PDA

View Full Version : Chicago away

jennicowdy
06-17-2017, 09:05 PM
Hi! Has anyone been to an away game at Chicago Fire? We're going in August and wondering if anyone has any info about which section buy tickets in, and whether there's a TFC pre-game plan and/or ways to travel to the ground together. Thanks

Prince116
06-19-2017, 02:18 PM
Hi! Has anyone been to an away game at Chicago Fire? We're going in August and wondering if anyone has any info about which section buy tickets in, and whether there's a TFC pre-game plan and/or ways to travel to the ground together. Thanks

Hey Jenni, I bought a pair in section 134 which is their away supporters section. My friend an I are going to the Jays-Cubs game at Wrigley at 1:20pm CST and going to take the "Pub-to-Pitch" bus from the Globe Pub to the Fire game, departing at 5pm. There's a closer bus that leaves AJ's at 4:30 but opting for more time at the Jays game if necessary. If you're not going to the baseball game there are lots of pickup pubs and drinking cans is allowed on the bus. You can buy bus tickets here: https://www.chicago-fire.com/matchday/pubtopitch

I'm in a small supporters group so not sure what the big-boys have planned in terms of pre-game meetups but it should be awesome! Anyone else here making the trip?

YYZ_Fan
06-20-2017, 10:23 AM
Hey Jenni, I bought a pair in section 134 which is their away supporters section. My friend an I are going to the Jays-Cubs game at Wrigley at 1:20pm CST and going to take the "Pub-to-Pitch" bus from the Globe Pub to the Fire game, departing at 5pm. There's a closer bus that leaves AJ's at 4:30 but opting for more time at the Jays game if necessary. If you're not going to the baseball game there are lots of pickup pubs and drinking cans is allowed on the bus. You can buy bus tickets here: https://www.chicago-fire.com/matchday/pubtopitch

I'm in a small supporters group so not sure what the big-boys have planned in terms of pre-game meetups but it should be awesome! Anyone else here making the trip?

Thanks for this info. Very good to know. Is it $15 USD roundtrip?

Prince116
06-20-2017, 11:13 AM
Thanks for this info. Very good to know. Is it $15 USD roundtrip?

Yep.

ChrisFizik
06-20-2017, 11:38 AM
You can shoot an email to our official awayteam@voiceinthestands.ca for more info and stay tuned for meetup/festivities details later

Members get organized together and ahold of all this info earlier, so think about joining in!

YYZ_Fan
06-21-2017, 02:43 PM
You can shoot an email to our official awayteam@voiceinthestands.ca for more info and stay tuned for meetup/festivities details later

Members get organized together and ahold of all this info earlier, so think about joining in!

"The link for tickets is on the RPB message boards." Any idea where i can find the link? or can you share?

Oldtimer
06-21-2017, 03:07 PM
"The link for tickets is on the RPB message boards." Any idea where i can find the link? or can you share?

It's in the members only section. You need to join our group to get the tickets. http://redpatchboys.ca/membership/

jennicowdy
06-28-2017, 07:31 AM
Just seen this! Thanks so much. We're going to Jays Cubs on Friday. Bound to be an amazin weekend. Trying to follow the emails below to see where most people will be getting together. Hope to see you there

Scotty74
07-10-2017, 02:25 PM
Hey Jenni, we're doing the exact same thing as you! Jays game on Fri afternoon then TFC on Saturday evening. There are about 9 of us travelling, we have tickets in the TFC section, 134. Does anyone know if 9 of us will be ok on a Chicago Fire supporters bus doing the pub to pitch thing? Would be good to all meet up in the same bar somewhere downtown before the game

YYZ_Fan
07-10-2017, 02:43 PM
Hey Jenni, we're doing the exact same thing as you! Jays game on Fri afternoon then TFC on Saturday evening. There are about 9 of us travelling, we have tickets in the TFC section, 134. Does anyone know if 9 of us will be ok on a Chicago Fire supporters bus doing the pub to pitch thing? Would be good to all meet up in the same bar somewhere downtown before the game

There are 3 breweries within 1 mile of the Globe Pub...if drinking is your thing. Great place to grab cans for the bus trip/tailgate...and post game of course!
https://patch.com/illinois/lincolnsquare/chicago-s-ravenswood-brewery-corridor-great-craft-beer-crawls-are-only-train

