PDA

View Full Version : Other MLS Games - April 22-23

OgtheDim
04-21-2017, 10:14 AM
Nobody else plays tonight. We are, once again, the best game of the weekend. Why there isn't a US network covering our game I do not know.

Saturday

Montreal @ Philly 1pm - Philly is in a slow dive. Sapong is not the answer up front. Montreal might have found its groove last week against Atlanta at home - not sure it will continue away. 2-2 draw

San Jose @ Houston 3:55pm - Only real reason to watch this is we play Houston in a week. Very direct vs. very boring. 3-1 for the home team

Vancouver @ Portland 4pm - pundits suggesting Vancouver has turned it around. Good test here. Portland should pull this one out 3-1

DCU @NER 7:30pm - Lots of offence and vigour without a lot of actual scoring + not much midfield or defence. 1-1 is the likely score

Cbus @ NYRB 7:30pm - Good test to see if CBus is for real. NYRB changed out of a 4-2-2-2 back to a 4-2-3-1. Home team to prevail here. 3-1

SKC @ FCD 8 pm - Should be a decent game SKC still getting by on fumes. Dallas over its CCL hangover. 3-1 for the home team.

Atlanta @ RSL 9:30pm - Atlanta goes into altitude. The second half will be really interesting to see if that pace can be maintained. 2-1 for RSL

Sunday

Orlando @ NYCFC 1pm - the two kings of the "we can win at home for sure" meet in a baseball stadium. Orlando's defence is better but NYCFC's home offence is much better. 3-2 for the pigeons

Seattle @ LAG 4pm - One of these teams needs to turn it around. Thus a draw. 2-2

Colorado @ Minnesota 6pm - We play the Loons in a few weeks so worth tracking again now that the defence is less porous. Colorado is not very good. Loons win 3-1

UpTheReds
04-22-2017, 06:54 PM
Don't know if anyone is watching but a pretty significant injury to Columbus, looks like Artur just broke his arm/wrist...

UpTheReds
04-22-2017, 06:57 PM
Also, if you haven't seen the strike by Darlington Nagbe yet....😲😲😲😲

UpTheReds
04-22-2017, 07:01 PM
Sorry didn't see this thread before I started one above! As I was saying, Artur appears to have just broken his arm or wrist, pretty significant injury for Columbus. Also, if you haven't seen Darlington Nagbe's strike in the Portland v Vancouver game be sure to watch it!

CBTFC
04-22-2017, 07:21 PM
Just tuning in to NYRB vs Columbus to get my Saturday sports viewing under way.

I feel like I barely know any of these names on the Red Bulls

Hamilton_Red
04-22-2017, 08:42 PM
Sheesh - I was a fan of Waston in Vancouver his first season - but the big man has really lost it. Not the player he was at all - that Nagbe goal...

OgtheDim
04-22-2017, 09:44 PM
Red Bulls were OK and Atlanta is Atlanta but there is a lot of not all that very good going on in the rest of the league. Houston not all that impressive against SJE.

OgtheDim
04-22-2017, 09:52 PM
RSL trying to play the ball out of the back against Atlanta is just a bad idea. Rimando gave the ball to a CD who had 3 guys on him.

UpTheReds
04-22-2017, 10:39 PM
RSL are a nightmare in the final third...

Fort York Redcoat
04-23-2017, 11:13 AM
Don't know if anyone is watching but a pretty significant injury to Columbus, looks like Artur just broke his arm/wrist...

So they don't even show the injury in highlights. I'm not ambulance chasing but they could've at least described what happened if it was that significant.

Fort York Redcoat
04-23-2017, 11:26 AM
Sheesh - I was a fan of Waston in Vancouver his first season - but the big man has really lost it. Not the player he was at all - that Nagbe goal...

What about that lineup tho. So that's where Tony Tchani landed.

