PDA

View Full Version : Other MLS Games - April 14-15

OgtheDim
04-13-2017, 10:04 AM
Friday

NYC @ Philly 7pm - Philly in a tailspin but NYC's defence is suspect as well. Should be some goals. 2-2

Seattle @ Vancouver 10pm - Neither team has been all that impressive but Seattle is a better team. 3-1 or Seattle

FCD @ San Jose 11pm - San Jose is not very good but doesn't lose at home much. Wondo goal because that's what he does will mean 1-0 for SJE.

Saturday

Atlanta @ Montreal 1pm - Home opener for the house that Stinky Cheese built - Looks like a mismatch. 4-1 for Atlanta

LAG @ Orlando 2:30pm - Supposedly the Wall in Orlando is intimidating. Lets see if the experienced people from LA think so. 1-1 draw but probably GAME OF THE WEEK

NER @ Chicago 5pm - Lots of running around and endeavour but I think the class of McCarty & Schweinsteiger will win out here. 3-1

DCU @ NYRB 7:30pm - One of these weeks NYRB is going to break out. DCU is not all that good. 3-1 for the home team

Minnesota @ Houston 8:30pm - Another test for the Loons good defence. Houston is VERY VERY direct (think Atlanta last week with less technical skill). 4-1 for the home team.

RSL @ Colorado 9pm - Mountain men derby. Petke isn't perfect but he's a better coach then Pablo M. 2-0 for RSL.

CBTFC
04-14-2017, 08:11 PM
Wow, Villa chipped Andre Blake from just inside half. That pretty much sums up Philly's year so far. They're a mess.

OgtheDim
04-14-2017, 08:58 PM
Euro snobs are going to say the usual about "old European guy shows up MLS" without realising that was the starting keeper for their favourite CONCACAF team that rarely gets to the World Cup - Jamaica.

https://twitter.com/MLS/status/853051070666469376

Wasn't crazy good goal as much as really bad goal keeping.

Auzzy
04-15-2017, 12:54 AM
Og the first views of the Villa goal make the keeper look really bad. The last two replays (especially the one from the side) show that it was more difficult to stop than I realized. The ball came in at a really steep angle. I think it wasn't great goal keeping, but it wasn't as bad as it looked at first.

San Jose still doing crazy last-minute stuff. Tie the game in the final seconds of their game vs. Dallas.

Detroit_TFC
04-15-2017, 08:19 AM
Curtin's seat getting quite hot, perhaps fairly. There would seem to be a decent amount of talent on the squad, they experienced improvement last season and from all reports, Earnie Stewart was able to resolve much of the FO dysfunction. So, with the current massive under performance, eyes are turning to Curtin.

ag futbol
04-15-2017, 10:59 AM
I don't think it was as much of a keeper blunder as it first looks. You have what appears to be less than a 50/50 ball and the attacker is blanketed by two defenders. In all likelihood Villa loses the challenge and Blake correctly positions himself halfway up the area to act as an outlet for a backpass. You can see the defender waive at it and miss .... that's the real blunder here, he should have expected the contact from Villa and easily cleared the danger. The fact Villa a half second later hits it on a half volley for a perfect lob is exceptional but still flukey.

I thought Montero was exceptional for the Caps last night. Guy is a true poacher. The team itself looks awful though...

OgtheDim
04-15-2017, 01:26 PM
Montreal's defence is non existent but they get a penalty (with a pretty lame red card thrown in) right at the half to make up things.

ag futbol
04-15-2017, 01:44 PM
All said and done Atlanta appears to be determined to break the system or be broken by it.

Sometimes it's great flowing football, sometimes it's a loser feigning injury while pay (rightfully) moves on without much sympathy. The amount of antics and poor sportsmanship is something else.

Edit: oh and their backline is Swiss cheese like. That will only be a bigger issue as the season goes on. Guzman will help a little with the organization I'm sure but they look very much like a team that will score 3 goals every game but possibly concede 4.

molenshtain
04-15-2017, 01:48 PM
This Tabla kid is quite something. He's a little bit older than Davies but he looks to be a better player right now. Good stuff for the CMNT ahead.

ag futbol
04-15-2017, 01:56 PM
^ I think Talba has the benefit of being drip-fed time while Davies is very much into the fire with Vancouvers roster situation.

I think Davies will eventually be better but both look extremely promising.

notthesun
04-15-2017, 01:57 PM
This Tabla kid is quite something. He's a little bit older than Davies but he looks to be a better player right now. Good stuff for the CMNT ahead.

Tabla turned down a spot on the U20 WCQ roster a couple months back. He might have his sights set on playing for Ivory Coast...

Knock on wood but Davies seems to be safely ours at least.

OgtheDim
04-15-2017, 02:06 PM
I am, unfortunately, listening to the Atlanta feed. Gawd its so homerish. Almost no critique of Atlanta players.

ag futbol
04-15-2017, 02:07 PM
He's played for the team before though. He was named POTY for his age group for Canada once.

Stranger things have happened but I'd hold out hope he suits up for Canada.

Brandino88
04-15-2017, 02:13 PM
I hate that freaking bell

ag futbol
04-15-2017, 02:15 PM
First MLS goal for Canadian Jackson-Hamel. Nice one too, although lucky I must say, haha

OgtheDim
04-15-2017, 02:17 PM
Hamel meant to do that. You can see him move his left out and his right into position. But, yup, lucky because that sort of flick could go anywhere.

Wish somebody else had taken Atlanta down a peg but it needed doing.

CBTFC
04-15-2017, 02:23 PM
Will Johnson just scored a screamer for Orlando.

Why oh why did we alienate him and push him out the door?! He should've finished his career with TFC.

ag futbol
04-15-2017, 02:30 PM
Orlando-LA on fox right now in my area. Amazing game so far.

bigredone
04-15-2017, 06:32 PM
Orlando-LA on fox right now in my area. Amazing game so far.

:canada: wins the day!

Redcoe15
04-15-2017, 07:25 PM
Shithole City, America's blight, wins the day!

FIFY.

Fort York Redcoat
04-17-2017, 09:32 AM
:canada: wins the day!

Johnson AND Larin! Orlando- our Snowbird team. ;)

Fort York Redcoat
04-17-2017, 09:45 AM
Houston really turned it on...and then off against Minn U. Hope they keep that up when we meet em in a couple.