PDA

View Full Version : is Ricketts our best player?

NateDoGG
07-30-2008, 10:54 PM
was talking with some ppl about this earlier, and well i think ricketts is our best player, he always gives it his all no matter what, he has more energy and heart then anyone on this squad, he loves toronto, he seems to be the happiest player on tfc that is playing here, and he is easily the fan favourite, there is much more i could say about him but i would just go on and on lol
anyone else wanna add to this?

jloome
07-30-2008, 11:02 PM
Right now he probably is, yeah. He's certainly been the only guy who's been effective throughout and fighting throughout in that stretch. He has an advantage in that he's only really expected to play one way, so when he adds in defending it's advantageous.

I think with five goals you could argue Danny D too, though, particularly considering what's happened since he went out.

kitchener-TFC
07-30-2008, 11:03 PM
I love Ricketts! It's about time he gets more recognition.

NateDoGG
07-30-2008, 11:09 PM
Right now he probably is, yeah. He's certainly been the only guy who's been effective throughout and fighting throughout in that stretch. He has an advantage in that he's only really expected to

i agree
he is always there, and he is the only one who creates chances in the last 15-10 mins in a game too, its like he pounds down a power drink and goes into 6th gear, he is a pure workhorse, much like marvell wynne

CretanBull
07-30-2008, 11:21 PM
Most consistant for sure....and one of the few guys who seems like he gives a shit game in, game out.

morgank1986
07-30-2008, 11:44 PM
Yes.

dupont
07-30-2008, 11:57 PM
He is easily one of the best.

VoxPopuliCosmicum
07-31-2008, 12:02 AM
Guevara's got more talent, but Ricketts has demonstrated both consistent skill and effort.

Draracle
07-31-2008, 12:08 AM
Yes. Great skill, great work ethic, and he doesn't fuck up.

Cashcleaner
07-31-2008, 12:08 AM
Ricketts is pretty good, yeah. Is he the best on the roster? Hard to say. I think we'd have to wait until the season is over to really to really take stock in his contributions. I've been pretty satisfied so far, though.

King Tut
07-31-2008, 03:19 AM
no he is not the best player. he is one of the best.

The best this season is Greg Sutton

He saved our asses so many times from major thrashings!

London
07-31-2008, 05:39 AM
^^ i would have to agree with tut!!!!

ricketts is the most skilled field player, but mr.sutton has been clutch for us!!!

Canadian Blue
07-31-2008, 06:22 AM

No, absolutely he is not our best player.......but to be fair I don't know who is. I forced to choose at this point I would have to agree with King Tut and say Sutton is the front runner for the RPB player of the year.

As for the quote above, if you don't think Ricketts ever fucks up you need to watch the games a little closer.

Carts
07-31-2008, 06:45 AM
Defintelty one of the best, but right now if I had to vote for a 'Player of the Year' I would vote for Sutton...

One of the things I like about Ricketts off the field, is that he has embraced the team and city... He's always doing TFC TV, went on the Grill Room, showed the MLS Live guys around Toronto at the All-Star game, has done the charity work with Big Bruva, and I was lucky enough to meet him at one of the autograph signings at Scarborough Town Centre - what a great guy...

I can't say enough about Rickets as not only a player, but a person and embassador for our club...

Carts...

Canadian Blue
07-31-2008, 06:48 AM
One of the things I like about Ricketts off the field, is that he has embraced the team and city... He's always doing TFC TV, went on the Grill Room, showed the MLS Live guys around Toronto at the All-Star game, has done the charity work with Big Bruva, and I was lucky enough to meet him at one of the autograph signings at Scarborough Town Centre - what a great guy...

I can't say enough about Rickets as not only a player, but a person and embassador for our club...

Carts...

I can't help but think all this press work that Ricketts is doing has nothing to do with his love for the city or TFC. I think he is staying prominent with his media relations hoping to not fall off the radar so that after a few successful seasons he will have the opportunity to return to england.

bdrs
07-31-2008, 07:24 AM
I would vote Ricketts easily. He has worked harder than most have on the field. Plus his charity and media work are excellent representations of TFC to the city and province. Raises the teams profile both on and off the pitch. And if he decides after few years to head back to England then he will have worked hard for his right to do that and deserves it. Best all around man for TFC. Would love to see some other players put as much effort in off the pitch to raise our profile.

Roogsy
07-31-2008, 07:36 AM
Hardest working at the moment yes. And with his skill it goes a long way.

Guevara is probably the most skilled, but as Carver said...sometimes flits in and out of games.

Dichio is the smartest but is physically limited.

Ricketts encompasses everything we need in players right now. Skill, smarts and heart. So far...he is getting my vote for player of the year.

JDG
07-31-2008, 07:37 AM
I can't help but think all this press work that Ricketts is doing has nothing to do with his love for the city or TFC. I think he is staying prominent with his media relations hoping to not fall off the radar so that after a few successful seasons he will have the opportunity to return to england.

I spoke to him about playing in England, and his response was quick and genuine. He wants to play. He wants to contribute. He wants to win.
He said it's not all about the Premiership.
This attitude is illustrated in the choices he made before coming here.
He made his moves to place himself with people he could learn from, in places where he could expect to make an impact. If he was a glory hunter, he could have stayed in Arsenal's system, and worked towards a first team position, or a trade to aother Premiership side.

Roogsy
07-31-2008, 07:40 AM
I think it would be silly of us to think he wouldn't want to return to the EPL if given the chance. I think however, he will be selective. I am sure he wouldn't want to return just to ride the pine.

At the end of the day, none of us can blame him for that, and it really isn't an issue right now. Besides...maybe we can get a nice transfer fee for him!

That being said...I have seen his "promos" and his marketing efforts on behalf of TFC and the guy seems to speak from the heart. So long as he gives his all while he is here, that is all I ask.

Draracle
07-31-2008, 08:40 AM
No, absolutely he is not our best player.......but to be fair I don't know who is. I forced to choose at this point I would have to agree with King Tut and say Sutton is the front runner for the RPB player of the year.

As for the quote above, if you don't think Ricketts ever fucks up you need to watch the games a little closer.

His non-fucking up is proportional to the teams epic amount of fucking up. He does make mistakes, but not at the rate of our other players.

I would say sutton is our best player, just because the 10 in front of him allow so many shots. Robert seems to be finding a groove, and he has a lot more guts than Rickets to make clutch plays.

kitchener-TFC
07-31-2008, 10:14 AM
It's nice to see that Ricketts likes the city, as well as Robinson.

Rawkus_420
07-31-2008, 10:48 AM
His non-fucking up is proportional to the teams epic amount of fucking up. He does make mistakes, but not at the rate of our other players.

I would say sutton is our best player, just because the 10 in front of him allow so many shots. Robert seems to be finding a groove, and he has a lot more guts than Rickets to make clutch plays.

