PDA

View Full Version : Caption this, I wonder what The General and Drew Moor are saying to Mavinga here?

Red CB Toronto
04-09-2017, 12:03 PM
A good friend of mine and fellow RPB member took this photo last night and it got me thinking. Caption this, I wonder what The General and Drew Moor are saying to Mavinga here? After the dreadful first start for Mavinga that saw him not last that long into the second half, could it have been along the lines of "Outta Here" , "Time To Hit The Road, who knows, have some fun with it.

https://scontent.fykz1-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/17799993_10212855300317009_2624336685364706530_n.j pg?oh=8870556fccb58ee790f7775d620e1162&oe=595429F9

OgtheDim
04-09-2017, 12:06 PM
Reality on this pic? Plays up the field (look at the spectators) and Moor is telling him to get over to the left while Bradley is watching the play.

SirBobSaget
04-09-2017, 02:04 PM
There was an animated argument between Bradley and mavinga before a corner.

Auzzy
04-09-2017, 02:58 PM

Exactly, I was wondering what that was all about..? I have rarely seen any significant argument between Bradley & anybody else before. (Perhaps somebody who sits closer to the pitch can correct me, but...) I think Bradley doesn't say a whole lot on the field, and when he does, people listen. Then yesterday you have a pretty new & young guy like Mavinga in an extensive argument. As far as I could tell, Mavinga stood his ground and didn't listen to Bradley throughout that situation. I wonder if Mavinga was supposed to be one of the players to hang back in defense on the corner (especially considering how good Atlanta is on counters). But Mavinga wanted a chance to get his head on the corner. Probably not a great strategy with your captain if you hope to see the pitch again.

That's all a guess of course.

jloome
04-09-2017, 03:42 PM
Exactly, I was wondering what that was all about..? I have rarely seen any significant argument between Bradley & anybody else before. (Perhaps somebody who sits closer to the pitch can correct me, but...) I think Bradley doesn't say a whole lot on the field, and when he does, people listen. Then yesterday you have a pretty new & young guy like Mavinga in an extensive argument. As far as I could tell, Mavinga stood his ground and didn't listen to Bradley throughout that situation. I wonder if Mavinga was supposed to be one of the players to hang back in defense on the corner (especially considering how good Atlanta is on counters). But Mavinga wanted a chance to get his head on the corner. Probably not a great strategy with your captain if you hope to see the pitch again.

Again, Mavinga's not a young guy. He's 25 and has 70 games in Ligue Un under his belt, including 49 in one season after he left Liverpool.

Auzzy
04-09-2017, 04:19 PM
Again, Mavinga's not a young guy. He's 25 and has 70 games in Ligue Un under his belt, including 49 in one season after he left Liverpool.

Yes I already knew Mavinga is 25. But Bradley's 29 and the captain. Mavinga has only been been with TFC for a few months, and has only logged 65 minutes playing time so far, with his first start yesterday. Probably best to shut up & listen on the field, and then talk it over in the dressing room or while training if you're not happy with it. Especially when you've played a factor in goals against during the game.

SirBobSaget
04-09-2017, 05:35 PM

It looked to me like Mavinga was waving Bradley off. Moor got involved as well.

noimpactinmtl
04-09-2017, 06:14 PM
It looked to me like Mavinga was waving Bradley off. Moor got involved as well.

His attitude problem was what got him out of Ligue 1 and into MLS at 25. I don't want to read too much, but I'm worried about red flags when it comes to mental makeup.

SirBobSaget
04-10-2017, 12:01 AM
According to wiki hes signed for 3 years. Praying when Players Uinion number comes out hes not on the euro-defender special of 500k per year.

Captain
04-10-2017, 08:23 AM
Exactly, I was wondering what that was all about..? I have rarely seen any significant argument between Bradley & anybody else before. (Perhaps somebody who sits closer to the pitch can correct me, but...) I think Bradley doesn't say a whole lot on the field, and when he does, people listen.

