PDA

View Full Version : Other MLS Games - May 5 - > May 7

OgtheDim
05-05-2017, 11:13 AM
Friday

Vancouver @ Colorado 10pm TSN1 - EDIT Home team wins this one but as I mixed up home and away.....Rapids 1-0

Saturday

Montreal @ DCU 6pm - DCU better at home. Montreal a bit of a dumpster fire right now. So, of course, a Montreal win 2-1.

NYRB @ Philly 7pm - One day Philly will win a game but until then, can't see anybody losing, even in Philly. 2-0 NYRB

NER @ CBus 7:30pm - Offences good - defences not so much. 2-2 draw

Orlando @ Houston 8:30pm - Where have we seen these two teams before? I think Houston will be better rested. 2-1 for the guys in Orange

FCD @ RSL 9:30pm - RSL is rebuilding but not as good as FCD. 2-0 for FCD

Chicago @ LAG 10:30pm - Strange to think that LAG is not able to deal, at home, with Chicago but there we are. 3-1 for the Fire

Portland @ SJE 10:30pm - Porter ball vs. MLS 2.0 - Portland is too strong. 3-1 win for the away team.

Sunday

SKC @ Minnesota 1:30pm - SKC riding high in the West and should have enough to get past the suspect Loon defence. 1-0 for SKC

Atlanta @NYCFC 4pm EST - GAME OF THE WEEK. Pigeons playing it out of the back vs. that press. Should be a lot of goals 3-3 draw.

Initial B
05-06-2017, 01:03 PM
Man, I saw the replay of the Col-Van game and I bet Howard wishes he had that one back. Bono's got competition for save of the week with Ousted's goal-line clearance.

PizzaEatingYeti
05-06-2017, 07:35 PM
Friday
Montreal @ DCU 6pm - DCU better at home. Montreal a bit of a dumpster fire right now. So, of course, a Montreal win 2-1.

Spot on!

StokeciTFC
05-06-2017, 08:07 PM
Shocker about to end in Philly, but I'll take it.

UpTheReds
05-06-2017, 08:13 PM
Houston is dominating Orlando. 1-0 now and they missed a penalty.

PopePouri
05-06-2017, 08:28 PM
Orlando now coming back down to earth. Can't play all your games at home and ride that new stadium feeling.

UpTheReds
05-06-2017, 09:16 PM
2-0 Houston, barring an Orlando miracle, no matter what happens we will be top of the east after this weekend. If Portland drops points tonight we'll stay top of the league.

UpTheReds
05-06-2017, 09:18 PM
Geez 3-0 now, really putting them to the sword...

OgtheDim
05-06-2017, 09:43 PM
Houston speed on the wings was nullified by playing a diamond against us. Orlando's diamond can't handle that speed, especially with the short rest, Kaka still coming back from injury and Johnson not 100%.

UpTheReds
05-06-2017, 10:11 PM
Portland trailing 1-0

OgtheDim
05-06-2017, 10:18 PM
LAG can't deal with Accam.

UpTheReds
05-06-2017, 10:25 PM
No they can't. SJ just scored again. Nice touch to open himself up in a tight area from Wondolowski. Bent it nicely round the keepe.

Detroit_TFC
05-06-2017, 10:44 PM
LAG is a raging dumpster fire that caught a textile warehouse ablaze. 5 alarm.

UpTheReds
05-06-2017, 10:51 PM
Completely undone by Chicago in the first have.

Detroit_TFC
05-06-2017, 11:31 PM
Looks like the dumpster fire got put out. LAG 2-2

General Woolfe
05-07-2017, 12:13 AM
Good day for TFC with other results going our way. Nice to be sitting on top of the pile tonight. Here's hoping SKC slip up tomorrow for a perfect weekend. :)

69Chevy396
05-07-2017, 07:22 AM
Houston speed on the wings was nullified by playing a diamond against us. Orlando's diamond can't handle that speed, especially with the short rest, Kaka still coming back from injury and Johnson not 100%.
And, the real Joe Bendik returned to earth. He was horrible

Fort York Redcoat
05-07-2017, 11:57 AM
Man, I saw the replay of the Col-Van game and I bet Howard wishes he had that one back. Bono's got competition for save of the week with Ousted's goal-line clearance.

Close but Bono's was better in my very bias opinion.g:D

Fort York Redcoat
05-07-2017, 12:03 PM
Shocker about to end in Philly, but I'll take it.

That was ridiculous. Some great Union stops and NJ just loses their focus. Some Philly flukes pads a scoreboard that looks wayyy better than they are. Welp. They best enjoy that one.