I agree on the robert part, I tink when he tries for those 2/3rd's of every game he is our best player, not in salt lake really, but I blame the shitty field for that. He give sthe best long balls and good good crosses, just nobody gets on the end of them....he just gets frustrated and then gives up later in the match after hes passed 10 balls to cunny whos offside 11 times(figure that one out)

trane
07-31-2008, 10:53 AM
Hardest working at the moment yes. And with his skill it goes a long way.

Guevara is probably the most skilled, but as Carver said...sometimes flits in and out of games.

Dichio is the smartest but is physically limited.

Ricketts encompasses everything we need in players right now. Skill, smarts and heart. So far...he is getting my vote for player of the year.

I agree with all three assessments, I would have to say that Robert is close to those three in overall ablity.

James Oliphant
07-31-2008, 11:00 AM

That quote of Carver's bothered me a bit...people seem to forget that Guevara came to us immediately after the end of the LINA season. He'd played a full season's worth of football, taking Motagua to a second-place finish in the Apertura and leaving them toward the end of the Clausura.

He's getting tired, and it's starting to show.

Shaughno
07-31-2008, 11:03 AM
That quote of Carver's bothered me a bit...people seem to forget that Guevara came to us immediately after the end of the LINA season. He'd played a full season's worth of football, taking Motagua to a second-place finish in the Apertura and leaving them toward the end of the Clausura.

He's getting tired, and it's starting to show.

Same symptoms we saw from Dichio last year... who came from a similar situation albeit not lifting his hometown team to a very unexpected final result.

timmay
07-31-2008, 11:06 AM
for the last month he has been, no doubt

Draracle
07-31-2008, 11:06 AM
I agree on the robert part, I tink when he tries for those 2/3rd's of every game he is our best player, not in salt lake really, but I blame the shitty field for that. He give sthe best long balls and good good crosses, just nobody gets on the end of them....he just gets frustrated and then gives up later in the match after hes passed 10 balls to cunny whos offside 11 times(figure that one out)

And he is far more willing to change players who get too close. At the start of his tenure we saw him give of a lot of challenges or make shitty crosses out of panic. Carver must put some confidence in him because now he is far more inclined to dribble the ball around players to get a better angle. He does get frustrated. Which is good. Because I am getting frustrated. He has no option up front for the cross so he can either bang it in the middle and hope for the best or switch it to Ricketts, neither offer a decent progression of the play.

Personally, (in the absence of a striker) I would have liked to see Ricketts come into the far post more -- taking on a strikers roll when Robert gets position on the wing. Ricketts has a deft first touch and he can pull most passes to his feet. With his two-way-dribbling skills I bet he could easily create that moment of space to find a shot within the 18. But he tends to prefer the wide position and is often under-utilized when the play is coming in off the other wing.

Wynne has more than enough speed to cover a counter.

James Oliphant
07-31-2008, 11:07 AM
Same symptoms we saw from Dichio last year... who came from a similar situation albeit not lifting his hometown team to a very unexpected final result.

Exactly Shaughno.

And oddly enough, I remember people saying similar things about Dichio around this time last year...tired players can only do so much.

Roogsy
07-31-2008, 11:11 AM
Which is why I don't blame Guevara...but we can't say that there aren't stretches where he is invisible. I agree...I think he is tired. And maybe a little frustrated as well. So I am not gonna rag on Guevara...I think he has been a positive addition to this team. I just think Ricketts is showing everyone else what it takes.

Alarius
07-31-2008, 11:19 AM
Ricketts with Sutton a close second.

jmorgs88
07-31-2008, 11:21 AM
maybe it is just me but contrary to what many people are saying on here, i am not impressed with Robert at all....probably one of my least favourite players. As a flanker we get killed whenever he decides he doesnt feel like playing some defense. He is quite lazy when he is off the ball and it hurts us.

that being said, sutton then ricketts

dbal7
07-31-2008, 11:35 AM
tell me what crack you guys are all smoking cause it must be some good shit...
Every time ricketts touches the ball he tries to drill through like 3 guys and just stumbles or gets stripped!
the odd time here and there every couple games the guy busts a move to get by some 35 year old MLS defender and all of a sudden he's our MVP??
seriously guys...its pathetic how us TFC fans are becoming just what Leaf fans have been for 40 years...accepting of crappy players who we are told are great but never deliver crap!
lets talk about who our good players are...

Sutton is awesome! the guy single handedly keeps us in most games
Robinson consistently wins balls in the middle for us
Marvel Wynne is a tank that hustles all the time and most attackers give up once they get eaten alive by him a couple of times

AND THAT'S IT!

hopefully by the end of the season Barrett will be on that list and we're in the playoffs
lets be real here guys

NateDoGG
07-31-2008, 12:18 PM
i would put sutton as a close 2nd aswell

ExiledRed
07-31-2008, 12:31 PM
There is no best player, they're all inconsistent, end of.

Ricketts has 4 goals in all competitions this year, 1 behind Danny, which is worth mentioning though.

canadian_bhoy
07-31-2008, 12:40 PM
For me, the most underappreciated (except financially) player for TFC is this guy right here. I also think he has been our MVP over the course of the season

http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/06ue1zS2gQdVE/610x.jpg

Roogsy
07-31-2008, 12:41 PM
Every time ricketts touches the ball he tries to drill through like 3 guys and just stumbles or gets stripped!
the odd time here and there every couple games the guy busts a move to get by some 35 year old MLS defender and all of a sudden he's our MVP??
seriously guys...its pathetic how us TFC fans are becoming just what Leaf fans have been for 40 years...accepting of crappy players who we are told are great but never deliver crap!

Marvel Wynne is a tank that hustles all the time and most attackers give up once they get eaten alive by him a couple of times

AND THAT'S IT!

hopefully by the end of the season Barrett will be on that list and we're in the playoffs
lets be real here guys

You're hilarious. You mock the Ricketts selection and yet the very players you have mentioned as being so great have also had boneheaded moments and tripped up once in a while.

Welcome to professional sports. Try to have some perspective.

Big Bruva
07-31-2008, 12:42 PM
Right now he probably is, yeah. He's certainly been the only guy who's been effective throughout and fighting throughout in that stretch. He has an advantage in that he's only really expected to play one way, so when he adds in defending it's advantageous.

I think with five goals you could argue Danny D too, though, particularly considering what's happened since he went out.

Agree but i don't agree lol

Its not just him that has that advantage coz Amado is not expected to defend he is expected to creat and have Robbo or Mo behind him, Laurent is not expected to defend like an average winger would coz at this stage of his career he just can't so i don't think its only Ro that has that advantage.

Big Bruva
07-31-2008, 12:46 PM
Most consistant for sure....and one of the few guys who seems like he gives a shit game in, game out.

Oh man i wish this thread was never posted lol people like Giambac, Canadian Blue and a few more must be upset.