Bradley and Beita had a huge fight on the field during the home opener. They kept going back at each other. It's seem very heated. Beita wouldn't back down and then Bradley would start yelling all over again.

gmacpheetfc
04-10-2017, 08:29 AM
bradley was at fault for the first goal. Almiron had 5 touches before he played that pass. Mavinga has to deal with the long ball on the second though.

eustacchio
04-10-2017, 08:42 AM
Worst caption contest ever.

C.Ronaldo
04-10-2017, 08:59 AM
can we caption the fake spat that vasquez and giovinco had on the free kick

Stress
04-10-2017, 11:15 AM

This was right by my section. Couldn't hear what he was saying but Bradley was really ripping into him. Mavinga seemed to just ignore him and I think that provoked Bradley even more. Given Bradley's influence on the team and Mavinga being (semi) culpable for both goals, I think he's really dug himself a hole.

Jack
04-10-2017, 11:21 AM
Players get into it on the field all the time in the heat of the moment. The majority of that stuff is in-game, on-field and doesn't make it beyond the next ten minutes.

Red4ever
04-10-2017, 12:57 PM
Players get into it on the field all the time in the heat of the moment. The majority of that stuff is in-game, on-field and doesn't make it beyond the next ten minutes.

this.

jabbronies
04-10-2017, 01:27 PM
Vanney seems to think that Mavinga is lacking defensive vision. Essentially says Mavinga didn't have the vision on both goals like he should've.

fergiejr
04-10-2017, 02:50 PM

I was actually a little concerned during that "spat", and the ploy almost worked... ;-)

Slick
04-10-2017, 08:38 PM
Arguments happen all the time, and it's part of the game. When I was sitting field level, I recall Bradley and Caldwell going at it 3 years ago, but as somebody said above, they're usually forgotten 10 mins later.

The best TFC player spat I've seen is with Gilberto and Defoe. We all know how that ended.

Dv23
04-10-2017, 08:51 PM
That's me in the scarf, directly to the right of Mavinga. From the looks of it, and based on where we are looking, I'd say that we were setting up for a corner kick here.

Section_105
04-11-2017, 11:36 AM

Right?!?! That almost came off but the Atlanta defenders were awake to the possibility

ag futbol
04-11-2017, 02:03 PM
bradley was at fault for the first goal. Almiron had 5 touches before he played that pass. Mavinga has to deal with the long ball on the second though.
Great point. To let a player of that quality have that many touches on the ball is only asking for trouble.

He looked like the real deal - MVP worthy if he keeps this up.

MightyDM
04-12-2017, 09:17 AM
Vanney seems to think that Mavinga is lacking defensive vision. Essentially says Mavinga didn't have the vision on both goals like he should've.

That was the most directly critical of a player that Vanney has ever been, in my recollection. He must be really pissed.

jabbronies
04-12-2017, 10:24 AM
That was the most directly critical of a player that Vanney has ever been, in my recollection. He must be really pissed.

I know, right?
In the past he has usually chalked errors up to learning curve pains or just momentary lapses in judgement.

This felt like it was targeted at Mavinga's arrogance in what he perceives his skills/ability as a footballer is capable of.
My read is that Mavinga thinks he can play out of position because his speed and ability can make up for whatever defensive lapse occurs. And it sounds like it's a habit they are working on breaking, as oppose to someone learning a new formation or play

fergiejr
04-12-2017, 10:45 AM
He can only play out of position when he can catch the attacker. In this case he could not.

OgtheDim
04-12-2017, 12:24 PM
Well at least he's 25 and not 30. His innate technical ability is good. A work in progress, like the rest of our back line that isn't named Moor.

OgtheDim
04-12-2017, 04:06 PM
Molinaro's been reading this site again. :)

http://www.sportsnet.ca/soccer/tfc-coach-vanney-not-giving-mavinga-poor-showing/