Scotty74
07-10-2017, 04:23 PM
There are 3 breweries within 1 mile of the Globe Pub...if drinking is your thing. Great place to grab cans for the bus trip/tailgate...and post game of course!
https://patch.com/illinois/lincolnsquare/chicago-s-ravenswood-brewery-corridor-great-craft-beer-crawls-are-only-train

great, thanks for the info YYZ, I'll check it out

Scotty74
07-20-2017, 01:03 PM
Spoke to the guy in the Fire ticket office I bought my tickets from and he said that the Fire are trying to organize supporter group buses from downtown to Toyota Park for TFC fans. Anyone here heard about this? I asked him to let me know if this goes ahead. I don't want to buy tickets for a Fire bus if I can go with other TFC fans

YYZ_Fan
07-20-2017, 01:08 PM
Spoke to the guy in the Fire ticket office I bought my tickets from and he said that the Fire are trying to organize supporter group buses from downtown to Toyota Park for TFC fans. Anyone here heard about this? I asked him to let me know if this goes ahead. I don't want to buy tickets for a Fire bus if I can go with other TFC fans

I haven't heard of this...but you can count me in for 4 spots if that is the case. That would be awesome. Do you have an email for the Fire ticket guy?

Scotty74
07-20-2017, 02:54 PM
I haven't heard of this...but you can count me in for 4 spots if that is the case. That would be awesome. Do you have an email for the Fire ticket guy?

His name is Louis and his email is lcaruso@chicago-fire.com

He organizes the visiting fans tickets

benito
07-20-2017, 03:49 PM
His name is Louis and his email is lcaruso@chicago-fire.com

He organizes the visiting fans tickets

He was very helpful and quickly responded to my request for 8 tickets. My group is planning to attend the Saturday afternoon baseball game and proceed to the evening soccer game. We would be interested in a bus too.

jennicowdy
07-24-2017, 01:53 PM

I'm so slow on this forum, sorry. Great news, we'd love to get together with other TFC fans for the game. I can see there's a few of you at least.

@ChrisFizic no one replied on the email address you suggested.

@YYZ_Fan & @Scotty74 - thanks for the info on tickets and buses, will email this guy now. Hopefully we can all get together for a few beers first.

jennicowdy
07-24-2017, 01:54 PM
He was very helpful and quickly responded to my request for 8 tickets. My group is planning to attend the Saturday afternoon baseball game and proceed to the evening soccer game. We would be interested in a bus too.

When I booked our tickets for Jays a few months ago, the Saturday was almost entirely sold out except some restricted view. Just FYI. I'm sure you could get them on StubHub etc.

YYZ_Fan
07-24-2017, 03:09 PM
I'm so slow on this forum, sorry. Great news, we'd love to get together with other TFC fans for the game. I can see there's a few of you at least.

@ChrisFizic no one replied on the email address you suggested.

@YYZ_Fan & @Scotty74 - thanks for the info on tickets and buses, will email this guy now. Hopefully we can all get together for a few beers first.

Interested in 4 bus tickets if you can get them. There are 39 seats left on the Fire bus from my most recent search.

jennicowdy
07-24-2017, 05:44 PM
Interested in 4 bus tickets if you can get them. There are 39 seats left on the Fire bus from my most recent search.

He sent me a link to the tickets but said they don't organize transport for visiting fans. Huh. I'll try and email the RPB email address again.

jennicowdy
07-24-2017, 06:02 PM

Louis just wrote back and said. "When I speak with visiting fans. I ask the traveling supporters if they would like to organize a bus from downtown. Your fans declined to organize a bus for general fans for this match."

No idea whether he was talking about TFC, RPB or another supporters group. Anyways I have emailed RPB again to see if anything is being organized.

Scotty74
07-25-2017, 09:07 AM
Louis just wrote back and said. "When I speak with visiting fans. I ask the traveling supporters if they would like to organize a bus from downtown. Your fans declined to organize a bus for general fans for this match."

No idea whether he was talking about TFC, RPB or another supporters group. Anyways I have emailed RPB again to see if anything is being organized.

Let us know what RPB say, if not do you think we have enough between us all on here to get the Fire to organize a bus for us?

ChrisFizik
07-25-2017, 12:17 PM
Things will be in the works as we get closer to the date everyone. Including a meetup beforehand on the ground in Chicago, which is standard. Members can get involved with all this planning ahead of time!

You should come by Joe's on any match day before then and say hi!

jennicowdy
07-25-2017, 12:26 PM
Things will be in the works as we get closer to the date everyone. Including a meetup beforehand on the ground in Chicago, which is standard. Members can get involved with all this planning ahead of time!

We're there most match days, alas not this one. I don't know who is who from RPB, but will try and find you next time.

@Scotty74 - I think it's like 40 people so probably not. Let's see what transpires nearer the time!