Big Bruva
07-31-2008, 12:50 PM

lol i think he does sometimes actually i know he does sometimes but what you need to remember is that Ro, Amado and Laurent are supposed to F up the most but i would say Ro and Amado more than Laurent coz they try to bring creativity and try to beat players with it too which means that they will lose the ball more than a safer player like Robbo who's game is get the ball and find a pass (not dribble)

Big Bruva
07-31-2008, 12:54 PM

Key word above.

Shows you ain't got a clue lol

McBrace
07-31-2008, 01:00 PM
Oh man i wish this thread was never posted lol people like Giambac, Canadian Blue and a few more must be upset.

Probably, but who really gives a shit!:rolleyes::D

Big Bruva
07-31-2008, 01:02 PM
I spoke to him about playing in England, and his response was quick and genuine. He wants to play. He wants to contribute. He wants to win.
He made his moves to place himself with people he could learn from, in places where he could expect to make an impact. If he was a glory hunter, he could have stayed in Arsenal's system, and worked towards a first team position, or a trade to aother Premiership side.

He would of made more money staying in England than he is making with TFC and thats a fact.

Carlton Cole, Anton Ferdinand and my cuz are all friends and during the All Star week Carlton and my cuz had a conersation on the phone and Carlton asked my cuz what its like playing over here etc

RR replied: It depends on what your looking for, if you wanna just be known as a Premiership player then obviopusly stay in England and obviously the money etc but I have found a home and could live here forever and the fans/people are amazing, the team is the only team in the Canada that plays in the MLS so we have amazing support and the league is growing every second. He said more but that was the jist of the conversation.

Not to say he would not return to the Prem if the chance ever came up lol but he has and is experiencing Canada can would now have to think about it more.

dbal7
07-31-2008, 01:04 PM
You're hilarious. You mock the Ricketts selection and yet the very players you have mentioned as being so great have also had boneheaded moments and tripped up once in a while.

i obviously have to go back to basics with you....yes you're right..we are all human and we all make mistakes.
But if you wanna tell me that rohan ricketts deserves to even START on this team than you are seriously delusional.
The same thing happened with Welsh last year....the guy didn't know his head from his ass, yet Mo kept starting him until FINALLY they dropped his lame ass
Here's some perspective, until we stop hiring British managers, British coaches, and British players all the time, this team is gonna be doomed to failure. Lets look at the home grown talent. Heck lets look at the 2 USL teams that made us look stupid these past 4 games we played them.
I'd take one of the Impact midfielders over Ricketts any day of the week.
Who cares if he doesn't act stupid on Toronto FC TV

Draracle
07-31-2008, 01:05 PM
He would of made more money staying in England than he is making with TFC and thats a fact.

Carlton Cole, Anton Ferdinand and my cuz are all friends and during the All Star week Carlton and my cuz had a conersation on the phone and Carlton asked my cuz what its like playing over here etc

RR replied: It depends on what your looking for, if you wanna just be known as a Premiership player then obviopusly stay in England and obviously the money etc but I have found a home and could live here forever and the fans/people are amazing, the team is the only team in the Canada that plays in the MLS so we have amazing support and the league is growing every second. He said more but that was the jist of the conversation.

Not to say he would not return to the Prem if the chance ever came up lol but he has and is experiencing Canada can would now have to think about it more.

you going to recruit you whole family?

Big Bruva
07-31-2008, 01:15 PM
The funny thing is that i read a lot of comments about he never scores and basically all the other attacking players will score more and someone lol saying he should stop shooting and me saying how do you support a Football team and tell an attacking player to stop shooting lol and no bias but he has 4 goals for TFC. No one would of expected Laurent to only have the one goal and maybe most would of expected Amado to have more than 3.

Ro came to the city with personal targets and one was to get a certain number of goals for the seaon in all competitions and he is course so for the sake of the team lets hope he gets to it and past it.

I would say Suton has been brilliant and TFC would of had some embarassing scores if it was not for him.

Actual players i would of said Amado before a few games ago but at the same time Ro went through a dip too so it kinda evens out but right now i would say Ro is up there without being bias lol

AL-MO
07-31-2008, 01:17 PM
I would say Guevara is our best player, but doesn't always seem to play like it!

Cashcleaner
07-31-2008, 01:27 PM
no he is not the best player. he is one of the best.

The best this season is Greg Sutton

He saved our asses so many times from major thrashings!

You're a braver man than I am. I wanted to say Sutton is our best player, but with most people having a hard-on for the offensive players, I thought I'd be laughed down. :p

jloome
07-31-2008, 01:45 PM

AND THAT'S IT!

lets be real here guys

Dude, you have absolutely no fucking clue what you're talking about. Marvell Wynne is a constant defensive liability, Robinson wins some balls but pushes forward far too often and is caught out of position. And Ricketts beats his defender a hell of a lot more often than he "stumbles" through them. Go back and watch some video, because your'e allowing a "hate on" you' ve developed for one player to obscure reality (or, if research seems like too much effort, consider with humility that 20-1 people don't see this the same way you do, so you might be horribly wrong.)

FluSH
07-31-2008, 01:54 PM
Amado Guevara - 3 Goals + 3 Assits.... Yes he takes a siesta during the game every now and then, but when he is in the zone... he is clearly our best player.

Dichio is my 2nd pick

Ricketts = 3rd

Bluenose13
07-31-2008, 02:04 PM
For me it's a toss up between Ricketts & Guevara, I would hate to think where we would be without them.

I must say that lately Ricketts has been more consistant & if I had to pick an MVP today it would be Ricketts.

Carts
07-31-2008, 02:17 PM
For me it's a toss up between Ricketts & Guevara, I would hate to think where we would be without them.

I must say that lately Ricketts has been more consistant & if I had to pick an MVP today it would be Ricketts.

It funny, last game we were having the discussion where we talking about Rohan Rickets becoming not only one of our best, but one of my favourite players b/c of his work ethic, and PR work etc etc etc...

Carts...

jwfm1985
07-31-2008, 02:17 PM

BB, this is really cool to hear. I am glad he is having such a good time. I live downtown right next to Ro and everyone who has met him speaks very highly of him. Great addition to TO!

giambac
07-31-2008, 02:33 PM

I'm not upset at all.

