PDA

View Full Version : 15th/16th July

Casbahowl
05-04-2017, 04:25 AM
Hi everyone, I'm a Sheffield Wednesday fan visiting Toronto for the first time ever to stay with one of my best mates ,Tom ,who acts in a tv show called Murdoch Mysteries.
I'm over for 5 days ,Wednesday to Monday, and was hoping to pick up a TFC game but there doesn't appear to be one scheduled.
Could this be because of a pre season friendly with a European club ?
Thanks and good luck for the season

OgtheDim
05-04-2017, 06:10 AM
Gold Cup - the CONCACAF equivalent of the Euros.

No games scheduled & TFC doesn't play friendlies anymore.

burlington Red
05-04-2017, 08:30 AM
Hi everyone, I'm a Sheffield Wednesday fan visiting Toronto for the first time ever to stay with one of my best mates ,Tom ,who acts in a tv show called Murdoch Mysteries.
I'm over for 5 days ,Wednesday to Monday, and was hoping to pick up a TFC game but there doesn't appear to be one scheduled.
Could this be because of a pre season friendly with a European club ?
Thanks and good luck for the season

I've seen him in the pub after the matches a few times, I still remember him though as Tommy Harris the mechanic lol. Its a pity no TFC games on when you here. Enjoy your stay anyway.

Casbahowl
05-04-2017, 10:33 AM
Cheers lads for the update.
Shame about the footy, would have loved to have caught a match to gauge the match day experience. Went to the US in 2005 to watch Wednesday on a pre season tour but the found whole match day experience was a little sanitized with stadia miles away from anywhere.
Tom reckons Toronto is much more our cuppa tea with pub crawls to the ground etc.
Oh well .........
Good luck for the rest of the season UTO (up the owls)

Greatest Ripoff
05-04-2017, 11:22 AM
No TFC, but there is rugby league if you fancy it.

https://www.torontowolfpack.com/schedule/

Casbahowl
05-04-2017, 12:02 PM
Thanks but would sooner have salt poured in my eyes lol

Fort York Redcoat
05-05-2017, 07:04 AM
Thanks but would sooner have salt poured in my eyes lol

:lol: