow, not executing fundamentals, bad decisions. He got bailed out. Even in Conference Championship remember that 3-0 stinker of a goal?

Can't wait for Hagglund to come back and replace Moor too.

Very harsh assessments.

OgtheDim
06-23-2017, 09:03 AM
Harsh on Osorio. Because he wasn't the starter. It was Cooper Vasquez Cheyrou.

Ur right...too many damn games. Still think it would work with Delgado.

C.Ronaldo
06-23-2017, 09:55 AM
I agree he needs more games, but I was always a little worried last year when he was in net. A few of the goals he let in, especially in that Montreal series was poor. For the amount of money he makes now, I would see at the end of the season if we can trade him.

he is a much better passer than bono currently is, and in the past communicated well with the D.

Bono is almost there, but he still loves to hoof the ball or accidentaly kick it out of bounds

flamehawk
07-08-2017, 11:12 AM
Looks like the Montreal supporters ban was not related to the Fuck Toronto banner but to the Unsettling Canada 150 banner in support of indigenous communities: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1-OATMy-hmu_Y4NBlcew3LMlRAwe8_YZm3uEo_nMumIc/pub. We should really try to support the Front Commun Montreal. This reminds me of the time MLSE confiscated our refugees welcome banner, but thankfully rescinded the ban after media coverage two years ago.

Auzzy
07-09-2017, 06:24 AM
Looks like the Montreal supporters ban was not related to the Fuck Toronto banner but to the Unsettling Canada 150 banner in support of indigenous communities: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1-OATMy-hmu_Y4NBlcew3LMlRAwe8_YZm3uEo_nMumIc/pub. We should really try to support the Front Commun Montreal. This reminds me of the time MLSE confiscated our refugees welcome banner, but thankfully rescinded the ban after media coverage two years ago.

I agree it's problematic that (pretty mild) political messages are sometimes supported, other times punished by the league and/or clubs. The two things you mentioned ("Unsettling Canada 150" and "Refugees welcome") are good examples.

However I wouldn't go so far to say that the Montreal supporters ban was not also related to the Fuck Toronto banner. The FCM press release may purposely gloss over this a bit. They mention that "one of the banners not approved by the club" was the "Unsettling Canada" banner, but their statement doesn't mention the other banners that the club was not happy with. It's certain that the Fuck Toronto banner was one of the reasons for the punishment.

Personally I don't really care about that one either, but it was a large & prominent obscene banner. It was also impossible for the TV cameras to avoid as it was centred behind the goal. By the (however reasonable/unreasonable) rules of the leagues and clubs, it makes sense that this would be punished. FCM wants publicity/solidarity for the political message, when the obscene message was likely the bigger problem for the club. (I doubt the "Unsettling Canada" banner on its own would have brought such a strong reaction from the club, incl. a ban/sanctions for whole sections.)