Must say that I don't agree however. Although I'm pleased with the way RR has come around lately he isn;'t the best player on this team. I mean the guy has 4 goals (2nd on the team, but that isn't saying much). How many times has he blown 2 on 1 , 3 on 1 and even clear cut breakaways. In my opinion I would rate them as follows

1) Guevera
2) Sutton
3) Wynn
4) Ricketts
5) Brennan

The rest of the players aren't worth ranking and they can all be cut or traded. It wouldn't affect the team one way or another.

dbal7
07-31-2008, 02:36 PM
Dude, you have absolutely no fucking clue what you're talking about. Marvell Wynne is a constant defensive liability, Robinson wins some balls but pushes forward far too often and is caught out of position. And Ricketts beats his defender a hell of a lot more often than he "stumbles" through them. Go back and watch some video, because your'e allowing a "hate on" you' ve developed for one player to obscure reality (or, if research seems like too much effort, consider with humility that 20-1 people don't see this the same way you do, so you might be horribly wrong.)

jloome, i can't stop laughing so give me a second..........OK....sorry
for a second i thought you called Wynne a defensive liability.....
Are you fucking retarded?? seriously?? the best fucking defender we have? who in that shitty TFC roster even comes CLOSE to Wynne's speed, strength and commitment??? Brennan is the only guy who comes close in terms of commitment and strength....but for sheer speed i have yet to see an opposing player beat Marvell to a loose ball. Not to mention the guy is a constant offensive threat....wanna do some "research" here ya go..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hLcQVsY1cR4

you wanna talk about guys getting caught attacking look no further than Guevara and Robert. And that retard Velez....oh man i get indigestion just thinking about that USL outcast.
if im the only with the sense to say it then so be it...
Ricketts blows GOATS!!

giambac
07-31-2008, 02:45 PM
Are you fucking retarded?? seriously?? the best fucking defender we have? who in that shitty TFC roster even comes CLOSE to Wynne's speed, strength and commitment??? Brennan is the only guy who comes close in terms of commitment and strength....but for sheer speed i have yet to see an opposing player beat Marvell to a loose ball. Not to mention the guy is a constant offensive threat....wanna do some "research" here ya go..

you wanna talk about guys getting caught attacking look no further than Guevara and Robert. And that retard Velez....oh man i get indigestion just thinking about that USL outcast.
Ricketts blows GOATS!!

dbal7,

there is no use trying to rationalize with Jloome. He simply doesn't undersatand the game. He starts threads about being a soccer writer and knowing what this team needs or lacks and why they aren't successful. The guy wouldn't be able to analyze my sons game.

Actually I get a great laugh at his comments
His Fix to our problems is the following

We need to identify and cleary lable the roles and responsibilities of each player on the team. LOL:noidea:

Now he saying that Wynn sucks and is a liability. This guy is a soccer writer?????

trane
07-31-2008, 02:46 PM
For me, the most underappreciated (except financially) player for TFC is this guy right here. I also think he has been our MVP over the course of the season

I agree, he is unupreciated. While as an DM, he does not have the overall skills of the others mentioned, he is a great DM by MLS standards.

trane
07-31-2008, 02:49 PM

Ricketts blows GOATS!!

Wynne, is not a fundamentaly sound defender, he makes up for his lack of fundamentals with pace, but he cannot always do that, and he is to often caught out of position. That is hardly the best defender we have. Brennan and Marshal are our two most sound backs. While not a back Robinson may be our best defensive player.

trane
07-31-2008, 02:53 PM
^ I do agree with Jloome's comment that Robinson gets caught to far up, as do our fullbacks in general.

dbal7
07-31-2008, 03:00 PM
Wynne, is not a fundamentaly sound defender, he makes up for his lack of fundamentals with pace, but he cannot always do that, and he is to often caught out of position. That is hardly the best defender we have. Brennan and Marshal are our two most sound backs. While not a back Robinson may be our best defensive player.
lack of fundamentals? really? lets look at what the fundamentals of a full back (which Wynne is) should be...

-ability to cut down space and options for attacking player : check
-keep attacker to the outside and do not commit in order to prevent getting caught flat-footed: can't remember the last time a guy deeked around Wynne without at least getting taken down
-provide offensive support as an overlapping winger able to put in a low or high cross to strikers/midfielders: check

and the fundamentals of an outside midfielder including covering back for an attacking defender who after a play is caught up the field. so if Wynne tries to create a scoring chance (which our so called "attacking players" can't do) and is caught of position with no one left...its actually not his fault

learn a bit about soccer fundamentals before you throw out big words

giambac
07-31-2008, 03:01 PM

Wynne has greatvspeed and is solidtackler. I think Carver should explore the possibility of using him as a wide midfielder.

however that would take some creativity (thinking outside the Box), so we maybe asking to much from Carver.

giambac
07-31-2008, 03:18 PM
lack of fundamentals? really? lets look at what the fundamentals of a full back (which Wynne is) should be...

-keep attacker to the outside and do not commit in order to prevent getting caught flat-footed: can't remember the last time a guy deeked around Wynne without at least getting taken down
-provide offensive support as an overlapping winger able to put in a low or high cross to strikers/midfielders: check

and the fundamentals of an outside midfielder including covering back for an attacking defender who after a play is caught up the field. so if Wynne tries to create a scoring chance (which our so called "attacking players" can't do) and is caught of position with no one left...its actually not his fault

The problem with Wynn is that sometimes becasue of his speed etc he makes it look so simple that people don't appreciate him.

I mean how can you knock a player who continously runs up and down the wing and never lets up. He jumps in the play and creates cahnces. Then he always hussles back and covers his man.

A defensive liabilty? And exactly how many goals has he casued. I mean if anything he makes up for the defensive lapses of Valez and marshall at times.

Wynn on a better team, Wynn on a team who had a coach with a system and knew how to use him and his strenghts would be a superstar. There is a reason why he is on the US olympic team. At the same time he is still young and will continue to get stronger.

On occasion when Wynn runs up the wings and joins in the attack I get flashes of Zambrotta and Grosso.

trane
07-31-2008, 03:22 PM

How about being in the right positions, how about not being caught to far from the box, how about interesptic a pass before it becomes a problem instead of chasing an attacker backward, and then being penalized, how about not pushing a player with two hands in plane view of the ref, how about defending on the correct side of a player, how about simply being able to read the fucking play? HOW IS THAT FOR FUNDAMENTAL DEFENDING

Big Bruva
07-31-2008, 03:33 PM
I agree mate, Robbo's job gets no spotlight.

He is does a very good job of always being available and passes the ball very well oh and not forgetting his ball winning ability.

13CP
07-31-2008, 03:35 PM
I agree mate, Robbo's job gets no spotlight.

He is does a very good job of always being available and passes the ball very well oh and not forgetting his ball winning ability.

Agreed. I don't believe that Robbo gets enough credit for what he does.

Big Bruva
07-31-2008, 03:35 PM
lol Robbo has not played up to the level he can in the last couple games imo and the Chicago game stands out BUT you can say that about every player.

Marv hussles well as we all know but he is still very raw and that shows in his positioning, passing and his touches.

Big Bruva
07-31-2008, 03:37 PM
Not me or most of the TFC fans lol

I actually love it like i have said before coz you need those kinda people.

