PDA

View Full Version : Home game Marches

Seanscape
04-24-2017, 02:54 PM
Hey guys . I know I'm New to RPB but is there a reason we don't March to every home game. Like I understand some fans are not into that but I feel our group is one of the biggest and also the the stadium isn't that far . I feel it's our job as a support group to at least try to get a group of RPBs to join in on inebreatti marches or just our own. The vibe of supports as a huge group showing up at BMO is priceless. Just seeing all other fans enjoying the sights and sounds of chants honestly brings a wow factor to the club and also get more people interested in getting involved . I dunno. I know I just vented out but was just wondering if there was a reason for only the home opener... Thx guys #TFC

jabbronies
04-24-2017, 03:04 PM
Weekday games suck for trying to organize a march - just getting to the game on time is a nightmare for most people - so that is out of the question

Also I think to keep marches exciting - they keep it to special rivalry/playoff games. If marches happen every game, they would get stale

Seanscape
04-24-2017, 03:21 PM
True. But thanks for your input . at least now I know we will do then for rival teams . hopefully not just the shitty impact lol. Seeya Friday !!

jabbronies
04-24-2017, 04:07 PM
True. But thanks for your input . at least now I know we will do then for rival teams . hopefully not just the shitty impact lol. Seeya Friday !!

The Impact games are usually ones we march for on a regular basis. Montreal usually send a large away group to those games so we have to shut them up early. Because of where they sit in the stadium and the fact they have to be in the stadium early for security reasons - We march in to show them our numbers.

We also do Home Opener and Home Closer marches every year - sort of a celebratory march to start and end the season. This year got Fucked with the Friday game - otherwise that march would've been better.

We did it for LA back in the day - but that was more to squash the hype around Beckham. But that doesn't happen anymore. LA games just come and go now

We have never marched for Columbus - they are not a real rival

We've done protest marches when we needed to make a statement. But that hasn't happened since before Defoe

I think we've done Voyagers Cup finals....but that again was earlier in our history

I also think the CNE game was one we marched for - again - to show our numbers to the city and hype up TFC

Seanscape
04-24-2017, 06:28 PM
Ya I honestly can't stand Friday games . the stadium takes forever to fill and traffic is insane . but thanks again for the input Jabbs

DinamoTFC
04-25-2017, 11:06 AM
Yea important games/rivals/weekends are good for marches and keep then special and better organized.

My only issue with our marches is that i believe they leave way too early. If we held them back to half hour to hour max before match kickoff then we'd get a lot larger numbers. But leaving 1.5 hours early is too early In my opinion. It's a short March as well.

Soccer Mum
04-25-2017, 11:22 AM
Yea important games/rivals/weekends are good for marches and keep then special and better organized.

My only issue with our marches is that i believe they leave way too early. If we held them back to half hour to hour max before match kickoff then we'd get a lot larger numbers. But leaving 1.5 hours early is too early In my opinion. It's a short March as well.

We need to change this attitude. People have to choose between getting their last few beers in or supporting the team. The last few marches have taken about 30 mins to complete since all the groups meet up, start and stop through the street, and fit everyone down the Go tunnel. If we have decided to do a march, we should be there to cheer on the boys during warm up too and make some noise int he stadium, rather than rushing in and half the people going to wait in line for beer.

SarniaTFC
04-25-2017, 11:57 AM
we need to change this attitude. People have to choose between getting their last few beers in or supporting the team. The last few marches have taken about 30 mins to complete since all the groups meet up, start and stop through the street, and fit everyone down the go tunnel. If we have decided to do a march, we should be there to cheer on the boys during warm up too and make some noise int he stadium, rather than rushing in and half the people going to wait in line for beer.

amen to that

Afra
04-25-2017, 12:49 PM
It can be tough. At the home opener I was a little late getting there as I had to wait for my lad to free up. We arrived at Joe's as soon as we could and I had to get him something to eat - of course, Joe's was rammed and the food did not come out until after the march had left so we missed it. Now I could have fed him along the way (plan for next time) or just bounced and cancelled the order (I felt that would be kind of a prick move considering how busy they were) but these are all things to consider for next time. It is not always as simple as 'finishing a beer' or 'beating traffic' versus not 'supporting the team' when it comes to missing marches or leaving at the end whistle. Different story when I am at a game with a buddy versus my 10 year old but I will gladly take the boy every time he wants (or is able) to go.

