PDA

View Full Version : Other MLS Games This Weekend - June 2 - June 4th

OgtheDim
06-02-2017, 02:37 PM
Game of the week is for once not our match. Internationals away for a few teams will make for some weird results.

Friday

San Jose @ Portland 11pm - Portland stumbling looks bad while San Jose stumbling looks like its a plan. Weird. SJE does just enough to win and should do so again. 2-1 for the away team

Saturday

Philly @ NYCFC 1pm - Early game time to avoid the Cardiff shenanigans. Union going so well for awhile but couldn't cope with the altitude @ RSL. This week, they will have issues with the field size. 3-1 for NYCFC

Minnesota @ SKC 5pm - Loons are better then earlier in the season but SKC is the best team in the West right now defensively. 1-0 for SKC.

Atlanta @ Vancouver 5:30pm - If you can picture for a moment - a bunch of feral cats scootting and scampering around a backyard clawing at each other. That's this game. 2-2 draw

LAG @ DCU 7pm - DCU will be chasing LAG all over the RFK pitch. Not going to be pretty. We play DCU next in 2 weeks. 3-1 for LAG

NYRB @ Montreal 7:30pm - Impact and NYRB both underwhelming this season. BUT NYRB area really bad away from home and still havn't adjusted to how teams like the Impact play. 2-0 for Montreal

RSL @ FCD 8pm - Will the Real FCDallas show up? Not sure it matters as this is the Real SL. 3-1 for Dallas

Columbus@ Colorado 9pm - Maestionni is going to make a point of not caring about possession in this game (seriously, the guy spent a good chunk of his week discussing why heart matters more then tactics) This will not end well. 3-0 for Columbus

Sunday

Chicago @ Orlando 7:30pm - GAME OF THE WEEK - Orlando at home versus the very workmanlike Chicago. #2 AT #4 in PPG. I'm interested in watched Johnson go up against the Dax less Schweinsteiger. 2-2 draw

Houston @ Seattle 10pm - Houston is really bad away. 3-1 to Seattle and they will say its a turn around etc. etc. which tells you more about how bad Seattle has been then anything else.

CBTFC
06-03-2017, 06:46 PM
And just like that, the Whitecaps beat Atlanta United at home 3-1.

Not sure I would've predicted that result

Detroit_TFC
06-04-2017, 05:45 PM
I'm not sure RSL has ever been this bad, even as an expansion team. Losing end of 5-1, 6-2 results days apart.

I thought Petke would revitalize them but now I wonder if he will even make it to the end of the season.

UpTheReds
06-04-2017, 08:25 PM
Even with our loss the results have still sort of fine our way this weekend. Columbus lost. If the Lions can hold Chicago here to a draw then it's damage minimized.

UpTheReds
06-04-2017, 08:27 PM
Orlando down to 9 men. Unreal.

Auzzy
06-04-2017, 08:48 PM
Holy shit Alan Gordon still scoring late goals off the bench, this time winning it for Colorado with a header.

notthesun
06-04-2017, 09:55 PM

And they still got the draw. Great result for us.

noimpactinmtl
06-04-2017, 11:34 PM

Chicago's attack was downright uninspiring at times, other times it's the woodworks.

molenshtain
06-05-2017, 01:35 AM
Chicago's attack was downright uninspiring at times, other times it's the woodworks.

Very much the reason I'm wary of jumping on the Chicago hype train for now. Their front four is deeply mismatched and their backline can still be shambolic at times despite Vincent, Polster and Kappelhoff occasionally moonlighting as proper players at this level.

They're probably good enough to make the playoffs right now but they'll definitely go through at least a couple of bad runs before the end of the season. Defence not good enough to keep it together when the goals inevitably dry up.

Fort York Redcoat
06-05-2017, 08:14 AM
And just like that, the Whitecaps beat Atlanta United at home 3-1.

Not sure I would've predicted that result

Laba's return a success. He got a couple mentions. That and the bouncy pitch.

Fort York Redcoat
06-05-2017, 08:21 AM
Not much to that DC LA match. DC got plenty of chances but either flubbed or went too soft. The Gals really tried to bus park. They were more lucky than good for the draw.

As long as we score the next match should be ours.

Fort York Redcoat
06-05-2017, 09:24 AM
I'm not sure RSL has ever been this bad, even as an expansion team. Losing end of 5-1, 6-2 results days apart.

I thought Petke would revitalize them but now I wonder if he will even make it to the end of the season.

Lamah's hat trick really opened them up but Urruti AND Tesho's goals were pretty special.

Fort York Redcoat
06-05-2017, 09:31 AM
Holy shit Alan Gordon still scoring late goals off the bench, this time winning it for Colorado with a header.

He's no Chad Barrett but he does what he does well and fun to watch.

Fort York Redcoat
06-05-2017, 10:14 AM

Can't believe the luck. Can't even say Orlando were shelled in the 20 mins.