Probably, but who really gives a shit!:rolleyes::D

Big Bruva
07-31-2008, 03:38 PM
lol thats why your posting on here

i obviously have to go back to basics with you....yes you're right..we are all human and we all make mistakes.
But if you wanna tell me that rohan ricketts deserves to even START on this team than you are seriously delusional.
The same thing happened with Welsh last year....the guy didn't know his head from his ass, yet Mo kept starting him until FINALLY they dropped his lame ass
Here's some perspective, until we stop hiring British managers, British coaches, and British players all the time, this team is gonna be doomed to failure. Lets look at the home grown talent. Heck lets look at the 2 USL teams that made us look stupid these past 4 games we played them.
Who cares if he doesn't act stupid on Toronto FC TV

Big Bruva
07-31-2008, 03:41 PM
Neither Carlton or Anton or family.

Anton and Rio are from my area but not related.

If i could get Anton here i would but that ain't happening and for sure not for now lol

you going to recruit you whole family?

TFC07
07-31-2008, 03:44 PM
Ricketts has been one of the better players on this team. I agree who said Sutton has been best player for us.

Bluenose13
07-31-2008, 03:46 PM
Who cares if he doesn't act stupid on Toronto FC TVYou have to read a lot of shit on this board before you reach the pinnacle like this post........One of the most idiotic posts I have read on this board in a long time & you try to pass yourself off like you know what you are talking about.......Try bowling or lawn darts I think you may know something about those sports.

zeelaw
07-31-2008, 03:53 PM
My god no! I find him as frustrating as Cunningham at times!

He's like the guy at the pitch at your local rec league. Has a mind like Pele, but feet like Titus Bramble.

Big Bruva
07-31-2008, 03:59 PM
I can respect this post 100%

Like i said before Ro in a sense should be up there for losing the ball the most coz he is a player that takes risks and tries to create.

The only other players that should be up there in regards to losing the ball is Amado but even he is a player that creates by giving a brilliant through ball etc

Laurent is more of a long passer and a lot of times will cross as soon as he gets it (not always by choice) Laurents legs are not what they used to be so his ability to beat players how he used to is not there although he will always have a brilliant tounch, pass and shot etc

A teams strikers should be the players that lose the ball the most but on TFC Danny will never take a man on coz thats not his game, he is a back to goal hold it up, lay it off and get in the box and try and win a header type striker which means he should not be losing it that much and there really is not anyone else to mention aprt from Jeff lol

An example that comes to mind right now is in the RSL match on Monday i saw 3 men try to get the ball off Ro in between the corner falg and the goal and Ro could of played safe maybe and tried to turn back and pass just to keep the ball but no he took them on coz he was near goal and got past them and crossed for a chance that maybe should of been burried (creative risk)

I'm not upset at all.

Must say that I don't agree however. Although I'm pleased with the way RR has come around lately he isn;'t the best player on this team. I mean the guy has 4 goals (2nd on the team, but that isn't saying much). How many times has he blown 2 on 1 , 3 on 1 and even clear cut breakaways. In my opinion I would rate them as follows

1) Guevera
2) Sutton
3) Wynn
4) Ricketts
5) Brennan

The rest of the players aren't worth ranking and they can all be cut or traded. It wouldn't affect the team one way or another.

canadian_bhoy
07-31-2008, 04:12 PM
I can respect this post 100%

Like i said before Ro in a sense should be up there for losing the ball the most coz he is a player that takes risks and tries to create.

The only other players that should be up there in regards to losing the ball is Amado but even he is a player that creates by giving a brilliant through ball etc

Laurent is more of a long passer and a lot of times will cross as soon as he gets it (not always by choice) Laurents legs are not what they used to be so his ability to beat players how he used to is not there although he will always have a brilliant tounch, pass and shot etc

A teams strikers should be the players that lose the ball the most but on TFC Danny will never take a man on coz thats not his game, he is a back to goal hold it up, lay it off and get in the box and try and win a header type striker which means he should not be losing it that much and there really is not anyone else to mention aprt from Jeff lol

An example that comes to mind right now is in the RSL match on Monday i saw 3 men try to get the ball off Ro in between the corner falg and the goal and Ro could of played safe maybe and tried to turn back and pass just to keep the ball but no he took them on coz he was near goal and got past them and crossed for a chance that maybe should of been burried (creative risk)

One of the bright spots of the match. (I think that led to Robert off the bar if I'm not mistaken).

This team has done so much hoofing of it up the park (without a target man!!!!! why!!!) Its refreshing to see someone like RR try to beat a couple of men and keep it on the deck.

As Ali G would say: "Massive big ups and nuff reeeespect to ma main man, mista Rohan Ricketts! BOH!"

PS: Bruv - give this message to RR for me. MLS keepers are sh!t, skin a couple of chump defenders and have a go from distance. RR goal from 25 out then runs to 112 to celebrate = AWESOME.

AL-MO
07-31-2008, 04:15 PM
I'm not upset at all.

1) Guevera
2) Sutton
3) Wynn
4) Ricketts
5) Brennan

Before I continue I like Wynne and what he brings to the team, but I think at times people think he is better than he actually is....alot of people last season were saying they could see him playing in the Premiership, which i think is a stretch. I like Wynne's speed, and how hard he plays the game, i just don't see alot of 'skill' there, he is a 'butcher' at times...Defence is more than just blazing speed...but I still like what he brings.

EDIT: Oh yeah and how many times has he thrown a 'body check' during the game...sign him up for the Leafs!

VoxPopuliCosmicum
07-31-2008, 04:27 PM
PS: Bruv - give this message to RR for me. MLS keepers are sh!t, skin a couple of chump defenders and have a go from distance. RR goal from 25 out then runs to 112 to celebrate = AWESOME.
Sorry, C_B, Rohan's already made clear who he likes to celebrate with.

http://64.13.252.151/forums/picture.php?albumid=85&pictureid=377

TFC RealDeal RPB
07-31-2008, 05:58 PM
he always gives it his all no matter what, he has more energy and heart then anyone on this squad.
anyone else wanna add to this?
I don't think so. I'll i can say is MARVELL WYNNE.MARVELL WYNNE MARVELL WYNNE............... this guy has the most heart, lost of energy and has played ever min up untill Monday b/c he is playing with USA :taz::hump::taz::hump:

Cambridge_Red
07-31-2008, 06:01 PM
RR at the moment is our best player without a doubt.

jloome
07-31-2008, 06:05 PM

Ricketts blows GOATS!!

Time to add one more moron to the ignore list. Shit, even Carver has called out wynne publicly for his terrible positioning. I seriously think you need to go watch some game film.

Draracle
07-31-2008, 06:17 PM
Wynne has wicked speed, but the rest of his game is average at best. But on speed alone he is worth starting. But as BB said, his position is almost always off (perhaps because his speed has allowed it), and his passing and shooting isn't spectacular. Often he will resort to the easy layoff to RR.