Marches are great - tons of fun and a great experience. Regardless of the time, it is mayhem at Joe's (and prolly every other supporter bar in the neighborhood) so anyone looking to hang at the bar for drinks and food beforehand really has to give themselves an hour and a half or two to make it happen and still join the march. [irritated side bar: If you mess it up, stay quiet and out of sight because the first thought is you are just not a true supporter - you are just a fan... and the conversations on here over the last few years show that consensus is that support comes before your work and family obligations, poser.]

Bottom line - marches are tons of fun whenever they happen and a fantastic game day experience. Leave yourself plenty of time and join in on one . . . totally worth it!

Soccer Mum
04-25-2017, 01:09 PM
It can be tough. At the home opener I was a little late getting there as I had to wait for my lad to free up. We arrived at Joe's as soon as we could and I had to get him something to eat - of course, Joe's was rammed and the food did not come out until after the march had left so we missed it. Now I could have fed him along the way (plan for next time) or just bounced and cancelled the order (I felt that would be kind of a prick move considering how busy they were) but these are all things to consider for next time. It is not always as simple as 'finishing a beer' or 'beating traffic' versus not 'supporting the team' when it comes to missing marches or leaving at the end whistle. Different story when I am at a game with a buddy versus my 10 year old but I will gladly take the boy every time he wants (or is able) to go.

Marches are great - tons of fun and a great experience. Regardless of the time, it is mayhem at Joe's (and prolly every other supporter bar in the neighborhood) so anyone looking to hang at the bar for drinks and food beforehand really has to give themselves an hour and a half or two to make it happen and still join the march. [irritated side bar: If you mess it up, stay quiet and out of sight because the first thought is you are just not a true supporter - you are just a fan... and the conversations on here over the last few years show that consensus is that support comes before your work and family obligations, poser.]

Bottom line - marches are tons of fun whenever they happen and a fantastic game day experience. Leave yourself plenty of time and join in on one . . . totally worth it!

My rant was more so at the people who want to stay and finish "another one" before they leave. I understand that everyone has responsibilities, but we cannot delay marches based on that. The hour and a half time time gap makes good sense logistically.

DinamoTFC
04-26-2017, 09:32 AM
My rant was more so at the people who want to stay and finish "another one" before they leave. I understand that everyone has responsibilities, but we cannot delay marches based on that. The hour and a half time time gap makes good sense logistically.

And did I say anything about beers in my post? Or did you just read what u wanted to read.
For many people coming from outside the city you need to come a lot earlier just to make the march (majority of times I don't even get to eat food or drink beer until I'm at the stadium and I know I'm not the only one). It results in smaller marches, smaller attendance of fans seeing the march, etc. If you want the march to be a spectactle with the most spectators then having it delayed a bit would be more effective is what I'm getting at.

Soccer Mum
04-26-2017, 09:50 AM
And did I say anything about beers in my post? Or did you just read what u wanted to read.
For many people coming from outside the city you need to come a lot earlier just to make the march (majority of times I don't even get to eat food or drink beer until I'm at the stadium and I know I'm not the only one). It results in smaller marches, smaller attendance of fans seeing the march, etc. If you want the march to be a spectactle with the most spectators then having it delayed a bit would be more effective is what I'm getting at.

I see what you are getting at. There's plenty of people who finish work at 7 PM, so we should wait for them too. Life doesn't wait around for stragglers.

German21
04-26-2017, 06:31 PM

We can't have it more delayed. We do the marches roughly 1/1.5 hours before kickoff this gives the people in the march time to actually do the march and get in the stadium to do setup. There are banners to be up, flags to be spread out, shit to be found. Those people dont want to be still putting things out when the kick off comes around, we want to be in the stand, preferably with a beer in hand and ready to chant just like the rest of the people. March times are set to allow for setup.