PDA

View Full Version : Away -Ottawa May 23rd Voyageurs Cup

scampbell_27
05-11-2017, 09:51 AM
Hey,

So TFC gets the short trip up the 401 for the Canadian Championship Semi-Final on Tues May 23rd.

I have spoken with the fury reps. Away support tickets are 20$ each. you can get them by emailing mweese@oseg.ca . He will be the away support coordinator for this match.

Hope to see you there. I will post something about a pregame pub in a few days.

Sean

flatpicker
05-11-2017, 10:08 AM
Are there many people headed to the game?

scampbell_27
05-11-2017, 10:11 AM
no idea. figured I would post the info for those interested

fergiejr
05-11-2017, 10:55 AM
Looking very closely at this one as an over-night.

Via Rail there and back the next day for $122.

Or, book an extra-long weekend in Ottawa. :-)

Canuck82
05-11-2017, 11:01 AM
Sadly, due to the date selected and the conflict with a potential Game 6 in the Eastern Conference final in Ottawa vs the Penguins, I think attendance might be quite light. That is unfortunate because for the game last year against Vancouver, the Fury drew around 10k - which was I think the best attended game of the year.

JamboAl
05-11-2017, 11:28 AM
I think that the number of TFC supporters for this might be very high (relative to Fury fans) for exactly the reason that there may be a Game 6. Hopefully the Sens can win in 5 (or be eliminated in 5).

Initial B
05-11-2017, 11:37 AM
Sadly, due to the date selected and the conflict with a potential Game 6 in the Eastern Conference final in Ottawa vs the Penguins, I think attendance might be quite light. That is unfortunate because for the game last year against Vancouver, the Fury drew around 10k - which was I think the best attended game of the year.
I was talking with my Fury SSH rep and he said that there isn't a lot of overlap between Sens fans and Fury fans. They said business was brisk this morning and they'll have a special section for TFC away support. Unfortunately, can't in good conscience cheer for TFC this time around. Though TFC should paste the Fury, we did manage to beat the Whitecaps last year in our fist leg. I'll hold onto hope for a miracle.

Oldtimer
05-11-2017, 01:47 PM

The ideal solution is for the Sens to win in 4 or 5. :o

Honestly, we had good attendance even when Leafs games were on. We could probably expect the same for Fury fans.

ensco
05-11-2017, 08:21 PM
I was at the Fury v Whitecaps game, and I will almost certainly be there for this one.

It's an excellent MLS-caliber venue, and the redevelopment of Lansdowne gives the area right outside the stadium a nice Liberty Village type atmosphere.

Worth the trip.

ps I dispute that a Sens Game 6 wouldn't have a massive impact on attendance - it would. The whole city has gone insane for the Sens, it's bigger than hockey.

Gringo Starr
05-11-2017, 10:02 PM
Just wondering why is Ottawa allowed in the competition if they are a Montreal Impact Affiliated club now?

reggie
05-11-2017, 11:06 PM
because its a total farce this year,the fact that we have to win it again to get CCL games is a joke,csa is total joke.

Yohan
05-12-2017, 12:58 AM
Ottawa has only one player on loan from Montreal.

rappleby123
05-12-2017, 07:00 AM
i am in Cornwall and i am going to the game. do we know what section the TFC fans will be in. I want to get tics

fergiejr
05-12-2017, 07:13 AM
i am in Cornwall and i am going to the game. do we know what section the TFC fans will be in. I want to get tics

Read the first post. There's an email there.

spe18
05-12-2017, 01:04 PM
because its a total farce this year,the fact that we have to win it again to get CCL games is a joke,csa is total joke.

We all know that CONCACAF changing the format of the tournament in the first place meant CSA really had no choice but to make some changes.

Gringo Starr
05-12-2017, 04:17 PM
Ottawa has only one player on loan from Montreal.
Is the arrangement similar to the one we had with Wilmington a few years ago then. I figured with the Impact ending FCMontreal that they would have sent a lot more players to the Fury

Initial B
05-12-2017, 06:29 PM
They did send a bunch of players but the only one we recently took on loan was Micheal Salazar. We signed Aron Mkungilwa and Thomas Meilleur-Giguere on transfers from the Impact, so they're full Fury players.

Mark in Ottawa
05-14-2017, 08:55 PM
Ottawa is an "Affiliate" meaning that they help Montreal to meet the MLS requirement of having a "presence" in the USL.
Ottawa is still an independently run club with no direction given/taken from the Impact organization.
Montreal simply offers players to Ottawa and if they want them they take them within the guidelines of the USL. If they don't want them ... they simply say thanks but no thanks.

Canuck82
05-15-2017, 01:10 PM
Any thoughts on the team that TFC will bring to Ottawa? There are a few names on the roster who have not seen significant (or any) minutes so far. I am thinking about:
- Ashtone Morgan
- Tsubasa Endoh
- Ben Spencer
- Jordan Hamilton
- Sergio Camargo
- Oyvind Alseth
- Brandon Aubrey
- Mark Pais

How many of these players to you think we will see in the lineup?

Cas87
05-15-2017, 03:57 PM
With the new rule of a minimum of 3/11 starting players needing to be Canadian (and intending to play for the CanMNT) I'd say we see Oso, Chapman, Morgan, and Hamilton all in the starting 11 (with potentially some TFC2 guys called up on the bench too).

rowan
05-23-2017, 03:05 PM
Road Warriors, where are you drinking pre-match?

We're at Craft on Bank.

Wildgreek
05-23-2017, 06:02 PM
will this game be broadcasted on TV?

sn0re
05-23-2017, 06:03 PM
will this game be broadcasted on TV?

TSN 1 I believe

Wildgreek
05-23-2017, 06:08 PM
thanks buddy

ensco
05-23-2017, 06:09 PM
Inebriatti just showed up en masse. Horrified Ottawa families all around. Too funny.

molenshtain
05-23-2017, 07:31 PM
Inebriatti just showed up en masse. Horrified Ottawa families all around. Too funny.

You there or is there a video going around?