Scotty74
07-25-2017, 02:43 PM

I'm not a member of RPB Chris, neither is any of my group travelling, will we be ok to go with the RPB?

I can't make either of the next 2 home games before the Chicago trip, or I would of defo come to Shoeless joe's beforehand

ChrisFizik
07-25-2017, 09:29 PM
of course of course - there'll likely be a large pub gathering before heading out. Keep an eye out for updates, here, social media etc :)

Scotty74
07-26-2017, 08:11 AM
of course of course - there'll likely be a large pub gathering before heading out. Keep an eye out for updates, here, social media etc :)

Thanks Chris

:drinking: :scarf:

Red18andRed23
08-01-2017, 08:19 PM
Hi everyone! I have one ticket available for the game in Chicago...all info is posted in the Ticket Trader section...if you know of anyone needing a ticket please send them my way!

Cheers!
Jen

jeff r
08-02-2017, 03:33 PM
Does anyone know if the RPB still have tickets for sale?

Red18andRed23
08-03-2017, 06:22 AM
Nope but I have one if you need it :smilewinkgrin:

YNWAREDTFC
08-14-2017, 03:02 PM
Fire are sold out of tickets!! Nothing left in the away section! I bought 4 standing room only tickets and will hope that my Red friends will make room for us in 134.
I have no idea what we will do before the match other than the tailgate in the south lot that's designated "Away tailgate section". We do plan to do some tourist stuff!!

I am also going to the Friday Jays/Cubs game. I have two extra tickets for the Jays game if anyone is interested. Sec 114 row 13. I paid $340USD for the pair. That's all I want for them. Let me know if anyone's interested.

YYZ_Fan
08-14-2017, 06:15 PM
Fire are sold out of tickets!! Nothing left in the away section! I bought 4 standing room only tickets and will hope that my Red friends will make room for us in 134.
I have no idea what we will do before the match other than the tailgate in the south lot that's designated "Away tailgate section". We do plan to do some tourist stuff!!

I am also going to the Friday Jays/Cubs game. I have two extra tickets for the Jays game if anyone is interested. Sec 114 row 13. I paid $340USD for the pair. That's all I want for them. Let me know if anyone's interested.

Are you taking the Pub2Pitch bus leaving Globe Pub? Any other transportation suggestions?

jennicowdy
08-14-2017, 08:26 PM
Are you taking the Pub2Pitch bus leaving Globe Pub? Any other transportation suggestions?

I just went to look for bus tickets on the Pub to Pitch site and Saturday's game from The Globe isn't showing up, so I guess it sold out. Dammit. Is everyone else getting that bus? Anyone know of other ways to get there? Or is it going to be a very expensive Uber?!

Red18andRed23
08-14-2017, 08:47 PM
As we don't want to drive to the game we are still undecided...leaning more towards Uber rather than the Pub to Pitch...just not sure I want to be tied to a bus schedule!

Jen

I just went to look for bus tickets on the Pub to Pitch site and Saturday's game from The Globe isn't showing up, so I guess it sold out. Dammit. Is everyone else getting that bus? Anyone know of other ways to get there? Or is it going to be a very expensive Uber?!

jennicowdy
08-14-2017, 08:52 PM
As we don't want to drive to the game we are still undecided...leaning more towards Uber rather than the Pub to Pitch...just not sure I want to be tied to a bus schedule!

Jen

OK cool. Glad we're not the only ones without bus tickets. Are you going to The Globe before? Or you don't know yet?

Red18andRed23
08-14-2017, 09:00 PM
We we are not sure at this point...was kinda of just going to go with the flow the day of the game...there are 4 of us and I think most will be shopping during the day...was planning on leaving for the game around 5ish...I think that bar is close to our hotel...will have to map it out in case our plans change!!

Cheers!
Jen

OK cool. Glad we're not the only ones without bus tickets. Are you going to The Globe before? Or you don't know yet?

MoodyHeath
08-15-2017, 01:31 PM
***sold***
Awesome to see there's a big group doing the same as us! There are 11 of us heading down to the Jays/Cubs game Friday then TFC Saturday, amazing weekend ahead :)

4 of our group bailed on the Jays/Cubs Friday game so if anyone is interested in bleacher tickets let me know, they're $120 USD face value but selling for $100 CAD.

Will see y'all there!

YYZ_Fan
08-15-2017, 04:47 PM
Awesome to see there's a big group doing the same as us! There are 11 of us heading down to the Jays/Cubs game Friday then TFC Saturday, amazing weekend ahead :)

4 of our group bailed on the Jays/Cubs Friday game so if anyone is interested in bleacher tickets let me know, they're $120 USD face value but selling for $100 CAD.

