PDA

View Full Version : Other MLS Games - May 12 - May 14

OgtheDim
05-12-2017, 10:09 AM
Friday

Vancouver @ Houston 9pm - The two upcoming teams in the West. Game time temps only 28 degrees so not hot yet. I'm thinking the Houston counter is going to be too strong for the Caps. 3-1 for the home team

Saturday

San Jose @ Colorado 4pm - :Yawn: 1-1

Columbus @ Montreal 5pm - CBus is going to be mentally still upset about Wednesday. 2-0 for the home team

Philly @ DCU 7pm - Union with a win last week but DCU is ticked. 2-1 for DCU

SKC @ Orlando 7pm - both teams coming of dissapointing results of late but home field advantage for the Lions is still big. 3-1 for the Purple Ones

RSL @ NER 7:30pm - RSL's new DP versus a defence that really isn't that good. Lots of goals. 3-2 for NER

Seattle @ Chicago 9 pm - rare Saturday night ESPN game. Fire need this one more then Seattle does. 2-2 draw.

Sunday

Atlanta @ Portland 4pm - If Atlanta is going to turn around this season, they need to look better in games like this. Sooo......2-0 for Portland.

LAG @ NYRB 6pm - The mighty LAG have fallen far but a lot of that is because they insist on playing Jermaine Jones. He's out injured. LAG goes in as underdogs. 2-2 draw.

NYCFC @ Dallas 9pm - Going to be a warm one and maybe Villa can take it but most of that NYCFC is going to be chasing very quick shadows. 4-1 for FCD

flatpicker
05-12-2017, 09:10 PM
I turned on the Houston v Vancouver game.
Been watching for about 20 mins.
It's so difficult listening to this guy speak (Kristian Jack?)
Every time I hear him I think, "nobody actually talks like this!"
"CONtrol", "CONcerned", "CONtain", "CONclusion"...

Oh, and the game is boring.

OgtheDim
05-13-2017, 05:38 AM
That was Terry Dunfield

bigredone
05-13-2017, 09:43 AM
Always enjoy this thread, thanks Og.

Mtl at Cbus just makes me ill. Always good to see Mtl get slaughtered, but the Cbus points would not feel good either. It is one of those that's life​ situations.

OgtheDim
05-13-2017, 08:20 PM
Philly crushed DCU in DC. NER doing the same to RSL, but at home.

The game between Orlando & SKC was pretty good to watch.

Oh, and CBUs giving the dagger in extra time to Montreal.

Detroit_TFC
05-13-2017, 10:30 PM
Chicago, in front of a crowd of 20K at Toyota Park, wrecked Seattle bad.

As shocking and unbelievable as it is, it is correct and accurate.

I wonder if they are pinching themselves as hard as we did ourselves last season.

James17930
05-14-2017, 12:57 AM
Why can't Houston draw better crowds? They've got a good team in a great stadium in a good location ... I don't get it.

Auzzy
05-14-2017, 01:29 AM
Crazy number of goals Saturday in aggregate if you look at all the games.

UpTheReds
05-14-2017, 07:58 AM
How did Seattle make it to the final last season let alone make the playoffs? They are horrible!

OgtheDim
05-14-2017, 08:23 AM
Lodeiro had a very good season last year and he didn't have to compete with Dempsey for ball time.

This season, Dempsey came back but he's a tad slower. Teams have figured out Morris has only one foot. Seattle's only answer is to put up crosses and if you have a decent CB crew, you'll take that all game.

More importantly, Alonso and Marshal both got slower. That defence can be had.

CBTFC
05-14-2017, 07:01 PM
Mike Grella with a completely awful challenge in the box against LAG, which allows them to go up 3-0 in the 79' minute.

Red Bull Arena is empty and lifeless as usual...what a waste of a fantastic stadium.

OgtheDim
05-14-2017, 07:58 PM
Just 3 years ago, that match was called the 1% derby. LAG may come back again as they have a ton of money behind them but Red Bull seems reluctant to spend $ on players.

UpTheReds
05-14-2017, 08:17 PM
Results have so far gone out way this weekend. It would be nice to see Dallas and NYCFC draw. Dallas is up 1-0 right now.

flatpicker
05-14-2017, 09:24 PM
Results have so far gone out way this weekend. It would be nice to see Dallas and NYCFC draw. Dallas is up 1-0 right now.

Success! 1-1
Nice result for us.

SirBobSaget
05-14-2017, 11:00 PM
Success! 1-1
Nice result for us.
Yep perfect results. Split points between a divisional contender and an MLS Cup host contender.

General Woolfe
05-15-2017, 01:55 AM
Pretty much a perfect round of results for us this weekend that leaves us with a six point lead in both the East and SS race. Yes, Orlando and Houston can draw level, and Dallas can overtake us IF they win their games in hand, however I'd rather have the points in the bag that have them still to win. It's a great spot for us to be in a third of the way into the season, here's hoping we can maintain this pace and go all the way this season to both a MLS Cup and Supporters Shield triumph. I don't know about you, but for me, it's the only thing that will erase the pain of last December.

:scarf:

Fort York Redcoat
05-15-2017, 10:07 AM
Always enjoy this thread, thanks Og.

Mtl at Cbus just makes me ill. Always good to see Mtl get slaughtered, but the Cbus points would not feel good either. It is one of those that's life​ situations.

I like it. I know one of them will be gutted.