PDA

View Full Version : Justin Morrow

ensco
05-31-2017, 08:01 AM
I was thinking about the Vazquez thread. Here is another guy that deserves some serious love.

How about that blast where Justin basically ripped the arms off the Columbus GK?

He is a bit lost because:
- of the wattage of the DPs,
- we play 3-5-2 (which means he doesn't figure in most all star discussions, which use 4-4-2 models),
- he moves around positionally (fullback/wingback),
- he does everything well (ie he doesn't get noticed for offensive flair or marking in tight, because he gives you both!)
- so many others are delivering terrific performances (including Beitashour and Edwards - mostly - in similar roles),
- he has been here for a while.

I think Morrow might be an MLS Best XI player.

He hit the bar, but we don't care.
Justin Morrow, Justin Morrow.

Section_105
05-31-2017, 08:05 AM
I was thinking about that blast where he basically ripped the arms off the Columbus GK.

The guy deserves some serious love.

He is a bit lost because of the wattage of the DPs, because we play 3-5-2 (which means he doesn't figure in most all star discussions, which use 4-4-2 models), because he moves around positionally (fullback/wingback), because he does everything well, and because so many others are delivering outstanding performances of many others (including Beitashour and Edwards - mostly - in similar roles).

I think Morrow might be an MLS Best XI player.

He hit the bar, but we don't care.
Justin Morrow, Justin Morrow.

Lets just not remind him about the bar. He was so gutted after that the poor guy.

Definitely one of the best left backs/wings in the league and has scored more goals than any other defender in the last 2 years. And he's a top class human off the field.

2Morrow, 2Morrow
we love ya, 2morrow,
our next goal is a cross away

Scotty74
05-31-2017, 08:34 AM
100% agree, he's the most underrated player on the team.

Voodooman
05-31-2017, 08:38 AM
Forget the team, he is likely the most underrated player in the league.

Areathrasher
05-31-2017, 08:42 AM
100% agree, he's the most underrated player on the team.

He's one of, if not the most, underrated player in the league imo.

EDIT: Beaten to it :lol:

Fort York Redcoat
05-31-2017, 08:48 AM
https://i.ytimg.com/vi/Yop62wQH498/hqdefault.jpg

Joe Kool
05-31-2017, 09:05 AM
My son plays left back and Morrow is one of his heroes that he wants to and is working hard to try to emulate his game after. My son and I got to talk to him one day too last year and he was giving my son some tips. Great guy. Definitely one of my favourite guys on the team. He doesn't get as much praise as he deserves but that happens to so many defenders everywhere. Even my son's team just finished winning a tourney in the US and all everyone is talking about is the guys that scored but our team only had four defenders on this trip so my son and the other 3 defenders played every minute of every game and shut down every attack consistently...but got no praise. Same happens in the pros. Thankless job sometimes on defense.

ensco
05-31-2017, 09:08 AM
2Morrow, 2Morrow
we love ya, 2morrow,
our next goal is a cross away

That is very clever!

Jack
05-31-2017, 10:50 AM
Yes.

notthesun
05-31-2017, 01:13 PM
He's the most well-rounded LB in the league. I can't understand why he doesn't get a look with the U.S. national team. Beasley is surely past it now and Morrow would be excellent competition after Villafana for them. Their loss I guess.

He even scores goals! Our third-highest scorer last year and currently tied for the same this year.

And we got him for... allocation money. Bezbatchenko will never make a better trade.

Section_105
05-31-2017, 03:09 PM
https://i.ytimg.com/vi/Yop62wQH498/hqdefault.jpg

Precisely where I was going

Shakes McQueen
05-31-2017, 08:11 PM
Morrow and Beitashour are the two guys who have quietly driven our success.

dupont
06-01-2017, 12:38 AM
I just assumed everybody loved Morrow! He is one of my favourites. This is a team full of favourites. What a great feeling!

sidvan
06-04-2017, 09:17 AM
I see JMo has been included on the 40 man roster for Gold Cup http://www.ussoccer.com/stories/2017/06/03/19/59/20170603-news-mnt-bruce-arena-names-40-player-preliminary-2017-concacaf-gold-cup-roster

OgtheDim
06-04-2017, 01:27 PM
That's an MLS heavy roster that Arena is using to scout out players for 2018 and beyond. Good for Morrow. He's in with a shout at the 23.