I still think Wynne is a great asset. Once he reaches top speed, no one can catch him or out run him, and he will nerf the skills of even the greatest players. Try gaining position or picking off the ball at those speeds -- all your energy is devoted to running and your balance is shit.

sidney
07-31-2008, 06:18 PM
...at the moment, his consistent effort, spark, and play (not to mention his great goals and assists), yes, he is my favourite TFC-player too!

giambac
07-31-2008, 06:19 PM
Time to add one more moron to the ignore list. Shit, even Carver has called out wynne publicly for his terrible positioning. I seriously think you need to go watch some game film.

Okay now I know you know Fuck all about football. We just had a good chuckle. y 2 of my buddies who play for Italia Roma in the Niagara league are over and they got quit the chuckle also

Your rationale is that Carver calls out Wynn so he is terrible. Carver is at the root of our problems. You expect us to rate a player on what Carver says :noidea:,

Carver has called out everyone

Cunny, wynn, Brennan, Mo Johnson, Rickets, Robert etc etc etc etc........

Fuck he even crticized his own mother and grandmother.

The only person he hasn't criticized is himself and hiis lover back home.

Draracle
07-31-2008, 06:23 PM
Okay now I know you know Fuck all about football. We just had a good chuckle. y 2 of my buddies who play for Italia Roma in the Niagara league are over and they got quit the chuckle also

Your rationale is that Carver calls out Wynn so he is terrible. Carver is at the root of our problems. You expect us to rate a player on what Carver says :noidea:,

Carver has called out everyone

Cunny, wynn, Brennan, Mo Johnson, Rickets, Robert etc etc etc etc........

Fuck he even crticized his own mother and grandmother.

The only person he hasn't criticized is himself and hiis lover back home.

actually he has criticized himself. I don't think would dare criticize his wife.... I don't see how she relates to this.

giambac
07-31-2008, 06:28 PM
actually he has criticized himself. I don't think would dare criticize his wife.... I don't see how she relates to this.

His lover back home???????? Read between the lines......

Draracle
07-31-2008, 06:39 PM
His lover back home???????? Read between the lines......
are you implying that he is gay? or that being gay is somehow bad, or worthy of insult. Because that is the only other way I see your comment, and I really didn't want to read it that way.

jloome
07-31-2008, 06:48 PM

This guy's just a specious arguer, dude. I never once said he was terrible, but that, of course, has what this guy has morphed it into. I said his positioning made him a defensive liability in every game. Plus, who gives a shit who his friends play for?

giambac
07-31-2008, 06:55 PM
are you implying that he is gay? or that being gay is somehow bad, or worthy of insult. Because that is the only other way I see your comment, and I really didn't want to read it that way.

Nothing wrong with being gay. each to their own. I respect everyone. :)

I'm not saying anything. All I said is that i never heard him criticize his lover. He has however criticized everyone else in the world.

trane
07-31-2008, 08:04 PM
I like Wynne, he has potential and he plays hard, but how can anybody watching a TFC game say that he is not poor positionaly. I can not remember a game in which we lost and were he did not get himslef caught, either having to run back and foul or leaving a 3 on 2 or worse at the back. I have listed his other issues before. I find it hard to believe that someone will acctualy serisouly tell me that he is a positionaly sound player.

I also find it hard to believe that people playing in what I have to assume is an Italian Style/Team system think he is good positionaly, he would be benched on a Serie B team, if he were caught out of position so often as he is.

dupont
07-31-2008, 08:06 PM
I find him as frustrating as Cunningham at times!

hey now! you may think he's a bad player but watch the language! Using the "C" word was really unnecessary!

Baggio2TFC
07-31-2008, 08:54 PM
Dude, that's my Facebook pic. Thanks for the compliment!!

As for my MVP, has to be Wynne, the most consistant player out there, game in and game out!!:canada:

Roogsy
07-31-2008, 11:26 PM
Dude, that's my Facebook pic. Thanks for the compliment!!

As for my MVP, has to be Wynne, the most consistant player out there, game in and game out!!:canada:

Consistently out of position.

Dude...seriously...I love Wynne. But we are loving his "speed" and not his football smarts. He needs to work on that a hell of a lot more and not count on his speed as much, because once he gets close to 30 and his speed start to go...he is going to be a shit defender.

Case in point: Fouling that player in the box in...what was it? Chicago? New England? Wynne is so much fun to watch and has some great characteristics as a player...but also has major flaws.

1) Can't shoot for shit. That's why he has ZERO goals when guys like Velez do.
2) Can't cross. Somebody suggested he be made a wide midfielder...yeah sure...but who's gonne cross the balls in? Whoever made that suggestion really showed football ignorance. Imagine that...putting some guy on the wing who can't cross. Why don't we just put Guevara in goal as well? :rolleyes:
3) Gets caught out of position consistently and only makes up for it because of his speed, but in doing so, risks fouling players much more often than others.

For these reasons above...Ricketts is exponentially a better player than Wynne...at least for now. He doens't have Wynne's physical attributes but his footy skills are generations ahead.

Now...if Wynne could catch up skills-wise...he would not only be an All Star...he'd be in Europe. I hope Wynne continues to improve.

But Rohan Ricketts has contributed game in game out since he got here. And he cares. Sorry...but I can't put Wynne's contributions this year against Ricketts...there is simply no comparison.

iansmcl
08-01-2008, 12:10 AM
^^^ The penalty he conceded was in DC United, I believe.

I'm a huge Wynne fan, I think he has potential to be one of the more exciting players on the pitch (think back to last year against Colorado when he set up Dichio's goal) but he has defensive lapses. He allowed crosses on both goals that New England scored against us earlier this year because he was too far out of position to close down... everything else has been mentioned.

Ricketts I enjoy watching as well. I think he should look for the pass a little more often but he has the skill to look MLS defense look like a joke a lot of the time. And does he give it up a lot? Yes, he does. But he's also marked by two, even three people a lot of the time he gets the ball.

MVP = Dichio... though, by the way and I'm not the biggest fan of his. I'd like to see the team's record with and without him throughout both seasons we've existed.

Flipityflu
08-01-2008, 12:20 AM
for what its worth, i certainly think that Rohan has been the best on the pitch in the last 6 or so games.

NateDoGG
08-01-2008, 12:51 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Exe6btEjWU
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z6hOYcEGBlI
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qfNecr7fUb4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F9rhwRMDG6Q

my fav player.]

TOP CLASS

Big Bruva
08-01-2008, 01:00 PM
lol ill tell him or i might not coz then he might try it lol

One of the bright spots of the match. (I think that led to Robert off the bar if I'm not mistaken).

This team has done so much hoofing of it up the park (without a target man!!!!! why!!!) Its refreshing to see someone like RR try to beat a couple of men and keep it on the deck.