Fort York Redcoat
05-07-2017, 12:10 PM
Orlando now coming back down to earth. Can't play all your games at home and ride that new stadium feeling.

Geez 3-0 now, really putting them to the sword...

And all those nice things we spoke about Bendik this week...I forgive the first but man. Orlando's back didn't help much either.

PopePouri
05-07-2017, 02:17 PM
And all those nice things we spoke about Bendik this week...I forgive the first but man. Orlando's back didn't help much either.

#PlayerOfTheMonth

Seriously, we've seen 3 years of him. In between all that level of impossible highlight reel shotstopping lies a level of shit distribution, command of the box and bone-headed decisions.

OgtheDim
05-07-2017, 02:18 PM
We play the Loons in 6 days - they are beating SKC, handily.

Fort York Redcoat
05-07-2017, 02:47 PM
No they can't. SJ just scored again. Nice touch to open himself up in a tight area from Wondolowski. Bent it nicely round the keepe.

Wondo finally making headway with the brace towards that 3rd all-time spot. Good luck except against us.

Fort York Redcoat
05-07-2017, 02:56 PM
Urruti with a brace for Dallas, Salt Lake made it worse missing easy chances.

Mr. Bigby
05-07-2017, 02:58 PM
With KC losing to the Loonies, that gives TFC first place overall. A hell of a thing 10 weeks in!

CBTFC
05-07-2017, 04:42 PM
NYCFC just scored 2 goals in 2 minutes to go up 3-1 on Atlanta. Using their telephone booth sized pitch to perfection ;) :P

OgtheDim
05-07-2017, 04:49 PM
Every team has trouble in Yankee Stadium for the first game. Angles and line of sight are all off. Second game is usually different. BUT, I'm not sold on Martino as a manager who adjusts well.

Pirlo should retire. The pigeons don't need him.

Detroit_TFC
05-07-2017, 06:06 PM
Lots of unexpected results this game week. Not sure what is up with that.

Joe Kool
05-08-2017, 08:34 AM
Looks like Atlanta is finally getting a little expansionitis to bring them back down to earth. Pretty sure Altanta supporters thought they were pretty much unbeatable out of the gate and were planning on some lofty results like a Supporters Shield this year. They had a hot start and are a decent expansion team I will give them that. Excitement is good for the league. They play a different style than MLS was used to but every team gets figured out eventually and that is when coaching tactics come in to keep things going. They are a team that likes to run like TFC is but you can't do that at Yankee Stadium and they found that out this past weekend. Who would have thought a few weeks ago that Atlanta would be even on points with Minnesota at the beginning of May.

molenshtain
05-08-2017, 09:16 AM
Atlanta's regression was always inevitable. Eventually teams were gonna sit super deep and get tight and see if they can break teams down. Turns out that's not what Almiron and Villalba are good at. Their defence was always suspect; I was never sold on Pirez despite the hype, Parkhurst is still Michael Parkhurst only he's a year older, and they're using a usl level keeper until Guzan gets there in mid July. They're a promising team that is a year or two from challenging for the cup, provided they stay their current course.

What was unforeseeable was MLS forcing Colorado to give up two cornerstones of last year's historically good defense to Minnesota for nothing. It's easy to get better when the league hands you multiple MLS best 11 candidates for free - Even when Adrian Heath is your coach.

notthesun
05-08-2017, 11:37 AM
What was unforeseeable was MLS forcing Colorado to give up two cornerstones of last year's historically good defense to Minnesota for nothing. It's easy to get better when the league hands you multiple MLS best 11 candidates for free - Even when Adrian Heath is your coach.

I haven't heard anything about meddling in regard to that trade. Just seems like good old Colorado mismanagement to me.

Areathrasher
05-08-2017, 11:46 AM
Yea - first im hearing about that too. Source?

molenshtain
05-08-2017, 11:47 AM
I haven't heard anything about meddling in regard to that trade. Just seems like good old Colorado mismanagement to me.

There's been nothing publicly, sure. But if we're giving them the benefit of the doubt then it's just simply one of the worst 1-2 trades in league history.

The no meddling theory also forces me to believe the same MNUFC FO who so royally fucked up their squad initially, now somehow managed to fleece one of the stingiest and least active FO's in the league for the heart of a defence that just led them within touching distance of an MLS cup.

That's a big leap of faith for me to take. Might not have been meddling necessarily, but I think there was definitely some facilitating done on this deal by the MLS head office.