PDA

View Full Version : 50%

Roogsy
07-30-2008, 09:33 PM
So this website puts Toronto and LA at pretty much a 50% shot at making the playoffs. I have to say in their case, I concur. Toronto has to do something to get them over the hump. Barrett coming on might be a good thing, but landing Dickov might be what pushes them over.

However...LA really needs to make a push. It is bad for the league and ratings to have the Galaxy out of the playoffs. Both because of the market and because Beckham is needed for the added ratings.

http://www.sportsclubstats.com/USA/MLS.html

flatpicker
07-30-2008, 09:38 PM
given the level playing field in this league, I would think every team has a 50/50 chance until about the last 2 games of the season!

RealG-TFC
07-30-2008, 09:41 PM
Dream Final would be La vs. TFC so the whole world could watch TFC hoist the cup!!

Roogsy
07-30-2008, 09:42 PM
Dream Final would be La vs. TFC so the whole world could watch TFC hoist the cup!!

SEXY EXPLOSION TIME! VERY NICE!

http://www.nypress.com/images/borat_cannes_2.jpg

Beach_Red
07-30-2008, 09:44 PM
You know, I actually saw a guy weearing that on the beach this week.

RealG-TFC
07-30-2008, 09:46 PM
You know, I actually saw a guy weearing that on the beach this week.

:rofl: did you give him a "high five!"

flatpicker
07-30-2008, 09:47 PM
I don't get it???
Why would a man wear something like that???
What is the purpose of it???!!!!

Beach_Red
07-30-2008, 09:56 PM
My dog barked at him and he smirked at me. How can you take someone seriously in that outfit smirking?

A couple weeks ago I saw a guy on the beach wearing a sock over his dick.

Once, once in fifteen years living in The Beaches have I seen a topless woman.

flatpicker
07-30-2008, 10:11 PM
^ there is no justice in the world!

Corpand
07-30-2008, 10:39 PM
Twice, twice in 4 years living close to the Beaches have I seen a fully naked man.

Not cool, not cool at all.

ilikemusic
07-30-2008, 10:42 PM
given the level playing field in this league, I would think every team has a 50/50 chance until about the last 2 games of the season!

Basically.

NateDoGG
07-30-2008, 10:56 PM
TFC Will Make The Playoffs.

Fort York Redcoat
07-31-2008, 07:36 AM
Until LA are league leaders I just can't see them as a big threat. I can hate on them for the breaks they get but until it actually helps them they won't be big bad LA for me.

TFC will turn it around...

nascarguy
07-31-2008, 11:08 AM
SEXY EXPLOSION TIME! VERY NICE!

http://www.nypress.com/images/borat_cannes_2.jpg

oh my god no :eek::eek::eek::eek:
my eyes i can't see .....lol

nascarguy
07-31-2008, 11:08 AM
Twice, twice in 4 years living close to the Beaches have I seen a fully naked man.

Not cool, not cool at all.
why do you look...

Draracle
07-31-2008, 11:18 AM
we are in trouble. We have developed a cult of loosing and even in the tight games we have found a way to honour our leader. I hope we can land a DP, as that could be the spark of hope which snaps this funk. But I think we are getting a crash course in how hard it is convince a quality player to come to the MLS and play in Canada. Especially with our turf -- defend it or hate it, top Euro players have played their careers on grass and don't like fake turf.

As for LA, home of two players I love to boo, I really hope they make the playoffs. LA is an attention getter. And the more they play the more fans the MLS earns. Beckham was the perfect player, in the perfect situation, with the perfect wife, for the MLS. It has been a perfect storm -- and too Beckham's credit, he has done a supurb job of promoting the league and playing his heart out. I boo him, I mock those who wear his jersey, but deep down I thank the football gods that he is here.

I would also like to see NYRB make cut over the Crew. The Crew are a lost cause, the MLS needs to cut the dead weight to grow the healthy teams. Too bad TV rights are the primary focus, so a team everywhere, regardless of fan support, is the goal. And teams in Canada mean jackshit because they don't raise the value of the ESPN contract.