As Ali G would say: "Massive big ups and nuff reeeespect to ma main man, mista Rohan Ricketts! BOH!"

NateDoGG
08-01-2008, 01:25 PM
i dunno about taking shots from way out, id let robert do that, RR is perfect when he is in his office in the corner of 18yard box ;), see my videos above for examples ;)

Roogsy
08-01-2008, 01:27 PM
Somebody needs to do it. I don't know if there is a stat on this somewhere, but we HAVE to be the worst at taking chances from outside the box.

Every opponent we have tries at least once or twice a game...Rolfe even got a goal out of it. Us? I can't remember the last time we tried except for maybe Robbo who always sends them sailing over the bar by 10 yards. Get them on point and there is always an opportunity for a goal, either with the shot itself, or with the (hopefully) rebound.

Big Bruva
08-01-2008, 03:34 PM
Sutton has been brilliant so far this season, one or two minor errors but every keeper will have them.

Wynne is young and has a lot of potential and has a lot of time to grow. He does rely on his pace and thats what bails him out when he gets caught out of position a lot of times and then you will often see Marv gets the fans on his side coz he has ran back and won the ball back but really TFC need Marv to prevent the desperate run back by being in position (obviously not saying this happens every time). Once Marv works on his passing, crossing and touch more he will be even better than he is now by miles and that might see him leave the US and go to europe.

Ro like i said went through a lil dip and for me and many others has been one of the better players the last 4-5 matches.

ilikemusic
08-01-2008, 07:16 PM
Sutton has been huge, but hes the keeper so for the sake of argument about outfield skill I wont say hes our 'best player'.

For what its worth I would say Ricketts and Guevara are probably a close 1 and 2, or more like 1a 1b. As far as losing the ball goes BB, obviously, BB knows what hes talking about. By nature their going to lose the ball more. If they didnt lose it sometimes we would never create anything.

As was posted earlier I think, Ricketts, Guevara, Sutton, and to a lesser extent Brennan and Wynne, are the only indispensable members of this squad right now.

I know its sac religious and will get your intelligence insulted to say the slightest negative about Robinson but in my mind hes just simply not that good. The number of times (especially in the Montreal game) where he waits for the ball to come to him only to be caught completely unaware by an opposing player sneaking up form behind and losing the ball is just unacceptable.

Dirk Diggler
08-01-2008, 07:31 PM
MLS keepers are shit? Yeah, maybe that is why MLS teams are constantly exporting keepers to the Prem. They're all shit.

I_AM_CANADIAN
08-01-2008, 07:58 PM
He's certainly our most on-form player at the moment, and he's one of our best.

Big Bruva
08-01-2008, 08:32 PM
lol same thing i thought when i first saw people putting Sutton up on here.

Sutton has been huge, but hes the keeper so for the sake of argument about outfield skill I wont say hes our 'best player'.

For what its worth I would say Ricketts and Guevara are probably a close 1 and 2, or more like 1a 1b. As far as losing the ball goes BB, obviously, BB knows what hes talking about. By nature their going to lose the ball more. If they didnt lose it sometimes we would never create anything.

As was posted earlier I think, Ricketts, Guevara, Sutton, and to a lesser extent Brennan and Wynne, are the only indispensable members of this squad right now.

I know its sac religious and will get your intelligence insulted to say the slightest negative about Robinson but in my mind hes just simply not that good. The number of times (especially in the Montreal game) where he waits for the ball to come to him only to be caught completely unaware by an opposing player sneaking up form behind and losing the ball is just unacceptable.

Big Bruva
08-01-2008, 08:35 PM
He's certainly our most on-form player at the moment, and he's one of our best.

I would go with this, i would say he is top 1 or 2 if we are talking about best players right NOW

Jimmy The Saint
08-01-2008, 08:56 PM
ROTFLMFAO at this thread.

No football player is perfect. Pele made mistakes in his day. The portugese wonder stutter stepped himself into infmay. Lampard oh lord!

RR is playing wicked and he has mad skillz, no doubt.

Wynne is a defensive liability? Man. Shit. Defensive issues on TFC? You have to be kidding right? :rolleyes:

He plays more of a left side rover position than a full back. The guy will hunt you down, take your ball and if you complain about it he'll give you a classic 2 handed greeting, Poway style.

Playing with guys that hang him out to dry every time he tries to create; Marshall and Velez...now there are 2 suspect defesive players for the TFC.

Marvell and Rohan have made some spectacular, fast and exciting plays up the field this season.

I would suspect that if we took a look at the paltry 22 goals against we have, you'd see that most of them have nothing to do with Wynne being out of position.

Willing to review the footage over the next few days - 22 goals is not all that hard to review.

FluSH
08-01-2008, 11:28 PM

my fav player.]

TOP CLASS

Holy shit... that goal vs Coventry was Spectacular!! If he shoots from distance like that I see another 5 goals on his sheet here in the MLS...

I_AM_CANADIAN
08-02-2008, 09:04 AM
Wynne is a bit like Paolo Maldini in his earlier years, everyone forgets that Maldini made his fair share of defensive errors because at the end of his career he moved into the centre of the defence and never pushed forward, but he started many an attacking move by pushing up the left wing. People on here have too much of a tendency to copy that whole Leaf fan thing of judging a player's ability based on one or two games or even a couple minutes of a game.

And about Robinson, people don't appreciate the quality he brings to the team. You can't expect him to be a Gattuso or Albertini and be able to do EVERYTHING, but after all, this is MLS, and he's probably the best holding midfielder in the league, after Shalrie Joseph.

jloome
08-02-2008, 12:32 PM
Man, I really like Marvell Wynne, but I think the people defending him on here aren't paying attention to the defensive end of his game. I'm going to count the number of times he's caught out by Dallas and note the exact times in the game, becuase it's so obvious it's glaring.

ag futbol
08-02-2008, 12:48 PM
Man, I really like Marvell Wynne, but I think the people defending him on here aren't paying attention to the defensive end of his game. I'm going to count the number of times he's caught out by Dallas and note the exact times in the game, becuase it's so obvious it's glaring.
Have to agree, and I count myself as a big Wynn fan. He'll continue to get smarter over time.

I think we're losing some perspective here about the defensive quality of our players compared to our style of play. We generally have at least two stay at home centre backs and in front of them we have two defensive midfielders. Compare that to a number of teams in MLS who generally play one holder and one AM. The defenders are also much more dynamic when they are going forward.

We are a very defensive minded team. We play conservative and don't give up many goals. When it comes to the individual skill of our defenders, it isn't great at all.