Will see y'all there!

Interested in the 4 tix. I've DM'd you.

Scotty74
08-16-2017, 01:57 PM
game should be awesome, It's a sell out including TFC's allocation of 275 in section 134

jennicowdy
08-16-2017, 02:26 PM
So excited for the weekend - we're flying out early tomorrow morning.

Is The Globe the venue for pre-game beers on Sat? I'm not seeing anything about it anywhere other than this thread.

pearljammer79
08-17-2017, 04:53 AM
I just seen and have joined this forum. Me and my buddy are going to The Cubs Jays Game Saturday and then taking the pub to pitch bus to The TFC Chicago Fire Game from The Galway Arms at 5pm. Will anyone else be taking that bus? Kind of nervous whether to wear my TFC shirt on that bus or not lol. Might have to hide it until I get to the stadium lol. We bought standing room tickets so we will make our way to be around the visiting supporter section in 134. Are TFC Fans gathering anywhere outside the venue?

I also have a pair of tickets to Saturdays Jays Cubs game available. 160 USD or 200 CAN OBO.

​Blue Jays at Cubs Saturday, 8/19/17
at Wrigley Field, Chicago
at 1:20PM CDT

Upper Reserved Outfield533 | Row 9
Seat 5, 6

We leave for Chicago Today Thursday on Porter. Send me a DM. I will be monitoring. I am staying close to Wrigley and very close to Galway Arms.

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-view-details.html?adId=1288846054&requestSource=b

michaeltfc91
08-17-2017, 06:01 AM
We're on route to Chicago right now! Jays game Friday Tfc Saturday!! See you there

pearljammer79
08-17-2017, 06:15 AM
Nice! We're also going to Jays game Friday and Sunday as well. Pure sports weekend!!

jennicowdy
08-17-2017, 10:16 AM
We just arrived in Chi! Have a day of tourist stuff today then the real fun begins. Looking forward to seeing everyone on Sat :)

Bluenose13
08-18-2017, 08:00 AM
If anyone has any extra's in the TFC away section please pm me, I need 2 more...thanks!

ChrisFizik
08-18-2017, 09:33 AM
Match Day meetup for road warriors on the ground:

AJ Hudson's Pub
3801 N Ashland Ave

They're expecting us and are a nice football friendly bar!
Spread the word/see you there!

jennicowdy
08-18-2017, 09:46 AM
Match Day meetup for road warriors on the ground:

AJ Hudson's Pub
3801 N Ashland Ave

They're expecting us and are a nice football friendly bar!
Spread the word/see you there!

���� See you there

Lennon
08-18-2017, 06:34 PM
In Chicago for a friend's bachelor party but I'm thinking of sneaking out for the game (they're not into soccer).

Anybody staying downtown? I might need a ride. Can chip in for gas.

michaeltfc91
08-18-2017, 07:23 PM
Is there a bus or train from Chicago to Toyota park? We're basically on magnificent mile. Or we all ubering

Lennon
08-19-2017, 10:02 AM
Don't think so. I'm pretty close to there as well. Uber seems like the best option.

Fort York Redcoat
08-19-2017, 10:55 AM
Is there a bus or train from Chicago to Toyota park? We're basically on magnificent mile. Or we all ubering

Don't think so. I'm pretty close to there as well. Uber seems like the best option.

There is a bus. Have cash for an extra fare.

https://www.chicago-fire.com/matchday/gettotp/publictransportation

GerMc
08-19-2017, 02:26 PM
There is a bus. Have cash for an extra fare.

https://www.chicago-fire.com/matchday/gettotp/publictransportation

You have to take the Orange Line to Midway station and then the express bus to Toyota Stadium. From downtown the subway is about 25-30 mins and then I understand the bus is about 10-15 mins, though it runs every 20 mins. Or you can take the subway to midway and then a taxi from Midway to the stadium, which I understand is about $15-20. I think that is what I am going to do.

OgtheDim
08-19-2017, 09:25 PM
YOU PEOPLE WERE AWESOME

Heard the Seba Song clearly

The Clap was amazing

Well done

True Away fans :scarf:

pearljammer79
08-20-2017, 12:18 AM
Amazing!!!!

Petor
08-20-2017, 06:42 AM
https://twitter.com/torontofc/status/899068731527004160

Initial B
08-20-2017, 11:36 AM
I could hear you guys over the Fire supporters on TV. Best fans in the league, regardless of what Forbes says.