Fort York Redcoat
04-23-2017, 11:37 AM
Red Bulls were OK and Atlanta is Atlanta but there is a lot of not all that very good going on in the rest of the league. Houston not all that impressive against SJE.

Seconded. I thought Wondo was going to be more consistent this season with Amerikwa potted the odd one he didn't. Not so far. Tough times there. Houston was walking through that match (from what I saw).

Fort York Redcoat
04-23-2017, 11:52 AM
RSL trying to play the ball out of the back against Atlanta is just a bad idea. Rimando gave the ball to a CD who had 3 guys on him.

That did NOT look like Rimando in the highlights. Wow. Think he wanted to play out that match.

OgtheDim
04-23-2017, 12:18 PM
I keep forgetting we play Orlando at home in 10 days. Kaka didn't travel with them to New York but has been in training - we will likely see him that night.

molenshtain
04-23-2017, 04:07 PM
This could very well be the year the Galay don't make the playoffs. They look like an absolute mess right now.

TFC1154ever
04-23-2017, 05:36 PM
Larin is clinical. His hold up play isn't very good but, when get the ball facing goal, watch out. Good in the air too. I think this is his last year in the league

molenshtain
04-23-2017, 05:44 PM
Larin is clinical. His hold up play isn't very good but, when get the ball facing goal, watch out. Good in the air too. I think this is his last year in the league

His hold up play isn't great but it's miles better than what is was when he entered the league. Sometimes it takes a long time for those kinds of players to figure out how to do proper consistent hold-up play. Hell, Altidore only learned it last year and now it might be his best attribute.

Larin is terrifyingly good. Can't wait to see where his career goes.

CBTFC
04-23-2017, 07:37 PM
Watched most of the 2nd half of Minnesota vs Colorado (what's with no commentary on the stream??)

Looks like the Rapids appear to look a bit "neutered" without Jermaine Jones

ag futbol
04-23-2017, 08:28 PM
His hold up play isn't great but it's miles better than what is was when he entered the league. Sometimes it takes a long time for those kinds of players to figure out how to do proper constant play. Hell, Altidore only learned it last year and now it might be his best attribute.

It's crazy for all the lacking of goal scoring instincts with Canadian players we have a guy that can snatch the smallest of chances.

OgtheDim
04-23-2017, 09:22 PM
Larin's biggest asset is his quick shot - that's unteachable.

molenshtain
04-23-2017, 09:52 PM
Watched most of the 2nd half of Minnesota vs Colorado (what's with no commentary on the stream??)

Looks like the Rapids appear to look a bit "neutered" without Jermaine Jones

I think it has more to due with not having Cronin, Burch or Sjoberg from that dominant backline last year, as well as Cronin's replacement Boateng ruining his back last week. Jones was never much of a factor last season for them.

OgtheDim
04-24-2017, 08:01 AM
Well having watched all that I fear no team.

Atlanta, Dallas & TFC are a cut above the rest of the league

NYRB & Portland a step bellow those 3

Seattle a step below that

The rest.....meh.

C.Ronaldo
04-24-2017, 09:35 AM

the soccer version of the quick wrist shot. deadlier than it looks and more often than not, your just born with it

Fort York Redcoat
04-24-2017, 10:49 AM
His hold up play isn't great but it's miles better than what is was when he entered the league. Sometimes it takes a long time for those kinds of players to figure out how to do proper consistent hold-up play. Hell, Altidore only learned it last year and now it might be his best attribute.

So happy to see Larin with the brace. Snowbirds beat the Farm team Pigeons!

Fort York Redcoat
04-24-2017, 10:55 AM
I think it has more to due with not having Cronin, Burch or Sjoberg from that dominant backline last year, as well as Cronin's replacement Boateng ruining his back last week. Jones was never much of a factor last season for them.

I guess this was Cronin's first app vs his former team then? Didn't see much of him in the highlights but hope he did well.

Gringo Starr
04-25-2017, 06:35 PM
Larin's biggest asset is that he is cap tied to Canada