King Tut
08-03-2008, 04:58 AM
You're a braver man than I am. I wanted to say Sutton is our best player, but with most people having a hard-on for the offensive players, I thought I'd be laughed down. :p

I have to give credit to Sutton. I thought he was somewhat clumsy last year, but this season, he's been amazing and deserved a spot in the All-Star team. He improved alot and has been solid for TFC. Sutton has been key to Toronto FC this season. He stops one-on-one's, he is good in the air (with the exception of a few fuck ups on crosses) and has been showing some amazing reflexes. His save in Chicago (upper left corner) is a prime example of that. IMHO, he's MVP easily.

bhoybobby
08-03-2008, 11:11 AM
If RR is our best player then we're fucked. All I see from this guys is inconsistent play & as yet, unrealized potential.

For TFC to succeed, he & a few others need to step it up. I think that's why he's not in England anymore, too inconsistent.

Suuton is our best player, followed by DD, who we are fucked without.

jloome
08-03-2008, 12:04 PM
Have to agree, and I count myself as a big Wynn fan. He'll continue to get smarter over time.

I think we're losing some perspective here about the defensive quality of our players compared to our style of play. We generally have at least two stay at home centre backs and in front of them we have two defensive midfielders. Compare that to a number of teams in MLS who generally play one holder and one AM. The defenders are also much more dynamic when they are going forward.

We are a very defensive minded team. We play conservative and don't give up many goals. When it comes to the individual skill of our defenders, it isn't great at all.

Wynne's still a kid, too. His upside is huge once they iron some of the tactical stuff out.

jloome
08-03-2008, 12:08 PM
ROTFLMFAO at this thread.

No football player is perfect. Pele made mistakes in his day. The portugese wonder stutter stepped himself into infmay. Lampard oh lord!

RR is playing wicked and he has mad skillz, no doubt.

Wynne is a defensive liability? Man. Shit. Defensive issues on TFC? You have to be kidding right? :rolleyes:

He plays more of a left side rover position than a full back. The guy will hunt you down, take your ball and if you complain about it he'll give you a classic 2 handed greeting, Poway style.

Playing with guys that hang him out to dry every time he tries to create; Marshall and Velez...now there are 2 suspect defesive players for the TFC.

Marvell and Rohan have made some spectacular, fast and exciting plays up the field this season.

I would suspect that if we took a look at the paltry 22 goals against we have, you'd see that most of them have nothing to do with Wynne being out of position.

Willing to review the footage over the next few days - 22 goals is not all that hard to review.

If you've got the time, I'll take that bet. I figure his necessity to track back after being caught too far up pitch has contributed to about a quarter of our goals against. Yeah, I think you could find six cases at least where Wynne has either; a) let the guy in too far back and hasn't been able to recover before he crossed the ball; b) let the guy in too far back, and was able to use his speed to track back -- but not before the lack of closure on the player with the ball has allowed the entire opposing team to push into offensive positions and c) simply not picked up his guy in time at all, forcing Marco Velez to try and shift and cover two positions at once.

And it's not just Wynne; Jimmy B's been guilty of this quite a few times too.

Big Bruva
08-03-2008, 12:11 PM
lol i think he's not in England coz he chose to come to Canada instead lol

If RR is our best player then we're fucked. All I see from this guys is inconsistent play & as yet, unrealized potential.

For TFC to succeed, he & a few others need to step it up. I think that's why he's not in England anymore, too inconsistent.

Suuton is our best player, followed by DD, who we are fucked without.

Rossiroo
08-03-2008, 06:40 PM
Brennan

ricciboy
08-03-2008, 10:38 PM
he is the best

MG42
08-03-2008, 10:49 PM
he played a good game today...he looked pissed after the final whistle...one of the few who looks like they care when we lose.

TFC RealDeal RPB
08-04-2008, 08:17 AM
Consistently out of position.

Dude...seriously...I love Wynne. But we are loving his "speed" and not his football smarts. He needs to work on that a hell of a lot more and not count on his speed as much, because once he gets close to 30 and his speed start to go...he is going to be a shit defender.

Case in point: Fouling that player in the box in...what was it? Chicago? New England? Wynne is so much fun to watch and has some great characteristics as a player...but also has major flaws.

1) Can't shoot for shit. That's why he has ZERO goals when guys like Velez do.
2) Can't cross. Somebody suggested he be made a wide midfielder...yeah sure...but who's gonne cross the balls in? Whoever made that suggestion really showed football ignorance. Imagine that...putting some guy on the wing who can't cross. Why don't we just put Guevara in goal as well? :rolleyes:
3) Gets caught out of position consistently and only makes up for it because of his speed, but in doing so, risks fouling players much more often than others.

For these reasons above...Ricketts is exponentially a better player than Wynne...at least for now. He doens't have Wynne's physical attributes but his footy skills are generations ahead.

Now...if Wynne could catch up skills-wise...he would not only be an All Star...he'd be in Europe. I hope Wynne continues to improve.

But Rohan Ricketts has contributed game in game out since he got here. And he cares. Sorry...but I can't put Wynne's contributions this year against Ricketts...there is simply no comparison.
Have u seen the last two games without Wynne, they keep coming down the right side and blowin by who ever we put there. Wynne is only 22, yes he can improve but if u ask me without him in the lineup the right side is SHIT! oh and were 0-2 without Wynne in the lineup

TFC RealDeal RPB
08-04-2008, 08:24 AM

my fav player.]

TOP CLASS
Nice goals but why can't he do that more.For a guy who played in the EPL he should be on the goal sheet more no. SHOOT! SHOOT! SHOOT!

I_AM_CANADIAN
08-04-2008, 09:14 AM
He's a bloody winger, he's not expected to bang in three goals a game.

And he's only been in this league a couple months. When you take everything into account, Ricketts has been outstanding.

mike_bouma
08-04-2008, 09:21 AM
If we're voting on which is our best 65 minute player RR gets my vote. If its our best 90 minute player I gotta go with Sutton. Solid in between the posts.

NateDoGG
08-04-2008, 05:26 PM
If we're voting on which is our best 65 minute player RR gets my vote. If its our best 90 minute player I gotta go with Sutton. Solid in between the posts.

RR is also the best player in the last 15 mins of every game...

bhoybobby
08-04-2008, 09:11 PM
RR is also the best player in the last 15 mins of every game...

He's a nice lad, very overrated & inconsistent. Done fuck all to justify the hype that came when he signed. Both RR & the French fry have been disappointing to date.

If they don't improve their game(s) I doubt TFC will succeed. They are very expensive passengers on a ho hum team

mike_bouma
08-04-2008, 09:41 PM
He's a nice lad, very overrated & inconsistent. Done fuck all to justify the hype that came when he signed. Both RR & the French fry have been disappointing to date.

If they don't improve their game(s) I doubt TFC will succeed. They are very expensive passengers on a ho hum team
I buy that. I really do like Ricketts, he makes it easy to, and he does show the skills at times, but he is inconsistent and didn't show any staying power earlier in the season. He's been looking better from a fitness level lately and I just plain like seeing him with the ball. Still not getting my vote for MVP though.