Blindside16
08-21-2017, 02:48 AM
Hats off to the road warriors for the work they put in Saturday night. I could hear them clearly all game. The clap was amazing. Great job by all and I hope everyone got home safe. Oh and Forbes can pound salt :flare::scarf::flare:

Auzzy
08-21-2017, 10:06 AM
The roars after the TFC goals were awesome!

jennicowdy
08-21-2017, 10:18 AM
Amazing game and amazing support. Thanks all, I was proud to wear the shirt x

ChrisFizik
08-23-2017, 02:53 PM
3 table-topping pts & a home feeling on the road for a party/match day in Chicago.
Thx AJ Hudson's for hangout hosting & all who travelled!

http://i.imgur.com/tLsXAFhl.jpg

Good to meet a bunch of you and a good time in Chicago. AJ's was a cool place to hangout despite lots being down the road at Wrigley and the stadium being so far out of town. Crazy. But what a win. What a win. Cheers all! Think about becoming a member at any time to get more involved with our next trips!

SoccMan2
08-26-2017, 01:12 PM
Just wondering for those who were in Chicago the Blue Jay fans must have easily outnumbered the TFC fans in Chicago, I'm sure there must have been a lot of Blue Jay fans that traveled to Chicago that were probably not aware that TFC was playing a game in Chicago, and must have been surprised to see other Toronto residents in Chicago not to see the Blue Jays but TFC.

Bluenose13
08-26-2017, 02:46 PM
There was easily 15,000 Jay's fans at Wrigley field.

A lot of TFC fans did both games but likely wore blue to the Jay's game so no real way to tell.

SoccMan2
08-26-2017, 04:05 PM
Im not a Jays fan so have only been like two or three times to a Jays game and that was probably like 20 years ago lol, anyways I always see people showing up to TFC games in Jays jerseys , for those who go to Jays games do you ever see anyone wearing a TFC jersey to a Jays game ? I still don't see the reason to wear a Jays or even a Leafs jersey at a TFC game , I mean I would never wear a TFC jersey to a Jays game or a leafs game I think it's dump why? Let's see I'm going to a TFC game what should I wear oh ya I know let me wear my Jays jersey lol.

Fort York Redcoat
08-27-2017, 08:46 AM
There was easily 15,000 Jay's fans at Wrigley field.

A lot of TFC fans did both games but likely wore blue to the Jay's game so no real way to tell.

Impressive travel for a team not doing well.

Fort York Redcoat
08-27-2017, 08:49 AM
Im not a Jays fan so have only been like two or three times to a Jays game and that was probably like 20 years ago lol, anyways I always see people showing up to TFC games in Jays jerseys , for those who go to Jays games do you ever see anyone wearing a TFC jersey to a Jays game ? I still don't see the reason to wear a Jays or even a Leafs jersey at a TFC game , I mean I would never wear a TFC jersey to a Jays game or a leafs game I think it's dump why? Let's see I'm going to a TFC game what should I wear oh ya I know let me wear my Jays jersey lol.

Yes people have worn TFC kits to Jays games. Not as many as Jays gear at TFC. Which makes sense if one looks at the popularity of the relative merch.

I actually agree with you but many, many people don't care. It's no different than the principle of other teams jerseys at the match. It's "close enough".

Scotty74
08-28-2017, 09:04 AM
I did see one guy at Wrigley(Friday game) in a TFC jersey.
I got talking to some Cubs fans in the row behind us at Friday's game, they asked us if we were going to any other games over the weekend and I told them TFC were in town playing the Fire on Saturday evening. The blank stares I received were hilarious, I swear those guys didn't even know Chicago had a soccer team.

There were a huge amount of Jays fans in Chicago over the weekend but remember, over the past few years Rogers have been marketing this "Canada's team" crap so the rest of the country will subscribe to their TV channels and get fans to buy more jerseys etc. We met a lot of Jays fans from AB and SK over the weekend, whereas the vast majority of TFC fans are from the GTA/South Ontario.

jabbronies
08-28-2017, 09:14 AM

A guy in my section has seasons to both the Jays and TFC. Sometimes he'll do the first half of a Jays game and then come to TFC right at kickoff. He'll do the reverse also.

So that's one reason

Brooker
09-06-2017, 08:55 AM
Sometimes he'll do the first half of a Jays game and then come to TFC right at kickoff. He'll do the reverse also.

That's fucked.

jabbronies
09-06-2017, 10:45 AM
That's fucked.

it's not that bad - just jump on a GO train either way and you've pretty much got door to door service

Brooker
09-06-2017, 06:46 PM
it's not that bad - just jump on a GO train either way and you've pretty much got door to door service

Not the travel, just leaving games. Diabolical.